SSD Nodes Reviews & Product Details

What is SSD Nodes?

Get honest value from your cloud hosting provider. SSD Nodes' VPS platform combines speed, simplicity, and resiliency to let you get back to growing your business or developing the next great experience on the web.

SSD Nodes Profile Details

1-16 of 16 total SSD Nodes reviews

SSD Nodes Reviews

1-16 of 16 total SSD Nodes reviews
Gerente de TI

"Very stable service with outstanding support"

What do you like best?

Stability of the service, it's never down. I use SSD Nodes for more than 3 years and its quality has been the same since beginning, very good services. I can say they improved because today we have a very good support and variety of plans.

What do you dislike?

Lack of network firewall rules. Not possible to set inbound and outbound rules. I still can't define custom rules to avoid intruders from a specific ip range for example. This is something that needs to be implemented asap.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SSD Nodes has improved their support, they also improved the way they reach new customers, today I like to share with people that I use SSD Nodes because it's no longer a small company fighting only for the cheapest niche. They have enough expertise to compete with estabilished servers. I have no reasons to migrate from SSD Nodes today.

I'm a webmaster and I develop and provide online software to my clients. SSD Nodes is perfect because I can have a machine running 24/7 at a very affordable price with quality of service. One of my clients have arround 95k pageviews per month and it's working quite fine for this and for other clients too.

Lead Technical Architect
Telecommunications

"High quality, and maximum VFM"

What do you like best?

SSDNodes makes no bones about its primary offering - maximizing value for money when it comes to RAM per dollar. I don't know of any other VPS provider that offers this much RAM at this low a cost (see caveats below). Obviously, these are shared instances - so it's not okay to run instances that use peak CPU for extended periods of time. However, what's surprising is that they're able to offer KVM at these price points (Docker works - I've tested it) - they apparently use a fancy hypervisor that makes this possible.

What do you dislike?

The VFM gets unlocked only on long-term payment plans which lock you into using SSDNodes for an extended period of time. Their 1-year plans generally out-compete other players, but it's their three year plans that are the "real" deal. However, I don't feel comfortable advising anyone to plonk down cash for a three year lock-in with any provider - lots of things can change in that period of time. The 1-year lock-in isn't bad though, considering how little even their max configuration costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a regular VPS service that offers good performance and great VFM, and don't mind the (minimum) 1-year lock-in, this is a good option.

I switched away from traditional VPS providers that offer much lower RAM per dollar. I mainly host Ruby-on-Rails websites, where RAM is almost always the limiting factor.

Merchandising Specialist
Retail
(10,001+ employees)

"Great stability and communication"

What do you like best?

Support is always quick to reply to any questions I have. The packages are priced out annually and offer some pretty great savings when compared to other providers. Routine maintenance is always performed with advanced notice and is hardly noticeable.

What do you dislike?

I'd really like the option to run Ubuntu 18.04 but it hasn't been validated yet. I'm currently using Debian 9 which works out fine but I'm currently in the process of transitioning to Ubuntu 18.04 across all my services.

I switched away from shared hosting because the performance and resources couldn't always handle spikes in traffic. With SSD Nodes I've been able to support increases in traffic and better plan how resources are utilized.

University Lecturer
Higher Education

"Best Solution even for Beginners"

What do you like best?

SSD NODES is very simple and gives you the best resources for the best prices, especially if you are on a budget. The customer service is quick and friendly. The knowledge forum are very timely and quick on target. This was my first VPS experience. I was quite impressed with their assistance and support.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about their VPS services. The only issue that I have asked them to reconsider in the offer is backup systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I will recommend this to any and everyone. The technicians are very hands-on and are willing to assist you get started and provide all the information that you require.

I wanted to put all our websites, emails and elearning platforms online in a VPS that has the best resources and the best uptime 99.999%. I wanted technical assistance from technicians who understood my struggles and are willing to assist.

CEO

"Affordable Virtual Servers"

What do you like best?

SSD Nodes offers a very high quality hosting product at a low cost if you're able to pay in advance. Their servers are solid, experience next to no downtime, and are powerful. Their support is helpful and friendly, and the owner is very personable.

What do you dislike?

There are very few things I dislike about SSD Nodes. Some of their acceptable use policies can be a little stringent, such as the zero tolerance policy on media transcoding, but their servers are rock solid and stable.

SSD Nodes has helped me save money and time by offering a low-cost solution to client hosting.

"Great value for speed oriented servers"

What do you like best?

I like the value SSDNodes has for the money, especially when prepaying for 3 years. Let's face it, their hardware is top notch and prices ridiculously low. Their blog posts are of high quality and worth reading though they are not updating as often anymore.

What do you dislike?

Lack of additional IPv4 or IPv6 addresses

Slow response on support tickets, especially when their network is down. Support would be their main drawback

Unreliable Network status page.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For the most part, the service has been stable for the past 6 months. However, multiple hiccups since the beggining of the year, I would advise against using SSDNodes for business critical solutions

Hosting a few clients sites and docker apps for myself.

"Be caution before you order"

What do you like best?

The price is attractive, performance seem ok.

What do you dislike?

customer service are refund policy are worst in business.

Stay away from this guys. Service is not user friendly especially you are a newbie. In third day of trail I received a compliant said I abuse the vm which maybe compromised. I am a newbie The only think I installed is ispconfig panel ( because I don't capable to figure out what is going on and they don't have any backup or snapshot function) I have to reinstall and configure everythink again.

Moreover my concern is if I do some production deployment in their vm I screwed due to they lack of backup functionality and support. I was decide cancel the service and move to digital ocean but the ugly is “14-day money-back guarantee” is a slogan not a commitment from this company. They through you 10 page TOS said your are not qualify for refund from a Technical Support Representative.

They trapping me when I don't even know what happen. Make sure you are a server expert before go into it( but I guest you still difficult to avoid "abuse" from their TOS) or stay away from them.

System Administrator and App Developer

"Economic, Stable and Outstanding support."

What do you like best?

More than the financial aspect(which was perfect for my budget), I like how excellent the support is. Im about to complete my first year with SSD nodes and in my Experience, the support has been excellent so far.

What do you dislike?

Non so far. The support has been excellent and it fits right on my budget. Perhaps the tutorials SSD nodes provides can increase in number.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely use SSD Nodes if you want an excellent support.

Im using ssd nodes VPS as web and application server.

IT Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Great service at affordable prices"

What do you like best?

It has a great value for the price paid. Competitive quality in regards to availability and versatility.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I really dislike. I would love though to see more options for self management (live console to the server for instance)

Money saving while providing an essential need.

Manager, Business Systems Administration
Telecommunications

"Quality VPS provider with a personal touch on their support"

What do you like best?

Wanting to move my websites off of shared hosting and over to a VPS where I can have full control over the server, I started looking at various VPS providers. The big names could have been obvious choices, but I wanted a provider where I was a little more than "just a number". After a really bad experience trying out a small provider on the market prior to SSD Nodes, I landed on SSD Nodes through one of their online promotions on a web hosting community website. Their customers who frequented the site had lots of good to say about the quality of services and support they received from SSD Nodes, and the found of the company himself was participating in discussion to answer questions where he could. I made the jump and signed up. Their online customer portal is fantastic and allows easy management of services, and even on-the-fly upgrades to grow my services as my sites grow. Server performance is top notch and I've had zero performance issues or downtime. On top of all that, I received a few emails in the weeks following my sign-up to introduce me to various aspects of the service, and leaving an open invitation to email the founder of the company himself if I ever needed anything. I emailed him some kind words and suggestions, and heard right back a day later! Support, and talking right to the founder, was a very personable and down to earth experience, and that only cemented the fact that I've brought my money to the right place when signing up for the SSD Nodes service. I hope to continue to grow with them as my business grows!

What do you dislike?

In all my time using SSD Nodes thus far, there are absolutely zero complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SSD Nodes is the real deal, and if they can continue to keep up the personal, professional and knowledgeable support as they continue to grow (I mean, I'm sure the founder won't be able to email everyone personally forever!), then they will remain a solid choice for businesses needing VPS servers or backup solutions!

SSD Nodes primarily offers VPS servers and online backup solutions. I am personally using a VPS which is configured as a web hosting platform for a half dozen websites; mixed use of business websites and some personal websites. Being a highly technical user myself, I had "outgrown" shared hosting and wanted more control by running my own web hosting solution on a VPS.

Owner

"Most affordable and reliable VPS hosting"

What do you like best?

Price! 4 cores and 8gb under 5 bucks! Black friday deals are always good. Perfect VPS host for personal cloud hosting.

What do you dislike?

Limited management interface does not allow to perform all functions, like renaming a server so it requires contacting support.

I can run all of my projects without the overhead of running my own servers. SSD Nodes is affordable enough that I can test new ideas without a large investment. Their performance has always exceeded my expectations.

"well under performed any of their advertised stats"

What do you like best?

no need to give a long winded review. the numbers speak for themself:

disk write speeds: 200-425mb/s MAX( this is horrendous and was tested many times over a few weeks)

disk read speeds: 4gb/s

TPS: 7.86

IOPS=2000-3535

this was all done on what they consider to be their HIGH end machine.

What do you dislike?

very poor performance compared to specs boughtiops

database driven company so need decent IO hardware.

IT / Security Consultant
(Myself Only)

"Awesome Service with Great Pricing"

What do you like best?

The value. For a single person company operating on a budget, SSDNodes excels in supporting the little guys without hindering options.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything negative to say. :)

I use SSDNodes to run remote support and to run network support.

AI

"SSDNode Awesome Service"

What do you like best?

I like how responsive SSDNode is when I have a question or problem. They are easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! They are great. I have been very happy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

USE THEM, YOU'LL BE HAPPY

Cloud hosting our applications and databases.

AI

"I joined for the price, but stayed for the service"

What do you like best?

Support is responsive, friendly and helpful. The service is rock solid - not so much as a blip since I joined in Feb 2017.Even better, they are constantly improving their offerings.

What do you dislike?

They haven't implemented magical admin fairies to handle migrating my apps to my larger VPS yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a go. I think you'll be happy.

We are running Atlassian tools for our startup on SSD Nodes (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo) as well as our VPN.

AC

"Excellent features/services for a great low price!"

What do you like best?

I've compared dozens of cloud/VPS/VM services and no one compares to SSDNodes. The amount of features you get for the price is awesome. No one so far has come close.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I've never had a problem, there's never been any downtime (that I didn't cause myself) and the support team was top notch.

My own server with cPanel installed.

SSD Nodes Features

9.4
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.8*
* Online Backup Category
Do you work for SSD Nodes?

SSD Nodes Categories on G2