Sophos Secure Web Gateway

3.9

Sophos Secure Web Gateway is a software that utilizes the resources of our globally-deployed cloud infrastructure to provide user with big-data reporting without the need for onsite servers or management overhead.

Work for Sophos Secure Web Gateway?

Learning about Sophos Secure Web Gateway?

Sophos Secure Web Gateway Reviews

Showing 18 Sophos Secure Web Gateway reviews
Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by User in Higher Education

"Great software for large network"

What do you like best?

The institution I work at, a large, public university, installed Sophos on all of its in-office desktop equipment, as well as technology such as iPads and Microsoft Surfaces that are issued for remote employee use, in 2016. Since that time, our school has seen a significant decrease in malware on our devices.

What do you dislike?

There are times when employees have tried to access websites that we know are void of malicious threat, but we're denied access by Sophos. Overriding Sophos is impossible.

Ultimately, this is keeping malware off of our devices, extending their usable life, and holding employees accountable for how they use their devices by tracking the websites they access that contain malware.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Sophos Secure Web Gateway
Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great with Scan and Notification"

What do you like best?

I use Sophos at my new company, installed it about a month ago. I really like that it runs in the background and there's nothing required by the user. It has alerted me multiple times about a SpiGot that's been detected and the file path of the threat. This helps me feel confident that it's working properly.

What do you dislike?

it wasn't clear what I need to do once a threat is detected. I tried to find a way to delete the file/item and the only option was to login using Sophos admin creds. Since I'm not an IT admin for my company, i opened an internal ticket. My IT Helpdesk was able to look at my instance and notify me I was ok, but (as a user) I'd prefer a way to delete a threat without having to open an internal helpdesk ticket.

Secure my PC

What Secure Web Gateways solution do you use?

Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by Michael T.
Michael T.

"Good web filter for an enterprise environment"

What do you like best?

Sophos Web Gateway is cloud based uses very little ram and system resources while still doing a good job at web filtering.

What do you dislike?

While Sophos is a good web filtering solution, it is not a great solution. Others like Palo Alto or Iron Port work much better in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I stated above Sophos is a good web filter and it comes as part of a fully comprehensive security suite, so if you are springing for the security suite, no reason to buy a separate web filter.

Keeping users productive by preventing them from going places that they should not go on the internet while they are working.

Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by Ben P.
Ben P.

"Good but not great"

What do you like best?

The app works great and is very low in system draw requirements - So I guess it would be lite...

What do you dislike?

I really dislike it's ability to resolve a reconnection when your computer goes into standby or hibernate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use but be aware that putting your computer to sleep will cause this software to bug.

Adding a layer of protection from hackers but also easy to use email client with office email server.

Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by Akio O.
Akio O.

"Outstanding "

What do you like best?

Sophos s always on top of security specially when it comes to web browsing. It is easy to maintain and deploy the policy from admin portal. You can lock a lot of things down

What do you dislike?

Not at this moment for me to mention anything about this product

since its policy can be monitored and maintained via admin's web portal and this is pretty intuitive to navigate yourself to control your environment. Since it does work well for the banned sites or locations, i dont have any issues with this software.

Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by User

"Useful for protecting internet access in the workplace"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and does not slow down the computer. It protects the computers from viruses and malware, as well as phising sites. The live protection works well, blocking access to risky domains

What do you dislike?

It can be expensive and people can find ways around the blocks, as with any products such as this

We use this in my workplace to block access to domains which are not allowed (such as personal email etc.). This protects the network from attack and increases productivity

Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by Administrator

"Useful and productive."

What do you like best?

It's an easy to use web interface. We're able to manage our users devices and provide challenge/response codes as needed. I like that they have a phonetic spelling for the response codes.

What do you dislike?

It's kind of an outdated web interface. It's very simple and plain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great platform with top notch security.

We are utilizing Sophos to safeguard authorized users and their devices.

Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by Scott K.
Scott K.

" slowed for no apparent reasoncan get you"

What do you like best?

communicative, easy to implement from start to begin

What do you dislike?

slows down without apparent reason & when you call support, it is inconistent

cyber security

Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by User

"sophos secure web gateway"

What do you like best?

we like all the options that this gives us, lots of control on what is going on what is blocked and what is allowed

What do you dislike?

support could be better, alot of times it takes too long to get through to anyone

seeing what is blocked and what is allowed, able to control what gets through as well

Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by User

"Solid and non clunky security interface"

What do you like best?

I find that many other similar companies make it hard to use - Sophie is effective and simple.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say about this software.

As a remote worker, it is important to have proper access to my company information without it going to hackers.

Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by User

"Sophos Keeps You Protected"

What do you like best?

I like how Sophos easily runs in the background, out of sight and out of mind, and keeps you protected from viruses etc

What do you dislike?

I dislike how sometimes it can become unresponsive and stop functioning correctly

I'm keeping my laptop protected while connecting to my company's public wireless network

"Sophos Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, adaptability, functional and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Getting familiarized took a while but once I got it down it was easier

Improved productivity with simpler end point management making it easier for us to spend less time and effort on projects

Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Sophos Review"

What do you like best?

I never had any issues with viruses or breaches when using sophos.

What do you dislike?

I can not pinpoint any issues I had with Sophos.

I was preventing security and data breeches. I’ve realized having a secure web gives everyone piece of mind.

Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by User

"Sophos secure web gateway"

What do you like best?

Securing our network and making sure we are safe and secure from what is out there these days

What do you dislike?

Support is hard to get in I touch with at times, wish it were faster.

Securing our network

Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"A web filter proxy server without hardware"

What do you like best?

A cloud based web filter. Works well with Windows and Macs

What do you dislike?

The support from Sophos can be slow. We have had to upgrade our support to get faster answers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test your policies. Pay for the higher level of support

We are working on various compliance issues.

Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good and secure"

What do you like best?

The ease of the use that the console provides as well as the affordability of it.

What do you dislike?

It’s hard to say. There’s not much to dislike

Keeping data secure and protected from outside intrusions.

"Caters to business "

What do you like best?

Great for antiphishing use and very simple installation

What do you dislike?

Needs work to remain current. Malwareprotection could Be better

More ease of security and less strain on it staff

Sophos Secure Web Gateway review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Sophos is good for security"

What do you like best?

Good protection from virus and malware. Secured browsing

What do you dislike?

Lack of customizablity. Blocks third party apps arbitrarily.

Anti virus and anti malware

Learning about Sophos Secure Web Gateway?

* We monitor all Sophos Secure Web Gateway reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.