Sorc'd Reviews & Product Details

CEO and Founder
Internet
What do you like best?

Writers are a meandering bunch. Their way of researching often takes them down rabbit holes as they find something interesting, get distracted by something shiny and then find themselves with a new source or quote or idea. Sorc'd allows writers and knowledge managers to wander and not just leave a trail of browser cookies--it lets writers collect the nuggets on the fly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The product continues to evolve. New integrations with the leading writing software make it a great tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

These writer/researcher efficiency scissors belong in every writer's digital toolkit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sorc'd Overview

What is Sorc'd?

Capture Anywhere, Use It Everywhere- Sorc’d provides the most efficient and effective way to save, share and apply snippets of relevant content, creating smarter, more productive teams, flourishing thought leaders, and individuals who discover something new every day. Sorc’d empowers content creators to build stronger content, faster through a cloud-powered knowledge database of digestible snippets of relevant content, substantially decreasing research time and giving users more time to focus on what matters. Sorc’d seamlessly integrates with numerous content creation systems, such as Microsoft Office ( Word, Powerpoint, Excel, & Outlook) and Google Docs/Sheets.

Sorc'd Details
Discussions
Sorc'd Community

Sorc’d empowers content creators to build stronger content, faster through a cloud-powered knowledge database of digestible snippets of relevant content, substantially decreasing research time and giving users more time to focus on what matters. Sorc’d seamlessly integrates with numerous content creation systems, such as Microsoft Office and Google Docs.

Sorc'd is integrated with Chrome and Firefox allowing users to capture snippets of relevant text in a central location for you and team to recall quickly. Now integrated with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and Google Docs/Sheets. Simply recall the snippet and source URL and insert with one click.

SORC'D
2014
Chicago, IL
@Sorc_d

Sorc'd Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Sorc'd community
Have you used Sorc'd before?

Sorc'd Reviews

Showing 40 Sorc'd reviews
Already have Sorc'd?
UE
What do you like best?

Easy-to-use, simple database for storing citations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hard to integrate into actual paper for submission. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great to keep track of citations when writing long research work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Consultant, New Business Generator and Web Developer
What do you like best?

Sorc'd is a great tool for someone like myself who is constantly looking for new content/ideas and needs a quick/efficient way to find content ideas, as well as, be able to save and remember where you found the information at online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the tool works great overall and will continue to improve as more and more people use and take advantage of the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a content marketer or agency that benefits from finding and sharing information and content as a team, Sorc'd is a tool you must try out! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I help businesses generate revenue through online marketing... Including content marketing which Sorc'd is a great tool and has made me realize and appreciate how difficult it can be to find and remember all of the content we access online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder, Chief Innovation Officer
What do you like best?

Strange as it may sound, I like the idea that it's there---even though I haven't really used it yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the automatic pop up tab when I open my browser. I also find the page that does pop up rather busy, which deters me from wanting to dive in and learn more. I would prefer it were a simple step 1, step 2, step 3 that shows how to use sorc'd. OR, it would be great if it could say "hey, you visit this site frequently, here's how sorc'd would work on that site." Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a good understanding of what you need it for first, so you don't just have it laying around for the sake of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think I will start using it so I can bring up articles while recording podcasts. I want to publish more written content on Medium.com as well, and could use Sorc'd to help write the articles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

Sorc'd allows me to manage my browser bookmarks to allow individual content snippets rather than whole pages/sites. It's great for developers who may want to reference code snippets but don't have a central repository for them. I also found it extremely useful for resume writing and job searching as I can save snippets of job descriptions I like/want to follow up on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I like the idea of private content but think the premium price is a bit high to justify trying it out. If there were a limited amount of private snippets I. The free account I might find them useful enough to justify the cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it and you will find many applications where it will save time. I've found that it benefits me in ways that I didn't realize it would. I knew it would be a very useful tool as advertised but until I adopted it into my own personal workflows, I didn't realize it's real benefits to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time savings are huge. Not having to dig through my browser history or bookmarks save an incredible amount of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Girolamo of Sorc'd

Thanks for the review. We do have a 30 day Free Trial period for Premium allowing private snipping.

Operations Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness
What do you like best?

I really like the fact that I can use Socr'd to store information that I repeatedly use for quick, correctly formatted reuse in Google Docs.

Oh, and team Sorc'd has always provided fast and courteous support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I currently would like to see in Sorc'd is to be able to keep links inside my Sorc'd snippets active. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great and flexible tool that integrates well into Google Docs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have solved productivity problems with Sorc'd. I am able to access and reuse information without having to create the same thing again and again. It is Sorc'd integration with Google Docs that has made this particularly effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Girolamo of Sorc'd

Thanks for the positive feedback Barry. We will continue to research how to keep links within captured text alive.

Chief Ideation Officer
Public Relations and Communications
What do you like best?

As a content marketer that often creates in-depth, data-focused reports and long-form content, Sorc'd has proven a valuable tool that allows me to quickly and easily snip relevant data and statistics -- and it fits seamlessly into my workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one downside I've found is the character limit on snippets. While it makes sense in theory, I sometimes need to save quotes or larger snippets that exceed these space limitations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sorc'd makes the process of compiling data from a variety of sources simple for content marketers. It saves me time that I'd otherwise spend clicking back and forth between apps to compile relevant information for content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Girolamo of Sorc'd

Thanks for the review Angela. Yes the character cap is highly debated! Our goal was to keep users focused on the important pieces of an article. Keep sending your feedback to feedback@sorcd.com we are always looking for ways to improve.

Writer
What do you like best?

I like that SORC'D seamlessly integrates with my research process and that all my clippings show up in the same place without a hassle based off of my tags. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Google Docs integration that SORC'd has could be a lot better, as could the browser integration. Sometimes there were crashes or slowdowns. I only stopped using SORC'd because of these Google docs issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be afraid to reach out for help because their support is really awesome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SORC'd makes forming literature reviews and other bibliographies much, much, much faster. Before SORC'd, it might have taken me hours to do the same kind of cutting and pasting of snippets, and it would have been much more disorganized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to share something right from the moment of you setting it up. I also like how it automates it all for you without you having to go the extra mile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not integrate with HubSpot's URL tracking feature, therefore, I would not have all my analytics in one place. We use tracking links from HubSpot to track our engagement with our social media posts, and since it doesn't integrate and automatically give you that as an option, I do not use it. I wish I could though. If that was a feature, then I would be using it more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Integrations with HubSpot's URL tracking system so all the results created by Sorc'd can be in one platformand area that we can view as a whole. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automation and social reach for our social media posts that link back to our blogs, content offers, landing pages and website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Girolamo of Sorc'd

Thanks for the review. We have investigated and are pursuing other Hubspot integrations. Interested to learn more about the mentioned Hubspot link integration. The better we understand the use case we can define the integration and execute. You can reach me feedback@sorcd.com.

What do you like best?

Great for when doing research on the fly. It provides an great way to categorize, store and find snippets of relevant information. Here I can save small bits of information I find interesting to a private cloud-based environment. This way I spend less time doing research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the automatic pop tab or the premium price as well as the character limit on snippets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sorc'd is great for keeping track of the voluminous amount of research I do and consolidating them all into an easy to access location. This has cut down a lot of the time I spend on research in making the process more efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Girolamo of Sorc'd

Thanks for the Feedback Naviah.

What do you like best?

I like the community the best. So far, there are like-minded folks sharing snippets of interesting content that's just a bite size of info, enough to get you interested in a topic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like for sorc'd to have a few more features that other sites like this don't have. Perhaps a OneNote integration. Or if it could be used with Zapier of IFTTT, that would be useful too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to share snippets of a problem i'm trying to solve and gradually coming up with the connections and info needed to solve it or understand it better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Girolamo of Sorc'd

Thanks for the feedback. We are currently working on the Microsoft OneNote integration. Our API is up and running for users to integrate in additional ways. Of course, keep sending suggested use cases to feedback@sorcd.com we will continue to evolve.

What do you like best?

It was quite amazing to easily take snippets of articles and use them with other platforms. It is so helpful if you are researching or writing papers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I was a little disappointed about was the compatibility with other programs like Safari. I wish there were more programs it was completely compatible with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to easily organize relevant information and relay to my colleagues in a timely manner. It is super efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Vice President
What do you like best?

It's ease of use makes it a valuable addition to my toolkit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think it is great the way it is. Nothing to complain about Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps with citing sources and creating efficiencies in our content workflow Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

-Streamlined research process when producing content in some instances because relevant articles and statistics were tagged and shared with other team members

-Could save a lot of time hunting around for particular bits of research Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

-Really dependent on how much you and your team put into it, if people aren't regularly sharing articles and research they come across, the platform starts to lose its value Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

-Supporting content with validated research and statistics, which can be a time-consuming process to hunt around for

-When everything came together, Sorc'd cut down on the amount of time needed to conduct research for content pieces Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder
What do you like best?

As a writer, I am constantly researching topics online. I usually end up with so many tabs open--it can be hard to organize it all. I really like that Sorc'd lets me save quotes from each article in one place. It's much more efficient than my traditional copy & pasting method between Word and Google docs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Organization has always been a challenge for me. I would like if Sorc'd had some visual examples of how a writer with excellent organization would use this. I.e. suggestions for naming conventions with tags to sort through different projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely worth a test run if you do a lot of research online or frequently pull information from across the web. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sorc'd is great for snipping parts of articles and collecting them all in one place. It eliminates the chaos of trying to keep track of tons and tons of article tabs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wellness Coach & Fitness Trainer
What do you like best?

The thing I like best is its seamless integration with Google Docs since I use it mainly for research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything yet that I dislike. Perhaps it could be more integrated with more Google services and with Shopify. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

try it, you'll like it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Research for now, but may use it more for social media content in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Girolamo of Sorc'd

Thanks for the review Jeff! We also integrate with Google Sheets and the Microsoft Office Suite Word, PowerPoint, Excel, & Outlook.

UW
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to grab information you want to save for later from any web page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like seeing everything other people save. I'm not sure why I'm seeing everyone else's stuff Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to recall information when I need it without having to search for it all over again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Girolamo of Sorc'd

Great feedback thank you. We have just added the "Getting Started" tab to assist new users on how to use Sorc'd. You can use the "My Post" to view your snippets alone.

Otherwise, using Sorc'd premium or business you can filter out all public snippets.

UP
What do you like best?

The strength of a productivity tool can be measured by how intuitive it is, and how seamlessly it addresses a paint point that you've long felt the need to address. Sorc'd makes it very straightforward to retain, organize, and make use of important facts and snippets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to be able to access snippets via an iphone app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sorc'd allows me to retain an organized collection of "remember-for-later" facts for professional decks and writing projects, and it also has served me well personally for keeping track of creative tidbits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IV
What do you like best?

Quick snips of information for my journalists to digest and share to each other in newsroom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Character limits. Templates for different use cases. Tagging system needs to improve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Templates for different use cases in a newsroom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Newsroom data exchange. Individual reporters get account and can share to each other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UW
What do you like best?

Sorc'd is a great plug-in for people who want to keep track of important information and/or share it with others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I don't dislike anything, but I've only used a few features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of information for freelance writing projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Digital Marketing and Influencer Relations
What do you like best?

Sorc'd is an easy to use resource for snipping and collecting information from several resources. As a content marketer, it saves me time and resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Overall, I'm very happy with Sorc'd. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Collecting and storing online information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Junior Developer
What do you like best?

The search is so accurate to find an accurate software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike. It's awesome..Keep the good work guys Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company was looking for a sales company and the results were awedome Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Higher Education
What do you like best?

The tools is efficient , relevant and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be improved made more user interactive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For educational blogs, It really simple, improved my efficiency . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mentor
Internet
What do you like best?

Super easy to use and intuitive. Makes researching information so much easier. Cuts down on open tabs, multiple docs, etc. Allows you to easily track and source information as well as share with others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Initially the tool can seem a bit confusing. I'd definitely recommend watching the tutorial video before you get started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love this tool because it helps keep you organized while pulling research from the internet. In the past I'd have several tabs open on my internet browser then forget where I found certain information or data. Sorc'd allows me to quickly grab the information I need, and store it along with the source. Plus I can share what I've found with other people I'm working with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SEO Copywriter & Founder
What do you like best?

Sorc'd continues to get better and better by the day, thanks to integrations with both Google Docs and Microsoft Word. As a freelance blogger with a variety of clients, I have to keep track of a lot of different things at a time. I love to read industry blogs and I hate losing valuable information. Sorc'd has an easy to use interface for capturing and categorizing sources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it's another tool to integrate into my routine, though that's minor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! I believe the offer a free version, and a free trial for the premium version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing a lot of information in an organized manner! Sorc'd has definitely helped save me time while going through assignments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & CEO
What do you like best?

Easily used tool to enable highlighting of relevant information with tagging to ensure that I never lose a tab again when putting together research. I am guilty of opening many tabs to be able to piece together content for a presentation that I working on and still struggle to keep everything straight. A definite time saver! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that they had a Safari extension as I am a loyal Apple user Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

To be a leader in my industry, I do a lot of reading and reviewing of current events. We work in a rapidly evolving industry and Sorc'd is a great tool to enable me to find the content that I want to refer back to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.