Square Payments Reviews & Product Details

Board of Directors
What do you like best?

Simple to utilize and a phenomenal retail location installment handling framework. The best thing about square is presumably the convenience with it. It's so natural for me to see exchanges for a time span and with so a wide range of channels, I need to check every day between the various workplaces on the payments. I additionally like how adaptable it is with the catches you can include and in any event, adding notes to every installment to follow explicit subtleties on the off chance that we need them. Square Payments have permitted me to effortlessly send solicitations and get paid from my customers on schedule. The entirety of my solicitations look extraordinary and I have never had an issue tolerating payments or accepting stores. Store speed is marvelous, and stock choices are bounty. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The expense of appointing with an incorporation in a web stage is fairly exorbitant, it charges you for each help just as including it’s invoicing. Commonly when client go onto the application, it logs them off. Its arrangement is fairly exhausting since it has numerous alternatives and data to enter, the In spite of the fact that it is just three percent in addition to extra contingent upon the installment type it actually cuts into the gross of every business net benefit. There are a couple of unobtrusive subtleties in thing creation and stock modifier sets that are not exactly instinctive. Client needs to round out his name, email, telephone and MasterCard each and every time arrangement is reserved. That is irritating and enough to control even the most steadfast clients away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Like how perfect and expert the program looked on iPad screens. It was extremely simple for everybody to explore and discover data quick. It has its own foundation with a magnificent arrangement of items, you can likewise make your own stock to introduce your items, it has a simple portability since the stock will consistently be close enough for your advanced mobile phone, interestingly, can likewise actualize this framework installment to own foundation and brings similar advantages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Square Payments Overview

What is Square Payments?

Square works for every business.

Square Payments Details

Square works for every business.

Square
$1,708
@Square
5,694 employees on LinkedIn®
Answer a few questions to help the Square Payments community
Have you used Square Payments before?

Square Payments Reviews

Showing 108 Square Payments reviews
Already have Square Payments?
Open Discussions in Square Payments
Office Manager
What do you like best?

The ease of use is a plus, yet also includes higher functionality of reporting, analyzing trends, variety of options to accept payment (invoice, credit card reader, point of sale virtual payment) and the company takes a much lower percentage of transactions than most other competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Have yet to identify an aspect I dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are profiting more from each transaction and easily managing our collections, which allows us to analyze our business' production to collection ratio and effectiveness of our policies and procedures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director
What do you like best?

We really love using Square Payments because as a nonprofit organization, we make a lot of our funding through fundraising events. Having a mobile option to take payments on the spot is absolutely massive for us to get the funding for our scholarship program and beyond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I recognize that Square definitely has to make money, but I genuinely wish that there were a way to apply as a nonprofit so that there were less taxes taken out of each donation that we get through the program. We end up paying a lot in fees every year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely think Square is worth a try if you are a business or nonprofit looking to take mobile payments. I haven't tried a lot of the other options on the market, admittedly, but I've had a really great experience working with Square and using their system to take payments during events smoothly. I also have had to hand off our Square to other volunteers during events, and they have had a lot of years of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're solving the problem of needing to take mobile payments. The benefits are definitely being able to use a system that a lot of folks are comfortable with using, and also the ease and quickness of the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IM
What do you like best?

The quick and easy way to set up a Square account is easy, once you set up several service options in the application, simply click on a button to load the pre-set payment options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

higher fees are paid to store customer cards on the other hand The emails that Square sends to customers were also less confidential, as they included the name of my company in the message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One positive aspect of my colleagues who make use of it is that the customer service is excellent, attention should be paid to the disconnection of the data cable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For occasional payments if you do not want to store an archived customer card, since the rates are competitive for this type of payment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

We don't have to invest a significant amount of money in order to get the Square system and running. I feel that square has a good selection of tools that allows many types of businesses to accept payments for a wide range of products and services. It's very flexible regardless of which direction any business plans to go. I like that it doesn't take long for even newer users to be able to get quick bank transfers done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Square has been a good internet-based payment solution and I haven't really had any adverse issues dealing with them yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can activate Square with many popular shopping cart software or use one of the default shopping carts within Square itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can give our customers an alternate way to pay aside from checks and cash. Square is a reputable company, so when people see that we're offering Square as a payment solution, it allows customers to trust our company more and makes leads more likely to complete a transaction online with us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Licensed Massage Therapist
What do you like best?

I love that I can easily and quickly accept payments for my business. It’s affordable with no monthly fees. I can easily deposit the money into my bank quickly and even quicker for a small extra fee which I don’t always do but if needed it is an extra helpful option. I also like that I can save clients credit card info to reserve appointments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they’re going up on their fee. It’s not the end of the world but I just don’t like when prices rise. But it’s apart of business. I just hope that they keep staying affordable without monthly fees and don’t change to much of a good thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you’re not accepting credit/debit as payment you’re doing business wrong. Set yourself up with a Square account today and get your reader. You will see your profits rise and if your business can accept tips you will see those profits rise as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am easily and securely accepting payments from clients. I also love the tip screen that prompts them, I have noticed a lot more people tip this way.. which has helped me profit more for my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Financial Manager
What do you like best?

The best thing about square is probably just the ease of use with it. It's so easy for me to see transactions for a time period and with so many different filters, I have to check daily between the different offices on the payments. I also like how customizable it is with the buttons you can add and even adding on notes to each payment to track specific details if we need them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't sign in from one account and then basically easily switch between locations, we use 2-3 different "locations" in each of our offices to accept payments for 3 different providers and each time, we have to completely log back out and log back in, I wish there was an easier way because it happens alllll the time that payments are taken for the wrong provider. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't know that there's any problems that we are able to solve with square necessarily but like I said, it's an easy platform for anyone to use, I can train a staff member to use Square quickly and they will pick it up quick! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Square Payments have allowed me to EASILY send invoices and get paid from my clients on time. All of my invoices look great and I have never had an issue accepting payments or receiving deposits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the instant deposit fee wasn't so high. I understand the extra charge, but it sure puts a damper on things when a sale comes through and I need the funds right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Square Payments gets the job done. It is easy to set up, easy to use, looks and feels professional. They have standard % processing fees and plenty of easy integrations that I'm not even fully taking advantage of yet... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't need to design, save, fill in, save, send, and wait on my own invoices anymore! Square's design is professional, accessible, and clear; really everything you need in a payment processor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Easy to use and an excellent point of sale payment processing system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The backend is not as advanced as other online payment processors and it isn't as inuitive or easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great point of sale online payment processing system. It is great to use for products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We mainly only use Square for international clients as we sometimes run into difficulty with using PayPal for international payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I love that Square has made it very easy to take payments online for your business by sending out Invoices that allow your clients to pay with their information. They also showcase a unique dashboard that allows you to view your sales, and revenue for the term (ie Month, Quarter, Day). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the processing fee, while it is small all those pennies add up at the end of the year, it's like another tax just to do business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're on edge with choosing a credit card processor, square is pretty much hassle free and includes once a day instant deposits for 1%. It's a great tool to handle work and makes it very easy to do business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Square, they have allowed us to take payments via credit card/ debit card. Allowing to appeal to another audience that doesn't prefer to pay with cash or check. They have also made it very easy to manage our finances and directly import that data into quickbooks! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I don't know where to start with Square. It's helpful, it's efficient, you're able to use it at the drop of a hat even setting up a new employee's app on their phone... it just has it all. I would recommend it to anyone entrepreneurial who needs a convenient and inexpensive POS system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can legitimately say I do not dislike anything about Square that I've seen. Granted, I've not used every aspect of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend this for any business. It's entirely versatile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Square allows the dozens of locations that our stand sets up to have a POS system that can connect and be used by any employee. It still has manual entry so if the card reader doesn't work the card can still be entered, and it processes quickly. The email receipts and ease of searching for transactions for returns are also very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner / Admin & Marketing Manager
Mental Health Care
What do you like best?

I love using Square as a technology tool for my business. I use several features including the ability to take payment, issue invoice and receive payments, and even the virtual terminal for taking payments in the office. I like that it automates several back office functions including sending out invoice reminders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that loyalty programs could be tied to gift cards. One of my programs is a paid member benefits programs. I would love it if I could tie loyalty points to this card. Unfortunately when the card balance reaches zero, the loyalty program closes; therefore, I create a unique program that does not rely points. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend using square to accept payments. You also have the ability to manage employee use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to take payment easily anywhere I want. People can go to my website to load their ride pass card values. I love how square integrates with Jotfom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team Member
What do you like best?

I like the Square Payments app. It is easy to use and functions properly. There are no bugs, and it updates your payments on the app relatively quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no real complaints about Square Payments. One thing I don't lile is the lack of customization features on the app itself. Other than that, this is overall an amazing system to use for your payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the app rather than the website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the issue of lost paychecks and misinformation by using Square Payments. Everything is digital and up to date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Compliance Officer CCCO
What do you like best?

i can get my payments easily. i have no issues with anything at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

i have found nothing to dislike about this service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an easy payment processing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

getting my payments accurately and efficiently Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Travel Agent
What do you like best?

It has its own platform with an excellent portfolio of products, you can also create your own stock to present your products, it has a very easy mobility since the stock will always be within reach of your smart phone, the incredible thing is that you can also implement this system payment to your own platforms and brings the same benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost of commissioning with an integration in a web platform is somewhat costly, it charges you for each service as well as including the invoicing of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is essential to have a payment platform, for that it is always better to use the safest than to provide more than one payment option Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The payments are automated and it assures me the sales of each product in my stock, it saves me time regarding the presentation of invoices and contact as it is all automated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Title Clerk
What do you like best?

I like how the payment processing is streamlined and to the point. Reports and records are simple to assess and greatly facilitate accounting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I personally don't dislike anything about Square payments Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

After much research and my first-hand experience with Square payments, I can genuinely say that I don't see any other payment processing system that could be of greater benefit to a business. Simplicity at its finest, while also being effective and thorough. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It takes the headache out of many accounting details with how simple it is to set up, implement, and generate reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Square has an absolute ton of features. You can use all the popular payment types (apple pay, google pay, android pay, tap-to-pay credit cards, all credit card types) and also is enabled with a chip reader for extra security. I used this at both a restaurant and paddleboard shop I worked at, and it is VERY useful in showing data/analytics about sales. You can compare and contrast in many different customizable ways and also set up the screen to ring up customers in whatever way you like (in a list, in groups, with pictures, without pictures, etc.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about this software, it's very good. I have heard my boss say how it is on the more expensive side a few times, but it's becoming an industry standard so there's not much one can do about that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Train your employees well on this software. It can be easy to get caught up in the details of the refunds/gift card section of the software (because there are lots of options which is awesome) but if you train your employees to know EVERYTHING it should run very smoothly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Square makes it a lot easier to see sales data/analytics. This is very useful for future product ordering, marketing, creating sales/deals, etc. Also, you can clock in/clock out with an extension of this app so it's easy for the business owner to tall hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

This software is so efficient especially with jobs. Recently, I began working at a local boba shop that pays through Square Payments. They have ways to manage your payments and to simply transfer your money to your bank directly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Many times when I go onto the app, it logs me off. This inconsistency is definitely something that should be fixed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is great for many companies through a wide spectrum Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is now easier to transfer money to my bank account directly. My previous job paid through check and it was always a hassle to have to go to the bank to directly deposit the check into my account. Instead, this is online and easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Viajes de Freitas Designer
What do you like best?

It is incredible the options for the methods of payment that this application has, its systems allows you to create a market online without worrying about having a buying problem in your section since it provides all the necessary tools as well as the Square Point for have payments by cards and the security to enter any personal data of yours is of very good quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its configuration is somewhat arduous since it has many options and information to enter, the Square Point is somewhat limited and only accepts a card limit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a market, it would be very useful to have a record in the square system and to promote any visit to your store. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Take my market to the most modern networks and online market, commercialize in different areas without worrying about the transaction of my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I love that it’s so easy to check out. They send you a device to make it easy to swipe cards. It’s so easy and reliable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no downside to square. They are so amazing you must try this. You would never go back to anything before this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The app helps check out be faster and reliable. I love it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I love using Square because it’s so easy to create and edit my own prices and items. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that it needs internet to be able to work. When our internet goes out (which happens, even if rarely), we can only have cash purchases or open up a tab and allow the customer to pay later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are loving how it allows us to customize whatever we need, because our food menu is really open to variations. I’ve realized the user-friendliness of Square, as well as it allowing us to increase our sales with the use of Apple Pay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
Media Production
What do you like best?

The ease of use, costs, and the ability to have money instantly deposited and available for use by using a linked debit card which contribute to the overall satisfaction with the Square payment processing system. The interface is easy and intuitive to use and offers a great many options for convenience and tracking your customer base as well as finances Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't for the life of me figure out any negative aspects for this payment processing system--it just works and works great. Could be less fees when using the Instant transfer options. My only real concern would be security when using my mobile device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For a reliable and competitive payment processing system with no hassles, no hidden fees, and great customer service, Square cannot be beat! It has tools for tracking expenses as well as income and allows for other useful undertakings, such as email collections and mailings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Taking payments from customers who do not carry or wish to use cash. This allows payments to be made instantly on site using my phone or other device as well as using with our company mainframe to track collections, spending, customer database and even customer emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/ Head Coach
Professional Training & Coaching
What do you like best?

It provides an easy way to accept payment via credit cards online and in person. This way I can send an invoice out to a client and have them pay online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fees are not that great. Although it is only three percent plus extra depending on the payment type it still cuts into the gross of each business gross profit. If there was a way to make these fees lower that would be of great service to small business owners like myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for an easy way to process payments quickly and effectively you have found your software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mainly convenient payment options to receive money in a variety of ways. Using the swipe option in person is pretty cool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Designer
What do you like best?

I love that Square is so easy to use that I can hand my POS to a friend who is helping with my business for a day, and not have to go through an entire training session for them to be able to assist me with sales. Deposit speed is awesome, and inventory options are plenty. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few subtle nuances in item creation and inventory modifier sets that are less than intuitive but honestly I have very few complaints about Square. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely use the Square POS and item grid/inventory systems to make your life easier! Every business I've used Square with has benefitted from these aspects.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was previously using a system that did not provide good customer support, reliable hardware, or easy transfers to outside banks. Square fixed all of that for me and normally I don't even need support because it just works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I like how clean and professional the program looked on our iPad screens. It was very easy for everyone to navigate and find information fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the system would freeze and unable process payments. This only happened few times but I still stand by choosing square payments Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My advice is to take advantage of every feature because it’s more detailed and organized than most programs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like how I can pull up information 24 hours prior and compare my profits. Also the tipping feature solved our issue of conviniency because not everyone carries around cash. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.