Hubot

Hubot is an open source chat robot for companies, designed to bes easy to program using simple scripts written in CoffeeScript and runs on Node.js.

Work for Hubot?

Learning about Hubot?

Hubot Reviews

Showing 3 Hubot reviews
Hubot review by Giovanni L.
Giovanni L.

"Friendly robot with good amount of plugins"

What do you like best?

Hubot has a very approachable learning curve, and a nice plugin ecosystem. The architecture is easy to understand and we found Hubot to be a very valuable tool in developing prototypes and proof of concepts quickly.

Pre packaged adapters worked out of the box as advertised and abstract away the APIs of the messaging services.

What do you dislike?

The hubot plugins and examples contain a lot of coffeescript, a language that I personally dislike, and as late 2018 its adoption is not as widespread as it used to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I reccomend hubot to anybody which needs to get a quick start in chatbot implementation. Be aware of coffescript.

I was able to build a proof of concept chatbot integrated with wit.ai which was presented at the codemotion 2017 conference in Milan as a "getting started" talk. I have been able to put together a tutorial and a sample application in my spare time at work, which is not a lot, and without Hubot that would have been impossibile.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Hubot
Hubot review by G2 User in Computer Games
G2 User in Computer Games

"Hubot helps bridge chat and ops."

What do you like best?

Flexibility, any hubot instance can do a variety of things. If you host within your own infrastructure the sky is the limit.

What do you dislike?

Initial setup can be tricky with all the tokens to generate. If you are behind a firewall you cannot use the web hook functionality without poking a hole or setting up some sort of repeater.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the plugins, install within your own infrastructure, use promises.

I can ask hubot where an application lives within our infrastructure, I can ask hubot to kick off deploys, check on status, and a variety of other things. This allows me to not leave slack, or provide artifacts for others to debug issues.

What Productivity Bots solution do you use?

Hubot review by G2 User in Professional Training & Coaching
G2 User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Great tool if you need to add multiple, complex commands to your slack team"

What do you like best?

Hubot is super customizable and has many addons that will do pretty much anything that you could ever need to do with Slack - from redeploying your services to automatically posting fun memes.

What do you dislike?

Hubot isn't very lightweight if you only need to do one or two things with Slack - by default, it comes with many extra fun features, that aren't very useful.

We mainly use Hubot to automatically deploy in-progress git branches to our various tests environments for QA (since our app is too distributed to be run locally, and we haven't jumped on the Docker hype train just yet).

Learning about Hubot?

* We monitor all Hubot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.