Square Invoices Reviews & Product Details

AF

"Simplest way to invoice"

What do you like best?

A few clicks, description and off it goes.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t been swayed by anything as of yet

Localised services. One stop shop instead of different methods for payment and shopping.

What is Square Invoices?

Square Invoices is a software that offers sellers an easy and affordable way to get paid faster, send invoices from mobile device or computer.

Square Invoices Profile Details

1-25 of 35 total Square Invoices reviews

Square Invoices Reviews

1-25 of 35 total Square Invoices reviews

"Square invoices"

What do you like best?

I liked that it was an option to invoice a client from afar to have them pay for a gift they're giving, when they couldn't come into office to pay.

What do you dislike?

I did not like that I couldn't mark the invoice as PAID via cash or check. I would like that option for places that prefer to write a check but still need an invoice for their business side.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are needing a payment solution for long-distance clients or customers, this is a very efficient avenue that I have found personally beneficial for my business.

Again, it provided me an avenue to receive payment from someone that lives in another area of the state (long distance) and they could make a payment for a gift they're giving to someone who lives local to me. It makes it very convenient to assure all three parties involved have the necessities for the transactions.

"Quickest Way To get Paid"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of service with this feature. It completely changes the way you look at receiving online payments. Once an invoice is sent you receive a notification and the second it is paid , you receive another notification and you are instantly credited for the amount received. I love how quickly you can send invoices on the go. The mobile invoicing feature is also a plus because you do not even have to be at your computer to get paid.

What do you dislike?

The invoicing fee is different than the regular card swipe fee. It is a bit higher but honestly gaining more money overall is always a plus. You can send these for anyone you can't physically reach otherwise so you can have virtual clients or out of state clientele and still receive payment which expands your business and overall sales goals.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Refer your friends, family and network to receive over $1,000 in free credit card processing for six months. Quickest way to avoid any type of fees. You then get to keep 100% of your profits.

We solved a payment issue with out of state clients. We had goods we were sending to people that lived all over the country and it's great to know all your customer needs is an email address, which almost everyone has now, and a credit card, and you can gain a new sale.

Business Support Specialist, O&AE Operations
Hospital & Health Care

"Making Small Business life easy!"

What do you like best?

It couldn’t be easier to invoice clients- from the simplest order to an order with twenty different items! The ease of doing it online and mobile makes taking care of invoices so easy! The interface of the app makes sending an invoice via mobile simple- I can send it to a client while I’m standing there with them & don’t have to worry about doing it later. It’s easy to see on the app if your invoice has been viewed & send reminders too.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes notifications are wonky- I can cancel an invoice and select NOT to notify the client and they still get the notification. Same for the initial email- occasionally clients don’t receive them.

Invoicing clients became a breeze once I started using Square, and made it easy for long distance clients to pay online without having to worry about using some random company. Because of this, order amounts have gone up- no one has to mail checks!

Owner
Restaurants

"Professional Time Saver"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to schedule invoices for our catering clients, saving our team a lot of time every month. I like too that I can track everything in one spot and that I'm notified when a client has paid.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot input a delivery address because I use Square Invoices for our catering delivery business. Therefore, I have to put the delivery address and time in the notes section of the invoice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can schedule all of your invoices at one time and control when you want your customers to receive them, creating flexibility so you can focus on running your day-to-day business. The invoices are professional looking and setting them up is very easy. The online processing rate is very competitive and the service is free.

Storing our catering invoices all in one place. The benefits include time saving, tracking, mobile generated, professional looking and competitive credit card processing rate.

UP

"Fast and easy"

What do you like best?

I like that the invoice system allows you to email your customer. This saves on postage and paper. You can quickly send your invoice through email and receive payment. I also like that it saves customer names into Square so you can re-issue another invoice if needed.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it does not allow space for you to write a physical address. Also a lot of businesses have multiple departments working on invoices and sponsorships so it would be better to mail a physical invoice over rather than email it to an individual. I do not like that Square takes a fee if customers pay their invoice.

When using Square Invoices, we realized staff is much more quickly able to send invoices to clients.

Business Owner
Cosmetics

"Great product"

What do you like best?

I like best that I am able to send invoices to all my customers in a simple and easy manner and everything is in one place

What do you dislike?

I wish I were able to add my contract to the invoice instead of having to send it separately to the client. To many emails makes clients work harder and that is not what I want and it’s definitely not what they want.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perfect for business and accepting credit cards, invoices everything you need in one place. I can send an invoice or take a payment on the spot with my square app and swiper

Invoicing, payment, pricing, scheduling, booking

Community Administrator

"Invoices made easy"

What do you like best?

Square invoices is a great tool for sending customers invoices and collecting payments. You can send invoices via desktop or the app. You can customize the invoice, use default language and more. It's so awesome!

What do you dislike?

I have nothing bad to say about square invoicing. It has proven to be a great and effective tool in my business. I have even recommended it to other business owners who love it just as much as I do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get It! You won't be disappointed. Sending out invoices sometime require a dedicated staffer to do so. Not anymore. It's so easy it can be done anywhere.

I can invoice at the office, on the train, in my down time or evern while a client is standing before me. It has made invoicing not so much a choree or grunge work. It truly is a lifesaver.

Co Owner
Apparel & Fashion

"Invoicing via Square"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to create and send an invoice. You can store addresses for future use, add notes, etc. The invoice itself is clean, easy to read, and easy for the customer to pay. You receive an email when the invoice is sent, and another when the invoice has been paid. Money from your square account can be deposited into a bank account (automatically) the next-day for free. (Instant deposits are available for 1% of deposited amount.)

What do you dislike?

Processing fees - but they are unavoidable. For invoices the fee is 2.9% + $0.30 compared to keyed-in cards which is 3.5% + $0.15.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Square Invoices is very easy to use, and has an updated, clean look. While we haven't needed much support, when we have had questions they have been very prompt and helpful! Also, being a consistent customer has it perks - they often involve you in promotions (like free processing for $1000 in sales) or free chip-readers.

Rather than keeping cards on file (which we would charge through the square app anyway) you can have the customer pay at their leisure. With so much credit card fraud and the subsequent changing of card numbers, it is hard to keep active cards on file. Rather than trying to track down the customer for an updated card number, it is easier to just send them an invoice so they can pay when they have a chance. Less work for both parties.

"A great way to bill clients"

What do you like best?

If you need to take deposits or you don't want to take the risk of credit card fraud send an invoice electronically.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it's great it actually will even allow a client to save their credit card information if desired. You being the end user does not see this credit card information.

Saves me the risk of writing down a credit card number. Takes the responsibility off of mewhen a client calls and wants to give me their credit card over the phone I tell them I will just send them an invoice and they can fill it out themselves with their credit card number.

Finance Consultant

"Easy and Efficient for Customers and Businesses"

What do you like best?

The platform is so easy it is almost self-explanatory. I often have customers tell me how easy it was to pay our invoice -- I don't tell them how easy it is to create those invoices.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not really found any downside to the service or software.

For small businesses who don't have the volume to use other POS or online merchant gateways for credit card processing, this package gives the benefit of low-cost transactions and quick, simple payment. And the ability to have funds directly transferred into your bank is super handy.

"Square invoices to keep organized"

What do you like best?

Square invoices helps me itemize and charge businesses for my product and helps me keep track of who has paid and who hasn't. Helps give me an easy way to total up item purchases.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dont like. It helps me greatly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it. It it good for staying organized.

At the end of the year during tax time it's easy for me to see what sales tax has been paid so I can figure out our sales tax payment for the state in that calendar year.

Business Owner
Cosmetics

"simply invoices sent via email"

What do you like best?

Sending invoices is quick and easy. You only need clients email address to sent it it also aloud tipping with is a good option. Client can pay from there computer and its simple and secure

What do you dislike?

I wish they would add an option to send invoices via txt message for people to pay on their phone

Recommendations to others considering the product:

this is a great tool in square

if clients have friends paying for them we can sent invoice that can be paid online

Construction Contract Administration Section Supervisor

"Invoices are Great"

What do you like best?

A great way to send an invoice to my out of state clients and allowing them to have an option to pay by credit/debit card.

What do you dislike?

The fee is a bit high. You will pay a bit more than the 2.75% swipe fee of using a credit card swiper.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great product, just watch the fees.

I can obtain payment much quicker and have it in my bank account the next day.

"A peace of mind experience"

What do you like best?

The information that I can include in my invoices is a huge help to keep my clients informed and maintain their trust in my services.

What do you dislike?

Due to the type of profession I am in, there is additional work I have in providing insurance based invoices to my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great resource and provides effective and efficient reporting of services and products.

Providing services to individuals outside of my office is now easier because I can send a square invoice and have confidence I will be paid.

"Easy to use but difficult to get detailed info on sales"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use both from my phone and on my computer. We have it on our website homepage and on paperwork at our entrance so people can scan the QR code.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer being able to do a monthly sweep of money into our bank account (like paypal) or do an immediate deposit without being charged extra. We have trouble tying out our monthly reports because of the delay. We also had an issue where someone donated $1000 to us and because of a miscommunication in our office, the money was refunded to them. We don't send items out like a traditional business so it would be great if we didn't have to do that extra 'send receipt' or whatever it is to trigger the money to get put into the bank. I also would like details of the purchaser on the initial transaction payment e-mail.

It allows us to charge cards for people who walk in to our office rather than writing down their info and using paypal. It allows people to scan the QR code outside our office if they want to purchase a daily pass. It will allow us to take contributions during our annual fundraising event. These are all huge benefits for us as a non-profit arboretum.

Owner
Photography
(Myself Only)

"Love Square Invoices!"

What do you like best?

Square Invoices are so easy to generate and send to clients. Emails are received automatically when an invoice is paid too, so it makes tracking very simple. Clients love the invoices because they are professional looking and easy to understand, plus a receipt is automatically generated to them as well. Invoices is easy to learn, even for the newest of business owners.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Square Invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Square Invoices are great for any business! It's simple and has a clean layout which is easy to read and implement.

Square Invoices help keep things simple and organized for my business. I love that I can see all my invoices and track payments, print receipts, etc.

UR

"A great program if you already use Square systems for retail"

What do you like best?

With Square invoices, I appreciate the fact that everything is connected and/or integrated with my Square retail unit, allowing me to create invoices seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any serious issues with Square Invoices, but businesses who do not already use Square for their retail management may find it pointless to use.

Some issues that have been resolved on my end have been having to look up customer or business information and entering it into a software on my PC, and my PC would not save the client's information each time, nor remind me of open invoices. Square reminds me of what needs to be paid in to my business and helps me remember with ease.

CEO
Management Consulting

"Has matched our needs well, customer support has been great"

What do you like best?

We needed the ability to bill clients for stuff that could not be put in a shopping cart, and Square did that for us. We do not use a web store - we manually enter invoices, and for that it's the best.

What do you dislike?

Interface can be a little clumsy - took some getting used to, and when we have to do something we have not done before it can b hard to find.

As noted, we don't use a store or shopping cart - we manually enter invoices - not sure any other credit card handlers do that.

Photographer
Photography

"Square is easy to use and client friendly"

What do you like best?

I love the easy interface and how it’s just self explanatory how everything works.

What do you dislike?

There’s nothing I dislike! It would be great if there was a way of sending contracts through square as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely try it out! It’s much more reliable than other invoice programs.

Square has made it easier to request payments from my clients in a professional manner, without any fuss.

(10,001+ employees)

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Just like the square app, square invoices is very easy and convenient.

What do you dislike?

I can’t really say there is much i dislike about it.

It’s very to send invoices instead of trying to get customers card information from them

President
Design

"Fantastically simple"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to get an invoice sent out (and paid!) quickly with Square Invoices.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had a single issue using Square Invoices to date (2+years of use.)

Before this software, I was manually making PDF invoices and had no way to easily and quickly accept payment online from my clients. Now, my time spent on invoicing each month is drastically reduced, and I get payments easier and faster.

UR

"Simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I liked that it is simple and easy to use. I also like that it can be customized to include my logo.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app could be a little better. Wish you could create and use templates on the app

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Def worth looking into, especially if just starting out and learning what your business needs.

Since my business is fairly new, it solves the problem of me having to create everything from scratch with limited experience. Def easy for first time users.

UP

"Easily customizable "

What do you like best?

I can customize each invoice to the specific needs of my customers. From adding files, to adding descriptions to adding custom items like shipping. I know each customer will be understand their invoice.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t quite branched out into utilizing the tax feature. Because I am reimbursing myself for having already paid product tax, I sometimes offer products tax free.

Using Square Invoices allows me to collect payment from customers at a time that works for them.

AF

"Totally worth using this invoice"

What do you like best?

That it's super easy to use even for people that are not so tech savvy. It's simple to click the mouse on the line and fill your invoice out.

What do you dislike?

That you can't auto fill. Most other business's have that option.

It keeps all my paperwork in one place.

AC

"Great"

What do you like best?

Square invoices are very simple to use and the fees are lower than any other invoicing system I've used previously.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is there's no place for customers to add their address for shipping, unless it's a mistake I've made.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I use several invoicing systems and Square is my favorite.

I'm able to invoice customers and get more of the money than with other invoicing systems.

Square Invoices User Ratings

9.5
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.1*
* Other Finance & Admin. Category
Do you work for Square Invoices?

Square Invoices Categories on G2