Square for Retail Reviews & Product Details

Consultative Sales
Retail
What do you like best?

It is super user friendly - my church has used the product for selling different products at events and it has been super helpful. It makes taking payments extremely easy at events where we cannot use a computer. Many people do not carry around cash today so it makes your company or organization modern and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only part from what I seen is the price to use the product. The product works extremely well so I really didn't see or have many issues with it. Maybe if more people start to use it the price will start to come down. I have also heard of people not liking the transaction fee associated with using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great product if you are trying to find a way to take payments at events where computer access is limited. It is professional and definitely gets the job done so I highly recommend it. It is a little pricey to use but it is worth the money in my opinion. Professionalism is highly valued with customers and this will make you feel professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use square space as a solution to speeding up purchases at events and make it professional and safe. It's simple design makes it user-friendly for customers as well as us using the product. IIt also is great bc it produces a receipt for customers to send to their email. t's a great solution to be professional in any setting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Square for Retail Overview

What is Square for Retail?

The Square for Retail POS system is a full point-of-sale solution for retail stores that offers a new suite of intelligent tools, from tracking sales and inventory to rich analytics. Square for Retail features advanced inventory management, COGS and profit margin reporting, deeper customer engagement, employee management and new point of sale app purpose built for Retail. Find out everything Square for Retail offers at Square.com/Retail

Square for Retail Details

Square's new retail point of sale solution features advanced inventory management software, a free online store, next-day deposits, & more.

Square is the most simple one stop shop for managing everything a Retail business needs. On top of a brand new point of sale app, full inventory management support, purchase orders, vendor management, and COGS reporting, Square sellers always get clear pricing, fast deposits, and no surprise fees. Square sellers also have access to all the other business products Square provides such as Capital, Loyalty, and Payroll.

Square
$1,708
@Square
5,694 employees on LinkedIn®

Square for Retail Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Square for Retail community
Have you used Square for Retail before?

Square for Retail Reviews

Showing 52 Square for Retail reviews
Already have Square for Retail?
Business Owner
UR
What do you like best?

square for retail is a sales software of high professionalism and functionality, the service is designed to boost the sales of businesses and reduce costs through its system that optimizes the operation of the work of users. the service allows from controlling inventory, manage bar codes to run fast sales, maintain control of all goods that enter, it really is a very complete system. square for retail is a platform that provides easy access through the cloud and its mobile application, an advantage that makes the difference of this software compared to others is that it is both easy to implement and use, its cost provides much profitability for much, in conclusion I can define this service as a brilliant and productive platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its free version has many limitations and does not allow beginners to fully understand the operation of the square for retail system. The mobile application has sometimes given me false alarms of inadequate functions, but in general I can say that this software works very well and I have almost no complaints to contribute, since in our business we have met much of our objectives thanks to this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend square for retail with great confidence, as it is a potential software that we have used for over two years and the experience it has provided us has been fantastic, is a very profitable platform for any business for its low cost, is very easy to use and implement, I recommend it because I can say very firmly that in a very short time you will see improvements in business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

square for retail is our main system for inventory management and sales that are executed in our store, the service has allowed us to improve the capabilities to streamline more sales in a shorter time and increase our labor productivity massively. square for retail is a solution that came to our business at the time we needed it most because we were previously presented with serious deficiencies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

I liked working with Square every step of the way. From the initial contact to learn more about their fit for our Shop to ordering the hardware and software needed. Olivia was my rep with Square and she was fantastic.

Square for Retail is super easy to use and the graphs used in the reports are wonderful and a great tool to have for a snap look at trends. The POS itself is very intuitive and easy to train workers of all ages on (our workers range from 30 to 70 years old--all learned the system in less than a day). The customers all like it from their end as well. From back of office to front of office, Square for Retail is easy to use and not overtly complicated (unlike our last POS software). We're glad we made the switch and went with Square. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unlike our previous system we could manually change the price, but we cannot do this with Square for Register. So, we had to create a new item for the items on sale. For example, we had 2 styles of a product and only one was on sale. Since they used the same SKU, we just manually changed the price in the old system. However, creating a new item and SKU was very easy to do with Square for Retail. So, it was a minor nuisance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cleaner inventory and inventory controls. Light years beyond our old system. I also love that we can set low stock alerts. Saves me a lot of time and helps me remember to order what's needed! Issues with closing are no longer a problem as it's literally 2 steps with Square for Retail (print the sales report and then count the cash drawer). Same with opening the Shop. Our old system made this overly complicated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
What do you like best?

I am amazed at how friendly and simple the interface of this software is, very easy to handle, even from the first moment I started using it, I did not know it and it was explaining and taking me step by step, allowing me to take control of my business in just minutes I own a small business and it's amazing how this program adapts very well, being ready to work at any time, even using it from my iPhone allows me to understand the whole movement of my staff.

I can say that I like this program a lot because it allows me to accept payments efficiently and very easily, thus facilitating the transfers of my clients and storing all their information in the cloud in a secure manner. Once the customer pays the system he automatically sends the receipt of his purchase by mail and text message, thus saving me the use of paper and collaborating with it with the environment.

Using this software has been making me feel protected from the use of the means of payment with the credit card is fast and efficient with results that are not seen with other systems such as Square for retail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some things that I do not like very much about this system, however, they are not relevant things that can make me change my mind and that I have faith that in the future they will improve it, for example, during the workday, I notice how the system Some errors like giving the product information, even so I could notify with the technical support team and they resolved these details a little and they keep track of my case.

Another thing that I do not like is the purchase price which, if it seemed a little high for me, also does not seem to me that the commissions for transactions made with the system are economical, I really hope that these points improve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend purchasing this software since you will undoubtedly take your small business to a professional level where it is highly valued by customers, you can easily synchronize it with your bank or PayPal account and when you want you can make backup copies in case you have an accident with the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can honestly say that using this software has improved the productivity of my business, since it allows to accelerate the purchasing process in a safe and professional way, and this aspect is almost not seen with other systems.

The interface is a luxury because its simple design allows me to use it without much advanced knowledge in this type of applications. I really believe that Square retail can adapt to any type of market and it is worth having it despite its price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Retail Manager
What do you like best?

The item is super friendly,easy customization and uniquely crafted to our specific needs. I can say that I like this program a lot since it empowers me to recognize portions capably and in all regards successfully, along these lines empowering the trades of my clients and securing the sum of their information in the cloud in an ensured manner. At the point when the customer pays the structure he thusly sends the receipt of his purchase by means of mail and text, consequently saving me the usage of paper and cooperating with it with the earth. Using this item has been making me feel protected from the use of the strategies for portion with the charge card is fast and viable with results that are not seen with various structures. Putting away client data has been useful likewise with respect to messaging/messaging their receipts to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't care for the amount it costs per credit card exchange. I trust it ought to be less expensive to store cards and auto-run, as it guarantees business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are going in the privilege direction...everything refreshes and they're tuning in to their client base. This product will without a doubt take your business to an expert dimension where it is exceptionally esteemed by clients, you can undoubtedly synchronize it with your bank or PayPal account and when you need you can make reinforcement duplicates in the event that you have a mishap with the framework. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Square for Retail in observing any stock irregularities. Easy to recognize card portions wherever at whatever point with feature rich adaptable/helpful application. Square Retail is our motivation of offer and extras us time. It unraveled our card handling issue and it was a sound answer for our business. We cherish the convenience and client administration is in every case cordial and accommodating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Retail Manager
What do you like best?

The product is super friendly,easy customization and custom-made to our particular needs. I can say that I like this program a great deal since it enables me to acknowledge installments proficiently and in all respects effectively, subsequently encouraging the exchanges of my customers and putting away the entirety of their data in the cloud in a protected way. When the client pays the framework he consequently sends the receipt of his buy via mail and instant message, subsequently sparing me the utilization of paper and working together with it with the earth. Utilizing this product has been making me feel shielded from the utilization of the methods for installment with the charge card is quick and effective with results that are not seen with different frameworks, for example, Square for retail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The expense of utilizing administration is somewhat high yet it is justified, despite all the trouble for it serves our requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an extraordinary item in the event that you are attempting to figure out how to take installments at occasions where PC get to is restricted. It is proficient and certainly takes care of business so I exceedingly suggest it. Polished skill is very esteemed with clients and this will make you feel proficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Utilizing this product has improved our efficiency, permitting us quicken the obtaining procedure in a sheltered and expert way which is nearly not seen with different frameworks. It has helped us track our clients, stay aware of shopping patterns inside our store and facilitate the look at procedure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AW
What do you like best?

Fast set up, reporting, inventory, purchase orders, fast interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is a bit basic. It is internet based, so if you internet goes down, you are out of the system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

POS, Inventory, Purchase Orders, Tax Collections, Reporting, Remote Monitoring, Ticket Management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Retail Specialist
What do you like best?

Utilizing Square is amazingly simple, straightforward, and proficient. It is totally exceptional to have the capacity to email and content receipts for clients naturally. The installment apparatuses and items are totally intended for profitable quick deals with Visa and essentially any variant or card structure is acknowledged. Extremely protected, quick and simple with results you'll be happy with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Other than, the usefulness and POS UI it's incredibly basic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Square is extraordinary! Our deals have expanded utilizing this administration. It's anything but difficult to utilize and set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We utilize Square for Retail in monitoring any stock inconsistencies. Simple to acknowledge card installments anyplace whenever with highlight rich versatile/convenient application. Square Retail is our purpose of offer and spares us time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Photographer
Health, Wellness and Fitness
What do you like best?

I like the simplicity, the consistency..and the connection points that are so easy to send to: myself, my accountant, my clients, other programs. It links directly to my tax programs.

I also like that it's usable across so many devices. It's user face looks exactly the same across all of them. This makes a huge difference when utilizing technology...especially when I'm always in a crunch for time and extra hands. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how much it costs per credit card transaction. I believe it should be cheaper to store cards and auto-run, as it assures business. I lose more to store cards. It's almost better for me to ask people to pay in cash on the regular.

The only other thing that I don't like it some of it's busy-ness in the stats areas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are headed in the right direction...everything updates and they're listening to their customer base. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's simply convenient that I could set up the program overnight...or even in a few minutes. I appreciate the user interface, it's intuitive. It's also simply enough or my clients to pay and utilize.

I really appreciate that they took a survey about improvement of software. With that improvement inquisition, they then changed their invoicing systems and it's currently more convenient. The improvement was allowing us to make one time invoices--into recurring invoices. This was both my suggestion and has made such a difference in convenience of use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Use Square daily in the store I manage. Extremely easy to use. Customers are familiar and comfortable with it. Extremely easy to do so many necessary tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that employees could see their total hours worked easily at the clock in screen Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Streamlined software for multiple tasks takes a lot of guesswork out. I can do so much through my dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Love the convenience of using the square reader! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fee for using the reader and transfers are a little expensive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to reach more customers with accepting this form of payment! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that they have their own hardware or you can use standalone. The software can easily customized and tailored to your specific needs, simple easy to use screen makes transactions simple. I also really appreciate the option to email or text the receipt. This allows for everything to be green and sustainable. Also, the plug in for my electronics is so small and portable. This is a huge plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We run a small at home business and Square is the best tool for point of sale transactions and easy to produce receipts, invoices, and track user/buyer details. I can send a text receipt and email if needed. Definitely worth the purchase since the app can track all transactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should try it out. It's very simple to use and train new employees on. Reports are easy to run and can get most data that you need. Allows you to communicate with customers. They are continuing evolving and adding new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

I love that you can do basically anything with it from sending invoices to using it as a register and run payroll Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really nothing bad to say

I really and truly love it and I would recommend it to any other people or company to use it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It’s usually self explanatory easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Store Manager
Retail
What do you like best?

Using the square reader and digital app is incredibly easy, simple, and efficient. Sign up and set up are explained step-by-step, and you can have your technology working in minutes. The reader is always ready to work, connects directly to an iPhone, and is easy for all levels of employees to understand! There are very few flaws with this system, and is ideal for smaller businesses! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly - there’s not much wrong with Square for small businesses. The only downside we’d ever had is that the adapter works through the microphone port on a cell phone, so with new iPhones you have to use a dongle to adapt to the lighting port. This is really an apple issue rather than an issue with Square! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When considering your needs and the pros and cons of going without a traditional processor, Square comes out on top. You’ll have to have a mobile device (iPad, iPhone or other tablet) to operate - but it’s very convenient and reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Square as a back-up processor for our normal credit card terminals and processing. It’s is a reliable source when machines have issues, the internet or phone lines are down, or you need a mobile card processing unit! You can transport Square with you anywhere - taking your business outside and on the go! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the unique software and it is completely unique to be able to email and text receipts for customers automatically. The payment tools and products are completely designed for productive fast sales by credit card and virtually any version or card form is accepted. Very safe, fast and easy with results you'll be satisfied with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the processing fees that they offer. It is a bit higher but I think that you pay for the sheer convenience of the product and easy setup and service. It is the #1 credit card system for businesses of any size and as a starter tool that you can depend on for years to come. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you get over the fact that the fee is a small percentage higher, you will see that the extra money is going directly to the service that they offer and provide. Clearly a company headed in the right direction and you can count on their exceptional approach to a solution that will give your business peace of mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It solved our card processing issue and it was a sound solution for our business. We love the ease of use and customer service is always friendly and helpful. The new age technique with style is a great approach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Manager
Retail
What do you like best?

It is a great solution for us when our main service is not functioning correctly. We use it as a backup only. We do remote retail sales either at hospitals, offices, or shows and it is great to be able to take this with us and process payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We are very happy with the functionality. We do get a better rate through our current merchant solution though. I think that the swipe should work better it is difficult to get it to take the card if it is not held perfectly level when swiping it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great solution for us when on the go or for backup. I used to use it a lot when I did shows outdoors or hospital retail shows and it worked great. People also recognize the name and like it better than PayPal here in our experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps us when we have down time and need to have a backup solution. It also works for us on the go at our shows. The user management is easy for employees and the administration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Retail
What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with the Square system. We operate it off a tablet system so the touch screen makes it very easy for everyone to use. The tablet also makes it easy for us to bring it to our clients and ring up their sale on the sales floor, as well as have them sign for their credit card. No large bulky system required. Storing customer information has been helpful also in regards to emailing/texting their receipts to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike, but perhaps the lack of instruction that came with it. Fortunately, it is easy enough that it doesn't require much in the way of instruction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Entering multiple SKUs can be incredibly time-consuming without scanning capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has helped us track our customers, keep up with shopping trends within our store and expedite the check out process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AV
What do you like best?

The ability to use from anywhere, intuitive user interface, ease of customer use. I REALLY like how intuitive for the customer once you hand over the device, and that you have the option for terminal POS, mobile, web browser, or even emailing invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes for the helpdesk to process requests (and how thoroughly they read the requests) could be improved pretty substantially. Other than, the functionality and POS user interface is stunningly simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dive in! It's great and familiar to your clients. Easily exports into all major bookkeeping softwares. Very hands-off! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love that the rate of the fee charged to Square is low, for my low-income business. My business also has a lot of clients who are in a hurry and it allows me to bill them later (just after they leave) or prepay before they even bring me their dogS! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Purchasing Coordinator
Glass, Ceramics & Concrete
What do you like best?

I find that using Square for Retail helps out A LOT when you are selling at art fairs, street markets, and even when buying and selling between friends/coworkers! I have used it many time when I would sell my homemade baked goods and homemade sewn blankets! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I didn’t quite like about Square for Retail is that with any new type of technology, as a customer, it seems a little shady at first because you have that fear that the card scanner has been swapped out with a bad one. However, with my multi-use experience of being on both ends of the swiping I have never encountered that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Square for Retail when I am selling at art fairs or buying at street fairs and even working with a kayaking company whom use Square for their own services. The benefits that Square has is that it is so simple and easy to handle!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
Retail
What do you like best?

I am able to accept credit cards on the go for minimal cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost of using the service is a bit high. This makes me not want to use the service unless absolutely necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep the reader with you. You never know when you will need to complete a transaction. Since it is relatively inexpensive and always available if you have your phone, you win. For really large transactions, I would recommend finding a cheaper alternative if you can. The rates are low, but can add up very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to accept credit cards on the go. It requires minimal effort and minimal set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Production Assistant
Retail
What do you like best?

This product is perfect for the entrepreneur on the go! I've used in shop settings as well as farmers markets and conventions. the fact that it's a simple insert into the phone is astounding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike, however ,if i had to choose, it would be the software interface. I think it could be more user friendly. More idiot proof to be precise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's quite simple to use. Just follow the directions and keep a charger close by if you're using it out at markets or conventions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mainly payments on the go. We live in a day and age where people rather pay with plastic than cash... in fact very few people carry more than $5 with them at a time. With square, you can transform a smart phone into a portable point of sales system. You can even go paperless with the texted receipts! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like how convenient it is not only for myself but customers as well! Invoicing and paying is now no longer a hassle! Refunds are sent right away so your customer has no wait time in these cases! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all! Square is an amazing service ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of payment transactions ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Engineer
Retail
What do you like best?

I don't like ANYTHING about square. I'm in the process of changing all of our retail operations over to Palmetto Payment Solutions. Switching to the Clover Mini Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software application is increasingly annoying to add menu items and the fees are OUTRAGEOUS. Whatever happened to trying to get your business off the ground... these guys will put you out of business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

RUN FOR THE HILLS! LITERALLY! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems? Goodness where to start? Square is a terrible retail solution. The kiosks are over priced and poorly managed iPads that cannot be customized or changed. Wastes my money and customers. No benefits to this solution! GO CLOVER! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CC
What do you like best?

I love using square for retail. It makes everything so easy for me… I can send invoices to my customers another state I can use my card reader and sell stuff at vendor events. It just makes things so easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fees. But they’re industry standards Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At solve the issue with me not being in the same place as some of my customers. Therefore I benefit from it because I can sell to anyone anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Of Marketing And Public Relations
Retail
What do you like best?

Not as many people like to walk around with cash in their pocket. Using the Square makes everything simple. As long as the phone or tablet has internet access, it is a great item to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of internet access was a big factor while using the square. If you're in an area where there is either no reception or no internet at all, there is no point in bringing the Square. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are just starting out in retail or are selling things at different events, this is the perfect solution to have card transactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We like to go to outdoor events and sell products. It makes shopping so much easier for customers when they don't need to worry about finding an ATM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.