Sprout Social Reviews & Product Details

Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing
What do you like best?

Sprout offers an aesthetically pleasing, easy-to-use interface that allows our team to easily schedule and publish content through a simple workflow approval system. In addition, Sprout's analytics offerings give us insights into our content performance across social channels while their customizable tags help us determine which types of content work best for our brand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike so far. Sprout Social has met our expectations for a social media management platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to gain deeper insights into the types of content that perform best for us. It has also allowed us to ensure we stay on brand and only release quality social copy with their "Need Approval" feature for scheduled posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sprout Social Overview

What is Sprout Social?

Sprout Social’s all-in-one social management solution empowers our customers to do more with their social media strategy. Better connect with audiences, streamline publishing workflows, collaborate in real time and turn social data into meaningful insights—at scale.

Sprout Social Details

2010
Chicago, IL
@SproutSocial
Description

Our web application integrates with Twitter, Facebook Fan Pages, LinkedIn and other networks where consumers are engaging with businesses and brands. In addition to communication tools, Sprout Social offers contact management, competitive insight, lead generation, reporting, analytics and more – all in a package that's intuitive and easy to use.

Sprout Social Videos

Sprout Social Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Sprout Social community
Have you used Sprout Social before?

Sprout Social Reviews

Showing 1,417 Sprout Social reviews
Showing 1,417 reviews
Already have Sprout Social?
Head of Social Media
Assistant to the Dean
What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Sprout Social is the recommended posting times, which help me to improve engagement with individual posts across platforms. The scheduling features and the functionality allow me to easily manage multiple accounts across multiple platforms without confusion. The reporting feature is a huge time-saver and allows me to communicate the results of my social media efforts clearly and easily. I also really like the various educational opportunities that Sprout Social offers consistently via webinar. These keep me apprised of new or updated features and help me understand the best ways in which to use them. I also really like the content finder. This helps me to keep up a steady stream of content even during periods when we may be generating less original content. The dashboard is a great way to see how things are going at a quick glance. The publishing calendar is extremely helpful to me as I plan content, as is the newer "notes" feature, which allows me to plan out my content over a long period of time while bypassing draft posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Filters aren't sticky through multiple sessions, meaning I have to reselect them with every login. Additionally, I would like to be able to use Sprout Social to post multiple photos to Instagram without having to use the mobile app at the time of posting to accomplish this. This is my one biggest pet peeve about Sprout Social, as it forces me to reengage with content that has already been scheduled at inconvenient times--content that I would like to be finished with once it's scheduled (barring responses) as I am with all other types of posts. This causes me a little bit of extra stress. Generally speaking, I find the mobile app (iOS) to be fairly buggy and not very intuitive, which reduces my use of it to almost none (other than the aforementioned Instagram posts) except when I am traveling, on vacation, or cannot access my desktop computer for some other reason. One other thing that's somewhat unhelpful is that the dashboard consistently tells me that I have new messages, even if I have already cleared all of them out of the inbox. This makes this specific dashboard feature essentially useless to me, since I have to go in and manually check regardless of what the dashboard says. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely do a thorough evaluation of what Sprout Social can offer you, based on your needs. Something else may work better for you. However, if you're part of a complex organization with many accounts, Sprout Social has many solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sprout Social actually improves my mental health by allowing me to schedule posts across multiple platforms. This allows me to disengage from work appropriately. I also really like the image resize feature, which allows me to quickly and easily crop photos to optimize them for different platforms. This is very convenient and hugely time-saving for me. Sprout Social also solves a collaboration issue for me within my organization by allowing designated individuals to submit content to me that I can then review and schedule as it aligns with our overall social media strategy. Task assignment across our larger organization is also extremely useful in achieving our response goals. I also find it very useful to be able to use this product in order to compare my organization with others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The scheduling works well! We've used other scheduling tools in the past, and they've left much to be desired. These work as they should, post on time, and are easy to navigate.

Reporting is easy to understand. We send our reporting along to our clients, and many of them are not as versed in social as we are. Reports are straightforward, and the graphs and images are easy for everyone to understand.

The social listening tools are fantastic too! It's easy to search for hashtags and specific terms around our campaigns to see how users are interacting with our content across all social channels. Definitely a good benefit to have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The process to edit and duplicate posts is a bit clunky. In other programs I've been able to mark each post to go to multiple channels. On Sprout, I can only do that in the creation - I can't edit to add another channel to a specific post.

The approvals process is a bit odd as well. We can only have internal approvals within the company. Our clients aren't able to approve unless they are also Sprout members (they're not and have no other reason to be), which makes it a bit clunky to get our approvals for comms plans through each week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Schedule time with a Sprout rep to walk through all of the tools. We all benefitted from these walk-throughs, and so glad we did them! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have more information in the reporting than we've had before! Clean reports to show clients, and to find different angles to tell the stories we need to be telling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Olivia Jepson of Sprout Social

Thank you for your feedback and candor, Caroline. It's feedback like this that helps us improve and I'll make sure to share these pain points back with our team.

What do you like best?

I love how interactive the Sprout employees are in making sure we have all the tools and resources we need. The reporting feature is also really great, detailed and helpful. I love that we can customize our reports and present the most important information to our CEO. It helps those who are not familiar with social media practices read the information with ease. I'm really interested in diving more into the listening tool as paid feature, soon, hopefully. I always use your "best time to post" suggestions as well and our posts typically do well with the suggestions. So, I think those are super helpful. Oh! The Facebook group is also SO helpful and such a great community to be part of. I love that I can continue to expand my knowledge and bounce ideas off other social media professionals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we don't have a "link in bio" feature for Instagram. That would truly seal the deal and we wouldn't have to use a third party service instead. Sprout would be a one-stop-shop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're considering Sprout, definitely make the decision. The platform is amazing, so resourceful and the employees are amazing. They reach out and make sure you have all the tools you need to make the best use of Sprout and are always really down to earth. They also have a Facebook community (group) that is AMAZING to learn from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've improved our response time on Facebook tremendously thanks to the great notifications and ability to respond in-app. We've also realized how great the social listening tool can be and have suggested we add this to our plan (internally). The reporting feature is a great benefit to us and the customizability of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Marketing
What do you like best?

This is an excellent tool to manage social media accounts while gaining valuable analysis tools to easily understand and represent the value of the social media engagement to the business. The automated, formal reports that can be sent on a regularly scheduled basis ensures that execs have access to the results of social media outreach in an easy to understand, formal report. This saves me HUGE amounts of time in creating reports on a regular cadence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My focus on the tool was essentially the content calendar for posting and the back-end analysis. I did not engage with additional features in the tool so I cannot offer thoughts on those solutions. For what I needed, this is the best tool I have found. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The #1 problem is simplifying the time required to create formal decks for the executive team to help them understand the value of social media and its benefits to the company. These auto-created and emailed reports are outstanding are a major time saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Olivia Jepson of Sprout Social

Thanks for sharing this feedback, Stephen!

Head Designer
What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, it has all the tools well distributed in the main panel. I can run different campaigns through email or conventional digital platforms. The support is great, it keeps me up to date with any information. I can have a great degree of advertising recognition on the web. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it sometimes presents me with errors at the moment of making a campaign, specifically at the moment of choosing the template. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend the software because you can grow in professional marketing in a very advanced way by this program. It will help you to attract customers in a proper, simple and safe way. Very good service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been very strategic when using the program because it works in a direct way in marketing distribution. It has given an excellent performance to strengthen the commercial area and provide the most appropriate quality to customers with marketing demands. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Manager
What do you like best?

Intuitive system, informative and accurate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a huge fan of the current tagging report, I'd like to see more data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sprout is a wonderful tool for businesses that need an easy, but in-depth out of the box solution. If you don't want to waste time setting up custom reporting, you can use their default reports and they'll typically meet your reporting needs. Programming content, editing images, previewing, and programming are a breeze. The social inbox is also easy to use. If you don't require heavy automation for your social needs, this is the perfect tool for your organization and it is very reasonably priced for the tools you get, as well as the service and support. I also love that they have Facebook groups for marketing and agency partners, this is a significant help for those moments when you need to seek outside help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social scheduling

Social monitoring

Social reporting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

For me, the most important is that I can manage all my clients in one place. That I can schedule posts for all social media accounts. Second, I really like your reports. They are very useful, UX-friendly and I like it more than the Facebook Insights tool. I'm also using Sprout Social for customer service. We have a lot of clients mostly restaurants and bars so we need to answer questions from customers very fast and manage all reviews.

Sometimes I moderate ad comments in the Smart Inbox and it's really useful for me. I like also that I can work with all my team. We can review our ideas using the draft feature. I saw also the new feature: Google My Business Publishing. I'm using Google My Bussines every day for publishing posts and I would love to use it in Sprout Social. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't know why, but you removed the Optimal Send Times feature. It was really helpful with scheduling posts. It will be also good if you can provide more features for Instagram including Stories and also IGTV. It will be great if I can tag products from Social Sprout on my Instagram posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to use all of the futures and you will see that Sprout Social is so helpful with your daily work routine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The most important is that I can react to statistics really fast and I can answer questions from our customers in one place so I don't spend a lot of time on that. I also using Sprout Social to navigate hashtags for the restaurant industry and check potential influencers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The team is very hands on to help you understand everything about your social insights, and the system is very intuitive and easy to pick up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price can get kind of steep at times, especially if you manage multiple brands and platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have the budget available, Sprout is definitely worth considering for your social media management. They have a great support team to help you when you have questions, and a ton of integrations to make managing multiple platforms as easy as possible. They also have the easiest scheduling tool I've found thus far, so I can set up posts and get them off my plate to spend more time diving into things like analytics.

There is a price tag attached to using this, like many other platforms. What you pay is what you get and with Sprout, you really do get a ton. BUT if you're on a tight budget, Sprout might not be for you. It could be worth using their trial feature to see how their tools improve your work efficiency, then determine if it's something you can make room in the budget for.

Overall, it's a great experience and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to automate their social media efforts a bit more! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems at this point with Sprout! The biggest benefit in my eyes is their smart inbox. It's been the easiest way to manage engaging with followers across platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy the detailed analytics we have access to with Sprout, and each platform is broken down into engagement, audience demographics, top performing posts, and more. I also enjoy the publishing calendar. It's so easy to schedule all of my content in advance, while keeping an eye on relevant topic matters that are happening in the world around us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that the Listening tool is an additional paid feature. I wish there were parts of the tool I have access to without having to purchase an entire new plan. I also have issues from time to time with failed posts that I scheduled in advance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The team is incredibly easy to work with, and they always check in with me to ensure I'm getting the most I can out of Sprout for my brand. If you want to work with people who genuinely care about your social media success, no matter the industry, Sprout is an excellent choice for you. It's so user-friendly! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to get more detailed with the reports I share with the Executive Team, and there are major benefits to the webinars Sprout hosts to keep me in the loop on all kinds of social media happenings. I also like having the ability to publish to all platforms my brand is active on at once without having to go back and forth on different individual pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Strategist
Internet
What do you like best?

The user experience is well designed, adding additional profiles is a snap, and the interface and speed far outstrips every competitor I've ever used. The support team (whether through live instant chat or email) is quick to respond, as well as provide meaningful and workable solutions. The cost may be a bit more than some competition but it's worth every dollar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the scheduling issues like delays, the inability to support GIFs is a *huge* problem as that file type is becoming more and more ubiquitous across social platforms in lieu of full, drawn out text or sentences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As an agency, we manage social for dozens of clients across anywhere from one to five channels (including YouTube and Twitter), and Sprout is flexible enough to be able to handle the vastly different types of content we're uploading for our clients on a daily basis. Benefits include streamlining our content production and approval process as well as having clients feel they have full agency in their voice and tone on their social channels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We love using the Smart Inbox feature! It allows us to closely monitor all messages and comments in one location. And having multiple campuses and ministries, with many social channels, it's so easy to keep an eye on what our community is saying. The listening feature has been a game changer, and helps us to find trends in conversations so we can create relevant social content and marketing plans.

We have been able to increase our audience engagement tremendously using Sprout Social. While we used to only post a few times per week, now we're able to see where our audience is and at what times, for the most effective content. The publishing platform is super helpful since we have about 18+ social media outlets we are posting to each day; LOVE using the calendar view. There are so many social media channels to keep an eye on, it's nice to get a birds-eye view of what's going on each week/month. And make sure each channel isn't competing with each other.

Sprout does a lot of the analyzing work for us; so we have more time to come up with ideas and create engaging content! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside would be the cost. It is expensive compared to Hootsuite etc. but if your company can swing it, it's worth every penny! It has so many more features than other platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had difficulty engaging our audience before Sprout. With the analytics feature, we are able to break down what people engage with the most: what types of photos, carousel vs. text images, etc. We are also able to see what times are best to post for each platform... this has helped so much! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The scheduling abilities and the easy access to post performance is what I like best. It has helped me stay organized, especially with the many different social platforms and pages we have throughout our organization. I also like the ability to duplicate posts because it helps other users utilize my posts for other Facebook pages, since we have so many. I also like the suggested times for posting. I base posts off of the 3, 4 and 5 star times that I would otherwise not know. I love the updated analytics that allow me to customize my report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike much about Sprout. I would like to be able to schedule carousel Instagram posts and to be able to accurately see the analytics of boosted Instagram posts. If there were any way to implement story scheduling in the future that would also be extremely helpful. S Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sprout Social really has it all, especially if you have a lot of pages to manage. It helps keep everything in one place and the organization is well thought out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sprout Social has helped me realize which posts are doing well and which are not. I have realized benefits of tracking. I have also solved the problem of lost or disorganized assets with the Asset Library. This gives each member of our team access to the things I have created and posted for their respective pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The convenience and ease of posting across all networks with the insights on posting time that Sprout is so well known for is what I would consider the best part of Sprout Social. I've had jobs where I've had to log into each network separately and manually do all the posting. It's a huge chore and not the best way to work at all in my opinion. We have to manage five accounts and that's just too much without a solution like Sprout in place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like, and this is the platforms' fault and not Sprout's, is that working with video can sometimes be a bit tough. I would love to post multiple videos to Facebook, but they don't let me. I would love to post longer videos to Instagram, but for standard posts, you can't. I can't blame any of that on Sprout. Otherwise my list of complaints about the platform is empty. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My teammates and I are able to collaborate and to do so in a time-efficient way. That collaboration was done before through emails and outl oud conversations which are easy to lose track of and quite possibly forget. That, plus the reporting functionality, is what sets Sprout apart. I don't know that many other platforms have the reporting capability that Sprout Social has. When it comes time to present to management, everything I need is a few clicks away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love being able to post on multiple social media platforms at once. I don't have to go to multiple sites to queue posts - it's all in one convenient place! I've also found the optimal post times feature to be incredibly helpful. I used to spend hours researching the best times to post on social media, but Sprout Social automates this process and caters it to my specific audience. It saves me so much time! I also like the calendar layout of the publishing page. Having a visual element to see when I have post schedules is incredibly helpful for ensuring that I keep up with our established content calendar. I can see gaps and opportunities for posts, all laid out in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because I submit posts for approval by my supervisor, it can be a bit confusing and hard to rectify when one of my posts doesn't get approved by its scheduled time. The notification that the post wasn't made is hard to find. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I've found Sprout Social to be extremely helpful regardless of industry. Any company or organization you work for that balances multiple social media platforms will benefit from this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to greatly increase audience engagement with our media through Sprout Social. While we used to only post once a week, now we're able to increase the number of posts we make, thus increasing our audience. When we conducted a big day of fundraising a couple weeks ago, we were able to seamlessly make multiple posts throughout the day. This encouraged people to check out our fundraising page multiple times, therefore increasing our total number of donations! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Board Member
What do you like best?

While all social media management tools offer similar products to get the job done, SproutSocial truly differentiates itself with its easy-to-use interface and deep care for serving its customers/clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Still waiting on a comprehensive, open API to connect our in-house reporting tools and increase efficiencies. As a current user of SproutSocial, I know they're working on this feature but am still unsure when it will be completed to the extent that we need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd advise reviewing all the different tiers SproutSocial offers since only certain features are offered at particular tiers. We started out at a more basic level but have upgraded over the years to their enterprise account and it was well worth it. In the top tier, you can expect to spend more money on the tool but you also get access to all the new and upcoming features as well that may be in beta testing. We've love to have a say in the new, upcoming products to help shape them to our business needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SproutSocial helps us plan content for six of our main social media channels, easily pull original and custom reports, listen to a variety of different hashtags, accounts and topics, and answer the hundreds of inbound messages/comments we receive in a timely, organized manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.