Humanity Reviews & Product Details

Humanity Overview

What is Humanity?

Humanity is the leading cloud-based employee scheduling platform that simplifies day-to-day employee management processes and accelerates employee shift schedule creation by up to 80 percent. Organizations of all sizes receive unprecedented insight into their operations and receive actionable data with which they can optimize staffing based on employee skill set, time-off/leave management, and worker availability. Humanity is offered as SaaS and can be deployed as a stand-alone solution in the cloud, or integrated quickly and easily with today’s leading HCM platforms and payroll solutions.

Humanity Details

Employee Scheduling Software, Time Clocking, HR & Payroll

Humanity is the leading solution for cloud-based employee shift scheduling. We ensure that the right employee is scheduled for the right shift, at the right time. Whether your organization is global or local, Humanity will completely transform the way your business manages shift-based employees. Creating, managing, distributing, and managing schedules is a snap. And managers have up-to-the-minute visibility into overtime, labor cost variance, clock-in/clock-out data, and so much more.

If your organization has made an investment in another provider for Human Capital Management or Payroll, that investment can be leveraged and put to work with Humanity’s market-leading scheduling solution. Humanity is fully integrated into today’s leading HCM platforms and payroll applications, allowing for Enterprise-class scalability previously unavailable with cloud-based scheduling solutions. Open APIs, as well as an integration cloud connector, allows you to connect Humanity with other SaaS or on-premises solutions.

TCP (TimeClock Plus)
1988
Austin, Texas

Humanity Videos

Humanity Screenshots

Humanity Reviews

Showing 510 Humanity reviews
Already have Humanity?
What do you like best?

It doesn't look like your typical gray interface, with bugs all over the place that kicks you out without any reason. This dashboard has QUALITY. Easy, quick, intuitive and very customizable interface. I can manage my time, my vacations, my days off and pretty much just own my time at work without really going through emails and weird steps. It manages my own time at work just PERFECT !!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wanna be honest. The most I try to find negative points within Humanity, the most I like it. Nothing to dislike at all, I haven't got a single bug this whole year I have been working with Porch.com. And I am 100% Humanity will be getting better and better with upcoming updates. Maybe adding some different colors schemes could be fun! A dark version would be really nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just relax. This is a stable and intuitive dashboard. This is all you need in your company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

These are the problems that Humanity solved to me as a employee.

1. Feeling comfortable to manage my own working productivity (working hours, availability, leaves, vacations)

2. No need to go into a further training to learn how to use the system. It only took minutes so I could be able to manage my dashboard.

Other Problems I solved are: Not going over too many steps or people to request my schedule to be changed and/or updated. Everything is real time, including the notifications. The website design is beautiful. This is way ahead than other dashboards I have ever seen in my life, and once again, is customizable! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Humanity is the best planning app. Easiest to use to make schedules for lots of employees. The best upside of using humanity is the way it connects to work day and each employee schedule syncs automatically Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not sure what beta shift planning does. Laptop version is slightly confusing to use. The laptop version of humanity can be a little bit messy and sometimes it’s hard to schedule a recurring shift for only certain days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If anyone is looking for an app that can help with planning busy schedules that usually have lots of employees look no further. It is very helpful with notifying you of any upcoming shifts and showing you what shifts are coming up for the next months Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Humanity is the best app to plan a schedule especially if you have a lot of people on your team. I love how it’s able to sync with workday on its own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like Humanity's simplicity and it's ease of use. I currently use only a few features and reports but I know that when and if I need more features, they are there for me. I also like that a person from Humanity is ready and waiting to answer any questions that may com up. They have been there for me in the past, they answer promptly and follow up to make sure I didn't have any follow up questions. They are always very polite which I appreciate too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes someone can be clocked in twice for the same time worked so I have to proofread my employee's time clocks to make sure that doesn't happen. And it rarely happens. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love the fact that it is so easy to look up time clock information from an employee who is not employed by us any longer. I can go back years and the info is there.

When I do payroll, I can count on Humanity delivering accurate data for hours to pay to the employees. Humanity is one of the easy steps on my whole payroll process! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CTO
What do you like best?

The shift reminders are the best. Our employees love this feature and also the reminder customizations are great. Clock IN and OUT is really easy to use.

Another feature we user is Training, which helps us with training the new shopper, as we onboard new shoppers every week. We can see their training progress and track if they're having any difficulties with the training material.

What I like most is that the app is easy to use so the new shopper that we hire, it's easy for them to get familiar with the app. I have never heard anyone complaint about not understanding how to use the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For our use case the feature set is just perfect. Though, I would like to have their API platform a bit better.

Some times the app is not stable and keep on crashing. Though this doesn't happen often so, I won't complain a lot about it.

Also there's no way to customize the reminders to make a sound of my choice. I would like it to make a different sound than my usual notification it helps to identify without looking at the mobile phone every time it rings, also when I'm driving. This just makes sense when I'm out for groceries and driving back home when I get the reminder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a software to manage your employees, look no further than Humanity. It's EXACTLY what you need and your employees will love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're using it for scheduling the shopper shifts on our Liquor delivery platform. We also use API's to integrate shifting information with our platform and enforce the shift features in our app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

LASR/Stacks Supervisor
What do you like best?

I really like that I can see exactly when an employee clocks in/out. There is never a discrepancy of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing I have noticed is when an employee requests a shift trade, the system doesn't record the trade after the fact. If I'm off one day and then look to see what an employee did during their shift, the "trade" (and/or "release") symbol will disappear soon after the shift is over. Even if no one else picks up the shift, the trade/release symbol should remain visible so that it's recorded that the trade/release was requested and the employee did NOT show up for their shift. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The emails can be overwhelming at first, but you can tailor them and even shut off email notices all together

When training an employee how to use Humanity/Shift planning, we set up a mock employee so that we can see their (the employees') view of the system. This makes it easier to point out how they can pick up shifts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Humanity program runs well. It doesn't refresh automatically, and is a bit slow at times, but the system will tell you if changes have been made and that you should refresh so that my system is up to date.

Being able to access the mobile app allows me to see who is working in real time in a particular dept. It also shows the names and times for the schedule that you choose. Even if the shift was traded, the system will have the name(s) of whoever is on, and will show if the shift was picked up and by whom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to copy and paste shifts from one month to another. The ability to track the time clocked in on Workday and do a easy schedule review with Humanity to check if shifts clocked in are the same as the shifts uploaded onto Humanity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that there is no option to choose a filter for specific departments, and save those filters. The integration between Workday and Humanity is not very consistent. Many times, after shifts are fixed on Workday, they still come up as errors in the schedule review on workday. The interface is a little bit slow sometimes. When the Humanity website is opened, it takes a very long time for shifts to load. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd recommend it. It really streamlines the entire scheduling for any company, and they are always listening to our feedback and improving their product! I'd consider, however, that it will be better if you have Workday and can integrate the Humanity app with Workday. However, a word of caution, the sync between Workday and Humanity can be a little buggy sometimes, and it sometimes takes a couple days for the changes in Humanity to reflect on Workday. Other than that, I recommended this! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time tracking. Humanity works with Workday to help integrate hours clocked in vs. posted shifts. This allows us to track if extra hours were clocked and saving our company some money in the long run. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Humanity is a great app to use for EVERYTHING! Our company loves it. We have multiple departments in our workplace and they're all able to schedule their employees in their department on their own time; its great! It's simple and easy to use for new employees! The time clock is very straight forward. It's a great software program. None of our employees have ever had a problem using it. Humanity is a great company to be in touch with, they offer a lot of support. I always get emails about them asking what they can do to help or change or fix about their program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I personally don't have a downside of using humanity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We love the training feature! It is so simple to get out CEUs out to our employees! I think they actually complete them quicker because its on our one app for everything! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The most helpful aspect of the Humanity app is how easy it is to input schedules and notify the employees. Notifying and doing schedules can be time consuming. However, with the help of Humanity it makes it so easy to do both! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downside of humanity is the trouble in switching shifts last minute. Illnesses often occur without notices and with the switching shifts through humanity it is hard to track when one needs to be approved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download the app and practice using prior to uploading a schedule for the first time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Humanity allows me to see who is supposed to be on shift by just checking the app on my phone. This benefits me when finding out who is supposed to be on shift incase there is a no show. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the ease in being able to correct Team Members time as well as being able to note where they clock in and clock out at. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently I do not have any downsides to using Humanity. Compared to other Time Keeping systems that I have used it is the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Humanity when compared to other Scheduling Systems is very easy to use and the support team is always proactive in providing assistance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems that I am being able to solve with Humanity is that I am able to keep track of Team Members who are going into overtime with the notifications that I receive. The benefits that I have realized is that Humanity makes it easy to you see reports based on criteria such as time worked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Product Support Specialist
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to schedule my shifts and view other employees calendars. I constantly need to keep up with where all of our employees are located around the country and I can find all of that information in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have found that the Humanity App is not as easy to navigate as the website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Humanity is the most convenient scheduling platform I have used throughout my career. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving any miscommunication to others about what is on my schedule and where I am expected to be. The benefit I have realized is being able to find any employee when I need them and I can also find all the information about the customer they are visiting without bothering anyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of OCB IT India - Software Development & DevOps
What do you like best?

My favourite aspect of Humanity is the fact that shifts can be seen as well as handled very easily without truly speaking to a boss. This simplifies the procedure and saves supervisors and staff members time. In addition, it has an intuitive and simple user interface also I've been in a position to obtain the majority of the features in a few weeks without any in depth training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Trading changes are hard and hard over the mobile app in certain. Additionally, it requires a very long time to configure entry time, but only one time, unless you will find regular changes to availability. The smartphone app is difficult to navigate, because several of the icons might become mixed up, however, you won't have to go a lot further compared to clock in and out through the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Verify after the wizard preparation. It does not work. There are lots of error and anomalies points you have to keep abreast of. We are going to do each ShiftPlanning as well as our Excel sheet individually ahead. This enables us to manage our pupil schedules at the same time as making them as adaptable as they can. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Humanity is an excellent method of organising employee preparation in general. Implementation and use are incredibly simple, making it possible for workers to have greater independence through their shift trade skill. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The user interface of Humanity is so easy to use right from the start. The tools provided make my job significantly easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could tailor it more toward my specific industry (parks and recreation). For example, I want to schedule equipment and trailers separate from employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Humanity takes so much difficulty out of scheduling. Give it a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I create a complicated schedule in which employees work multiple shifts at different locations in one day and have the potential of overlapping but Humanity warns me if I have double booked someone. Humanity also makes it easy for me to tell if someone is close to going over 40 hours in a week that I have scheduled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I love the calendar section for scheduling employees, I also love the timeclock feature for tracking my hours and those of my staff. It's also very easy to modify and print timecards, see who's logged in, and schedule people in the calendar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish it could be integrated with our company database, or that you guys worked with Salesforce. I also dislike the mapping feature in Humanity, it was insanely slow and would take 10-15 minutes to load each time you tried to enter an address. We have crews that work remotely and it was way too cumbersome and slow to use. We'd try to clean up the older addresses in hopes that would speed it up, but even doing that took forever. You couldn't delete the addresses in masse, you had to go one by one and it took FOREVER Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes it easy for our employees to clock in and out and keep track of their time. The benefits would be the ease to make changes and keep track of everybody. The personal features are nice too- being able to personalize your profile and see when it's a co-worker's birthday or work anniversary are nice features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Veterinary Customer Service Representative and Computer Specialist
What do you like best?

Calendar sync. When we first started using Humanity several years ago, I set up the calendar sync and it's worked ever since. Makes it easy to keep up with my schedule on my smart phone. Now that I am using it to create schedules, I like that I can filter employees down to just the ones I need to see. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Little less intuitive than some programs I've used. But once you get used to where everything is, it's fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Works well for creating schedules. We no longer use it for time tracking, but when we did, it worked well for that, also. It's nice to be able to enable other employees to work on the schedule as needed, or hide employees that are seasonal (without deleting them.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it to schedule staff for our busy vet clinic. We print out the tech schedule for the week and then make daily clinic assignments based on that. It's easy to shift people around as needed (this week I added a tech to the CSR schedule for the holidays.) The fact that it syncs to calendars gives no one excuses for not knowing they are scheduled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Shift planning , shift acknowledgement , time clock , wishing some one on their anniversary and birthdays and much more. All is perfect. We have no issues in getting the shifts chosen and acknowledge the shifts as and when required. You are doing a wonderful job and I wish you loads of success. The upsides of humanity is that we never feel like there is not any manager to help us to put all the things in place as everything so managed and smooth Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of now. If there is anything I will raise an alarm. It needs improvement in the area of opening quickly even on slow networks. I am not able to open the application on mobile network sometimes. Since I am sometimes moving to remote areas I have lot of issues connecting to the applications since I am not connected to high speed wifi network. I hope this can be checked as I am sure many other people will be facing this issue . So far I have never faced any other issue apart from this . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that you add many more feature like some tips in the humanity about how to use certain features since many users wont be knowing much at start. Also its highly recommended that the application be robust so that it opens quickly on slower networks. This is all I had to say Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to solve almost all the issues be it picking up shifts , applying leaves , wishing people on their birthdays and much more.I would recommend that you make the application more robust so that it opens more quickly on mobile networks as well.Keep up the good work you do and best of luck for your future endeavors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The layout. I like that you can see the provider, scribe, and location all at once. I think the auto-schedule is really cool. I like how user-friendly everything is. Compared to our last scheduling platform it's better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that you can't copy and past shifts with all the tags and everything. I know you can repeat them, but the repeats can't be edited after published and if you have a shift that repeats multiple days of the week and weeks of the year, then when you make a change it changes all of them. So the constant re-making of new shifts basically is really frustrating. Also text is too zoomed in. I wish the buttons got smaller when you clicked the 2 or 4 week view. you can only look at one week at a time so that is a little weird. Like it would be cool to see one employee at a time for the month for example with the second week under the first etc. Then at a glance, I could make sure the employee is not scheduled for anything they can't work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think for the company it helps solve the issue of people clocking in for no reason or tracking open shifts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Notifications on Shift Change/Upcoming Shifts.

App support for both Android/iOS makes it easy to check/manage schedules on the go.

Ability to filter out shifts based on teams & ability to check schedule based on teams too.

Easy to copy-paste schedule.

Ability to apply for Vacation/Leave through portal.

One click Reports to see summary of schedule, hours worked, attendance, leave, vacation & many more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing to dislike.

Everything works as expected.

No bugs or issues observed.

No additional functionality requirement as of now.

Necessity of Dark Mode in Web Browser. Apps do have Dark Mode support but it would be great to have it in Browser too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I recommend Humanity to all organizations considering to buy/procure Scheduling tool.

Humanity is full of features & there are tons of integrations available to support most organization needs.

Provides better mobility - easily accessible on the go from Android/iOS App or simply using your browser.

Seamless & User friendly user interface makes it easy to use for any Employee with any level of computer expertise.

Provides easy solutions to manage Payrolls, Time tracking, Vacation planning, Leave requests.

Better Reporting functionality - allows you to get number of reports with one click.

Support team is always helpful & supportive whenever we have any feedback or issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling,

Time-tracking,

Resource Management,

Leave/Vacation Management,

Schedule notification across all members.

Report Management.

Quick notification to all members via Message Wall Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Manager
What do you like best?

Humanity's Scheduling Functions are amazing. I also think they have good tech support/customer service that responds quickly. I don't know if their team is small or it just feels that way because of the personalized service. I have recommended Humanity to many business associates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They could do more with Benefit integration and Payroll. We don't currently utilize much of the payroll information besides just the general reports. I also think they need more versions of manager/admin access instead of a one size fits all manager access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Humanity has a reasonably good app that works well for employee scheduling and shift pick up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the ease and convenience of the app! I also like that I can trade shifts and see when someone posts an available shift. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike! I literally have nothing to complain about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! It it so easy to pick up shifts and create your own schedule using Humanity! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to drop shifts if something comes up and I am not able to work. The ability to create my own schedule from the convenience of my phone, whenever I want to is wonderful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Its great for scheduling tool especially if people are working in different time zones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Following are some of dislikes:-

schedule can be viewed only up to 4 weeks at a time.

lacks comparison feature Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

working in shift work it really resolve the issue with shift overlap and gaps, and provide better work and time management. Following are some benefits:-

good for different time zones

identifies work hours for each employee

can be access on mobile as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I love having the Humanity app and always having my schedule available. When I hear about something I need to get time off for, I love the ease of being able to request the time off right then and there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I pull up the schedule on a computer, it has my hours and earnings for that week under my name. That’s fine when I’m alone, but sometimes I’m with other coworkers at work and we pull up the schedule to look at something together. I don’t want that info showing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool for helping employees and employers for scheduling. Easy to read and understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Always knowing when I have to work makes scheduling things in my personal life much easier. I can ask for time off as soon as I realize I need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Humanity is designed really well and very intuitive for both employees and managers. There are very thorough tutorials to learn all of the functions, but honestly if you have ever used any sort of scheduling software it is very easy to learn how to utilize Humanity.

The interface and design are also superior to any other scheduling software we have used. The mobile app is also very user friendly and convenient for our students to check their schedules and request trades if they are not near a computer.

Also, the team at Humanity is very responsive to any questions or help you may need. There is a live chat feature and the representative do a great job checking in with you via email and phone calls to show you new features and walk you through any of the functions that you might need help with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only feature that Humanity does not have yet that we would like to see is the ability for our employees to split their own shifts and trade those partial shifts. I'm not sure if any other scheduling software has this capability but if that could be added to Humanity that would be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our department employs over 350 students in upwards of 15 different positions. A large number of those employees work in multiple areas and report to different supervisors. Humanity has allowed us to use one central location to receive their availability and generate schedules so that they are not double booked nor assigned shifts that would exceed their maximum allotment.

This software has saved us so much time and energy as well as given all of our student employees one place to submit availability, check their schedules, and trade shifts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.