SketchUp Pro Reviews & Product Details

What is SketchUp Pro?

2D and 3D drafting application for visualizing, communicating, and planning future construction projects.

SketchUp Pro Profile Details

SketchUp Pro Reviews

1-50 of 91 total SketchUp Pro reviews
Architectural Designer

"Friendly User Program"

What do you like best?

Using SketchUp is SO EASY! I learned it in a couple of weeks! I love how friendly user is! Also, the SketchUp warehouse is AMAZING! I cannot count the number of times the warehouse has safe my life in architectural and interior design presentations! The countless things that can be done in SketchUp is incredible! Although I feel confident using SketchUp, I feel that every month I learn something new that I did not know and that fascinates me. Additionally, if you like to design with tons of curves, SketchUp might not be the ideal program for you.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that the files can be SO heavy when you use bunch of components and objects from the Warehouse. SketchUp users that are also interior design students might understand the struggle of opening and savind documents when using bunch of objects from Warehouse. Also, I wish the process of having different Sketchup files, linked to a Master file is easier and smarter.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DO IT! I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I do. Is so friendly user!

If you are an architecture or an interior design student or professional, Sketchup could save your life! I love that is so handy when you're developing ideas in the design process.

Designer

"Design program for designers."

What do you like best?

Sketchup is an excellent software that gives me the ability to perform masterful works, making the best modeling in three dimensions. It is a powerful program that has very good tools for design and construction of models and best of all is that it is very easy to use, you do not have to be a great expert to achieve fantastic results with this tool. It has a lot of good features and attributes such as easy-to-use drawing tools such as extrusion, basic drawing such as circles, straight lines and freehand, rotation and scale. It has dimension tools that allow you to demarcate distances and add texts. The paint tool is very simple to use, although powerful and effective since it allows to edit textures and materials. The Sketchup Pro gallery is great and I can download thousands of components just by being registered in 3D Wirehouse.

What do you dislike?

The movement of the camera with the mouse is a little complicated for me when I have been using this software for years, otherwise I do not have any complaints because I love this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You do not need to be a great expert in editing and modeling in three dimensions to get the best results since you have Sketchup Pro, an impeccable tool that will help you in your professional career to always stand out from the rest thanks to its excellent attributes and The simplest way you can imagine.

Designers have strengths in terms of drawing and digitization is spoken, and Sketchup is a super useful tool for us in the company because it allows us to make excellent three-dimensional modeling with significant results and of great importance to us since they are the basis of study and completion of all our projects, this modeling will be shown to the clients who will accept or reject the project and in this way we reach an agreement with them.

Architect

"Give shape to your plans."

What do you like best?

Sketchup is an amazing 3D modeling software that allows me to lift and give volume to my plans, it gives me the best results and the best thing of all is that its skill is extremely easy to use. The basic commands are super easy to use, the way in which with the press of a button I can visualize sections, lift walls, paint surfaces, among many others, its ease of use is exceptional. I like the amount of components that I can get in your online library just by registering for free. It is great the compatibility that it has with respect to other softwares without being selfish. It is such a versatile program that every day more extensions are developed that facilitate maneuverability when drawing.

What do you dislike?

Despite not requiring many PC requirements, there are times in the model that the surveys may be cut.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If what you are looking for is software that is not very heavy, that gives you the best results in the market and above all that is very simple to use, Sketchup is the software that you should start using, for this reason many people prefer it in the world.

Once the plans in 2D were raised and approved, I proceeded to do modeling and surveys in Sketchup, leaving amazed both bosses and clients for the excellent results that this software gives me, I can extract sections, plants and facades with the push of a button.

(10,001+ employees)

"Your best and easiest modeling."

What do you like best?

Sketchup is a software that lets you make high quality and result modeling since it has many actions that let you freely edit your drawings and models and all this in the simplest way. I like its large number of tools that I can use at ease and in a simple way like the extrusion of flat elements, rotate, scale, paint, in short, a number of tools that facilitate modeling. I love the simple way in which you could apply materials to my modeled objects, edit these materials, their color, their transparency, their sizes, they are incredible. I even have the option to configure my pages so that these modeling images are ready to be printed, so it is a complete software that does not depend on other external software to show excellent views and plans.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the quality of video and audio is a little worse.

If the video card does not have enough features to run the program properly, the image tends to be cut off.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have tried 3D editing and modeling software and they still do not convince you, use Sketchup that will undoubtedly be your favorite and best friend when you want to edit your projects since it is a program that gives the most excellent results and in the easiest way you can Imagine, join this incredible world of editing.

The projects we develop in the company can not be left alone at the level of planimetry, therefore we need 3D modeling tools and Sketchup is the one we like the most and that is why we prefer it since it allows us to edit freely and in a super simple way all our projects and in this way extract perspective views and even excellent images in parallel projection.

Arq.

"Extremely easy 3D editing and modeling."

What do you like best?

Sketchup is an excellent modeling software in three dimensions that serves both the architectural world and for engineers and designers, video games, movies and many more. I love it because it is a very intuitive and flexible software, it is compatible with many other 3D and 2D modeling programs, and that increases its appeal. It is extremely easy to use, it can be easily applied by children and adults thanks to the fact that its tools, besides being very effective, are simple. One of the best tools that it has is the wide gallery of components such as cars, houses, trees, people, domestic and urban furnishings, among thousands of other components that are online. I can easily create views and tours with animations. It reflects shadows with the option of sun in real time. It offers a wide variety of styles to present your drawings in different ways.

What do you dislike?

It lacks basic tools such as the design of a sphere.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is highly recommended worldwide for its excellent attributes and ease of use, as well as saving a lot of time. The results are always the best quality, you can also do modeling in three dimensions, extract images for future presentations to customers.

With this great software I can do my modeling in three dimensions without problems and in the fastest and easiest way. The plans in two dimensions arrive at my work site and thanks to the virtues of Sketchup as the compatibility with multiple platforms of design and drawing, I can perform this type of work, apply materials, extrusions, among many more, I create my views and scenes and the work is done.

Industrial design
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Useful, efficient, fast and easy to use for quality digital 3d models."

What do you like best?

Once you join the interface and workspace 3d modeling becomes a simple task, create plans, groups and components is a very comfortable alternative to work, the weight of 3d files is quite acceptable and also allows you to incorporate complementary tools developed by external that work as options that improve the quality of tools and resources available, I think it is important that Sketchup Pro has a large number of users who provide resources and support information on the web when required.

What do you dislike?

Like any software that is easy to use and implement, it lacks important aspects such as parametric design, the creation of complex forms based on equations and data, and it has limitations in the options of measurements and metric precision that are undoubtedly very necessary for projects with a level of detail and high demands.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ideal to start in 3d design work as a beginner or amateur, perfect for when you already have extensive experience in the area and software is required to meet the digital design demand of large companies, in general Sketchup adapts to the needs of each organization to facilitate its task of design, creation and editing.

In the area of ​​industrial design I can get much benefit and benefit to the software, from 2D drawing to 3D modeling, the final rendering is efficient from my perspective and I also dedicate myself a lot to take advantage of the workspace to define the details of the most important pieces of design of the company to facilitate the technical information of construction and assembly.

Designer

"Amazing 3D modeling tool."

What do you like best?

Sketchup is undoubtedly one of the best and most proficient 3D modeling software on the market. With its efficient and varied tools it has become year after year the favorite software of architects, engineers and designers thanks to the power of its tools. Leaving aside the excellent results, I like this software its simplicity, practicality and ease of use. Its commands and basic tools are extremely easy to use. It does not demand so many good requirements in the pc and this gives to speak very well of this software. It has many extensions that facilitate even more the work you want to do. Your gallery is very wide and offers thousands of models. The complements are great since they solve any inconvenience or software failure. It is compatible with multiple platforms and softwares.

What do you dislike?

Many times I get an error in which the program is closed alone, the good thing is that it saves a backup or recovery.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not hesitate to choose a 3D modeling software, the best option will always be Sketchup Pro, thanks to its versatility, accessories, extensions and best of all to how simple it can be to use it, I recommend it without hesitation, you will not regret it.

I perform the experimental modeling to be able to know well the spaces that we must distribute, in this way we can perceive things that we did not see in the 2D drawings, in addition we perform views and renderings that allow us to publicize our projects and attract the attention of users and clients.

Web Developer

"It really lights up your 3D models."

What do you like best?

One of the positive aspects is that the use of live files to guide discussions is very efficient, not all clients are visual people, so opening this model and working around your space in real time is fantastic. The animations are easy to execute. The 3D model is very efficient, it allows three-dimensional capture for graphics and designs of different stereotypes. 2D graphics are not left behind either, they are easy to export and import.

What do you dislike?

I don't think it's a good genius that SketchUp is not automated. You need to understand the code to a high degree in order to draw models properly. On the other hand it does not have specialized commands in parametric design, so I almost always have to look for extensions and add-ons that fill that space. Due to its high functional content you need a computer with a video board powerful enough to take advantage of all the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Without a doubt it is a program that does not disappoint those interested, it is ideal to design a rudimentary prototype, capture the idea and transmit it into; this program will serve much to have a very broad visual context of what you want.

In the company SketchUp is used to make digital designs of different types to create one that other interface and web pages with high professionalism. One of the problems solved by this tool was the time elapsed since we placed the order of the design team until we had the complete prototype, due to its ease of use and comfort; thanks to SketchUp in Artversion the creation is intensified with great talent in its tools.

Architect

"Excellence in 3D modeling."

What do you like best?

The most outstanding feature of Sketchup is the quality of work you can achieve, the excellent materials it provides, the quality of the image that you can export, the delicacy of its lines and endless styles of lines that vary from formality to sketch, but I I would highlight its ease of use, since these excellent results can be achieved in a very simple way since it is a software that is extremely easy to use and apply. I like the way in which the faces of the elementes can be molded, the simple way to apply materials, I love the way in which I can edit them so easily. It is also very versatile, since it is compatible with many other softwares and you can import and export different files and documents to skp. It has a wide variety of extensions that greatly facilitate my work when making modeling and I love its gallery of components because it is very extensive.

What do you dislike?

Many times it closes without warning, that has happened to me a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a 3D modeling software Sketchup is definitely your best option, easy, effective and provides excellent results in a short time. It is a software that advances more and more with each update and development of add-ons and extensions.

In my work I'm in charge of the computer drawing department, and once we have the 2D digital drawings Sketchup helps me in an outstanding way to give life to those surveys, in a very easy way and always getting the best results from this software. helps to define well the spaces that we could not see in the 2D planimetry.

Interior Designer

"Software for 3d modeling and digital 3d creation with facilities."

What do you like best?

One of its most outstanding factors is its ability to respond to the needs of a user without experience, its implementation is quick and easy with the possibility of a very intuitive use which favors its positive relationship with the user community, its latest versions improve the performance of its resources and available tools, I like the visual facility that they use to indicate the function of each command, and its possibilities of exporting and importing other files is favorable to relate it with other complementary software.

What do you dislike?

In some occasions I have presented faults that I have not been able to solve and the technical service can not indicate which is the root of the problem of a specific file, by working only flat surfaces to compose the 3d model generates a margin of error that if it is not controlled it ends up creating a series of errors that cause a light file to end up weighing a lot and makes the computer go slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I consider it essential to train the work teams so that they can link more strongly with the use of software in a professional manner, each company will have its particular needs but it is necessary to acquire extensions to increase the tools available for the complex modeling of shapes and surfaces 3d that require another class of more dedicated and specialized jobs.

For the interior design works perfectly as I cover the professional visual demand to offer a visualization of the light, shade, finishes and an acceptable quality of the interior idea to be developed, its speed to work facilitates the design times, applying the services of the 3d warehouse I download models and details that are very functional to apply them in my work file.

Architec

"Give body to your designs."

What do you like best?

There is no doubt that this is the best 3D editing software that can exist, because you can achieve the best results since it is very competent with similar softwares but in a simpler way to use. It is a pleasure to work with this software because of its excellent attributes and tools, from its interface that is very easy to use, to the way in which it allows you to organize your toolbars to make your work easier, the way in which you can import and export files in 2D and 3D and the multiple softwares with which it is compatible is great. It offers an excellent and very varied library called 3D Warehouse and constantly develops extensions that facilitate modeling.

What do you dislike?

It's a little complicated to orbit the model.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can use multiple and cumbersome editing software and 3D modeling which are heavy and very difficult to use, but if you are looking for a reliable software, easy to use and that gives you the best results, use Sketchp, since it is the best of all. V-ray I can make excellent renderings that in the end is what makes us sell our projects.

Skype

In my job, knowledge and mastery of 3D editing and modeling software is essential and I decided to train with the best of all. Sketchup gives me the results my bosses and I are looking for, because I can use it with add-ons like V-ray. I can make excellent renderings that in the end is what makes us sell our projects.

Operator

"Grow your creations."

What do you like best?

I have been using Sketchup for many years and I like it more, I think it is the best software to make my 3D modeling because of how versatile and functional it is. Besides being practical, it is very easy to use and really have nothing to envy. to multiple edition software, the results you can get with this incredible tool are fantastic and best of all is that it is compatible with many other software that complement their tools such as AutoCAD, 3DMax among others. I like the interface that it has since it is very simple and with simple tools that make you achieve exactly what you need, the extension mode is great, many of them solve you and make you much more modeling, the gallery of components great, truth is a unique and unparalleled software. It works excellently with a highly competitive rendering engine that is V-ray.

What do you dislike?

Exceptional software !, I have no objections about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this incredible software because it provides them with the versatility and facility that you need when it comes to modeling your projects, it is an excellent software known worldwide.

When I did not have time to study modeling programs or do any course I used Sketchup and immediately I got caught, I could do my academic and commercial works in a simple and very effective way obtaining excellent results, in this way I could fill my personal profile with good works.

Industrial Designer

"3D modeler integral and very competitive in digital design."

What do you like best?

It is a software with very useful conditions and attributes for the design by the user, I find the operating scheme of its interface and its palette of tools and options directly linked to facilitating the way in which we design 3d models very attractive. series of options very capable to achieve fast and accurate results when furniture design is about.

What do you dislike?

The parametric design and complex shapes do not have the necessary commands to optimally develop the layers and surfaces necessary for a clean model and with tight connections between edges of complex shapes so the work is not as precise when the design has shapes unconventional, it will be necessary to pay for extensions designed by external to improve existing tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is important to take advantage of the resources of the 3d warehouse that has a wide variety of tools and models available to facilitate the work, the company can take advantage of all the information available on the network since the user community of Sketchup is very broad and shares a lot of information in the network which facilitates the end user to become familiar with the use of the program and its commands.

From my experience it is ideal for the initial stage of designing a project since it gives me the advantage of designing and modeling the 3d efficiently and quickly, that first stage the software allows me to complete it and be able to show results quickly that must be analyzed later for future corrections in the same 3d model.

Architec

"A 3D modeler without comparison."

What do you like best?

Sketchup is undoubtedly the best software for 3D modeling beyond the complete and versatile that it is, is for its easy use and operation, unlike many other software offers many freedoms when modeling your drawings, with many simple but powerful tools allows you to achieve the best results very quickly. It surpasses other software because it allows you to do things better in a more practical way and with an extremely lightweight software that requires few requirements from your computer. Sketchup is highly compatible with multiple similar software and that further increases its appeal, in addition to having powerful tools such as the use of plugins and a very complete library of great files.

What do you dislike?

Has an error that comes from previous versions and is that it closes suddenly without warning, could improve it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want your 3D modeling to be the best and be able to do it in record time you know that you have a great ally, Sketchup will help you greatly. You know they are the best at seeing how many users they have worldwide. It is highly used worldwide.

In my job I have to design, in 2D drawings as 3D modeling and Sketchup allows me to do it in the best way and simple and effective, it gives me excellent and professional results very easily, both my bosses and my clients are amazed by the results and for this powerful tool.

Manager.

"Model what you want."

What do you like best?

Sketchup is an incredible software that allows me to model practically what I want because it has very versatile and easy to use tools that do not stop me at the time of using it, it seems to me that there are no parameters of use nor rules that tell me what is the right way of doing things and that allows many freedoms. Compared with similar software is much more free and allows me to do my modeling more coarsely. I like the way in which it accompanies itself with different design software and they work together. It has a very extensive and high quality library of components. It has a wide variety of very innovative and innovative plugins that facilitate any procedure in the model. Their tools are very varied and extremely simple to use.

What do you dislike?

I have not got something that I dislike about this software. Everything is fine for now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very versatile tool that is very good that you learn to use, even if it is not directly your professional field you can develop skills and take advantage of it, I recommend it.

It has allowed me to create models for companies and particular jobs in different professional areas, modeled for engineers, architects, designers, among many others, with this software I have been able to make them come true and aside from my satisfied customers I have obtained very good economic dividends.

(10,001+ employees)

"The best way to model your projects."

What do you like best?

For many years I have used this powerful and simple tool that I love because it always gives me the best results and the best experience in 3D modeling. What I get from this software is the incredible things that I can achieve in the simplest way, although there are other programs that allow you to edit modeled in a good way, compared to the ease with which you can do it with Sketchup. The commands are extremely easy to use, the extrusion, the drawing tools, the views, are just small cool attributes that I can name. I really like the way he works with plugins and is associated with components such as Vray, which I think of the most powerful rendering engines and is excellently coupled to Sketchup. I do not want to stop mentioning the excellent library of online components that it has.

What do you dislike?

The way to move with the help of the mouse and approach the model is a bit uncomfortable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a software utility, simple and fast Sketchup is waiting for you, with millions of users to global level is the favorite 3D modeling programs among its users.

Sketchup has allowed me to carry out the 3D surveys of all my architectural projects in the quickest and simplest way and giving me excellent professional results, it allows me to make views and tours of them and present this to my future and current clients which are left amazed by these tools.

Smart products design

"Large capacity software for professional and amateur 3d modeling and design."

What do you like best?

This very well achieved so that the user can understand its interface and workspace quickly, is structured to be a basic and advanced modeling software according to the needs of the user and the demands of the project, I like to work in groups and components to manage the layers and surfaces created in 3d, its latest versions have managed to improve the experience and offer a more optimal modeling service within the interface.

What do you dislike?

It still has errors and failures that do not correspond to the functionalities of the tools, it should improve the quality of the 3d warehouse service and also improve the options to import and export files from the interface, some commands need to improve to be more professional and technical options within the production of 3d projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is perfect for the manipulation and design of products of any scale, it adapts very well to the demands of each particular project and can generate immediate benefits when the resources of the software are used correctly.

The benefit and experience are very positive within the organization, also allows to be implemented quickly what facilitated the production times of 3d models with a simple but nice appearance to present rapid design proposals and that the work teams can manipulate the product from the interface since it is very simple to execute.

"Modeling facility."

What do you like best?

I fell in love with this tool at the first moment of using it, I had already tried other 3D modeling tools, which did not satisfy me, but Sketchup is super effective, practical, functional and, above all, easy to use. I love the simplicity with which I can lift the flat images. I like the way I can draw from scratch or import images and predesigned files into programs like AutoCAD. It is a software compatible with many sectors, engineers, architects, designers, beneficiaries. What I like the most is the way it works with the add-ons, they are very varied and useful, such as the Vray, which allows rendering in high quality with Sketchup. I love the way I can download files from the gallery, typical of Sketchup or uploaded by users, they are mostly high quality. I like the way I can apply textures and materials. Other software also offers good results, but the minimum requirements are very high, unlike SketchupPro.

What do you dislike?

It gives me everything I can ask for from a modeling program, nothing to add.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Is the best 3D modeling software because it allows the functions you need for it and in a very simple way, it is really recommended worldwide because of its versatility when creating.

It has allowed me for years to do surveys and modeling of my projects, add textures and acclimate them, the views and renderings that I entertain my clients are of high quality due to it and I can say that they are very happy.

Social Media Coordinator
Building Materials

"SketchUp Pro is a must have!"

What do you like best?

SketchUp makes creating models (pergolas, houses, etc.) quite simple. We actually have a few employees in our design department who had never used sketchup before working for us and within a year of using the program have mastered nearly every element. Another aspect that I enjoy is the 3D Warehouse they have to offer, if you're familiar with it, you know how easy it is to get lost in the thousands of models that were created by people across the globe. I've actually started adding models that I've created over the past few years. Lastly another wonderful component that is offered is the Extensions Warehouse! Much like the 3D Warehouse, the Extensions Warehouse offers thousands of tool addons that can help streamline the creative process. I currently use the "Twilight Render" addon which adds a simple rendering element to the models, to make them appear more realistic and another extension I use is the "Mirror Object" extension, which basically copies the selected objects to the slected face!

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have with SketchUp Pro is that it will crash when preforming strenuous tasks (i.e. exploding objects, intersecting faces, etc.). I don't believe however this is really SketchUp's fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Invest in a 3D mouse! It makes moving around in SketchUp a breeze!

SketchUp gives us the ability to share a visualization of the product we are selling to our clients. Anyone that works in the architectural design industry knows how important it is to have visual designs present during a proposal presentation.

Arquitecto

"sketchup pro "

What do you like best?

n my opinion is the best 3d modeler that exists, is the closest to a pencil and paper that can exist in terms of programs has a number of fabulous tools because in addition to drawing allows you to open the perspective in three dimensions that perhaps in other programs cost a bit more, sketchup does it in a very simple way

What do you dislike?

looking for inconvenience I find that although for some cases it is a benefit in opportunities could play in the fact that they only have objects modeled only in the sketchup warehouse, on occasions the groups are badly done and sometimes it takes away beauty from the project but in There's nothing to complain about with this marvelous program

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a totally recommended application for architects and interior designers, it facilitates the visualization of textures and colors as well as accessories for a space. before downloading, you must take a course to be able to fully exploit all the functions of the program

The problems that I have solved with sketchup have been mostly of interior design, it offers a lot of opportunities to create, design and build a space and even transform it into something better, since I use it for educational and professional purposes, combining this program with others you can achieve wonders but sketchup staff alone without coplementarlo can raise a project and love any client with textures, objects colors among other things that makes it very realistic

3D Animator
Automotive
(10,001+ employees)

"Very useful for the development of 3d projects"

What do you like best?

It is surprising its ease of use and learning, I really like its interface, the tool palettes are very creative and work properly, the 3d warehouse is very useful to get add-ons already made by other users, to install extensions and add-ons is very useful for expand the tools available, even many are free and greatly improve the performance of the software to perform more complex jobs.

The renders with a good rendering engine are very good.

What do you dislike?

The camera tool for animations left me very disappointed, it is not professional and it is very inefficient, to model objects with very complex shapes you will have to use many tools and add many extensions to be able to work those forms correctly and get the expected result. It will take more time than estimated.

When you create complex projects you start to throw many errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a basic and useful modeler, very easy to learn and recommended to start creating simple 3d projects, you can incorporate plugins to improve the work when you already have some experience with the software to perform more complex and professional projects.

It is a useful tool to model some mechanical parts that are not very complex and the software allows me to develop them very fast and then export it to other complementary softwares, it is efficient to import plans and model the 3d based on the inserted and scaled plans.

Senior Project Manager
Retail
(10,001+ employees)

"3d design in a very short time easily."

What do you like best?

it is interesting its interfaces because it is very simple and the commands are very easy to learn, its toolbar has very good performance to make an easy, simple and very fast design, it can get you out of trouble if what you need is to work fast in A 3d model.

the 3d warehouse is very useful both to import and to generate your own library of models, that makes the work much easier and I think it's great.

What do you dislike?

Although it is a very useful program I have been dissatisfied in many aspects of design and 3d modeling, its capacity is limited if you want to enter the world of complex shapes, curves, spheres and irregular shapes, that makes when designing mechanical parts , furniture and objects that require a more dedicated and complex work, the program does not meet the expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If what you need is to make a 3d model of a complex object with irregular shapes, you could complicate it a lot using Sketchup, in that case it will be advisable to use other programs that are specialists and have tools for modeling complex shapes

When simple designs are made with straight and orthogonal shapes, the ideal software is Sketchup, it allows us to make different furniture and insert it into spaces to create environments and scenarios that are necessary to implement advertising renders.

Being a flexible program allows you to import files from other programs such as 3d Max and export flat models to Auto CAD facilitating the implementation of several programs in parallel.

Industrial Designer
Design

"Weekly User for Construction Documentation and Carpentry"

What do you like best?

There is a huge library of other 3D Modeling, and the ability to create our designs and then flesh out the rest of the model with extra help from other designers and their work is essential, creating a space that has the components that will actually be in our space is something that is invaluable to our customers and ourselves. We have found that the LayOut portion of this program suite is also essential to our workflow as of right now-- where we can create shop drawings for our fabrication department.

What do you dislike?

The line-based programing does not lend itself to actual 3D modeling at all. It is difficult to get some low-level organic forms and to work in this program to get high-resolution forms that are able to be cut on our CNC.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider AutoCAD and other architectural-based programs. This is the lighter version of these forms of software, and there are many ways this could become more precise.

We are solving the issues of having no consistent shop drawing formats or systems for our fabrication. We are able to add more detail, more measurements, and more information quicker than ever, and turn our drawings and models into real pieces in less time than ever before.

Diseñador de arquitectura

"It is a software that allows 3D modeling of buildings, landscapes, scenarios, furniture, people. "

What do you like best?

It is a super practical and easy to use software, I love the simple with which I can design a house in minutes and likewise an industrial piece. It fits in a good way to anyone, because it has an instruction that explains what each function is for. It is compatible with many CAD and 3D design programs.

What do you dislike?

That it is recommended to have a computer with enough memory space so that at the moment of using the software it is fast, feasible and efficient; because this is not the case, the process is usually later than when drawing or designing in said program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend SketchUp For its ease, versatility and rapids when it comes to using it, to people who are initiating in the 3D design; Whether students of the subject, professionals or if they are autonomous with desire to learn something new .. Since it gives you the ease of learning by doing.

As an engineering student, he has helped me in the world of 3D quickly and easily. In the same way in the labor field, at the moment of creating a design for a client, the process is faster and can be shown in different designs in a matter of minutes, since it is very easy to use and very practical.

Architec

"Bring your projects to life"

What do you like best?

Sketchup is the best modeling program in 3D because it offers you a host of tools that are very easy to use and also will always give you the best results. Its basic commands are extremely simple and also functional, its interface is great and the way in which you can organize toolbars is simple. It is a software that can work hand in hand with many others since you can import and export files of multiple formats, png, jpg, dwg, among many others. You can add materials easily, you can edit them, you can even create your own materials. It has a library of blocks and components that has an extensive gallery of these. The best thing about sektechup is that it gives you many extensions and add-ons that make your work easier when modeling and giving life to your projects in 3D.

What do you dislike?

The way in which the camera moves when orbiting in the drawing site can be a bit cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the best 3D editing program to make your projects easy, impeccable, very fast and of the best quality and professional level.

With sketchup we raised and modeled any type of projects, either design or redistribution, we defined the spaces and we usually found possible inconveniences that were not seen in the 2D drawings, this incredible software helps us too much since it provides very good results at the moment to model the projects of the company.

Arquitecto

"Sketchup pro a program for fast modeling."

What do you like best?

I like it to be a program where modeling can be done very easily.

To make a basic model, that is, a conceptual model of the project is very efficient because it allows you to lift volumes with great ease and speed to draw, since I work with other programs such as autocad.

To make a more complex model, structures or complete buildings, the external or internal design is very simple to use to obtain incredible results, apply materials and the geographical disposition of the element.

As for the production of animations, it is a bit more complex, but to make captures, it is easier to define the views that you want to show.

What do you dislike?

The main thing that displeases me about the program is that it is not possible to render the model beforehand, but it is necessary to have a program to process it as V-ray installed. In the same way as the conflict that exists with the program when the model is very heavy, for example when it is necessary to make urban models at high speed or in a basic way, even without complex materials, the file tends to be very heavy, force the computer memory and hinder the use of the program to capture animations or images of the model.

Also the need to install several plugins to make pieces or meshes more complex, restricting the modeling to more orthogonal figures.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is recommended that there is a preview of rendering, something very light that can be removed with speed for express samples of the product, likewise the rendering of the animations.

It has been very useful to make quick presentations for the sale of a product, also for the presentation by means of animations of the buildings and that the client can have an idea of the implementation in a context. With the use of animations it has been possible to make explanatory and sample videos of the products.

Technical Director
Events Services

"The Best Answer for Pre-visualization - Both Features and Value"

What do you like best?

SketchUp is approachable, as far as 3D modeling and previs tools go. You don't need to take a collegiate course to get started creating renderings and sharing them with your team. And the price point makes it a great choice.

What do you dislike?

There are some idiosyncrasies of SketchUp, such as how a face must be part of a component to avoid colliding with another face when placed next to each other. But they're easily understandable and can be worked around.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a powerful, cost-effective tool for previsualizing or 3D sketching, this is the one.

My team uses SketchUp to visualize venues and temporary installations to insure we are meeting client needs. Prior to production, existing venues are carefully rendered in SketchUp and our work is modeled inside of them to show the client what their project will look like.

We use SketchUp in the sales process to gain client support for concepts and to demonstrate value. And then we use SketchUp throughout the process to insure the we are building structures that fit and meet lal requirements, both regulatory and artistic.