Tallie by Emburse Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

The ease of transferring expenses to bill.com. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit complicated to get everything mapped, but once you do it works quite well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once set up, it has been a world of help! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Makes tracking and paying employee out of pocket expenses very easy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tallie by Emburse Overview

What is Tallie by Emburse?

Tallie is a mobile and online expense management tool built with smaller businesses in mind. The people at Tallie believe small businesses deserve expense software that is ridiculously easy to use, takes limited time out of the workday to manage, eliminates accounting mistakes and can be implemented rapidly. Tallie is part of Emburse, a global leader in expense management and AP automation solutions, which is trusted by more than 4.5 million users in more than 120 countries.

Tallie by Emburse Details

Save time and accelerate your expense report process with Tallie -- the complete automated accounting solution for expense reports.

Emburse
2020
Los Angeles, CA
@emburse

Tallie by Emburse Videos

Tallie by Emburse Screenshots

Tallie by Emburse Reviews

Showing 88 Tallie by Emburse reviews
Already have Tallie by Emburse?
Marketing & Technology Program Manager
Senior Account Director
What do you like best?

Very easy to create and submit expenses + final expenses reports with workflow tracking. Integrates nicely with an app on the phone for taking pictures of receipts. Good export functionality of reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike specifically. Sometimes the buttons to go back and look at history are not as intuitive as I believe they can be, but clicking around I usually find what I need relatively quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend. Easier to use than Concur Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A mechanism for our company to track, monitor and approve expenses. Overall cost + spending management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Founder
What do you like best?

What I like best about Tallie is the the pre-populated "Project" section of an expense. Most expensive softwares I've used in the past do not support this level of specificity, but it makes it really easy to organize my expenses and see which projects have cost us the most money, versus the revenue we received for said project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile application still has a lot of kinks to work through in my opinion. I find myself waiting for a really long time when trying to scan a receipt and have it auto-generate into the app. Also, once it finally is auto generated, I still have to manually select how to file the expense (i.e - category, project, etc). It really doesn't save me much time when I'm on-the-go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of keeping expense reports accurate and up-to-date. A problem we have been solving that we didn't know before hand was being able to calculate how much extraneous expenses each project submission was costing us, pitted against the revenue generated. We can then take these expenses and remove them from the total company return on investment for a particular deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Our company enjoys how easy Tallie is to use, set up, and train new employees on. We also like how if we have any issues there are multiple ways to help get answers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While their customer support is great we would prefer to have a dedicated rep to handle any issues we may run into. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of employees not wanting to do their expense reports in a timely manor. Before we implemented Tallie is wasn't uncommon for most people to be one to three months behind on their expense reports. Now that we have Tallie our employees have their reports submitted in a very timely manor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I like that you can link your cards to the app. You can place the receipts in with the expenses, and can see when the expense is approved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there could be a place on one report to break it down by credit card instead of different reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can keep up with expenses from personal and company credit card. It allows me to place reasons and copies of the receipt. If it is on a personal card I can get the money reimbursed in a timely fashion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the site and app are very user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have an issue with the Tallie platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that other Tallie users explore the site before first use. Once you are more familiarized with the site, the steps to reporting expenses are very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PCH is ensuring that all expenses are reported accordingly using the Tallie software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Ease of use, all around, whether as a user, reviewer, or processing our own expenses. It is CLEARLY the easiest package I've ever used, and can most recently benchmark against Concur, or Expensify. There is no comparison! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very little, to nothing really! The only thing might be cost, though generally it is very affordable, and very first in class vs. other options! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tallie helps to provide better expense tracking and mgmt, and makes it easier for our sales team to input timely expenses, and focusing on other things like growing the business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

Reliable integration with QBO. The support pages end-users are clear and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see option for person who exports reports to QB to be automatically notified when reports are available for export Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s like having an assistant without the additional costs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Speeding the reimbursement timeline, increasing reliability, reducing paper files Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use and not having to carry receipts around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I've screen shot a receipt but later it's not there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Speed of completing expense reports and speed of turnaround on any reimbursements Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

It is convenient to have all the charges and receipts in one place. We are able to easily check and approve any charges and if there is an expense that falls out of our policy, we are able to set up notification to inform the employee before they submit. We also are able to use it for our corporate credit cards. It syncs to our account and automatically pulls over the charges. It makes coding expenses easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have issues with the connectivity between Tallie and the bank that issued our credit cards. When this happens, sometimes double charges are created on our account. We have to reach out to support for them to enable us to delete the duplicate charges, but I believe that is a setting we set up in implementation to prevent other users from deleting charges on their corporate card. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can create groups within Tallie if you want certain users to only see certain GL accounts. There's also a place to set up company policies and Tallie will flag any expenses that fall outside of those policies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to streamline the approval process by setting up managers and having a flow of approval for each employee that submits charges. We are better able to see where we are spending the most money. It is also great for receipt tracking. It pushes the responsibility to the employee making the charges (but it is also much easier than submitting hard copies because of the app). We are able to save time because we are having to track down receipts for every expense. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's really simple to use. I like that there is a mobile app that enables you to submit expenses on the go. In addition, there is also a really easy way to forward email receipts! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The auto fill functionality for receipts is sometimes inaccurate. Because of that, you have to check the amount indicated before submitting your expense Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Make the expense process simple for employees so that we can get more on time submissions! Also, happier employees Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can do my expenses from my phone - no need to be in front of a laptop or PC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do wish I could do more bulk editing from the mobile UI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product for the typical SMB needing expense management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy ability to process monthly expenses from mobile device anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

User friendly, for on the go to track purchases Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not everyone is using it at my place of employment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping better track of individuals spending and reconciling with bank account Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Field Hardware Quality Operations Lead
What do you like best?

I love the fact that the second step after initiating a new report is to take a photo of the receipt (or add a file from phone storage, if PDF). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am unable to find a way to view historical reports submissions via the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fantastic application for Android/iOS users. Keep in mind that users will not be able to quickly review submitted expense reports via the app--they can only submit new expenses/reports with multiple expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've benefitted from the app by quickly and easily accounting for my expenses. Tallie's app has prevents issues with recollection of old expenses, lost receipts, and need to manually input all transaction information (the app reviews the submitted file for important details like the amount, vendor, date, etc.). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

When receiving a receipt/invoice via email, you can forward it to your tallie account for automatic upload. Their smart receipt reader plugs in the high level info so creating expense reports is quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system often pulls the wrong cost value, so you need to be careful to double check the correct amount is being expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s a simple, straightforward platform that’s easy to learn how to use, even for those who are not tech savvy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saving time with expense reports, making it easy to submit receipts and invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

my company uses tallie to expense costs whenever we use our own cc for business reasons and tallie is super easy to use and adopt.

no training required, you can pretty much explore the interface and learn by using Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

you cannot see historical data, that is frustrating as sometimes i forget whether an expense has been entered

there is no reminder email if an expense is NOT seen by the spprover Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

wouldd recommend- we use it alongside bill.com and super easy to have both as part of the accounting process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

business expensing when using a personal cc

benefits include quick turnaround time, easy to use, inputting data is relatively painless Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ceo
What do you like best?

I had serious problems every month end the reconciliations of the cards were my worst nightmare and I had to resort to professional accountants not only for my personal expenses but also for some work trips that I had to do, in more than one opportunity I lost important invoices I kept in my wallet even before adding it to the reimbursement expenses and it was a headache to include these to the list, start tallie and it's a blessing, I really like the facility to include and take the invoices and to be very well synchronized With many important pages I can make refunds quickly, the program extracts each transaction separately for example by integrating very well with quickbooks that facilitates most of the transactions and decreases the work and makes it one of the best programs I currently use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although each month the program improves, the OCRs continue to be an important detail that must always be borne in mind when using it, I think it is very close to 83 percent in its accuracy when the receipts were bought with transactions that were downloaded, but they are details that improve over time and with each new update Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

a very important point if you are going to use tallie, always take into account the accuracy and the margin of the program, and every month make cleanings so as not to accumulate the duplicates and keep up to date all the transactions, seeing it well the program has very good value and without doubts is excellent to have it in the work and in the personal life to facilitate many managements and to have a good handling of the accounts and the accounting in general Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tallie has many advantages for each user, but the biggest one is the great facility it offers to take and include invoices, it is fast and it has good precision, besides the cost is very good compared to other programs and I like its integration with platforms and programs that are used in my company that for example make reimbursements simple every month Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

officer
What do you like best?

Before using tallie I had my wallet full of bills and papers and it was stressful having to see and organize it, more than once I got lost and I had to make a refund of my own money, I used tallie not only to the company also for my personal use, in my area of ​​work I have to travel frequently to different cities and even to other countries and the program is often a blessing to quickly and correctly take the accounting and order of each invoice without the need to resort to an expert, with this software I have a very precise monitoring that focuses on the expenses and future invoices and outstanding payments of the company and personal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

starting the program on my android I realized that the systems of invoice scanning are slow, and I had to try again and again to make it effective, I do not know if it is due to the phone or the program, but I would like you to make a tool more modern that streamlines the process and allow quick management, is a simple detail that I consider very important to save working time with the software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To properly carry out personal and company accounting are decisive factors that can be improved significantly with a program such as tallie and from my point of view with my months of experience using it I give you my recommendations to start its use and execute the excellent service it offers the provider Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No longer having to order hundreds of papers in the wallet and being able to have an accurate accounting myself without the need of an expert using the program are benefits that few programs have and its interface is very easy to handle what makes the ideal program for all types of people and are the things that made me use it and still keep enjoying its great services Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Field Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I have used a few other big name expense management trackers and I really enjoy Tallie for the ease of use that it provides. I also have my marketing card linked here and it’s really easy to get those expenses in too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike. I have been using it for 4-5 months now and it’s so easy to get my expenses in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving tracking my expenses in an easier way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Developer program manager
Maritime
What do you like best?

With this product it is now easier to scan the invoices and load them into the system, It is easy to use and its service has a very good price that makes it have an excellent value, now we can use everything on the web and say goodbye to the paperwork in the wallet Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You have to be constant keeping the folders clean so that so many do not accumulate documents that are unnecessary, in addition the application freezes a lot when you use the mobile Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The main problem solved is that now with Tallie I can present the administration and the handling expenses without any inconvenience and everything from the same place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tallie is a good product that simplifies the entire expense reporting process. He does it much easier to electronically track everything to be ready and available in any moment. I highly recommend it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quality Improvement Specialist
What do you like best?

The App is easy to navigate and upload receipts from your phone. The category is easy to filter through and it can take less than 10 mins to fill out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I have really enjoyed using this to track expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to track expenses and getting paid for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

The good thing about Tallie is that it is easy to select from a drop down list of fields and codes to select expenses. Also, if you download the mobile app and take pictures of your receipts, it automatically pre-fills your expense report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some expense codes that aren't uploaded and requested have to be manually entered/imported by an admin. That issue can lag the the expense approval process. Maybe there can be a way to manually enter codes that aren't showing that can be expensed later once uploaded? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving our expense reporting problems since everyone does not have a company credit card. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President, Information Technology
What do you like best?

I love the mobile app. Makes it easy to travel and collect the required data for submitting the Reimbursement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am disappointed that their mobile app does not support SSO SAML. I wish I could batch Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Set up the Mobile app to use the same Authentication as the website ... Allow SSO on the mobile! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time to get reimbursement is significantly reduced for the travelers. Accounting really likes it because the data is more accurate and allows for in tool mgmt approval and sync to QuickBooks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like the simplicity of Tallie. Easy to quickly snap pictures of receipts from business trips. Able to see a list view of all expenses that are Unsumbmitted, Submitted, Approved & Exported. Also, there is a 'reminder' feature which is great if your manager forgets to approve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to complain about. I have been using it for about 2 years and have not had any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ensuring reimbursement happens in a timely manor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

Tallie is easy to use. You simply snap a picture of an expense receipt and it scans for info. Mileage can also be tracked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish Tallie would keep track of places and contacts. You have to input same info from week to week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tallie is very effective. It is an easy way to keep track of expenses and mileage. It has saved my organization a lot of working hours by not having to complete a manual report and scanning and uploading receipts into server folders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Tallie by Emburse?