4.5 out of 5
(2,514)
Do you work for Snagit?

Snagit Reviews & Product Details

Snagit review by samad m.
Senior Business Analyst
Retail
(10,001+ employees)

"Best screen capture product in the market, period!"

What do you like best?

The image and video capturing capabilities are easy to use yet very powerful. The ability to select a region or a complete screen is advantageous. Video capturing capability is excellent as it provides multiple options for audio selection and file save formats. This software offers the perfect selection of features that can be utilized on a day to day job.

What do you dislike?

The window scrolling feature is a bit tricky. Depending on the browser and the site, the results can vary. This could be due to security features embedded within the sites to prohibit users from taking a screenshot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an amazing tool for the price.

This product editing features are great for creating Job Aids, proof of concepts or simply providing reference screenshots with added text and arrows to the concern parties. This application allows its user to give a professional looking end product to the client.

What is Snagit?

Snagit’s image and video capture is powerful, but not complex. You’re in control of everything you capture, right down to the pixel. All-in-One Capture® grabs your entire desktop, a region, a window, or a scrolling window from any webpage or application—all with a single hotkey or click. Take the hassle out of creating images and videos. Capture your screen, edit images, and deliver results.

Snagit Screenshots

Snagit Reviews

1-50 of 2513 total Snagit reviews

Snagit Reviews

1-50 of 2513 total Snagit reviews
Snagit review by Reilando V.
Ccleaner takes me every day to better the face of my PC

"Snagit, he prints moments of your screen"

What do you like best?

Snagit, is the best capture tool I've ever seen. I like how the screen takes all the time. I like how you look at your optimized design and photo editing. For a job you do, you can have the function to edit any image and expose it as you wish. The most curious thing about the tool is that it can design what we want at all times

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the tool sometimes has an imbalance in the captures, since sometimes it stops responding the same. Therefore, if you do not start the tool with both Snagit editor and capture tools, it stops working in its entirety. I do not like that it has the control of taking shots without previous desicion, and that each version brings its tools, while more innovated it is, it brings more tools of edition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the tool for any work you want to perform to make manuals, additional to take into account designs that you want to make as a project by viewing from your screen images

I have taken and I already helped to take all kinds of captures. more than anything when they are to arrange them at work. When making a user manual is the ideal tool, since you can even take photos geometrically as you wish. Innovative like her, there is not. Now the tool has tried to give me options like taking the catches. but at my disposal and design I want to take them my way

Snagit review by David G.
I feel safe working with this tool at Oceanica de Seguros C.A

"the true photography of the cybernetics"

What do you like best?

This tool is a virtue, since it allows you to take a screenshot of any window or something that you need to take it as a specification, this tool is so precise that you can take a picture of your screen as you wish, it is quite complete and light. best of all is that the tool does not weigh much to install it in windows. It is recommended 100%. Thanks to her I have been able to deliver works to the day

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the tool depends on the snagit editor that opens to take the photo, and depending on the shot, I have to wait for the tool to take the photo and if it goes wrong I must take it again. The tool sometimes gets stuck and stops responding

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to take the best pictures of your life. Do it with this tool so that you feel much better for what you want, at work or in your daily life

With this tool, he made the best screenshot of my life. It has helped me to take what you want for my work management is important because I rely on creating remarkable results through emails

Snagit review by Lan L.
Gamification Strategist
Research
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Best screen capture and basic editing program for beginners"

What do you like best?

Snagit is incredibly user-friendly. Every basic tool is within reach and makes editing images really easy. Recent images are displayed in a tray at the bottom of the screen, which makes copying and pasting between images a cinch. The ability to crop out white space to adjust images for print is great. The ability to take timed shots is so important for capturing software interfaces. This software is great for the novice user and has some more advanced features for those who are comfortable doing more. My office uses this all the time.

What do you dislike?

I find the scrolling to be a little slow. I'm not sure if there is a way to speed it up. Also, I really think Snagit should consider adding in gridlines or guides so you can snap elements to reference point. That would make my work so much easier. And Snagit does not have editable layers. This is not the end of the world, but it would make certain complex edits easier if they existed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is definitely a great productivity tool. I would definitely recommend giving Snagit a trial run. The developers do poll the user community as they plan for new features. So you do have input on what the future of Snagit will look like.

For my office, at least, Snagit it provides a quick and easy way for departments to show how the software is behaving. Developers and QA document the expected behavior of software screens and how features are supposed to work. This is immensely helpful for me as a technical writer as I try to explain it to the user.

Snagit review by Jenny M.
Marketing Coordinator

"Great for all kinds of screenshots"

What do you like best?

I love the editor! There is so much I can do with my screenshots in the editor without having to move them into another app (like Photoshop). The UI works really well for my use. I love having the tray of recent captures underneath my current canvas, where I can drag and drop captures onto the working canvas. I use the keyboard shortcut to start a capture several times a day, love having that option.

What do you dislike?

The scrolling capture function more often than not does not work for me, and I'm not sure why. It doesn't give an error message, just outputs a screen capture of a single screen instead of the whole scroll even if I've selected scrolling capture. Also they seem to have gotten rid of the precision capture feature (not sure what it was called, but it would show you a little zoomed-in inset of the corner of your capture so you could get it right to the exact pixel).

I use it a lot when reviewing design/layouts, to take a quick snap and mark up the image rather than try and describe it in words. Huge time saver. Business aside, I also use it pretty heavily for personal projects too - I will take screenshots of various light fixtures for instance, and drag them onto a picture of my living room, to see what they would look like before making a purchase.

Snagit review by Robert B.
Instructional Designer

"Everything you want it to do and more..."

What do you like best?

Snagit let's me make significant edits and improvements to images and documents with complete and total ease. The best part is the super easy to use interface. Snagit was designed with the user in mind. It's very easy to find what you need, even if you're not technologically inclined. I also love the ability to add annotations, call outs, and shapes. I also love how precise you can get with your screenshots using the cross hairs. I also love that Snagit has a library that allows you to search past screenshots.

What do you dislike?

There is really not much I don't like. I was running an older version (10 I believe), which was lacking a lot of the features that version 13 and beyond had. I guess if I had to pick something that some of the newer versions don't have is the ability to layer and more easily move elements around...but once you do that, you're starting to really encroach on Photoshop's turf!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get Snagit...you will not be disappointed. It's extremely affordable and you get a HUGE bang for your buck compared to similar software and freeware.

As an instructional designer, Snagit lets me make quick edits to screenshots and images without having to mess with Photoshop. Photoshop is great, but it can be a little clunky and time consuming to make quick edits, especially when prototyping. I use Snagit the most to anonymize documents. It's super easy to delete names, dates, and other personal information off screenshots and replace them with fake data. I've also used Snagit to reduce the size of images. Snagit is also very helpful when creating job aids with their step markers, magnify & blur features and call out arrows and boxes.

Snagit review by Jennifer D.
Informaticist
Higher Education
(10,001+ employees)

"Snagiit - Can't live without it"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, has everything I need to make educational materials and how to guides. I am really looking forward to being able to search through stamps in the next version. Great to be able to take multiple screenshots and then be able to create one image with them within Snagit.

What do you dislike?

Hard to sort/filter the options within each category. There are a lot of stamps for example which is great, but can take awhile to find the one I want. Would really like to be able to cut out around the shapes, not just a circle or square cut out. I want to be able to pull out specific areas of a screen shot , would be nice to have a snap to tool, that would find a particular shape.

Use for all of my educational materials, how to guides, new development designs, mock-ups. This makes it very easy for the users who will be building my design, to quickly see what my vision is. Great when I am observing an end user and see an error message to grab it. I can then have them re-create their steps and get additional screenshots along the way. This will show all of the steps and can be used by our technical support staff, to a)recreate the workflow b) troubleshoot the issue. c)determine if this is an end user issue/incorrect workflow OR if there is indeed a technical issue.

Snagit review by alberto r.
Snag It is a Great Utility..

"Snag It is a Great Utility"

What do you like best?

The best part about this program is the different types of tools that it allows I love the fact that it connects to my PrtScn button on my computer This tool is a Swiss Army knife

What do you dislike?

The old version allowed me to scroll capture easily, but I don't see where I can utilize this function anymore It used to be possible, now the picture stops in the viewing window. That is being a little picky, because it's great like it is now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup personalized hot keys and shortcuts You will love this product You will love this product

Snagit allows me to capture anything on my screen and edit it or add notes Taking screenshots on the computer. Making the document for my customers with the screen capture of the product

Snagit review by Aleena T.
Technology Consultant
(Myself Only)

"This screen capturing software has made my life so much easier"

What do you like best?

It's really flexible in the areas you can record, how you capture the screen, has a lot of options to make sure you get the recording just the way you want it, and the built-in editor is a huge time saver. It also has a lot of formats you can save to, and a ton of sharing options.

What do you dislike?

There are times that the editor will just...not work. It may be due to my heavy usage of the software, or local storage issues, but it's a real bummer after I take the time to carefully plan and execute a recording, just to have it vanish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really have not found a more useful tool to use in my daily work. I 100% recommend at least going through the free trial - you've got nothing to use. I bought the software and it's worth every penny.

I use it every single day. I need screenshots for a ton of reasons - I write internal technical documentation for my company, have to record sessions for bug reporting, constantly need to snap images for software mockups, and send tutorials to my end users. This software takes care of all of my screen recording needs without having to bounce between software, or spend too much time editing images, and has WAAAAYYY more functionality than build in screencapturing or freebie software.

Snagit review by Jennifer P.
Owner and Social Media Strategist
Arts and Crafts
(Myself Only)

"Record your screen to make tutorial videos"

What do you like best?

SnagIt is an easy to use tool to record screen capture videos, perfect for tutorials and working with clients. I use it for all of my screen captures for tutorial videos for Youtube, Facebook, my online courses, and client coaching videos. TechSmiths tech support is very responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes SnagIt needs an update and it can be cumbersome to sign back in and update. Also, you have to pay each year to renew the license. Sometimes, there is a sync issue with the audio and video when I import it into Adobe Premiere Pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a high quality screen capture tool video, Snagit can do it!

I'm on a Windows computer and it has been difficult to find a video screen capture software for Windows. I found SnagIt after using one of TechSmith's other tools to create videos from PowerPoint slides. I've been a user for at least 9 years.

Snagit review by Janet J.
Marketing Advisor | Fleet Management Platform

"Good solution for the casual graphics artist"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows not just the capture of images (screen or a selected area) but allows the user to do some light editing of the image which means I don't have to rely on our creative designer for each and everything. It's also pretty intuitive and required minimal training to be productive. I can also save the image in a variety of different formats and sizes.

What do you dislike?

Some of the image edition capabilities are limited in capabilities. One of the features, I would like is to turn an image into a black and white image. Snagit does weird things in this case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been a user for several years and as a marketer feel that I can do my job more successfully as a result of Snagit. I use it daily.

Snagit is great for screen captures and icon/image editing for the casual user that does not need in depth-creative abilities. It is much more intuitive than Illustrator or InDesign and other creative tools.

Snagit review by Paul Y.

"Snagit - Quick and easy screen capture and image editing"

What do you like best?

The panoramic screen capture capability and the simple image cleanup/editing features are great. One of my colleagues uses the video capture capability and likes it very much. Finally, the price is very reasonable.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet encountered anything in Snagit that I do not like. There is always a feature here or there that can be added to any app, but Snagit has the features I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want Photoshop-level editing capabilities for your screenshots, then use Photoshop. Snagit is the quick and easy alternative for all of us non-Graphic Designers - especially for the price.

Allows me to capture web and app images that are larger than the window/screen. Very helpful in our online purchasing processes. Although Preview in macOS does a decent job of simple image cleanup/editing, Snagit offers more capabilities while remaining simple to use. Some of our internal systems have very low limits on attachment file sizes, so Snagit helps me get the images I need to attach down to a manageable file size.

Snagit review by Amit S.
MS Systems Analyst
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Best and powerful Screen Recording/Capture Tool"

What do you like best?

Snagit is best and powerful screen capture and recording tool with audio recording as well. It has many features like Grab Text, smart move, Text replace in latest version, Magnify, annotate, add animation etc. It has one more great feature to take a full page screenshot with scrolling to bottom of the document/web page.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike for Snagit, once you start using it you will definitely love it and enjoy using the tool. The only matter is a matter of Cost for licence. There should be a basic version available for personal use with limited features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a Snipping tool for your business which is easy to use and provide all such features snagit is best to buy and I am sure it suite all company needs. Nothing more I can say about it rather just enjoying the Snag it.

Snagit is very useful when it comes to a documentation parts for a business. Imagine you are creating a reference guide for any product and you know you will required screenshot of each an every page with multiple annotations. Some times you also required to be create a demo for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for your company product or personal reason, Snagit gives all such functionality which can complete all your need for business purpose. It has been very helpful while you are in meetings and you want to record someone's presentation or need to capture all required screens.

Snagit review by Chris M.
Sr. Information Developer
(10,001+ employees)

"Quick and easy to capture screens and elements on your screen"

What do you like best?

I like Snag-It's ability to capture screens and just about any element on your screen. Once you have the image captured, Snag-It has a lot of editing features you can use to modify an image, such as blurring personal data shown on the image, drawing tools used to add lines, and so much more.

What do you dislike?

The scrolling capture feature is a good feature, however it's not always easy to make it work properly, however when it works, it's great to have an image that was larger than your screen, and saves the time it would take to capture many images and paste them together to make one image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For what it cost and the features it provides, I would buy it.

I have been using Snag-It for at least 20 years, back in the day when it was free. I use it to capture screens, and blur personal data so I can real-life screens in my documentation. I also use Snag-It's finite ability to capture small icons and other screen elements to use in my documentation.

Snagit review by Sarah H.
Manager of Self-Service and Content
Internet

"Best screenshot app I've ever used"

What do you like best?

Snagit has an excellent UI - intuitive, nice to use

A great array of tools and effects, including text detection!

Makes sharing across all my tools incredibly easy.

Love the library and ability to tag and categorize my images for easy access

What do you dislike?

Would like more control over how images are stored and saved - e.g., doing a Save As so I can name the image and upload to my DAM creates a duplicate image to the one in the Snagit library. I'd rather just have the named file which can be referenced by Snagit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Snagit has a diverse feature set - it's much more powerful than tools like Jing, Monosnap, or CloudApp (which I also like) - so if you need something more than those apps but less than photoshop, Snagit is an excellent choice.

Creating a catalog of app screenshots to use in our knowledge base, and for use across our content team (to ensure consistent image size, quality, annotation style, etc). Snagit does high-quality images, with very easy to use editing options. I can also send images and captured videos directly to Camtasia, which we use for creating training and how-to videos for our users.

Snagit review by Jacob L.
Weekend Meteorologist
Broadcast Media

"Efficient & Functional Content Capturing"

What do you like best?

I like the simple ability to add text and arrows onto captured content. It is a quick way to modify and spruce up content before sharing, and more efficient than any other software. I also appreciate that previous captures are saved in the snagit editor, which allows me to copy and paste text or designs from other screenshots.

What do you dislike?

Adding the potential to possibly share images directly to social media platforms would increase work flow and minimize the second step of sharing images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying out the different capture settings. Different people will prefer different ways to capture, whether using the "all-in-one", "Image", or "video."

It allows me to add text to graphics from other softwares and locations more quickly before sharing them online. It is the most streamlined way to get from a screen capture to the web, using only one application to capture, edit, and export the image.

Snagit review by Anthony V.
Customer
Automotive

"How Snagit helps with Customer Service Operations"

What do you like best?

SnagIt integrates well with our company and my team. The fact that you can setup hotkeys makes it feel like the software is everywhere you need it to be.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike,.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you run a CS team where you interact by email, provide training, produce webinars and create videos, then you need to use Snagit. When capturing a picutre, you can add a bunch of modifications to the image. For example, i want a client to look at a screen and be able to know where to go. I can add on the screenshot some arrows, and some number sequences and even add a comment box. I can change the colors of all these items to brand it with our company colors. In a video, i can easily re-watch the video that i took, pause it, esily cut out a part that i no longer want to keep in the video and carry on. The tutorials that they give on new version and small updates and features that you haven't used are really clear and well done.

With the ability to take screenshots with snagit, we can provide them in our emails back to our clients to help improve our documented procedures. Using the video ability along with screencast helps us make quick videos for our clients and saves us from having to phone them. These benefits alone are worth paying for the SnagIt software.

Snagit review by Philippa G.

"Brilliant tool for taking and annotating screenshots, and videos"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can continue taking screenshot after screenshot, without losing what you're working on, by using the hotkeys. It's very easy to add text to images, and blur details you want to hide. The cropping is simple, and you can crop different shapes, depending on the image. For video recording, you can set a timer which means you can prep the screen in readiness for the recording to begin.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this product! I have been using it for years, with multiple organisations, and it has been fantastic. I am really struggling to think of anything that I dislike!

I use it for everything from sending screenshots to customers, to producing technical documentation about our products. It works well for just taking a quick screengrab to put in an email, to editing an image for a make it suitable to include in a formal spec document. I keep Snagit running in the background on my laptop all day, and use my selected hotkey to take a quick screenshot whenever I need it.

Snagit review by Manuel L.
Manuel Lopez Soporte Tecnico

"Captura tu pantalla siempre que puedas"

What do you like best?

Snagit tiene la capacidad de realizar captura de pantalla tanto en imágenes como en video esto fue agregado en sus ultimas versiones, tiene una gran cantidad de utilidades para personalizar a fondo todos los print de pantalla que son tomados, podemos insertarle texto, formas y figuras para darle un valor agregado a la imagen que es tomada. Cuando se toma la foto a la imagen esta se almacena temporalmente en el software para poder usarlo luego, hay que tener cuidado de respaldar la imagen o guardarla en otro directorio para no perderla. El programa se ejecuta en segundo plano así que cuando pulsamos la tecla Print de nuestro teclado el se ejecuta automáticamente, no ocupa mucho espacio en memoria y no ralentiza el sistema operativo. No solo es posible personalizar las imágenes tomadas con el programa, también se puede tomar una imagen de nuestro disco y abrirla con Snagit para darle los respectivos toques técnicos.

What do you dislike?

Hay que tener cuidado al momento de tomar las fotos ya que si las dejamos por mucho tiempo en la biblioteca del programa este las limpia, es posible ajustar este parámetro en las opciones del programa, el software no es libre por lo cual hay que pagar por el, se ha optado por el software integrado en windows para hacer los print.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

El programa cumple muy bien con su función y tienen una gran cantidad de herramientas para la edicion de imágenes, por reducción de costos se decidió usar el software que trae windows, sin embargo no lo dejo de recomendar a toda la comunidad tiene una gran capacidad de personalización y el ordenamiento de las imágenes es excelente.

En un principio usamos Snagit como nuestra herramienta para tomar los print de pantalla para realizar soportes, elaborar manuales, pero para ahorrar costos en la compañia se decidió usar el programa que ya viene incluido en windows.

Snagit review by Adam G.
Project Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Useful But Somewhat Clunky"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Snagit is that it automatically selects portions of the screen to capture based on its interpretation of the screen's contents. For example, if you have Outlook open, you can move your cursor to the contents of a message and Snagit will highlight the portion of the screen containing the contents of the message. Then you just click once to capture that portion. Of course, you can always click and drag to capture a custom portion.

What do you dislike?

The image editing process is very clunky. It is not easy or intuitive to add arrows, text, callouts etc. to a captured image. I find that I need to copy the image to Powerpoint first before doing any useful editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for screen capture, not so great for image editing

My company uses Windows software and Lenovo laptops, which have the "Print Screen" keyboard button as the only way to screen capture. That simply captures the full contents of all of your screens and saves it to the clipboard. You then have to copy that into Microsoft Paint to edit and select what you actually wanted to capture. Very time consuming, especially since I have three screens. At least Snagit solves that problem.

Snagit review by Jackie B.
CEO
Entertainment

"Great Marketing Tool: Explainer Videos, Target Audience "Is This You?" Demand Gen...."

What do you like best?

Visuals are far more powerful these days than text for attracting the right audience. Snagit lets you focus more on your target audience (EX: their "Is This You?" scenario, and "explainer videos" where you show them exactly how your offering is how their life will be when your product fixes that scenario...) and you spend far less time creating those videos using Snagit. Techsmith created Snagit and their tech support is fantastic. They're creatives too and offer ideas far beyond just fixing any tech support needs you may have.

What do you dislike?

None that I can see right now. The earlier version had a learning curve for me, but they are constantly updating it making it even easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare Snagit with how you're creating client content/presentations now using 2 client groups and you'll be convinced that not only is Snagit a lot easier, but the results(in conversions to sales) are exponentially greater.

I needed to add more videos that worked far more effectively than the text-based content, and I didn't want to be locked into a freelancer's multiple iterations. I wanted a DIY that looked just as professional. Snagit was the right answer.

Snagit review by Aubrey O.
Communication Specialist
Financial Services
(10,001+ employees)

"Great Product for Capturing and Editing Screenshots"

What do you like best?

I love that Snagit allows you to capture any portion - large or small - of your screen. My favorite feature has to be the editing capabilities. After you take a screenshot, Snagit opens the captured image and allows you to work with the image in so many different ways. Whether you want to resize the screenshot, save it as a different image type or add text or pictures, you can do it all with Snagit.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the scrolling screenshots appear - they are never clear for me! When attempting to capture a scrolling screenshot - which would be a great feature of Snagit (if it worked), the image is almost always distorted. No matter how many attempts I make, Snagit never has given me a quality scrolling screenshot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Snagit for quality screenshots and for an easy, user friendly way to edit the image after it is captured. It offers a great help section that points out all Snagit's capabilities and features.

Snagit allows me to use one program to do what used to take several programs, saving time and money. I can now capture exactly what I want to off of my screen - without having to capture the whole screen, open it in another program and edit the image down to what I want. Even better, the fact that I'm able to work with and edit the screenshot directly from the Snagit program makes it such a time saver!

Snagit review by William C.
Developer/Analyst
Restaurants

"Perfect tool for trouble shooting and QA"

What do you like best?

The product is so versatile for screenshots, video screenshots, and error recording. I use the product mostly to report issues back to the development team as they happened, which DRASTICALLY improves repair and hotfix times.

What do you dislike?

I do wish I could attach information to the Snagit, like a date-time stamp or an internet connectivity status as I was capturing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Snagit can really make a difference between your QA team and the development team. Often these teams struggle to find the words to accurately explain how they made an issue happen or how they found it, but with a video recording it can change the game of QA.

I use the product mostly to report issues back to the development team as they happened, which DRASTICALLY improves repair and hotfix times. Also, it allows me to replay issues during QA and try and exactly recreate them, which can help distinguish between a single computer issue and a product issue.

Snagit review by Kathy B.
Business Analyst/Technical Writer

"No other product offers the "cut out" option"

What do you like best?

One of the greatest advantages of this program is the ability to "cut out" unused space. If a report has too much white space, use the "cut out" option to horizontally or vertically "remove and close up" the unused area. I've manually cropped borders and moved imagery to retain the "look" of a application window, but SnagIt makes that a thing of the past with the "cut out" option.

What do you dislike?

When replacing colors (much easier than in PhotoShop), even if sensitivity is set very high, the system may replace other unrelated colors or pixels within the image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to purchase. This product is much easier to work with than Adobe Photoshop, and saves much time over MS Paint.

I've made our Help documentation more accessible by cropping out white space to make an entire report fit in one screen view, removing the need to scroll to view the entire image.

Snagit review by Patrick H.
Marketing Coordinator

"Wonderful Product"

What do you like best?

I have used Snagit everyday since I discovered it a few years back because of its convenience and wide variety of features. I like that it has an option to be decked on your anywhere desktop and always be on in the background, allowing for quick and easy screenshots. I also like its variety of editing features, from cropping to adding text and shapes to changing the size of the photo. I even use the Snagit as a photo editor editor to edit pictures, not just for screenshots and it does a great job.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the scrolling capture. I have yet to found an instance where I went to capture a scrolling image or web page and it turned out good. Scrolling screenshots taken with Snagit are visually distorted and I haven't been able to use them in my experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Snagit is a convenient way to capture any type of screenshot as well as a great way to edit and work with the screenshot or image. It is easy to use and navigate. The "help" section as well as the Snagit website both provide a really good instruction on how to utilize the product.

Snagit saves time and money because it is a fast and reliable way to capture anything on my desktop - from websites to documents and emails. Prior to Snagit, I would have to press the print screen button and edit the screen shot - it would take several different programs to capture and edit a screenshot - Snagit allows me to do all of this in one place.

Snagit review by Kaylee W.

"Makes screengrabs a breeze when copious amounts are needed quickly."

What do you like best?

I love that I can make hot keys so that I easily remember the fastest way to capture an image. I also like that I can point out things that need to be edited when I send my work to our creative artists. I also appreciate the movie feature. That has been great for recording trainings with team members. I also like that I can trim my images if they are not accurate the first time around, and I don't have to be precise when capturing ads of certain sizes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Snagit is glitchy and doesn't catch the images fast enough (ie. rotating ads), but a simple refresh of the page usually does the trick. I think there need to be more font choices when adding text to the images. The biggest problem I have is accidentally making text boxes when I haven't switched to the selection tool, but I believe that is user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product has increased my job efficiency tremendously. I can trim images that aren't accurate the first time and point out pieces of the images that need updating. I use Snagit about 50 times a day for work, and it's a time-saver and very reliable.

For my job, we have to seen screenshots of images for Legal approval, and it exponentially makes the approval process easier. It has also bee helpful with catching mistakes from Art to point out exactly what needs updated.

Snagit review by Lindsay H.

"Snagit Review"

What do you like best?

I love how simple and quick it is to use. Yesterday a colleague needed to know about to access some information in a software program we use and we couldn't coordinate for a face-to-face or phone call. So, I opened up snag it and made a two minute video and sent it to him. It saves me a ton of time, because I don't have to spend time typing out detailed instructions, taking screenshots and formatting them and adding arrows. I can make a video once and it can be viewed over and over by anyone who needs it. It is great for all different kinds of learners - especially those who are visual or auditory (like me!). I can save the file on my computer or I can upload it to a ton of different places, like dropbox, camtasia, or my favorite, Google Drive. This is especially great for larger video files that I can't email - I can send a link to the video instead.

I also liked the cost. As a self-proclaimed cheapskate and tightwad, this price was great for me.

What do you dislike?

I am not a big fan of the editing features, because I can't figure them out. And I should give a disclaimer that I haven't given much effort to figuring them out and I have absolutely no experience or context for edit a video. Most of what I do is informal, so if it has a small mistake, it isn't a big deal. Also, I did just get a newer version of it with a new UI and I have attempted any editing with the new UI.

I supervisor 130+ people and most of them don't work the same shift as I do. We often need to give all 130 of them information or training, but since they are college students who have crazy schedules, it is very challenging to get them all together. With Snagit, I can make a video with the information or training the need, and send it out to them. It is great because they can watch it at convenient time for them - 2 am or 11 am. I don't have to try to schedule several meetings to talk to as many of them as possible (and then they accidentally sleep through it). They can watch it as many times as they need. When I hire someone new, they can view the videos and we don't have to spend extra time meeting one-on-one for training. We love it. I've shared it with friends and colleagues who also love it. Everyone prefers a brief video in a email to a meeting :)

Snagit review by Ryan C.
Customer Success Advocate

"Easy capture and editing"

What do you like best?

The whole capture process is streamlined:

- custom mapped keys to trigger the capture

- allows you to select what section of your screen (a God-send when you have three monitors)

- then once selected, automatically opens the Snagit Editor with the capture you just took.

Working in support, I use screenshots all the time to "show not tell" what I mean to customers.

What do you dislike?

The editing of the images is a bit limited.

For example, there isn't even a "black and white" setting.

I often take images out of snagit and open them into photoshop... but that is only about 5% of the time.

Allowing me to take a screenshot, annotate it, and send it off to a customer in under 5 minutes really helps me from having to go through the process of having to give an extremely detailed description on what they need to do to change a setting or fix an issue they may be having.

Snagit review by Sarah M.
Housing Specialist
Government Relations

"The Best Screenshot Program"

What do you like best?

There are so many things that I like about SnagIt but the thing that I like the most is how easy it makes it to capture an image of your screen. SnagIt has an option that allows you to have it docked on your computer desktop so all that you have to do is click on button on your mouse and you can capture an image. The image is then automatically opened in the SnagIt editor where you can make enhanced edits such as - crop the image, add text, colors, shapes and even save it to any format (JPG, PDF, etc.)

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like about SnagIt is the scrolling capture. What would be probably my favorite thing about SnagIt, being able to capture a scrolling image, just doesn't work. Every time I have attempted to capture a scrolling window using SnagIt, it comes out distorted, blurred with objects duplicated. I have never been able to use an scrolling window that I captured using SnagIt because of these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend SnagIt because of how easy it makes it to capture shots of your screen. You can even choose to have SnagIt docked to your computer so that it is always running and ready to capture a screenshot with the click of a button. It allows you to edit the screenshots before the capture is finalized. Once you capture a screenshot, you are automatically directed to the SnagIt editor where you can make edits and additions to the photo. It is a great tool with advanced features yet it is easy enough for everyone to use.

SnagIt has allowed us to not only to easily capture screenshots but also allows us to make edits to those screenshots in the SnagIt editor. The editor really has some enhanced features like being able to resize and crop images, add text and shapes, adjust colors, etc. We even use SnagIt when we need to edit or enhance regular photos that aren't screenshots - that's how many useful features the SnagIt editor offers. SnagIt makes it super quick and convenient not only to capture screenshots but to make edits and enhance photos.

Snagit review by Wally M.
AP/AR Manager
Real Estate

"Snagit....no really snag this."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. It is so easy to launch, copy, and edit the image you want to send. Being able to utilize the annotation tools are also a huge plus. This has greatly impacted the effectiveness of training within our company. I haven't had the opportunity to use the video capture feature just yet, however I can already see tons of uses for this tool. I am also a huge fan of the panoramic screen capture. This feature is so useful!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I disliked was that it would occasionally crash when I first started using Snagit. However I think there must have been an update because it no longer crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this for your business. Much more functionality than the Snip tool that Windows provides.

Snagit has greatly aided in sharing information with clients and co-workers. It is so easy to explain something when you can annotate a screen shot and easily send it in an email. I also use this product to help build training presentations. This has saved so much time in the creation of these presentations and the images that I am embedding in them are so much better than before. I am sure that as I begin to use the video feature that we will begin creating training video clips for our employees as well. I can see Snagit taking our training to the next level.

Snagit review by Victor Alday N.
eDiscovery Specialist Paralegal
Law Practice

"Snagit - The absolute BEST. "

What do you like best?

The ability to do more than just create screenshots. The whole software allows you to annotate images with text, arrows, highlighters, stickers, callouts etc... The software also allows you to resize, crop, and create edges on the image. Basically, Snagit can be used like Adobe Photoshop but for documents.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing really to dislike about this software, other than the times it can slow boot time of your computer if the settings allows it to start when Windows starts up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If a picture is a thousand words, what you do with Snagit would be like authoring an epic novel. IMO, this software is very easy to use. Not once did I feel the need to contact tech support. I know Windows comes with a free screenshot tool, called the "Snipping Tool," but Snagit makes your screenshots look more professional and completely "clean." The software is somewhat pricey, but the upgrades are very reasonable.

This software solves a lot of problems. It can help make quick tutorials on the fly easily. Screenshots are also able to be saved as png, jpg, gif, and pdf files. People often learn easily through pictures, rather than words. Snagit easily helps do that . Snagit can also records video and audio on the desktop and comes with some basic editing features. This is very helpful when it comes to webinars, online meetings involving software demonstrations, and quick video tutorials.

Snagit review by Jill G.
President & CEO
Management Consulting

"Full-featured screen capture and editing software"

What do you like best?

Snagit is my "go-to" screen capture and editing software. I like the ability to capture screens in many different ways, from full screen to a specific region or object, with or without menus and cursors. You can crop, annotate, and save your file as an editable Snagit project file, as a .PNG, or one of several other file formats. I like how easy the software is to learn. And it is reasonably priced, a great value.

What do you dislike?

I find the packaged color schemes limiting; I would like the ability to save my own color schemes. I would like the ability to export files to layers for use in Photoshop or Illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Years ago, a colleague, the Documentation Manager for our software group, turned my on to Snagit. She and her staff were able to take quick screenshots of almost anything needed to create professional software documentation. I started using it myself a year or two later. Take advantage of the free trial if you are new to Snagit. Then you will be hooked!

I use Snagit to produce slide presentations, to capture marketing survey information, for minor graphics editing and recoloring, to create marketing collateral, and to create training materials, from quick training guides to detailed, step-by-step software training manuals.

Snagit review by WNewquay M.
Host
Management Consulting

"Best communications tool I use every day"

What do you like best?

It's drop-dead simple to share an idea, instructions, a process, or illustrate a problem with Snagit. I use Snagit several times a day to grab a screenshot or to create a short screen video. The annotation tools are great for making the screenshots even more useful. I use the automatic numbering for steps all the time, when I don't think I can use a larger file (that you get when you create a screen video).

What do you dislike?

I work on a high-resolution screen (4500x3000) so screenshots are gigantic if I don't resize them. If I don't resize them before doing annotations, then when I resize later, the annotations are very small.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has become a regular part of my workflow to use Snagit instead of typing wherever possible. This is one of the best productivity tools I use multiple times a day. It pays for itself in time saved - likely, every day.

If you find yourself typing to describe something on a screen, consider using Snagit. You'll save time, and your message will be clearer.

I write to colleagues doing quality assurance and Snagit makes it easy to highlight issues.

I also write in a customer facing capacity providing ad-hoc instructions.

Being able to create screenshots and screen videos is faster and clearer for me, than writing.

Snagit review by Prabhash T.
Project Manager

"Screen Capture on the go "

What do you like best?

It is the perfect screen capturing tool I have came across in my life, I would say. It is very easy to use tool and the best feature I like is the text replace feature, where one can easily replace the text from the captured image on the go without even worrying about the font and size. It on its own analyzes this thing.

What do you dislike?

It has no support for Linux platforms, this is one thing that bothers me as I use both operating system - Windows and Ubuntu (Linux based).

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lot of features available, explore all of them. Like the text replace feature, it a pretty good feature. Try it once!

Everything on the internet is not always available, we use this tool to scrap information and store in image formats which can later-on be used in presentations.

Snagit review by Joe D.
IT Director and Manager
Hospital & Health Care

"Not your parents screen capture software"

What do you like best?

Fantastic ease of access and capabilities. Provides the ability to perform simple screen and video captures while having the back-end loaded with features to modify, annotate, write, clip, trim, and on and on. I've been using Snagit for numerous revisions and versions, each with a new or improved feature set.

What do you dislike?

Pay to play software and I'm not the first to pay for an upgrade when older versions work well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a Director of IT and still hands-on, this is an excellent tool that goes beyond the Windows or Mac capture apps.

Excellent tool to capture Network settings an anything you can display - just to have a screenshot of the way it was is "priceless" for sure. Anytime we make a change to a Firewall, Switch, copier, cabling, etc. or even a home device, we can see what was working (or not working) before.

Countless hours of guessing, failed attempts of frustration have been avoided by using Snagit.

I also find it very useful for creating "How To" docs and showing steps with a highlighted, bubble or stamp on what to do.