- Devices pool: We always have access to devices that we need for our cross-compatibility Coverage testing.
- Fresh eyes: This concept involves thousand of testers that can help uncover new/different issues from various experiences and perspective
- Types of testing coverage: Mainly rely on Coverage testing and Focused testing
- Reports: I got an EoW report that summarizes my weekly testing activities, besides the actual test execution summary
- Continues Support: Sometimes the JIRA integration feature might be overwhelming. Yet, operational POC can always help configure and set it up to as needed
- Roadmap visibility: They always take feedback to improve their platform. Moreover, you get a peek on new features in the pipeline that will help using the platform.
- Two-way sync and the JIRA process flow might be a bit confusing. Luckily, our operations POC helped us set it up.
- Redundant/ Existing tickets within JIRA projects (internally) can be handled in a better way to link them to the Know Bugs list that Testio finds.
- Sometimes we still get the same reported bug, after being rejected or even accepted.
By pointing Testio to our production environment, we were able to identify business critical issues. Moreover, they help us create and maintain the QA level of confidence for our rapid deployment model.