Sprout Social

Sprout Social

Sprout Social is a leading social media management software that provides engagement, publishing, analytics and team collaboration tools.

Work for Sprout Social?

Learning about Sprout Social?

Sprout Social Reviews

Sprout Social review by Derrick H.
Derrick H.

"Sprout Social Makes My Life So Much Easier"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Sprout Social is being able to see all of my incoming messages across all social platforms. There's nothing more tedious than constantly logging in and out of each platform to check for messages. Seeing them all in the same place makes it so much easier to respond to people in a timely manner. I also love that you can manage more than one client's social media presence.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could see a deeper analysis of how my queue time is determined, specifically for Twitter. I'm assuming that it's based on when users are most likely to interact with your post, however, the time reflected queue time seems to rarely change, which makes me feel a little uneasy when using the Sprout Queue feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many other alternatives, but for smaller businesses this is perfect.

We're currently trying to figure out how to gain more traction on Twitter for a particular client. Being able to see who regularly is interacting with our posts has been a great advantage and shown insight as to what types of content they like and will continue to interact with.The greatest benefit of Sprout Social is being able to schedule posts ahead of time. Now that you can preview what the message will look like before it's published, I no longer have to pray and hope that a post scheduled via Sprout will publish the way it was intended to be.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Sprout Social
Showing 871 Sprout Social reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Sprout Social

What Social Media Suites solution do you use?

Sprout Social review by Mary Grace S.
Mary Grace S.

"Scheduling Game Changer"

What do you like best?

It used to take me days to schedule all of the social content for the 3 brands I manage, but being able to put it all in one place (and set up recurring posts) has been a huge time-saver for me.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to have people without actual accounts go into the software to review. The stamp of approval is great, but the people who approve my work do not need full access to everything within the software. My workaround has been to put it in extended List format and export a PDF, but even that is kind of clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their initiation process is intense. Like weekly trainings that are an hour long. It's a big deal. Which is fine, but I just didn't feel like I needed that. seemed a little wasteful of time. It's intuitive enough to not need the training.

It saves time by not having to drag and drop my social content into each different platform from an excel sheet.

Sprout Social review by Crystal O.
Crystal O.

"Powerful platform with some basic tools/features missing."

What do you like best?

I love the appearance of the interface, and the granular user control. The publishing tools are fun to use, and I love the content inspiration library. The reports are also sound and reliable data's updated regularly. I also really like the messenger bot for Facebook, we've got one activated and it works well.

What do you dislike?

There's no drag and drop feature, and changes to posts on the calendar require a refresh before you can see them. This is basic, and I'm not sure why that feature isn't there. Besides posting, there are also no tools for other related tasks, e.g. if an event or holiday is coming up, the schedule doesn't help us remember that or communicate about it on the platform. All discussions need to be on social media post reviews. But sometimes, our clients really want to hash out ideas on the platform concerning certain events, or maybe leave reminders for us concerning particular topics or content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try other social media platforms on a trial basis when you try this one because user experiences vary. Your preferences, personality and working style and the intricacies of the way your business does things internally will have a huge impact on whether you'll be buzzing along or pulling your hair out in 6 months.

We're doing social media, customer support and content services for ourselves and our clients.

Sprout Social review by Johanna S.
Johanna S.

"More than happy with Sprout Social - would recommend!"

What do you like best?

Scheduling Social Media posts is easier than ever before. Once everything is scheduled, I have a clear overview what goes live where and when through the calendar. It's nicely structured and very clean.

The reports on performance of certain accounts and posts are great and proofed to be very helpful in the past.

When you have questions, Sprout Social is easy to contact and you have a response within 24 hours!

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there's not much we came across what we dislike so far. Nothing worth mentioning here.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start with the free trial and take it from there! Out of all platforms we tested (and we tested a few before committing), Sprout Social was the one working best for us!

It made my life as a Social Media Coordinator a lot easier. I can collect data for our internal monthly report really quick and if statistics are required ad hoc, I can easily log in and collect everything I need without going through each individual Social Media platform. Scheduling posts across all platforms is so much easier now and Sprout Social shows all notifications of messages & comments coming from the different platforms.

It's part of my daily job and I wouldn't want to miss a tool like Sprout!

Sprout Social review by Michelle P.
Michelle P.

"Sprout Social’s good Inbox tool help to avoid wasting time and frustration"

What do you like best?

A few different social media management tools appear to possess a restricted quantity of integrations offered. for several instances, a scarcity of integrations isn’t a large downside, but if you’re searching for several integrations, then Sprout Social is price trying out. thus you'll be able to integrate and change the majority of your social media channels, and conjointly integrate together with your favorite help desk, and many options that simply aren’t offered with several of Sprout Social’s competitors.

What do you dislike?

First Payment arrange Limits You to five Social Media Profiles – If you've got many social media accounts underneath your belt, or if you've got a consumer or 2 that you simply manage, you alright might need quite five social media accounts. If that’s the case, then you’ll have to contemplate a Sprout Social arrange on the far side their 1st tier. Luckily, if you've got some purchasers to talk of then you’ll in all probability notice the general worth that Sprout Social delivers to get on purpose, and therefore the worth they invite their higher layer plans won’t set you back an excessive amount of (Continue reading for a full outlook of the Sprout Social price points).

Recommendations to others considering the product

For example, if you’re any kind of merchant, author, publisher, instructor, or social media enthusiast, then you’ll appreciate the social media automation and integrations that Sprout Social offers.​​

If you’re a part of a bigger organization like a promoting agency or startup, then you’ll positively appreciate the strong collaboration and support options that Sprout Social offers. thus you’ll be ready to collaborate your social media promoting efforts across groups, and even integrate your help desk directly with Sprout Social, which might positively create your customers, prospects and finish users all the happier.

Sprout Social review by Maria Alejandra L.
Maria Alejandra L.

"with social sprout I can keep my social networks up to date."

What do you like best?

It is a very good tool, it has helped me a lot with my social networks, before knowing it, it was a disaster with all my networks and now everything is much easier, I make a comment in social sprout and I can publish it in all at the same time, now I do everything from here, answer comments and much more. I also like the monthly report you send me to know how popular I am in each of my social networks.

What do you dislike?

without any doubt it is very good and has many functions, super practical, the only drawback that I see is the price, it is an application designed mainly for mediamas companies, since paying these expenses only for an individual account would be crazy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very good and the best thing is that the customer service is excellent, they are always aware of every detail.

This application has been very useful for me, it is very good, I have everything I need, I use it to manage my personal social networks and in the office it is also used for the company's social networks, I give my opinion as a certified user really lighten the work in social networks, since the company is constantly publishing information and from here everything is easier.

Sprout Social review by Janelle H.
Janelle H.

"A Fantastic Tool!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can schedule Instagram posts AND stories.

I like that you can monitor your comments.

I like that you can collaborate with your team and clients.

I like the way the calendar view of posts is set up.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could post giphs.

I wish that you could post multiple photos on Instagram automatically.

Sometimes posts will fail to upload and there is no explanation why.

I wish you could tag pages in Facebook posts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up a run through of the platform for your team with a Sprout Social rep! They are incredibly knowledgeable and will teach you everything you need to know. They're also always looking for suggestions on how they can make the product better and will actually take your ideas to their team to see if they're worth implementing.

Sprout Social takes the guesswork out of scheduling social. The ability to schedule weeks at a time and have them available to clients for review and approval is a godsend! Sprout Social is a tool that saves me a TON of time. Also, their customer service is EXTREMELY responsive, which is always nice.

Sprout Social review by Bethany G.
Bethany G.

"I genuinely appreciate this product"

What do you like best?

Their customer service is second to none. Only one time did I not hear back from them quickly, but they ended up sending an apology email to all clients the next day because they had gotten behind and said they were taking steps to keep that from happening again.

Sprout also consistently provides great webinars and articles. Plus, I really love the whole layout of the inbox. It's probably a little bit of personality, but it is so easy for me to see what's going on and respond to messages from different clients. I also love their analytics reports!

What do you dislike?

I'm not a huge fan of the keyword monitoring/social listening options that they provide. However, I think better options would be available if we were at a higher program tier. Can't think of anything other than that!

Managing multiple social media clients and providing social media reports to clients. Sprout keeps me very focused and on top of social media engagements.

Sprout Social review by Erica S.
Erica S.

"Incredibly useful - and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I LOVE that they recently updated so that you can post videos directly from Sprout rather than having to have a Publisher manually receive a notification when it's time to be pushed out. This helps immensely. It's also just an incredible scheduler and resource for metrics and analytics on how posts are doing on social platforms.

What do you dislike?

The drafts just disappear if they don't get scheduled out

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best one out there, pretty much.

Our clients LOVE using Sprout, and it's so easy to get the hang of. They like to see the reports on how their efforts are doing across social channels, and they like that they can edit things or be listed as the person to approve all outgoing posts. The only thing that is difficult is if a client is the approver, and they don't approve on time, the post doesn't go out. So you have to have a great client relations team reminding them!

Sprout Social review by Cheryl J.
Cheryl J.

"Great tool to manage social networks"

What do you like best?

Sprout Social is the best tool of marketing in social networks because it has very good functions to reach the target audience with great success. A very good function of this tool is to be able to program the publications in a very simple way. It also has integrated statistics to get vital information from all our social networks.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps one of the negative points that I see this application is its price especially for small companies, although they also have a free plan.

With Sprout Social we do not have the need to program the campaigns for social networks in each platform since it allows us to create, manage and control all our campaigns with just using this tool. For this and more this tool has become a very useful asset, for the time and effort saving that it gives us in the hour to manage shows social networks.

Sprout Social review by Hanna L.
Hanna L.

"Saves lots of time and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how through SproutSocial you can schedule multiple posts at once and all in advanced. In one sitting, it allows you to plan a week, month, or years of social media posts. It is so easy to use and it links Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and other platforms together so that you can choose to post all at one and have them all consistent! It so easy to use and allows organization.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is the cost, it is a bit pricey especially when you want to add more users. It is worth it because of how great the software is and beneficial it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! its so easy and helpful in saving time and organizing

With Sprout Social, our magazine is able to efficiently organize and schedule all our social media posts on all various platforms.

Sprout Social review by Cole G.
Cole G.

"Love this platform! "

What do you like best?

The smart inbox is by far the best tool out there for any social media managers. This makes keeping up to date with all your engagements extremely easy. No more looking through multiple pages to reply to comments or reviews. Their reporting is also very thorough and provides really valuable competitor incites which I use on a daily basis,

What do you dislike?

There is not a whole lot on the negative side for me, I have been using the service with many different clients over a 4 year period. There can be some failed posts from time to time but that is few and far between. I do wish there was a little better LinkedIn reporting or LinkedIn ad's manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must for anyone working in social media on a daily basis! Both small and large companies can gain extreme benefit from this platform.

We are now easily connecting and engaging with fans each day in a timely manner, staying on top of trends and watching competitors closely. This platform also allows us to track internal data such as reply time, total replies and also sentiment scores based on our tag usage for social.

Sprout Social review by Anthony T.
Anthony T.

"Excellent all in one social media management tool"

What do you like best?

The additional resources and support. In addition to being able to use the platform, we have attended conferences and online webinars that have given us some additional insights to the business. We have been able to turn those insights into actionable business solultions for our partners.

What do you dislike?

Some social media platforms disconnect at time, but Sprout is very good about communicating these outtages. Unfortunetly, the mobile app does not include analytics. Hopefully, they will add this in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not only are they a top tier product in the social media management SaaS world, but these are also people that know social. They have the resources and insights to make social profitable for your business.

Rather than scheduling a social media campaign across each platform, Sprout allows us to create, manage, and measure social media campaigns for multiple clients. It has been an immeasurable asset to our agency regarding the amount of time it has saved our team. Additionally, the transparency we can now provide to clients regarding their social activity has increased their trust in our value as their agency.

Sprout Social review by Marifel Esmeralda L.
Marifel Esmeralda L.

"very good social media management tool."

What do you like best?

social sprout I consider that it has many advantages among them I can say the marketing in social networks because it is excellent to reach a target audience successfully, its customer service is very fast and effective, it allows to manage all social networks from a single place, the publications can be programmed at any time and from any place, it has integrated statistics to obtain information of networks, profiles and messages.

What do you dislike?

One of the main disadvantages that I see this application is its price, although it has a free trial for 30 days and that is appreciated, for small companies in my country it is expensive to pay for an application like this, since the plam team has a cost of 500 dollars for three users per month and the change in the national currency is super expensive.

through social sprout the small company where I work as administrator Creaciones Kimberly Salazar, has become known in all social networks, because with this application we can be active in all social media at the same time, the benefits have been very good Nowadays, electronic commerce is very important and it is a good way to reach more customers.

Sprout Social review by MARIA B.
MARIA B.

"Good tool for Social Monitoring"

What do you like best?

In my work we use sprout to schedule social network posts in one place. One great thing we look for when we use software is the learning curve and customer service. Sprout gets an A + in both departments. The interface is beautiful, clean and easy to use. The drop-down menus are intuitive and you do not have to guess to get what you want to do. The reporting features are also excellent. You can export the reports and add your own brand if you want to send the reports to the client or include them in your own documentation. If you encounter a problem or have problems, your customer service is responsive and quick to obtain.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes uploading a photo attached to a post is a pain - it looks like it uploads but it doesn't, making you have to go back and re-upload. I think it was related to me using Safari - but still frustrating. Nonetheless, this software is still great and there are no deal breakers I can think of!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it, because apart from offering many advantages you can manage your social networks, your whole group since you can connect them creating a group.

The market is evolving thanks to Social Sprout, because it is good to help people who want to start measuring their campaigns on social networks, offering all the tools. It is a great tool for your publications so you can start acting on them.

Sprout Social review by JESUS ARMANDO B.
JESUS ARMANDO B.

"The most intuitive and useful social media management tool he used"

What do you like best?

I discovered Sprout Social through a Facebook ad. Before deciding to take the trial, I read some of the reviews here and in Capterra and my expectations skyrocketed and I became a little realistic to be honest. The prices made me fall because $ 99 per month seemed a little high given the characteristics. However, I had nothing to lose by trying it, so I decided to register for a trial. I have used / currently use Hootsuite, Buffer, Swift Social, Kontentino and many other social media administrators, so I had a lot to compare to Sprout Social. Sprout Social is easy to use, the design is quite simple and simple, the dashboard is a mix between Social pilot and Kontentino, as well as the features. My favorite features are the smart inbox and the Sprout queue. The social queue is similar to the automatic programming function of Hootsuite. The RSS function in the feeds tab is also very good, since I could connect it to my Feedly account. An important use of this is the publication through the RSS function, which I used to automatically tweet the blog posts of influential blogs in my niche. The resource library is also an amazing feature, as it is an excellent way to store images for future use. The discovery tab shows suggestions about accounts to follow and stop following, people who have talked and people who mentioned it in a publication. Sprout Social is a great social network administrator, however, it does not seem so superior to Hootsuite or Social Swift. Considering the cost, I expected more from him. That I know is pretty ridiculous. However, I will say that the "Reports" function offers a variety of important statistics, such as: Group reports, Twitter Profiles [To track the performance of the profile to determine the impact of Twitter content], Twitter comparison, listen of Twitter, Facebook page report, Facebook competitors, engagement reports, team reports, task performance, trends, Instagram profile analysis, LinkedIn page, tag report, Google Analytics and sent messages. For me, the unique feature of Sprout Social is its analytical function. No other SM administrator, except perhaps SMHack, has such a powerful and detailed social network analysis.

What do you dislike?

the price is quite high. There are other SM managers with more powerful features that could be a better substitute for Sprout Social. MavSocial has a better resource library feature, SMHack provides detailed analysis, Swift Social has a powerful RSS function, and Hootsuite is cheaper, has an automatic scheduling feature, as well as one of the most user-friendly SM administrators Due to the numerous online tutorials and it's built-in mini-tutorial.

Sprout Social combines all the tools I hope to find in the social media management software (later programming, advanced search / listen, analysis) in an easy-to-use control panel that makes daily administration as simple as possible. I helped present the tool to a team of approximately 100 people, and training others was easy, given the simple interface. My favorite feature is the Smart Inbox, which allows you to control every mention / retweet, etc. and take action or deepen the people who connected with you. I also appreciated the publication programming tool (especially the edition of embedded images and the tail of buds with automated programming) and the reports that facilitated the extraction of data and that quickly re-shared my most effective messages.

Sprout Social review by Samantha B.
Samantha B.

"Sprout Social Review"

What do you like best?

Makes posting to social media SOOO EASY!!! I love that I can schedule content to go out not just to Facebook and Twitter, but also Instagram and LinkedIn! My company has seen our interactions on LinkedIn skyrocket since we started using Sprout, thanks to the ease of sharing across all of our platforms! Plus I enjoy the fact that I can have multiple "groups" on my profile for all of our business accounts.

What do you dislike?

I think Sprout is really designed for someone who is a full-time social media manager and can dedicate time and energy to really exploring the full functions of the program. Sprout has a lot of impressive capabilities that I just don't have time to figure out as my job is only partially social media management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout is really designed for people who are full-time social media managers. It has some really incredible features that, unfortunately, I just don't have the time to dig into and learn about because only a fraction of my time at work is dedicated to social media. It's a robust, impressive product that I would highly recommend IF you have time to dedicate to using it to its full capabilities.

Rather than spending half a day calculating reach and engagement on each platform, I can quickly export and send monthly reports to our executive director or to anyone else who needs reports pulled. It makes scheduling across all platforms simple and incredibly quick.

Sprout Social review by Melissa C.
Melissa C.

"Reliable social management tool."

What do you like best?

Sprout Social is a very reliable social media management tool. When I need to quickly distribute information across multiple channels, Sprout's the go-to. I also really like that Sprout has added Pinterest tracking, which can be daunting from the native analytics.

What do you dislike?

In April, Sprout lost functionality to comment and like Instagram posts that came up in the messages area. Support for Instagram is still less than stellar, which is unfortunate given the platform's popularity. The overall analytics could be less clunky. It seems unnecessarily cumbersome to select long-range dates of more than a few months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a little pricier than other social media management platforms, but overall it's worth the extra cost. Few other managers are as easy to learn and use.

Sprout makes it easy to send out information across multiple platforms at once, and I really appreciate how easy it is to schedule future postings. Our agency was able to save lots of money by switching our social media management in-house, which is very important in our sector. Our agency is also very unique in that we have a very small staff and being able to utilize a tool like Sprout Social to quickly and efficiently disseminate information to our followers has saved us loads of time -- whether it was going back and forth with our ad agency to get our posts/branding/message right, or even just sharing the same photo across all our platforms. Sprout solved the time and money problem, and that's worth the cost alone.

Sprout Social review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"Timely monitoring of all my notifications."

What do you like best?

I was allowed to keep track of my social networks before I did not review them as I should have spent days in which I did not have access to them, losing a series of notifications in which I could not give a timely response, with this application it is possible to check all my social networks In one single place.

What do you dislike?

I would like to offer more options for designing pages in this way to be more striking its use through selected colors and designs, but nothing that interferes with its use which is great, gives me the ease of receiving all notifications from my contacts in one place and at the same time be able to make comments or publish some information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended above all because it allows you to take all the networks in one place and can give a quick response to the different notifications received, it increases the response capacity to be able to make a comment and publish it in all at the same time saving time which for the various functions What I must do is valuable to render it as much as possible, being able to be carried on any type of equipment.

Since I use Sprout Social and I have seen my ability to respond to the level, since before I did not have the time to have all the networks open on the same computer, which limited its use as well as being able to keep track and be updated in terms of social networks is about, at the time of use will realize how attractive it is to use the correct use of our contacts.

Sprout Social review by Mariani F.
Mariani F.

"Reception and quick reading of all notifications and messages received in a single application."

What do you like best?

It has the facility of being able to receive in a single tray all the important notifications originated by my contacts among them the messages and comments sent, giving me the ease of interacting in my social networks in a single application, being able to see the movements or the people who have contacted can review and give a timely response without loss of time, I can send direct messages or send notifications to any contact.

What do you dislike?

This application is very useful to keep track of the different social networks we use I would like to make updates in your task panel or add other functions, within it as well as allowing more templates to customize the views and so I can move better through it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allows you to perform a good journey through its different functions, saves a lot of time in review one by one of the social networks that account for it is recommended this application for people who perhaps because of the amount of daily work fear that pass them some activity leaving forgotten some message that could be important, with this application it becomes easier the contro and reception of information coming from the diverse m, edios, allowing to realize commentaries and notifications in any moment from a single application being able to be published in all social networks at once.

Easy software for good management of social networks I really like the rapids in which I can respond to the notifications that I receive as well as private messages easily adapts to my fixed equipment as to my cell phone, maintaining a constant communication with my contacts from anywhere, has a technical support attentive to any concern that we may present through the use of the application.

Sprout Social review by Romel Jose R.
Romel Jose R.

"Access to notifications from my social networks without wasting time."

What do you like best?

This tool is perfectly applied to my computer offers the convenience of giving quick response to the notifications that I receive through my social networks, facebook, email, tweet, I can see in a summarized way the most relevant and the people of my counters who have made some movement or have contacted me being able to review and give a timely response without loss of time in the same way I can send direct messages or send notifications to any contact.

What do you dislike?

I would like to periodically make updates in your task panel or maybe add other applications within it as more templates or calculators also I would like to offer options to improve the view to receive more information every time I'm in it, making it easier the reading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allows you to make a good navigation through your task panel very easy to understand where it facilitates quickly obtain all the notifications we have in the different social networks that we have applied to this software so avoid wasting time in opening each one of them, Gaining time to invest in other activities increasing our response capacity.

Is a very easy tool to manage my social networks I love that every time I have a problem I can interact via chat or through email support having a timely response to my requirements which gives a point in favor as I reduce the amount click to locate some information.

Sprout Social review by Monica M.
Monica M.

"Rocking with Sprout and it's Community"

What do you like best?

I love the tool, interface, the support I get and being part of the sprout community. The willingness for the staff to listen to my problems and find a solution. A true partnership.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to set up my video posting for Instagram and not just images. We do a lot of video marketing which I have to post manually as of right now. I would also like to see the Google Analytics reporting to be improved so that I don't have to log in to the client accounts to view reports that I have to send to my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This goes for any tool...test the product and make sure it's going to check off all the boxes for your business needs. If you want a social media management tool that has a community and support to go with it, Sprout is for you.

Getting all the information that I need to support what we are doing for our clients. SMM tools to facilitate posting so that I can set and go and be able to focus on other aspects of running the business.

Sprout Social review by Lauren G.
Lauren G.

"Social Media Specialist"

What do you like best?

Sprout is the easiest to use and most straight forward social media management platform I have used. And as a bonus, they have stellar customer service. The reports, scheduler and smart inbox are all easy to use and visually appealing.

What do you dislike?

Some of the lower-priced packages lack add-on features that would be desirable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used Sprout Social with a very large team (50+ content contributors), with a smaller team (4 users) and also on my own as an independent contractor. There is a use-case and scale for every size and need.

As a small team, Sprout Social helps to save time. Reports are easy to generate and export and they look clean and professional enough to share with others outside of the social media team. This is incredibly helpful in cutting down workload. The smart inbox is also a great way to stay on top of incoming messages and industry trends without having to constantly seek information. Scheduling is quick and easy and Sprout's "optimal send time" feature eliminates the need to constantly plan and analyze scheduling.

Sprout Social review by Julia H.
Julia H.

"An almost complete suite of social media and analytics tools!"

What do you like best?

Sprout social provided our departmnt with the right set of tools to get the job done. Whether it was to schedule our posts, collaborate as a team or generate custom reports for our management.

Their customer support is spot on and quick to fix any issues we face, the also helped us onboard new members a few times and resolve some technical issues when connecting our accounts.

Was one of the first tool to supports Instagram scheduling!

What do you dislike?

While very robust, the tool lacks any listening capability, and for our crisis management and market research we had to subscribe to other paid tools who provided us with the needed insights into those new markets and social media analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout social is the right tool for you if you are a medium to large company looking to grow your business to the next level.

The cost is great and you will make it back in no time once you start utilizing all the advanced tools and features the platform provides. It felt like a natural step for our company to move to from Hootsuite.

Sprout social provided us with in depth insights and built relationships between our customers across all platforms, a feature that we held in great value as it allowed us to have deeper understanding of our customers personas.

Sprout Social review by Román Facundo E.
Román Facundo E.

"Best social media management & integrated analytics tool"

What do you like best?

Definitely, the smart inbox is Sprout Social's defining feature. It allows you to manage private messages, mentions, likes and every kind of interaction happening on your social media profiles timelines. The smart inbox is customizable and can be "splitted" into several different ones depending on your needs.

More: setup is so easy and intuitive you don't even have to read manuals or handbooks at all.

What do you dislike?

They haven't fully integrated the "deep listening" feature into the platform. Also, the Gravatar function (you need to use an external WordPress-based platform to create something as simple as your profile photo, which is annoying when you have large groups of community managers who don't want to create a Gravatar, etc.).

Another small thing I dislike is the fact that you have to upload images one at the time, when you attach them to tweets or posts you're sending through Sprout Social. It's a bit annoying when compared to its general user-friendly and easiness structure and functioning.

Last, the Search Content function only provides content in English, but it's a beta feature so I don't mind. Useful, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Strongly recommended if you want to manage large social media communities and use social media as customer service channels.

Social media as CRM management.

Social media management.

Analytics integration (with Google Analytics).

Sprout Social review by Jessica W.
Jessica W.

"Monitoring of all social networks"

What do you like best?

This tool allows you to manage all social networks without having to waste a lot of time doing it manually. Its interface is very simple, facilitating its use to quickly learn how to use it.

What do you dislike?

It is not very effective to discover relevant content on social networks so I have to use other tools for this work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the use of Sprout Social if you have to manage large communities on social networks and manage them all at the same time.

Thanks to Sprout Social we have a more direct communication with our clients and we can analyze and obtain more information about what is most talked about in social media. Obviously the management of social networks has been much easier since we use this tool in the company.

Sprout Social review by Megan F.
Megan F.

"Good tool for social networks"

What do you like best?

What I like about this platform is that you can program all your publications from a single tool without having to use different programs to do the same job. It is really easy to use, just with a view of the user interface, you can start programming your publications.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the publications that we tried to upload to Facebook could not be published without reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The use of Sprout Social does not require any additional or advanced information to be able to use it in the best way, which makes it different from the rest of the competition.

Thanks to the use of Sprout Social we have been able to greatly reduce the time we lose in the creation and publication of content on social networks.

Sprout Social review by Luisa F.
Luisa F.

"It's amazing everything that allows me to do."

What do you like best?

This is an application that has helped me a lot, the advantage that I have when using it is very good, since it allows me to interact in all my social networks at the same time, from the same application.

What do you dislike?

I do not see anything negative, only that sometimes the inbox of my mail is saturated with all the information that the application sends me, but I suppose it is normal, because it tries as much as possible to inform me by all means of the news that there is for me, although I would like not to receive so many messages in the mail, but strictly necessary.

It has helped me to be up to date on all my social networks, linkedin, twitter, Facebook, since by this application I can access all of them from the same place, allowing me to save time.

Sprout Social review by Olivia D.
Olivia D.

"Preferred social network management tool"

What do you like best?

Sprout Social user interface of is very clean and easy to use. Another point in favor is the attention of your customer service team, the times that I have needed support have always answered me quickly by chat or by email. The quality of your reports are very good to compare our pages with that of our competitors and see what to improve.

What do you dislike?

Since we used Sprout Social it has sometimes shown some errors in the creation of scheduled publications, although it does not happen often.

Thanks to Sprout Social publication programming function and the monitoring reports of our social networks, we have been able to increase the number of people who follow us in each social network and improve the content we publish more frequently now.

Sprout Social review by Jocelyn P.
Jocelyn P.

"4 Year Experience with Sprout Social"

What do you like best?

Sprout Social is easy to use. We've stuck with it because it is very easy to draft posts across platforms and attach media files. It is easy to reply and view posts that mention our client directly from the interface.

What do you dislike?

It is VERY pricey for what you receive. They provided limited customer service and are totally unhelpful when there are issues with any of the integration issues for the platforms. We also had an issue with them overcharging us for a service they've discontinued. It is painful to get anything resolved and phone support is only available at a premium price. We are looking for a replacement because it seems like given the services we receive it just too expense.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sprout Social has changed a lot over the last 4 years. They used to be very focused on all their customers. It seems like they no longer pay attention to smaller clients even though we pay over $7,200 a year. We haven't seen a lot of improvements in our service. Most of the changes have been for very large teams that don't apply to our account.

We are digital marketing agency focused on the technology sector. B2B social media is very important. Sprout Social enables us to create dynamic posts across channels and monitor engagement with followers.

Sprout Social review by Karen M.
Karen M.

"Solid tool in social network management"

What do you like best?

Currently Sprout Social is one of the best tools for managing social networks in the market because it not only facilitates the automation of the publication and creation of content, but also increases interaction and improves the response time of our support team in social networks.

What do you dislike?

Sprout Social should improve the interaction reports of each social network so that they are more complete and customizable because until now their reports lack information and do not provide customization options.

We use this tool for the management and monitoring of our community in each social network. Sprout Social has also made it easier the job for us to create content, because constantly showing us what are the topics of interest of our target audience.

Sprout Social review by Erin S.
Erin S.

"Solid tool for an affordable price"

What do you like best?

The smart inbox has been a gamechanger for our workflow. It's extremely valuable to have all our notifications, mentions, messages using VIP keywords all pulled into one simple feed. We feel confident we're addressing important issues and not missing any threats or opportunities.

What do you dislike?

It's a little clunky when it comes to content discovery. We supplement Sprout with Tweetdeck and a few other tools to help us find content that doesn't find it's way into our smart inbox because it doesn't mention our brand or hit one of our keywords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout Social may not have every bell and whistle you need in a social media management platform but they're extremely thoughtful in their approach to building out their tool. I've been using them for several years and they really take customer feedback to heart while also ensuring they're launching new features when they're ready. Unlike other tools I've used or demo'ed they don't just build something for the sake of being able to say they have it.

It's increased our ability to engage and reach more audience members than before. We're participating as an active member of our community vs just expecting them to engage with us or around us. It's also been a huge time saver when it comes to pulling analytics. We still do a lot of reporting manually but for things like Twitter/Instagram followers and other things the platforms do not include in their native downloads, having Sprout has been a HUGE way to save time.

Sprout Social review by Michelle S.
Michelle S.

"Outsource social media marketing performance analysis to Sprout Social"

What do you like best?

I love the PDF reports that I can download and send to individual clients! I send monthly reports for each social media channel an individual client is on, and it only takes a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

Sprout Social algorithms seem to calculate data differently than that actual social media platforms so the numbers aren't apples to apples. I tested accuracy multiple times by comparing the same metric for the same time period and received different results. Also, sometimes variables such as engagement look WAY too high to be accurate and I haven't been able to pinpoint the reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small marketing agency who works with other small businesses, Sprout Social is a great tool for tracking and reporting on their social media performance. It's been about a year since I compared, but when I was researching social media management software, Sprout Social offered the best mix of features and affordability. Previously I looked at Hootsuite, Buffer, Social Report,, Socialbakers, and Agora Pulse.

The PDF performance report by channel saves me a ton of time since I used to create them manually by downloading anyaltics data directly from Facebook, Twitter, etc. and then creating my own reports. My clients appreciate how quickly they receive the information, and the data informs social media strategy and content for the new month.

Sprout Social review by Nathan D.
Nathan D.

"Sprout Social for Reputation Management"

What do you like best?

I love that Sprout Social offers a mobile app with push notifications. When there are only 1-2 staff members covering social media response, it is invaluable to work/life balance. I am able to respond to social questions on the go, wherever I may be without the need of a laptop!

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about the Sprout Social platform. When I had an Android phone typically the app would auto-disable my inbox messages but that does not seem to be a problem on my new iPhone 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sprout is a catch-all for Social Media customer service and reputation. There are different levels of service you can purchase to meet your company's needs.

Sprout has helped us improve customer satisfaction and retention by being able to respond to customer's questions in real time. We are also able to free up time by scheduling our social media posts across multiple platforms in one easy to use tool.

Sprout Social review by User

"Not suitable for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Sprout Social is one of many social media management tools in the competitive space right now, and it has a lot of great features. It has a CRM system, east to read reports, good analytics, and a mobile app to take your job on the go.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the price of Sprout. With competitors offering free versions of the same product, it is hard to justify for small companies to utilize the product. There are also not as many platforms to monitor on the site. I think that all forms of social media need to be represented when paying for a service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is important to understand your price point and what you are willing to pay for a social media monitoring tool. It is very easy to use and has a good reputation among social media monitoring tools.

We are currently revamping and creating a baseline of business data for our Instagram page, so Sprout's insights and analytics are a great tool.

Sprout Social review by Abby P.
Abby P.

"Great platform: very inconsistent "

What do you like best?

I love how Sprout keeps everything organized and in one place. It’s a pretty simple tool to use with a lot of other capabilities available if you’re willing to search for them.

What do you dislike?

I feel that Sprout’s reporting is very inconsistent. There is no way to export the report in a way to share all of the in-depth information that the live report holds. Additionally, there is never a clear explanation behind why certain numbers are shown. For example, one of my reports showed that Facebook follower growth had increased 0%, but we had gained 44 followers. I had to ask a rep to get the answer that they had rounded the number down. This is difficult to explain to a client. Additionally, we aren’t able to respond to instagram stories or monitor those. One other thing is that our Instagram account disconnects all the time and there’s no rhyme or reason to it. It’s not the best platform for client facing communication.

See above.

Sprout Social review by Christopher S.
Christopher S.

"Sprout Works Well for Many Aspects of Social Media Management"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of assigning team members with tasks and scheduling content to multiple platforms. Reporting is also a great resource for quick insights and metrics. I really like pulling and exporting scheduled posts in an easy-to-see format. It's also fantastic for making quick work of editing photos and even comes with some standard filters, but i rarely use those as they don't tend to make photos looks any better.

What do you dislike?

Managing messages could be a little more intuitive and robust, if the look and feel could match closer to native. Wish we could post to IG without a mobile to do so, but that's an API issue with IG. I really want more flexible reports so I can add or remove data points. Really would like to monitor messages in columns and not a feed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout is a great platform, it does come with a learning curve, so take the time to really dive in and go through some training so you can get the most out of it.

I'm managing, publishing, and monitoring multiple accounts and Sprout does really well with doing this. It's all about having almost everything under one roof.

Sprout Social review by Sara P.
Sara P.

"Almost Perfect"

What do you like best?

The "Smart Inbox" is the best thing about Sprout Social. You get an action item for each Instagram tag or comment, Twitter follows, comments and mentions, and comments on any Facebook post... even comments on ads you're running with a related ad account. The ability to save phrases and hashtags help you catch and respond to more mentions of your company.

What do you dislike?

The scheduling and publishing process for new posts can be frustrating and could be more user friendly. The Sprout Queue is a good automated publisher for content that doesn't need to be posted on a specific day or time, but the process of getting your content to the point where it's ready to be scheduled requires too many steps. The calendar functions for publishing would be great if it included a little more functionality, like drag and drop to reschedule, and categories for organizing content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best service I've come across for social media monitoring. It's not perfect but it's the most useful manager I've found.

Being one person managing many social feeds for a small company, Sprout Social saves me time not having to log in and out of different apps or sites. The tools are all in one place for getting our message out there.

Sprout Social review by Gregory F.
Gregory F.

""Amazing Social Media Platform""

What do you like best?

It is a decent apparatus, it has helped me a ton with my informal communities, before knowing it, it was a calamity with every one of my systems and now everything is a lot simpler, I influence a remark in social grow and I to can distribute it in all in the meantime, presently I do everything from here, answer remarks and substantially more. I additionally like the month to month report you send me to realize how well known I am in every one of my informal communities.

What do you dislike?

no doubt it is exceptionally great and has numerous capacities, too useful, the main disadvantage that I see is the value, it is an application planned for the most part for mediamas organizations, since paying these costs just for an individual record would be insane.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an unquestionable requirement for anybody working in web based life once a day! Both little and substantial organizations can increase outrageous profit by this stage.

This application has been extremely valuable for me, it is great, I have all that I need, I use it to deal with my own interpersonal organizations and in the workplace it is likewise utilized for the organization's informal organizations, I give my supposition as a guaranteed client truly help the work in interpersonal organizations, since the organization is continually distributing data and from here everything is simpler.

Sprout Social review by Britny K.
Britny K.

"Great social scheduling service"

What do you like best?

I like that Sprout Social makes social media management, advocacy and analytics software for businesses easy. Sprout helps us communicate with customers on social channels, collaborate across teams and measure the effectiveness of their efforts on all social channels.

What do you dislike?

I am disappointed with Sprout Social’s lack of integration. Sprout Social only supports Twitter, Facebook (profiles & pages), Google+ pages, Instagram & LinkedIn (profiles & pages). I also don't like the lack of ability of displaying streams.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sprout Social will be the right tool for some businesses, and perhaps even you. The entry price (now the Deluxe plan) is $59/user/month, and that is going to be quite a leap for individuals and small businesses.

Sprout Social solves the following problems: Has an in built Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)

Monitoring (although not quite as comprehensive as Mention or the likes of Brandwatch)

Support for teams (drafts, calendar, tasks etc)

Support for multiple profiles, departments, and companies

Security and ability to set specific permission levels and roles

Analytics & Reports

Helpdesk facility (on Premium and above plans) to use social media for customer support

Mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android

Integrates with Feedly (for your RSS feeds)

Sprout Social review by Janessa K.
Janessa K.

"Intuitive, easy to use, saves HOURS each week for social media marketers"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that my different accounts are separated by pages, yet they're all accessible on one dashboard/platform. Way easier to use that Facebook's Business Manager, where you have to switch from one account to another. By accessing everything from a single dashboard, I save a ton of time each week in replying to customer messages, reviewing notifications, etc. Not to mention, I miss far less notifications (compared to Facebook, where my notifications are separated by different management accounts).

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a more flexible pricing structure for small businesses/marketing firms. If you want to add more than one user, it becomes quite expensive. In addition, while the software as a whole is super intuitive, adding/deleting a profile surprisingly isn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intuitive, simple, and efficient. I'd recommend Sprout Social to both small and large businesses - marketing firms in particular. This software has allowed me to more efficiently manage my current customers, and frees up a significant amount of time, allowing me to sign up even more clients.

Their reporting feature has made it WAY easier for me to provide my clients with their page analytics. All of my clients are small business owners, and many are unfamiliar with social media. To be able to show them a simple report with basic statistics and graphics, has saved me hours each month on attempting to compile my own reports from Facebook. It helps my client retention, and makes my business as a whole look more professional & efficient.

Sprout Social review by Joseph H.
Joseph H.

"Solid Social Media Management Platform"

What do you like best?

The user interface is attractive, making it easy to use for the most part. Most of these all-in-one tools are like Swiss Army Knives, meaning they have a bunch of parts, but if you really need to cut something, the knife is pretty useless. I'd say most of the parts are very usable here. Reports are pretty, but I wish they were more customizable.

What do you dislike?

There are just some aspects of the UI that are strange. Managing the networks and people under each account doesn't feel intuitive to me in Sprout. We've had a few support issues with things not posting as expected. They never seem to have a plausible response to them, but luckily, they are rare occurrences compared to the error frequency we experience with Hootsuite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a free trial.

Social Media Management. The tool has been a good solution to managing a number of different accounts in one location.

Sprout Social review by Nickolas R.
Nickolas R.

"Great Service to cut down time"

What do you like best?

All of your social profiles are in one place, automated reporting, white labelled reporting and Instagram functionality is amazing with Sprout Social.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are focused a lot towards Twitter and we cant add a lot of groups compared to the number of profiles

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product if you are a one-stop shop for all your profiles. Sprout will be able to give you metrics, schedule, report and export schedules with ease. Their auto-scheduler is a charm and listens to your profile and will post for certain periods of times which are busiest on your page.

We are solving a large number of issues with Sprout. Mostly scheduling across all pages. Instead of going through each page by page, you have one dashboard and can easily switch between pages. Another thing which sprout helps us with our reporting and also sending schedules in a nice presentable manor.

Sprout Social review by Tina W.
Tina W.

"Sprout Social Makes Social Easy"

What do you like best?

I like that I can schedule social media posts, so I don't have to think about it. I like being able to look at my performance vs key competitors in the reporting section. I love seeing which hashtags are performing best. I like being notified in one place for all social media interactions. I love that you can queue posts to auto-fill content gaps. I love the calendar layout of the scheduled posts. I love that they have a mobile app that is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't duplicate a Facebook post to Instagram, so that I have something to start with, even though I know changes need to be made. I hate that I still have to actually post the scheduled post to Instagram vs having it automatically post it. (This is an Instagram limitation vs something wrong with Sprout.) I don't like that I can't geo tag or tag photos for Instagram. I don't like that all of my emojis don't show up in the desktop version of Sprout (again, likely has more to do with my OS than with Sprout). I don't like that I can't see my reporting in the phone app. I don't like that I can't like a comment from an instagram user in the Sprout platform. I can reply to an Instagram user, but I cannot like a comment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do really like all the message optimizers provided by Coschedule, but they seem a bit more difficult to use, and there price is a LOT higher.

It's very easy to manage multiple clients' social posting from one place. You can have people approve posts inside the calendar view in Sprout (approval processes), so it just makes it so much easier to manage than sending emails back and forth.

Sprout Social review by Arthur G.
Arthur G.

"A tool to improve marketing in your company"

What do you like best?

The approval and analysis process is quite fast, something that I consider essential for business use.

It has an excellent interface for the user, good design, striking colors and a great structuring and division of the different marketing campaigns that can be carried out in different social platforms.

The analytical reports are extensive and with a large amount of information, which makes it easier to analyze the results of the campaigns.

When you review or analyze the tasks, in the task management system you leave a note with information, which I consider really useful to leave important details that must be read when you want to perform the task.

What do you dislike?

It has happened to me several times that the account of the social network I was using has been disconnected and I had to connect it and verify it again. This is a somewhat tedious process, since it is necessary to reconnect in the account for this failure.

Maybe I would also add other social networks, because although it has the most important, it is always good to be able to campaign on more social platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Facilitating the process of creating marketing campaigns and improving their effectiveness is something you can do through Sprout Social. It helps to have a clearer idea and to better analyze your campaigns through social platforms.

It is very simple and intuitive to carry out marketing campaigns through Sprout Social. It has helped our company to better design our campaigns to better use ad systems and generate more benefits through deeper analysis of the reports and reports we have obtained through this platform.

It also allows us to load and automate certain content for later publication, so we can carry out more campaigns in a much simpler way and it has saved us time without losing effectiveness.

Sprout Social review by Marilyn G.
Marilyn G.

"a tool with many functions."

What do you like best?

It is a very easy way to interact in all my social networks, it is great to be able to make a comment and post it on Facebook, instagram, twiter at the same moment and see the comments of all of them in the same application.

What do you dislike?

I'm very pleased, nothing negative to reference, so far I've done very well with the application, it helps me save time, to stay active on all my social networks, I can make a publication and make it public on all my networks at the same time and see all your comments in one place, without having to open so many pages, all in one place, social sprout.

It helps me to be active in all my networks with a single application, it's very good.

Sprout Social review by Boniface G.
Boniface G.

"A Fantastic Social Media Management Software"

What do you like best?

This social media management platform is reliable for us because it enables our team to engage all our clients on different social media accounts in a secure single hub. Sprout Social is better than other types of social media management systems because of its ease of implementation. It is great for social media publishing and analytics.

What do you dislike?

Sprout Social is incredibly good.

It is cheap and easy to use. I find no reason to hate this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout Social is incredible. Managing social media accounts using it is fun and easy.

I do support and recommend it to the prospective customers.

Sprout Social's impact on our business has been positive.

We have benefited from it because it enables to perform the following tasks:

1. Social media marketing

2. Content publishing

3. Customer service

4. Monitoring of hashtags

5. Social media Monitoring, management and many other activities.

Sprout Social review by Caroline J.
Caroline J.

"My own little personal assistant!"

What do you like best?

Sprout enables me to better deliver value to clients by saving TIME spent on gathering data for reporting. I used to gather data for reports manually, and I still am proud of the insights I learned during that process, but I learned that in order to increase revenue for my business, I had to find ways to save time in order to make more money. Sprout has enabled me to do both.

What do you dislike?

I wish the price to add additional users to my account was significantly more affordable for a small business owner. $99/month is great for me at this point to be able to use the services, but it only includes one login/membership. This monthly fee is pocket change to larger, enterprise operations, but it is too cost prohibitive for me to add ANOTHER $99/month to utilize the team workflow features. I feel like I don't have a chance to full take advantage of the platform's services and offerings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

Better time management for an individual business owner, managing multiple accounts for multiple clients. Better insights to data, especially competitor tracking. I don't have to do this manually anymore!

Sprout Social review by Dorothy G.
Dorothy G.

"The best social media marketing tool"

What do you like best?

I love their publishing tools and the ability to have a content calendar and scheduling system all in one. I also love the ease of reporting and the nice looking, easy to create reports I am able to share with my team. I like the visual format and find it very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to pay a lot more/month to add team members. It would be so helpful if I could have even one additional person on the program to assign tasks to (which is a great feature) so we aren't overlapping work and communications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you feel it is an additional cost to your organization, it is well worth the time it will save those who do your social media management and they will be able to stay on top of it all.

Listening to my social media followers with the ability to use specific key words. Sprout then monitors these in conversations and I can filter by social media channel. I plan to take more advantage of the reporting and comparisons to colleagues in our industry. It just streamlines everything and now even Instagram.

Learn more about Sprout Social

Sprout Social Videos

Learning about Sprout Social?

* We monitor all Sprout Social reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.