4.9

Software for small law firms. When it's time to get serious about your law business, it's time for Smokeball.

Watch a quick demo and see why the most productive small law firms use Smokeball to manage their firm.

Work for Smokeball?

Learning about Smokeball?

Smokeball Reviews

Ask Smokeball a Question
Showing 69 Smokeball reviews
Kimberly M.

"Streamline day to day business functionality"

What do you like best?

Everything is essentially in one place and categorized by matter. The integration between Outlook, Word and Smokeball is essential to keeping it all together.

What do you dislike?

The search function could be better, currently you can only do broad searches, but it would be nice if you could do advance searches that would dive into matters.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go to the seminars and lunch n learns, there is always more to learn about the Smokeball system that will save you more time and ease. Ask the awesome Smokeball staff for help when you need it, they always have the answer or can solve the issue quickly. If they can't answer you question or get it done right away, best believe they will do what they can to get it done as quickly as possible. Use all that Smokeball offers, it's there for a reason, everything works together in beautiful harmony.

Emails are saved in Smokeball, so if your email crashes they're not lost. Billing is a lot easier. Smokeball forms are a big attribute. Auto generated forms are awesome. Setting tasks for yourself as well as other employees.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Smokeball
Elisa R.

"SMOKEBALL CHANGED BY PRACTICE - MY INCOME HAS INCREASED BY 72%"

What do you like best?

Smokeball is user friendly and when I have a question, support is a phone call away.

What do you dislike?

There is no down side to SmokeBall - seriously, only software program with no down side.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best $119 I spend per month - no question best invoicing system out there for a legal practice - helps keep detail of all work performed - easy to use - increases revenue because the time is listed on the invoice and the client understands the work performed and pays.

I invoice once a month - it is clean, professional, and people pay. I have had my office for 7 years and within the first month of using Smokeball my revenue increased by 45% and since then over the past few months, revenue is up 72%. You don't lose track of time - everything is clearly shown on the invoice - so people pay.

What Legal Case Management solution do you use?

Roberto C. L.

"Smokeball is taking our practice to the next level."

What do you like best?

I like the intuitive home screen along with the printable daily digest which includes calls, tasks, events. This feature allows me to organize my day and prioritize. The next steps has become a beacon for me to make sure that we keep our cases on track to completion without missing important tasks.

What do you dislike?

I have found very little aspects of smokeball that I have not liked. Features which I would like have been addressed by the smokeball team and I was able to get a new matter type which will enhance our case management greatly. The smokeball team is great at keeping an open door via new feature requests and support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For attorneys opening their law practices, Start off right and with the right case management software. For anyone else better late than never. Smokeball allows you to quickly move all of your cases over and transition quickly enough that you should be able to keep building your practice no matter how long you have operated.

I wanted to eliminate our use of multiple programs that created the inefficiency of entering data twice. In addition we have realized a smoother and easier way to track AP and AR as well as billing. I was trying to move us into a more integrated software and Smokeball does that and more.

David W.

"Great Product/ Great Service and the best way to provide the level of care your clients deserve"

What do you like best?

Work Flows with the ability to attach specific templates. I also love the integration with Word, Outlook, etc. which allows me to file drafts and emails even with attachments.

What do you dislike?

Check Writing/ Accounting is different than what we are accustomed to in a practice that handles such a variety of payment structures and methods. Smokeball is working with us to develop a solution that works best for our firm.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Demo all the providers multiple times and understand what smokeball provides they don't. Understand what they provide that smokeball doesn't. Decide what is most important. DON'T TRY TO MAKE A NEW SYSTEM DO WHAT YOUR OLD ONE DID. . . learn why through development, trainings and redevelopment the provider recommends a method. If you want a system that allows you to manage a method and free up your paralegals to spend time thinking of other ways to add value to your practice then consider smokeball. For the cases i handle I have created a workflow. For these workflows I continue to develop templates so my assistants just have to press a button to generate the documents I need from demand letters to pleadings to discovery to disbursement sheets. It is a product like no other i have considered.

Before smokeball I was responsible for "dolling out the tasks" to attorneys, paralegals and secretaries. I also actively work a number of cases that require my complete focus. I was in a position that some days I may come in and doll out 50 things to do and then I would move on wishfully thinking my staff could get these completed before I came in and did it again or called in saying x, y and z had to be completed immediately. I created a system of backlogged to do list where everyone was on edge to understand what was most important until every day became put out the hottest fire. This software allows me to show the entire staff what needs to be done over an extended period of time for a specific case. They can realistically achieve resolution and see their achievements in cases as they work on them and many other cases at the same time. It has allowed me to see when individuals are backed up, how they perform with different tasks and remove the bottlenecks in the process. It allows me to reassign urgent tasks if necessary. It allows me to easily save documents, emails and other important attachments to individual matters. It allows me to out work the other side primarily by working smarter.

James ("Jay") Z.

"Very Happy with the Product"

What do you like best?

Smokeball is tightly integrated with Microsoft Office. Our Outlook, Word, and Excel all work together with the database so that document creation and management (finding, editing, creating, emailing, etc.) is a much more efficient process. Related to this, Smokeball's document automation system is very powerful and is a feature that we use extensively. Also, Smokeball's customer service is outstanding. Every employee I've spoken with is very knowledgeable about the product and I get the sense that the organization runs a "flat" management structure, so that any necessary information is only a quick call or a message away.

What do you dislike?

All that power comes with a big learning curve. I don't think the learning curve is difficult for the end users, but to get the most out of the program during setup, you really need to think about how your practice is organized before you get started. It would be nice to see a more developed third party consultant community. Would also like to see a user group/knowledge base where people can compare notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend this product. I'm happy with it and the others in my office are happy with it.

Document assembly is better and more efficient than any system we have used before. The ability to use logic (If/Then/Else statements evaluating information in the database, and questions presented to the end user) help us push down a lot of the tedious aspects of document creation to staff so that the attorneys can focus more on the legal issues. Smokeball's task lists and workflows help with project management. We are able set up workflows based on different types of matters that present relevant document templates to attorneys or staff at the right time, which makes everyone more efficient. The billing function integrates with QuickBooks Online, which simplifies our accounting. All of our trust accounting is managed inside the program, so we can see which clients have money in trust at a glance, from inside the customer's file, or via global reports. Billing and payment information is also integrated into the matter, so we can see the client's trust account balance every time we work on the file.

Matthew L.

"A very satisfied P.I. (small) firm."

What do you like best?

I had two goals when shopping for my next case management system. I needed portability. I also wanted simplicity. I got both with Smokeball. Wherever I go: court, depositions; out of town; the conference room; my entire file drawer is there with me. At my desk, or on the road with my laptop, I am able to access not just "some" of the file. I have ALL of it: documents; file data; emails; calendar; upcoming tasks - my office in my smartphone.

Smokeball is robust and can be very detailed and granular. However, it has a simple interface and keeps a lot of data organized and stored in an intuitive layout. I rarely have trouble finding anything I need.

What do you dislike?

I wish emails were automatically stored in subfolder, so they didn't clutter up the general matter file.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have a personal injury practice. The advanced PI case set up is fantastic. Let a trained sales pro walk you through what the system can do for your practice. You will be pleased.

The system has been designed from the beginning to help lawyer; with the input of lawyers.

Smokeball interfaces with Quickbooks online and allows me to keep meticulous track of my operating account and (much more importantly) my Trust account. This is a lifesaver (and sleep enhancer) for me.

Patricia M.

"Smokeball rocks!"

What do you like best?

My favorite Smokeball feature is the ability to track billable time using artificial intelligence. While I try to input time entries contemporaneously, that doesn't always happen. With Smokeball, I can easily review the work I performed on a particular matter, and then switch the view to see all of the matters that I worked on in a particular day.

What do you dislike?

I look forward to future releases that will make Smokeball even better: a one-step option to convert web pages into .pdf documents; the ability to track time spent browsing the internet for tasks like due diligence; a view that allows a user to see only one copy of an email string even though the string was saved in a matter by multiple users - it's hard to efficiently review emails when I have to wade through multiple copies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I needed an email management solution that relies on metadata, rather than date saved to a matter, to organize emails and other documents by date order. I made the right choice.

I used to lose sleep over the lack of email management and in particular the inability to save attachments separately from emails. With Smokeball, I can link an email to a matter and receive a prompt asking if I'd also like to separately save the attachments to the matter. I used to waste time searching in emails for documents. Now those hours can be spent doing billable work.

Christopher W. C.

"Best Case Managment Software on the Market Today"

What do you like best?

There are two main features that are really very helpful - beyond the fantastic customer service and training (Andrea Valle is a particular standout).

The best feature is the desktop install. Installing the software, rather than going through a browser really increases the functionality and allows Smokeball to be incorporated into everything we do. I worked at an AM Law 100 firm and we used DeskSite to manage our files. Smokeball is as good as Desksite in managing the files, and has more helpful features.

Another great feature is the categorization that beings when you create new matters. Smokeball slots matters based on the type, and then uses that categorization to assist in providing preexisting forms and generating templates, like letters that per-generate with basic information completed.

Another feature that is very helpful is the automatic time recording. This feature not only helps capture more time on hourly matters, it provides a data to determine what work was put into flat fee matters (and the profitability or non-profitability) and provides a baseline if we need to do a fee petition on contingency fee matters.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to really dislike so far. The challenge we have is uploading all our exiting matters, so we can be fully into Smokeball.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider the features that Smokeball includes and whether those are valuable to your practice. When comparing Smokeball consider that other software charges additional fees for features that Smokeball includes. The templates that Smokeball includes are a big value add.

Smokeball really assists in the electronic organization of matters, thereby reducing our reliance on paper, and in providing access anywhere. Our files are now primarily electronic, with some paper. Not only can we work on any of our cases from anywhere, but with the mobile app, sitting in court, I can bring up an order on a matter from last hearing or even before.

Jim P.

"TOOK MY SOLO PRACTICE PAPERLESS!!"

What do you like best?

Account Management and Customer Support. Smokeball's account management and customer support are second to none. From the beginning they have been there to make sure the transition went smoothly and that things continue to go smoothly. Whenever I have a question or a problem they are there to help, even if it turns out the problem is with my hardware, not their software. No question is too small, no issue is too minor. Really a great group of people.

What do you dislike?

My biggest pet peeve about the software is the fact the task list does not show up on the calendar page. I have been asking for this change and am maintaining hope that it will come. However, my account manager was able to come up with a great work around that has solved the problem for now. (See What I like best).

Smokeball has solved every business problem. It has taken me paperless, it has solved case management problems, billing issues, etc. I am finding new problems for it to solve almost weekly.

Smokeball has greatly reduced the amount of time that I spend on task, especially standard forms and letters.

Amanda L.

"Complex but incredibly useful"

What do you like best?

I particularly like how much automation Smokeball allows. I also really appreciate the search functions and how easy it is to search not just document and email titles, but the test of documents and emails as well. We're still in the onboarding process, but automated timekeeping and forms have been tremendously helpful. I've also really appreciated the Account Management and onboarding team. Whenever I have questions or encounter a problem, they have been able to provide speedy assistance. The trainings have also been useful. It is a complex system and there is a lot to learn to use it to its full effect, but it has solved a lot of the headaches we were having with our previous legal practice management software.

What do you dislike?

Memos do not show up in document searches, which is kind of frustrating. There is also no direct place to enter notes for phone conversations. We've been using the memo function for this, but it's not as smooth a process as we would like. Additionally, you also have to be careful with timekeeping for calendared events. If you blocked off two hours for a client conference but only spent 45 minutes in the conference, you have to remember to go in and edit the time record generated. So far the only other issue I've encountered is that because of the sheer size and complexity of the program, it can be a little slow to react at times. But the benefits of the program have far outweighed the few problems we've encountered.

Easier tracking of detailed information on matters, particularly personal injury matters. Better automation of forms, which saves us time in the long run. Automated timekeeping for a lot of activities so long as they are done through Smokeball means less time starting and stopping timers and better accuracy on timekeeping. Our bookkeeper also appreciates the reports offered by Smokeball billing and the simplicity of the billing system.

Rick D.

"Advanced Practice Mangement Software"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the document automation, which is far superior to other practice management software, which require the use of third-party programs to obtain the same results. Additionally, the automatic time tracking has been a game changer in my practice. The account managers at Smokeball are also very responsive and available, which is a drastic difference from some of their competitors where it can take a long time to get a response from someone in a call center. With Smokeball, my dedicated account manager responds to emails almost instantly and is attentive to any requests or questions.

What do you dislike?

The company could be more open to third-party integrations and/or APIs. This is the one area it is not as strong as other software in this category.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend time on the support webpage. I do this with all new software I am considering as you can learn alot about the features and how it works by skimming through the support pages. Smokeball also does a good job of posting about its version changes in the support pages. Therefore, you can see the direction of the company and how they implement changes.

This is a complete practice management program that is well integrated with office products. Many of the things it does require third-party integrations with other software which leads to more chances for errors. Smokeball has allowed me to utilize fewer vendors, which leads to lower overhead costs and more time to work on legal matters.

Daniel A.

"Smokeball is the 99% Complete Package For Our Firm"

What do you like best?

1) Account Management - We were assigned a personal support account manager from the start who helped us get established, provided training and is one stop shopping for all our questions. He even hosted me during a recent visit to Chicago. We've been working with him for more than 18 months no and he is terrific: responsive, intelligent and knows how to marshal the internal Smokeball resources when needed.

2) Document Management / Email integration - We demoed all the top Practice Management Systems in detail and Smokeball was the best in these categories. All documents are stored in the secure Smokeball cloud and organizing, searching and maintaining these documents is a breeze. Thanks to the tight integrtion with Outlook, Word and Nuance (PDF), all documents can easily be manipulated and get tagged so they are associated with the correct matter.

3) Automated Forms - Another strong trait of Smokeball. Creating and using templates for letters, memos, etc helps avoid the tedious task of creating a letter from scratch. These are automated based on existing matter or client details and can be automated to "ask" questions to fill in the blanks at creation time within a matter.

4) Integrated Billing system - Smokeball Billing (previously called "Boost") has come a long way in 18 months and provides 99% of the functionality to do invoicing and manage Trust Accounts. Reports are available for generating for the client (i.e. Matter Account Ledgers) or internally (i.e. Aging Reports).

5) Unlimited document storage in the Smokeball cloud (I hope this continues)

What do you dislike?

1) Occasionally the document list refresh can be a bit quirky due (most likely) to time lags

2) The forms template creation works great but is so powerful that it is sometimes a little overwhelming but our account manager

3) Cost - Smokeball is one of the higher cost solutions

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Smokeball is making the needed investment to improve the product. We see continuous improvement and new functionality frequently. We were asked to work directly with the developers in some cases to address functionality needs.

1) Efficiency - we save hours of time using pre-formatted forms

2) Organization -Thanks to tight email integration,all our emails are organized and stored by matter for subsequent searching and package production

3) Compliance - Invoicing and accounting functionality is strong so we can feel confident that we are meeting all the IOLTA and record-keeping requirements for or State Bar

David P.

"Smokeball has addressed countless firm management issues and streamlined our work process."

What do you like best?

Smokeball is very easy to use- especially in creating and managing new matters. Smokeball has proven that they care about their customers because their account management team is very responsive and pro-active. I feel very comfortable that I will have the support I need when I need it. I am also pleased with the responses I get when I submit tickets about desired features for the program. It is clear they are developing software that responds directly to the requests of its customers.

What do you dislike?

Smokeball is not perfect and occasionally has small bugs or inconsistencies. It is always a bit of an adjustment switching wholesale to a new firm management system, and this has been no exception. That being said, using Smokeball continues to become easier over time.

Smokeball solves case management, contact management, and document storage for our firm. The primary benefit is that all of these systems are held in one place, and interact smoothly to eliminate unnecessary extra work.

Allison T.

"Smokeball has made my job easier "

What do you like best?

I love the integrations. My favorite two are Microsoft with Outlook and the ability to associate emails with a click of the button and Ring Central. My staff and I are able to accurately bill without remembering to note start and end time for telephone calls. I am also very pleased with our Account Manager Mark. He is very attentive to any and all issues. If he is unable to assist us, he immediately puts us in contact with someone that can.

What do you dislike?

The essential forms integration. I dislike that the completed form is only accessible for modification by the user that created the form. It slows down the workflow process immensely. I also dislike the workflows. I would prefer to create a workflow checklist to be opened in a file rather than having the workflows immediately assigned as Tasks.

There are so many. First, a cloud based system has made is easier to view files on the go and look at files from my phone at court. It was difficult to work on files when everything was on a server. More effective billing. Having an integrated billing software has helped my firm increase it's billings and more efficiently bill our clients. While we previously didn't track time on flat fee cases, Boost makes that much easier. Form Integration in Word, helps to streamline the use of form letters and ensure that the most recent version of a template is being used.

Josie K.

"The Absolute Best Program for File Organization in Law Offices"

What do you like best?

Everything about Smokeball is truly a dream. The interface not only gives you a way to easily organize clients files but it also provides a system to tag the files as various types of cases. Within the system you can create separate files for each type of document that will be held ex. pleadings, correspondence, etc. One of the best parts of Smokeball is the automation that you can input to your files. You can generate an automatic document for various letters you send on a daily basis. For instance fax cover sheets, opening letters, letters of representation, you name it you can automate it. Truly makes every part of the system such a breeze. And you can link your email so you can tag emails with the corresponding clients files they should be linked to. Talk about convenient!

What do you dislike?

There's truly not much that I dislike about Smokeball. I can't off the top of my head think of anything other than the duration of time it takes on occasion to actually open the program. But that's truly a minimal complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Truly an incredible product that I can't say enough shining things about.

Solving the issue of organizing documents and keeping track of all documents and files for each client. This solves the issue of paper files and condenses everything into an electronic form that easy to access. It also provides a tool to create and assign tasks to various employees and see when they're completed which is truly a game changer.

"Smokeball has been a huge help in file management."

What do you like best?

The fact that if I have a client calling for status on their case & the person handling their file is out, I can quickly bring up the case notes to find out what is being worked on & give an appropriate update.

What do you dislike?

The hardest part about Smokeball is setting up new automated forms, but if I absolutely can't figure it out I can reach out to their support team and they'll show me how it's done or it can be submitted to them directly & they'll automate it for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Whatever you can do, Smokeball does it better.

The biggest thing Smokeball has helped with is in office communication. It's hard to round table every case so everyone always knows whats happening with each particular case. The case notes option helps us communicate without really communicating. Also it allows us not have to hunt for the hard file. Everything is right where you need it. It seamlessly blends everything together so you don't have to scramble around when a particular client calls.

Tanya L.

"Case Management at Your Fingertips"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Smokeball is that it organizes all case-related information in one place. All information regarding Billing, Court, Correspondence is easily found within the Smokeball matter.

The integration with eFiling is easy to use and the fact that the filed documents and the costs involved go straight into the matter makes it so nothing gets lost or forgotten.

Tracking time for the attorneys is also a great benefit.

What do you dislike?

There are a few minor "fixes" that I would like to see in Smokeball. The biggest for me is to be able to select one or more documents and right click to print. I do not like the fact that I have to open every document to print it.

I would also like to be able to set a standard naming convention for documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to a current user.

Document automation is key to our office. It is easy to create form documents or templates and makes the process so much more efficient and easy.

Using the integration with Billing has allowed all users to have access to the invoices.

"Best Way to Keep Your Files Straight"

What do you like best?

Smokeball allows the user to keep all calls, emails, documents and notes together in a order to allow the user to find everything with ease. The billing is amazing too. It is able to keep track of the time spent on drafting motions and reviewing materials needed for each case.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I don't like. If I were to try to come up with something, it would be that the newest update to the billing does not allow me to change the subject line on the bill.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please give this a try. The ease of use and level of support is amazing. I could not do my job with as much ease without Smokeball.

We have been using Smokeball for over 3 years now, and I do not have to rely on any other program to enable me to do my work. The ease of use makes this an invaluable tool in our office. I could not image going back to the way we kept electronic files before Smokeball. The auto-time allows us to not do the added step of writing our time down.

Andy T.

"Great Product with Great Customer Support"

What do you like best?

There customer support and tech support are top-notch. In fact, our Smokeball account manager was in town recently for another event and came by our office to do a training for our firm. We are a small firm, and that level of personal attention was very appreciated.

In addition to the customer support, we have been very pleased with the product overall. We have several lawyers who practice in several different practice areas, and in our research, we found Smokeball to be the product that was most adept at handling multiple practice areas. We've been very pleased with the product.

We also like that the product is very intuitive. We looked at other programs that seemed like they'd be more powerful. Maybe they were, and maybe they weren't, but either way, they would've been impossible to figure out. (And that's coming from someone who was a computer programmer before I was a lawyer.) Smokeball makes it super-easy to file emails, for example. It's really difficult to overstate how easy Smokeball is to use.

What do you dislike?

There have been glitches here and there, but when this happens, Smokeball is very good at: (1) developing a temporary workaround; and (2) correcting the glitch in the next update (which happens frequently).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can look at other programs, but make sure the other programs are going to be easy enough to use for you *and* your staff. Otherwise, the program can be as powerful as it can be, but it won't do you any good.

Smokeball has helped us tremendously as we have grown our practice. Oce of the key benefits has been automation. Where we previously would have to think of the last time we had drafted a particular document to use as a form, now they are stored in the forms folder, and once we click, most (if not all) of the client data is already in the form. This has made us tremendously more efficient.

Aaron S.

"Great Software, Better Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The software is pretty robust and comprehensive. But this sometimes leaves you wondering whether you can do certain tasks and how best to do those. Smokeball has great trainined videos that are clearly organized to make it easy to walk through them whenever you want. But by far the best piece of the software for me has been the on-boarding process and customer service. When I've been stuck on a problem, they're ready to help answer any questions, no matter how dumb, I have. And they're very quick to respond. Sometimes even within a couple minutes. As a solo, this is invaluable since I don't have anyone else I can hand this stuff off to to figure out for me.

What do you dislike?

I want a client portal. Although one is supposed to be coming. And if you're attempting to manage lots of referrals and potential clients through this software, it's not set up for that as well. You can use certain work-arounds for that. However, it's just not designed for CRM-type use. If Smokeball would either add that as a function, or develop an integration with another CRM platform, that would be ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have use of document automation (different from just simple document assembly), this product is better than its competitors. Plus, they're working diligently to add more forms for state-generated forms, whether court forms, real property forms, or what have you. Any time I've proposed they add certain forms, they've been accommodating and prepare those as automated forms within a couple weeks. Smokeball does what the other programs do, plus the automation component.

Managing various client files in one place. The ability to work remotely without having to sign in through a remote desktop is fantastic. Plus, the way the software works, you have local copies of active files on your computer, so you can continue to work even without an Internet connection, which some courthouses still refuse to provide...It's also great to have client contact info in the software and on the app. This way I don't have to undertake some cumbersome process or grabbing a paper file or calling a secretary to pull a client's phone number while I'm traveling.

"Smokeball exceeds expectations!"

What do you like best?

Smokeball made our transition very easy and honored every promise they have made to us when we came on board. On the rare occasion that we have issues, someone is always available to speak to us and solve the problem. Smokeball is also eager to learn of how we use the system and have often created better ways to do things based on our feedback! We love it!

What do you dislike?

The price---other than that, there is very little we dislike about the program. The phone app could refresh and sync better with the online system. And, it would be nice to be able to save PDFs off line directly into Smokeball.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it. Although the product is expensive, we have found the investment to be worth it!

Smokeball gave us the push we needed to go toward paperless. We are more efficient and everything is in one place. I can access the entire file from court or anywhere when I am on the road. It also keeps track of all of our activities so we can refer back to the file instead of relying on memory or notes in the file. It has had an unintended benefit as our staff competes to see who has the most activities completed at the end of each month!

Monty Y.

"Case Management Software for a small law office"

What do you like best?

Without a doubt the best support from a software company I have ever experienced. And it does not stop after commitment and migration. The Smokeball team constantly works to improve its product and continually focuses on the users experience and needs to make those improvements. very impressed by the continued support.

What do you dislike?

I run a predominately personal injury practice. I had to adapt my new client intake to fit Smokeball's matter type and there were some areas from the Smokeball matter that were missing. That said, Smokeball listen's to the customer and will work to incorporate suggestions in newer versions of Smokeball.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look to see if Smokeball's matters will work for the way you practice. If so, and you are looking for a solution that is cloud based that allows for access to your information from anywhere, works seamlessly with Microsoft Office 365 and will work to streamline your practice, seriously consider Smokeball.

Smokeball helps immensely in simplifying processes that occur from one file to another. In doing so, it helps save time for my staff and has us on the road to greater efficiency.

MARK S.

"The Best SOFTWARE Move I Ever Made"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and the support staff is AMAZING! The integration with Outlook is fantastic. I have peace of mind knowing everything is calendared and the reminders will pop up for all my to dos. Being cloud based I can work form anywhere in the World.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything. And If I did they would fix it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to be able to manage your practice from a cloud based system, this is the answer. In my PI practice I rarely need to track time, however, this tool let's me see my profitability and when I do need a billing statement it is so simple.

Keeping cases o moving forward, tracking time and expenses.

David F.

"Making My Law Practice Efficient and Manageable"

What do you like best?

The ease in which I can manage my files ( paperless ), and recover any message or document with a few clicks. I have instant access to ALL of my files, past and present. immediately.

What do you dislike?

Learning parts of the system was most challenging ( e.g templating and workflows )

Recommendations to others considering the product:

iMPLEMENT IT SLOWLY AND METHODICALLY. iT DOES A LOT OF TASKS, SO FEED THEN TO YOU AND YOUR STAFF SLOWLY. IT CAN MAKE YOUR FIRM VERY VERY EFFICIENT.

I now have instant access to files when the telephone rings. I have solved my recurring staffing problems, because now I can run my solo practice on my own.

Catharine R.

"Robust Tool with Excellent Features and Support"

What do you like best?

Smokeball helps us manage our cases from start to finish. The ability to easily tag emails, the use of standard templates and forms and the billing function help us manage our cases easily and effectively. We get excellent support from our Client Success team especially Alyson and Sara on the training team is also awesome. I love the billing reports and find them very useful in working with clients and operations for the firm.

What do you dislike?

There are some unique features we would like but the team always works with us to find a suitable option or puts in a function request for us.

The integrated features for case management are very helpful. We also transitioned to the billing tool in the last 6 months. Our Client Success team was instrumental in making that a smooth transition and the functionality from the reports is great.

Learn more about Smokeball

Smokeball Videos

Learning about Smokeball?

* We monitor all Smokeball reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.9