Switchfast Technologies Reviews & Product Details

Co-Founder
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We use SwitchFast as out IT support. They manage helpdesk, telecommuting, license management etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that they are very professional and super responsive. Once they receive a ticket, they auto-respond immediately. Once they are ready to schedule, there is another email to select a time that works best for you. Once you schedule, they are super timely with calling. You have complete visibility into the status of you ticket at all times. Once they complete the task, there is another communication for the ticket to be closed as well as a survey. I love the concept - it works really well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far - I have none. They are very reliable and have 24 hour support. They are able to send messages directly to your PC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you are looking for an IT solution, but do not have room in the budget for a new FTE, I highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving login issues, password resets, license assignment, issues with SharePoint. I realized that so far, none of my requests have been dropped. Every single ticket is being addressed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tim Schmitt of Switchfast Technologies

We think you're pretty awesome too! Thanks for the detailed and kind review. We appreciate your business.

Switchfast Technologies Overview

What is Switchfast Technologies?

Switchfast Technologies is a leading IT Managed Services Provider (MSP) serving America’s successful SMBs. Switchfast’s clients understand that a true IT partner goes beyond the break/fix model and provides long-term solutions to business challenges and goals. Switchfast ensures investment in information technology provides the maximum ROI to its stakeholders through IT roadmapping, planning and strategy. With one of the highest client satisfaction rates in the industry and the data, referrals and accolades to prove it, Switchfast Technologies builds lasting and trusted relationships.

Switchfast Technologies Details

Chicago, IL
@switchfast

Switchfast Technologies Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Switchfast Technologies community
Have you used Switchfast Technologies before?

Switchfast Technologies Reviews

Showing 124 Switchfast Technologies reviews
Location
Already have Switchfast Technologies?
IT Support
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We needed to integrate an email and split it among the support team including myself to improve our customer service, it really worked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how IT support is handled because it is easy and simple to answer, I was surprised by this tool in its first use because everything was very easy, this tool is very safe and fast anywhere you can safely expect a response by mail electronic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At first everything was fine, however I had some delays on some particular emails, but then everything was resolved automatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I appreciate this type of software that fulfills its functions, we have solved many problems, making it easier to do the work efficiently and respond quickly to any problem immediately, when we made the decision to opt for Switchfast we had similar ones in mind, and we tested several , but everything was better with this one, so this was the best option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accounting
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

My office email was spammed while our server was on transitioning mode and this email spammed problem (due to my opening a fake client's email) had affected 90% of our clients whom I have email contact with and Switchfast did what they needed to do get my email cleaned. They had suggested what I needed to reply to our clients and suggested what they needed do avoid the problem I had encountered. Since then any email I get that I am not sure they are there to check on it and let me know and get the problem solved.

VPN for our home computers to get connected to office computer - they had gone beyond as they worked on my time frame after work hours rather than constrict me to office hours. Happily working from home when need to be.

Upgrades from window 7 to windows 10 - before covid time- they had someone in our office working on each computer to get upgraded correctly and quickly.

Timely manner with our semi annual password changes that we need. We get a reminder, confirmation and check up to make sure everyone is updated.

Everyday small problems or questions are answered and resolved in short period of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Help with my VPN connection and they try to answer any computer I may have that would help me in getting better connection from home to work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We did have one person who was not the right tech person that should be helping people. My desktop was picked up from my office on teh last day of my vacation. So wehn I got back Monday I had no computer when I gave Switchfast ample time since I was out for a week. Then he came to our office with my desktop and spent the whole day restoring items that was on my computer - things that should have been done while they had my desktop at thier location.

That person had left the Switchfast company which was a relief as I had mentioned that we dont ever want that person giving us support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

you will get a set of tech personnel that you will be working with all the time. Which works best as they get to know you and your computer needs and any problems that would like to pop up once a month would be taken care of right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At this point we have no problems that we are solving with Switchfast. It could be because any problems with had encountered at that moment are getting solved as soon it can be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Switchfast has been our IT support partner since 2012. They provide proactive remote monitoring, spam protection, backups, and anything else that falls under the IT umbrella. They've helped us with an office move experiencing no downtime, and provide budgeting and planning assistance as we grow. They have also assisted with cybersecurity questions when we've had them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ability to schedule when a technician calls you to resolve issues, and prompt responses from their team. They set the right expectations. Predictable, honest. Always solving for the customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pricing may be more, but overall competitive with the market. The pricing given upfront is usually best and final, but that usually avoids any surprises or bait and switch increases later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you've never used a managed service provider before for IT, consider Switchfast. If you are considering switching providers because your current vendor calls to solve a problem while you're in the middle of something with no regard to whether it's a good time, consider Switchfast. If you want to work with someone who's not going to bait and switch pricing, consider Switchfast. If you want a thorough onboarding process to avoid "gotchas" later, consider Switchfast. And if you want a capable partner to handle all your cybersecurity needs, consider Switchfast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Go to partner for IT related issues for me and my team so I'm not spending time playing IT guy. Peace of mind knowing IT related issues are being monitored and potential problems are known ahead of time versus surprises. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Every time I run into an IT issue, I can count on Switchfast to help me resolve the problem. They make it easy to contact them, are very responsive and good at keeping you in the loop, and they follow up after they provide a solution to make sure you're back on track. They are easy to work with and friendly while remaining professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing about Switchfast is the ease of submitting a ticket. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are no estimated hours for a task. The package our company uses has a set number of hours for the month/year and it would be helpful to have an understanding ahead of time whether the tasks will take one hour or five. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Slow speeds of computer, password not working Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

My recent experience was for overall computer lag. Checked all components and updated all programs. Was able to determine and recommend that I be ordered a new machine. Very happy with how quickly it took to diagnose. Prior to this there were several other tickets we had worked through; program installations, issues with Outlook, issues with Adobe, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That I was able to pick a time slot for them to reach out to me. Not only this but if I am on a call with a client when they reach out, I don't miss my slot - I can call them back when it's convenient. And they remote right in and take care of it; super easy, quick, and efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No downsides in my experience. I would highly recommend Switchfast Technologies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Great partnership. Easy to work with, techs are extremely knowledgeable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to any company of any size. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Switchfast was able to identify that I needed a new machine and was able to work with my company to provide that recommendation. I also love that my computer is going to show up out of the box already ready to go - again, super easy and efficient!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tim Schmitt of Switchfast Technologies

Thank you for your review and your business. Very detailed and thoughtful. We really appreciate it.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Switchfast manages our IT needs -- from security and remote support to hardware and more. Whenever we need help, they're always quick and responsive, which helps us avoid downtime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Everyone on the Switchfast team is helpful and knowledgeable. You always know you're working with someone who not only knows what they're doing but genuinely cares about helping you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are no complaints that come to mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a lean team, it's very important to be able to focus on our core business and know that if we need help with productivity, security or other IT issues we have a capable team ready to support us. That gives us a lot of peace of mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GE
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I had unknowingly switched the preferences on my computer for Adobe X, I called Switchfast and told them I had no idea what exactly I had done, but explained that I was having problems saving and sending documents. (That can be tricky when you are a bookkeeper at a business who sends all kinds of documents with changeable versions) It took Switchfast less than a minute to fix the issue. I love that he also told me what he did and showed me how to fix it again if need be. He took the time to explain the difference with the settings and what they would mean to me. I really feel like I learned something. He was very patient with me too. Thank you Switchfast! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The time he took with me to not only fix my problem, but to explain to me why it should be a certain way for my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I can't have him in my office everyday. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They actually teach you the what, why and where of a situation and you come away confident that you won't do it again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have had a few Microsoft Outlook issues, where I would get send/received errors. As soon as i call them they are able to connect with a technician. The conversation starts out with what are the issues I am having and how it affects my workload. Afterwards the technician will take control of my laptop to investigate the issues. Sometimes it gets resolved right away, otherwise they escalte to higher department and provide an update on a daly basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That the team is easily accessible with just a phone call and worked diligently to resolve my issues. They also do a very good job with following up consistently to make sure the issue has been resolved typically until a week later. If there ever is not a technician available you can leave a voice mail and they well get back to you pretty quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes issues need to get escalated higher up or to a department and takes up to 24hrs to resolve. One time i had an issue that took about a week to resolve and it reoccurred again a few weeks later. It was not properly fixed the first time around and prevented me from completing my work. Some technician have more experience and are able to fix the issue completely and some seem like do not know what they are doing. Now with co-vid they used to be able to help in person when they were in the office which can be a little bit more difficult now working from home Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I highly recommend anyone working with Switchfast Technologies because they are reliable and easily accessible to work remote with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Typically they are Microsoft outlook issues with the email server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PF
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Switchfast is the third party tech provider that our company works with. They resolve all sorts of tech and computer issues that we face on a daily basis and are available via phone, email and in-person on certain days of the week. They assist on ensuring that security measures are put in place per our company policies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their response time on tasks is very good. They also follow up by phone which is great especially for urgent issues. They also assist on computer / monitor set up, which is helpful for a someone not very good at it. Also, they have a good team of experts who know their stuff and are able to try different workarounds to resolving issues. They will also not hesitate to escalate issues to more experienced technicians, which I appreciate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that replies on a thread always generates new emails, and does not group together in an email conversation. It is difficult to sometimes keep up on a long chain with missing attachments etc. It is also difficult to get hold of someone beyond the usual office hours and that can be a little hard when there is an urgent issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I definitely recommend them as they provide peace of mind that they are experts to quickly resolve tech related issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tech issues, general computer issues like slow performance etc. They also work on setting up new mailboxes which is essential to our day to day client management. With tech issues being resolved so quickly, we are able to focus solely on managing our client relationships and that is a big plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

This time, they helped me with a simple distribution list update. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The personalities on their team. They can be funny and good-humored as they help. I've rarely had anyone interact in a rude manner with me even when I have called quite frustrated---broken wires in my hand and a team on 7 upset bankers staring at me and expecting me to do something about the problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular, but I will say that we are located in New York City, but headquartered in Chicago. It would be nice to have someone on the ground here in Manhattan. Sometimes we have difficulties getting support only remotely when there are no physical resources here in New York. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I think that Switchfast is a great company and I hope that it continues to grow outside of Chicago. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're slowly transitioning away from our old IT setup and they are helping us reconfigure our setup in both Chicago and New York, specifically our firewall. It is a pretty complicated project, but I hope to see that completed this year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tim Schmitt of Switchfast Technologies

Thank you for your review and your business.

GC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Swithfast is our everyday IT company that runs absolutely everything having to do with our network and PC's. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that Swithfast can control our PC's remotely to take care of any issues that we are having. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I guess in some cases it might take a little longer than we would like to take care of some of the issues when we present a ticket. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Give them a shot, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Swithfast always comes up with a solution to whatever problems arise. If it has to do with hardware or software issues. They are very thorough. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Day to day IT issues: network issues, MS Office issues, equipment set up, VPN set up, permissions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

SwitchFast is very efficient. If it takes more then a few minutes to figure out the problem, they will not make you stay on the line for an hour - they will let you go and get back to you as soon as they have a solution. Also, they are great at communicating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can take a few min to get through, but they always make sure to call back Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Day to day IT support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GF
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have recently joined my company and onboarding was all done smoothly and efficiently remotely. The engineers were knowledgeable and prompt in responding to request and getting the matter resolved. I had no issues with them at all. Recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The even followed up with phone call to ensure the matter was resolved. Till I felt comfortable they stayed on the phone and helped out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the tickets raised were too fast to be closed without me checking if the matter was resolved. But not really an issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Logging in to the system, softphone access, access to shared drives.

Now that I am set up I am able to access the systems without any issues enabling me to be efficient in completing my role. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have gained more responsibilities at work and therefore was required to get a new machine. SF received the machine first and did most of the set up before it even got to me. This most recent ticket I needed taken care of was setting up 'Box Drive' for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Every technician that has helped me has been so nice and knowledgeable, I like that they seem to not mind my layman's various computer and technology questions, haha. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes with the SF services. Again they are always so nice and helpful, I genuinely appreciate the time and effort they put into helping our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They have allowed me to do my own work faster which benefits my company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

As a small business, we do not have internal capacity to manage our own IT. Switchfast oversees and maintains our network as well as all of our user devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They appreciate that we are not IT experts, and (for the most part) translate IT issues into language we understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much. A couple instances of thinking an issue was fixed prematurely when it was not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Be very specific with your needs. Ask questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintain and servicing our IT needs through a 3rd party solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Switchfast provides us computer and network support, as well as help desk services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The staff is friendly and responsive to our staff's needs. They have been flexible with our ever changing needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything I dislike because they have been responsive to any challenges we ran into. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Regular meetings with our account manager allow us to quick adjust to problems that arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They provide us a breadth of technical resources as a reasonable cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Portfolio Analyst
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Anything from setting up multiple monitors through my docking station to issues with logging into the VPN to issues logging into my computer, Switchfast can do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy how friendly they are as well as how effective they are. There has never been a time where they couldn't fix the problem at hand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. Switchfast is always helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Any problem that hinders my work productivity they can fix without a doubt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GP
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Switchfast usually helps me with computer problems, such as needing to update my programs, helping me access various drives that my company uses, and also resetting my account/password when I got a virus once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I never have to wait to talk to someone from Switchfast and tell them the problem I'm experiencing. Also, they're very good at keeping my updated on a resolution to the problem I'm having. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, certain staff are less knowledgeable than others, so it just takes a little bit longer for a problem to be fixed while they figure out what is wrong Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently, I am not working with Switchfast on any problems that I am experiencing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have had a few issues with my email lately and Switchfast was quick to hop on a call with me to fix the issues. They were quick and fixed everything within minuets and explained the issue so I could handle it myself if it ever were to come up again! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That they are able to remote into my computer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Creating a ticket and waiting for help if the problem is really effecting my work performance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

They were really helpful and i enjoyed working with them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have had issues with my email. The benefits have been that i get my work done quicker and that everything is solved and fixed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

In this case I was having a hard time installing an "add-in" for Marketo into outlook. I had tried the install myself several times and it never worked. Aaron (i believe), was quick to call me after I submitted my email request. He was courteous and professional on the phone. He tried to help with the conventional approach but things weren't working. he did further research and was able to ultimately get me a solution. It took only a few minutes and we were able to get it installed. Very helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The speed of response and the helpfulness.They always reply to me as quickly as possible. With technology even a few minutes feels like forever so its nice that they have a sense of urgency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular is a dislike. maybe more days on site? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I would only say that it may be helpful to have them on-site on more days, but I get that it helps keep cost down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's nice that even when they are not on-site they are so quick to respond to us. They have resolved small software issues, bigger hardware issues and have basically kept us running like a well oiled "technical machine". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Keyboard not working and troubleshooting multiple keyboard issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The people are understanding and educated on the topic Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Switchfast contacts me too often. I have a million emails from them but that's pretty much the only issue I have Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

To develop a relationship with them so they know the historical technological problems you've had Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping me realize if my keyboard has real issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Switchfast helps with everything from computer and server maintenance, to helping us set up our online remote workspaces Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Switchfast is quick to answer calls and requests, and makes sure the issue gets taken care of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that they are not in the building with you at all times, but the easily overcome this with remote support! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Switchfast has helped us with all of our IT maintenance and always ensures that our problems get taken care of in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tim Schmitt of Switchfast Technologies

Thank you for your review and your business.

EI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I had an email issue that certain email groups I was included in were bouncing and we also had an issue with our security system being offline that required SF to work with Johnson Controls to fix. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease that Switchfast called to discuss the issue and remoted in to my computer to make sure they understood the issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

After years of an in house IT person, it takes some getting used to using an off site company:) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Do your homework and have them come out and review your companies needs! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They have someone for every facet of issue that arises! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Whether it has been driver updates, screen display issues or downloading needed software the Switchfast team has been there to answer the call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their quick response when help is needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. They’ve hit every curveball I’ve thrown at them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Reach out with any IT related need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Internal day to day IT, software installation and threat monitoring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AV Tech Director
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

When getting the password changed on my production network, Switchfast set a date and time so that there was no interruption in my workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There is always someone available to answer calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes getting your issue in the hands of the correct expert takes time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Give them a call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Switchfast handles all the IT for the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.