Humanity Reviews & Product Details

Humanity Overview

What is Humanity?

Humanity is the leading cloud-based employee scheduling platform that simplifies day-to-day employee management processes and accelerates employee shift schedule creation by up to 80 percent. Organizations of all sizes receive unprecedented insight into their operations and receive actionable data with which they can optimize staffing based on employee skill set, time-off/leave management, and worker availability. Humanity is offered as SaaS and can be deployed as a stand-alone solution in the cloud, or integrated quickly and easily with today’s leading HCM platforms and payroll solutions.

Humanity Details

Employee Scheduling Software, Time Clocking, HR & Payroll

Humanity is the leading solution for cloud-based employee shift scheduling. We ensure that the right employee is scheduled for the right shift, at the right time. Whether your organization is global or local, Humanity will completely transform the way your business manages shift-based employees. Creating, managing, distributing, and managing schedules is a snap. And managers have up-to-the-minute visibility into overtime, labor cost variance, clock-in/clock-out data, and so much more.

If your organization has made an investment in another provider for Human Capital Management or Payroll, that investment can be leveraged and put to work with Humanity’s market-leading scheduling solution. Humanity is fully integrated into today’s leading HCM platforms and payroll applications, allowing for Enterprise-class scalability previously unavailable with cloud-based scheduling solutions. Open APIs, as well as an integration cloud connector, allows you to connect Humanity with other SaaS or on-premises solutions.

TCP (TimeClock Plus)
1988
Austin, Texas

Humanity Videos

Humanity Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Humanity community
Have you used Humanity before?

Humanity Reviews

Showing 165 Humanity reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Humanity?
AM, Operations
What do you like best?

Reports - I can see data for all my employees in a glance. I can download it and use it the way I like.

Support team - They are a super team. Always there to help. Even when they do not have an answer, they'll get back to you as soon as they have it. No matter how long it takes :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Views - I would love to see graphical representation of data/reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No matter what the size of your organization is, If you have 10 or more employees - Humanity will make your life easier. :)

Share files, documents, automate shift planning. Look at the employee data in a glance using the reports and export them using your preferred payroll software or simply by using MS excel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Break and schedule adherence have skyrocketed by using Humanity. Also, the shift swap feature works like charm. I do not have to intervene for every little task. I can decide with a click whether or not my employees are allowed to trade shifts with or without my approval.

I use automation to post recurring schedules. Even importing a changed schedule is very simple as they offer various ways to do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Intern
What do you like best?

The best part of humanity is the graphical elements of the shift planning page. Being able to view things in employee, position, list, or visual is by far the thing I felt were missing in past jobs. Being able to see who you work with, when you work, and how it fits in to your manager's POV easily makes the schedule feel more understandable. I don't have to filter out information or search, it's really intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think that the robustness of the shift planning page should be extended to other resources. Being able to change the order and maybe even having a graphical display method for past timesheets and the staff page would be helpful. My work needs us to copy and paste our timesheets to another internal application, but it's prone to have mistakes as the dates go chronologically downwards as apposed to humanity displaying them chronologically upwards.

The other thing that I would recommend modifying is another UI element. When using the visual view while showing multiple locations, the date columns don't expand and it scrunches and overlaps the "shift" boxes. That is great if you only want a weeklong overview to get a sense of what's going on, although for an employee seeing who is working different kinds of shifts on the same day it's a hassle. Having an option to have sub-columns that separate shift types inside each day column would be amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The only issue that I have been having is if I or someone else is late for a shift, we need to contact our manager externally to get the time adjusted. Having a "declare clock in time" button that clocks me in at the right time, and sends a message to my manager to approve would be much more efficient than having to go over and ask her to clock me in manually herself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Athletic Facilities Graduate Assistant
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to schedule someone based of of their availability. As long as your staff knows how to set up their availability, it makes your job much easier when you have to build a schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Every time I have to make a new schedule for the semester, I have rotate the weekends manually and this is difficult because the work week begins on Sunday in this app and at most work places, it begins on Monday. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very good product and the help center is always available for you. I once had a problem trying to login into my account and I was able to call and ask for assistance. In little to no time, I was on the line with customer service and they helped me get my problem fixed in the matter of minutes. Setting up new employees is also very easy and stress free. It is a pain doing for my university, but when I have to do it for Humanity, it only takes seconds and all you have to do is enter the new employees email and it will activate their profile in no time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems are usually small and manageable, but just makes things harder on the managers when building a new schedule. The benefits are easily managing a schedule change. I can easily go into Humanity and change personal when they need it to be changed. It is my favorite thing about Humanity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The layout. I like that you can see the provider, scribe, and location all at once. I think the auto-schedule is really cool. I like how user-friendly everything is. Compared to our last scheduling platform it's better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that you can't copy and past shifts with all the tags and everything. I know you can repeat them, but the repeats can't be edited after published and if you have a shift that repeats multiple days of the week and weeks of the year, then when you make a change it changes all of them. So the constant re-making of new shifts basically is really frustrating. Also text is too zoomed in. I wish the buttons got smaller when you clicked the 2 or 4 week view. you can only look at one week at a time so that is a little weird. Like it would be cool to see one employee at a time for the month for example with the second week under the first etc. Then at a glance, I could make sure the employee is not scheduled for anything they can't work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think for the company it helps solve the issue of people clocking in for no reason or tracking open shifts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That it tells you the amount of time registered since you clocked in every time you refresh the page Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That sometimes when I clock in, for some reason it marks it as registered, but when I check again it asks me to clock in again, so it did not register the time that passed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just make sure that your clocked in time was registered by refreshing the page Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Basically the problem to know exactly how many hours you worked and must be paid Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Its great for scheduling tool especially if people are working in different time zones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Following are some of dislikes:-

schedule can be viewed only up to 4 weeks at a time.

lacks comparison feature Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

working in shift work it really resolve the issue with shift overlap and gaps, and provide better work and time management. Following are some benefits:-

good for different time zones

identifies work hours for each employee

can be access on mobile as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of clocking in and out of shifts... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The availability feature is not easy.... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think about what your ultimate goals are, whether it is scheduling or management in another way. It is overall a good tool but does have its flaws. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

On the go clocking in and out is a plus. Being able to see schedules from different company sites as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

User interface. Easy to check schedule at a glance. Time off requests are easy to file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had the ability to customize my interface to know who's working on the same shift in the same location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's much easier to verify my hours than in previous jobs. It's also nice to be notified of colleagues' birthdays. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PCR
What do you like best?

I have the accessibility to clock-in right away before my shift, minimizing any potential loss that may occur. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The gps can be off at times, and may say I'm in a completely different location then in actuality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can request a shift switch with coworkers at any hour of the day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

On my own experience the best helpful way that Humanity fives me when its send on time shift reminders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can say that the only downside of this app is that you have to make sure you have internet access to use it.q Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling and time sharing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Humanity's support team is very responsive and helpful with any questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Further enhancements in filtering, reporting, and Supervisor/Agent access right levels would be better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reconciling shifts and worked hours Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Humanity is easy to use. I can access it on my phone which is helpful when I am traveling without access to a computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No major concerns with it. It is effective for my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using Humanity to coordinate scheduled shifts for a medical practice. It is helpful to pick up shifts or even exchange shifts with my colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

The interface is easy to navigate and very simple but has professional look. It is pleasing to the eye compare to other scheduling tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to get a notification when new shifts are being offered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Humanity helps me to plan my time off work. I can see it on a 2-weeks or 4 weeks view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great feature set and amazing support responsiveness. Clean User Interface. Engaging Account team is quite proactive and prompt. SSO Integration is really helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Ability to scale up to a large, complex organization and being responsive to users. Reporting customization is a little inflexible. Difference in features and responsiveness between permission levels is frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please ensure that Humanity fits the bill when it comes to the size and complexity of your organisation before you jump to implementation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shift Scheduling. Single source of truth for staff availability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease with which I can clock in and out Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The new availability drives me crazy!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm not really solving any problems since I'm only using it to clock in for the most part. I do use it to check my mentee's schedules sometimes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

Humanity is mobile friendly and very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Business Rules, permission levels by users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, utilize APIs to get the max value Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Total time worked, shifts missed, and actuals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front Desk Supervisor
Customer Service Improvement Manager
Game Quality Manager
People & Culture Officer
What do you like best?

The customer service is unreal. I've had multiple calls arranged and any time i had a query they were always got back to me with an answer or solution with lightning speed. For an organization where employees don't work in shifts, Humanity doesn't tend to offer alot compared to other products out there, but it shines best when it comes to Shift planning and scheduling. In our company we don't tend to do shifts, that was the reason we opted for a product like CakeHR, but overall i was very pleased with their product and all the benefits you get from leave management to attendance tracking. Also their indept reporting system is very elaborate! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app isn't as good as the web version of the product. Apart from this there are other features which can be incorporated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leave Management and Attendance Reporting for employees Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like that you can categorize positions of employees and you have a lot of options for the way you view your schedule, as well as others on your time. We have multiple locations, so It's nice to have a digital way to know who is working when and where at the click of a button. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile site is terrible and doesn't allow you to log in. I've tried multiple times and there is literally NO log in button on the mobile version. Sometimes if I switch my phone to desktop view I am able to access it, but most of the time I am not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just be mindful of the issues with the mobile site. Hopefully they will be fixing that issue soon, but if mobile scheduling is a big issue for you, it may not be right for you. There is an app, but I found that it gave me far too many notifications and I didn't like having to mess with the settings to get everything right. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Multiple campuses, multiple departments/positions, and multiple types of schedules. Its really helped centralize everything in one place where we can all keep track of who is to be where. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Event Manager
What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of Humanity. I also like how good the customer service is when using the chat feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

How long it takes for bug fixes. Additionally, I dislike the fact that when Shiftplannig switched to Humanity, we've had a different accoung manger almost every 6 months, and are constantly having to explain again what the nature of our business is. The price per user is high compared to other companies of its kind. Being one of the larger users with Humanity, this cost could prohibit our using their services in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Humanity is very user friendly for staff and has wonderful customer service through their chat feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving trying to manage a large number of staff for multiple shifts in a day, where they can pick and choose which shifts they want to work. This has been beneficial, because we no longer have to spend hours on the phone scheduling those people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, Scaled Support
What do you like best?

It's simple and convenient. Doesn't require much to get started, and begin using it. This allows users to get it up and running without much headache and need to go through everything. The support is every easy to use, whenever I have needed help they have been pretty quick to offer assistance and or guide me to the right answer. They at times have also just did my request for me since it might have been to complicated or not as easy to just type out the instructions without them physically being next to me to guide me. I really appreciate their efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The articles could be more helpful and the layouts to get to places are not user-friendly. There could be improvements there. This would lend to having users actually willing to look around or know where more things are located in their dashboard or page. They could also be clearer on what certain reports mean or give some hints on what each can do or info it provides as I don't know what most of the reports do or understand on how it can help me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool to start with, and as you get more comfortable, you can dive deeper and use more functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing hours for independent contractors. It helps not have to use the system current employees are using, but to have something easy for remote contractors. It keeps them separate and easier to manage without much overheard for our independent contractors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HCS Director
What do you like best?

I like the ability to see everyone's schedules in one view clearly. I can get as little as one location or as many as all locations in one place. I like the color coding as well as it makes it easier to determine who works where or at what position. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to figure out without training. I would rather have had a more in-depth training prior to my first use so that I could understand all that the program has to offer. I would prefer that the training be easier to find. Also, sometimes we end up with a duplicate schedule posted because the staff using the software do not clearly understand how to use the copy feature. This can be very confusing. I would like to be able to use this software more efficiently but who has time to sit through lengthy training or try Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to train your staff well from the start so as to avoid frustration and confusion. I would explain to all staff the way to show availability and the importance of being accurate with that availability. I would encourage companies to only choose one software for all needs such as time keeping (payroll), scheduling, and communication regarding such as it can be confusing to have to clock in and out in one program and use another program with that ability to see work schedules and open shifts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We allow staff to see each other's schedules so that when they need to call-in or want time off it is easier for them to find their replacements. This way managers do not have the full burden of finding coverage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.