Skype Reviews & Product Details

Sales Associate
Apparel & Fashion
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Convenient, quick and reliable"

What do you like best?

I love that Skype allows me to connect with multiple individuals at once, without an additional fee. The company is recognized worldwide and it ensures less of a hassle when communicating with people because of its ease of accessibility.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the network connection on skype can be a little iffy, however, this can't always be blamed on the company as people have different wifi speeds and there are many other variables involved. It can also be tough to find peoples usernames at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In terms of recommendations to others considering using Skype for their business or personal needs, I would say it's important to ensure that you have a strong network connection for things to run smoothly and that everyone is already added as a contact. This definitely ensures a smoother user experience.

I personally use Skype most when I need to have a conference and not everyone is at the same place at the same time. The benefits that Skype offers are that I don't need a space to hold all the individuals partaking in the conference, and it allows me to work from the comfort of my home, office or when I'm away.

What is Skype?

Make internet calls for free with Skype. Call friends and family on any phone with Pay As You Go and Pay Monthly subscriptions, sign up today at Skype.com.

Skype Screenshots

Skype Profile Details

Skype Profile Details

Microsoft
Description
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.
1975

1-50 of 12769 total Skype reviews
Most Recent Skype Video Review
Pharmacy Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"I always use Skype to communicate with friends and family. I recommend the program"

What do you like best?

Skype is a program that helps a lot to have a better communication, offers many options but the main ones are calls and free video calls, also the program is used to chat and it is very fun to use you can add many contacts and sort them according to our liking

It also has fun emoticons, animations that are very well done and many things more, it is a program that can also be used in many devices and operating systems.

What do you dislike?

very few times I had some kind of problem when using skype, but there are some times that the program consumes a lot of the battery of my cell phone and my tablet, it would be good if the company made some changes in the program so that it does not consume many cell resources .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because it is a very easy to use program that helps users to have a better communication. I also recommend it because it is a free program, to make calls and video calls it is not necessary to pay, but also exempt the payment service that is not very expensive .

skype is a program that offers many communication options, in the company the program is used to make video conferences, also the workers use skype to be a little better communicated, the program is also used to perform remote assistance.

Skype is a program that offers many benefits to the company where I work.

Software Developer

"SkypeReview_juhi"

What do you like best?

there is so many thinks to like , new emoji so many gifs and also easy to do video call in all over world and also we can record our call for future recommendation and also so many amazing new stickers and emoji is also updated here so now its very user friendly and easily connect with other person.

we can also schedule our call its very good update in new version of Skype.

What do you dislike?

i dislike only can't we share big file size here and some and little security issue but other that its very friendly to use Skype and mostly like here emoji and GIF

i can say i love it its nice feature

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i have to tell to user , its easy to connect with any person using their skype id to all over world and now there is so many new feature like file sharing easy to schedule call , share your location and create your own poll and also can do video call and also create record your call for future help.

basically its very easy to connect with client of outside India and work with them so easily its very good benefit for work purpose and also we can schedule our call accordingly and connect with user .

its very good we can easily do group call with multiple people so and also easily update any file to anywhere to all over world.

Software Developer

"Skype Review by Amol"

What do you like best?

Voice and video conversations are helpful. provides high-quality voice calling. Skype is free to download. Calls between Skype users are free. Skype allows to access PC, laptop and mobile phone allowing you to access Skype just about anywhere. Skype was once very agile. We can get birthday notification as well, it's good to have. More emoji available for fun, chatting. We can share the live location and also we can create the poll for review.

What do you dislike?

start Skype it takes a while for it to start.it will keep ringing for the entire 20-40 second duration. Can not send more size of file over skype. Can not access remotely. doesn't allow me to sort my contacts

Recommendations to others considering the product:

-Client-side problem with screen sharing it' easy

.-Anytime connect to Manager and client.

- Project Discussion. Filesharing.

-Issue Understanding, knowledge transfer.

-Easy to use.

-Flexibility

-We can access anywhere.

Client-side problem with screen sharing. Anytime connect to Manager and client. Project Discussion. Filesharing. Issue Understanding, knowledge transfer.

Accounting Assistant

"The most complete platform of communication and collaboration"

What do you like best?

Skype is a software that allows me to be connected at all times, with colleagues, friends and co-workers, video calls are the most attractive feature that offers but not the most useful that I think is the instant chat that allows sharing documents and images easily.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are better flaws in sending messages, but I've never missed a call.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the best communication software I know and we've tried many others, but the best stability and call quality is Skype.

Skype is the most complete platform of communication and collaboration that I know, we adopted it in our company after a long test thanks to its characteristics of business communication that allow us to organize meetings of vieo with numerous assistants and to maintain collaborative talks supported on data and documents that we can exchange without problems and quickly, in these meetings one hopes that the sound is not the best, however Skype has a sound quite clear that does not allow fissures.

Assistant Lead - QA

"Complete Solution for synergetic teamwork "

What do you like best?

I have been using skype from last 6+ years for personal & collaborative professional meetings as well. Most of the time we need to work with multiple teams which resides in different geographical location. Skype is my all-time favorite for all meetings and client communications too. Chatting feature with image and document sharing helps a lot in every means of communication. Skype user-friendly GUI makes skype more easy to operate. Moreover, edit and deletion of the message are also possible which again increase the ease of usability. Also, I cannot forget the screen sharing feature which keeps all the participants on the same page. All around keeping all the usable functionality into consideration it's an overall best communication tool is market.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the voice quality and screen got frozen, but that is rare and I somehow believe that is also dependent on the internet connection of end-user as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Skype is fast, efficient and powerful communication platform. If not tired earlier its worth to choose once.

Mobility challenge, with the skype app now we can connect anytime anywhere from my mobile device.

Technical Software Consultant

"The most effective communication channel and videoconferencing"

What do you like best?

Since I adopted skype, it has been one of my best and efficient communication channels. It allows me to make video calls, video conference with a friend, add all the support information I need for my conferences, attach graphics, videos, photos; share big data files, interact with friends, send text messages and carry out surveys with ease.

The skype’s communication effects as a result of the visualization of people whom I am interacting with, clearly seeing the information under discussion among other features of this software are the most powerful I have ever witnessed

With Skype, participants in a conference can be managed easily, the order of participants intervention can be controlled, participants can be silenced, new participants can be easily incorporated and conference records can be easily made, which contributes to improved communication.

What do you dislike?

The application has proved to be highly sensitive to the quality of internet connection in order to facilitate powerful communication and excellent data transmission.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your organization strive to achieve efficient communication, the bulk transmission of videos, documents, and images that allow effective interaction between the employees among other features, then Skype is the best application

Skype was implemented in my company with the aim of improving the communication between employees in the field and different agencies which are responsible for the management and coordination of personnel and financial resources. Its ability to allow video conferencing and organization of virtual meetings and integration of documents, videos and images have strengthened communication and understanding among different teams. Skype has improved communication and productivity of the workers in the company

Dileep Prajapat

"Best application for chatting and group calls - Skype"

What do you like best?

Skype is the best messaging app in corporate world. almost all organizations in the world using Skype for communication. It provide the advantages of chatting, making group calls and sharing interesting emojis and files.

What do you dislike?

we cannot share a file more then 300 mb over the Skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very easy to use.

we have share files, making group call, video conferencing and we can share screens during meeting.

provide good quality of audio and video during calls.

This is the best application for chat , meeting, group call including video and audio.

and it is free to use and communicate to the peoples who has skype account.

You can reach out to anyone all around the world who has skype account.

You can make calls to the person who dont have skype ids. but for that you have to add skype credit to your account.

overall it is best application to use for communication and chatting with friends or in organization.

In my organization we are using Skype for internal communication with team members and it is very easy to use. we can have a group call and share our desktop screen in the meeting.

Senior Data Analyst
(10,001+ employees)

"An easy and safe way to have video conferences  "

What do you like best?

Skype is a platform that facilitates communication, Skype allows the user to make video conferences that are safe, stable, and with good speed of data transmission. In addition, skype is a good way to make individual calls, they are not expensive and they are really reliable. Skype lets you connect with co-workers and friends in a fast way, making spontaneous meetings possible.

What do you dislike?

Skype has few options for personalization, the user does not have control of many aspects of the interface, which, if they could be changed, could generate more comfort when using this tool

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a way to make video conferences, skype is the right one, its price makes it one of the most accessible tools on the market in relation to all the features it offers, it is really worth trying.

Skype allows us to hold meetings that otherwise could not be carried out, video conferences are effective with this tool, we can plan, discuss and present ideas in real time thanks to the stability that Skype provides.

Coordenadora de Contas a Pagar
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Voice and video discussions that are low-latency"

What do you like best?

The most significant elements of Skype are the voice and video discussions that are low-latency and advantageous. In addition, the application gives clients top-notch voice discussions, that effects decidedly on the solace of talk. Misuse the instrument is complimentary, because the permit, downloading and calls various clients aren't charged. Skype underpins many working frameworks and gadgets, in this manner, you can get to a PC, compact PC and portable, allowing you to keep it around. The program is furthermore really adjustable, and my preferred office is building up gatherings, as overseeing them and talking is consistent. In addition, you can do short reviews and get the appropriate responses rapidly.

What do you dislike?

Sadly, running the program takes inexhaustible time and it by and large goes down or crashes, that is kind of inconvenient. Furthermore, I can't share certain records due to its size or format, that isn't operated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In case you're seeking for an application that guarantees the magnificent nature of voice and video discussions, you would potentially consider downloading Skype. Furthermore, it's amazingly conceivable that your companions and associates utilize the program, all together that they won't have to open an account.

Skype permits me to lead top-notch voice and video discussions, so sharing information and talking about issues with my colleagues is consistent and effective due to low latency calls and well enhancement.

(10,001+ employees)

"Improves a lot the internal communication"

What do you like best?

I like Skype because it improves a lot the internal communication and also allows me to be in direct contact with my colleagues, allows me to interview and survey employees in all the locations I need, allows me to provide assistance in work issues and receive assistance in technology issues sharing screen.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the android app can present problems with video calls, it is solved by restarting the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It offers a free version very ptente and stable to test its operation, allows to share all kinds of files and chat with colleagues and customers directly, make video calls with good image and sound, is a very complete software to have a better communication collaboration business.

Skype is one of the best business communication software I know, offers our company the possibility of organizing video meetings colativas, with the presence of many team members who are not in the same location, this allows us to always have the best working on the human resources projects we handle.

Web Developer

"The best app to communicate"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Skype is that it allows me to make free calls anywhere in the world quickly and easily. This way I can plan with my team new marketing strategies in the distance. Video calls through this app have a high sound quality that facilitates communication and understanding. The installation of Skype was made easy and fast to me, I think it is within everyone's reach. I like that it works on different devices that I use like Windows, Mac OS X or Android.

What do you dislike?

I dislike Skype that sometimes I have found unwanted contacts. The program's search engine exposes me to anyone who wants to know me just by knowing my user. I also don't like that I have to pay to leave a voice message or make a landline call.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend you tell an optimal connection to Interner to have a pleasant Skype experience. Before participating in a working video conference, you can do a sound and video test to verify that your tools are working normally. I also advise that your microphone is muting when it's not your turn to talk.

The main benefit that Skype offers me is being able to communicate with several people at the same time. So I don't have to repeat the information. Another point that benefits me is being able to have a conversation without a camera. Only with the microphone can it be achieved.

IT Specialist

"Excellent application for 1 to 1 conversations"

What do you like best?

I have been using this application for more than 5 years, it is excellent to be able to call any person to their personal number no matter where they are, all this from the computer or from the mobile application.

This application also allows you to create videoconferences with other Skype users in which you can share the screen in case you are making a presentation.

If you have Skype for Bussines is even better because it works as if you had a PBX in the cloud, ie you can assign extensions to your users and then call them.

Skype is really useful

What do you dislike?

I think the version of Skype that comes with Windows 10 is very bad, is always inhibited, you need to uninstall it and download the official version of the Skype page.

Another thing I don't like is that to send a document through chat is extremely slow regardless of whether you have a good Internet connection or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is important that if you are going to host a videoconference, make sure you have a good Internet connection, otherwise you will have problems with video and audio.

Skype has helped me a lot as it allows me to call customers in other countries directly to their mobile phone.

This helps us to improve the effectiveness when it comes to customer service.

On the other hand I think that the balance that is charged to the application to be able to make calls lasts long enough to make hundreds of calls because they are really inexpensive.

ING. INDUSTRIAL - CHIEF OPERATIONS

"SKYPE, videoconferences, the most effective in distance communication."

What do you like best?

SKYPE, is one of the most complete and efficient communication programs in the market. It allows you to make video conferences quickly, add to your conferences all the support information you need, attach; videos, photos, graphics, you can share data, files, you can also interact with conference participants, send messages, do surveys, among other excellent functions.

The communicational effect of visualizing the people with whom it interacts, seeing the information on which it is discussed, among other advantageous aspects, is one of the most powerful features of Skype.

Skype, has management functions for conference participants, facilitates controlling the order of intervention of participants, silencing any participant, incorporating new participants, making recordings of the conference, and among other functions, which contribute to improving communication.

What do you dislike?

Skype, is a very powerful communication service, with excellent data and information transmission capabilities, but it is this great capacity of video and data transmission, which makes it sensitive to the quality of internet connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, your company requires an efficient communication service, with video transmission, images, documents, that allows effective interaction between the members of the work teams, among other functions, Skype, is the perfect tool.

In our company we implemented the use of Skype, to improve communication between field work teams and the different agencies responsible for coordinating and managing financial and personnel resources. The ability to make video conferences among several people, the quick and easy way to organize this type of virtual meetings and the possibility of integrating elements such as images, documents and videos, strengthen communication and understanding of the points addressed by the team. Skype is an excellent tool that helps improve the production and communication of our workers.

CEO

"Great for International Work"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and an effective alternative to phones for international associations. I am currently working with a U.K. based concern and the ease of use anywhere is paramount given the time differences, etc. It's really just a good platform for maintaining contact across many relationships. I also like the android app as it brings a new dimension to the world of communicating and developing relationships.

What do you dislike?

The association with Microsoft. I don't appreciate that aspect at all. I don't always feel comfortable with Microsoft's intentions or rather what they perceive as "what I need." I prefer being able to use Skype with a "stand alone" user id well before even coming close to having too have a Microsoft ID So as long as the platform remains as an effectively independent platform I will continue to conduct my affairs with Skype whenever possible.I do hope there are no plans to further embed with MS

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It does a fine job and sometimes keeping it simple is the best thing

Effective visual communication. Its good for issues that you cannot get from email or text and that is "inflection" and "tone." Its a very good use for these purposes and allows users to communicate effectively with another. This is important when it comes to developing rapport with colleagues, customers and vendors from other parts of the world. It certainly adds to the ease of crossing cultural nuances and so on.

Software Engineer

""Skype" best, easy and most reliable way of communicating with people all over the world."

What do you like best?

I like Skype because it is a software that has enhanced communication between I an my family and friends. It allows users to communicate freely via messages, video calls and normal calls. Skype is a very affordable and stable communication platform and also easy to use. The software enables messaging with planty of amazing emoji options, whereby making chat more effective and interesting.

Skype is an excellent software, one of the oldest that offers video calls and still the best.

What do you dislike?

Skype, despite its many advantages, also has its downside. Skype depends largely on a very stable and fast data connection to be able to make calls.

Also, with Skype you're unable to share large files.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Skype for everyone I know, it's of good quality.

Skype has helped me strengthen my communication with clients and brought me even closer with them.

Skype is equipped with the feature that allows recording of video conferencing sessions which can be referenced to later in case of clarity purposes.

HR Representative

"Offers the best and most advanced features"

What do you like best?

I like Skype because I can talk to my superiors and employees in my charge quickly via chat or organize collaborative meetings, also allows me to make calls to mobile phones for a fairly acceptable rate and excellent sound quality.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints, but some phone calls are down but re-established after a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I really like Skype because it greatly improves our performance by keeping us connected and collaborating at all times, it allows me to share screen in the middle of a meeting to show data and progress to my colleagues and customers.

Skype is a software of excellent quality, in its free version offers the best and most advanced features, something that entrepreneurs value very much because it is an essential tool to be in contact with customers, colleagues and collaborators, allows us to better organize our work teams and send surveys to our employees.

Business Development Manager

"Most trusted software for calling around the GLOBE !!"

What do you like best?

I am using skype from almost 6 to 7 years and I use it for both personal as well as for official use. I am a sales professional I need to make voice and video call in the different part of the world to reach my prospects, I found skype as a very user-friendly and powerful tool for reaching my clients. Skype is not limited to calls only you can chat with your prospects share files with them, screen sharing and make conference calls and the best part is, its absolutely free if you doing call from your Skype account to another skype accounts, also the mobile and landline calling tariffs are also very economical and there are unlimited calling tariffs also which are really a boon to sales guys :)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you face an issue with the voice because of poor internet connection but I am happy that after every call skype takes your feedback to improve their user experience. I must recommend Skype to other sales professional as it’s one of the best and most affordable calling solutions in the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best and economical solution for calls, dun think just go for it.

Because of the Skype mobile app, you can even take calls while you are on move, that is the challenge we solve with Skype.

Mr Soumya Sourav Behera

"All-in-One"

What do you like best?

Starting from chatting to sharing your files Skype helps you to connect with one another. You can share your screen to resolve any problem from remote. No need of any extra software. Hassle free chatting and user friendly UI. Always improves the functionality. Cool emotes, you can create pole for any current event. Make groups and share your thought. In Industry it helps a lot to interact with your colleagues. Integration of Cortana helps you not to write the same thing again and again. It suggest you the next answer. The emotes helps your friend to know about your reaction or mood upon the current situation when you share any emotes with them. The contact book helps you to find your friend who are on skype. If you are in a roaming area, then no need to worry. You can do audio call or video call and save money also. Skype is both for PC as well as for mobile which is really cool.

What do you dislike?

The very first dislike about Skype is that there is no search field for recent call history.

Offline messaging service is not available.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for skype always. Its user friendly and easy to use.

We can create pole among friends in skype group. Emotes can actually tell your mood. The part is Cortana, that suggest you some emotes as well as message. We can create multiple groups to have the more number of people get connected. The contact book helps you to find your friend who are on skype. You can do audio call as well as video call to save money if you are in a roaming area.

Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"An excellent tool to communicate in office"

What do you like best?

The feature to easily attend meeting from anywhere around the globe is the best feature I have found on Skype. The seamless experience is what makes using Skype a very good option for enterprises.

What do you dislike?

Searching for people is the least preferred feature on Skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to collaborate with different people without spending much time in gathering them to a meeting room and using different tools for video conferencing, screen sharing etc. By using Skype you will get all this feature under one application. Skype is easy to use for people belonging to different profession and has a very good product support.

Skype has helped me to communicate with people from both inside and outside my organization. I do not have to go to someone's desk to talk about work, I can easily do it sitting in my desk. It is quick and effective and saves me a lot of time everyday.

(10,001+ employees)

"It allows me to be connected all the time with clients and colleagues"

What do you like best?

I like it because it has a very nice interface that allows us to understand well how it is used, also allows us to share documents, files and even code variables instantly, the option to share screen is also a good option to collaborate between colleagues.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I can't see convolutions in the groups that were given when I was absent, this frustrates me a little bit because I miss important details.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It complements very well with Office tools and has a very low cost.

Skype offers a really excellent service, it allows me to be connected all the time with clients and colleagues, as well as with multiple sectors of our company, the work in collaboration with computer security is essential and must be coordinated and raised in meetings that we carry out through Skype videoconferences because they are in HD and the sound is always very clear no matter how many people participate in the meeting.

Web Developer

"Skype-My Best Communication Partner"

What do you like best?

Skype is my best communication partner as its amazing features is very impressive and it is having a very good audio and video call quality. The best part about Skype is that I only have to put my email address and not my phone number to start using Skype and chat and make audio and video call. Media files can be easily send and receive even in a 2G/3G network.

What do you dislike?

Things I Dislike about Skype is that it charges me when i want to make a call to a landline number.When I use Skype in my android device then my device battery gets low very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Skype really helps me alot when I want to share large size media file in a very quick time. Skype help to make a conference call with a group of people with a good and clear call quality.During a audio/video call I can chat without disconnecting my call and this helps me alot

Marketing Manager

"“Skype- Connecting People around the World”"

What do you like best?

I like Skype because it is compatible with both smartphones and computers. Skype enables people across the globe connect through instant texting, audio calling, and video calling. The other function of Skype that I like most is that it is free to use after sign up. Also, Skype allows group chats and thus saves time by sending a message to a group instead of individual users.

What do you dislike?

Skype relies on internet connection and this is a demerit because lack of internet connectivity means no use of Skype. The other thing I dislike of Skype is its security concerns for it is a major target by attackers and hackers who conceal passwords and other personal information. Last, the calls quality from Skype can be low when internet connectivity is not strong thus reducing its convenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Skype to all individuals and businesses considering it for it will help them in limiting the costs associated with messaging and making calls. Also, considering Skype will help businesses and individuals in holding online meetings, video conferencing, instant messaging, and online interviews with convenience.

With Skype, video conferencing, instant messaging, and voice calling has been low cost and on point when connecting to friends, businesses, and family. Scheduling of meetings has been timely with Skype through group messaging and chats. Also with Skype, working from home has been facilitated and become easy. Last, using Skype has been convenient for it is mobile friendly and can be used anywhere so long as there is internet connectivity.

Ingeniero mecánico

"Me facilita la comunicacion y me hace mas facil el trabajo"

What do you like best?

El uso de las redes sociales es de gran importancia para atraer clientes y sobre todo generar mucha confianza, Skype genera el efecto psicologico de seguridad y confianza, hay muchas personas que se sienten seguras cuando ven nuesta marca y escuchan directamente nuesta explicacion, para nosotros es bueno brindar soliciones y ganar muchos clientes satisfechos. Es una aplicacion exelente y facil de usar para reuniones de negocios y conferencias en todo el mundo cumpliendo nuestro proposito. Nos permite interactuar a traves de llamada de audio y video o por mensajes de texto. Utilizamos esta plataforma para realizar entrevistas a posibles candidatos que se encuentra en cualquier lugar.

What do you dislike?

Tiene algunos problemas tecnicos con la camara o el microfono y a veces la video llamada se ve pixelado por eso recomiendo tener una buena conexion de internet. Puede traer contactos no deseados que podrian perjudicar nuestro trabajo. La licencia puede ser un poco costosa. En el movil no tiene la capacidad de recuperar mensajes y eso es un poco molesto.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Si trabajas en una gran empresa o necesitas comunicarte con algun familia que se encuentre en cualquier parte del mundo recomiendo usar skype, esta aplicacion me ah ayudado tanto en el trabajo como en lo personal, lo mejor de todo es que es gratis y podemos hablar por video y vernos la cara.

en nuestra empresa nos parece la herramienta perfecta para estar siempre comunicados nos ahora tiempo y dinero. con Skype hemos solucionado muchos errores con nuestros compañeros que se encuentran en otro lugar.

Practicum Student
Mental Health Care

"Skype is still my first love though I cheat on her with Zoom sometimes."

What do you like best?

I love that it's free and familiar with upgrade options that are very reasonable. Skype can be used with both friends and work. The best way to describe skype is for those that live by a mantra-like: Keep it Simple Stupid!, or Don't fix what's not broken. It is also Microsoft owned so the updates just keep coming and likely future-proofed solutions for basic teleconferencing.

What do you dislike?

That ringtone haunts me in my dreams. It is almost as traumatizing to hear as TAPS playing while you are in basic training in the military. Sure you can change it, probably, but remember there was a group of people sitting around a table being paid 100k plus a year to decide THAT was the best ringtone to start with. So basically I hate the sound effects.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out Zoom, Skype for business and whatever the one google has. Probably on G2 there is a comparison. For pure buisness or trying to impress people at online dinner parties, I personally love Zoom more than Skype, my wife, and children, but I never tried skype for business, so just check them all out and ask the community before you commit to one teleconference lover.

Chat function in skype is great and easy. Sharing files between the work crew is easy. It just works well together. A benefit is that everyone knows Skype, so no need to onboard them to death, I hope I'm the first make that horrible pun.

General Services Administration

"Skype"

What do you like best?

Here are the plus points I noticed when I was using Skype:

+ Skype availability is completely free. You can go to the office. I download the program directly from it. Once you have registered, you can immediately use Skype for its intended purpose. It is worth saying that you can call from it to the phones, but only after you have deposited your account.

+ Nice interface. An experienced computer user can easily understand the interface. It's easy to find a friend and add them to your contacts list.

+ Functionality In "Skype" is everything necessary for an ordinary user. Voice calls, video calls, file sharing, group calls, and showing the screen to the other side.

What do you dislike?

- Sometimes, even with a high-speed Internet connection, you can't, you can't pull it by disconnecting while connecting, drop the connection, and so on.

- Safety issues when using Skype leaves much to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using Skype to anyone looking for a free instant messenger.

Skype allows me to chat with team members and share files with them.

(10,001+ employees)

"It's simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like Skype because it's simple and easy to use, with features very useful for collaboration and HD video calls, I also like it because it's free and I've used it for years to communicate with distant friends and family, I like to be able to send documents and messages instantly and I like to be able to organize regular video conferences with new topics in important discussion for the company.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that I use a lot of resources on my computer and it also slows down or delays sending messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I've used your free version for many years and it is highly recommended to try it, now I use the Business version and the performance is optimal and the features are surpassed.

Skype is the best communication software that greatly improved the communication of my company and mine in particular, allows me to conduct interviews and surveys with employees working in other cities, allows me to conduct weekly videoconferences to set priorities and train new ones.

Strategic Marketing Specialist

"Excellent application to communicate fluidly on video calls"

What do you like best?

What I like about Skype is its excellent quality in the communication of video calls in groups, as this has allowed us to significantly reduce operating costs with our customers and improve response times between our work teams, with the implementation of collaborative strategies through this platform to streamline work projects in a more dynamic way.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I do not like about Skype the files that can be shared through the application can not be large because they tend to give some kind of error or they just do not happen, which can be limiting if we want to share an important file I already happened on a couple of occasions that I had video files of about 200 megabytes that I needed to send and can not do it on Skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Skype is one of the best tools to communicate through video call with a quality connection, in fact it is one of the most used by professionals around the world. With Skype you can have clear and fluent conversations even when communicating with people or clients who are in other countries. It is a tool that will be very useful to keep in contact with remote customers, as well as to improve internally the communication between your different work teams to strengthen collaborative work.

Skype has become one of our tools for daily use, we use it mainly for internal communications between work teams, especially when we have to coordinate strategies to complete an ongoing project. Skype has helped us to improve collaborative work, group calls are some of the functions that we use the most because of the advantages that we can share screens to explain the instructions and strategies to follow in projects.