SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management

SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management

Powerful, flexible, and scalable remote monitoring and management tool for IT service providers and MSPs, available through either cloud or on-premises delivery. SolarWinds Remote Monitoring & Management empowers you to manage, monitor and secure your network from within a unified web-based console. This RMM offers a comprehensive suite of best-in-class security services delivered as part of a single integrated platform.

Work for SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management?

Learning about SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management?

SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management Reviews

Ask SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management a Question
Showing 60 SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management reviews
CI
Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management
Rabecca A.

"Great all in one dashboard for monitoring and maintaining client systems"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see what errors are on they system, then remote directly in and address the issues.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with incorrect feedback, but it is easy enough to verify true issues right from the dashboard without wasting a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I work for a small business who manages and maintains multiple sites/clients computers with this application. It is extremely helpful and allows us to alert our clients to issues before the issue causes catastrophic loss. We are able to monitor patches, disk drive space, backups, disk health, and AV status, just to name a few of the highlights.

We have been able to identify issues with disks before they fail completely. We have also been able to ensure that important Microsoft updates are being installed and not leaving the systems vulnerable. We routinely use this to monitor disk drive space for backups and ensure that we have the most up to date images and file backups for our clients.

What Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) solution do you use?

Massimo R.

"Cloud remote management"

What do you like best?

This solution allow you to check asset, to control vital value, to manage activity, and to maintain your infrastructure compliant. Server, desktops, network and mobile devices can be managed by MSP RMM. A wide number of reports are available for Executive and for Engineer.

What do you dislike?

Reports: Wide numbers of reports but there is not a dedicated or specific report for antivirus activity or Webfilter.

Agents: Agents are for Windows systems or Apple systems. No Linux systems agents are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are searching a valid solution to monitor state of your infrastructure and to control his activity this is the right solution for you. Protection against virus it's very light and user it's not allow to disabled it. Web protection allow you to define a secure category of destination web sites. Every months can be produced report for Executive and for IT operation (more detailed). Every abnormal situations are warned by e-mail to customers or to MSP company that it's designed to provides service.

We resolved more problem to out customer using Solarwinds MSP services:

1. Monitor of vital information of customers systems (Server and Desktop);

2. Check and upgrade of OS and Applications patch;

3. Enterprise Antivirus;

4. Web protection (web filter);

5. Reporting for PCI and GDPR compliance.

Andre L.

"Review of SolarWindws MSP"

What do you like best?

Patch Management: Ease of deploying agents; patch management relatively simple.

Monitoring: Day to day monitoring seems to be relatively easy.

Remote restart: works well enough

Remote command prompt is very handy

What do you dislike?

Tech Support: Tech Support response time since Solarwinds purchased company. It can take a day for tech support to reply and then I become NOT available.

Remote Support: The remote control (MSP Anywhere) program is definitely not Teamviewer. It makes the graphics very blurry and requires too many adjustments.

Remote Add/Remove: we need feature to remotely uninstall software without a remote control session. This would help us and reduce our remote time.

Script Failures: it would be easier to use if the portal made it easier to troubleshoot why a script failed.

Feature forum: my requests keep being removed from the forum since Solarwinds MSP took company over. Features we need and/or have problems with are specifically provided there. It was great when GFI was actually listening to their users and producing features we WANT and NEED. This form of crowd sourcing is a key, actually has been a key very important feature. Because my requests we closed out, I not longer follow the forum and no longer suggest anything. I am not going to waste my time because I am not getting hear.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Better integration with existing software and more checks for existing backup providers. Allowing use of existing Teamviewer license with my service.

Patch management, maintenance and help desk

Leola S.

"good, a like"

What do you like best?

IT service management platform that helps you grow your business and provide outstanding service that earns you loyal customers. And you can get started in minutes.

Comienza a correr en minutos con una plataforma potente y flexible que requiere una configuración mínima

What do you dislike?

In my opinion it is very good, it is easy to install and configure, it has a good technician. every time it helps, it was easy to communicate.

therefore I have no complaints about it, excellent platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Management (MSP RMM) empowers you to manage, monitor and secure your network from within a unified web-based console,

makes it easy to quickly detect, diagnose and resolve performance issues including route and multicast issues and delivers real-time views, reports, charts and dashboards that enable you to visually track network performance at a glance. Plus, using dynamic network topology maps and automated network discovery, you can deploy and keep up with your evolving network without breaking a sweat

Jerome K.

"Great Product for my Consulting Business"

What do you like best?

I loved the on boarding that was provided by the company before I started using their product. Since they grow if I am successful, having someone assist me with getting everything set up properly was a great experience.

What do you dislike?

The macOS support is there but is currently not integrated into the main dashboard (Also, enrollment has to be performed manually in all Mac shop). Solarwinds is currently working on it and I can't wait to see the improved integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the on boarding process...it is a great experience and the Solarwinds folks are very helpful!

Ever since I have started to use this product, it has been much easier to manage my client's computers remotely versus having to consistently go out onsite to take care of common tasks. The more time I have, the easier it is to spend time with more customers.

Adrian T.

"Robust platform"

What do you like best?

Great at monitoring all the workstations and the servers for our customers, you can create different checks and tasks that can flag or fix any issues as soon as they occur. Easy to create, edit, manage and run your scripts. Lots of features, settings and products into one console.

What do you dislike?

Reporting can look better. The TCP Service check could include more ports\protocol, there are a few missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a reliable RMM solution, that is cost effective have a look at SolarWinds RMM.

We are running our business around this platform, it helps us being proactive by monitoring all the services we maintain and help us respond quickly to any incidents.

AI

"Very Good Product with Depth of Services"

What do you like best?

The product is very easy to get up and running with a small amount of configuration and fore thought. You can be monitoring a customer environment and generating useful reports in a very short amount of time.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that I find to be a disadvantage compared to other products. You can see the software that is installed on machines, but without remoting into the machine you cannot uninstall the software. This can be disruptive if you are trying to enforce software policies for the first time and need to cleanup the computers. You basically have to interrupt the user for a period of time to take corrective actions. Other RMM software on the market will allow you to uninstall software in the background. However, Solarwinds does offer scripting tools, so with a little bit of work you may be able to accomplish task that are not immediately obvious with the tools shown in the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop around and find what works best for you. SW RMM is a good tool, but it may not be the right fit for everyone. If you are looking to get you feet wet in the managed services game, SW RMM might work because it doesn't require you to sign any long term contracts like many of the other products do. You can have SW RMM up and running within a day and start selling customers almost immediately. Make sure you fully understand their pricing and how you are going to mark it up for providing services to customers.

RMM allows me to work with customers over the phone when they call in for help without me having to schedule an onsite service call. This saves me a lot of time and wear and tear on myself and vehicles. Plus, my customers get their problems resolved in most cases in a very short amount of time and often times while I am still on the phone with them. This is a big selling point in letting the customer know that their productivity time is increased by limited downtime. The software also allows me to create proactive policies for software updates and anti-virus rules, again increasing productivity because systems are secure.

AI

"Basic Features are Strong / Integration with 3rd Party Solutions is Terrible"

What do you like best?

Automation through this product is outstanding. The ability to build automation that asks for input in the web console before executing is astounding. The ability to build custom monitors using PowerShell or SNMP is very powerful.

We're able to create custom filters based on nearly any metric and either push third party solutions or define monitoring specific to the device. For example- we built a customer Hyper-V Replication monitor to ensure Hyper-V Replication is current and healthy. We defined a filter (group) for any server with the Hyper-V role installed. We then defined a service template with the pertinent logs / replication / etc. monitoring defined. A rule ties everything together such that every server we deploy with the Hyper-V role installed is automatically monitored for the specific metrics and events we want to see.

What do you dislike?

Integration with third party tools (especially AV Defender) is terrible. Support is lukewarm on the best of days unless you get management involved and even then...you're likely to leave unsatisfied. Management doesn't want to tell the technical people their answers don't make sense and the technical people are happy to take advantage of that weakness in management.

The system provides a lot of flexibility, but be prepared to be told that taking advantage of that flexibility is not supported. Or be prepared to suffer the consequences of unusual behavior.

Because of how large and complex the product is, it sometimes seems like it doesn't integrate with itself: For example, when monitoring agent upgrades happen, it causes a device to fail to check in for a few minutes. If you're like us, you want to know the second a device fails to send out a heartbeat. SolarWinds has a mechanism called "downtime" for instances where you know a device will go offline for a period of time and don't want lots of alerts / PSA tickets. SolarWinds doesn't use it's own mechanism when upgrading agents so every upgrade cycle I end up with 300+ tickets that I shouldn't see.

For our managed clients, we're seeing greater consistency as we have our third party software set to deploy where appropriate automatically. This means there is less for our technicians to worry about remembering in complex environments.

Isaac J.

"Serviceable entry RMM for MSPs"

What do you like best?

The best part of Solarwinds MSP RMM is that it does a fairly good job of being ready to go out of the box. There isn't a great deal of tweaking required like some other RMM solutions require. Likewise, the interface is layed out pretty well and you can easily see computers under management.

What do you dislike?

Some of the checks don't work, they can mysteriously break even on a system fresh out of the box, the vulnerability scan being the biggest offender. It also struggles with patching, sometimes a computer won't patch for extended periods without notifying the system, or patching will permanently break with a constant failure (oddly the computer might be able to be manually patched in this scenario). While some like the automation building tool, I found it clunky and not as straightforward as just building scripts; however, whether or not a script will run tends to be a bit hit or miss as up to 1/4 of machines might just ignore and order to run a script, especially if the script is newly created. Finally, scripts generally need to be applied to computers on a per site basis so it doesn't scale very well in this regard.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are other choices for entry/mid level RMM which include NinjaRMM, AEM, Pulseway, and Atera and those should also be trialed when considering RMM. Other more complex RMMs like Labetch, Kaseya, or N-Able (also from Solarwinds) should also be looked at.

We used Solarwinds from the time it was GFI, later MaxFocus under LogicNow, and then as MSP RMM under Solarwinds. It helped us to manage our clients' computers and provide remote support to various small businesses. It was generally effective albeit we eventually moved off as we matured as a service provider.

"Simple yet powerful"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and still have powerful tools at your disposal. Being web-based allows me to be onsite and still see what is happening across my entire client base. Most of my clients are medical and having a BAA signed to ensure HIPAA compliance has been a huge plus and even a selling point with some prospects.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes for scripts or checks to run from when they're activated in the dashboard to actually run on the endpoint takes more time than I'd like. Adding new tasks and scripts to multiple clients and locations has to be done individually, I'd like to be able to assign everything I need to all systems at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure it will handle all your automation requirements and can scale with your business.

I've been able to manage all clients in one simple location. I always know the status of every machine and can automate the majority of my tasks. This has been a huge time saver and made me more profitable while offering better service to my clients.

Richard V.

"Managing IT Services wherever we are !"

What do you like best?

- Provides a set of tools for managing IT Services into an unique panel.

- Last version includes NetPath which allows us knowing network performance and infrastructure from starting to finish points of our network.

- Allows active monitoring and alerting .

- Inlciude remote access that allows to monitor and administering the network wherever we are.

- QoS analysis available.

What do you dislike?

- The configuration process for this software must be done by person with high level knowledge about Networking and IT Infrastructure.

I consider Solarwinds RMM a powerful software for managing IT Services which combines a set of tools into a unique panel, making the network administration more flexible and intuitive , allowing remote access and scalability to incorporate more network and IT components into its service scope.

AI

"Best RMM in the market!"

What do you like best?

The single pane approach for all aspects of what we do is what drew me to SolarWinds in the first place. They also are constantly seeking out new technologies to integrate with their platform that in turn provides us with more opportunity for business.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to mention here. I would say that the training could be a bit more comprehensive. An initial step by step how to would also be helpful for those not familiar with process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The level of support you can provide your clients increases exponentially and the price structure are the 2 greatest selling points regarding this product. You can essentially build your company around this product. Whether it's simply monitoring, or if you want to be a Data backup provider, or a disaster recovery specialist, a risk management provider, remote support, antivirus provider, or a complete MSP you can do so with SoloarWinds RMM.

Managing all of the services we provide to our clients as well as monitoring tech work. We can see all our client data from one point, and take action, make recommendations, and connect with our clients anywhere, at anytime, on virtually any platform.

Dave G.

"SolarWinds MSP is affordable and fairly robust tool for managed service providers."

What do you like best?

Affordability in a pay-as-you-go format. Well rounded set of tools focused on various aspects of security.

What do you dislike?

Vulnerability scans often have problems. Some systems seem to always have problems patching.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it an honest chance. Every tool has warts, so continually jumping from one to another in search of the perfect solution only wastes money. This tool will do 90% of what you need.

Automating computer monitoring and maintenance as much as possible across multiple clients of varying size. SolarWinds MSP gets me very close to a single pane of tools to do my job efficiently and profitably.

"Managed services that won't break the bank."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can provide Managed Services to my customers, without taking out a loan to initially pay for it while getting started.

What do you dislike?

I would like a little more presence on the client end as customer don't think it's running.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This has been a great option for us to start offering MSP services. We started when they were MaxFocus, and hope that with the buyouts that they stay as they have been.

We were looking for a solution for both our residential and business clients to get into the MSP business. Our issue was that all of them wanted you to purchase 50+ licenses right off the get go. Being in a smaller area we could not do that.

Randy B.

"Does what it says and easy to use "

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use. Very rarely have I had to look into the help menus to see how to do something. Most of it is intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It takes about a week for payments towards their invoices to show up back in dashboard. Not sure why

It helps us keeps our client's computers updated and monitored. It cuts labor costs and makes our services so valuable

Steven C.

"Great tool for managing small business clients"

What do you like best?

Excellent performance and reliability for handling a service desk for multiple clients. Excellent training tools to get up to speed.

What do you dislike?

Needs better integration with third party apps and services. For example, many of our clients use the Enterprise level of Office365, but RMM only integrates with the small business versions.

Faster response times by being able to respond to problems remotely versus onsite visits. Better ability for clients to report, tracks, and define their problems.

Phil E.

"Solarwind MSP platform: Great for small MSPs."

What do you like best?

Relatively easy setup

Integration with Solarwinds Simple service desk (maxdesk)

Low cost of adding incremental services

Good community support via linked discussion groups

What do you dislike?

Problems with patching crop up from time to time and take a while to be solved

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SImple integrated solution for tieing monitoring to a service desk without massive investment or costs

Monitoring and patching many desktops and a few servers.

SNMP monitoring network devices

Monitoring backups

Simon M.

"A single pane of glass"

What do you like best?

All products are controlled from a single pane of glass allowing a no additional logins being required

What do you dislike?

When you want to make custom scripts to use in the dashboard they need to be created in a separate app

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to install all the apps to get the most out of the product

The completed security and resilience of each computer system its installed in

"Fairly complete remote monitoring and management service."

What do you like best?

-ease of setup

-overall ease of use

-functionality

-visibility into server/workstation environments

What do you dislike?

-Alerting configuration is not as flexible as I'd like.

-Asset management reports are not great

-Overall reporting is lacking

Recommendations to others considering the product:

-Support is excellent and quick to respond.

-Monitoring setup is easy.

-Wide range of monitoring/devices/OS available.

-Very flexible

-Able to monitor cloud services directly as well.

-With advent of NetPath, able to monitor network paths from clients to cloud services, etc.

-Monitoring and management of our clients in the cloud.

-Logical/Physical separation of clients.

-Alerting on issues.

-Patch management for clients without WSUS/Other options.

"N-Central "

What do you like best?

Solar-winds & N able Have allowed us to really keep track of our clients, their PCs , Big client contracts, and keep them separate, It allows for a lot of organization in that sense, and also allows us to remote in to systems if we need to do maintenance. We have a lot of residential & commercial clients to keep track of.

What do you dislike?

We havent had any issues with ncentral at all as of yet.

The interface is a little ugly for me, but I am of design background. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a lot of IT clients this is a really great platform with a lot of options.

Robert D.

"Meer controle en compleet overzicht"

What do you like best?

Meer controle en compleet overzicht, het lijkt simpel. Dat is het niet, in de achtergrond werken vele processen en software ontwikkelaars samen om de ease-of-view te creëren. Hiermee zijn wij in staat onze klanten te voorzien van een uitstekende ICT service!

What do you dislike?

Soms kost de integratie in het solarwinds dashbaord van nieuwe software langer dan gewenst.

We helpen meer klanten, leveren een hogere mate van service en bovenal kunnen we veilig en snel acteren.

AC
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Does most anything you'd need but still has some issues "

What do you like best?

This software integrates well with the dashboard we have been using for years. We've used it to replace team viewer. Useage is simplistic and easy to navigate the UI. I haven't noticed much instability compared to TeamViewer (many other factors to consider)

What do you dislike?

Can be finiky on servers. I have run into it overwhelming to low end systems resources just by running in the background.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In my experience it works well, but it's not perfect and can occasionally be a resource hog.

Remote support is extremely valueble in small business management. When clients from across town are having an issue that needs to be resolved immediately, I can just stop at a Starbucks and take care of it. Or work over night on a software install from my own home.

Simon B.

"A fully functioning RMM tool"

What do you like best?

The Remote connection software is very good, allowing responsive connections to deal with update alerts.

What do you dislike?

The complexity of the solution can be daunting.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to put the time into setting up the solution, but probably worth it if you do.

The solution is helping me begin the transition from break fix to a managed service model.

Brian L.

"Troubleshooting made easier"

What do you like best?

Complete overview helping us to keep customers alive.

When it comes to troubleshooting this is helping us getting the customer satisfied.

The integration with Takecontrol, backgroundservice, patching webshield and AV is helping us keeping all in place.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is hard to overlook.

Knowing that this is being evolved!

Agent is sometimes hard to reinitiate.

Securing the customer and delivering a hole package of security

Learn more about SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management

SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management Videos

Learning about SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management?

* We monitor all SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.