4.5 out of 5

Slack review by Kara W.
Communications Coordinator
Libraries

"I'm a Slack CONVERT!"

What do you like best?

My favorite is likely all of the integration possibilities and the AI Bots. I set recurring reminders with Slack Bot frequently, so now I no longer have to send annoying emails out to the company about recording time, or cleaning the coffee pot when they are finished washing up. SlackBot does all my dirty work for me and he never forgets.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of customization available, meaning the colors and the look and feel, so to speak. It would be nice to be able to personally brand the slack chat for our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend sending out a poll/email to your employees and getting their feedback. We experienced a little push back with employees not understanding why we were changing, so be sure to communicate those reasons for the change and how they benefit the company and the employee.

I love that Slack has replaced so many needless emails between my coworkers and employees.

What is Slack?

Slack is your single workspace that connects you with the people and tools you work with everyday, no matter where you are or what you do. With Slack you get real-time messaging through calls and chat, a searchable record of all your files and conversations, and integrations with a growing number of handy bots and apps. Now everyone can finally be on the same page and get their work done. Slack: It’s where work happens.

Slack Screenshots

Slack Reviews

1-50 of 15911 total Slack reviews
Slack review by Ferdy A.
Programmer

"Easy to use, Productive, Powerful"

What do you like best?

I like slack because this app is very easy to use. It looks like common chatting apps with various productive features. It even can do integration (invite) another app such as trello, google drive, etc. So, it will make easier to assign a task by using trello commands and also we can use several command regarding the app that integrated to slack. On slack, we can also share documents with each other. On slack, we can make channels, so we can separate the topic and member on each channel. Slack has activity bar that works when someone mentions us by name or uses one of our highlight words.

What do you dislike?

So far I cannot find something that makes me dislike this app, because I can still enjoy using this app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to use, it has a various feature that can make our work easier

Easy to manage the project with many people

Slack review by Jonathan M.
I.T. Administrator

"Slack is robust with features, but lacking in interface design"

What do you like best?

Slack allows incredible flexibility in creating rooms, chatting with individuals, allowing comment chains and replies, and allowing administrators to prune unrelated or unneeded comments to keep things organized.

What do you dislike?

Slack is woefully inadequate in terms of interface design and ease of use. Unlike some other chat interfaces, there's no way to force Slack to "stay on top" of other windows in a discreet manner - it would be lovely if it could place a small bar on the bottom of the screen that lights up whenever there's a new message, and just pop up a small representation of that specific conversation when you click on it. Another failing is just how hard it is to navigate. Chat rooms and individual conversations are all just shoved in a side bar unceremoniously and leaves the user to try to navigate it on their own without any apparent way to prioritize or reorganize anything. The notifications are also very lacking, at least for the computer app - if you aren't at your computer when the desktop notification pings off, you can miss a message entirely as there's no repeated alerts or obvious visual cues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great and robust, but you need to actively look at it to keep up with any urgent messages.

Slack has allowed us to communicate effectively and efficiently across multiple teams and locations.

Slack review by Chauncey R.
Senior Customer Success Representative

"Slack is organized and effective"

What do you like best?

The way my company has specific topics broken down into channels makes communication quick and effective, while staying very organized. They make it fun too! There are ample integrations with GIFs and emojis which bring an element of fun to the work place. The ability to ask a question to a large group of people and get a quick response is what really makes this tool integral in my everyday work.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the All Unreads feature because I feel like it is underutilized. This should be more of a hub where you can designate specific channels as more important than others. I wish there were more integrations that we took advantage of, for example with Salesforce lightning. If there was a way to pull customer data into Slack to communicate basic information on customers that would be great. I believe this was a function that we took advantage of with the old Salesforce we used to have but I am not for certain if this capability exists for lightning.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stay concise with your channels and keep it fun with emojis and GIFs

Communication inside of our department. The benefit of communicating quickly and effectively is invaluable.

Slack review by Melissa C.
Customer Service Assistant
(10,001+ employees)

"Very Useful Communication App"

What do you like best?

Wonderful love slack, it's wonderful and easy to deploy. It really shines for distributed remote teams or where your company has multiple office locations worldwide. I would say its an essential platform for any startup or eCommerce support team.

What do you dislike?

Overall it’s just another distraction that outweighs the benefits. The ability to pick up the phone for a quick answer is gone and in some groups, you end up with threads (you can ignore) of recipes, sent to everyone now instead of just a few people.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Trying to reduce overall email internally and increase team communication. Our email inbox is already overflowing, keeping the small requests out can help us focus on our work. Being able to send a direct group message and keep certain groups connected with info can be beneficial.

Slack is a great tool for streamlining office communications and keeping projects and teams organized. It offers the ability to create separate channels for various needs so you can keep things relevant and team members can choose what information they consume to maximize efficiency and productivity. It offers teams the ability to share files and information in a centralized location, keeping everyone up to date and on the same page.

Slack review by Charlie M.
Software Engineer

"I use Slack daily to communicate with my team."

What do you like best?

Slack provides multiple channels for different conversations. I can easily see which of my coworkers are online. File sharing is super simple with the push of a button. I can also easily share code with my team. The mobile app is exactly the same and easy to use as well. Users can create their own emoji's and edit their screen names and profile pictures. The app is constantly updated and these updates include new, helpful features. I cannot recommend Slack enough for companies big and small. No other product offers what Slack does.

What do you dislike?

I wish slack would keep older messages for longer on the free version of Slack. Only the paid tier keeps older messages. There is not much to dislike about Slack to be honest. My only gripe is I am not the biggest fan of the way you sign in with your workspace. But even that is not too bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Slack has a simple UI, is free (there is a paid version which saves more of your messages), and has a great mobile app. There is no better way for your team and company to communicate with each other on a daily basis.

My team can communicate while working remote with ease, including video conferencing. Our team channel has a video and audio conferencing button that quickly connects us so we can have our daily tag ups. The benefits are instant communication across the company.

Slack review by Ajay C.
CEO

"Best Communication tool and managing my employees"

What do you like best?

I like this software, we are using this from last 3 years and never thought about other communication tool instead of this. The simplicity, easy to use and best of best to use. We are using paid version of slack as per users and managing our stuff over here. Either we have to save the files or to make something special note. Slack is all about. I can even add my clients too to communication with me team.

Overall, go for it!!

What do you dislike?

Most probably there is not any thing great which I dislike about this. They do have free plans but instead of removing old messages, I guess they should ask us which thing to delete. When we were having free plans then they deleted some files which were important for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for this. This is one of best tool for communicating and the way to handle the channels and your team members. Even you can join other open public slack as well. They are good to resolve the issue of each, like community that we can join.

We are communicating internally with my team, we are using slack from last 3 years. This is one of best product that I have ever used. We resolved the issue of communication which we were lacking before using this.

Slack review by Katiusca M.
rrhh analyst

"excellent instant messaging to work "

What do you like best?

It is a good working tool to maintain communication in companies when working on a computer and can also be used in any daily environment, communication can be done in groups or by private, other applications can be installed, search conversations history and send documents.

you can create everything you want whether it's public or private

What do you dislike?

the functions are a bit simple, and it would be very helpful to have an area where you can differentiate the public and private notes that are handled with the different companies within each conversation ... you can also lose information as time passes. online is growing and to find it is tedious if you kept the information

resolves to be able to communicate at the moment that is doing some activity and it is necessary to assign them or also to keep in contact with the companions in case of some uncertainty that can happen

Slack review by samwel k.
Senior System Administrator

"It is a simple and intuitive platform."

What do you like best?

it's desktop application is very good as it provides many notifications in the right time.

slack allows you to send messages instantly.

slack divides communication into channels which van either be public or private where messages not going into the wrong hands.

slack has individual chat option which is best as you do not have to disturb a whole group when passing information to one person.

What do you dislike?

its interface is a bit confusing to the new users.

new users find it a bit difficult to start a new conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

yes I would recommend slack as it is a great tool for interaction with individual or group of people so easily.

Has a Gif's generator which makes a conversation more fun and interesting.

mobile application feature allows you to access slack with your phone from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection with you.

slack has enhanced more communication as you can upload photos and screenshots with just a click of a button.

slack allows the entire team in a group at once allowing more interaction and more learning.

one can update statuses each time they feel like.

Slack review by Sandeep B.
DevOps Specialist

"Slack - the best communication tool for teams"

What do you like best?

Slack is very user friendly, integrates with other tools and apps seamlessly, has easy to use features/apps like webhooks and slash commands and is very customisation. They have very good documentation for folks who want to get creative for example with well formatted messages, etc,.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike, but, I have heard concerns from my peers about possible data mining done for suggestions based on users' usage. This is not a big concern as long as it is done by an AI bot and not being shared with 3rd parties.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to start direct message with one or more member in the team/office and that can be converted to a channel, easy to manage channels. I always have Slack open on my monitor. It is an essential tool that helps me work and organise better

Slack helps with team collaboration, data sharing between the teams and also helps with monitoring of apps or endpoints using webhooks.

Slack review by Emilio C.
Software Programmer

"Slack, a tool for business communication"

What do you like best?

Personally I use Slack as a user and programmer, I think Slack is a very useful tool in the field of programming, especially if you work with other people as is my case, I currently work with a team of programmers (12) and we have a Slack channel where we communicate. Our Slack belongs to the company and it has several channels, normally one for each department.

What I like most about Slack is that in the group we can share not only ideas but also information of all kinds that helped us to develop our work and improve it. This information can be sent in any format (PDF, Images, Videos, Audios ...).

Another aspect of Slack that seems very well implemented and that is essential if we have a Slack something big as in our case, is the possibility of establishing group roles and permissions to each user, in this way we can make the users of the department of sales for example can not access the programming channel.

What do you dislike?

A problem of Slack and many applications that allow users to mention using (@user) is that if we are in a very massive Slack where messages are sent constantly it is almost impossible to read the messages that are higher because the application tends to update the screen and show the last message

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you plan to use Slack as a tool for audio or video I recommend that you buy a good microphone since sometimes users are annoyed by the "audio quality" when the problems really come from the hardware and not from the application. On the other hand I also want to recommend that you use if you can use Slack's desktop application since it is much better in my opinion.

One of the problems Slack best manages is that of communication between members of the same team and the same company, improving communication is achieved to increase efficiency at work so Slack is an essential tool because it can make our company improve your performance.

Slack review by Abhimanyu K.
Student
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Slack Review"

What do you like best?

What I like about Slack the best is that it allows a proper communcaition among the business. It is alos convient and has a start up vibe versus its competitiors, where its UI is pretty atrocious. It also allows indiviation and group communication and is scaled properly because of that.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the pricing as it is pretty expensive and the fact that it does not have strong support like its competitors. If it did, then it would be a great product that would change everything. It also is not good for the fact that you need the server name as well to log in, and it makes it confusing to know the appropriate links, whereas it would be easier if it did not require that. I believe it might be secure but it is extremely inconvenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to know the full features as they are very useful. Weirdly, they don't mention that much about their good features and expect to figure out your own, which is really unfortunate. However, if you do know it and the whole company knows it, then it could be really successful as it makes it much easier to use. There are other companies trying to use the idea as well, which shows how good it is.

I am not solving many problems aside form communication. This is a huge problem because a slow communication can impede growth in a company, and no one would like that as it would hurt the company's revenue.

Slack review by Soumya N.
Project Manager

"Embracing Slack"

What do you like best?

As a project manager I need to be able to communicate with my project teams in an effective and efficient manner. This software enables me to get the updates that are needed and address issues in a timely manner. With its screen share capability and creating groups I can section off a team and carry a side bar conversation without negatively affecting the rest of the team with added email/messages.

What do you dislike?

At this moment we have not found anything that we dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is very easy to use and your employees will be able to embrace is effortlessly. You will be surprised how quickly employees will drop other forms of communications (email) and use this software.

Accessibility has and will always be an issue for a resource. Everyone wants to help but may not have the bandwidth to do it. With the messaging capability, a resource can be utilized to address a questions without disturbing their current workflow. Employees are more likely to answer a Slack message via mobile or computer than they are via email.

Slack review by Susan S.
Susan Smith

"Improve communication and productivity of your team with Slack. "

What do you like best?

Slack is a real-time messaging tool that facilitates the management of work groups, saving time and centralizing communication, and above all triumphs at the business level, although it is recommended for all types of communities. Slack allows you to create workgroups between an unlimited number of members, hold private conversations, establish public and private channels or share files. That means that it can be useful, for example, for an autonomous designer who is developing a project for a company, or as in my case for a group of writers working for the same publisher or website. Slack is free (although it includes paid versions with more features), it is very intuitive and configurable and, in particular, it is integrated with other commonly used tools, such as Dropbox, Twitter, Google Drive, Trello or IFTTT. Slack also allows us to configure notifications to our liking: we can receive alerts from all of them, from private ones, from only those that mention us or from those that contain a specific word, that personalization also affects its appearance, since Slack puts our layout a series of themes to configure from the wallpaper to the sidebar. Includes emojis, allows searches (with filters) within channels and shows "previous" links or messages attached. Oh, and a very important detail: it has a mobile version (also free) so you can follow the group's news without having to be in front of the computer. In general I think Slack is the best application to keep your work organized and improve collaboration between work teams.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not found anything that I do not like about Slack, it just works and does it very well, the organization and communication in my work team has improved significantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need any application to improve communication on your computer, Slack is the best option, it is also intuitive, its platform is attractive and is FREE.

We have not been able to get a better tool to manage communication in our team, Slack makes it very easy to stay in touch, before it was a bit difficult for all team members to communicate, now that is no longer a problem, plus I must add that productivity at work has improved a lot.

Slack review by Sonia L.
Director responsible for team

"Share team with slack... "

What do you like best?

I love it, with slack I can collaborate with all the work team in my charge, centralize messages and files so that everyone who is in the channel will receive the same information and be aware of the progress of the project. Good communication is essential to carry out effective work and with this powerful messaging tool we have improved. We can ask, share images, videos, chats, audios, etc.

I can make use of other applications compatible with slack like dropbox, github, etc...

The best that is based on the cloud and there is no download other apps to start using.

What do you dislike?

The video call option does not work well for me, there are times when in important meetings the video is paused and I lose important details in the conversion with the whole team, I think they should improve that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the most out of this software. It is very easy, it gives you many advantages when working with your team, you integrate other applications. The best to improve the performance and communication in the company. It allows you to configure it to your liking and you can add many people to your groups and channels.

I recommend too this wonderful work tool.

Try it and you will love it...

1- It is versatile when it allows integrating other software.

2- It is in the cloud

3- It is free

4- More simple than using mail

5- Instantaneous information

6- Organization

7- Team work

8- Achieves labor productivity

Slack review by Rachel  M.
Account Executive

"No slackin' with Slack!"

What do you like best?

Super easy to communicate with colleagues, collaborate, or share files! I also love that it integrates with other tools we use so you can get notifications when something is happening in Workable or email. You can call, screen share, it does everything! I also LOVE their mobile app. It works great and let's me stay connected wherever I am.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything that I dislike about Slack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product! I can't imagine using anything else. I've used Slack at the last two companies I've worked for.

Easy collaboration! We have 5 different offices across the globe and Slack makes it super easy to stay in touch in real time. Channels (basically group chats) are the best feature in the slack - it's easy to keep up with what's going on with a specific topic or team. I also love that it is searchable .- so if a team member shared something useful I can go back and find it.

Slack review by Lauren H.
Marketing Communications Specialist

"Easy, Fun, and Intuitive"

What do you like best?

I love that you can talk directly but also have the options to make public "channels" or private groups based on teams or even interests. It makes it really easy to communicate with the right people and prevent any loss of communication. We are constantly creating channels and groups to help keep things separate and in tune with the right people. I also love the ability to create custom responses and "reactions".

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything I really dislike. Both the phone and desktop app work great. I wish I could think about some features that would help, but out of all communication apps I have used (GChat, WhatsApp, etc) this is the easiest and most flexible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a great way for a company to communicate one on one but also for announcements, mutual interests, and teams.

Cross-team communication. There are many benefits, but a few of my fave are the constant "tips", ability to setup reminders, how many software systems can be integrated, and the ease of use.

Slack review by Christopher L.
Senior Software Engineer

"Slack Review"

What do you like best?

Slack centralizes multiple workplaces, has shared channels across workplaces, and supports sharing anything you might have in all the ways you want. Having such a centralized location for all communication and information share throughout a teams expedites team organization and collaboration.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how DirectMessage groups are some what untenable at larger volumes, especially when these groups contain similar members. They all look the same due to the truncated direct message names. This is a hard problem to solve within the current UI structure. Thankfully, the Ctrl+K allows you to type in some names of members and it'll come up with direct message groups that contain those people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in 3rd party integrations and make use of Starred channels. Try not to create too many channels, and use threads off specific messages to keep messages organized in a multi-threaded conversation channel.

Communication throughout the team, especially for remote members. A great benefit I've realized is having the ability to use channels for specific integrations as a way to receive notifications across other applications as well, further centralizing information I need. It's also a great place to keep and search for uploaded files.

Slack review by Mike H.
Account Manager

"The Perfect App for Team Collaboration"

What do you like best?

The basic functionality of Slack is great but I love that I can integrate it with the rest of my software stack so messages/alerts are posted within specific channels notifying me of events happening elsewhere. I also like the "Shared Channels" functionality that allows multiple companies to connect their Slack accounts for efficient communication.

What do you dislike?

There's not a whole lot to complain about. It's sometimes annoying that gifs don't expand and show the image if it's over a certain size. I also wish it allowed for sharing larger file sizes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think outside the box. A lot of companies use Slack in a much more limited way than it is capable. Dream up something you wish it did and chances are it already does.

Slack solves the key problem of having one app that manages both DMs and group messaging effectively. As a company, we sometimes collaborate within custom groups and other times in topic-based channels. Slack helps us accomplish this.

Slack review by Lauren M.
Social Media Manager

"Slack is the Best Office Chat "

What do you like best?

Slack is great for chatting when you work at a larger office and need to have a direct line of connection to everyone while also being able to have channels outside of your office.

What do you dislike?

The free version doesn't save your conversations going back very far at all, so you should spring for the paid version. That way you have access to all of your conversations to go back and look at for reference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using this as your sole communication throughout your office, make sure there are channels for specific departments and make them private so they are only available to those that are invited. This makes it easier for everyone and you don't clog up the #general chat.

Many of our employees work remotely or internationally, so slack is a great tool to be able to communicate with everyone as well as groups that are location specific for the different offices.

Slack review by Sabrinna Lynn M.
Associate
Law Practice
(10,001+ employees)

"Great collaboration software "

What do you like best?

I've used slack for campaigns and for a group of sales people. It's great for collaboration. you can add documents and everyone has access to them. You can download them or save them to a cloud service like Google Drive with a click of one button. You can tag people so that the message is directed at them. The direct message option is nice because you can talk to someone one on one. You can set up a password or where someone can only join with a link. Very great service for any collaboration project or group need.

What do you dislike?

If you have a large group of people, for instance, I worked on a national campaign so we had hundreds of thousands of people. Even if someone tags you, it gets lost when a lot of people are talking. It's hard to keep up with if you have a lot of people messaging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a password

For instance, in sales, you can have the group goals, and then direct message single person goals. Campaigning you can make sure that your leaders are doing what's necessary with the direct message.

Slack review by George B.
I am working as programmer and support

"Fantastisches Kommunikations-Tool für Unternehmen"

What do you like best?

Ich mochte, weil die Anwendung technisch sehr einfach zu bedienen ist, wenn Sie Ihren gesamten Speicherplatz gut organisiert haben. Außerdem war es für mich sehr nützlich, Dateien zwischen den Chats auszutauschen und externe Plugins zu installieren, die Slack um neue Funktionen erweitern. Ein weiterer nützlicher Aspekt von Slack ist die Möglichkeit, Ihren Arbeitsbereich gemäß Ihren Anforderungen zu konfigurieren Dies erfolgt über die verschiedenen Menüs der Anwendung.

Und schließlich ist für mich das Beste an Slack die Fähigkeit, verschiedene Tools in eine einzige App zu integrieren, was unsere Kommunikation zwischen den verschiedenen Parteien viel einfacher und schneller macht. Ich persönlich denke, es ist ein Tool, auf das sich alles konzentriert Geschäft kann man aber auch individuell nutzen.

What do you dislike?

Das einzige, was mir an dieser Anwendung nicht gefallen hat, sind die Farben, aus denen sich die Anwendung zusammensetzt. Ich dachte, es wäre eine schlechte Wahl, und persönlich scheint es nicht sehr nett zu sein. Zum Glück ist es möglich, sie durch externe Tools zu ändern, um sie anzupassen nach dem Geschmack des Benutzers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dieses Tool ist sehr nützlich für Geschäftsaktivitäten, Unternehmen und Arbeitsgruppen, da Sie über Chat, Audio oder Video direkt mit Ihren Kontakten in Kontakt stehen können. Darüber hinaus ist der Preis für alles, was es bietet, sehr wettbewerbsfähig.

Slack ist ein Tool, das verschiedene Kommunikationsfunktionen ausführt, die bis jetzt über 2 und sogar 3 verschiedene Anwendungen (Videokonferenz, Chat und E-Mail) ausgeführt werden mussten. Da ich Slack benutze, benötige ich keine zusätzlichen Tools, da dies mir eine vollständige Kommunikation mit meinem Team und den Leuten ermöglicht, für die ich Projekte mache.

Slack review by Andrew M.
Andrew M

"Great way to Communicate with your Team"

What do you like best?

Slack allows me to keep in touch with my internal team as well as reach out to customers in their own domain or our public one. Its like having all your friends in one place. It super simple to use and is probably used more than email to get something done at our office.

What do you dislike?

Search! Please please please can we have a way to search better. There are times when I know that there was a previous slack that I can't find because I cant remember the exact thing to search for and I spend too much time trying to hunt and peck through messages. Also a history of what channels I have been in would be awesome too. Sometimes I am reading something then click off it and forget what channel I was on and cant find my way back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great. Needs some better searching but great.

We use slack for most of our internal communication. It just seems faster and easier than email.

Slack review by Raulmar D.
The ideal communication of Fundo La Gonzalera is done via Skype

"Make the best team decisions with the Slack tool. "

What do you like best?

What I like the most is that it allows me to shorten the distance between the people who make decisions and the work is accomplished and the desired objective is achieved Slack I can keep the information of the organization in one place and access it whenever I need it. All the staff can consult the conversations, so that it can be documented in relation to an event to be solved or carried out in it.

What do you dislike?

The design of the tool should be more striking, because at first glance, it is very simple, which makes the user can or can not use it. Note that the tool is very similar to whatsapp, which I think should be differentiated from it, so that different users prefer slack and not whatsapp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it for being a team communication tool since it shares channels with the work team, we can make voice or video calls directly from slack, which makes it very practical and easy to use. It is very easy, simple and economical to use, the information can be accessed very easily, I would not stop using it with my computer. We are very satisfied with the tool. The tool offers security since it protects the data through the login, that is, those who wish to access the information, must log in, otherwise, they will not be able to access it.

Slack has helped me in communication since I share channels with the team that I usually work, we can make voice or video calls directly from slack, which makes it very practical and easy to use.

Slack review by Shamin A.
Programmer

" Fluent and Fast"

What do you like best?

Can create different channels and have separate chats with separate groups!

The preview of any uploaded file is a great plus. It saves time and boosts efficiency.

What do you dislike?

The fact that Slack restricts us to a boundary for free usage :(

The costing is huge for what Slack offers. Specially, for a small and educational institution like ours can't really bear the charge of Slack's full time membership for each people in the team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your communication is not too frequent, then go for it. Else, if you have to communicate in massive level, you can look for other solutions like RocketChat. It doesn't have any messaging restrictions until the team is of 1000 people. It's free up to 1000 member team.

Communicate with the team and share thoughts about latest development.

Developing an ERP system needs a great amount of communication. Slack is the first chat software we went for because it offered a many features and facilities. Later on when we came to know that it's not fully free, we looked into the pricing and it disappointed us. I think there should be an EDUCATION program which will let institutions like ours get the benefit of Slack in development phases.

Slack review by Victor D.
Donor Relations Director

"Great tool for internal and external communication"

What do you like best?

Its ability to created Channels (groups) with users within your organization as well as individuals outside of your organization (by invite only) makes it for a great tool for success. the integration with google drive has been a huge part of Slack's successful addition to our organization. The customization of notification, statuses and communication levels is extremely useful and relevant to our business processes.

What do you dislike?

One of the hardest things to deal with on slack is its lack of a dark/night mode. The white background is just not ideal at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your team on board with the switch in communication style. Especially if your institution is heavily email-centered. Training your teams to understand what kind of communication goes on email vs. what goes on slack will definitely facilitate the transition.

Communication with contractors, marketing companies and offsite employees has definitely improved and project discussions have been centralized. The benefit of not having to utilize emails internally has definitely improved time management.

Slack review by Minh P.
Research Assistant
Research

"Great tool to communicate with team members in real time"

What do you like best?

Slack is an instant messaging application that is designed for workplaces. The best thing about slack is that it's free, which is amazing considering the amount of features it offers. It works on the most popular Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and on phones (Android and iOS). You can create teams for free and have multiple teams for a single user account.

The User Interface is very appealing. Slack provides Markdown-style message displays, which gives programmers and Git users a lot of convenience to discuss their work. There's also all sort of emoticons and memes.

Slack also permits a lot of third-party integrations such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Twitter, Zoom.

Technical support from Slack team is also sufficiently fast.

File sharing is also very fast and easy with drag and drop.

What do you dislike?

Video-calling is the only feature that I could not find in Slack. If there is a spammer (which rarely happens at a workplace), I don't think there is a report or block button . Other than that, I have nothing to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a communication app at your workplace, Slack is probably the best option out there. It is free to try so why don't you try it?

I have used Slack for a long time to manage communications with teams at different workplaces. It offers everything that we need, other than video calling and conference calling. If the Slack team can add video calling and conference calling, I would probably never need any other communication app.

Slack review by Ronald  C.
Client Services Manager

"Much better than chat tools I've used before"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how seamlessly it syncs with Google and I love the giphy function. It really helps me to truly explain how I feel in both word and visual.

What do you dislike?

This might be an issue about my co workers, but I'm a part of several slack channels so it can be difficult to keep all of the slack channels in order. It can be hard to tell if there is a slack channel that exists that I want to join, but not sure if it's present

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend it. It seems like Slack has done a good job of branding itself and it's also simple to turn the word Slack into a verb of its own ie "slack me"

We are improving our internal team communication from both the individual level as well as team to team. It's helpful to be able to not only link docs or sites since a preview shows up. We are able to quickly share docs especially via Google which is how we often share things.

Slack review by Reilly C.
Graphic Designer

"Slack: A great solution for workplace communicaiton"

What do you like best?

I had never heard of slack until I started at my current company and since then I have grown to love it. Initially, I was skeptical because I was told something along the lines of "we don't email much around here, pretty much everything is done in slack". After using slack for a little while I have grown to love it because of how easy it makes workplace communication. My favorite feature is probably the fact that you can seamlessly upload files like you would attachments in emails and you can go back anytime to preview/download them with ease.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite thing about slack is the fact that it is easy to get lost in all the channels that are created over time, especially in a company that is a little bit bigger. Luckily Slack has integrated a pretty effective search feature with filters to help you find what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not super familiar with many other platforms that provide similar features, but Slack is easily one of the most user-friendly and effective solutions out there.

Slack makes our company as a whole much more efficient overall because it is so much easier to use than trying to keep up with a thousand emails a day. Slack also ads to the company culture because on top of being able to talk shop using slack, we also use it for all of the communication about office events. Overall 10 out of 10 would recommend.

Slack review by Scott C.
Webmaster

"Great Features If You Pay"

What do you like best?

Slack is an amazing communications medium. They have a great method of allowing you to communicate with your teams and organizing those chats. They also have a lot of integrations that can be used with the platform, which is another one of its benefits. It definitely has a lot of use for businesses and teams that need to communicate on a regular basis.

Another thing that we liked a lot about the platform was how well it integrated with other services. We have a lot of services that provide us information on our day to day operations and being able to see that data within our chat software was really great. I think that other chat platforms can definitely take points from Slack on this.

What do you dislike?

One of the biggest problems that we had was the limit of messages you could have. We are a smaller team that needed a communications tool and we chose Slack originally. However, we went past the limit of messages that were allowed and then some started getting deleted. This was not good for us at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You definitely can go with the software and I think it's a good choice. However, do know that you will eventually have to pay for it at a very high cost if you want to maintain all of your data.

Communications on our team were essential to our development process. We were able to more effectively communicate and use the product.

Slack review by Kirsti A.
Campaign and BD Manager

"Outstanding collaboration"

What do you like best?

If internal comms has become a struggle for your business, or you've been on the receiving end of a dreaded masse reply-all email chain, Slack is the solution. The tool enables you to not only set up specific channels for different types of comms, but private messages too - making collaborating with others far more efficient and quicker than an email.

What do you dislike?

Very little, however building in a GIF button would be a great addition.

The biggest benefit has been the ease, and speed at which we're now collaborating with each other. Our internal comms have been streamlined, ensuring that we're not all bombarded with emails simply because we're in the same department through specific channels. The search feature has also been invaluable, making it easier to find conversations from as far back as a year ago, which I find difficult with my email provider unless I use very specific terms.

Slack review by samir l.
it specialist

"Slack est le meilleur logiciel de chat en équipe que j'ai jamais vu."

What do you like best?

L’un des éléments qui me plait le plus, c’est la qualité que Slack offre à l’État américain, c’est la qualité d’une plate-forme efficace, directe et conviviale pour que mon travail est en meilleure santé. La face opposée que j’apprécie tout d’abord, c’est que c’est une ligne directe qui offre à l’État américain la liberté de figurer n’importe où. Quelques semaines plus tard, j’ai quitté la ville et j’ai réussi à assister en temps réel à de nombreux clients de la grande entreprise. ce travail. De plus, en raison de sa compatibilité étendue, j'ai réussi à l'utiliser dans de nombreux systèmes d'exploitation. C'est pourquoi il est agréable de ne pas avoir à s'inquiéter de la raison pour laquelle j'ai créé cette plate-forme de communication professionnelle préférée.

What do you dislike?

J'ai totalement passé en revue tous les aspects de cette belle plate-forme, et jusqu'ici je n'ai trouvé aucun aspect négatif sur lequel se concentrer, je dirai sans risque qu'au cours de ces années de mauvais traitement de ses services, j'ai uniquement vu des améliorations, donc je sais à l'avenir, ce sera plus élevé quand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Une demande de diplôme en tant qu'associé est absolument judicieuse pour agir et traiter avec des personnes en particulier sur une base projet. Vous avez la possibilité de pouvoir attribuer des tâches à des personnes même au cours d'une équipe. Slack est simple à utiliser et assez intuitif pour les membres de l’équipe, quelles que soient ses capacités techniques.

Dans l’ensemble, le relâchement est que le meilleur choix pour les groupes de toutes tailles et même simplement que certains des avantages l'emportent sur les inconvénients. C’est également l’application de chat la plus amusante, et elle a été conçue pour le long terme, quel que soit le lieu où les entreprises se dirigent, et donc la génération à la mode.

Slack review by Kristian S.
Communications and Public Relations Coordinator
Public Relations and Communications

"Excellent for productivity, execution, and effectiveness in a staff team environment."

What do you like best?

What I find most helpful about slack is it's easy to use/learn interface. It incorporates a theme that reminds me a bit of coding. As you grow to understand more about how the program works it really becomes a more intuitive way to communicate with your teammates from working on projects to sharing interesting articles with the team. I learned early on how to code a survey into the chat and it served to be a well-liked tool not only for me, but also for my teammates.

What do you dislike?

I find that it did take a little adjusting in the beginning stages of learning the program. They have done an excellent job of explaining clearly on how to use the program, but sometimes you just need to get into the groove of using the program before you feel most comfortable with it. Also, figuring out how to get the notifications to work best on mobile devices has proven to be the most frustrating amongst our teammates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! I have considered suggesting it to my other place of employment.

I have been able to use Slack to collaborate on a variety of projects with my teammates when our subcommittees are all operating on the same schedule executing the same goal but all working on more specific and specialized details. I have realized that Slack is a better form of communicating with the team than traditional email.

Slack review by Emily M.
Operations Manager

"Totally revolutionized team communication!"

What do you like best?

As a property management company, we have found it exceedingly useful in having a channel for each of our properties, and being able to reference internal communications and notes about each property within the channel. Before Slack, we used email & text- which made tracking down status reports of various items on a property difficult, especially if the main field staff tech in charge of that property was out on vacation. Using Slack, we all can have the background knowledge necessary to do our jobs well without having to be copied on every single email that is sent out (then trying to remember the subject line or sender when trying to reference the email, etc. etc.). We also use the free version of Slack, and have been for about 6 months now, and it works for our needs well!

What do you dislike?

There isn't much *not* to like on Slack. We are pretty happy with it. If anything, I wish there was an easier way to send GIFs (instead of having to click through random ones using a search phrase until you find the right one). But, the way they do it makes sense with their goal of streamlining communication to make everything accessible, and I think they've achieved that goal.

Like I said, Slack has significantly helped company communication. Our team manages 40+ vacation rentals, and 6 out of the 8 people on staff don't work from the office- they either work remotely or out in the field. Slack helps streamline everyone's communication (& protect our personal time away from work too so we don't have to be getting texts when we don't have to!)

Slack review by Michelle B.
Director of Marketing
Internet

"The Easiest Way to Communicate with Remote Teams"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can separate channel topics and send direct messages. I am a remote employee and the vast majority of our communication occurs on Slack with email generally reserved for external communications. While the channels are helpful, I am a regular user of the snooze feature. That allows me to dismiss the notification but revisit it when I need to. It also allows me to keep a running to-do list at 9 am each morning (when my Slackbot reminds me what needs to be done).

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to send a Slack message at a later time/date. For instance, I do a lot of work in the evenings and, because Slack is our main communication method, may need to drop notifications on Slack channels or DM's but I really don't want them to feel like they need to review the notification in their off-hours. Not everyone uses the snooze feature either so its inevitable that I either park messages for the following day or let the receiver receive it in their off-hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a communications resource that ties in with a phone and screen-share capabilities, Slack is the way to go rather than having internal messengers and such.

As a remote employee, it keeps a direct line of communication open at all times. Benefits wise, it allows for histroical lookback of communications by topic, which is always nice.