SugarSync Reviews & Product Details

SugarSync Overview

What is SugarSync?

SugarSync allows you to Access/Sync/Share/Backup all your files, photos and music from any device. Use your own file structure with auto 2-way backup; no special folder required!

SugarSync Details

SugarSync Reviews

Showing 32 SugarSync reviews
Already have SugarSync?
Web Designer
What do you like best?

Sugar sync allows you to edit your files, view and save them safely and securely between many devices in a very short time. With this, you can always manage the files in whichever manner you want. This software has a feature that enables one to make changes that will also be effective in all other linked devices. The safety of file sharing is guaranteed because the user has a chance to share with the recipients they want thus being secured. It also allows online storage of files and on cloud therefore in case of file loss there is always an online backup. There is a free trial version for 30 days therefore any user can test the software before purchasing to ascertain that it is the best software for file backup and synchronization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its user interface can be hard to a beginner but with time one can easily be able to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a safe and secure software to synchronize and backup your data across any device then sugar sync gives you the chance to choose what device you want to share your files with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Sugar sync I can synchronize my files multiple computers and devices for file backup therefore saving from future permanent data losses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Soporte Técnico en Campo
What do you like best?

SugarSync has an impressive ease of use and speed. I like to be able to store the backup copies from any location on the computer, as well as being able to do it in several locations at the same time. Another feature that I like is the function of being able to provide protection to folders, however my favorite feature is that of public links, in order to provide customers with download links without them having to access the account or having to grant them some permission. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think that $ 55 for 1 TB of storage in the enterprise version is too much money, considering that other services such as Dropbox offer 3 TB of storage for $ 15 in its standard business version, taking into account that they are for the same number of users in the access. Beyond that, I like the application from the technical aspect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SugarSync is one of the fastest and safest cloud storage services I have used, however, its high cost does not allow me to recommend it, especially because I believe that only large companies can take care of their high rates. Small companies could not afford their license. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We only acquired SugarSync for two months, because it offered us a secure file transfer through TLS and a 256-bit AES encryption, which is one of the highest security standards in the world, however, we desist from the idea for its high cost for storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operador de Plataformas PaaS JUNIOR
What do you like best?

SugarSync allows you to synchronize on all devices, including storage devices connected to the network. I also like that it is integrated with applications such as Zapier or Genius Scan. The best thing is that you can restore up to five previous versions of files and create protected folders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This service can not play audio or video files and it does not work with collaboration applications such as Office Online, leaving aside something as important as online collaboration in a service of this category. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software has a solid set of features, good encryption qualities and modern and easy-to-use web, desktop and mobile applications with high data transfer speed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SugarSync allows us to restore files of up to five previous versions and create protected folders with up to twelve versions, protecting our data at a high level of security, avoiding the loss or theft of information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Photography
What do you like best?

I love the peace of mind it gives me. My computer and all its data is backed up. It also has a great mobile app that allows me to see what is backed up. It is very affordable, easy to use and secure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything negative to say or have any idea on improvements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have all my documents and files safely stored online and my clients files are also backed up. I never have to worry about losing data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I used SugarSync for over 5 years to back-up both my home personal files and my work files on different platforms. The apps are compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. With a simple login, I was able to access all of my files on any device and keep backups in the cloud. The set-up, ease of syncing/backing up photos and files, reliability of syncing, and ability to create folders to organize your files are the best features. Their desktop version is intuitive and easy to drag and drop files/folders or use their (+) add button to sync. Like other services, SugarSync lets you share files and folders with everyone who has the link or just with specific people.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

SugarSync just doesn't measure up in cost value/storage or collaborative sharing when stacked against market competitors such as Google Drive, Dropbox Plus or Microsoft OneDrive, Though setting up and using SugarSync is intuitive and fairly simple, the service is expensive and lacks security for password protecting files/folders and sharing capabilities compared to the mainstream services mentioned above. SugarSync does not integrate any online collaboration tools. Contacts are also limited to editing, adding, and deleting items from a folder. There's no option for multiple users to simultaneously make edits to a file or even communicate with each other through SugarSync, unlike Google Drive or OneDrive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's Intuitive and easy to set-up and use across devices. However, it isn't as cost-effective in terms of storage space when compared to other services such as Google Drive or OneDrive. It also doesn't yet have key collaboration capabilities with sharing, editing or protecting files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

File Syncing and Back-up. It was easy to use, reliable with syncing and accessible across devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

The ability to select which folders to sync on each device. It has versions and sometimes is a lifesaver in case of accidental modification of a file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have used it for like 5 years now, I have had some problems during that period, one time, it disappeared a lot of my files, hundreds, I couldn't find them anywhere. After contacting support, it resulted that an unknown issue caused my files to come orphan. They were on any folder nor the deleted items. The recovered my files, but I have to reorder them in the file structure, it was a pain.

Also support team is not good, I have contacted several times for different issues and regulary they respond as machines, without paying attention of what you are asking, almost like predefined answers to words in your questions... You have to insist and insist until they scale your issue to a different level, does people do read. They don't have telephone support on demand, but sometimes, if there is an issue, they suggest to make you a phone call and give you remote support (live). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a tough and manageable cloud service, this is the one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to share big files with people outside the organization, it also helps sharing folders with people that don't have SugarSync and of course, the main, it allows syncing files in almost real time between all my devices. I actively use 4 devices (work PC, home PC, laptop, mobile). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Fast upload/download speeds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Search function doesn't always operate properly in finding things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A central cloud for all co-workers to share and view large documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I found it easy to sync two PCs over the Internet. Setup was pretty simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Disappointing about the way SugarSync hides the fact that subscriptions are automatically renewed without an opt-out feature. You have to read deep into its Terms and Conditions. If you miss the renew date, there's no relief or attempt to help. They only sent me a link to their Terms and Conditions and made no effort to work with me or even offer a pro-rated refund. I will not do business with them again! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I only used the product for about 6 months. I found it easier to take a USB thumb drive between the two PCs I wanted to share files with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Syncing up two PCs sharing QuickBooks files Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Once SugarSync is up and running on a device, it provides excellent backup, with almost no effort or thought on your part. You don't have to save files to a particular folder - and I have SugarSync backing up the files I keep on OneDrive and DropBox too, as extra backup. I've been using SugarSync for about 7 years now, and have it installed on multiple devices. It's not cheap, but overall I'm a satisfied customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's rather expensive, and their customer service isn't very consumer-friendly, to say the least. I wish SugarSync would do a better job of explaining the benefits of their service (versus competitors) to the general public. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for really good, independent file backup, and the ability to backup up files on multiple devices "as they are" without having to move files into a specific place in order to back them up, SugarSync is a great product overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Overall backup of all my files on all devices. I like having a "third party" company backing up files that are also stored on OneDrive and in DropBox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
Facilities Services
What do you like best?

It allows syncing of any folder - and having been a user for at least 5 years (I think nearer ten) used to just work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's deleted all the files in one of our directories. This has happened before - but I just undeleted them. This time they have disappeared from "deleted" too. I submitted a support request three days ago and heard nothing. I cannot have such an important function untrustworthy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't! If you do, make sure you take full, regular back-ups so you don't lose everything Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Constant live back-up

Syncing files between team members - so we can work on same files despite being remote on laptops Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

"Byrådirektör" på den Personliga Reklambyrån
What do you like best?

I have been using SugarSync for over 5 years. Sugarsync has without problems synced towards 3 different PC, on mac, 4 different mobile phones, android tablet.

And my files are there - no matter on which unit I search for them.

I simply haven't got any syncing problem - but I do have my files. :-)

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not really dislike but this thing with sync, cloud directories etc is a bit complicated to get the grasp of.

So when I help colleges, customers to start using sugarsync some kind of infographic explaining would be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Decide one folder to be the main synced folder. Add all othe folders in the main folder.

Clean up your directories so you don't sync files that don't need to be synced.

If syncing with several units - have the same folder structure on all.

This is relevent when starting any sync service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work with web and with presentations. So I constantly have to witch between PC and mac. (Checking the website or presentation works on either system.

Then I have all kind of images, templates in my file and I need to get these on a regular base. With sugarsync I have all my files no matter what platform I'm working from.

And the files are there! Always! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

When the service worked it was just okay. We had issues with syncing across all computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our files were never up to date across all of our business computers and when I went to cancel our account a year ago to move to another service, they never canceled the account. This year they charged me almost $700 for not using their service then said it would be up to 45 days to get it refunded. Al this after waiting to get through to a customer service person and then getting hung up on and having to call back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go with another service and avoid the hassle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have realized that we need a more reliable service that will not steal from us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Licensed Health & Life Insurance Professional
Insurance
What do you like best?

This service allowed for varying levels of storage usage and syncing over multiple devices with a high level of control - different folders could have different sync options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I hated using the interface: Online access was cumbersome and the ap for smart phones and tablets was worse. While the system created a local folder that was easy enough to access/streamlined to your operating system, it did no good when trying to access files that were not locally stored. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I subscribed to this service for about 3 years. I no longer use it, as there are other cloud storage options available that are free or part of a free bundled service for something I already pay for. Over the course of the first year, this service allowed me to store and back-up data and access it through multiple devices. However, the company revamped the interface at least twice over that time frame and I did not experience added convenience through either. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Operator
Information Services
What do you like best?

I like that you can work in realtime - especially when having an immediate turnaround on the audio, you can be working and downloading the audio immediately to keep going, not having to go back and forth re-downloading the audio. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was glitchy. Set up was cumbersome and somewhat confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time setting it up and explaining it to the people using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Transcription in almost realtime. Able to start work immediately and continuously download as I am working instead of having to re-download additional audio as it is being uploaded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Magic Briefcase is nice to have. Just drop files in it on your desktop and those you're sharing with have access too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Takes a long time to load. Software feels clunky and outdated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are many options for file sharing. I tend to prefer other simpler web based systems rather than Sugarsync. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

File Sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

SugarSync allows our team to easily work off a single file structure in the cloud. Management controls the main account and is able to select which folders to share with users. We all work remotely so this is a perfect alternative to an in-office network. Tablet and mobile platforms are user friendly and make pulling up files on the go a simple task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some users experience difficulties getting SugarSync to cooperate with their system. One user in particular has had to reinstall the program and resync folders multiple times now. Not sure if the issue is on his end or a bug in the software, but it is a pain to work through each time. Also, SugarSync seems to place a copy of deleted files into a deleted items folder which causes confusion and takes up additional storage space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall I really like this program but sometimes it causes me a bit of grief with duplicating files and other bugs. Could not find a telephone number for a SugarSync help desk which I prefer over just emailing in a service request. Would recommend this program to small businesses with remote users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cloud-based network sharing for employees working remotely has been very helpful in managing files, controlling records, and maintaining accountability with documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use -- files are easily transferred from computer to cloud and vice versa. Also easy to access from any computer -- just login to the site directly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would appear that when I'm using the desktop application, I'm not able to directly access my SugarSync files through Finder unless I had previously downloaded them to my computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes file sharing easier when coworkers are working remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Of Training
What do you like best?

I like that SugarSync backs up any folder that I select automatically. I and most of the staff here, have SugarSync running always. Unlike Google Drive, where I can still back up anything I want into a single Drive folder, SugarSync uploads multiple folders without me having to do any extra organizing. The set up is extremely simple and the amount of storage they offer makes it easy for all of us to upload as much as we would like. It is great that I can access anything from my laptop, desktop, and mobile phone all through SugarSync. I never have to worry about not having something with me, as long as I have access to the Internet. There are so many cloud storage options out there, but SugarSync seems to be the easiest and most simple way to back up everything on any of your devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

SugarSync, as expected, does slow down our network, as it puts a lot of weight on it with so many users backing up their devices. It doesn't cause much of a problem, but our network analyst can easily see how hard it is working. I do tend to get some unnecessary mail as an admin, but that is just my opinion. Others may want a play by play on what is happening with new users. I, on the other hand, would prefer not to be so informed about small things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that your network can handle SugarSync or do not have it running constantly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SugarSync has helped us easily solve the issue of losing data. In the past, we have had server issues where all of our backed up data has been lost. Also, our employees often do not take the time to back up their devices to an external drive. SugarSync does everything for them. After an initial setup, there is so little for them to do. This insures that if anything is deleted, if we run into problems, or if someone is working on a new device or someone else's device, they can still access all of their files through SugarSync. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Law Clerk
Law Practice
What do you like best?

Easy to maneuver throughout the program, especially easy to drag multiple items into a folder at one time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program crashed on my law firm and it was a hassle to recover the files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to have everything backed up in case of a crash, however it is still a good company/product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organization and efficiency are the business problems we are solving. We were able to do that while using SugarSync until it crashed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

owner
What do you like best?

I like that this program will keep certain folders on both my computers synced so that I have the same files in the same place on both computers. This keeps me more organized and efficient when trying to get my work done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had a very hard time understanding how this program worked. There are support documents but I feel they were hard to understand. It also seemed that the sync process took a very long time and slowed down other activities running on my computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you work on two computers and need all your files synced - this is a great solution. It is also great if you are a photographer and want to keep your Lightroom libraries synced on both computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to keep my client folders synced no matter what computer I am working on. It was frustrating when I took my Macbook air on a trip just to realize that the file was on the other computer. It's nice knowing that the files will stay synced and that I don't have to remember to put them in Dropbox any more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

-Any folder on your computer can be synced, unlike Dropbox, which requires you to put any files to be put in the cloud into the Dropbox folder. (You can also sync your Dropbox folder to SugarSync, which is fun.)

-Is free. You also get more free storage space from SugarSync (5G, I think) vs 2G from Dropbox. However, when signing up on SugarSync, you really have to search around for that free option since they really push the paid account.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Access. Interface is not as easy or user-friendly. The one-click on the Dropbox icon while working on your computer to open up the synced folder is something I wish SugarSync would do. The SugarSync app for Kindle is also a bit obnoxious in that it is sometimes hard to get it to manually sync, and sometimes it crashes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download speeds were ridiculously slow. I calculate at 2.5 to 4 mbps (that's bits, not Bytes. bits = 8 X Bytes) on Charter's high speed internet rated at 60 mbps download / 4 mbps upload. I tested over a couple different days at different times and it took from 20 to 35 minutes to download a 608 MB file. Upload speeds were slow but in the acceptable range - 32 minutes for this file = 2.5 mbps. On OneDrive, it downloaded at a rate of 20 to 30 mbps (2.5 to 3.5 minutes for the same 608 MB file.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Overall, the SugarSync vs Dropbox question depends on your personal needs and uses. If you only use your computer(s) and always connected devices like your phone or you have a tablet with 3G access, you can go with either. If you need synced and downloaded files at all times on a device like a tablet that does not have internet access, or if you travel a lot and don't always have internet access, I'd use SugarSync. If pushed to pick one or the other, I'd pick SugarSync because of the offline access (really, it's a dealbreaker for me) and the additional free storage space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Computer & Network Security
What do you like best?

The Syncing between multiple computers. As a computer consultant this feature, to me, is better than Dropbox. Dropbox creates a directory within the User/Home directory. The nice thing about SugarSync is that your offsite backup can take place within your User/Documents directory. As far as function, depending on the speed of your internet access, along with glitches in the connection, the syncing is fabulous. I have created a virtual paperless business with an administrator, data entry personnel, executive and bookkeeper in separate offices many miles apart. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That no longer offers the free 5GB program or a smaller size maximum than 100GB. This can deal breaker for me selling the idea to new clients with a small amount of documents and no pictures, videos or music. I prefer the Premium Documents to Go iOS and Android app over the SugarSync app for file access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They need to offer smaller paid storage options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Syncing among several computers at different sites using the MySync directory (formerly known as Magic Briefcase directory) . Great benefits. I have used it to replace network servers that take up a huge amount of space, money and energy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

SugarSync has great options for size of cloud space that is fairly inexpensive. It is very easy to choose which files go into the cloud and which do not. It is very easy to access files from any computer or device at any time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their app could use quite a bit of work in ease of use and showing picture files in your cloud space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes uploading or downloading a file on any computer or device very easy. I can share all my files over multiple devices and access them on other computers to print or share on the go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I used SugarSync as a classroom teacher and loved it. I had three different computers that I used on a daily basis: my classroom laptop, my classroom mac mini, and my personal computer at home. I loved how easy it was to sync between these three machines. It worked and worked well.

I had a few things working against me that really affected my work flow. First off, we had a lot of good websites blocked by the school's proxy. This is common and actually understandable. What I was able to do was collect material at home on my own unsrestricted network (all fair-use, off course from youtube and other sites that were blocked at school and place them in my shared folder for easy access at school the next day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My biggest gripe about the service was that it converted to paid only. This is what actually drove me away. I had actually collected quite a few referrals and was sitting on some bonus storage when I found that I would need to pay for future service. I took the initial deal due to the fact that it was something like 50% off. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bring back the free tier of service. I brought in a lot of referrals and had to let a lot of free space go when they decided to go paid only. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My biggest benefit was working around blocks of available content on the web due to local restraints ie firewalls and proxys. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Manager
Hospitality
What do you like best?

Syncing across devices is seamless and enjoy accessing all my files on the go. The pin-code lock is a very handy feature and better than remembering a password. Accessing files between PC and Mac works pretty well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No phone support unless you pay for it. I am very tech savvy. If you are not tech savvy it is very difficult to go through all of the help files to find what you are looking for. It is even more frustrating when you do not know the proper name of the item you are looking for. Figuring out how to download and install the program on a MAC computer coming from a PC was a nightmare. If you don't move your files to the right area then its just a mess. For something i think should have taken 20 minutes took several hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research against the competitors. In general SugarSync costs more but I trust the reliability. The 2nd one I would consider id DropBox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I mainly use the SugarSync service for accessing documents on the go. Many times I receive inquires and I need to send information quickly to those I network with. Not having to wait till I am near a computer is a lifesaver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for SugarSync?