SimplePractice Reviews & Product Details

"Solid EHR platform"

What do you like best?

I like being able to do online scheduling for my clients, as well as billing through credit cards and being able to provide invoices and superbills all in a streamlined and functional manner. There are several solid note templates already loaded to the program that can be used for record keeping as well.

What do you dislike?

I absolutely detest creating my own templates. It is just a cumbersome and laborious process and the end result is not particularly visually appealing. I would love if online forms/templates could also be printed out in paper format in a way that was aesthetically pleasing if one was choosing to have client's fill paperwork out in person.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Solid platform for a reasonable price.

It is generally a one stop shop for most of my private practice needs. While it does take a bit of getting used to and a significant investment of time to fully understand where things are located and how to navigate various integrations, overall I find it to be beneficial.

What is SimplePractice?

SimplePractice is a top-reviewed practice management platform, made for small business owners in the health & wellness space. Known for its clean interface, SimplePractice's industry-leading feature set includes a fully paperless intake process, custom notes & forms, free appointment reminders (SMS, email, & voice), mobile app, e-claim filing, a beautiful client portal, billing & invoicing, and our newest feature: Telehealth! See your clients over HIPAA-compliant video - anytime, anywhere!

SimplePractice Profile Details

SimplePractice Reviews

1-25 of 40 total SimplePractice reviews
Administrative Assistant
Hospital & Health Care

"SimplePractice is Nice, but Doesn't work for our Practice"

What do you like best?

SimplePractice offers medical practitioners an all-in-one type experience for scheduling appointments, gathering and storing medical files and authorizations, contact list, and managing your billing and invoices. And it does it all for a fairly low price-point.

What do you dislike?

This software just doesn't quite fit our current business model. Not all the clinicians and employees have Apple devices for fulling utilizing the schedule sync. We use Microsoft Outlook and Gmail quite a bit and that makes it difficult to sync schedules. Our current business model doesn't include insurance, so we're paying for an unused feature. Same with the billing, which is largely being handled with Microsoft Excel and OneDrive. Appointments are made over the phone or face-to-face. Also, the price per month goes up exponentially with each clinician added to the account, so we can't afford to add anyone. We could better utilize this service if it could be tailored to the individual practice's business model.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop around according to where to expect your practice to be 5 years from now in terms of ease of scheduling, billing, taxes, what OS you want your business to run off of, and number of employees.

Our group practice uses SimplePractice mainly for entering appointments into the calendar for syncing/sharing, HIPAA Compliant messaging, updating patient contact information, and managing billing and invoices.

Therapist/Owner
(Myself Only)

"Affordable, easy to use EHR!"

What do you like best?

This EHR is affordable and makes billing easy. The forms are customizable and my clients can schedule appointments and pay bills online. Appointment reminders are free, as well, which decreases no-shows.

What do you dislike?

It takes awhile to customize some forms, as there aren’t many templates that are feasible. It was supposed to include treatment planners, but this feature has still not arrived. This would make treatment planning much easier!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of any assistance from the company and don’t be afraid to ask them for help. They are always very responsive to questions or concerns.

Makes doing my own billing simple and cost effective. I can do my own billing for a very small fraction of what I would pay a billing person/agency, and it takes only seconds for each claim!

Medical Doctor

"Now that I experineced it for myself-Telehealth (Therapy) Not as scary and awakard it sounded"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of planning arrangements without finishing heaps of preparing of how to do as such. I value the stripe Visa framework that is incorporated with the product as this was one concern I had of tolerating installments from customer. I like the video conferencing and the way that live preparing is offered and I really get the opportunity to see the general population behind the scene instead of email. My request to client bolster pivot time was a sensible and issue settled. I adore the reality the I can send a customer a paid receipt promptly, subsequent to tolerating charge card installment over the phone...thank goodness less administrative work. I truly love the majority of the structures customers need to finish are available...ease of composing progress notes, and so on...

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is simple with respect to face validity. You can navigate around pretty easily without making serious or irreversible mistakes that many of us fear with the technical aspects of EHRs.

To start with, I am as yet learning the product, yet from my experience, I trust I will keep it. I am not looking for another. The help is useful, day by day update and updates that assistance keep me sorted out. Sooner or later, I will add the logbook to my site. Until further notice, the product satisfies it name in that it is a basic practice. When I leased office space, I must be there to meet my customer and some would drop finally. Presently, I set the updates, telephone, email, content... furthermore, on the off chance that I customer doesn't appear, after I have overcame the traffic and hurried crosswise over town to get to the workplace, sitting and pausing and thinking about whether the customer will appear, I don't feel that I sat idle, gas and baffled on the grounds that the customer did not call to drop hours or days prior. I truly like my online office. I figured it would feel far off and cold...so far, the online eye to eye still feel individual. I additionally like that the framework meet HIPPA and my state necessities.

Mental Health Counselor

"SimplePractice great product"

What do you like best?

I like that the designers are ceaselessly getting criticism and tolerating contribution about their clients' wants for how to add to and further build up the program. From customer booking to updates and putting away notes and charging, it's easy to understand and "straightforward"

What do you dislike?

The main figure I can say that I didn't care for about this was the you can't really kill the need to affirm arrangements and its in all respects convenient devouring to really affirm each and every arrangement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unquestionably prescribe this item for dealing with your training. It has the capacity to keep notes, deal with your calendar, make billings, treatment plans, diagnoses...basically all that you'd need in private practice!

Case the board. I profit by utilizing SimplePractice since it keeps everything composed in a focal area. I can undoubtedly get to case data from the workplace or at home, which makes me progressively open to my customers and capable deal with my cases remotely.

"Great for simple billing needs/small practices "

What do you like best?

The best feature with this product is that all you have to do is click one button (as long as all the information is there) to create a claim. The information will automatically be filtered onto the claim.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it does not catch mistakes that a private biller would be able to catch. For example: it will allow you to bill several new patient visits in a row (for the same patient). I would think it could tell that is a mistake, and flag the claim. It also does not automatically apply a deductible portion so you have to add a check for $0 (for every person that applies towards deductibles) that is a huge waste of time. This system also does not keep track of self pay versus insurance patients including copay, coins, ect

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at the pros and cons and the review of people who already use the software, it doesn't do everything they claim but it definitely has a lot to offer for a small practice that wants to eliminate overhead and fees for outsourcing

We are able to filter information onto claims faster based on what is scheduled for each provider, saves time and eliminating keying errors.

Private Practice Owner

"Customer support HELL"

What do you like best?

Scheduling clients and charting are super easy.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to describe the level of frustration I have experienced trying to get some live support. There is NO telephone number you can call to get a live person on the phone to help you figure out a problem. There isn't even a live help option. Every problem I have tried to ask for help for - via email - I get an email response to a day or day and half later. There are complex problems that have to be sorted out - and it takes an incredible amount of time trying to put everything into writing - not to mention waiting at least 24 hours for a response - and if the person's response doesn't answer the question..... you have to start all over again. It's in the DARK AGES, really.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you think you will need live support, then this isn't the EHR for you. Simple Practice staff have told me to watch YouTube videos and "join the on line community" to ask questions. This is absurd! I want to talk to a knowledgeable person who can help me solve problems with my account.

I am not solving business problems - I am creating them actually - because if something goes wrong with insurance billing - there seems to be no effective way to get support so as to resolve the problems, such that the problems snowball.

Response from Gillian Wu of SimplePractice

Hi Diane, we're committed to providing best-in-class customer support, and I'm so sorry to hear that your experience with our Customer Success team has been less than stellar. We've recently implemented a new Live Chat option that allows you to connect directly to a Product Specialist in real time - you can access that feature through the red Help bubble in your account.

If you'd like, I'd love to connect with you directly to help you with any questions you have or issues you're experiencing with SimplePractice. You can reach me directly at gillian@simplepractice.com. Thanks for your candid review, and please don't hesitate to reach out if I can assist.

Warmly,

Gillian from SimplePractice

"Let SimplePractice free you up to focus on what matters most: your clients!"

What do you like best?

I like that SimplePractice makes the flow of my very part-time practice so easy. I am mostly a stay at home mom. I work a few evenings a week. I wouldn’t want to spend any extra time dealing with paperwork. So I pay for SimplePractice to make paperwork and scheduling super convenient.

What do you dislike?

I wish it cost less bc I work so part-time. However, it’s still worth it to me. For others that work more hours, it should be extremely affordable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth the convenience!

I am able to send clients my intake paperwork in a cinch. Since it’s completed online, when they come in there is no paperwork to distract us during the first session. Also, most of my clients opt to pay online so there no need to collect payment when they come in either. It will be done automatically that night.

Project Manager

"An EHR system that works! "

What do you like best?

I love how clean and modern Simple Practice looks. I have been able to easily learn how to integrate client information, notes, and billing with minimal hassle.

What do you dislike?

I do wish they had phone support. I also don't love how the self-scheduling feature is designed aesthetically as it can be confusing for clients at times booking.

It has saved me so much time and energy using the client self-scheduling feature as well as having my clients fill out intake paperwork online before coming in for their initial session.

"A therapist’s best office assistant. "

What do you like best?

I like that the developers are continually receiving feedback and accepting input about their customers’ desires for how to add to & further develop the program. From client scheduling to reminders and storing notes and billing, it’s user friendly and “simple”

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I dislike. The app is good - but I can’t access all the features from it. I wish that I could connect families better with it, when scheduling more than one client from the same family, but for privacy, I understand why I cannot.

Simplicity of scheduling, the automatic client reminders, storing all my notes so I don’t need a giant file cabinet, and reminding me about who hasn’t paid or what notes are not written.

Licensed Mental Health Counselor

"Overall very satisfied"

What do you like best?

User friendly, intuitive, simple platform

What do you dislike?

Wiley Treatment plan is not helpful. Simple practice needs to implement treatment plans for their platform so clinicians could select problem areas and treatments from a list already loaded into the client's folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Online sessions were difficult to establish with SImple Practice's video platform,. Tech support was trying to help to fix it but they were unable. Very frustrating that they don't offer phone numbers to contact them for trouble shooting, they only offer the email option.

Client record keeping. Scheduling is easy on simple practice as well as I find the client portal useful for clients to fill out intake forms online and submit it before the first session.

Super
Hospitality

"The name says it all!!"

What do you like best?

I used this with my dad which is a Doctor, easy software to actually have an online scheduling and intake, you are able to actually integrate payments by processing auto pay as well.

One of the best features is the free online help articles and the free month trial, we had looked at so many options but by far this one is the best!.

What do you dislike?

The only think i can say that i did not like about this was the you can't actually turn off the the need to confirm appointments and its very timely consuming to actually confirm every single appointment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent tool when it comes to have a neatly and improved scheduling system.

My dad is a ongoing Doctor and we used this to schedule appointments and take payments for him.

"It really is simple!"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the tips and guidance offered during setup. The program is very easy to understand and I really like the templates and document saving capability. The client portal is great and the booking widget makes scheduling a breeze!

What do you dislike?

I haven't yet found anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a new business just starting out and are unsure where to begin, then Simple Practice is a must have! It's easy to use and the tutorials are wonderful.

I am a new business just starting out and Simple Practice had the best format, rates and benefits. I am able to set up online payments and this has made my business finances easier.

Community Ministries Assistant
Higher Education

"Amazing product for case management"

What do you like best?

I greatly appreciate the ease of managing clients, their progress notes, psychotherapy notes, billing, and treatment plans.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I have not experienced any limitations while using this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely recommend this product for managing your practice. It has the capability to keep notes, manage your schedule, create billings, treatment plans, diagnoses...basically everything you'd need in private practice!

Case management. I benefit from using SimplePractice because it keeps everything organized in a central location. I can easily access case information from the office or at home, which makes me more accessible to my clients and able manage my cases remotely.

Counseling Center Intern
Higher Education

"Simple Practice really is simple!"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Simple Practice is the daily emails. I never thought that would be something I'd say, but at the beginning of the day, I get a schedule of what's going on that day for me and then at the end of the day, I get a summary of payments. It's a great way to keep track.

What do you dislike?

The calendar can get a bit confusing if you're looking at your entire team's schedule at one time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The scheduling system is easy to read. I always look at the monthly calendar to gauge my practice and find it beneficial to see the entire team's calendar to schedule meetings and appointments around everyone's schedule.

We are scheduling easier than ever and confirming when appointments are cancelled or when they're attended so we have easy data when we submit to insurance.

(Myself Only)

"Mostly positive experience with SimplePractice"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to do all my billing and invoicing through SimplePractice and that all my notes and contact information is in one secure location. I have also used the Stripe for payment part which is helpful.

What do you dislike?

They seem to make updates frequently and it can change the look of the website which I don't like. Some parts of the invoicing are counter-intuitive to me but they have been responsive when I ask questions.

Billing is much easier and efficient. Sending clients paperwork to complete ahead of time is helpful.

Having all contact information and notes accessible remotely from the office is helpful.

Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Mental Health Care

"A Review if Simple Practice following a year of use"

What do you like best?

I like the format of the scheduling option, layout of the profiles for each client and the ease with which documents can be sent out.

What do you dislike?

The format of simple practice is too simple to allow for Medicaid billing, and only recently adapted to include administrative notes. The platform has also been having some problems recently in terms of loading the app onto my mobile device.

It has been easier to track client billing than through use of paper receipts and has reduced the overhead on scheduling.

Clinical Supervisor, counselor
Mental Health Care

"Good EHR for mental health "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. It has many preloaded documents.

What do you dislike?

The treatment plan development could be better. It does not have a way to input progress/regression

It is a way to simplify the note writing process and still have all the necessary information.

"Very Frustrating"

What do you like best?

It works for what it is. I'm able to schedule appointments and send patients forms.

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly, never fixing what needs fixing, only updating the looks of the site, no way to call customer service

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand that, yes, it does the basics of what you need to schedule appointments but there is almost no customer support and they're never doing anything to make it easier to use or more user friendly.

I can schedule patients and send them their new patient paperwork all from the same window.

(Myself Only)

"One-stop shop for therapists"

What do you like best?

I like the integration of the financial end with the charting and scheduling functions. The app is handy as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish some functions were more intuitive and that the video session platform was more stable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great option and customizable in many ways.

I can keep my client and business records all in one place, and the reports show me useful data about my practice. The app even allows for speech-to-text for dictating progress notes.

"SimplePractice is easy and user friendly."

What do you like best?

I like the how simple it is to use and how efficient it is. All my documents are stored and easy to find.

What do you dislike?

the mobile app isn't the best. You cannot access all the pt. information on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have not used any other EMR system, but I have been very satisfied with SimplePractice and would highly recommend it.

I store my documents, contacts, session notes, and bill all from the same place. Its great!

(Myself Only)

"LMFTs, LCSWs, Psy.D and other mental health providers...check this out!"

What do you like best?

It’s an integrated system that handles billing, client records, psychotherapy notes, scheduling, accounting, document storage, client portal, reminder messages, client messaging...and so much more!

What do you dislike?

That it takes a little while to learn how to do everything. HOWEVER, they have tons of videos and how-to articles and an active Facebook group!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make use of the videos and Facebook group. They are very helpful.

I’m basically paperless! I don’t have to do data entry as clients to it themselves. Client information is automatically populated into insurance forms. So much more!

"Great program for the new and the veteran professional"

What do you like best?

The program does so much for you yet is completely adaptable. I feel like as practices move forward and become unique this program can adapt to the changes easily. Other programs you are stuck with what you have...

What do you dislike?

There is very little I dislike about this program. If I had to chose something it would be that sometimes clients have trouble with the portal but I feel sometimes that is user error. So maybe something more simple?

I don't have to worry about billing or have HIPPA compliant software for my online sessions. I also don't have to wait long for help or if I have questions.

AM

"Great software for clinical practice"

What do you like best?

I like that billing is streamlined into the system. I also like the portal feature which allows me to electronically send documents to clients to complete before they arrive.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this product for about three months now & really have not found anything i’m Not satisfied with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It definitely saves time from keeping paper records.

Billing has been streamlined, all my records are electronic which is more efficient. Automatic credit card billing makes things simple.

CEO and Founder
Mental Health Care

"Great all in one software "

What do you like best?

I love the interface and ease to access on any platform

What do you dislike?

App didn’t work as well as the software does on a browser

Amazing billing platform built in for superbills

"Poor customer service"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface, simple calendar .

What do you dislike?

cannot reach customer service directly; you must email and wait---and they are on the West coast.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do NOT use if you are on the East coast and will need customer service (can only reach them via email, and they won't even read them until 11 am eastern time).

Practicemanagement

8.1
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.5*
* Mental Health Category
Do you work for SimplePractice?