SlideShare Reviews & Product Details

SlideShare Overview

What is SlideShare?

SlideShare is the world's largest community for sharing presentations. With 60 million monthly visitors and 130 million pageviews, it is amongst the most visited 200 websites in the world. Besides presentations, SlideShare also supports documents, PDFs, videos and webinars.

SlideShare Details

LinkedIn
2003
Sunnyvale, CA
@LinkedIn
1,561,384 Twitter followers
19,870 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

LinkedIn connects the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful. With more than 400 million members worldwide, including executives from every Fortune 500 company, LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network on the Internet.

SlideShare Reviews

Showing 27 SlideShare reviews
Already have SlideShare?
UT
What do you like best?

information is presented in terms of slide. This makes understanding topic easy and effective.

Very much useful for giving last minute presentations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

for some topics . PDFs available are broke into slides and are kept as presentations,

thus there is no point in using slides instead would have used PDF itself Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i browse for new things from slide share to get information quickly and effectively.

I refer slide share slides for my presentation needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Science Educator
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I love that so many people have contributed to the making of this website. It is so helpful for quick information to use in my classroom. I, myself, have used this site often enough that it is in my favorites menu! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cannot download as a PowerPoint anymore. It only downloads as PDF now, so you cannot change the slides to fit your needs anymore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you plan on using the site to your advantage, you should contribute to it as well. Don't just use and abuse the site, let others in on your knowledge and expertise as well! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't have to make my own lecture notes, I can utilize someone else's and add or delete the information I don't need. It has really helped to cut down my planning time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

It allows me to easily share the elaborated presentations for my classes with the students, since they can access them from any computer, also any other person that is interested in the subject can consult them. You can also have feedback from those who observe the presentation, as it is possible to comment on them, allowing authors to improve them based on the comments.

As a user, I think it's an excellent content search engine, and here you can get presentations from students and professionals, which gives you a wide spectrum of opinions on a particular topic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The presentations are rigid, they do not support animations, which can be unattractive to certain types of users and make them migrate to other pages looking for the information they need. Another disadvantage is that the information that can be given through the slides has a limited character, it has happened to me that after preparing a presentation I have not been able to hang it. Another flaw that I observed in this program was that when I rejected a file that tried to hang up, it did not indicate why. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend it to anyone who wants to spread their ideas to a large audience, it is a very useful tool to post their presentations on the web, it also allows to interact with the user, as their comments come to your email account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It represents an important support for my classes and conferences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

E-Coach Senior ILC Academy
What do you like best?

I like this tool because moments before giving a lecture, I publish it on slideshare and that link I share it on my social networks so that the attendees of these conferences can access the information that I am explaining on screen, facilitating it in a real time making it reach the whole world.

For my university classes I also use this tool. I simply upload the presentation of the information of the class and from there, my students can have the information at hand from their mobile and even serves them to study once at home.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are very few bad comments I can make about this tool which is wonderful in my opinion. If I had to say something that sometimes happens is the fact that when the presentation is very heavy it takes a long time to load and it may be that once it is done it can not be seen, generating an error so you must start the process again of cargo. The good news that although sometimes you must repeat the process always loads you and there you forget the bad time you were waiting to upload the information.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For me it is the best alternative, when I want to share information in different social networks and for my students to see my classes in a quick and easy way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I save time in handling the information I want to share, both with my students or with the group of people who attend my conferences. It is beneficial to generate a location address that I can share in different media and social networks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer
What do you like best?

SlideShare allows users to upload PowerPoint, OpenDoc, and PDF presentations of up to 300MB. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some features for which you have to pay if you want to use them. There are too many ads also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It Accepts many file types. It also has Large max file size. It is Mobile friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO & Founder
Education Management
What do you like best?

slideshare by linkedin is very easy to use, control the upload and great analytics to show me for each presentation simple data to understand the results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

downloads options could be more complete, also add more links, tags, embed options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

share all our event and training presentations in one place, get awareness and grow our brand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

English Trainer
E-Learning
What do you like best?

It has many options of ppt for single topic. Easy to access and download. We can share our ppt with others. It has huge range of pots. Quality information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Little slow to access and download if internet speed is less. Some slides are extremely big which is not of much use. Sometimes the topic are not completely related to its content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is extremely good for students as wellnas professionals. Anyone can easily access it without getting into complex process of sign up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Supervisor
Public Relations and Communications
What do you like best?

I like that SlideShare provides another outlet for sharing content and allows you to do so with infographics, documents, videos and more. It’s a great way to make your content more visual, which is always more appealing to audiences. I’ve recommended SlideShare to clients as a way to generate additional exposure for content such as press releases, articles and white papers. Since it’s free for individuals to access these materials, it’s a great way to get more people to see the content.

It’s very user friendly and provides flexibility in the types of content you can upload. You can add a pre-designed PDF to SlideShare or you can break up the content from one PDF page into multiple more digestible slides. The possibilities are truly endless.

If you’re going to be using the platform a lot, you can create a customized business page to add even more credibility to your profile. You can track the number of followers you receive and the number of views on each presentation. You can even use SlideShare for lead generation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven’t encountered anything that I dislike about this platform. I do think it’s sometimes a forgotten tool and one that clients aren’t aware of so it might take a little bit more explaining if they don’t see the value in it. But it’s simple to use and another great tool for me and my firm’s clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your content is digestible by not putting too much information on each slide. Follow the same rules you would for a PowerPoint so that people can easily learn from your uploads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Increasing visibility of content. Helping educate. Positioning clients as thought leaders. Generating leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Regional Project Manager
Construction
What do you like best?

It is quick and simple use.

Simply login with your LinkedIn profile, hit upload and enter in the 5-6 fields with a document title, description, category and keywords, and you're good to go. As you type in the information you will see the possible virality that this document will experience.

Documents then can be embedded into external webpages, and are brought up very quickly on Google search. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really got any dislikes for this SaaS. It really is simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Its a good, quick way of uploading documents for quick visibility on Google and other search engines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Slideshare is a great way to not only promote what your business is doing, but it also creates an environment to share creativity and business ideas with a network similar to Linkedin. The interface is simple by making it easy to upload your business's webinar presentations, infographics, whitepapers, PDF documents, etc. You are able to tag videos (like on youtube) so they are easily searched and can potentially grow your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a big fan of them not supporting jpeg images, but it is not a deal-breaker. Otherwise, SlideShare is a great resource for your business to utilize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a great way to promote what your business is doing and your thought leadership as a business as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I used SlideShare for a presentation, in which I had to inform other classmates about it. I had never heard of the product before but it is easy to say I love it! It solves many problems that using powerpoint might have. Instead of having one access to present or share a powerpoint, you are able to access it through an unlimited number of online devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any negatives about SlideShare. One thing I must say from a personal percpective is that I do not see a reason to go out of my way of powerpoint and use SlideShare. I love this product and it might be because i am lazy but I don't see myself using this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend to new users that they should give it a try. It is a product with realisticly no downside and you will continue to use it depending on your own prefrence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized that sharing powerpoints online can solve many problems for students and buisness men and women. It allows you to share a powerpoint to the public so that you can access it yourself from any device including your cell phone or you can share it privatly to a group so anyone can access it. It frees up the oppurtuinity to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Regional Sales Manager
Construction
What do you like best?

Easy setup! I shared my first piece of content in less than 10 minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Seems like the 'help' section doesn't differentiate between the free and paid versions. Other than that, the question was still answered pretty quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great. The product is easy to use and setup. Very helpful that it can easily integrate the social media channels. Found the finished product was still in high quality and resolution. My boss was happy that I found this solution! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to share 2 types of content. I was able to share a PowerPoint and Youtube video in the same file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Assistant
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Ease of use, good SEO benefits and a friendly/easy way to share company content, presentations, infographics, pdfs or other industry news to peers or potential leads. Embedding pieces and plugging in the proper keywords/description etc is helpful for our seo as well as getting folks familiar with seeing our brand name and educational materials. The free version is also great to utilize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet! We do not use it on a daily basis or use it to acquire leads yet, as ours is a very niche industry in finance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a free service to get information out in the world on your brand or your industry topics, this is a great tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I primarily use slideshare to get relevant content out, usually informational slides, PDFs, one-sheets or infographics to folks searching for information on that topic or pertinent questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Operations Manager
What do you like best?

SlideShare is the best solution I have used for sharing slides with other users. Viewing slides right in the browser or downloading them is nice and makes it very easy to view a presentation wherever you are. I also love the integration with LinkedIn which makes it very easy to share presentations with coworkers and colleagues. It is a great solution for sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think SlideShare is great and I haven't seen anything I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend using SlideShare to find or share presentations you're interested in. It is also a great tool for work and sharing presentations with colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
Renewables & Environment
What do you like best?

I have used slideshare mainly for research purposes whilst studying for my masters and I have found it a great help. There is a lot of informative information available and beats reading a book any day. There is lots of valuable information that has been posted by users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Im quite happy with what I use it for and I cant fault the service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I cant comment much on using slideshare from a commercial perspective, however for personal research use it is an excellent tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP, Head of Sales & Customer Success
What do you like best?

I'm sure there are a number of use cases for SlideShare, but the thing I like it for the most, and for which I use it almost exclusively...is the ability to share presentations on my LinkedIn profile, embedding it there via a link from the SlideShare host. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see some version of the stats I see from the SlideShare website visible to me as well from within LinkedIn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great way to share important presentation decks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Architect
What do you like best?

It provides an easy-to-use service for sharing slides that easily plays in any browser and can be downloaded in original format. Easily embeds into a web page and contains a whole library of presentations! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely sign up for a free account and give it a try! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Sales Representative - Service Management
What do you like best?

combines the idea of youtube and presentations, simplified approach to searching for the presentation you need. Supports major formats such as powerpoint and open office. Ability to collect sales leads through the shared community. Adopted the widely used login process of linking with facebook and/or linkedin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

pricing plans are rather high. The free plan is very limited in functionality requiring a subscription to even begin to use slideshare (few free features). Lacks official tablet support, just web-based page which lags! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Theres a wide array of presentations available, so its perhaps worthwhile sharing (if your looking to share) your presentations. Ideally should be used in conjunction with Prezi or Sliderocket (who can create and share) and to use Slideshare to hit the wider community. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I joined SlideShare to initially add some company marketing material to my LinkedIn page, it was a quick sign up process and was very easy to upload my presentation. I like the fact that you can embed your presentations onto other websites simply by copying the code on your upload presentation page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a go, it allows you to upload and share a variety of content, including PowerPoint and Keynote presentations, Word documents, PDFs, and videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

if you have created a large powerpoint presentation often its a FTP or multizips to get it to a client.

With Slideshare, if its less than 100mb you can upload and they can easily view. Great idea Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No real tracking of who is viewing your slides. Cannot lock down to only share to one person Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for sharing slides that you don't mind anyone seeing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President Of Marketing And Business Development
What do you like best?

The best thing about SlideShare is honestly just the SEO benefits of having an account and posting some the old PowerPoints you've created. These presentations will show up fairly high in organic search engine results and can be a very effective traffic referrer for your website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The advertisments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try SlideRocket instead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director - Talent Management
Paper & Forest Products
What do you like best?

Generally easy to access and search plus a great source of information and tools for future program development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Last fews times I tried to use it it didn't load properly so I wasn't able to access content appropriately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Could be a great tool or repository but not sure its the best option out there depending on what you are sourcing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

The pros for using slideshare far outweigh the cons. By submitting PPT presentations, sales decks and reports you get the immediate benefit of indexing all your content to search engines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. One may argue that the free account should have more functionality but the Pro account is affordable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SlideShare should be right up there on your list next to YouTube/Facebook and other social SEO initiatives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner
Venture Capital & Private Equity
What do you like best?

I signed up for slideshare and it is super-easy to upload a presentation or pdf file (up to 100mb) or video by clicking the simple 'upload' button. Instead of looking at popular videos on youtube, I've been browsing 'content' and learning via the slideshare community. The quality and content is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing -- it really is like the 'youtube' of slides! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

LinkedIn has acquired slideshare -- an interesting tidbit. If you're interested in marketing your content or sharing privately, you might want to consider slideshare PRO. Otherwise, for just sharing general content publicly, this is a great community to try out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Regional VP, Enterprise Solutions - Sales | SaaS | Event Marketing | Trade Shows | Conferences
What do you like best?

Great content sharing platform that is integrated to LinkedIn. Easy to use and follow other providers of content. Can also receive notifications when people you follow add content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Used to be able to add Slideshare videos to YouTube with the free version. Now, you need to upgrade to the premium paid version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great content sharing tool. Free version is good enough for most but more features available with the paid version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for SlideShare?

SlideShare Categories on G2