SimplePractice Reviews & Product Details

AM
What do you like best?

Really like how versatile Simple Practice is. You can keep billing and patient notes in the same, secure place... which is a huge plus! Used to have to use multiple platforms to do this but this one does it even more efficiently. Creating super bills for clients has never been easier and I cant imagine operating without this convenience. Platform also works well w/ telehealth meetings! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the interface is a little boring looking. It's rather dull and doesn't feel very interactive. Perhaps this is just my device, but sometimes the formatting gets distorted and stretched out and I have to close the window and restart the process. This could be a programming bug or just my laptop, but either way it's an annoying error that happens every other week or so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that any new users simply spend an hour or so acquainting yourself to the features and you'll have it down for easy use moving forward. If you're considering using it, explore the features because they are as advertised. It can help simplify your workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client file organization is the biggest piece. It's a great e-file system to keep everything in one safe place. Much easier and more affordable than other patient management systems I have used in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SimplePractice Overview

What is SimplePractice?

SimplePractice is a top-reviewed practice management platform, made for small business owners in the health & wellness space. Known for its clean interface, SimplePractice's industry-leading feature set includes a fully paperless intake process, custom notes & forms, free appointment reminders (SMS, email, & voice), mobile app, e-claim filing, a beautiful client portal, billing & invoicing, and our newest feature: Telehealth! See your clients over HIPAA-compliant video - anytime, anywhere!

SimplePractice Details

SimplePractice is an industry-leading practice management software for therapists to manage their businesses, with features like AutoPay, online booking, and customizable therapy notes.

SimplePractice
2012
Los Angeles, CA
@simplepractice

SimplePractice Videos

Answer a few questions to help the SimplePractice community
Have you used SimplePractice before?

SimplePractice Reviews

Showing 65 SimplePractice reviews
Already have SimplePractice?
What do you like best?

SimplePractice helps keep me organized by keeping everything in one place - client appointments, practice documents, and chart notes. I love the ease of onboarding a new client as well as sending clients occasional documents to complete such as a release of information. I also love that I can customize my intake forms and gather the information that is relevant to my work with clients and couples. My clients find it easy to use and are very happy with it as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In my perfect world, practice documents and intake forms could be shared between different accounts, but that's a minor issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend signing up for a free trial so you can try it out and get a sense of how it will best serve you and your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SimplePractice keeps me organized. It helps me keep track of my charting, treatment plans, and makes it super easy to process client payments and track income. I know exactly which clients need progress notes and treatment plans and nothing falls through the cracks. All of this saves me time so I can focus on what I really enjoy doing - working with my clients! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Billing insurance is simple and user friendly for the therapist new to insurance billing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really want to be able to track the quantifiable (Objective part of SOAP notes) aspect of my therapy. I want a section where I can write my goals and input data and then have it spit out tracking for me. I had this in school based software for Medicaid billing and it made writing progress reports so much easier. I am having to upload all my data to do things this way separately. So many SLPs use your program, please tailor it more to those of us who generate quantitative data (SLPs/OTs/PTs/ABA therapists) not just those who generate qualitative data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would advise others to try it out for 30 days to see if it meets their needs. It is easy to learn to use and navigate. Also I would recommend they watch the short little video tape helps that are offered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing. I am solving the difficulty of billing through different portals for insurance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder/Owner/Operator
What do you like best?

I like how Simple Practice does it all in one place. I used to use an archaic paper and pen method that had so many steps and became no longer practical in the era of telehealth. Simple Practice has helped me streamline this process and update to the times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It took me some time to shift over my paperwork to digital format (especially questionnaires), and I had to familiarize myself with the system to be able to find everything easily which also took some time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are still using paper and pen it is time to make the switch! Jump in with Simple Practice and you won’t regret it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has ultimately freed up time for me through streamlining the intake process and took me emailing/scanning as the middle man completely out of the equation which has been a huge benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

the ease of the system navigation and lower amounts of paperwork Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No access to anyone in management, refuses to answer questions, lacks knowledge about 277 files, doesnt understand zip plus 4 rules, takes 2 weeks to schedule a meeting with a sup[port specialist that has no clue about behavioral health claims, clearing house representatives tell you incorrect information regarding submissions of claims, clearing house they use is poorly designed and gives scrubbing errors for zip codes while taking 24 to 48 hrs to post a claim. Forget about getting your own records, there is no way to downlead client demographics or information. When you run into an issue they make you [post an idea to a forum for others to vote on the issue to be addressed. Knowing they have over 2009 agencies voting for direct contact with an associate they still refuse to fix the problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stay away Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

That I will never be with a company like this again. We need communication open and continuous. An LMFT owns this company and should know better. Shame on you for how you process and handle your communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Confidentiality is important and at the forefront of SimplePractice system. I love how everything is easy to use and located in a single location. My clients appreciate the option to cancel and reschedule at the same time, secure messages, easy to use client portal and the link to telehealth connection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I originally left due to the credit card processing fees with Stripe as well as file size uploads that are not assessment friendly. The cost difference is acceptable considering how much time I save having everything in one location. I learned how to reduce pdf file size so the upload limit is no longer an issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sometimes it is too easy to focus on money alone without considering the ease of use and time saving aspects. Consider your needs and what will make your life easier. It may be worth the $8-15 a month in extra costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Less emails and communications when my clients need to reschedule. Love how you can customize templates to exactly meet your needs. Very simple to send therapy worksheets to clients through the portal as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/designer
What do you like best?

I love how Simple Practice has its forms set up! They are easy to edit to my specification and there are so many to choose from. Each document can be sent individually and clients are ablate add their information and signatures easily. None of these options were available in my previous software or at least not easily enough to figure out. True to their name they have made it simple. I also really love the messaging feature. It saves me time trying to find the clients name and number in my phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The search bot is fairly useless. I am a very new user and working on my learning curve. I don't have a lot of time to fumble around the site trying to learn it or to watch videos trying to learn the system. I want quick concise answers to simple questions. the help desk usually is quick to answer and has quick concise answers that are serviceable. Some of them are not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My previous software was holding me hostage. There was no easy way to switch. SP has tried to help as much as possible. There were a few glitches in client data but that is to be expected. I am hoping once insurance billing is ready to go it will streamline my billing and charging services. I don't have to hunt to find out which notes or other administrative tasks I have to finish. All in all it should save me time so I can focus on my clients. It is making treatment plans easier. It has varied forms of notes so it can be adjusted for the type of client. Since I work with couples and families it also makes that wok better by not forcing me to choose which clients have to be archived to save me money. I can add as many as I need to without stressing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Outpatient Therapist
Mental Health Care
What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and easy to practice upon

Support is consistent either by video or phone

Assists in staying organized and in compliance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

wish telehealth was set up to facilitate groups or be able to have more than 2 video lines at a time for meeting with families that are spread out

I wish there was a QuickBooks like application Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend SimplePractice to other therapists in private practice for ease of maintaining HIPAA compliant records and using telehealth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Setting up and keeping track of new clients

Everything is in one place and easy to find

Ease of setting up on line payments Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

SimplePractice is intuitive for a new private practitioner. Customer service is very accessible and friendly. I enjoy the ease of use and templates available for clinicians. The price is very reasonable considering all the services you get. The tutorials are helpful, and they have free webinars for continued learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to have standalone/integrated email option, rather than just secure messaging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simple Practice has a lot to offer compared to some of the other EHR services out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy EHR, submitting claims, processing payments. Takes less time to do the work, and more efficiently! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I found the functions for use to be friendly and easy for all levels tech abilities. I found the site to have a variety of options to help a provider with start up forms to allow for quick and smooth mobilization for practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For basic level there were very few options to choose from, which made utilization of the site limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think any Mental Health user will find the SimplePractice functions easy for use and navigation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have not had any situations, where problem solving has been needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like about SimplePractice is that it provides everything you could possibly need for your private practice. It sets you up nicely and allows you to bill clients. It has everything you could possibly think of to need in that setting. I like that they continue to update and change things to make it more user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It’s a little complicated to learn. It takes a good hour I would say to set up and then another hour or more to learn the system. They have a difficult time with adjusting to insurance inconsistencies so my clients “what they owe” is often or almost always inaccurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great system. Has all the bells and whistles Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing. Note taking. HIPPA compliance. 48 hour texts and voicemails sent to clients. Creating and sending claims. Keeping track for taxes. A lot of things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

clean interface, easy to submit claims, strong and informed user base Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

no phone support so when you need support you have to send an email and wait 24 hours for a reply, the email often asks for more information, this requires more waiting, you may get a response and for some reason its often not a direct response to your original question. the support process can take days. you cannot call in with a quick question. the only place to do that is on their facebook group which is other users answering your questions.

the product does not get billing info from insurance companies in a reliable way. you are often not informed when you are paid and this is what the product is designed to do. when you open a ticket with support it can take WEEKS before you find out what the issue is and you have to login to the insurance company website to see your claims. this is a main selling point of the software but it does not work well.

their telehealth software is very unstable. they charge extra for it. sound is choppy and video drops off often. many people who use it have issues with it.

gillian wu is their internet leader. she has contacted me for leaving negative reviews and offered credits on two occasions to remove the reviews. that is highly unethical in my opinion. one of the ways the company succeeds is by monitoring their online presence and urging people to remove their reviews. i posted some negative information and was blocked from a user support group. the information contained a minor inaccurate detail but overall was true: their telehealth product is very flawed. i was blocked from the group which was a huge source of technical support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

be very cautious using this product. once your data is in there it is hard to get it out. they increase their prices. they charge per claim. they charge extra for telehealth. the cost of this product can easily run $100 per month very quickly if you bill any volume and once you start doing that, its hard to get your data out and make a switch. on top of all this their support is abysmal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

billing, data storage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

handouts and templates, easy to customize Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

how you can double book yourself, learning how to use clt portal was not intuitive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

use it, review intake docs and customize as needed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

telehealth, hipaa forms, easy to maintain my calendar/ schedule Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

look and feel of the actual health record itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there is not a call in phone line for issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized a smoother experience and will solve quicker submission of electronic claims. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked that you can have the website bill on your behalf. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't share the fillable forms for divorced parents who both need to sign consent forms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have an intake fillable form for more than one party for the minors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had a problem with sending intake paperwork a week ago when your system was down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like being able to do online scheduling for my clients, as well as billing through credit cards and being able to provide invoices and superbills all in a streamlined and functional manner. There are several solid note templates already loaded to the program that can be used for record keeping as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I absolutely detest creating my own templates. It is just a cumbersome and laborious process and the end result is not particularly visually appealing. I would love if online forms/templates could also be printed out in paper format in a way that was aesthetically pleasing if one was choosing to have client's fill paperwork out in person. Also in regards to telehealth/video options, I would like to be able to see multiple people in the sessions, such as if i was seeing a couple and they were both located in different places at the time of the appointment, or if i was trying to conduct online groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Solid platform for a reasonable price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is generally a one stop shop for most of my private practice needs. While it does take a bit of getting used to and a significant investment of time to fully understand where things are located and how to navigate various integrations, overall I find it to be beneficial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO & Owner
What do you like best?

Super easy to use system. I am able to schedule clients easily, adjust billing amounts, send clients documents, request signatures, and I love using the autopay system.

*Update: I've been using for six months now, and have yet to have any issues! LOVE this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found much that I dislike about using simple practice. Great experience so far! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Would definitely recommend Simple Practice to anyone starting up their own business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to simplify and streamline things such as appointment reminders, follow-up emails, payments, and more! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The platform was easy to use and insurance billing was quick Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

By far, the worst customer service! Their lack of communication, organization, and professionalism resulted in the complete loss (deletion) of all my client information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unless SimplePractice improves their support services, it’s not worth the risk...Go with a better organized company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I sent multiple emails, often waiting DAYS to hear back, only to receive email responses from at least 3 different customer service representatives who stated they needed to do further research or have someone else look into the situation. They each provided conflicting information, and obviously they were not communicating with one another. This went on for several weeks, and in the meantime, ended up deleting my client information. The final email I received was informing me that it was “unfortunate” but no other explanation or accountability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The layout and processes for both billing and scheduling are easy to use, logical, and visually well-organized. I like the different viewing options (both for the calendar, for billing, and for client data) and the customizability of different crucial paperwork (like treatment plans and notes).

The client portal is also convenient, especially with regards to the therapist calendars and ability for clients to request appointments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the note-taking parameters (but aware that that could be more about my practice policies than the software itself). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I haven't found a better platform that contains everything you need for managing therapists and their caseloads! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client scheduling is made much easier for many clients with the collaborative online option. It is also very organized and convenient to have all practice and session information on the same platform, making it easier for therapists to stay organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the user-friendly layout of the Simple Practice site. It’s easy to find what I need and keep my paperwork organized. With all the treatment plans and case notes I write, the last thing I want to do is go sifting and searching for what I need. Simple Practice makes it easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the mobile app could use some work. I don’t like that I have limited information on the client available to me (like admin notes or links to past notes). I am also not a huge fan of the scrolling calendar layout instead of the blocking layout like the desktop version. It would be great to have a privacy function on the mobile app as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

User-friendly and simple (it’s in the name) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love the new appointment reminders that pop up as soon as you schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Assistant
What do you like best?

SimplePractice offers medical practitioners an all-in-one type experience for scheduling appointments, gathering and storing medical files and authorizations, contact list, and managing your billing and invoices. And it does it all for a fairly low price-point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This software just doesn't quite fit our current business model. Not all the clinicians and employees have Apple devices for fulling utilizing the schedule sync. We use Microsoft Outlook and Gmail quite a bit and that makes it difficult to sync schedules. Our current business model doesn't include insurance, so we're paying for an unused feature. Same with the billing, which is largely being handled with Microsoft Excel and OneDrive. Appointments are made over the phone or face-to-face. Also, the price per month goes up exponentially with each clinician added to the account, so we can't afford to add anyone. We could better utilize this service if it could be tailored to the individual practice's business model. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop around according to where to expect your practice to be 5 years from now in terms of ease of scheduling, billing, taxes, what OS you want your business to run off of, and number of employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our group practice uses SimplePractice mainly for entering appointments into the calendar for syncing/sharing, HIPAA Compliant messaging, updating patient contact information, and managing billing and invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use and connect to my google calendar. I really like that the program is easy to use and that my clients are able to interact with the system as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were more affordable. I also think the app is just ok, though it's made some improvements since I originally downloaded it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it frequently with the work I'm involved in and have recommended it to others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Exercise Specialist
What do you like best?

I love that I was able to create my own personal note templates. It's so easy to manage my schedule as well as my payments. It has simplified my life so much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to run into any issues that make me dislike simple practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it! This software system is so worth it and doesn't break the bank. THere's a reason it's called SIMPLE practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to streamline my entire business system and make life way easier. Saves me so much time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CM
What do you like best?

There are many things I love about this program. It’s easy scheduling and you can share it with multiple counselors for shared offices. I share two offices with 4 counselors and SimplePractice allows me to see when offices are being used. I also love that my clients can fill out all of their intake forms before coming into my office, and that we often don’t have to talk about payment more than once because it saves their credit card information. It’s easy to use and has many different components for private practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have a lot to complain about, but I do wish it was easier to re-send client access to their portal. Also, when you cancel a meeting and click the wrong button you can make it so that your client is inactive. I wish when you searched your client’s name it would come up and just show “inactive” rather than having to look for them on a separate tab. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m saving paper, saving time, and making my work even more professional. People like the ease of filling out their paperwork online and like getting appointment reminders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The organization of client information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Small glitches, for instance, one time not being able to schedule a client at a normal PM time, SP insisted I make the appointment at 4am instead of 4pm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make a test profile that way you can practice scheduling and clinking around the system. Do not attempt to run late cancel or appointment fees until after the full appointment time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None recognized at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.