4.6 out of 5
Do you work for Sketch?

Sketch Reviews & Product Details

Sketch review by Adaoha O.

"Awesome tool! "

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of Sketch and how easy it is to learn. I love the community behind it and all the support and plugins.

What do you dislike?

I can't think if what i don't like much about the tool in all honesty. Maybe if it had a bit more options and tools like illustrator, but then again, it might make it more bulky and lose it's slick UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It might seem a bit complicated at first, or maybe a little underwhelming depending on your background or what tools you've previously worked with, but give this tool a chance. Once you get the hang of it, the rest is a breeze. It makes your workflow so much faster and it's Invision integration is second to none. Granted there are third party plugins you can install to do a whole platter of things, especially Craft. This plugin allows your Sketch workflow and Invision to work seamlessly together. The way the art boards work is amazing, especially depending on the type of device you're working on, Sketch gives you starting dimension and icons, and components. Lastly, do not let the price hinder you from trying the product. More and more companies are catching on, and soon it might very well become THE "industry standard".

Sketch allows for quick prototyping so it helps save time and allows for less resources to be used. It's better to work in Sketch and run usability tests, than to code and then go backwards.

What is Sketch?

Sketch is the definitive tool for digital design. From its powerful vector editor to its expansive plugin ecosystem, Sketch has everything you need to get started on your next project. Now with prototyping built-in, Sketch makes it easier than ever to take your designs from ideation through to realization, without ever leaving the app, and, with Shared Libraries on Sketch Cloud you can create, share and collaborate on designs with everyone on your team, no matter where they are. Over one million designers — from freelancers, to some of the largest companies in the world — use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products, every day.

Sketch Screenshots

Sketch Reviews

1-50 of 882 total Sketch reviews
Sketch review by Kate B.
Product Designer

"10/10 Tool For UX/UI Design"

What do you like best?

Since I've tried Sketch, I've used it every day! It's very easy to use and allows for customization and convenience for designers. Symbols are one of my favorite features of Sketch because when designing for a large scale product, I am able to repeat components on every artboard and update them as needed without spending hours doing so. Another great feature is the Sketch Data. I work at a company that requires lots of dummy profiles to be incorporated in the product, so this feature allows me to quickly insert fake profile photos, names and info with ease instead of having to come up with it on my own.

What do you dislike?

Sketch does have a bit of a learning curve at first, especially if you are used to products like Adobe Creative Suite. It took me a while to fully learn the interface and all of the fantastic keyboard commands but once I did, can't say there's much I dislike about the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've looked at other tools on the market after using Sketch for a few years (Figma, InVision Studio, etc.) and I still find Sketch to be the best tool for Product Design or UX/UI Design.

Sketch allows for a quick and easy process for designing mockups and prototyping them. Before Sketch, I was using Adobe Illustrator to do so and it took me twice as long to produce mockups, that were half as good.

Sketch review by Sydney K.
Digital Media Advisor
Higher Education

"An Easier Alternative to Photoshop"

What do you like best?

Sketch is one of the easiest editing and design applications I have used on my Mac laptop. With a discount for student purchasing, I have used sketch to create static prototypes for web design projects. The app allows the user to make artboards of different sizes in order to best design for a specific dimension (I.e. apple tablet, samsung galaxy, A4 paper size, etc.) Additionally, Sketch can be used with a plug-in called Craft to upload and automatically sync the prototypes to an InVision prototyping board, which then can be used to include interactivity.

What do you dislike?

The only aspect I dislike about Sketch is the price, but when compared to other similar applications it is one of the main inexpensive options that still performs as well as other top competitors

I am solving business problems of static prototyping for web design projects. This includes prototyping, making sitemaps, and creating symbols to use throughout other image-based projects.

Sketch review by James D.
Head of Creative

"Never thought I would stray from Photoshop"

What do you like best?

Sketch can be as simple or complex as you want it. Coming from Photoshop I found the switch a bit strange at first as keyboard shortcuts were different, but the more I used Sketch the more I realised I'd been using the wrong tool for web design for a long time.

I now use Sketch for pretty much all elements of screen design. I find the interface easy to use and the ability to create simple or complex symbols is a very useful tool for the kind of designs I work on.

What do you dislike?

Having to do a lot of word-heavy designs I feel the offering of text formatting is weak, such as columns, bulleting text within a block etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with it, if you're switching from Photoshop or similar it will take some time to learn but it's worth it in the long run.

We use Sketch combined with Craft/Invision to quickly mockup new websites/concepts and it definitely wows the client. It gives them something tangible to see and interact with. Without Sketch the process would be laborious and time-consuming.

Sketch review by Brandon C. M.
Product Designer

"Best UI Tool in the Industry"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to pick up, with little or no experience you can start creating UI wireframes/prototypes. If there's not a feature in Sketch already, there are hundreds of plugins that will likely help you accomplish whatever it is you're trying to accomplish. It's also great for creating vector graphics and I prefer it much more than something like Adobe Illustrator. There is also a seemingly endless number of free resources for sketch that can be found online, which makes it a strong application for that reason alone. It's also innexpensive when compared to some other similar programs. Updates are often and always make improvements for the better.

What do you dislike?

Prototyping is still a little weak, and creating animations in Sketch requires an external plugin. I would like more prototyping features to create higher fidelity prototypes. Version control does not come out of the box, so an external tool like Abstract is almost required if you're working on the same project with multiple people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend looking at Figma or InVision Studio before committing to Sketch. They are both great alternatives, but it's all about finding what works best for you and your company. I'd recommend Sketch if you're on a budget (even if you're not, I'd still recommend it), but you still want access to thousands of free resources online.

I use Sketch for all of my UI wireframes/mockups for all of the products that we support. It's my main tool and I couldn't do my work without it. Sketch Cloud makes it easy to share prototypes or artboards with everyone in the company or any stakeholders.

Sketch review by Jaclyn W.
Visual Designer
(10,001+ employees)

"Fast and capable prototyping"

What do you like best?

Sketch has become my main source for designing and prototyping. The symbols libraries and large scaling artboards allow for complex designs. There are also so many plugins that help your work speed and efficiency. They do constant updates and releases, which always provide new benefits or improvements.

What do you dislike?

Still not as valuable as Adobe Illustrator when it comes to vectors or illustrating. They're working on this a bit more, and seem to be gaining value with every release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give Sketch a try. If you're familiar with Adobe Illustrator, then you'll have an easier time adapting. The commands are a bit different, which can cause a bit of a learning curve. But there are plenty of tutorials and videos on the internet to help learn it.

Large scale product prototyping. Being able to have "almost" unlimited dartboards and pages, it helps organize your file significantly.

Sketch review by Nati A.
Senior UX Architect and Team Lead
Financial Services
(10,001+ employees)

"The most awesome program for UI design"

What do you like best?

I love Sketch. Not being a former Adobe user, I learned this program from scratch. It took me really a few hours to be up and running. The possibilities are awesome for UI design. The best is the combination with different plugins specially Zeplin, assets export and usage of symbols. I'm in love with it. The pricing is totally fair. Leave Adobe and move to Sketch, don't think twice.

What do you dislike?

Choosing the layers and editing different things, still gets a little messy. But it has done a long way and the program keeps being updated, so I'm sure this will be solved too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to retouch pictures or print, then Adobe is still the way to go. However, if your work involves web and mobile, Sketch will cover all your needs faster, in a best performance and much cheaper price.

The export of assets for different apps and mobile sizes is very easy now. Also the usage of vectors allows us to design in 1x and export to all the relevant sizes.

Sketch review by Keilani M.

"The UXer essential"

What do you like best?

Where do I even start? As a ux design practioner, I use sketch everyday almost all day. It’s what I use to wireframe, design, and prototype. The tool keeps getting smarter. The shortcuts, plugin compatibility, symbols in a design system, and ability to link to invision are my favorite parts of sketch. I must not forget the conversion tool;uploading is made super easy. I move quickly in this program.

What do you dislike?

It doesn’t happen as much, but sketch used to have problems syncing to invision. The only issues I Ever have are when it crashes - so more technical issues. But when it comes to features and capabilities, Sketch is a leader for designing flows and screenshots something I would like to see is better prototyping abilities. Proto.io and principle are leading the way and I’d love for sketch to catch up in that area!

As a product designer, I’m constantly identifying pain points and opportunities with our customers. In order to make our products better, it takes going back to the drawing board, and that drawing board is sketch. I’ve realized I can get a proof of concept done quickly with sketch which excels the product process all the way through to delivery step efficiently.

Sketch review by Aakash M.
Graduate Design Assistant
Design

"Hands down the best interaction design tool for UX design"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the interface has the least learning curve. This is the best tool for designing digital apps and concepts.

What do you dislike?

The animation and interaction features are very static unlike competitors like InVision studio and principle. Also, some of the complex features like overrides are not well explained and take a lot of time to get used to or even learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is by far the best interaction design product for digital designers. However, it is pricey and might be affordable for students. SO, you can consider other options like Adobe XD, Figma, InVision Studio, etc., to start and getting into UX design.

I use it to build my design concept UIs and quick mockups for presentation and testing. It is easy to use and literally anyone who knows how to use a computer would understand how to use this.

Sketch review by Sandy C.
Visual Designer

"Sketch"

What do you like best?

I like being able to create multiple artboards in the sketch file and being able to move it around and create lots of buttons and features with ease. I also like being able to upload vector files on there. It makes it easy to create multiple wireframes and prototypes all in one sketch file. I like being able to create symbols as well. It really makes it easy to recopy it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it snaps to grid because it makes the spacing off. I get frustrated trying to mask things like how I can mask things in illustrator easily. I hate that I have a hard time detecting the layer underneath the current layer and how to bring the bottom layer to the top. When I first started, it was very hard to use because I would accidentally use shortcuts from illustrator thinking it was similar to it. When you have lots of layers it gets tricky especially when you mask because in order to remove the mask you have to click ignore underlying mask, but sometimes it doesn't quite work and it becomes frustrating and you will have to import the image again. Sometimes the symbols doesn't quite match with the spacing on another artboard or I did something wrong and when you create so much symbols, it gets really confusing. I hate that you have to click and enter to direct select while in illustrator you have a direct selection tool. I think they should fix these kinks and make it easier for you to work faster without having these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Axure

Like I mentioned, sketch makes it easy for you to create multiple artboards at once and create lots of symbols. Makes it easier to export all the assets and prototype all at once so you have hand all the designs assets to the software developer.

Sketch review by Ross G.
COO

"The best soft for design ever"

What do you like best?

This soft is built for designers by designers. They really know what do we need to create great projects. I used to use Adobe Illustrator for designing websites, but one day my friend suggest me to try Sketch. I thought it would be hard to start with a totally new soft, but not. It is so simple, that people who don't understand what is web design is, can easily learn how to create simple elements in Sketch.

I tried to use Figma for a few days, but at the moment it is not so great as Sketch.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the soft runs out and doesn't save the layouts for last 1 or 2 minutes. It is a pity, but it happens. I can't say that I dislike something in Sketch. Everything is really perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore its plugins and subscribe to the channels which teach to use its all functions.

I am a designer and a brand manager in the SAAS company named mssg.me. Every day I face a necessity to design a few new pages for the service or design a presentation. The Sketch is always opened on my Dock. I use it for at least 7 hours per day.

Sketch has a lot of integrations, which help me to do my work better and faster. I have installed some plugins, they help me to export my layouts to the developers or faster make repeated operations.

Sketch review by Lindsey G.
Web/UX Designer

"Easy to Use Application Design Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create symbols within Sketch to utilize throughout mockups. They're a great way to utilize components in multiple places and only have to update it once. I absolutely love the ease of creating artboards, and the workflow around different viewpoints and versions. Also, a very under-appreciated aspect of Sketch - is the autosave!

What do you dislike?

The ability to create a style guide for items in my artboard. Sketch should be able to have a designated set of styles that are implemented in the same way that symbols are in the program. Not having layering was weird to get used to, coming from Adobe software its handled a bit differently, but overall it's the same theory. Also, making layer masks within sketch requires you to retrain your brain about how masking works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're coming from Adobe, this is an easy transition. If you're not sure what program to use for design and you're choosing Sketch, there is little onboarding within the platform itself, but a good community of users that have made plenty of tutorials for getting started and what to expect. Overall, I would say the integration within InVision is a huge prototyping bonus, and it really is a much better tool for application design than Illustrator or Photoshop.

We utilized Sketch for a website redesign project handed off to us by an outsourced designer. From there we worked within the program to create styles, additional assets, components, and ultimately pages for desktop and mobile designs.

Sketch review by Nick P.
Sr. Designer
(Myself Only)

"I love Sketch and it's improved my workflow soooooo much"

What do you like best?

It's a super well thought out program, specifically for web / interface design. It's got prototyping included, which is awesome. It makes it super easy to design multiple screensizes in one document, and very easy to export images. I really love the fact that it gives you the CSS for the type as well. It also makes it easy to repeat text styles and symbols, and edit every instance of them afterword. It's greatly improved my workflow.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found anything that I don't like yet. There aren't many image editing options, but I expected that, so I just bring something in from Photoshop. I'm sure I'll find something nit-picky in the future, but for now, I'm loving it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product. It's well thought out, and made specifically for web/interface design.

As I mentioned, it's greatly improved my workflow. I can have all of the pages of a site, and the different screen sizes, in one document, and then if I need to change a header, or symbol, I can edit it in one place, and it effects all of the pages. In the past I'd have to open up multiple different files and make the same changes multiple times.

Sketch review by Helio C.
Senior Product Designer

"Many tools are emerging, but only Sketch does the right thing"

What do you like best?

The simplicity, integration . with other apps, and mainly the plugins that give a certain customisation for each type of user.

Symbols are one of the best things on Sketch and helps to create a really good Design System by applying Atomic Design concept.

Layout and Grid settings are great for creating a high standard design..

What do you dislike?

Sketch still misses the rich interactive elements. It's implemented a way to prototype between one screen and another, but not with one element of the screen or a prototype that allows a richer interactive for User Testing. Symbols are amazing, but hard to manage them when there are a lot of symbols.

There is a feature for respnsive design, but, it's quite basic and does not link to different breakpoints when one element of the screen might go to a different place according to users device resolution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% recommended for Visual Design rather than a rich prototype. It is also the easiest tool, in my opinion, to learn how to design for mobile products.

- Time to market | Help to create really fast a prototype.

- Learning Curve | Even non-designers learned really fast Sketch.

- Sharing | As it integrates with InVision, it easy to share with a customer.

- When integrated with Abstract, solves the problem of two or more Designers working on in the same project.

Sketch review by Chris A.
Head of UX

"The best app for for digital product design"

What do you like best?

Sketch has exactly what you need in order to produce high-fidelity, vector-based designs for digital products. There is a healthy ecosystem of plugins that allow you to extend it's functionality even further. With native prototyping functionality, you're able to quickly test out and get feedback on ideas before they ship to the customer.

What do you dislike?

The newest update to the Sketch UI has made some basic actions hard to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd give the Sketch trial a chance. Find some basic mobile UI screens and build them out using a variety of tools until you feel confident that Sketch is the right solution.

I've used Sketch for over 3 years and have found the speed of ideation to be the best benefit to our team. We're NOT doing photo manipulation in the app (and it's not built for it).

Sketch review by Doug W.
Co-Founder

"My favorite digital design tool!"

What do you like best?

The best part about Sketch is that you can create mockups and art boards in a couple of minutes. It really allows me to make iterations on my designs quickly and easily. Another great feature is the ability to wireframe app demos and display them to a device.

What do you dislike?

Although it has tons of great features it does lack a lot of add on apps available with Adobe products. The only real flaw for me is that it is strictly a digital design tool, I wish I was able to craft T-Shirt or print designs in Sketch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best for small teams looking for a great way to create designs.

It has made creating projects much faster and easier. The number of useful shortcuts it has are on par with most design products.

Sketch review by Nishant S.
Software Engineer/Founding Team Member
Internet

"Simply awesome!"

What do you like best?

The ease at which everything is accessible and just works out of the box is something none of the other design apps have. Sketch stands out when it comes to doing design in terms of UI. One more thing that I liked the support for various plugins, because if there was something that Sketch couldn't do, there would always be a plugin available that could do the same. It is a powerhouse when it comes to managing assets since they brought in the symbols support, which makes life so much easier to handle a group of design elements.

What do you dislike?

The limited support for export options and the subscription model they switched to for using the product, because of which I switched to Adobe XD recently. One more thing that stood out as a problem was that the product for me cannot handle when the file size increases and it typically freezes for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is really the defacto in the industry and one of the easiest to work with. I would recommend this to people who prefer the subscription model if this product.

I typically freelance and have designed various design prototypes for startups and companies alike. The ability to iterate quickly as the demands changes have been really helpful for me while designing those prototypes. The clients tend to make a lot of changes in the design and being able to react to those with a version they like is of huge importance to me.

Sketch review by Oscar D.

"Best app for digital design, specially for mobile apps"

What do you like best?

- Clean and intuitive design

- Very easy to export to all image file vector formats I use daily (pdf, svg)

- A lot of very useful plug-ins (extensions)

- Its bundled with templates for mobile and web designs

- Can be connected to Invision (invisionapp.com) for fast prototyping

- Lightweight and optimized compared to other apps like Adobe Illustrator

- Quick preview on devices (iOS & Android)

What do you dislike?

- Currently only available on Mac

- Missing included features for doing animations for mobile apps (as with Lottie)

- Doesn't have a dark (night) mode

- Too little options for image editing (filters)

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion it's currently the best app for designing mobile apps. There are other new competitors as Invision Studio or Adobe XD trying to recover customers but so far I still found Sketch the most complete and professional solution for this.

I use it mainly for designing and prototyping mobile apps (iOS and Android)

Sketch review by Fernanda N O.
Graphic Designer
Higher Education

"Amazing Software for UI and UX"

What do you like best?

Sketch is a very easy and intuitive software to use and helps users create several interfaces in a few minutes. Users can work on multiple artboards at the same time and have the desktop, tablet and mobile versions of the layout in the same file, which can be very practical if there is a need to change some details on the design of the interfaces.

What do you dislike?

The software gets a lot of updates in short periods of time, which is a bit annoying since you get that same notification a lot of times when you open Sketch. Apart from that, there is nothing bad about the software itself or in need of improvement that I can think about now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new to UI and UX, Sketch is a very easy software to learn and help you get to a professional level. Sketch has several features, as the mirroring interfaces to a mobile device or the export settings to save SVG icons or transparent PNG images without the necessity of using another software. Also, there are several interface templates for users to create wireframes and design mockups in a fast pace and help users be more accurate and fast at their work.

It helps create different versions of the interfaces very quickly, so you can test the best design and usability. Also, it can export icons and images in several formats, such as SVG, PNG, and JPEG.

Sketch review by Luke S.
Freelance Designer
Graphic Design

"You can finally ditch adobe for your UX design!"

What do you like best?

Sketch is lightweight (in terms of impact on your machine). So gone are the days of massive photoshop or illustrator files for your UX and UI design.

Sketch is focused on the work I do and helps me quickly create pixel-perfect designs for my dev team!

What do you dislike?

The Creative Cloud has figured something out that Sketch has not, username licensing. The license is per machine, which makes working remote a little tough, if I don't have my machine, I am simply SOL.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Leverage your shared libraries before you get too far in!

We do our entire UX process with Sketch. The way it works with InVision allows for quick concept testing. The symbols are a great repository for our design language. The interface allows for pixel-perfect design.

Sketch review by Miguel P.
Director of Products

"Excellent design application for MacOS"

What do you like best?

It is the design tool that many were waiting for. It is really easy to use and efficient.

If you are a good designer you will make great use of this tool.

It is custom made to be the best design tool for making mobile and web applications. I have seen some people use it to create awesome vector art.

There are a lot of available plugins to extend its functionality.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that would make web design easier, and the team is adding them, but the speed of their additions is not good enough. Still, they are working very hard and adding changes almost every month.

The lack of velocity on fixing and adding new features is compensated by the awesome community that builds great plugins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can not go wrong if you choose this software.

Designers love this tool, they communicate and make awesome work with it. The developers also like it because it allows them to export the things they need for their development (SVG, jpegs, pngs, etc).

Sketch review by Taly M.
Senior UI & UX Designer
Design

"I'm truly loving Sketch"

What do you like best?

The thing I love about Sketch is how fast it is, I used to take minutes to save a large document using Photoshop but with Sketch it usually takes a few seconds. Second thing I love about sketch is the Symbols. it makes my life much easier when I am having to deal with many different screens that has same/similar items. Another thing I really like about Sketch is how it works pretty well with proto.io and Zeplin.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to even think of something bad about sketch, since I started using it it only took me a few days to start getting the understanding of how it works. The only thing I can think of that I used to be able to quickly do on photoshop is quick photo editing. If I had to say another thing it would be the lack of templates and resources that can be found when working with sketch, but I've noticed in the past year that a lot has been added to the libraries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are familiar with Photoshop you will quickly understand how Sketch works. After using and loving photoshop for over 15 years I made the switch and I am very happy about it.

The business solutions we use Sketch for is User Experience Design. There is a lot of benefits including how it connects with products such as Zeplin which makes it easier to share assets with developers and other departments.

Sketch review by Lauren G.
CEO

"The new industry standard for UI design, design systems, and prototyping"

What do you like best?

This is tailor-made for designers who screen-based interfaces. It is easy to use, has a whole marketplace and community of plugins that add superpowers to the base interface. It is incredibly affordable and the team is constantly improving the application from version-to-version.

What do you dislike?

It can become a bit slow and buggy and said awesome plugins can cause some headaches when exporting to other services via plugins (plugin conflict). I wish it had better font and typography settings as well as color overrides for symbols and text styles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a big community of sketch users on YouTube and elsewhere to teach you all you need to know. Once you understand the basics of the program, it is incredibly easy to quickly create designs. Shortcuts are your friends!

Building design assets for client and internal projects.

Sketch review by Ryan L.
Sr. Growth Product Manager

"Great tool for designers and non-designers alike"

What do you like best?

I'm a PM who uses Sketch for quick (not pixel-perfect) mockups of new features, marketing changes, test ideas, etc. - and Sketch facilitates a lightning fast workflow for folks who live and die by keyboard shortcuts like me.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few larger feature changes over the last few product updates that have messed with my workflow (i.e - I export a slice of all my artboards to show engineers the comparison between old and new features. It used to be that artboard names would appear in those exports, now they no longer do, and I need to add titles to my artboards manually)

Easy communication between product managers and engineers, and ease of communicating ideas up the chain.

Sketch review by Caleb H.
VP of Product

"Design for digital"

What do you like best?

Sketch is design software rethought through the lens of creating digital products, and seems especially relevant to modern frameworks like React. What I mean is that in the same way that you build components once and use them everywhere, Sketch allows you to design that way. You can create components (they call them symbols, similar to Illustrator) and then use them all over the place. When you drop a symbol into a design, you can use overrides to swap out text or nested symbols. The result is that you start thinking about your design in a way that helps inform development.

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to get the hang of how to get the most out of it. For example, how to properly create nested symbols in a way that makes the end component super reusable, or how to name symbols in a way that folds them into sets.

When I pair Sketch with UXPin, I can easily create and update prototypes and interactive mockups for app development. There's a plugin that pushes directly from Sketch into UXPin, so I can create a prototype and then update it with a button click (not even losing my interactions in UXPin). Brilliant.

Sketch review by Cristina Marie C.
Senior Web Designer and Developer
Higher Education

"Sketch - an OCD designer's best friend!"

What do you like best?

As someone who likes both design and code, Sketch is the easiest way for me to be pixel perfect without having to actually develop. In using other programs, it's always been "close but not quite" and it had been easier to just half-build already before handing it over to the programmers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of prompts there are to update. It would be easiest if there was a way to just allow automatic downloads instead. I also feel the preset artboards for device widths aren't as up to date. I also don't like that you can't sync it to the cloud for versioning

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's always worth to try new programs to compare and contrast the same workflows and processes you have so that way you either find new ways to improve or you reaffirm how effective your current product is.

The problems we're solving is being able to create clean and quick designs that can be used for rapid prototyping. We're also able to have the designers on the team use the same software so that we can easily collaborate and switch between projects when necessary

Sketch review by Irvin D.
Digital Marketing Specialist

"Absolutely love this software!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about this software is almost everything! No joke. I like that is is build for web/mobile/modern graphic designers. Not only that but also enjoy that's very intuitive to use and it's built natively for mac so it works super smooth and fast.

What do you dislike?

I know this software is not made from print but there comes times when you need to design something that will be used for print such as stickers, business cards, etc. and I just wish I could use this software to do that but unfortunately, it doesn't support CYMK color.

I'm using this software to design anything from web design, mobile applications, infographics, business cards, etc. etc. and the best part is that it's super easy to use.

Sketch review by Eric S.

"Pretty great."

What do you like best?

So I used to use Photoshop and Illustrator CC exclusively, and even when it came to web design, I primarily liked to stick to these products to get a visual feel and hire a developer to create the actual site for me.

Sketch actually made this process really simple for me- I don't have to worry about making dummy content, its plugins really help you create what you need and lets you expedite the process.

What do you dislike?

One thing I don't really like about the software is that the hotkeys are different from Adobe products. I understand it's not Adobe, but I wished hotkeys were universal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it, it'll make everything easier in terms of UI design. If you're doing more print work, you don't really need to venture into it as much.

I'm currently doing all wireframing with Sketch now. I create UI designs exclusively on Sketch and stick with Photoshop and Illustrator for more print related work.

Sketch review by Joseph I.
UX Designer

"Great program for a specific use"

What do you like best?

The infinite artboard is the primary reason I use Sketch. There are a lot of programs which will not allow the user to make the artboard the size they want but this is one of Sketch's strongest features.

Premade device sizes is a lifesaver when trying to create a quick mockup of something.

All of the plugins is really a primary reason to use Sketch. While some of the things should already be built into Sketch, the plugins make life a lot easier.

What do you dislike?

Not having HSB when creating a swatch color. This is my go-to way of editing a color but now I have to go into another program and get the hex value of a color and put it into Sketch. Going along with not having HSB, not having a dedicated swatches panel makes using the program and finding a color a lot more difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to another person if they are using this product for very specific things.

I am trying to create design deliverable using Sketch. Currently, I use this program to create user flows.

Sketch review by Paul W.
Vice President of Product

"I Was Debating Re-learning Illustrator or Trying Sketch"

What do you like best?

About a decade ago (I'm old) I used Illustrator to do some basic design work for sales materials and UI mock-ups. Recently I decided to get back to editing icons, UI components, etc. and before I took the Adobe plunge I tried the Sketch free trial. It's amazingly easy to learn. Specifically the pen tool and layers features have been reworked to be more intuitive. Also it's pretty affordable and doesn't have a complex license system like Adobe.

What do you dislike?

I think they are improving their integrations with products like Invision to create clickable prototypes but the lack of a native solution (like Adobe XD) slows down the process of building prototypes. I still use Adobe XD for quick mocks that just need boxes and text with basic interactions. I head to Sketch when I need high fidelity or more complex mocks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy to demo, worth trying.

By being easier to learn it allows more collaboration outside of design. For example product and marketing can make edits, capture basic concepts and work independently of design.

Sketch review by jacob m.
Software Devloper

"Sketch is the essential and easy tool to design UI "

What do you like best?

Even if I am not a pro UI designer, it is very easy for me to learn and efficient use the sketch. Very less memory consuming tool at the same time provision of number of good and useful features. Structure of files is very well maintained in it even if we have complex file view in our hierarchy. One key shortcuts are the best and reduce my time of work. I don't have to remember long shortcuts as usual in other similar tools. Community support for various awesome plug-ins is great and make me to stick to use this tool.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its very hard for me to cop up with new updates of the sketch. I have to remap symbols as well as UI kits. Other then that, I have not find any big issues in using sketch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sketch is very light weight and easy to use tool for designing complex UI prototypes. Even Non UI designers can use it very easily and come up with good UI designs. In that manner Sketch is worth considering.

With the integration Invision and craft I create the designs with the team for the product; and code them after. As I am a developer here but at the same time have a good taste in design too. With the help of sketch I can design quickly and convert my design prototype in coding environment.

Sketch review by Michael K.
Designer

"Design software for models and planning"

What do you like best?

As a designer, I like Sketch best for the simplicity and capability to mock up designs for the different architectural models that I create. It is simple to use and far easier than more advanced design software especially for the preliminary models and sketchups.

What do you dislike?

Sketch is not free and has a yearly cost. That is my main dislike about Sketch and also perhaps that it only works on Mac's and do not work on Windows computers so that adds additional cost when adding another user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sketch is a good piece of software that any company should try to use in their design processes.

The business problems I'm solving with Sketch is the ability for me to sketch up and mock up detailed diagrams and plans for the models that I have to create as a designer on a day to day basis. It has sped up the development time because we are not watercoloring on paper all the time by hand anymore and instead use this software to speed the process up.

Sketch review by Leigha M.
(Myself Only)

"Great product for UX/UI Designers! "

What do you like best?

Sketch has a very small learning curve if you have used any other design programs. It is very straight forward, has a lot of shortcuts and tons of free resources. I watched some of the videos they supply on their website to train myself and was using the program within an hour. I love how easy it is to use! I also love that I can use this program from the Mid-Fidelity wire framing stage all the way to the UI design phase.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the prototyping feature was a little more robust but compared to other similar programs this is definitely the best for wire framing and designing. Most of the things I have disliked about the program in the past have been resolved through updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would 100% recommend this product for UX designers. I prefer it over other comparable programs.

I am able to use one program from the mid -fidelity stage to the UI process as opposed to using multiple programs which has really been a time saver. Being able to change multiple elements throughout the project at one time has really helped me save time and offer more options to my clients.

Sketch review by Alena V.
Design Specialist

"A good program for vector graphics."

What do you like best?

I will say one thing - this is the best thing for UI development today, high-quality software and discarded all unnecessary support for third-party plugins that greatly simplify life and of course - ease of use and speed. Now it's a pleasure to work with interfaces! Just as well made posters, booklets and other promotional products in vector form, for other purposes yet...

Advantage: small weight, speed of work, high-quality interface and small finished weight of the project

What do you dislike?

Weird system the allocation of fragments, not always highlighted what you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software works exclusively on MacOS computers from Apple, so save up for Mac. The product costs only $100 and the payment is made only 1 time, all other updates are free!

The Internet has huge library of source code, icons, graphics, web pages, etc. For beginners I suggest to learn it in the sketch, because the learning rate is much higher than the counterparts.

The program weighs 27 megabytes, in the prescribed form 47mb, which allows you to create huge projects in one file with minimal weight and without glitches and friezes in the work.

Sketch review by Bryan S.
Head of Design
Internet

"My favorite UI Design Tool"

What do you like best?

I love Sketch because it was designed with designers in mind. The application is perfectly crafted for User Interface design unlike traditional tools such as Photoshop. Nested layers and the ability to create vector graphics make this an ideal tool to do anything from creating initial wireframes to designing a basic logo all the way to designing an entire application. The new library feature makes it great for developing a shareable design system.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that it is still in its nascency and has a lot more potential features that could be added. Currently, most of these features are being supplemented by plugins, which is a good solution for now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new to Sketch check out their amazing docs page https://sketchapp.com/docs/ or look up tutorials online. Sketch also has a great Slack community to get support and help with questions.

Designing enterprise-grade software user interfaces including flow diagrams, wireframes, mobile & web application interfaces.

Sketch review by Haissar P.
Director creativo

"A versatile UI design tool"

What do you like best?

Within a matter of 2 hours I can have custom presets made and being used in a wireframe. Additionally, this isn't like photoshop, you can export any vector based assets as svgs right on the spot, It's helpful to periodically browse the Sketch updates for new features, bug fixes, and plugins. This software is geared toward designing for screens and prototyping, and doesn't overwhelm you with loads of specialized features for other purposes.

What do you dislike?

Each time I begin a project, I have to start my symbol library from scratch, The process of finding and installing plugins for Sketch is pretty convoluted. While symbols is an awesome and necessary feature, it's painfully disorganized, also inability to save color palettes ans style library.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It makes the job easy for the designer and easy for the front end developers, Sketch is an excellent choice for designers who want software that evolves with current practices and standards.

allows to easily create and communicate web and mobile, It's easy to learn and quick to use. It will save you time and money

Sketch review by User in Investment Management

"Best contemporary design app for Mac users!"

What do you like best?

It is super lightweight and fast comparing to Illustrator and Photoshop. It is much easier to use and it is more intuitive. It took so much less time figuring everything out about it and getting a good grip of it. Despite its simplicity it is extremely powerful tool for working with vector graphics. It has unmatched outstanding integration with other apps and plugins. I always use it in conjunction with Zeplin when I need to upload my mockup online and make it more developer-friendly.

What do you dislike?

It has some bags and crashes, but don't worry, they are being constantly fixed and improved. Updates come out quite regularly, so it is not really an issue. Unfortunately, Sketch supports only MacBooks as of now, so Windows guys have to wait a bit more for it get released on their OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate, stop using Illutrator or whatever other design tools you are using and jump into Sketch right away. Trust me, you won't regret this move. You will only be asking yourself, how come that you did not do i sooner.

I use it for all of my design needs. I create different vector graphics and full-on mock-ups for websites. Sketch became my design tool number one. After switching to it from Illustrator my workflow improved drastically. It became so much better, faster and cleaner.