Slingbox

2.0

Slingbox is a TV streaming media device that encodes local video for transmission over the Internet to a remote device.

Work for Slingbox?

Learning about Slingbox?

Slingbox Reviews

Showing 1 Slingbox review
Slingbox review by Administrator

"Product did not live up to expectations"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the idea of Slingbox as it aims to solve an actual tangible problem, however, my experience with the product did not solve the problem. I was wanting to assist my parents with their cable service to give them a user-friendly product that was not as life-changing as a Roku or Apple TV. The Slingbox seemed like the right product fit for them. It allowed them to keep some of their existing products and comfort, while providing them with more and giving them the opportunity to utilize other devices.

What do you dislike?

The product itself was not easy to set up and it was very confusing for my parents to switch between functions. It ended up requiring an additional antenna and more cords to be able to communicate with their existing system. They found it to be more cumbersome than helpful and ended up cancelling the service.

The intent was to solve the problem of increasing cable costs while providing access to single content and integration with an existing system, however, this benefit was not realized. The idea is there, but the execution and identification of the true customer was not met.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Slingbox

What Video Hosting solution do you use?

Learning about Slingbox?

* We monitor all Slingbox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.