The Free Website Guys Reviews & Product Details

Freelance English Language teacher
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

They built me a nice website for my new business and set up everything that was needed for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I'm really happy with the results delivered by The Free Website Guys. I found them on social media and I didn't know anything about them and was not sure what to expect. But the results are great and they were very clear with instructions and super friendly with communication. They were also patient and answered any questions I had. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

CNothing really..maybe only communication via email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I'd definitely work with you in the future again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They built a website Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Free Website Guys Overview

What is The Free Website Guys?

We build professional, mobile-friendly Wordpress websites for people at no cost. To date, we’ve built 1,000+ websites for people all over the world, and have over 300 5-star reviews around the internet. The reason we do this is simple: it’s a great way for us to build connections with business owners who might hire us for larger projects down the line. 97.4% of the people we’ve built websites for have been happy with the results, and about 18% go on to hire us for additional projects or recommend friends who do. Learn more about what we do at www.thefreewebsiteguys.com

The Free Website Guys Details
English, Spanish

The Free Website Guys
N/A

Answer a few questions to help the The Free Website Guys community
Have you used The Free Website Guys before?

The Free Website Guys Reviews

Showing 112 The Free Website Guys reviews
Location
Already have The Free Website Guys?
Freelance Content Writer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Navigating the waters of building your own website is no easy feat, especially for people like me who have almost no knowledge about coding, hosting, and all the other things that come with it. I launched my own freelance writing service a year ago but relied only on free portfolio websites to put together my work for me, although I knew that there would come a time when I had to have a website of my own. When I heard of the Free Website Guys, I decided to give it a try—and I'm more than glad I did! They are so easy to work with and they do everything for you. I really appreciate how they guided me through each process by sending me documents, presentations, and videos, and helping me make some decisions here and there. Now I have a great website that I can use to showcase my writings. Thank you so much! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How helpful they were throughout the entire process. They really guided me each step of the way and even helped me when it came to making some challenging decisions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None. I found them very easy and pleasant to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They helped me, someone who isn't that very knowledgeable when it comes to website, build my own. And it's something that I love and can be proud of showing my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Copywriter and researcher
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have a freelance business but did not have a website to connect with clients. A friend on LinkedIn suggested the services of The Free Website Guys. I applied, and they accepted it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The most helpful thing about The Free Website Guys was the free service. Many freelancers do not have the funds to pay for a website, especially if starting. I also love how they provided step-by-step videos. Whenever an issue arose on their end, I was notified as soon as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really have nothing negative to say about them. I enjoyed the experience. I wish I had discovered them sooner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you are a small business in need of a website, The Free Website Guys are the way to go! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Free Website Guys solved the problem of me not having a website. One great benefit I realized is that it took away the stress of figuring it all out myself. I didn't have to wonder if I missed a step. I also did not have to worry about the time lost if I had done it myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in The Free Website Guys
Motivational Speaker/Vlogger
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The Free Website guys put together a website for my new business. I have a self care strategy business and really needed a place where my clients could pay for services and book me for their needs. I only sell merchandise and it was pertinent to have a website to house that as well since they were all over the place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I liked best was their honesty. They offered their services upfront but also made suggestions based on my business needs. They also did not pressure me to choose other options. You have the option to invest money into your website via flashier template design or other extras. However, they not once made it mandatory. They make it a point to be direct about what you're getting and the timeline they expect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really a downside to working with them. They really do go out of their way to give you the best they can for free. Some reviews had an issue that they get a fee taken out from you using hosting but when you look at how much websites cost that's PENNIES in comparison. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

MY advice is to be aware that it is a FREE service. They do quite a bit of work for no cost. The only charges you will see is for hosting or if you want to pay for a template. Besides that they are very big on communicating throughout the process. Each step that is important they let you know. It's not an overnight deal. Give them time and you'll be pleased with the overall results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main benefit is they set everything up for me including the ecommerce. You have to plug in your own words but as an owner I feel more comfortable explaining my brand. With them taking care of the website design, tabs, and ensuring it was product ready I only needed to worry about uploading my merchandise, editing the information about my company, and setting my rates for my services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The process from start to finish has been smooth and professional. I know nothing about website creation, luckily I didn't need to; the process was in safe hands from start to finish and everything was explained to me each step of the way. Although it felt like learning a new language on times, the clarity with which Sven and the team walked me through each stage of the process and the accompanying videos were the key to keeping me in the loop and helping me feel like I was part of the process too. The outcome is that I have a professional website which I am now excited to personalise; something I could never have done myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The clear communication flow; things were explained simply with accompanying videos - this helped me to understand the next action steps I needed to take to move the project forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - this was a successful process! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Apply, just do it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I didn't have a website and I also don't have the skills to build one - now I do! I have a professional, fully functioning website that I can now personalise! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Small Business Owner
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I received a message from The Free Website Guys through Linkedin. I thought a free website was too good to be true, but after googling the reviews, I decided to try it. I wanted to upgrade the website that I created to something more professional. Working with Sven was an easy process. I was able to choose my theme and different layouts, while they handled all of the technical stuff that I do not understand. I am very pleased with my website! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I wanted a more professional looking website and someone to do the back-end technical stuff that I did not know how to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not like using the screen sharing app to send them my notes. I had some trouble figuring out the extension. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am getting a more professional looking website. The Free Website Guys recommend different templates and they use WordPress which they recommend. Those recommendations saved me a lot of time researching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The Free Website Guys created a functional, secure and beautiful website for my personal brand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Sven and the Free Website Guys team made creating a website for my personal brand completely stress- and worry-free. The site absolutely met my expectations and more. The team of developers know exactly what they're doing, and this gave me reassurance that my site is set up for success. I am not a technical individual by any means, but I know the kind of work that goes into creating functional, aesthetically-pleasing and secure websites. The fact that they did this free of charge blows my mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Every step was super easy to follow. Communication was spot on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is a game-changing service for busy entrepreneurs like me who have limited time to dedicate to this kind of endeavour. Super cost-effective, super easy process, and the team was a pleasure to work with. A+++. Highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Self Employed
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Hired them for creating my website. They sent video tutorials through the whole process so I knew exactly what to do and when. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked that they communicated really well, and provided all the tools I needed to learn on my end. It felt like a true collaboration. I liked being able to chose my template and being taught how to update the info and manage the website myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't really find anything negative to say here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

This is not a hands off project when you work with them. You get to make all the decisions, so you are very much involved in the whole process. Which is great because you can then manage your own website and not be dependent on anyone else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving the issue of time. I didn't have time to create my website from scratch by myself. The benefit is that I know that the backend particulars are taken care of and my website will be secure and set up correctly for maximization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Conference Interpreter
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

They helped me create my website from scratch and guided me through all the process so that I could have exactly what I needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They are very professional, they explain the entire process step by step, they are reliable and always willing to give options so you can decide what works best for you. I deeply appreciated their patience when answering my many questions as well as their fast responses. I wanted to learn how to make changes and how to put my content on my website myself and they even taught me how to do that. Thanks to them now I have a professional website that is starting to look exactly how I wanted it to. I totally recommend working with them! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The process took a little longer than expected, but that was also because I needed some extra plug ins for my website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am finally having a much more established online presence by having a professional website that is also easy to change if I need to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

They helped me build a website for my personal brand in financial services Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy and straight forward the process was and the end result of the website was awesome. They provide videos, links and text to explain the next steps. if you are prompt with getting the content back to them, your website can be completed quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside I could think of is the content insertion is the clients responsibility. If you follow the videos and links you should be fine. I personally am okay with it as I want to learn how to install text and images onto a wordpress website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Return the information to them as quick as possible so you can get your dream site done. They do such a great job..Im starting another project with them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My biggest problem is getting noticed to the world and explaining how I do financial services different. By working with the free website guys, they created me professional site which I dont know how to do, this saves me an incredible amount of time. Helps me get noticed on the internet so I can find clients I might not have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO & Owner/ Career & Leadership Coach for Mid-level & Senior-level Professionals / Resume Writer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

WordPress development for my business website Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They are so professional and so helpful- they answered all my questions, explained everything to me, and walked me through the entire process from beginning to end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't any! They deliver a quality, high-value service that cannot be compared to others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Do not hesitate to apply to work with them. They are fabulous and do incredible work. I wouldn't hesitate to refer them to anyone!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed to re-do my business site due to multiple front-end and back-end issues. It was also outdated and sales from the site were lagging. It was time for a refresh! I realized that I was likely getting in my own by trying to do it on my own because I didn't know enough and I was creating a site that wasn't attracting users. You need a team of professionals like The Free Website Guys! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

“At first I didn’t see the benefit of having a website or domain but when Clarice entered my DMs on LinkedIn offering a free website, I thought what harm could it do. I soon realized how valuable it was and how fortunate I was to get this service from Sven and his team at FreeWebsiteGuys! I’m definitely being taken more serious as a business owner with my sleek new site and I truly appreciate the time spent on it and the offer to begin with! Thank you FreeWebsiteGuys! Thank you very much!” Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

THE THEME, THE LAYOUT, ALL OF IT! THANK YOU! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I disliked is that my logo does not blend into the theme for some reason. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Definitely take them up on their offer, it's worth it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MVP, PMT! Free Website Guys, have helped me to legitimize my startup, I'm very grateful for all their hard work and help, thank you again! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business intelligence advisor
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Great agency and would absolutely work with them again

I contacted them after a post I saw on Facebook, submitted the form and my website project got accepted. Since then everything has been very easy with them and the communication fast and clear. I got my website with everything in the backend done, I asked also for some changes to the template we used and they did it pretty well! Sven has been the guy I've been talking to and so far he has done an amazing job.

The tutorials they send for me to maintain my website are well explained too.

Thank you guys. I really appreciate your help and support during the time you dedicated to my website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Sven's availability and always willing to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not my case. Our process was very simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having my website completely done in a short time. Even tho I couldn't reply sometimes, they always reached me back to continue with the project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The Free Website Guys helped me developing my company website from scratch and guided me through the entire process assisting in steps to be taken and how to take them (i.e. theme choice, how to create a logo). As I am not very knowledgeable on website creation their support was key in order to get things done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Constant support, clear explanation on how to do things (either via email or via videos), quick communication Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe as I am a bit lazy, the fact that I had to do things myself like that I was not very knowledgeable of (i.e. change domain IP, communicating with the previous hosting provider) but I guess it's normal for the owner to do that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having a brand new, professional website. Benefits will be having new business opportunities coming in as I will be able to aver my services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner, Video editor/motion designer at 26Made
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Free website build for Engage Small Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What an absolutely amazing experience. Creating a new website is such an enormous undertaking that I’ve been delaying it forever but Sven and The Free Website Guys made the process so simple for me. The communication is flawless and they really empower you along the way to take a bigger role in the creation of your website. I learned a ton about the whole process which will help me when I make changes but it’ll also help me to communicate better to my designers. Plus, it was free and I feel like I owe them so much for what they’ve given me. I can’t thank and recommend them enough. Just an amazing experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The experience was positive the whole way through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have struggled in the past with building a website and they not only built it but taught me how to change and maintain it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Conference Interpreter
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I heard about the Free Website Guys through a message posted on one of my Facebook groups.

At first, I thought their offer was just too good to be true. A website designed by professionals entirely for free, at the cost of

considering their service if needed in the future? No way. Not only was I stunned by their outstanding and speedy work, I also can safely say

that the Free Website Guys will have me as a happy, paying customer when I'll need a more sophisticated website. I am grateful to Sven, for

sending me weekly updates of the ongoing work and all the staff who joined in building my first website.

For a young conference interpreter and translator like me, having an online presence will help me connect with more clients and develop my business.

I am forever glad I seized on this great offer and hope that this testimonial will encourage any fencer-sitter to do the same. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

High-quality professional service for free Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing is can say in this category. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With this great website, I connect with my more clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Spiritual Life Coach
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Develop a new website; Wordpress with relevant plugins and Divi Theme Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Clear communication with fast response time, easy to follow instructions whenever my input was needed and being informed about what was being done every step along the way.

It almost sounded too good to be true, a free website. But it's as real as it gets and the result is absolutely great!

A very nice website that not only looks professional but is also set up professionally with all kind of (free) plugins so it runs smoothly, not just for today but for the long run.

My compliments to the team - great work guys! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not dislike anything, it was all set up very well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Improved my online presence, have a website set up professionally that is ready to grow together with me and my online business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Licensed Realtor
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The Free Website Guys put together a basic website for me, including setting up and optimizing the back end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Sven and the team were fantastic all the way through the project! They laid out everything that they were going to do in a very clear and detailed way. Sven kept me updated on the progress and made sure that I knew which steps were next for me to do on my end. I would highly recommend working with him and the team! The handover process was simple, easy to understand, and you're able to go back to reference things if you have any questions. Sven was patient the entire time, as I took longer on some steps than I'm sure they would have liked. They are helpful and prompt with everything! You will love your experience with The Free Website Guys! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was overall great, but if I had to say anything, it would be that we were in different time zones so responses took a little longer if I emailed late in the day. That's standard and to be expected, though! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They set up the front and back end of my website and adjusted the design elements so that I didn't have to! It saved me a ton of time and the frustration of figuring it all out and researching everything on my own. I know it's done properly by an expert! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online Teacher of English as a Second Language
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The Free Website Guys provided instructions on how to set up hosting and how to choose an appropriate theme library and theme. Once this was done, I was invited to record a short video stating which pages I would like to adjust and how I would like them adjusted. After being shown how to find a theme, adapting it, and having the domain pointed to the hosting package, the team set to work customising my website. Along the way, they uploaded useful WordPress plugins and linked Google Analytics and Google Search Console to the site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The clarity of their explanations, their patience and the hand-over document Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't experience any difficulties with them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I now have a website that looks quite professional and thanks to the video the team has published, will be a pleasure to enhance further Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Yoga instructor & Literacy Coach
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The free website guys created an absolutely free wordpress site for my new business. I know nothing about coding or building a website, so my goal was exactly what they did-create the back end of my website so I could work on developing content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They are completely transparent and available. They kept me in the loop every step of the way, sent me the tasks that had to be completed by me one step at a time so it wasn't confusing or overwhelming, and ultimately produced a wonderful site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dont have any complaints-I was completely satisfied. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They helped me launch my website. This saved me so much time, as I would have had to learn how to do this on my own. And if I couldn't do it on my own, I would have had to hire someone to do it, so they saved me money which is a big deal when you are just starting off and not yet earning an income. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

O
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The Free Website Guys team went above and beyond in helping me create my website, they showed professionalism, and were very prompt in keeping me updated with the progress; their presentation of the work they put into making it happen is efficiently streamlined, and gave me all the tools needed to layout my brand just the way I wanted!” Thank you for it all! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I liked most about The Free Website Guys is the fact that they showed professionalism from the beginning to end, they were prompt to respond to my questions; and provided with multiple resources so I can be able to understand the whole process myself; the upsides of the company are the ability to stay on track with, they were genuinely interested in offering their services and create a website that fits my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes about the company if I wasn't aware they are a startup, I would have never guessed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Please don't hesitate to reach out to them, as I mentioned in the evaluation, I would have never guessed they are a startup company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems I am solving by using the company's services are the lack of knowledge in creating a good portal for my clients to reach out and understand what I am offering. As a benefit, I don't have to worry about the lack of information regarding my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Strategist
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

A free professional web design?

With no strings attached?

That’s impossible.

At least that’s what I thought before I encountered the Free Website Guys. And as their name suggests, you di get a 100% free professionally designed website.

I decided to give them a try with my website, and to be honest, had little expectations. In fact, it was more of an experiment to see how the process would pan out.

To my surprise, the process was as you would expect from a paid service. The team really took their time to understand what kind of website I needed and put in the time to create exactly what I wanted. From getting my web hosting to theme selection, to the actual design process, The Free website guys put in 110% into ensuring that everything was done perfectly.

All I had to do was focus on the website copy - which for me isn’t a big deal as I’m a freelance writer.

I would undoubtedly recommend The Free Website Guys to anyone who needs a professionally designed website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the way the lead developer, Sven, communicated with me concerning each and every step they took. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. The free website design went better than I expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had to redesign my website. I did the first iteration myself but it didn't come out as good as I had hoped. The Free Website Guys built a brand new website for me at no cost except for paying for hosting and a theme (I could have used a free theme but opted for a paid one). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Health Coach
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The Free Website Guys helped me from the bottom up with developing my site. I would’ve been way too overwhelmed to start this on my own, and honestly wouldn’t have know where to start! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked that entire process was collaborative and detailed, yet concise, so I understood each step of the process. The team's correspondence was seamless, and they thought of everything from security, to design, to keeping this project practical and economical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I disliked about the process! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I'd recommend The Free Website Guys to anyone looking to build their own website!!

Know your vision for your site (what sections you want, what you need included) prior to meeting, but no need to worry about logistics or technical jargon (like licensure) they take care of that!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I now have a simple and clear way advertise my business, and specific resource to point potential clients too, as I have all my services detailed, and scheduler linked to the site! I was also able to start a blog I’ve wanted to for a while! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.