Solarwinds SIEM

3.7

SolarWinds SIEM is a Log & Event Manager software that Eliminate threats faster with instantaneous detection of suspicious activity and automated responses for mitigation and compliance.

Work for Solarwinds SIEM?

Learning about Solarwinds SIEM?

Solarwinds SIEM Reviews

Showing 23 Solarwinds SIEM reviews
Solarwinds SIEM review by Bu Z.
Bu Z.

"Fantastic service to use!"

What do you like best?

One of the best features of SolarWinds SIEM is its easy use and the security it has given to our company. It has an excellent tool that has allowed us to detect threats quickly in real time. In addition this tool allows us to comply with the standards through reports prepared for our audits for HIPPA, PCI DSS, DISA STIG, SOX, etc.

What do you dislike?

In my personal opinion, I do not think I have any complaints about this service, since the security protocol is so high that it has exceeded my expectations and I do not think there is competition, probably its only competence is IBM Qradar, but I prefer to continue using SolarWinds !

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need quality service that offers you security like no other, I think you should try this service!

As I mentioned earlier, our company is very grateful for the service offered by SolarWinds, due to its ability to keep our information safe, protecting it from any possible threat.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Solarwinds SIEM
Solarwinds SIEM review by Thian Z.
Thian Z.

"Efficient product!"

What do you like best?

By using this service (SolarWinds SIEM), we can obtain efficient reports of possible breaches and security incidents in my company through the automatic response of SolarWinds to the threats. In addition, SolarWinds has allowed our company to demonstrate compliance with standards through the generation of reports. Those characteristics are in my opinion the most important.

What do you dislike?

I love having the availability of custom widgets, but you need a little training to do things right unless you have time for trial and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your company is large and needs some service to protect your data, through encryption and alerts, I think your best option is to use this service, as it will allow you to comply with all possible regulations.

SolarWinds has helped my company in many ways, since it has allowed us to work with large files safely and efficiently, we can say that we have improved our efficiency, security and annual income.

What Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution do you use?

Solarwinds SIEM review by Brian P.
Brian P.

"My company feels safe with this service!"

What do you like best?

My experience with SolarWinds is that it is a very complete tool, since it offers to compile, normalize, analyze and correlate data obtained from several registry sources, providing security through an optimal encryption system. In addition, SolarWinds offers a unified and centralized view of the event logs generated throughout the network infrastructure, which increases the productivity of all our users.

What do you dislike?

One thing that disappointed me is that the interface to create alerts is very tedious. You need to find the exact event ID of anything you want to alert.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation is that if your company is medium or large, and you have high value resources and you need a central registry repository, I think SolarWinds is fantastic.

Solarwinds has helped us in many ways since we have established alerts about account locks and some other security events. It has also helped us to report attacks to accounts and has also been valuable to review both the application and the security log when we need to cross reference servers or look at historical data.

Solarwinds SIEM review by David N.
David N.

"This is my opinion about this nice product!."

What do you like best?

I have been using this software for about 3 years, and personally, SIEM from Solarwinds has a wide variety of positive things, which differentiates it from other similar products. One of those differences is the versatility of working with different network protocols, also the security it provides and the convenience of working with large files.

What do you dislike?

I think that SolarWinds SIEM has complied with all the features it offers as a product, however, there are small details that I would like SolarWinds to improve, such as the stability of the user interface, because it freezes when large files are loaded. In conclusion, Solarwinds is software that offers more advantages than disadvantages

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation for anyone who wants to use this product, is simply to use it, because it really facilitates the activities of your company

The benefits of using SolarWinds SIEM in our company have been numerous, thanks to security, as well as the organization, SolarWinds has an active response mechanism, which remedies all the abnormalities in the events of unauthorized access, taking preventive actions, such as blocking unauthorized IP addresses. I really feel that our company has grown both in hunger and in security as in the professional

Solarwinds SIEM review by Agency
Agency

"SolarWinds is a great software to work with!"

What do you like best?

Its web administrator panel and plugins are my favorite aspect from this software and the reason is obvious, with these aspects, this software can support multiple network protocols that work very well with large files and with several formats as well.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little bit outdated and sometimes it's unresponsive, freezes and crashes suddenly while you're uploading files and also its price, it's not cheap but expensive enough to have these issues but this software is a good one. Tech support need to do its job and fix those bugs and this software will get the tracks again with more strength.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this software wisely even though you have previous experience with similar products, this could be a leverage if you have enough experience on similar softwares. Larger files are sent through it but need to be configured on settings before doing that, strongly recommended tool for those who are brave enough to master it.

Allow users to work with larger files and bypassing firewall security because of its secure architecture which is easy to configure and really different from others.

Solarwinds SIEM review by Guillermo R.
Guillermo R.

"I really like SolarWinds"

What do you like best?

In my opinion Its web admin panel and its add-ons are my favorite aspect of this software, with these aspects, this software accepts multiple network protocols that operate excellent with large files and with a variety of formats as well.

You can trust that it will allow you to conduct security event investigations and forensic analysis for mitigation and compliance with SolarWinds SIEM software.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a bit outdated, it freezes and crashes suddenly while files are being uploaded. On the other hand its price is not expensive enough to have these problems, but this software is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an excellent software

SolarWinds helped me solve many problems in my company because it allows users to work with large files. On the other hand, SolarWinds SIEM allows to identify threats faster with the detection of suspicious activities at the moment of the event.

Solarwinds SIEM review by Jeremy M.
Jeremy M.

"LEM the SIEM for you"

What do you like best?

Although its a stand alone packaged appliance for VMware or Hyper-v it does a great job delivering an interface both easy to read and very detailed and delivering tremendous content well organized and timely.

What do you dislike?

I wish SolarWinds would integrate it with Orion. However I know there is great difficulty in that process. This would also strain the database significantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Setup the trial, compare it to anything else on the market. There are probably some limitations if you are a really large enterprise, but over all it will fit almost any business need.

better understanding of where problems really are, security vulnerabilities, and reporting. Compliance is a big win with SolarWinds.

Solarwinds SIEM review by Manisha P.
Manisha P.

"Decent software but really hard to find any assistance and has gone downhill"

What do you like best?

Five years ago they used to allow a free demo which made the pricing to be easier to understand. On the product end, there is ease of management. Ease of Alerts/alert suppression within SAM and NPM. NTA mapping of whole environment makes a huge difference in scalability. Lots of documentation tools and resources.

What do you dislike?

Initially I was frustrated that their support people have only a basic idea of how the product works but now its hard to even reach assistance and although their website continues to acknowledge their flaws, not many steps have been taken to rectify them. Also a bit pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Switch to PRTG or OpManager. Wait until Solarwinds is back to focusing on growing its customer base with better service.

We used Solarwinds for database and systems management. Benefits were that documentation, upgrades, and scaling became a lot easier. We did venture towards IT support but that was not as well handled.

Solarwinds SIEM review by VENKATA S.
VENKATA S.

"Solar Winds SIEM"

What do you like best?

SolarWinds LEM has not bogged down with the amount of logging data we throw at it. This is comforting because we can rest assure that we can continue to add new nodes to it.

What do you dislike?

While the initial setup was straightforward, customizations to reports can be a little daunting. Luckily SolarWinds has videos available on steps to proceed and their tech support reps are very helpful too.

It would be helpful if SolarWinds LEM had Wizards built-in that could assist in adding new types of devices. At times, I've had to go with trial and error until SolarWinds LEM would actually start collecting data from a particular one-off node.

Solarwinds SIEM review by Mehdi T.
Mehdi T.

"REVIEW ON SOLARWINDS"

What do you like best?

Extreme modularity and its flexible ability to integrate with other products of the company's.

What do you dislike?

one of the biggest disadvantage with creating topological maps created automatically during the process of discovery. This fails to support a graphical visualization of the ISO/OSI levels of conection between the equipment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Scalability, user intuitive, easy to install and not very high on costs. I would recommend it.

Solarwinds is very simple and intuitive user interface. For example, the dashboard for each piece of equipment. Scalability was one of the biggest concerns in our business. and solarwinds offers a solution to that. It offers scalability on infrastructure at all levels, starting with the easy installation of additional polling engines to increase the number of managed devices.

Solarwinds SIEM review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"This review is about Solarwinds SIEM."

What do you like best?

I like best about Solarwinds SIEM is that it is very quite flexible. Solarwinds SIEM has the ability to monitor servers. Solarwinds SIEM has the ability to keep you, your group, and your organization informed of specified servers that you choose to monitor within the corporation.

What do you dislike?

At this time, I cannot find any dislikes about Solarwinds SIEM. I am only a user of Solarwinds SIEM and I have not personally implemented the solution, so I cannot provide any information on any hardships that might have been faced when installing the application in our environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendations to others considering Solarwinds SIEM is what I had previously suggested. I think there are some good features that it is able to offer, but unfortunately, I have not completely and entirely explored the software and application in its full. That being said, what I have used it for though is what I would recommend. I believe that for our usage at my organization with Solarwinds SIEM it has met some of our needs because it has the ability to actively monitor our hardware. However, I am certain that there is a huge part of the software that I have not yet explored as well, so I cannot comment on that.

The business problems that we are solving with Solarwinds SIEM is being able to provide real-time support and proactively monitor crucial and critical processes that might affect a Production system and environment. By being able to monitor the health of these Production servers, Solarwinds SIEM will allow us to quickly identify any potential issue with specified processes.

Solarwinds SIEM review by User in Information Technology and Services

"It does it's job"

What do you like best?

It's easy to re-assign tickets, and easy to respond to users. The interface is clean and provides means of changing the ticket categories as needed.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything that is in the creator's power. It'd be nice if it auto-closed tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a decent product. I don't know what else is out there, but it does the job.

Any computer issues that come up and network issues have tickets put in for repair. It helps keep a record of what was done or who still needs help.

Solarwinds SIEM review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"More tools than a leatherman"

What do you like best?

There are tools for so many different pieces that we are looking to implement. Integration is easy when it is all on the same plateform.

What do you dislike?

Finding what credentials are being used on what systems. For example we have one credential being used on two nodes but we do not know the nodes. It would be really nice to see what nodes the creds are used on quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None at this time as I am still configuring it.

Compliance and Audit requirements that are placed on our institution

Solarwinds SIEM review by Stephen D.
Stephen D.

"I use Solarwinds multiple times everyday"

What do you like best?

It puts all of the tools that I need in one easy to access place.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could be a little more robust.

Monitoring and management of all our network devices

Solarwinds SIEM review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Not terribly useful or int"

What do you like best?

Well... it does collect logs, so it has that going for it

What do you dislike?

Agents don’t work in a consistent manner. Management is not intuitive. Data analysis options are poor

Yeah, not solving that much

Solarwinds SIEM review by Jasmine A.
Jasmine A.

"Good"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use quick to learn and axcessible

What do you dislike?

It is huge and take lot of time loading and hangs

Management

Solarwinds SIEM review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Very nice monitor"

What do you like best?

Help us a lot to monitor any problem on our Smarteam server around the World.

What do you dislike?

I think there is nothing I dislike for now

On time resolution for Smarteam services.

Solarwinds SIEM review by Naga V.
Naga V.

"User Experience with SolarWinds"

What do you like best?

Web, Application Server and URL monitoring

What do you dislike?

Application functionality monitoring is not a strong point

Application availability and NOC monitoring

Solarwinds SIEM review by User in Higher Education

"very user friendly product"

What do you like best?

I really like the UI of the software, developers did a good job on it !

What do you dislike?

Customer support of the product is slow and huge wait times.

I used Solarwinds SIEM for integrated compliance reporting tools and it proved to be very beneficial.

Solarwinds SIEM review by User in Higher Education

"Beginner to solarwinds , Blew my mind"

What do you like best?

Solarwinds is supercool. The way it merges everything in one place for network monitoring is cool

What do you dislike?

It is not the easiest tool to configure and use. Requires special skills and training. Also very few people know it exists in back.

Network monitoring, Network Assurance

Solarwinds SIEM review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Great System to Track Wifi Points"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and great to see different areas and types of points that we have mapped

What do you dislike?

nothing super easy to use and understand

Recommendations to others considering the product:

easy to use and great for wifi checkpoints tracking

Wifi checkpoints and strengths

Solarwinds SIEM review by Executive Sponsor in Food & Beverages
Executive Sponsor in Food & Beverages

"It was easy to install, but the configuration needed vendor involvement"

What do you like best?

The GUI is nice. Easy to navigate features.

What do you dislike?

The difficulty configuring and understanding all the settings.

The ability to easily monitor the issues we had with security such as USB devices.

Solarwinds SIEM review by Administrator

"Solarwinds"

What do you like best?

graphs and ability to deep drive into solution,

What do you dislike?

our correlation is not in place. So need to implement more features.

network monitoring

Learning about Solarwinds SIEM?

* We monitor all Solarwinds SIEM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.