Skillshare Reviews & Product Details

Skillshare Overview

What is Skillshare?

Skillshare is a learning community for creators. Enroll in classes and complete projects that unlock your creativity.

Skillshare Details

Skillshare Screenshots

Skillshare Reviews

Showing 29 Skillshare reviews
Already have Skillshare?
What do you like best?

I don't really have anything positive to say. I had very negative experiences with the customer service of this company and I cannot recommend using their service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The content is shallow, often worse than what you can find on youtube for free. Not only that, they give a free trial then charge you credit card for a year ($99) without warning, and refuse to refund when complaints are made. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be very careful about signing up for the apparently free trial, because you can be charged on your credit card without notice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I haven't really had any benefits, other than being more careful not to sign up with sketchy services in the future. I would definitely not recommend using the service to others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are SO many different courses, with a variety of teachers. Each has video content, with actionable items (usually a project) for you to implement immediately what you learned. There is a class discussion board to interact and ask questions, as well as the ability to see other projects and get additional ideas. You can also save courses and create lists of courses so you can have a working list of courses to engage in for your interests. It also keeps track of the courses you are currently watching so you can jump right back in. There are a variety of lengths to the courses as well, so you can choose how intensely you want to dive into a course at any particular moment. You are also able to "follow" different instructors, and see immediately what other courses they offer. You are also given recommendations to similar courses of interst. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that the mobile app doesn't allow you to see the resources. You must be on a computer to access these items. Also, on the mobile device you cannot make different lists, but it does appear as though you can create multiple lists of courses through the desktop version. One way to get around this is to open a browser on your mobile device to visit the desktop site, but this is not nearly as convenient as having everything accessible through the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Skillshare is particularly beneficial for enhancing aspects of your lifestyle, for example, productivity, motivation, and hobbies (e.g. watercoloring, music, drawing). I have been able to become more productive with my time, manage emails more efficiently, as well as enhance my artistic skills. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Skillshare
Freelance Writer/Copywriter
What do you like best?

I love the fact that Skillshare has so many opportunities to learn new skills and develop your current ones. There is literally something for everyone from how to draw to how to apply makeup and how to use marketing for social media or your business!

I highly recommend trying the 2-month free trial and I promise you'll fall in love! I didn't believe the hype until I tried it and from there I was hooked! At the time my trial was up I couldn't afford it so I didn't purchase it, but for the next 6 months, it was still on my mind so when I got the money of course I invested and am so glad I did!

The teachers' steps are always easy to follow and take notes on and the tips aren't generic. Let's say you look at 3 videos on how to start a blog. They might have the same underlying agenda, but you come away with 3 completely new and fresh ideas of how to approach the same thing. That makes it easy to figure out what kind of techniques will work best for you instead of high-level generic information that really doesn't help anybody. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have nothing I dislike so far. The process to reactivate my account was pretty easy with minor hiccups. The link to reset my password after reactivation didn't work, but they were able to go in and manually fix it and after that, I've had no trouble at all! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you're really going to use it. I would try to take at least one class a week and don't feel like you have to do it all in one sitting. Definitely interact with the teachers and other students by creating projects. That will help you get good feedback and grow overall!

The teachers are definitely genuine and give their best tips to help you succeed and grow in your craft. It's not just art, photography, videography, marketing, social media, writing, and blogging! There are lifestyle, productivity and business classes to fit your needs too.

I truly think this is definitely a diverse platform that will take you to success! It's all about what you put into it. If you do nothing with the tips then, of course, you're going to be stagnant, but if you buckle down and try to implement what you learn no matter how hard it may be at first, you'll definitely start seeing results. Remember, that somethings will take time to see improvement while others can be instant! Don't give up and if you can, do the annual payment so you don't have to worry about a monthly bill and save money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm working on a variety of things. Mostly I'm working on my writing and blogging and then my social media marketing. I've learned so many good tips about how to make my writing better by using Google Analytics and how to structure my writing.

I've also learned how to make an effective content calendar and how to balance writing on topics I like and my readers will like. I never thought to create a survey and add an area where readers can give me their email address so they can sign up for my newsletter. It actually worked and now I have a good survey making platform to use!

For social media, I realized that the presentation is so, so, so important. I've learned how to elevate my photography game with different apps and photography techniques that I never would've thought of with my DSLR and iPhone. It can be challenging to implement at times, but the more I do it, the easier it's getting and I have the great teachers on skillshare to thank for that.

Following their idea to look at Instagram analytics of the best time to post has helped a ton too! I'm getting more reach and people are exiting off less because I'm providing quality content and a pleasing aesthetic. I never knew how to use all of the analytics to my advantage, but with a couple of easy steps, I'm reading them like a pro and making good use of them! Who knew that being analytical can actually help you get more creative! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Marketing
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to find a course of what you're looking for, and the ease of reading others' reviews. A lot of well informed instructors sharing their valuable insights, and they earn something for their work. I appreciate this platform so much! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are occasionally under qualified instructors, or classes that are not top notch, but those are few and far between. I do judge a course by it's cover imagery, but some of those courses with the not so great cover art are the most helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can almost always find a Youtuber sponsored by Skillshare, so make sure to take advantage of the free two month trial if possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to study and brush up on things before taking exams to earn my various industry certifications, those certifications helped me land my current job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Manager
Broadcast Media
What do you like best?

I am so glad that my friend told me that this platform existed. I was looking for a way to improve my video and graphic design skills without investing a lot of money in the class. Really talented people from different industries have created content for this site, so you can learn everything from new cooking skills to how to process data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to rate the courses and see how highly rated they are, as some classes are amazing and others are more basic and not as interesting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a great value for learning lots of new skills on your own time, without a huge monetary investment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have improved my skillset for social media management, learned new video editing skills and found out about new apps that help me with my work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Diseñador gráfico
What do you like best?

The best part of skillshare is that you can select the place and time to start learning the courses they have. It's a big web of information where you can study and grow your skills, depending in what you're good, but there they have so many topics to choose, and you can have a free 2 weeks trial Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have to try a list of videos in order to see what you can use and what you don't need or don't want to watch. It's information from all the people, but you need to filter it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't have time to study, I'm working on a shop the entire week and need money to pay an institute. With Skillshare, I can study when I'm home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email Campaign Specialist
Program Development
What do you like best?

At this point nothing

They have no proper system in place for billing

but they have fun courses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I joined skillshare premium and it has been so useful! However a few days ago I got billed $99 over 4 times in one day essentially cleaning my bank account out and my bank thinking it was fraud(Which essentially it was) closed my account due to suspicious activity. I mailed skillshare explaining my situation and a woman mailed me back and i quote "Thanks for reaching out! As requested, I've gone ahead and made sure your membership "

1 i didnt ask to cancel my account

2 you still owe me my money

I messaged them asking them what they would need from me to do a refund on the excess amount and have heard nothing back from them... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to find a way to get your bank to monitor them when they bill you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

they have amazing content on an unstable platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

SkillShare is one of the great educational platform for learning which we ever seen in our life. It's learning process, experienced instructors and affordable pricing model to everyone. I love the user interface of website as well. If you practically think about the process of learning business. We also share video courses to our employees and they learned many topics by Skillshare like Html, GIFs Creation, Adobe Photoshop and many more softwares including programming skills they learn during their free timing. I'm very much impressed with SkillShare and I love to continue our future work with SkillShare. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They should add more payment methods like Bitcoin / Crypto payment. If they allow crypto payments then more people can join from different countries. They can be more educated within it. Otherwise there's nothing I don't like about the platform, in my opinion it's perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, We area already recommending to our many business connections and our employees to learn from SkillShare for improving their skills and mindset in programming, designing & self-development. We having great business connection around the globe with our client base. We'll surely considering to recommend them for SkillShare. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're solving our business problems including finance and quantitative trading mathematics in our finance business. Our clients problems are also being solved with some of courses in finance section of SkillShare.

We thrive to share more & more clients to solve their own business problems in future for further business improvements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ceo
What do you like best?

Skillshare is providing opportunities for online learning. This is the best way for online education to help me & all students. one of the best way to learn more & more skill by Skillshare. Skillshare has classes on all types of topics, but my favorites are the design ones. I also enjoy ... Here are some of the classes that I have liked the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing bad in skillshare everything is perfect. Such as great one online platform to learn & explore those things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am sharing this site to many friends because there are many topics to help us. skillshare is also help in complex problem to solve in fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am searching for a design course after that I have learned how to create gif animation by Skillshare. Skillshare's Users Are Solving the Company's Problems ... sharing, giving, teaching users may end up solving some difficult problems for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Frontend Web Developer
What do you like best?

I wish I could tell you what I love best about their website, too bad they canceled my account after charging me for a one-year Premium Subscription and I didn't get to use their shitty platform too much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their customer experience.

It seems like only incompetent outsourced indians look after their customers and this hurts their trust a lot. No answer in more than 30 days and I've tried to contact them everywhere - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email - and no real human tried to contact me back.

If their customer experience had been a ship, it would have been Titanic. Total failure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch out for unexpected credit card charges. They will surprise-charge you somehow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I tried using it for personal development, but it's hard to watch tutorials when your account is cancelled for no reason. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to learn more about things I'm already doing as well as new information in fields I'm not as familiar with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing I dislike about Skillshare; it's been very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to learn more about Digital Marketing and I've been able to better serve my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Remote eLearning Instructional Designer
What do you like best?

I love Skillshare for it's variety of classes they offer. You can learn anything from knitting, to cooking, writing, logo design, analytics, photography, and so on. The platform has thousands of classes on any topic you can think of. The classes are taught by business owners, freelancers, and people loving what they teach about which is a nice change when you compare it to classes at your school where some teachers seem like they don't really care about the topic they teach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see the bad classes removed, but there are not too many of these. Most people make quite good classes. I'd say that most of them are even above average. You can't really go wrong for the money you pay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can't find a cheaper solution with the amount of classes Skillshare offers. They run promotions all the time and you can get 3 months for free or $0.99 and after that pay around $10/month - it's even cheaper when you prepay for the whole year. Most of the classes are taught very well by professionals in the industry. The classes are short and tackle particular skills. You can't go wrong with trying out Skillshare. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Skillshare is a platform that provides very inexpensive education. The classes are usually short and you learn specific skills. Every class should include a project where you immediately put your new skills to work. You can get feedback from your classmates and the teacher as well. You can even win prizes sometimes. It's a great community that offers help from others in addition to the skills you learn by watching the videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Grants Coordinator
Performing Arts
What do you like best?

I love the concept and have found a few classes I like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The platform seems to have streaming issues. Both the website and the Android app take forever to load and frequently stall. I've tried on several devices, so it's not a device or browser issue, and I can watch Netflix and YouTube with no issues or stall at all, so it isn't my internet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it's marvelous if they'd fix their user experience, but as it is, I most certainly will not be buying a full membership when my trial period is up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am so excited to learn new skills to use at work and in hobbies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I like the wide variety of courses that are available in many different areas that support creatives in business. The fact that you can take courses on digitizing watercolor painting alongside how to structure your business is really handy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to know what the course actually entails - the syllabus doesn't seem to be very detailed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend doing a free month/signing up for a monthly plan until you know that you'll get value out of an annual membership. There are a lot of courses to sift through, which can be great, but it's helpful to have a good understanding of what you actually need to learn before jumping in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's a fun way to see things that are popular that you may not have thought "I need to know this" and shows you what people are interested in. This helps to tailor other content and ideas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the teachers who have put their experience/expertise in a specific subject into a video format. I also love how the lessons are broken up so you can jump back to rewatch a video for references or come back and complete the lesson later on. I also enjoyed how there were emails that showed recommended courses! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Being a student I was not a fan of the pricing of the product. It does cost $100 for the subscription up front, but I think it would be better to have a type of monthly subscription plan to help ease the financial burden of a student. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the different types of videos. You never know if some of those skills can come in handy later on. I definitely loved the photography video lectures! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are a lot of videos that are introductory, which can help build a foundation for a specific area. As well as multiple other videos to help build up your soft skills, such as leadership and organizational. I find that it's sometimes hard to really pinpoint what you need help with when it comes to soft skills and having video references are great for people who don't know exactly how to start to improve those skills or who don't have the opportunity to work on them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Whether you're using Skillshare as a platform to teach or as a learner, it is a easy to navigate and utilize tool. It offers a variety of classes that can be used in the classroom or to learn yourself. It also offers the ability for you to upload your own classes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little tricky to navigate all the classes that are offered. There could be a better set up for organizing/categorizing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking to create a flipped classroom type course, this can be a really effective tool, but only users can access your classes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This allows for flipping the classroom in a very effective way. It let me create individualized learning and allowed me to continue learning skills to share within my own classroom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Skillshare has done an amazing job providing a very wide variety of tech and non-tech centered courses. The quality and range of content is exactly what I was looking for. They also run very good marketing campaigns, allowing new users to use a one month free trial before subscribing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no discount for students, and there is no structure that allows you to subscribe at different price points. If you don't want to pay $99 for the unlimited plan, there is no cheaper option (although they do offer some free abbreviated courses). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free trial to try before you commit to the full price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Skillshare has allowed me to learn how to better my illustration skills, and helped me learn new skills in Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Internet
What do you like best?

I like the price and many of the courses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More free courses should be available on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would like to see more free versions so that anyone who can afford the site can still learn from the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Skillshare gives you access to many courses at a great price. I also like that skillshare also gives professionals or experts the option of making money off there own course. I also like the price and the video formats because it's easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DIY Creator
Arts and Crafts
What do you like best?

I though I was going to have access to high quality instructional videos, which they offer pretty good teases of but the actual content was below satisfactory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They have predatory billing practices and have just stolen $100 for a service I did not request. They also are not responsive. At all. It really has left a bad taste in my mouth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't sign up for this service. They will charge you and subscribe you to services you did not request. They are taking advantage of your credit card information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None. I have more problems now that I'm a $100 poorer! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love Skillshare because there are such a wide variety of lessons and videos to learn from and really helped me hone my skills. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It got a little pricey for me and unfortunately I had to stop using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am running a greeting card business and it helped to hone my skills of hand lettering, digitizing my work, and illustration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Inbound Strategist
What do you like best?

There is SUCH a wide array of skills and topics covered in some form or another. And the team does a great job of maintaining high-quality content from the instructors and their presentations. I also really like the class suggestions - I've found many that I'm very interested in simply because they've been suggested based on my interests. Awesome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet come across anything that I do not like yet. I guess I'd like to see more in-person classes/workshops in the Denver area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for self-education tools, this is a great one! The class/workshop selection is robust and the ability to tune in when you have the time is super convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The need for continued education in this digital age is tremendous. Skillshare makes it easy to learn new skills by providing classes and workshops in an on-demand setting for busy professionals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

I liked that I could communicate with instructors though email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I heard that all of the instructors are not licensed, or even involved in their profession for a long period of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would focus on hiring teachers with more experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I question the quality a bit. I was hoping for more personalized one-on-one contact. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CTO
What do you like best?

I've enrolled in multiple classes on Skillshare and I've found the platform pretty easy to use and reliable. I was also able to communicate with the instructors via the platform, which is a plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't see a way to communicate with other students who have taken the same classes that I have. That would have been useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is worth a shot. Check their built-in tools to see if they have got everything you need for your specific use case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The business problem this platform solves is the need for continuous learning and improvement. All of our team members, senior leadership included, need to learn new skills every few months. The main benefit of Skillshare is that it provides this continuous improvement/learning in bite-sized chunks of 15 minutes each. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Associate
Computer Networking
What do you like best?

There are some interesting classes in a variety of different areas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had a problematic charge dispute with the company. Fortunately I was given a full refund thanks to the customer service at SkillShare. Make sure you follow up with the company if you feel as though you were charged unfairly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reconsider Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows for a bit of crowd-sourced education in a number of areas, with some good classes here and there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

I like the rating system. This helps me determine the usefulness of a video set. I also like how Skillshare is constantly expanding it's catalogue and categories of interest. It's definitely not just for artists -- this is for creative learners. I like the user-contributed project galleries because I find it inspiring to see what other people have done after taking a course. I also like how they have an app so that I can continue videos on the go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the courses are not well-vetted. That's why the reviews are helpful. Some of the courses do not have high-quality presenters or they are poorly made and edited. While I know Skillshare is trying to get more content, I do believe they should have some threshold for quality of courses. Although, there are PLENTY of courses that have excellent, interesting presenters with great quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for inspirational ideas for creatives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's helpful for me to learn new skills on an individual level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Skillshare?