Student Loan Servicing System Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

It really helps me stay on top of my student loans - everything is very easy to navigate. Paying my loans is very fast and efficient because it prompts you to make a payment from the very first screen. I also like how simple it is to change repayment plans as well and how well it breaks them down for you. Their customer service is always pretty fast and they answer all my questions thoroughly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish my loans were labeled better? I don't like how they break it down into Group A, B, C etc. under loan details, I don't know which loan is which Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like that it saves my bank account so I don't have to re-enter payment information every time. I can pay with just a few clicks (Heartland ECSI, for example, doesn't have this feature unless you set your loans on auto-pay) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student Loan Servicing System Overview

What is Student Loan Servicing System?

Student Loan Servicing System provides customer service on your federal student loans, so this tool answers your questions, offers solutions if you're having trouble paying, and processes your payments.

Student Loan Servicing System Details

Nelnet
Ownership
2017
Lincoln, NE
@Nelnet
2,347 employees on LinkedIn®
Answer a few questions to help the Student Loan Servicing System community
Have you used Student Loan Servicing System before?

Student Loan Servicing System Reviews

Showing 10 Student Loan Servicing System reviews
Already have Student Loan Servicing System?
Doctoral Student
What do you like best?

Email updates when there are any changes made to my account. Easy to make a payment. Good customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Under loan details, I can't figure out what dates each individual loans are from - only what date they are due. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep up to date with all messages on your account. Ask customer service if you have any questions because they reply fast and are very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student Loan Servicing System helps me to stay informed about the total amount I owe, when I need to start paying, and interest rates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I really like that the app is not complicated, whatsoever. It is easy to navigate, and it’s easy to find a number to call if you need customer service assistance. The site has not changed much over the years, so it has been pretty easy for me to consistently navigate the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that the software is sometimes slow and glitchy. Additionally, sometimes it won’t remember my username when I go to login. I feel that re-logging in each time can be a waste of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely navigate around the software by logging in and clicking around on different tabs. You can always get a hold of a customer service representative if you need additional help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student loans servicing system has allowed me to officially pay off my student loan. All the information is relatively in one place, so it makes my job of making payments quite easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I have set up autopay which works great for me. The individual on the phone was also very helpful in explaining the timeline for autopay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The autopay function has a slight delay - which scared me at first when looking at my bank account. Your payment won't be reflected in your bank account until after the due date. Be assured though that NelNet does keep track of the payment and lists it as paid on time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving the problem of having to manually pay my loans every month. It's very easy to log on and see how much I've paid as well as adjusting my payment plans, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As touchy student loans are, Nelnet does a great job laying everything out for you. They make it extremely easy to apply for different types of repayment options among other things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wished that when you clicked into account details that all your loans would be in a minimized view. Having them all displayed overloads the user a bit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

After talking to many friends, I've realized that Nelnet is amongst one of the more friendly student loan servicing systems out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Provides a nice overview so that you can see all your loans with type, status, interest, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not very easy to use. The system is more basic than competitors and not very intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is not the most sophisticated website. Can be difficult to find exactly what you are looking for but has improved over the years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Provided a nice overview so that you can see all federal student aid regardless of type of loan. Ensures that you are not kissing any even if with separate managers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their payment system is pretty flawless. It's easy to set up automatic payments, and they do a good job at allowing users to specify where, specifically, they want each payments to go. Additionally, I have interacted with their customer service and I was very pleasantly surprised. They were prompt, helpful, and kind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app for iPhone, while helpful, is a bit outdated. It could use some serious updates. There's nothing flawed, necessarily, about it. The app is just very old and sometimes runs a bit slow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For a topic that most people don't like to deal with, they get the job done and make it as pain free and easy as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

NelNet allows users to pay off and consolidate student loans they may have incurred throughout their education. I have benefitted from using their services because, simply, I've worked with them for 6 years and never run into any problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and I like that accounts can be set up to have multiple people with accessibility for one loan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Payments are not posted immediately, they take about 2 days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This system is used to manage student debt and both the student and family have access to the account. It makes it very simple to understand and pay off. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

I love how easy it was to access my account and generate important documents, set up automatic payments and otherwise manage my loans. It detailed the history of my loans which allowed me to see how far I'd come. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Many student loan providers are known for incorrectly applying payments to the interest or making other account mistakes. Nelnet was not exempt from this however they owned their mistakes and rectified any issues I had right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nelnet helped me stay on top of my student loans at all times by having easy access to my account by web and phone. This encouraged me to pay my debt off faster and take advantage of lessened interest fees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I think the UI is great. Very easy to navigate and gives you the ability to make scheduled payments on a recurring basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think like any software out there it has it's bugs and issues but the core functionality of the solution certainly works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I still use Nelnet to pay my student loans and did not realize how easy the solution was to use until I started piloting some competitors and ultimately decided to stay with Nelnet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Student loan servicing makes it easy for you to see your loans in one place and easily allows a user to see their interest rate, and loan terms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Student loan servicing could improve by making it easier for users to recover passwords and also should have a multi authentication process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student loan servicing system allows users to have an easy access to their loans, which cuts out a middle-man to assist users by allowing users to directly obtain and view their information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.