Springboard Retail

Springboard Retail

Springboard Retail is a cloud-based solution that gives you access to real-time data with POS, dashboards and reporting, customer management, customer orders, inventory management, and purchasing and receiving.

Click now to watch a short demo of the only Retail POS software built for retailers, by retailers.

Work for Springboard Retail?

Learning about Springboard?

Springboard Retail Reviews

Ask Springboard a Question
Showing 86 Springboard reviews
Joe R.

"Great Point of Sale for a Multi-store Chain"

What do you like best?

The ability to import items is by far the best feature. I just finished importing the full catalogs for two separate companies one had 2k SKUs, the other was shoes and imported 33k items, with images. We don't carry all 33k, but this is great for special orders and makes it easy to order new items.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can say I don't like about Springboard Retail is that it doesn't have Units Of Measure (UOM). If you're a retailer you probably get packs, but there isn't a way to order a bowl of items and have it enter as 100 pieces. I would love to be able to place an order for 1 bowl with my distributor and receive 1 bowl, but have it populate with, say, 100 pieces. Purchasing UOM is 1 bowl, sales UOM is 1 piece. I love this functionality in my warehouse software. Hopefully, we will see this in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Whether you have one store, or seven as we do, this product is excellent. We briefly considered using a much more expensive Enterprise Resource Planning tool, that also had a Point of Sale. The price tag was outrageous. Springboard delivers a lot of what they were offering without cutting into our profits. Sure it doesn't offer predictive AI, but it frees up so much of our time that WE can start making predictions about what stock levels we need.

We are solving so many problems. We've been using Transfers to move product from stores that are sitting on product to those that are moving them. Our employees have also begun using transfers to complete sales for customers when they are sold out. The real-time inventory makes that possible as well. This has saved us lots of money.

Also, the speed with which reports can be run, and altered, makes our decision-making process a lot better. We, now, quickly make decisions about markdowns, transfers, or increasing reorder points.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Springboard Retail
Joe R.

"Best Point of Sale for the value!"

What do you like best?

Reports! We are making quicker decisions on product that we ever have before thanks to the robust reporting features. I love that you can basically go from a sales report to the exact transaction in a few clicks. We have 7 stores all on Springboard and finding out what sells best, or worst is so simple. Just this past 2 weeks we've eliminated so many slow-moving items. Springboard has upped our game immeasurably.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have is that I can't upload a file to change Item #s. I love that you can change item #s, but you can't do it in bulk.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The product is so easy to use. We're a growing company and were entertaining the idea of going to an ERP, but the pricing was just too high. Springboard delivers a lot of the functionality of an expensive ERP for a low price, and they are upfront about pricing. The ERP kept doing demos but it took a month before a price tag was revealed.

The biggest problem we're solving is stale product. We are moving product from slow-moving stores to those that are selling them. This reduces our spending as we fill from a store rather than a vendor. We are marking down product faster, and selling through product that is just doing okay. The saving from not accidentally re-ordering a product that sold once in three months, for example, has been substantial. We're seriously just making way better buying decisions than before. OH! And taking Springboard to Expos to know in real-time how a vendor's products are doing. So amazing!

What Retail POS solution do you use?

Raymond H.

""Springboard Retail Review""

What do you like best?

Springboard's announcing capacity is dynamic - it functions as quick as my mind works. With Springboard I can cut the information any way I need in only seconds. I likewise have been reliably awed by the help group - whenever I have an inquiry, the group is accessible to address my inquiries - and dependably with an inviting and accommodating frame of mind, it just feels truly soothing to realize I have a help group who appears to think about our business as much as I do. In the event that they don't have the appropriate response I am searching for, they rush to give a recommendation to a workaround and add our need to a rundown of undertakings they have going ahead. I have seen pretty much each and every one of my recommendations transform into a component on Springboard. Springboard essentially centers around completing one thing unfathomably well - Retail giving snappy access to key client data that empowers deals staff to offer outstanding and customized client administration, and offers the most broad detailing framework I've found in the different items I've utilized or looked into.

What do you dislike?

None comes to mind since utilizing this fantastic software, if there happens to be any the support team is amazing!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their client administration is the best I have experienced ever. They are generally accessible with practically no hold up time. The staff is educated and addresses any issues that emerge in an opportune way. It is a great software and i recommend.

It is online you can get to it anyplace and enter stock when you are not in the store without having the POS set up on another PC, given me some adaptability in business. Detailing highlights help me break down business better. Dashboard gives a diagram of all data I need once a day.

Jean Claude Jean G.

"Absolutly amazing !! "

What do you like best?

The concept of an web base vs Program .Easy to navigate and run reports. Also i can access on any of my devices. There's time where I'm not in the office and want info on client,I was not able to obtain but now with spring board i can access all receipt info , history on any of my customer at any time.

What do you dislike?

There's not too many dislike about springboard. However, there's times where my additional devices such as printers and receipt would disconnect.

Fast turn around , and payment process. I'm able to carry my I Pad with me as i speak to my clients. Once ready to conplete transaction simply pull up item and process payment .

Ashley B.

"Springboard does a great job keeping track of our inventory through multiple sales reps and stores."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of adding inventory, images, seeing what is in stock or on order, or out with a sales rep. Everything can be done very quickly and on the go on my phone or ipad.

What do you dislike?

We are wholesale so we have to use some of the parts of Springboard in other ways. There is no set consignment memo option so we use Sales orders instead, It works, but a consignment option would be great. A better Quickbooks integration would be good, too. Now we have to double enter everything from Springboard into Quickbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great program especially if you have lots of inventory and many locations or sales reps. The mobile-ness of it is wonderful!

We love seeing our best sellers quickly at a glance and being able to run reports on our stock inventory or sales reps inventories. We can see what is in and out of stock so we know what to reorder and when.

Megan O.

"Springboard Review"

What do you like best?

I think checking people out is super simple and the reporting is easy to use. The program links with my website (Shopify) and the Management One database, which is necessary for us.

What do you dislike?

There are weird little quirks they just seem like they would be fixed by now...

If we type in an item without a price, and a box pops up for the price, the cursor does not move to the price.

You can't select all items on a ticket and return them...you have to do each item individually, that seems ridiculous.

I don't LOVE the process of entering an item, putting it on an order, then receiving that order. It's fine for large orders...but when we randomly receive a one-off of something, it would be nice to have some sort of short cut.

It also really annoys me that when you click Find Ticket from the sidebar when you're in a ticket...it is a different screen and gives you different information than if you click Dashboard> Sales> Tickets. I don't understand why those two screens would be different??

I REALLY hate the process of printing a tag for something. I don't know if this is a Mac thing, but it should have been fixed by now. In our old system, printing a tag was literally one click. In Springboard, you have the create a PDF of the tag or it prints blurry, so it's something like 5-6 clicks just to print one tag. Again, seems like an easy fix and totally ridiculous that we still have to do this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would want to show them how we do things and the things we find tedious to see if this is something they are OK with.

n/a

E
Executive Sponsor

"Springboard"

What do you like best?

Customer Service. I mainly talk to Sarah and she does a great job and is very timely in her responses. Would like to see SB implement true chat at least during the day and 24 hour response when staff is not available. We have had very little down time.

What do you dislike?

In the marketing material SB states that if the data is in the data base you can report on the data. This is not really true. I have found at least two cases where this isn't correct. Also, the system does not allow you to go back and correct a mistake after any type of transaction is completed. The reason give is for audit purposes. In my prior life I was a partner in a major accounting firm and as long as the software provides an audit trail this is not an issue. Wish they would add this function would save users a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend time understanding the reporting capabilities and the other software you can integrate with.

Also, spend time learning what you need to do in the system once you have closed out a transaction. The first one is a plus of the system and the second is a weakness.

Not sure how to demonstrate the quality of SB customer service other than have potential clients call current users.

I am not sure how to answer this. The reporting tool is very helpful (except for the problem stated earlier) but to really solve a business issue you need to run reports and then export into excel and complete the analysis to realize the benefit. We are integrated with Management One (M1) Open to Buy system and that is very beneficial and deal with the major problem of inventory management. We also by way of M1 get conversion and traffic information. SB should look into integrating directly with HeadCount to provide traffic and conversion information. A little more expensive that the current SB conversion solution but I believe it is a better value and you deal with an expert in traffic and conversion and great daily reporting directly to store management.

Darren S.

"Ideal POS for Retail Stores"

What do you like best?

Springboard offers a robust reporting platform with a large supply of metrics and item attributing. The integrated ordering and receiving ability also makes inventory control much more accurate and dependable which also makes the accounting better! All in all, the system provides most of the answers I need w/out having to go outside the box too much.

What do you dislike?

Its more expensive than competitors and being cloud based leaves us susceptible to issues if the internet goes out on us... Also, a time clock feature would be appreciated!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Springboard is a robust POS system that is great for retail stores and especially for stores that focus in Apparel. The reporting is very flexible and in depth. My previous experience was in the buying office of a big box retailer and I have been pleasantly surprised that I have been able to mimic the majority of the reports I had available at the big box. The integration of ordering and receiving also makes for more accurate inventory control as well as accounting through Quickbooks. We are also integrated with our Shopify website which syncs inventory and streamlines our processing for both channels.

In depth reporting analysis is crucial for our business and can be achieved because of the flexibility to customize item attributes in an unlimited way.

Being able to create, track, and receive orders directly in the system help us with planning our inventory over time.

Kendall W.

"Personal Experience using Springboard"

What do you like best?

The ease of communication from a corporate level to the in store retail sales level. Springboard makes it very easy for the buyer and anyone working in development and analytics to all work together whether that is sharing and saving certain reports that are easy to digest for a retail associate, to placing the purchase orders so that the retail teams know what is heading their way. Including photos also allows them to visualize the new product they will be receiving.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the reporting gets a bit messy - playing with the pivot points and specifics are a big confusing at times. But once I can figure it out and save it, it's easy. Communication from springboard also gets a bit muddy - I get the webinar emails but if there was a specific person assigned to my region that was very familiar with my business and account that could suggest certain webinars or training methods that they think would be best for my business, that would be excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely connect with people who are involved in buying and business development/analytics. These people are the driving forces of store-front retail although they work from a desk, and if they are able to pull all of the information they need easily from a POS you will know it is a good system.

I am solving the problem of not knowing what is selling and how quickly. Springboard allows us to pull just about any report we need to analyze our business to prevent too much rollover after a season, and to help us ensure we are re-ordering in the proper timelines when things begin to move quickly.

Seth G.

"Great Software, Better People"

What do you like best?

Intuitive nature of the product, robust reporting features, teamwork and support from the company.

The POS is easy to use and requires very little training to be up and running efficiently. All areas of the software feel cohesive and connected - easy to move from one feature to the next and use with ease.

What do you dislike?

Fiscal calendar limitations including the ability to input our own calendar date ranges.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great product overshadowed only by excellent customer service. The company has, and is, building a software platform that strategically combines terrific user interface with outstanding business applications. The POS is easy to use and very intuitive, and the back-end use is practically limitless while remaining within the understanding of various user levels. I can't say enough about the customer service and teamwork Springboard Retail provides. We always feel as if we are working as a team with them and not two separate companies. Lastly, the company is genuinely interested in what their clients have to say - big or small. Springboard eagerly accepts input and feedback while acting upon it in such a way that benefits the customer. The company is constantly evolving and is a pioneer in providing the latest advances in retail software.

Faster checkout at point of sale

Minimal training needed to be up and running effectively

Better customer data collection

Mobility when using product both within the store and for back-end users

Robust data mining

Sydel C.

"User friendly, even for non-techies"

What do you like best?

Very easy to learn and customize. Even our staff that have never used a touchpad in their lives and are not computer saavy have been able to easily learn how to use Springboard. Importing and creating items is also very easy. We had to create and count over 10,000 items when we first implemented our POS system and were able to do so within a week. This was made easier by using their templates and gathering as much data as possible from our vendors ahead of time.

What do you dislike?

Re-order levels do not take into account items being reserved/on layaway. They are working on improving this, so hopefully this issue will be resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are starting from scratch, create your categories and sub-categories first. Then get as much info as possible from your vendors and create spreadsheets to do mass imports of items before starting your physical count.

We are able to more accurately stock the correct level of each product and not run out before receiving replenishments. We are also able to track exactly what each customer receives and when, helping us to serve them more efficiently and accurately.

Melissa S.

"Great POS Solution"

What do you like best?

Vigorous detailing highlights, cooperation and backing from the organization. Extremely simple to learn and redo. It empowers enough abilities to enable retailers to keep up a decent association with their clients. We incorporated our eCommerce stage with Springboard, which was a substantial tech lift, however it's presently finished and functioning admirably.

What do you dislike?

Not having our Barcode constantly visable or visable through fare and it doesn't give you a chance to include costs past a second decimal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make a point to take a gander at the request fufillment side of Springboard. Incredible framework for remote access yet solicit a ton from inquiries in advance and really transfer information into your example record to play with. It is clear and easy to explore. Profoundly suggest.

Simple detailing which encourages me with re-requests, finance, and measurements. I can follow top dealers/moderate venders. Convenience for the group, not a great deal of preparing essential. Presently, we can monitor our store deals numbers and objectives just as stock needs. By and large, Its a decent POS framework that gives point by point announcing.

"Excellent system for the small retailer"

What do you like best?

The system is fairly intuitive and easy to get up to speed on. The POS aspect is straight forward and provides a nice set of alerts to notify users of pending issues with transfers or discrepancies. Although it is not a fully functioning CRM system, it enables enough capabilities to allow retailers to maintain a good relationship with their customers.

What do you dislike?

It seems like the system was developed up to a point of meeting most companies' needs, but has not completely covered all the necessary bases to enable a fully functioning multi-channel retailer. For example, the integration with Shopify is "OK", but not great. Also, there should a metadata dictionary so everyone knows what distinguishes various terms (such as "tickets" from "transactions").

I was moving from an old legacy system that was server dependent. Springboard has enabled me to get an idea how business is doing and what the drivers are from anywhere...

Aubrey G.

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

I love all of the reporting features! There are endless possibilities to maximize our business

What do you dislike?

Searching items by description within the scan line as opposed to popping open the find section would be a fantastic improvement, things move quite quickly in retail and evert extra second helps!

Keeping our inventory 100% accurate is so easy with the helpful adjustment tools! I love all of the features i.e units on hand changing along with my adjustments

Also love keeping an eye on all store locations via our Dashboard!

"E-Commerce Director"

What do you like best?

I like that we can view our retail business as a whole in one system. We integrated our eCommerce platform with Springboard, which was a heavy tech lift, but it's now complete and working well.

What do you dislike?

The response time from my Account Manager. To my understanding their Data Migration team is extremely busy, so I understand if projects take longer but to not get a response has been alarming. Sometimes I'll have asks that don't get answered for weeks.

This solved our inventory management issue. We were are working toward a seamless customer experience. By linking our eCommerce and store POS system we are able to do returns, gift cards, inventory transfers and much more across platforms. It's been about 6 months and we are already noticing a difference.

TJ M.

"Quick Replies if there are any issues!"

What do you like best?

The Springboard Team has always been very helpful and quick to respond to any inquiries.

What do you dislike?

As normal software does Springboard has a few glitches here and there, but again they are always very quick to get their team on it and resolve any situations that may arise. Also we would like Springboard to integrate a Time Clock feature.

Real time inventory of our product is great. If I sell an item in our Virginia Beach location, my Richmond and Charlotesville locations will know immediately if they search for that item.

UA
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Intuitive with few snags"

What do you like best?

I love the plethora of options to modify reporting, the customizable snap shot view of business and the detailed customer profiles. I can't tell you how many times I've developed a better relationship with people by looking at their past business with us. Oh, AND THE ITEM HISTORY yessssss! It has saved inventory counts and tracking down lost items soo many times having a full, complete, clean breakdown of the how, when and who of every single SKU. Life changing.

What do you dislike?

As intuitive as SpringBoard is, I'm surprised a "back" or "swipe right" on iPads isn't available. PLEASE include this in a patch soon <3 Other than that, I gots nothing to complain about =)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

-Have an up-to-date external credit card processor (like Clover). It's clean and easy to set up/modify.

-Take a day or two to learn reporting. Once you master it, you'll never want to go back!

Retail always has the problem of missing items, incorrectly filling items in need and having an intuitive process for allocating product. Springboard reporting has solved much of these problems by offering a system that is integrated with the POS and offers importing to Excel !

AM

"Good point-of-sale system for small businesses"

What do you like best?

The user interface is easy to use and the support team is great to work with. We wanted to customize the information on our price tags and they made that process very quick and easy. They are fast to respond to support questions via email. I do wish we had used the set-up process they offer to get our inventory into the system. I think it would have saved us money in the long run.

What do you dislike?

Like most systems, there is a learning curve. And the customization you can do is limited. For example, we sell one of a kind items, so the purchase order and receiving process felt a bit cumbersome at first, but there is no way around it. And I understand why you can't go back and edit things like dates of invoices, but for a very small business like ours, we are not concerned with employee fraud so it would be very convenient to be able to make quick corrections.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really think about all of the features that you need in a point-of-sale and inventory system. Sometimes the more features that are included the more difficult the product is to use on a day-to-day basis. I think Springboard offers a nice variety of features (vendor management, purchases orders, etc) while keeping the process of doing very routine important things really simple (creating an invoice for example).

Keeping track of inventory and creating invoices for clients.

"So far so good"

What do you like best?

I like that Springboard is Cloud Based and everywhere I need it to be. I really like that there can be as many back end users on it at one time even if we only have one POS register open. it allows a lot of work to be done simultaneously that before had to be done by a single person on a single fixed computer. I can now work anywhere in the store or away from it.

What do you dislike?

Took far longer to bring online than we had anticipated. (6 Months). The blame for this falls mostly on our legacy system that would not export any data into Springboard so we had to manually load every single item of stock into Springboard. Also I wish automatic grinding was possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to others in your industry and see if there is anyone using it to ensure it will meet your needs.

Many more reports are possible now. Real time updates. The ability to use the manufacture UPC's. Multiple back end users on simultaneously. Portable POS to bring to events. Clear concise receipts. E-mailed receipts.

"Great Software, Quick Response and Quick to Make Needed Updates"

What do you like best?

Springboard has been great for my ability to begin to build a omni-channel resource. Multiple locations make keeping multiple inventories accurate and Springboard support is always there to answer a question. Its a user friendly system once you've built it they way you want and Springboard is always looking for ways to improve.

What do you dislike?

With so many options in Springboard reporting it can be overwhelming. Unexperienced users and staff have a hard time finding what they need. We also have over 10k sku in the system, this can cause a bit of lag and hard to export all items. Another downside of springboard is not having our Barcode # always visable or visable via export. However SB always responds quickly and helps with an export.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a great software but needs a computer savy person to set up. Can be a little confusing at first but is very intuitive.

It has allowed us to manage multiple inventories and given capabilities to eventually integrate all of our channels.

"Springboard POS - Great!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of the Sale Window, it is easy to learn and simple to teach to others. It is straight forward. I like that you can apply discounts to individual items or all of the items on a ticket at once. I also like the fact that each employee has a profile and account so if we have questions with a transaction we can go to a specific person instead of asking everyone who did it.

What do you dislike?

Trying to figure out how to run reports. It is hard for me to figure out what specific number I am looking for by reading all of the report options. I have used the conditioning and filters in running reports and I understand that Springboard is used for a huge variety of things but I have a hard time finding the numbers I want to see exactly. I still like all of the reporting options but it's a little complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Springboard to others looking for a easy to use POS system. It has several options for different types of reporting, keeps track of inventory and allows you to give reason codes for a number of things to keep better track of why things are done.

We are all able to sign into individual accounts and restrict access to certain information. We were able to do inventory in half the time this last time around because of Springboard!! It went from a 7 or 8 hour task to 4 or 5! No more working into the wee hours of the morning doing inventory!

Julia R.

"Impossible to talk to customer service after less than 1y"

What do you like best?

POS works fine. Reports are great (but I have to call with questions - my old POS was easier), customer service is always helpful but really hard to get a hold of

What do you dislike?

POS portal sold a bad product and the only solution is buy another one ( the one I bought was so bad they discontinued). Customer service used to be easy to get a hold of in the beginning, now I always have to leave a message and wait for a call back that a lot of times doesn't happen

Our old POS wasn't cloud based, so that is definitely an improvement. I listed the problems above

Ed G.

"Great, until an update resulted in 20% of my inventory getting deleted."

What do you like best?

Customer service, training modules, ease of use, reporting functions

What do you dislike?

Unwillingness of Springboard to reimburse me when I requested to cancel my subscription due to their code errors that deleted my inventory. Also, the constant runaround with Springboard, Vantiv and DeJavoo whenever there was a credit card sale inaccuracy. Lack of compatibility with Mac's & Chrome - must use plug-in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to lose years of inventory data without compensation from Springboard to rebuild on your own. Be prepared not to be reimbursed for the time and costs of rebuilding due to Springboard code errors.

It functions as a mediocre POS software for my retail shop.

jessica k.

"Great, Easy to Learn POS"

What do you like best?

It is easy to learn, keeps track of everything I need it to. Love the dashboard that instantly tells me the things I need to know. Love that it integrates with Management One .

What do you dislike?

Running reports can be confusing. Doesn't let you input prices past a 2nd decimal

I can track units sold and give my employees goals that they can monitor instantly. I can log into my computer from home and work from home!

Dustin J.

"Springboard Retail"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use program with the ability to customize reports. Also appreciate the support when I have any issues or questions.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have is that I paid around $1000 to get started and was told this is for startup training. I did not use any start up training so I feel that Springboard took a large sum of money from me that I shouldn't have to spend. It is more important that I have this money for my new business.

Easy reporting which helps me with re-orders, payroll, and statistics.

Learn more about Springboard Retail

Springboard Retail Videos

Learning about Springboard Retail?

* We monitor all Springboard Retail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.