TeamGantt Reviews & Product Details

Process Engineer, Sr.
What do you like best?

It's easy, it covers all the basics, the short videos are a lot of help. It works across multiple industries. I first learned about TeamGantt when I was looking for a better way to track multiple campaign rollouts across a team of business development managers. I implemented it in my role again as an engineering project manager, as I was about to go out on maternity leave and needed my team to be aware of dependencies and deliverables, and get reminders in my absence. I just recommended it again yesterday to our architect and general contractor. I made a bare bones framework of our construction timeline, linked up some dependencies, and shared with them. Our house project has been going off the rails, and I really felt they could benefit from a gantt chart with dependencies, milestones, and document attachment. I wouldn't be surprised if they both ended up subscribing for their personal businesses at some point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into anything I dislike yet. I haven't found the task balancing functionality that useful, but that's likely just a function of how I use it. I could see where someone else would find it very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently, I'm using it to track project timelines that last over a period of months. It helps me stack up what needs to be done when, but honestly the historical aspect is just as important, being able to see when we made certain changes. I've also just set up a chart for personal use tracking our home construction timeline. We have some complexities up front, and a lot deadlines have been missed with huge delays. So I shared with our design and contracting team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TeamGantt Overview

What is TeamGantt?

TeamGantt is effortless project planning and collaboration. Intuitive, beautiful gantt charts combined with task level communication and file sharing.

TeamGantt Details

TeamGantt has everything you need to manage complex projects, and nothing you don't. People who have used all of our competitors and choose us tell us our simplicity and attractive UI set us apart from everyone else.

TeamGantt
2009
White Marsh, MD
@teamgantt

Growth at TeamGantt

TeamGantt Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the TeamGantt community
Have you used TeamGantt before?

TeamGantt Reviews

Showing 732 TeamGantt reviews
Already have TeamGantt?
Implementation Specialist/ Project Manager
What do you like best?

The most helpful thing is the abundance of supporting videos, tips and articles that are available anytime. With regards to product features, I find the task resource assignment feature so helpful. I use it regularly and in making sure to adopt it wholeheartedly and keep it up to date I have a much better idea of how I am using my team's resources and help them to manage their time. I love that it gave me the insight to off load some of my frequently used team member's tasks to another member and give that person the breathing room they really needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of proper task predecessor assignment tools. I am only using the free version at this time and I can't remember if this is a feature for premium users so if this is the case I have no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving problems by balancing my team's workload. I realized just how much a small handful of people had in their workload and was able to off load some of their tasks to other team members. I can ease the stress of some team members while giving others an opportunity to learn different skills. This is really helping me to balance my team and also to ensure I am left with a lower risk of a single point of failure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Program Manager
What do you like best?

user friendly portal and prefer to recommend to my company to purchase this software for permanent used for up coming projects.

Comparatively better portal for any project schedule. very effectively update my customer on the project schedule and future plan to invite our customer to join the termagant chart to participate and have real time activities update lively. Management was happy tat i was implemented this portal to my company and they're trying to get MIS to fix this portal for china team join and used. So update delay can eliminate when used termagant chart. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

free trail can give at least more participant to join so that group can convenience and can motivate them to purchase this app. Try get more valuable package to the member. Prefer to have notification thru email or instant message to trigger the task assign person to take action and complete the task effectively. Customer service better to have live chat instead of reply thru email. When have live chat option then the user can approach the customer service immediately and can solve the problem they're having instead of waiting for email solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ex colleagues, current company, friends and family Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

my overseas colleagues can easy to update they're schedule and we can review and update the team daily basis and reduce email update and focus on the timeline achievement. effective update and valuable to chase the right and respective person for each task and also the PIC also showing more involvement to reach the task to 100%. Due to management are involve and watching out movement delinquently. So eel like each person take they're responsibility and will not missed out the schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Computer Aided Design Designer
What do you like best?

It is very friendly, elegant, and time-efficient. I used it to make the planning and timeline for my graduation project. After looking for many other solutions, this was the most convenient out of all.

It offers many amazing features including making a good-looking timeline for the project, show the progress of every task created, add task details and assign them to other team members, and the ability to share the project with other people and work collectively on the same project could be life-saving.

I used TeamGantt several months ago and here I am using it again with my team members in order to work on our projects. The most amazing thing is all that is for free! They give you all kinds of support and tutorial in order the create the best Gantt chart possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback that I noticed that when working in teams with other members on the same project, the chart does not update instantaneously and requires refreshing the page for the changes to show up. It would be nicer if it was able to sync on time and also show what the other team members are doing in order to make the process of organizing better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes project management much easier. You can include all the tasks, their timeline, and their assigned team members in one place. I used it to organize my graduation project, work on assignments, and other freelancing projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

E
What do you like best?

It was easy to sign up for a free project. It has a shortcut on my phone desktop so i can see it on my phone. It has great training videos. I just could not be happier with Team Gantt. Easy to collaborate ad involve other people too.I am a complete novice to project management software. I now think its the best product ever for organising a multitude of tasks through time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can say i dislike about Team Gannt Software. They even let you use it for free on your own personal (not for profit personal project) so you can try it and see if you like it before you buy it. I love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had a To DO list that was never getting done. Time was wasted, progress was ramshackle and in fits & starts. I was getting nowhere & i was frankly overwhelmed.

My girlfriend & I set up Team Gantt to see if it could hel me and us. Now my head is clear on what to do next. Stuff gets done. I stay on track because in a few mouse clicks the path and order of tasks is clearly laid out. If things change I can easily reschedule. Awesome for my girlfriend & I to collaborate in Team gantt. Instead of getting hounded with overwhelming ever-changing verbal instructions my time is allocated to each task, in an orderly but flexible manner.

One of the best features of team gantt is brainstorming an idea into a task list into a Gantt chart. I love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Director
What do you like best?

The most helpful things about TeamGantt are the ability to assign tasks and create subtasks for a parent task. I have found the upside of TeamGantt is that it works well with other applications that my organization uses such as Trello. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The least helpful thing about TeamGantt is that it doesn't exist on my desktop and even though I can create a shortcut I would love for it to have its own application on my desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My advice to those looking to use TeamGantt is to play around with the tasks and projects, there is a lot to discover and a lot to experiment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems we have solved and continue to navigate are project management especially now that we are all working in various locations, our team is learning how to stay up to date with each other while working remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use drag and drop functionality. Very useful to see deadlines, clashes, individual employee workloads and combined deadlines. The daily feature of highlighting the current day is also good to see where you are versus where you should be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No quick way to zoom out and see a whole project. Instead, you have to use the print view. To be able to zoom out and easily see how small changes near the start affect the end date would be useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use TeamGantt to manage property renovations. It is very useful to see what work has to be completed by when. We can then very clearly communicate deadlines to contractors and ensure that the project progresses smoothly. We have not run over time or over budget on a project that we have mapped out using TeamGantt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

GANTT & PERT charts can be daunting. But this is remarkably straight forward! It's very easy to make orderly entries for tasks then adjust their position relative to others, modify their related resources, change their duration or start/finish dates, etc. It's visually clear & provides a level of flexibility that doesn't complicate the organization of things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I'd change. If you have a really big project, you'd probably love to have a REALLY BIG monitor. It's like a large CADD drawing or spreadsheet in that you're likely to be scrolling around a bit if you're dealing with the overall disposition of a project. More narrowly focused activities are extraordinarily easy to manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just download & TRY it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Design & construction management for interior renovations. Like I said... KEEPING MY ACT TOGETHER. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

TeamGantt is OS independent. I can run it on my macBook, Ubuntu system and ChromOS laptop. The various videos makes it easy to learn the tool very fast and the template projects makes you start working on a project as a breeze. You can change the colors of the bars, so making categories of work items per assignee is very easy. Notifcations of overdue tasks via email is also very usefull. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Scrumboards are a premium feature which I would like to try out first before converting to a premium account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try ! You will be working on your projects within minutes. Enjoying it for hours. Delivering for days and months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Personal and professional projects to manage and prioritization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

TeamGantt is a browser based cloud solution, which means it can be used anytime, anywhere. Bringing a project plan into a meeting for review and discussion is as simple as a clicking a shortcut or visiting the TeamGannt web address (URL). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think one of the most important fatures requiring the Pro version, is the possibility to create baselines.

When it comes to project planning, it's the planning process which is important, not the plan itself. Therefore, dynamic what-if sessions are a major feature of a project managament tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have tested TeamGannt extensively in an interanl development project of medium scale. The benefits of ease of use is very important. As long as the level of detail is kept within the limits of what can fit on a single screen, TeamGantt stands out as very intuitive and useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instructor / Research
What do you like best?

The teaching materials the folks at TeamGantt put out on the art/science of project management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No Kanban board functionality, though, that is coming soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend going over all the teaching materials the team puts out. They basically give a free course in project management with instructional videos, interviews with industry leaders, loads of templates, just everything you need to get your act together. It's this knowledge that allows you to get the most out of their product. I think it's these intangibles that set TeamGantt apart from the other productivity apps out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm in academia. I use TamGantt to plan my research, teaching, and service objectives. These are usually moving targets so I always thought that using a productivity app geared for delivering products with fixed deadlines/budgets in an industry setting would not be very compatible. I was not trained in project management. The folks at TeamGantt have helped me translate the concepts of scope, process, expectations, and change to say submitting a grant application, organizing a seminar series, or planning research tasks to get that article ready for peer-review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Easy to learn, good tutorials for novices, provides users with powerful tools. Has multiple user-levels. Novice to expert. Fits small, medium and big projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is very expensive, particularly for small-scale startups with few staff members and very limited income. I would like to suggest an approach similar to Solid Works that allow for a full year of "testing-and-trying" before starting to partially charge for usage and then charge fully for a company with a limited number of users. It'd help startups get off the ground and deliver huge income boost once the successful ones scale up. Once you learn Team Gantt, you do not want to leave. Why should you? :) So, helping startups get up and moving would be great. It's pretty expensive as-is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TeamGantt is a simply fantastic project/product management tool... if you can afford it :) I would recommend it to anyone, easy to use. Literally its only flaw is the steep pricing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting projects done on-time and valuating the impact of every member on the project. Reorganizing is a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Research Assistant
What do you like best?

Using TeamGantt is super easy, also there are plenty of videos available as instructions to keep you going. You can make your account and keep your Gantt chart everywhere with you, easily share it with your colleagues, and modify everything needed to be modified at an instant! You might also want to produce report versions (.pdf files) to be able to share it with other people or keep a copy of it for yourself. With TeamGantt you can also give different types of access to different people playing a role in your project.

Have fun Planning! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cons are really minor things!

I think the sizes of the words and panels should be changeable and the timeline should be able to modify itself (or based on the preferences of the worker), so when you zoom out/in, you can have a proper overall look at the chart. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just give it a try, you will love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using TeamGantt to manage my PhD project, it is suggested by my supervisor. He and his team are already using it for years and share it with each other easily at the time of need.

I gave access to him and he made the changes necessary on his eyes very fastly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have used TeamGantt for several years for campaigns with multiple deliverables, and to schedule project due dates for my students. Team Gantt has just enough features to make it robust and useful, but without all the bells and whistles that would require a steep learning curve. It' s pretty straightforward, and the end result looks clean and modern. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the edit icon disappears next to the task in the Gantt view, and I have to click around the page to make it show up again. This could be because I have the browser window open quite narrow in my 2nd monitor though. The only real complaint is that when I introduced Team Gantt to my workplace years ago, I was the only one who used it to plan our marketing campaigns, production schedules and events. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink... but that's a workplace culture thing, not a Team Gantt thing. If TeamGantt could be integrated into Office 365 and Microsoft Planner, (or OMG, Adobe CC) it would be the best thing ever. Unfortunately because it's a standalone option, and doesn't integrate into existing workflows that well adoption by other teams mates is a hard sell. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a standalone, simple to use, free Gantt Chart, this is an excellent option. Even the free version is robust enough to be useful - calendar, list and Gantt views, colour coding and dependencies - help to conceptualize milestones of multi-phased project and help plan realistic start and end dates for tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently I am scheduling all of my class projects for the semester in a Gantt chart. This helps make sure I haven't made any mistakes. The visual Gantt chart makes is really obvious when I've assigned projects with clustered due dates, or too short turn around time (stressful for my students) if I've got the deliverables in the wrong order.

Presenting my students with a TeamGantt workback schedule with their syllabus exposes them to a project management tool that many graphic designers use for managing big design projects, while helping them manage their time and workload.

Exposure and familiarity with workback schedules and Gantt charts helps better prepare them for the workforce once they graduate.

The Gantt chart was especially illuminating when students put in the project deadlines for all of their classes. This overview helped faculty visually see and understand the logjams and bottlenecks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The tracking function is one of the best parts. At the beginning of the semester, I create a group for each course and enter everything for that course, line up the correct dates, color code tests and quizzes red and then I'm ready. Then I almost never look at the overwhelming large chart again because it is a lot. I usually look at the list function and narrow the display to show everything due in 2 weeks, hide the completed tasks, and get to work on the most important course. This saves me so much time rummaging through canvas (literally the worst educational management tool). Every time I check a box for a completed assignment it is like a little bit of drug lol. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the "my tasks" function does not make much sense, I do not know what exactly needs to be fixed about it but I do not look at it very often because it is not helpful to me. The other function I do not like is that I have to assign a person to task every time even though I am the only person, I wish it just removed the part for singular projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Teamgantt is the most powerful management tool and offers so many customizations if they can't directly market your target yet that is a shame but I promise you that this tool works for every, every single industry. I am even considering using it for my daily life because it is so functional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am literally staying afloat academically because of TeamGantt. I have realized that my school workload is actually quite manageable and I am staying on top of it like I never have before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The tool is very intuitive and therefore very easy to use.

Also the possibility to share projects and plannings with your team is really great. You have one perfect place for the whole team.

The tutorial content is really exceptional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reports are not very great

The communication options could be upgraded and improved Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have multiple small projects at the same time. With TeamGantt this is easy to manage. Also I can share the planning with my colleagues.

The quick sharing is really a benefit I love.

The easy overview of the projects has saved a lot of time discussing with my team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It gives you a simple yet complete visibility about the project statuses and next steps towards the goal. Every meeting when someone pops up a question about what to do next Its everything right there. When you add the team members to the project board, everyone know and see the impacts of postponing a delivery or not completing something. This makes the team share the project responsibility and improves the overall commitment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I still learning the tool but I miss some kind of kanban visualization for the tasks. I understand that it is not the point to the Gantt chart itself, but when it comes to the colleagues, the simpler the better. I imagine that some kind of child area for the pairs to see their tasks only and manage them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It gives you an instant visualization of what's next for the project so It's very practical to have it open on your browser when attending to the planing meetings. When the whole team can see the impact of their taks on the project, the overall commitment is improved and even when something gonna be late It's way better to handle previously. Align this with SCRUM and you gonna be in the Project Management heaven. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.