SimpleTexting

SimpleTexting provides Text Message Marketing and SMS Solutions that are Simple, Affordable & Effective!

Work for SimpleTexting?

Learning about SimpleTexting?

SimpleTexting Reviews

Ask SimpleTexting a Question
Showing 148 SimpleTexting reviews
Lindo J.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about SimpleTexting
Jerry L. H.

"SimpleTexting: Marketing with text messages."

What do you like best?

Simpletexting is a very interesting tool to carry out marketing campaigns using text messages, although this method of advertising is one of the oldest in the market, it is still valid and you can perform different campaigns, using these media, which is a feature that even all the people in the world use, the application of simpletext has special services for different types of campaigns, one of them preferred, are the automatic answers, that can be programmed in these messages, which allows to make the work faster and the client will receive the answer you want, at the time you want, through this system and along with other features of this tool you can develop different market studies, such as surveys, and different contexts by this means, in addition, that the application allows not only send text, if not images, which helps to have better developed campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it usually gives certain problems, with the import of csv files, where the contact lists are kept, sometimes the complete information on the contact lists is not loaded, and a manual verification must be done, which takes a long time, sometimes the messages can be marked as spam on the phones, although I am not clear that this is due, it happens on a few occasions, but it is something that can happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an ideal tool to launch all kinds of advertising campaigns, using text messages.

it is a different way of reaching people, in a medium so saturated with information, we can exploit, the media where there is not so much competition, which allows reaching new users.

What SMS Marketing solution do you use?

Hani S.

"Great texting service"

What do you like best?

This is the second service we've used for texting in the past two years and it works perfect, easy to use, new staff can quickly get acquainted with it, organized interface, secure data storage for our organization's contacts.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much we dislike, it can always be cheaper especially for non-profit 501C3 organizations like ourselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! We switched to it a few months ago and are very satisfied, we're not considering swtiching to any other service in the forseeable future. If you wish to save money and get your orgs message accross, this service is for you.

Easily apply credits to whatever texting campaign we're doing, very simple and user friendly that I didn't need any tutorials to figure it all out the first time. Texts are sent cleanly and quickly without any issues unlike other services we've used.

Joe H.

"Great SMS Broadcast Software on a Good Price Point"

What do you like best?

We have been using SimpleTexting for almost a year now and I appreciate the ease of use of the software. To get through the basic task of setting up an SMS campaign, sending it, and tracking responses, it does the job without making it difficult.

What do you dislike?

There have been a couple situations where the software was buggy, a screen wouldn't load or list counts were off. We were able to get quick help from support to resolve our issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be conservative on the number of text messages you expect to send per month and plan to send more than expected.

We were able to use SimpleTexting's API to integrate text messages into our onboarding process for one of our process. Using the API allowed us to save time and send a text message to our members right away.

Tedi S.

"SimpleTexting is a very Simple yet Powerful Tool"

What do you like best?

The interface is the best feature and the keyword selection comes next. We ran a company initiative that required us to communicate multiple users at once in real-time. SimpleTexting allows you to send out cental sms messages to a group and get their responses in real-time sent directly to your computer. You wouldn't believe how efficient it all is. They really do make it easy. Plus the cost is favorable for anyone to take advantage of.

What do you dislike?

You are limited to which shortcode you can use. I can see this being a problem for uses as SimpleTexting gets bigger. It would be great if you could recommend what shortcodes, that are close to what I want, are still available.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You have the ability to use SimpleText on a limited basis. You should definitely give it a try; will not be disappointed.

Reaching out to users and customers with interactive marketing campaigns.

Mike B.

"SimpleTexting is super awesome."

What do you like best?

The ease of use combined with the customer service team's willingness to help with whatever random questions I throw at them.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that more companies don't operate like SimpleTexting. And, if I'm being honest, that SimpleTexting doesn't offer a 5,000 text per month plan, since that would really be right in my sweet spot. But overall, there hasn't been much I've disliked so far, especially compared to other plans/companies I was looking into.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a need for text messaging, you'd be a silly fool not to use SimpleTexting to accomplish your goals. And I don't use the phrase silly fool lightly. I've known plenty of silly fools in my life, but I've now realized that those people were primarily silly fools BECAUSE they weren't using SimpleTexting, so now the world makes much more sense to me. Bottom line: SimpleTexting = Less dumbness in the world. Amen to that.

Engaging with our church congregation in a dynamic way that leads to positive results and applies more universally than JUST social media or JUST email.

Karen H.

"Happy!"

What do you like best?

I found it a little tricky getting used to it to be honest, but I was determined. Compared to other text-in apps this one was great for what I was looking for. What I found the most helpful was the conversations I had with the people on the other side of the messenger. I sent some pretty challenging questions and they were quick to respond and get back to me. They also provided a lot of extra credit while I attempted setting it up (I did a lot of texting in to figure it out).

What do you dislike?

The apps get a bit confusing. I wish we could use two at the same time.

We are using it to gather information from new people in our church. If they're new, they text the number with the keyword, then they get sent a coupon (on a URL from our website) and I follow up with them the following week with a "hi, welcome to our church!" type of convo.

James S.

"Great way to keep in touch with your customers "

What do you like best?

I love that you can keep in touch with my customers with just a text. My customers love the birthday app. I am able to send special coupons to my customers and give away some of my wax melts on their birthday. I also like the text 2 win app. It is a great way to keep my customers engaged.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike the most and wish they would fix is with the text to win app. You can’t use the same key word every time. If a customer texts the key word to be entered in the contest then the next time you want to run a promotion those people who had already entered that key word for the last giveaway won’t be entered because they are already part of that particular list. I wish they could fix this so I don’t have to have 15 different lists most of which have the same customers.

I am able to keep in touch with my customers. And drive them to my website.

Jacob M.

"Connecting - not Campaigning"

What do you like best?

We finally have confidence that our event invitations are reaching the schools, clubs and charities that asked to share in the box office of new Hollywood movies! Bulk email was failing everyone...

What do you dislike?

The platform is far superior to others we have used over the last 7 years. And it is always adding new features—perhaps the platform could add a "canned" reply section...? We have so many schools responding now that we could answer them faster perhaps with some copy & paste responses? (When we don't guide them to reply with a code...)

For many years we have been strictly email based—and for the sake of economics we still do our first mail-out through bulk email. But 40% bounce and then we have junk/spam folders to contend with. Now we follow up all the bounced and unopened emails with SMS texts to all of our schools and charities in the program.

Stephanie E.

"Positive Experience"

What do you like best?

How accessible the software is and how it is user friendly. In addition, they are adding features that I think will only enhance and make it more marketable

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to add emojis without being charged an additional fee. I think for pictures or gifs there should be an additional charge since it has more GBs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great product for the price and offers amazing support. It is easy to navigate and allows you to gain control of your campaigns making it beneficial for any business.

The only problem I have is that when someone sends a message back you have to check the website inbox. It would be nice to receive an email from SimpleTexting so that we know we received a message. Other than that I am very satisfied with the site.

Richard A.

"Straight forward and easy to use system"

What do you like best?

Love how simple the user interface is and everything is pretty self explanatory. I like that the messages get sent right away and dont need to be approved by someone before sending.

What do you dislike?

When you are trying to message users the system limits you to only one outbound message you can personally send to someone. This is a big inconvenience because when a user has a question or needs help we cannot help them through the texting server system.

We have been using SimpleTexting to promote events at the club that we have every weekend. We also use it as a coupon that guest show at the door for discounted entry. We have realized that the discounted entry is a great incentive for people to subscribe to our text.

McLean J.

"Simple, just as the name implies"

What do you like best?

I finally found a product that allowed us to have a keyword text back tool using our very own number. We have an unlimited list of keywords we can use for any activity or event at our church. This tool makes it super easy to promote anything to our congregation.

What do you dislike?

In order to have zero restrictions on our keywords, we chose (at not additional costs) to use our own phone number as the number people will text too. I would have preferred a short code like 463463 rather than our full 10 digit number.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I did a ton of research before selecting SimpleTexting. It truly is what the name implies. If you want a solution that is easy to train people how to use, simple to implement, and have quality support to guide you along the way. SimpleTexting is the solution.

As an example, I was out of town and we experience a glitch with the tool. I could run tests with support from my cell phone and we discovered the glitch was not them or us but was with Verizon. They reached out to Verizon to seek the best solution to move forward. The support team was thorough and great to work with.

Our primary use of this tool is to create another easy way for people to sign up things. Almost every single keyword textback has a link to a website or online form. But being able to simply say a keyword rather than a longer website address is awesome. It's becoming a part of every piece of advertisement we have for events and activities in our church.

Joshua E.

"Very easy to use and great support. "

What do you like best?

Very easy to set up for our needs. Reliable on a consistent basis. Our customers appreciate that the texts come though and work most of the time for their end users. The tech support has been extremely agile when we report issues resulting in very little down time.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Sometimes I have a hard time find a spicic code we set up in the past. So maybe a better search function unless I'm missing something. Other than that there isn't much to dislike. It's a very solid platform.

Making it easy for our for all of our customers to roll out their apps easily to thousands of their users. Our customers appreciate how easily it works and how quick and consistent texts come through.

Clark T.

"Great deliverability with SMS. The plat form is easy to use"

What do you like best?

The easy interface it has & the reliability day in and day out is great. We are now using it for 2 of our company's. The quick response of there tech team when you have question or issues. Addison Leatherman & Sean Mc Ternan are extremely knowledgable & can guide through every feature, options & work arounds.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could be aggregated across the messages for the month or day. That would be easier then exporting a file and manually tallying up everything. Also a report showing the most opt out times could be very beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get with there team and do in depths demos. They can teach you a lot that you might not have figured out alone.

We are now able to continually re-enguage with our users easier & directly with out all the in boxing issues from something like email.

Sam C.

"An easy-to-use texting platform"

What do you like best?

Simple Texting is well laid out and easy to use, it's easy to add users and create new campaigns. It's very easy for me to send text messages to large groups of people very quickly, and I can send to specific lists easily.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. I'd always love for it to be more inexpensive, but that's true for everything right? Oh also, one time I changed my plan and was charged twice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a text message solution, this seems like a fine choice.

It's super easy to talk with wide groups of people involved in our organization. We can send last minute information or corrections, we can discuss things with groups of people.

Jamison B.

"SimpleTexting Makes Regular Text Communication a Cinch"

What do you like best?

SimpleTexting really makes it easy to set up Autoresponders for lists so that you can drip content to your subscribers. It also makes it super easy to look at segments of your lists so you can cut the list as neccessary. It also has an easy to use interface.

What do you dislike?

I would like it if it were possible to create an auto-responder for whenever a subscriber texts us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great and easy to use text marketing tool. I particularly like the simplicity of the user interface.

We want to send content to subscribers regularly and this makes that super easy.

Sharon Y.

"Best texting application ever!!"

What do you like best?

It's a breeze to use and we love that we are able to import lists of contacts. We love that our patients can stay in contact with us at all times, to request appointments. They are also able to keep us informed of their progress after surgery and so much more. This is a great system. We feel as though our patients love this app as well as they are starting to use it more and more. We love that patients feel that this new texting system gives them more access to us, especially when there is a emergency situation.

What do you dislike?

wish our patients can text us even if we haven't texted them first. But not really a deal breaker.There is not much that we dislike about this application. we are very happy with how it functions and works with our daily routine.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this application!! You will be happy you did!

We are more connected to our patients, we are able to stay in contact with them during emergency situations and they seem to have more comfort in knowing we are just a text away. Even after we are closed for the day.

User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Simple Texting: A Must Have for Churches"

What do you like best?

I like the I can import lists directly into the software. Most of the time we have lots of sign ups for different church functions and its super simple to integrate the sign up list right into Simple Texting. I also love that I can schedule out several texts at one time. This allows me to make several texts up in one day for the week. Customer support was easy to reach and responded back in a timely manner. I also think the price is quite reasonable. We share this software with different ministries within the church and as long as we have different keywords, we can all send separate texts throughout the week. This keeps up timely and organized which is a blessing.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I do not like. I wish all participants were able to put their first and last name so I can correlate the number with the person, but that feature doesn't hinder the effectiveness of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

love it!

We were having issues with people responding back to the text without us knowing, but this was resolved when I called customer service and they set up my email to receive all incoming texts. I get to stay on top of all communication relating to the church congregants and the office.

Jackie D.

"Very helpful and understanding!"

What do you like best?

I love the instant chat with someone to help with my questions. Everyone is very friendly, helpful, understanding that I am not techy and easy to get along with! For what we need right now their price is definately best. The longest we have went to have them fix a problem was 1 day. They explain the reason something happened and how to either not have it happen again or how to fix it quickly by ourselves. On a phone call one day the gentleman and I sat and listened to a bird signing in his window and it was cool! Down to earth individuals who know their stuff!

What do you dislike?

Only 160 characters space to compose a message. I do a lot of abbreviations that we feel may not look professional since we are a college. Our shortcode is also used by another business here in town and at times we will get their messages for people signing up which in turn sends them our messages and then they block the number and don't receive anything from the main business they were trying for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use....give it a try!

Getting the word out to our students using today's technology. We will be looking into using more features that are available to help enhance our messages. A benefit is being able to see them on a screen and not on a phone and have to scroll through 180 replies!

Paola G.

"Very Good "

What do you like best?

Its super easy to create keywords and set up lists. Very intuitive in that way, and this is coming from someone who is tech challenged. Campaigns are easy to set up as well, and they send fast. My favorite part is that you can schedule them! Also that you can add pictures to all campaigns. I just wish they weren't so expensive

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way the inbox works. At all. This is the one down side.

When I sent my first campaign there were 1000 + messages in my inbox. I had to go through one x one message and "read them". There was no way to click them all at once and mark read. When I sent the next campaigns the inbox didn't get flooded. Looks like it got fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't text your customers or you will get charged extra.

I own a restaurant with a basement speakeasy. My events are about food, beverage, and live music/entertainment. My account got frozen because I sent an invitation to my guests to be part of another list about tastings. Very annoying. I also wish we could talk to the guests without being charged.

Its easy to see who from our customer base is interested in hearing from us.

"Use SimpleTexting to allow our customers to get a direct link to pay for paper order forms with a CC"

What do you like best?

I like the shortcode 555-888 the best. It is easy to remember.

What do you dislike?

When new numbers subscribe to a list there is no way to mark them all as read / viewed. We dont use the number to number texting all that often and to always see a 99+ bubble near our main list of subscribers that have not been contacted or viewed is annoying.

I would also like a way to be notified via email when my account is approaching the threshold for the current plan that I am on.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be creative with your shortcodes. When using the shared number most common / short keywords are already taken.

We use simple texting so our users can get a direct link to a page in our e-commerce web site that allows them to pay for items not ordered online with a credit card. We have seen a large jump in conversions on our paper order forms.

AH
Administrator in Higher Education

"Easy, reliable, transparent text messaging service, good for smaller users."

What do you like best?

The customer service with SimpleTexting is really good. Via chat, in person, or on the phone, they talked us through even the simplest questions. I also like that it's a manageable service for our size and use needs. We look forward to finding new ways to use the service too.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard could be more visually helpful. Some things like billing are almost hidden. The inbox is confusing. The contacts who opt out could have an opt-out date perhaps.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great service. I was concerned about some of the other services out there seeming like scams or not real people. We've even met a Simple Texting employee and spoken to them on the phone and chat. They are good people ready to help you.

To start, we are improving awareness and attendance of events. We are able to communicate timely information to people who wish to hear from us more. We also are seeing that when we promote the text event reminders at events, people who otherwise might not sign up for emails or hear from us are signing up for text messages.

Ken D.

"Ginger Creek"

What do you like best?

Simple Texting is easy to use and has lots of additional app functionality. It's super easy to see when people respond, I can create campaigns to custom segments of my database, it's really an all around great software!

What do you dislike?

Really nothing, the mobile app is a great addition! I have only ever had one issue, and the customer service team resolved that almost immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's super easy, and don't hesitate to ask questions. Their customer service team is super professional and responsive!

I'm able to communicate with all of our students and leaders easily. When we cancel events or have promotions, Simple Texting has made my job WAY easier!

Tanner V.

"Texting for Churches"

What do you like best?

SimpleTexting is one of the few companies that empower the user. The design and user interface of the platform is super easy for campaigns big and small. With the release of the SimpleTexting iOS app, I am able to monitor and start campaigns without ever having to be at my office computer.

What do you dislike?

I would love for my organization to have separate logins so they could manage their different keywords/campaigns. As of now, we are all sharing one account which can lead to confusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Experiment with different ways to communicate your message vis SMS texting.

We are a church and pushing critical information is often one of our biggest challenges. Our "customers" are now able to hear about upcoming events, obtain information, and be alerted of changes instantly on their device. This is a huge help in u becoming proactive in our communication.

AR
Administrator in Real Estate

"SimpleTexting Makes Text-Based Marketing Simple "

What do you like best?

Shortcodes are quick and easy to set up, and the entire platform is simple to use.

What do you dislike?

We've experienced a few small hiccups with the platform, the last of which happened this week where a few of our keywords just stopped working and development had to step in to correct the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it! It's a great platform that can boost your marketing efforts significantly.

We are an app developer, and we didn't have a easy way to get the app on to people's phone. Sending download links by email wasn't effective, and either was explaining how to to search/find/download it app in the App/Play Store. SimpleTexting has made everything so much better because it's simple to text a word to a shortcode for a download link.

Learn more about SimpleTexting

SimpleTexting Videos

Learning about SimpleTexting?

* We monitor all SimpleTexting reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.