Humanity Reviews & Product Details

Humanity Overview

What is Humanity?

Humanity is the leading cloud-based employee scheduling platform that simplifies day-to-day employee management processes and accelerates employee shift schedule creation by up to 80 percent. Organizations of all sizes receive unprecedented insight into their operations and receive actionable data with which they can optimize staffing based on employee skill set, time-off/leave management, and worker availability. Humanity is offered as SaaS and can be deployed as a stand-alone solution in the cloud, or integrated quickly and easily with today’s leading HCM platforms and payroll solutions.

Humanity Details

Employee Scheduling Software, Time Clocking, HR & Payroll

Humanity is the leading solution for cloud-based employee shift scheduling. We ensure that the right employee is scheduled for the right shift, at the right time. Whether your organization is global or local, Humanity will completely transform the way your business manages shift-based employees. Creating, managing, distributing, and managing schedules is a snap. And managers have up-to-the-minute visibility into overtime, labor cost variance, clock-in/clock-out data, and so much more.

If your organization has made an investment in another provider for Human Capital Management or Payroll, that investment can be leveraged and put to work with Humanity’s market-leading scheduling solution. Humanity is fully integrated into today’s leading HCM platforms and payroll applications, allowing for Enterprise-class scalability previously unavailable with cloud-based scheduling solutions. Open APIs, as well as an integration cloud connector, allows you to connect Humanity with other SaaS or on-premises solutions.

TCP (TimeClock Plus)
1988
Austin, Texas

Humanity Videos

Humanity Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Humanity community
Have you used Humanity before?

Humanity Reviews

Showing 548 Humanity reviews
Already have Humanity?
AM, Operations
What do you like best?

Reports - I can see data for all my employees in a glance. I can download it and use it the way I like.

Support team - They are a super team. Always there to help. Even when they do not have an answer, they'll get back to you as soon as they have it. No matter how long it takes :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Views - I would love to see graphical representation of data/reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No matter what the size of your organization is, If you have 10 or more employees - Humanity will make your life easier. :)

Share files, documents, automate shift planning. Look at the employee data in a glance using the reports and export them using your preferred payroll software or simply by using MS excel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Break and schedule adherence have skyrocketed by using Humanity. Also, the shift swap feature works like charm. I do not have to intervene for every little task. I can decide with a click whether or not my employees are allowed to trade shifts with or without my approval.

I use automation to post recurring schedules. Even importing a changed schedule is very simple as they offer various ways to do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Outbound Booking Specialist
What do you like best?

It doesn't look like your typical gray interface, with bugs all over the place that kicks you out without any reason. This dashboard has QUALITY. Easy, quick, intuitive and very customizable interface. I can manage my time, my vacations, my days off and pretty much just own my time at work without really going through emails and weird steps. It manages my own time at work just PERFECT !!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wanna be honest. The most I try to find negative points within Humanity, the most I like it. Nothing to dislike at all, I haven't got a single bug this whole year I have been working with Porch.com. And I am 100% Humanity will be getting better and better with upcoming updates. Maybe adding some different colors schemes could be fun! A dark version would be really nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just relax. This is a stable and intuitive dashboard. This is all you need in your company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

These are the problems that Humanity solved to me as a employee.

1. Feeling comfortable to manage my own working productivity (working hours, availability, leaves, vacations)

2. No need to go into a further training to learn how to use the system. It only took minutes so I could be able to manage my dashboard.

Other Problems I solved are: Not going over too many steps or people to request my schedule to be changed and/or updated. Everything is real time, including the notifications. The website design is beautiful. This is way ahead than other dashboards I have ever seen in my life, and once again, is customizable! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Humanity
Telecommunications / Contact Center Consultant
What do you like best?

The Calendar view is always the easiest format to look at an overall schedule, and Humanity starts with that view by default. I appreciate that attention to the customer experience. Due to the current pandemic, I have been able to take myself out of the employee pool through the end of March; I hope by then we're in a better place than today! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to explode on a day and see who is scheduled, and what auctions are on the calendar. Right now, there is one tab to review my shift, and another to submit my Availability. I know I'm missing the coding perspective, but both are tasks are based on the Calendar, and combining existing Shifts and Availability may help some people balance out their time and locations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This question doesn't apply to me, as it is the application I was provided when hired by MaxSold. However, I understand the part-time nature of the business model used by MaxSold, and Humanity is a good fit for the quirks that come with trying to schedule Auction pickups. I can't speak to the benefits, as I have no insight into that aspect of the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nanny
What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to quickly pop onto the app on your phone and clock in! Also in the settings you can choose how often you would like to be notified for upcoming shifts, which I find VERY helpful! I also enjoy how quick it makes updates to my schedule and is able to alert me with plenty of time to rearrange what I need in order to make it work best for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that there was a more straight forward way to communicate to the other team members on the app, but other than that I wouldn't change a thing. the app's main focus is to communicate to the team the schedule/ upcoming events that are necessary to be on your radar! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have noticed that I am better able to budget and know what to expect my pay check to look like since Humanity does it for you automatically! It makes my financial stress melt away! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Intern
What do you like best?

The best part of humanity is the graphical elements of the shift planning page. Being able to view things in employee, position, list, or visual is by far the thing I felt were missing in past jobs. Being able to see who you work with, when you work, and how it fits in to your manager's POV easily makes the schedule feel more understandable. I don't have to filter out information or search, it's really intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think that the robustness of the shift planning page should be extended to other resources. Being able to change the order and maybe even having a graphical display method for past timesheets and the staff page would be helpful. My work needs us to copy and paste our timesheets to another internal application, but it's prone to have mistakes as the dates go chronologically downwards as apposed to humanity displaying them chronologically upwards.

The other thing that I would recommend modifying is another UI element. When using the visual view while showing multiple locations, the date columns don't expand and it scrunches and overlaps the "shift" boxes. That is great if you only want a weeklong overview to get a sense of what's going on, although for an employee seeing who is working different kinds of shifts on the same day it's a hassle. Having an option to have sub-columns that separate shift types inside each day column would be amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The only issue that I have been having is if I or someone else is late for a shift, we need to contact our manager externally to get the time adjusted. Having a "declare clock in time" button that clocks me in at the right time, and sends a message to my manager to approve would be much more efficient than having to go over and ask her to clock me in manually herself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Athletic Facilities Graduate Assistant
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to schedule someone based of of their availability. As long as your staff knows how to set up their availability, it makes your job much easier when you have to build a schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Every time I have to make a new schedule for the semester, I have rotate the weekends manually and this is difficult because the work week begins on Sunday in this app and at most work places, it begins on Monday. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very good product and the help center is always available for you. I once had a problem trying to login into my account and I was able to call and ask for assistance. In little to no time, I was on the line with customer service and they helped me get my problem fixed in the matter of minutes. Setting up new employees is also very easy and stress free. It is a pain doing for my university, but when I have to do it for Humanity, it only takes seconds and all you have to do is enter the new employees email and it will activate their profile in no time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems are usually small and manageable, but just makes things harder on the managers when building a new schedule. The benefits are easily managing a schedule change. I can easily go into Humanity and change personal when they need it to be changed. It is my favorite thing about Humanity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student Events set up staff
What do you like best?

I love the layout and how intuitive the software is. Everything is easy to navigate and I am able to find what I am looking for seconds within opening the software. I love the colors in the app, as little of a deal it is, it seems to make a big difference. The blues are really welcoming and really make it a pleasure when working within the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I have not used this sooner. It really seems to be top of the line in regards to scheduling and workforce management apps. I have worked with When 2 Work and Workforce ready previous to this, and humanity is really a step above anything else I have used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I mentioned before and I will mention it here now. No other workforce management or scheduling app has compared to my experience with humanity. From a user standpoint this really stand out in the crowd. It is super easy to use and easy to navigate while maintaining a vibrant and colorful picture. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problems I had with previous workspace management apps. Humanity is so much more visually pleasing and easy to work with than software I have used in the pass. Everything I could want is easily accessible on the top bar and new messages and other widgets are available to me on the opening home screen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Manager
What do you like best?

Humanity has been a lifesaver in our small business. We currently have 17 staff and I can't imagine organizing our schedule without it. Humanity also allows us to post "all staff" messages so that we can communication with both of our locations and all of staff simultaneously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to know who received what messages and via what means they received the message.

Also, it would be beneficial if we could turn on notifications for initial messages in a thread and not have notifications for every reply. We currently have replies turned off so that staff will not turn off their notifications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All staff communication has benefited greatly from Humanity's messaging app. Also, the ability to communicate schedule changes has improved greatly! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Aquatics Manager in Training
What do you like best?

I love that humanity is easy to use and easy to view on the app. This app is compatible with every smart phone and easy to use for the entire team! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My biggest dislike about humanity is that setting availability can be difficult for team members and it can be difficult for management to view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Works great 10/10 recommend! Be sure to test before using! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest benefit is that humanity send alerts to team members when they have scheduled shifts and allows them to pick up shifts that are open. My staff loves to use this app to view their schedule and the filter app makes it easy to use. You can also tell when a team member has viewed their schedule! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The interface designed is amazing, as it is giving us a clear view of our timetable and it is making our life easier to find the working hours for us as well as for other people working at the other department. As we can change the color for each department, it is more convenient to find the info easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't find any feature or bug when I am using humanity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Other than working nonuser-friendly schedulers, it is best to use user-friendly HUMANITY to make life easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling all the departments, and adding off days, and can specify the information in each slot of the shift and also able to make a split shift when the staff required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

My favorite part of Humanity is the ability to easily see my timesheets with their totals (with and without breaks) to determine my number of hours worked. I also like that I can see what others in my role across our organization are doing (i.e. the hours they are working/ "on"). This helps me to compare and contrast my workflow with theirs as I know when I should and should not be working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you accidentally clock out, there is no way to fix it before pressing submit. I have done this a couple of times when trying to go on my break. I wish there were a way to integrate Humanity into other HR software. For example, my company uses Bamboo as our company-wide HR software, where it shows birthdays, recent hires, etc. On Humanity, I see that there is a spot for birthdays and the "Who's On" feature, but only a few people in my company use Humanity based on whether their role is exempt or not. It would be nice to see information from Bamboo, which everyone in my company uses, integrated into Humanity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am one of the few non-exempt employees, so Humanity is great or me to easily track my time and let my supervisory make comments when necessary. I like the way the timesheets are presented and can be viewed on a weekly or daily basis. This is especially helpful for when I forgot to clock in, it's extremely easy for me to fix my mistake. I like that the times are adjustable too, both for days and specific clock in/out times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Agent
What do you like best?

The easy to use clock in and clock out button Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't an option to be able to easily sign in, like remembering the password Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It nice, use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helping me solve being late as it shows when my next shift is and how many hours to the minute I have until my next shift. I think that this is important, as it due to coronavirus, many people can tend to forgot to clock in as they are at thier house so this is helpful. It helping me solve being late as it shows when my next shift is and how many hours to the minute I have until my next shift. I think that this is important, as it due to coronavirus, many people can tend to forgot to clock in as they are at thier house so this is helpful.It helping me solve being late as it shows when my next shift is and how many hours to the minute I have until my next shift. I think that this is important, as it due to coronavirus, many people can tend to forgot to clock in as they are at thier house so this is helpful.It helping me solve being late as it shows when my next shift is and how many hours to the minute I have until my next shift. I think that this is important, as it due to coronavirus, many people can tend to forgot to clock in as they are at thier house so this is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This Progams great for its simplicity and intuitive interface. I like that is easy to use and has a natural, logical way to find the features you need. Scheduling at its most straight-forward, uncomplicated level. Employees can see co-workers schedule if needed and know when someone is in should there be customer rapport previously built. This increases customer loyalty. I also like the ability to access from any location without the need for a VPN. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile version is not quite the same and takes more effort getting where you want. The interface on the mobile version does not display all of the same content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a simple, straight-forward way to manage scheduling this is the tool. Employees will find the interface easy to navigate and it keeps communication basic and easily accessible. This tool can be accessed and used from anywhere in the world without the need for a VPN. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating an easy way for employees to communicate with management. It allows employees to see future scheduling, therefore simplifies their ability to make plans around their schedules. It is simple and easy to request time off and/or alert management of unexpected absences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Humanity is the best planning app. Easiest to use to make schedules for lots of employees. The best upside of using humanity is the way it connects to work day and each employee schedule syncs automatically Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not sure what beta shift planning does. Laptop version is slightly confusing to use. The laptop version of humanity can be a little bit messy and sometimes it’s hard to schedule a recurring shift for only certain days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If anyone is looking for an app that can help with planning busy schedules that usually have lots of employees look no further. It is very helpful with notifying you of any upcoming shifts and showing you what shifts are coming up for the next months Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Humanity is the best app to plan a schedule especially if you have a lot of people on your team. I love how it’s able to sync with workday on its own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like Humanity's simplicity and it's ease of use. I currently use only a few features and reports but I know that when and if I need more features, they are there for me. I also like that a person from Humanity is ready and waiting to answer any questions that may com up. They have been there for me in the past, they answer promptly and follow up to make sure I didn't have any follow up questions. They are always very polite which I appreciate too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes someone can be clocked in twice for the same time worked so I have to proofread my employee's time clocks to make sure that doesn't happen. And it rarely happens. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love the fact that it is so easy to look up time clock information from an employee who is not employed by us any longer. I can go back years and the info is there.

When I do payroll, I can count on Humanity delivering accurate data for hours to pay to the employees. Humanity is one of the easy steps on my whole payroll process! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CTO
What do you like best?

The shift reminders are the best. Our employees love this feature and also the reminder customizations are great. Clock IN and OUT is really easy to use.

Another feature we user is Training, which helps us with training the new shopper, as we onboard new shoppers every week. We can see their training progress and track if they're having any difficulties with the training material.

What I like most is that the app is easy to use so the new shopper that we hire, it's easy for them to get familiar with the app. I have never heard anyone complaint about not understanding how to use the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For our use case the feature set is just perfect. Though, I would like to have their API platform a bit better.

Some times the app is not stable and keep on crashing. Though this doesn't happen often so, I won't complain a lot about it.

Also there's no way to customize the reminders to make a sound of my choice. I would like it to make a different sound than my usual notification it helps to identify without looking at the mobile phone every time it rings, also when I'm driving. This just makes sense when I'm out for groceries and driving back home when I get the reminder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a software to manage your employees, look no further than Humanity. It's EXACTLY what you need and your employees will love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're using it for scheduling the shopper shifts on our Liquor delivery platform. We also use API's to integrate shifting information with our platform and enforce the shift features in our app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

LASR/Stacks Supervisor
What do you like best?

I really like that I can see exactly when an employee clocks in/out. There is never a discrepancy of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing I have noticed is when an employee requests a shift trade, the system doesn't record the trade after the fact. If I'm off one day and then look to see what an employee did during their shift, the "trade" (and/or "release") symbol will disappear soon after the shift is over. Even if no one else picks up the shift, the trade/release symbol should remain visible so that it's recorded that the trade/release was requested and the employee did NOT show up for their shift. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The emails can be overwhelming at first, but you can tailor them and even shut off email notices all together

When training an employee how to use Humanity/Shift planning, we set up a mock employee so that we can see their (the employees') view of the system. This makes it easier to point out how they can pick up shifts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Humanity program runs well. It doesn't refresh automatically, and is a bit slow at times, but the system will tell you if changes have been made and that you should refresh so that my system is up to date.

Being able to access the mobile app allows me to see who is working in real time in a particular dept. It also shows the names and times for the schedule that you choose. Even if the shift was traded, the system will have the name(s) of whoever is on, and will show if the shift was picked up and by whom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to copy and paste shifts from one month to another. The ability to track the time clocked in on Workday and do a easy schedule review with Humanity to check if shifts clocked in are the same as the shifts uploaded onto Humanity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that there is no option to choose a filter for specific departments, and save those filters. The integration between Workday and Humanity is not very consistent. Many times, after shifts are fixed on Workday, they still come up as errors in the schedule review on workday. The interface is a little bit slow sometimes. When the Humanity website is opened, it takes a very long time for shifts to load. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd recommend it. It really streamlines the entire scheduling for any company, and they are always listening to our feedback and improving their product! I'd consider, however, that it will be better if you have Workday and can integrate the Humanity app with Workday. However, a word of caution, the sync between Workday and Humanity can be a little buggy sometimes, and it sometimes takes a couple days for the changes in Humanity to reflect on Workday. Other than that, I recommended this! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time tracking. Humanity works with Workday to help integrate hours clocked in vs. posted shifts. This allows us to track if extra hours were clocked and saving our company some money in the long run. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I love that theres options to swap shifts with peers or drop shift in an effortless way and shift schedules gets updated immediately to see changes and updates . I’m able to set my unavailability in a very flexible way with user friendly interface. I like that it sends notifications a day and an hour before my shifts starts, constant reminder helped me to be on time for work. As well as an option for dark mode in the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my direct messages sent to my peers got sent twice/duplicated upon submission Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Humanity is the best shift scheduling system in the market at the moment, give them a try! You wont regret it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shift scheduling became more automated and efficient, with absolutely stunning user interface. My sense of assurance increased with detailed information about my work shifts while using the app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Humanity is a great app to use for EVERYTHING! Our company loves it. We have multiple departments in our workplace and they're all able to schedule their employees in their department on their own time; its great! It's simple and easy to use for new employees! The time clock is very straight forward. It's a great software program. None of our employees have ever had a problem using it. Humanity is a great company to be in touch with, they offer a lot of support. I always get emails about them asking what they can do to help or change or fix about their program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I personally don't have a downside of using humanity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We love the training feature! It is so simple to get out CEUs out to our employees! I think they actually complete them quicker because its on our one app for everything! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.