Kerkythea

Kerkythea is a freeware software that can produce high quality renders without spending a cent on software licensing.

Work for Kerkythea?

Learning about Kerkythea?

Kerkythea Reviews

Kerkythea review by Faith B.
Faith B.

"Great for more realistic renderings"

What do you like best?

I like how realistic it can make a Sketchup View look. Between the varying levels of light and surface reflectivity, and the different materials you can add, you can really balance shade and shadow and light.

What do you dislike?

It does take a lot of processing power and time. We would often let it run for a few hours on a separate computer untouched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a tutorial and play around a lot. Don't be afraid to export a lot of quick test views before doing a large file, high resolution end view.

These views really do make a difference when trying to convey the realism of a site. We don't use any BIM modeling software at our firm so this is the closest we come to being able to render a 3D view that sells a project.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Kerkythea
Showing 3 Kerkythea reviews
Kerkythea review by Róger Z.
Róger Z.

"Great open source software for designers."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that a freeware can actually throw you back great renders and visualizations as good as the ones you can get in +1K softwares. I also like it's compatibility, even though it's a bit limited you can use other free softwares like SketchUp or blender as a "bridge" to get really nice renders. When I was an active Kerkythea user I used to export my models from rhinos to blender and then to Kerkythea.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that its interface is not really intuitive, so it takes a long time to get confortable with the software. I also dislike the fact that this software as many other freewares just don't look good. I guess it's related to the fact that it's an open software but considering its a design-related software, a little more effort on the interface should be done.

The benefit is basically the price, it's a decent render engine for those who are starting and just can not afford big name softwares. I actually got into Kerkythea a while a go, my boss got really impressed on first week on a new job because I was able to 3D model, render and retouch some amazing images (SketchUp/Kerkythea/TheGimp) before they even bought my software licenses.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Kerkythea
Kerkythea review by Faith B.
Faith B.

"Great for more realistic renderings"

Recommendations to others considering the product

What 3D Rendering solution do you use?

Kerkythea review by Kristy G.
Kristy G.

"Kerkythea review "

What do you like best?

Realistic renderings help clients see my design ideas.

What do you dislike?

Can be slow at times. I have to remember to allow adequate render times

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bobw

Helping clients see realistic renderings of their projects

There are not enough reviews of Kerkythea for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

KeyShot Logo
KeyShot
KeyShot is the fastest and easiest to use 3D rendering software available. In just a few steps you can create amazing visuals straight from your 3D models.
SOLIDWORKS Visualize Logo
SOLIDWORKS Visualize
SOLIDWORKS Visualize provides a suite of standalone software tools that combine industry-leading rendering capabilities with design-oriented features and workflows.
V-Ray Logo
V-Ray
Chaos Group provides state of the art rendering solutions for architectural, VFX, film, media and entertainment, automotive design, and other industries.
Lumion Logo
Lumion
Lumion is a software that creates videos, images and 360 panoramas for architect.
Thea Render Logo
Thea Render
4.7
Thea Render is the world’s most versatile renderer featuring state-of-the-art Unbiased, Biased and GPU engines. It includes a rich set of innovative features, a powerful material system, and its own advanced studio.
Substance Designer Logo
Substance Designer
Substance Designer is a node-based non-destructive application that edit complete texture sets fast with the non-linear workflow and see your changes apply simultaneously to all your outputs.
Artlantis Logo
Artlantis
Artlantis is a 3D rendering application developed for architects and designers, ideal for quickly and easily creating high resolution renderings and animations.
Redshift Logo
Redshift
Redshift is a GPU-accelerated renderer offering the ultimate in flexibility and control at incredible speeds.
Toolbag Logo
Toolbag
Toolbag allows 3D artists a powerful and efficient workflow, while delivering exemplary rendering quality to every stage of the 3D art production pipeline.
Corona Renderer Logo
Corona Renderer
4.8
Corona Renderer is an integrated solution for selected 3D applications. It's both biased and unbiased renderer that's capable of outputting photorealistic visuals.

Learning about Kerkythea?

* We monitor all Kerkythea reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.