SurveyMonkey Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

Robust - Survey Monkey almost never goes down and very rarely has glitches. Simple to learn if you are hiring someone to build surveys. Have been adding features, so it's no longer so basic. Smooth and quick data downloads in a variety of formats. Good value pricing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The way they display crosstabs is irritating and hard to read. Very basic graphics. Can't do some of the more sophisticated programming tricks and paths. They regularly "improve" the graphics and interface in ways that I don't always find improvements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very good if you are looking for a moderately priced, reliable survey platform, and don't need complex, high end graphic or programming capabilities like visual tracking or conjoint analysis. The statistical analysis end is quite basic, but you can download the raw data easily and run it in SPSS, StatPac or other stats software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Most of our consumer and trade surveys, plus screening for qualitative research and interviews. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SurveyMonkey Overview

What is SurveyMonkey?

Trusted by 98% of the Fortune 500 and used in over 335,000 organizations, SurveyMonkey’s gives millions of people around the world a way to turn feedback into action that drives growth and innovation. Learn more at surveymonkey.com

SurveyMonkey Details
German, English, French, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish

SurveyMonkey is a provider of web-based survey solutions, trusted by millions of companies, organizations and individuals alike to gather the insights they need to make more informed decisions.

SurveyMonkey
1999
San Mateo, CA
@SurveyMonkey
1,537 employees on LinkedIn®

SurveyMonkey Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the SurveyMonkey community
Have you used SurveyMonkey before?

SurveyMonkey Reviews

Showing 16,701 SurveyMonkey reviews
Showing 16,701 reviews
Already have SurveyMonkey?
F
Associate Marketing Coordinator
Open Discussions in SurveyMonkey
Analyst
What do you like best?

Survey making is now very easy with SurveyMonkey. SurveyMonkey is full of features that helps create a survey in under few minutes. SurveyMonkey's survey builder is very good and gives lots of customization options. Templates are available in all kinds. So it is very easy to find required survey template. It is possible to create survey without template also which I really like. When building a survey SurveyMonkey has option to use company logo to make the survey more company focused. Also I like that it is very easy for a company like us to analyse the survey responses. SurveyMonkey has excellent survey analytical tools so that we can easily identify key points of the survey. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

SurveyMonkey limits features in the account type - basic. In the basic account question numbers and types are limited. Exporting tools are limited in the basic account Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're planning to use SurveyMonkey in your company then try it. SurveyMonkey has many features which can surely benefit a company when conducting a survey. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SurveyMonkey is easily a very good survey builder. It has lots of features that a company like us can use to do research and development. Surveys are good and high quality which is very important. Surveys can be easily build with the survey builder which saves us both time and cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

F
What do you like best?

Survey monkey is very helpful survey creater platform from biginners to professionals. Its basic plan which is free, highly helpful for small survey creater for getting feedback. I like that here many free templates are available for time saving purpose. This templates are usually contain questions and you can also modified them according to your requirements.

You can also add more questions and pages on that template. You can also see your customers response, no of participants, analyzing response and time spend in survey.

Premium plan are included quite more facilities instead of basic plan. Advanced and premium plans are best for professional and comercial/paid surveys creators. You can also use your company/website logo on their survey in basic and premium both plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although survey monkey provides essential tools in their basic plan but some others features should be available. Templates are required to improvement e.g. more user friendly, add some advance editing tools, adavance interface, background image etc. I dislike it's frequently data uploading system because sometimes it take quite longer time to be download. You can't able to generate reports in basic features.

Premium plan are quite higher price on monthly basis, so it gives only affordable for comercial or professional survey creators. Approx all premium features are paid. Survey creating with basic account, seems very simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I' m highly recommend to those peoples/professionals/biginners who startup your business or company or other anything's. Survey monkey will complete your requirements by their survey creating tools. It is cheaper price, low cost maintenance and well known than other survey creating sites. Survey monkey meet most of the requirements as your needs. It is provided quick and quality support for their users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm conduct surveys time to time on survey monkey whenever required feedback and suggestions about my blog/website/topics from my audience or users. It help me to interact with my audience and other users to know their opinion. Survey creating takes low cost maintenance. I'm very happy with survey monkey. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Consultant
What do you like best?

I think SurveyMonkey is one of the best survey builder out there. It is easily designed with beginners in mind as you can navigate easily. Many survey templates are available in many different categories. In template you will mostly appropriate questions but if you want to add more questions then you can add as many as you want. Also there are enough question types available so you can use any type of question. Also I like that I can add my own company logo in the survey which makes it look genuine and beautiful. My organization uses SurveyMonkey for a long time so far we really like it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So you can use SurveyMonkey freely but I think the free tier/lower priced tier doesn't provide great value because in those tiers you cannot export your survey responses. Also I think that display logic support is missing and I don't like the fact that it will annoy you for upgrading to a higher priced tier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SurveyMonkey makes it easy to create a survey in a simple few steps. It is really helpful when you need to create a survey very fast without any errors. Templates are a problem solver because they already contains many relevant questions and I can add a few more to make it complete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Writer Editor
What do you like best?

First of all I really like the Templates of SurveyMonkey. It can be a great start for making a professional surveys. SurveyMonkey lets you add as many questions as you want in your survey. It's good to take every little requirements from the customer. We in our company use SurveyMonkey for sending surveys to clients. Another plus one for SurveyMonkey is branding. We add our company logo when making a survey through SurveyMonkey to make it look further professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although I like SurveyMonkey's survey builder but I don't like their analytics system in the basic tier. It doesn't provide much and I can't export unless I paid for it. Also I think that SurveyMonkey should improve their customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SurveyMonkey is good for creating surveys. It has tutorials on how to start building your survey. So one doesn't need to spend much time to learn. Overall SurveyMonkey is good for organization as it helps create surveys and take customer requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engineer
What do you like best?

SurveyMonkey is easy to use and navigate. It's survey builder is very helpful. Many survey templates are available and I can choose my required type from them. I like that I can add many questions I want in a survey. Also there are plenty of question types available which is useful. It is required through surveys to take customer feedbacks and requirements. So we at our organization use SurveyMonkey. Branding in a survey is very important and I like that I can add my company logo in a survey to make it more professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although you can use SurveyMonkey freely but when you start using SurveyMonkey it will constantly annoy you to go for a annual subscription plan before you could start building a survey.

Second thing I dislike that if you are using free subscription plan then you cannot export survey responses to a excel sheet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our organization needs customer feedbacks to improve our services. We accomplish by sending customer a survey. SurveyMonkey is really helpful for this work. It is a very good Survey builder and helpful to our work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pre - Sales Associate
What do you like best?

1. It is very affordable

2.It has so many features

3. I can create the surveys without having any limitations.

4. It provides a wide number of tools to configure and customize forms

5. It gives multilingual abilities

6. It gives presenting results

7. It gives simple links for the users to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. I dislike it because of the Poor billing and membership plan description.

2. I dislike it because of deceptive business practices, charging for the services not used.

3. I dislike it because customer service provides confusing and contradictory responses.

4. I dislike it because they ignore the customers when they dislike the customer situation.

5. The website is very difficult to access the pricing and billing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

1. Do not use this software if you are using public hotspots.

1. Do not use this software if you are connected to unsecured networks without having vpn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. It is very affordable, so the problem solved.

2.It has so many features, so the problem solved.

3. I can create the surveys without having any limitations, so the problem solved.

4. It provides a wide number of tools to configure and customize forms, so the problem solved.

5. It gives multilingual abilities, so the problem solved.

6. It gives presenting results, so the problem solved.

7. It gives simple links for the users to use, so the problem solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engineer
What do you like best?

I love that you are able to get information in an easy fashion from many different people. It makes surveying really east and reliable. This works on many different devices and is a concise way to get information from large groups of people. The surveys are really easy to build and to send out to many different people. I would highly recommend this to anyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is a little difficult to build a survey but overall this is great. It would be great if there were different ways to build your reports once people take your survey. If there were even more ways to review your responses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely suggest this if you are sending out surveys to any group of people. It is super easy to use and works really well on many different devices. They make it easy to create the survey and they make it easy to send out to people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to send a survey out to many different people and it does not matter if they have a certain web browser or device. I am able to get feedback really easily. This has been a great addition. This has made it really easy to be able to reach lots of people and make our work enviroment much better. We are also able to make it annoymous so people are willing to give their real feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Consultant
What do you like best?

I use SurveyMonkey to take customer requirements. SurveyMonkey is very good creating surveys. With surveys we can take requirements from a customer for a project. I like that I can add as many options I want because more options means more detailed description of requirements. With SurveyMonkey I can also see how many responses I got and the sharing process of a survey is well defined and nice. Finally with SurveyMonkey I can add my organization logo to make survey more professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

SurveyMonkey is good and useful but I think user interface could be improved and if I can add any background image in a survey that would be great. Other than that everything is going well with SurveyMonkey. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Taking customer requirements and customer analysis has become very easy with SurveyMonkey. It is beneficial for our organization in a good way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

People Operations Specialist
What do you like best?

SurveyMonkey has an easy to use and navigate interface. I am able to collect tons of data at a time and share the link with whoever I need to share it with in seconds. This platform has helped in company wide surveys, compiling department specific data, allowing anonymous exit interviews to take place. SurveyMonkey has really helped me in the HR field as I'm sure it has helped others in similar and differing fields. I highly recommend this application for surveying needs! SurveyMonkey is universal and all of our employees were able to easily use the links shared with them. It is so helpful to have a simple link to send out to all employees rather than having to send separate links to all employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not a whole lot that comes to mind that I dislike about this platform. I think that overall it is a solid application that allows users to do exactly what they need to do. It is not confusing, it has a nice interface, it provides detailed information and allows you to create so many types of questions. I think if I had to choose one thing, it would be the exporting of the surveys can be confusing when going to an excel spreadsheet. I also feel like the dashboard can sometimes feel cluttered - mostly when there are multiple users in one account or surveys everywhere. It gets kind of confusing! Overall, I think this platform has been very helpful in my previous organization and I hope to bring it to the current organization I work for! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't have any recommendations for SurveyMonkey - I think they are doing everything they need to do for their customers and their user interface is easy to use. I've never had any issues with the site. I've never had a negative experience with it either! Everything I have done on SurveyMonkey has been beneficial to the organization I worked for and has allowed us to make strides in the companies morale and exchanges internally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At my old job, we were using SurveyMonkey to complete exit interviews, performance evaluations for management team, support staff surveys and much more. We were able to gauge where all employees were in terms of support and they could be honest anonymously. This helps to give us real and honest feedback. We are able to actually pay attention to the issues that are going on and not have to fight through confusion and employees feeling uncomfortable about expressing how they are feeling. Managers were able to having meetings with their teams and discuss anything happening within their department. We also used SurveyMonkey for feedback on our on-boarding/training processes - making sure that we are doing all we can for new hires and those coming into the organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assocaite Technical Support Analyst II
What do you like best?

Best platform to create surveys and share surveys as a link through any medium.

I create a lot of surveys for my implementation of ideas on on projects related to business.

I really like the way it have options like importing data and files and creating surveys in different formats. it also have options to apply logos and colors on the surveys

I'm using Survey monkey for more than an year, it's been very helpful and at the same time the User interface has been improved a lot with lot of options to create surveys and also to add more reliable data and files to the surveys Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's been very useful to me until now in all aspects, I can't find any drawbacks on this platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best to create surveys among groups in any organization.

Can create surveys in various templates with logos and files loaded up

Great platform to access it for free and also with paid services to access more features. go through the link if you wish to see more info https://www.surveymonkey.com/ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I take decisions and feedback from my colleagues and co workers on my development solutions related to work. Even it is used across company for various business solutions

We have a domain related to digital marketing. Survey monkey helped to create polls and surveys to collective information from across world as we can expect more traffic from online

It have great options to analyze the results in a graphical way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Unemployed
What do you like best?

On SurveyMonkey, you can create questions very easily. Users will be happy to attend the surveys that you make. There are lot of options while making survey, like- you can add image, text, paragraph, a drop-down menu, multiple choice questions, matrix /rating, etc. Then you can share the link of your surveys to the social media platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On SurveyMonkey, Free plans are good, but if you want to create high quality surveys, then you need a paid plan and the plans and pricing is quite high, for example, on Personal Plans, their Advantage plan-pricing is 1999 INR per month, Premier plan-pricing is 4999 INR per month. Those plan-pricing should be less. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I need to know something about any item or product before buying or using that thing, I use SurveyMonkey to create surveys and I can share my survey link on my Online Platforms. It is very easy to create survey on SurveyMonkey. After user provides response to my survey, SurveyMonkey sends me email, which is a good thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
What do you like best?

I used survey Monkey for 360 degree feedback from employees on select managers. its a great tool to have anonymous surveys. also features of automated graphs helps a lot. I even used it to launch quizes for my team and collect data in set templates. it has lot of themes and templates that animates and help us to create fun learning programs as well.

SurveyMonkey is great for when you need feedback from a large audience (our company is about 30 people) and you want feedback in a simple, quick, and easy way. It's very easy to use (you don't need to be super tech-savvy to understand how to use it) and you get answers immediately.

SurveyMonkey operates on a freemium business model. This means we allow users to use our most basic tools for free, while designating our more advanced features and resources to our paid plans. We also offer a suite of solutions to help customers do everything from customer satisfaction to manage grant applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

downloading time..it takes lot of time to give download of the data. also everytime there is new response, you have to download again. so graphs and all are to updated again.

its should be free for more no. of users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

must for all business entities with large population.

its a magic wand for all your data collection needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

data collection i short span of time with readymade templates.

Benefits are huge!

Team engagement

collaboration for data collection/ interest mapping

360 degree anonymous surveys

time bound surveys etc.

problem is the data processing. it does not give friendly data. data has to be synced as it takes user name etc. with its own fashion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruitment Consultant
What do you like best?

I love the interactivity of the platform and the fact that it's just a fun website.

Creating a survey is super easy and completing a survey is just as fun as the whole GUI is done in a very good way to make it interesting and exciting. Doesn't take itself too seriously.

This make its interesting and fun for my colleagues and means that they come back to us a lot more and respond a lot more than when using other platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly nothing that I really dislike about this platform.

As I mentioned it is in my opinion one of the best platforms for surveys and I don't think I've come across anything that I would consider to be better or offer something more than what Survey Monkey already does. I wouldn't use any of other platform and my company have already recommended that we always use this platform each time that we need to send our surveys. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend using this platform as it's an all in one platform for all of your surveys.

The user response rate has always been incredibly high and the feedback on the ease of use has always been good too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Now that we are all working from home, it's imperative that we keep up to date with people's moods and their outlook on the future as well as what we could be doing different or should have done differently up until now.

This is a quick and easy way to send out surveys in a way that makes it seem less serious for my colleagues but also reports back all of the results in a proper comprehensive way and allows us to look at the analytics in a more in depth way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.