SimilarWeb Pro Reviews & Product Details

SEO Specialist
What do you like best?

The user interface is superb, the way it lets you track your estimated traffic by channel against top competitors is also a great touch. The support staff seems very knowledgeable as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For the price I feel it should offer more substantial ways of actually improving your strategy, instead of focusing more on top-level competitor comparisons. In terms of SEO you wouldn't be able to rely on it as your only tool, for instance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At the very least give it a trial and judge for yourself, you might be surprised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Similarweb was definitely useful for us to understand how we fared against our competitors and also how the market evolved for each player throughout the time, analysing if there were any outliers or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SimilarWeb Pro Overview

What is SimilarWeb Pro?

As the most trusted platform for measuring online behavior, millions of people rely on SimilarWeb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem.

SimilarWeb Pro Details
English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified)

Compare website traffic, discover valuable insights about competitors’ sites and Identify growth opportunities.

SimilarWeb
2007
New York, NY
@SimilarWeb

SimilarWeb Pro Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the SimilarWeb Pro community
Have you used SimilarWeb Pro before?

SimilarWeb Pro Reviews

Showing 83 SimilarWeb Pro reviews
Already have SimilarWeb Pro?
Head of Social Media
Manager – Business Development & Strategic Partnerships
What do you like best?

The tool provides extemely valuable insghts around website traffic, visitor geographies, referring websites along with country rank in the category etc. The details are so granular that you even get device distribution info, average pages visited by customers and bounce rate which I found very valuable. Not to mention competitor info is a very big value add Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much actually, The tool is intiutive and all details are easily available. The interface has a fresh feel always. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended tool for website insights. They have covered almost all the popular website you might need details about and I found it surprising to see details about new gen websites which may not have gained much popularity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to realize our prospects websites gaps and vulnarabilities and able to offer them solutions around those. Biggest benefit is being able to go to our prospects with a solution for their actual pain areas in the first go Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that you can filter a website's traffic by geographic location so I can really see which countries bring in which amounts of volume. Such insights into behaviour of market segment makes it easier to plan my strategy.

I also like that I get regular alerts & elails to inform me of additional functions in the platform that I can use. These are very useful.

The Month to date button was also a nice addition recently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For social sources, I like that it shows what social sites/pathway users trafficked to site but I wish it was able to show like traffic volume over time for social networks as opposed to a % breakdown.

I also wish certain functions were not limited to a higher subscription. e.g it seems I have to pay access to certain Geo targeted filters, I wish I could then be able view more.

Also Sometimes I find that the Paid Traffic share isn't always as accurate, the volumes are often low, not sure if similarweb is unable to detect that data but other platforms such as SEMrush seem to be able to get that data consistently. If we could also get that Search traffic segmented ver time per device that would be wonderful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your tie to poke around the interface, if you have any questions don't hesitate to drop the support team a query. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to discover how well we our clients fare vs competitors in the industry. obviously its difficult to measure competitors traffic but simlarweb does a great job at giving us that valuable data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

SimilarWeb has been the core of my comparison toolbox for many years as it is the only tool that has good data for many non-US markets. This is very important for the businesses I work with as we operate in many emerging markets where some of the other tools available have little or no data.

I also like the fact that Similarweb continues to innovate and improve their platform, and they regularly release updates to the product and improvements to the way they collect and calculate data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main drawback to be considered is that the SimilarWeb data is sampled, and depending on the quality of their sample panel the accuracy can vary quite a lot.

This is particularly apparent for smaller websites, and becomes more of an issue when segmenting the data.

If you are aware that the data is sampled and focus on the trends and using it to compare competing websites then the absolute accuracy of the data is not such a big issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it to monitor our performance vs competitors, and to benchmark our various websites against global peers. I have previously used SimilarWeb data in an academic context too, using their market insights tools to better understand concentration in a particular segment in 50 different countries.

It's also helpful to understand competitor traffic sources.. for instance, it may seem as if 2 sites have similar traffic, but on closer examination one of them may be paying for a lot of traffic while the other is enjoying organic growth.

SimilarWeb is also useful to look more closely at mobile vs desktop vs app usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly compare our online activities against our competitors. Moreover, the sales department often uses this data when talking to our customers. It's very cool that you also develop SEO analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Incomplete data on mobile traffic and no SEO visibility index. All the time I see a big discrepancy between the data from my Google Analytics 360 and the data presented in similarweb. Moreover, in dashboards, it would be useful to create a chart on which the displayed data could be selected, e.g. comparison of organic mobile traffic to desktop vs. mobile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monitoring the activities of the competitors and being able to compare to them. BTW. the ability to visualize, my traffic ratio vs. competition would be very useful. It's about showing the activity trend in a simple way, so such a ratio would help a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best - comparing to other solutions I had tried in the past - is their unbeaten accuracy, the large number of the supplied metrics for websites and apps, and all the unique features of the platform which make me able to identify very fast great insights and get answers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't know if I am the lucky one, or all account managers are so capable, but my account manager is so willing to discuss on a regular basis about the things i don't like (or whatever else I need ) and solve it. This makes me say that there are not things I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using SimilarWeb Pro on a regular (almost daily) basis for more than a year and it's one of the most valuable tools in my work and the most important for the online competition analysis. My main business is to analyze the web traffic and apps usage trends in Greece. It's very easy:

- to get an immediate view of the country traffic,

- analyze the industries,

- and identify the most important insights every day, every week, every month.

I am so happy with it as it helps me stop guessing, start knowing, and offering more valuable services to my customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Company Owner
Digital Marketing Analyist - Web Analytics & SEO
What do you like best?

SimilarWeb has proven to provide us with scary accurate data on our industry, customers, and competiton. When trying to understand our own business, SimilarWeb's data has helped us baseline, gain insights into different areas we could increase our awareness, and create visuals to compare our data to companies that are similar to our own. It really helps us put a story behind how we fit in our industry and how we are doing.

We are assigned a project manager who walks us through the latest features once a month. During these sessions, this person also uses the time inbetween meetings to find helpful information about our business that they believes would benefit us. It's nice having someone who feels like an ally really making sure we make the most of our subscription to SimilarWeb. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I'm trying to understand an industry that has a lower monthly traffic trend, the data tends to be hard to read. That threshold is sites that have sessions under 5,000. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recently, SimilarWeb has greatly increased their data on paid search. Seeing who receives the largest market share of clicks for words we're currently bidding for has helped us adjust our strategies to get the results we expected from our campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Traffic sources, volume, engagement metrics, newly added segment/conversion analyses. Generally, this is the best market intelligence tool available. Works perfectly well for due diligence purposes, but I use it every day for pretty much all market research analyses.

What I also love about this product is a team behind it. One of the best communication services, great feature updates, amazing content produced. Most requests and queries solved within few hours. Creme de la creme of SaaS companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think keywords analyses might be more robust, e.g., there are no click-through-rates or spend estimations. I know this is not a SEO/SEM tool, but if you combine it with traffic, conversion data you could very easily run impact calculations. I think this is the ultimate direction.

Sometimes traffic data tends to be a little off the actuals, even by an order of 2-3x, so if you're working a lot with clients who know their data well, it might be challenged.

I also suggest to push for iOS apps analyses, as currently there is only Android. Your competitor Apptopia has it, so probably it's good to copycat and use within SW scale.

Also, Google Docs API can be even more robust, e.g., to allow for more custom downloads for non-code people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. Market analysis

2. Due dilligence

3. Offering

4. Pricing page analyses

5. Market benchmarking Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

When planning the digital strategy of my business, we did everything manually, after discussing with a multidisciplinary team and debating for hours and hours about what direction my business strategy should take, with SimilarWeb Pro I can leave all that. aside since I can perform all these tasks from the application and it even gives me a detailed report with metrics and statistics that are quite useful when making a decision that sets the course of my digital strategy for my company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None, this tool has been very useful for me to improve the company's digital marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i have been using it to improve my company's digital marketing strategy, since it was urgent for me to completely restructure my company since we were not obtaining the sales that we had planned at the beginning, so I went back to carry out the studies of segmentation and market for which this tool fell like a glove. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

SimilarWeb is an easy-to-use tool which gives you access to a plethora of information about websites, markets and digital channels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can often come unstuck in client meetings because the data presented it usually different to the client’s own analytics data (Adobe, GA, Coremetrics etc.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is great way to assist with revenue generation for agencies: it can give great insights for new business pitches and existing client upsells. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The best part of SimilarWeb is being able to offer competitor insights. Who doesn’t want to have an idea of their competitor’s marketing mix or most popular pages?! This information helps prove and disprove hypotheses so you can construct robust marketing strategies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Being able to benchmark our website against the competitors is invaluable.

We can check our competitors' traffic data month by month. How much traffic do they get from which channel.

We can see which keywords they are receiving traffic from.

We get very useful insights about our competitors' strategies and reveal new opportunities for both our SEO and SEM investments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

App analysis section is the only part where we find lacking. Most of the time there are not enough data to get useful insights, especially for Apple App Store. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a tool that provides detailed traffic statistics about your competitors and 360-degree market intelligence solutions, then look no further than SimilarWeb. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We compare our website traffics with our competitors. If their traffic is growing faster thas us then we realize that they are doing something better than us so we are checking what they do to grow their traffic through Similarweb's various website analysis capabilities and change our SEO or SEM strategies accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can control all our relevant keywords and include them in the content. The tool helps me to find the right keywords thanks to the good overview and the recommendations for the content are also excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The statistics can not be integrated with our existing, just in terms of outbound traffic would be very nice if it would work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My employees can check our traffic on the homepage and see where we need to make improvements. We can target the right keywords and optimize them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Custom date ranges; ability to get traffic for smaller, niche sites that don't reach minimum reporting standards in other third-party tools; ability to get top search terms for various websites and site categories Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Search terms are separated by desktop and mobile- there is no aggregated views. Also, the interface does not allow you to get the top search terms that drove traffic to your competitors but your own sites didn't get. Instead, you have to download a massive spreadsheet and calculate it manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this tool in conjunction with other market intelligence tools that you have Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How various site traffic changes during specific time periods and potential reasons for the change (e.g., increase in social drivers, trending search keywords, organic vs. paid search). SimilarWeb Pro nicely complements some of the other third-party and internal tools that we have to provide insights into both industry trends as well as how my company performs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

Similar Web Pro is constantly developing and adding new functionalities, that significantly improve the quality of my everyday work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing major that I'd point out. Even if you don't like how something works, you can always get in touch with your account admin. They always value your feedback and will help you solve the issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

1. Many possible packages to choose.

2. Constantly developing and adding functions.

3. Quick and effective support from account admin.

4. Informative newsletters that sometimes include insightful reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nowadays I use it mostly to review particular websites. On the basis of the info (like traffic, or geo) given me by Similar Web, I decide if the business is worth working with. I also use it, on a smaller scale, to generate new leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The quality of leads found have helped me successfully recruit partners for my clients. I am constantly using the provided site's data and competitive landscape information to show clients that we are finding the best possible prospects. Overall, SimilarWeb's user-friendly platform has helped me tremendously within my role as a Business Development Manager. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about SimilarWeb, but I do wish our agency could be able to utilize the keyword search functionalities that do not come with our selected package. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SimilarWeb has helped us streamline leads list (prospecting). The benefit of being able to download lists and upload to our CRM has proven that SimilarWeb Pro's solution is extremely efficient for affiliate marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP of Strategy and Business Development
What do you like best?

Channel breakdown of traffic comparison for desktop and mobile web. Ability to see the app rankings without the need to login to app store /play store. Ability to see organic traffic keywords and trends Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would not call it a "dislike" but it is missing the app traffic comparisons . This prevents us from having a holistic view of things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Competitive intelligence, Organic keyword comparisons, traffic breakdown. Ablility to better analyze the ups& downs of competition Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

E-Com Specialist
What do you like best?

The maps are helpful to give a visual of where hits are coming from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

After switching to the Competitive View, the time frame selected changes from what I have set. I start with 12 months and after going to the Competitive View then back to the Web Performance view the time frame sets back to 3 months. I would like it to stay at the time frame I set. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am finding international sales potential for current and future customs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Similarweb is fantastic for getting a good picture of where you sit within your industry. It can also be very useful for strategizing and finding out what you can do better when you compare yourself to your competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much at all to dislike, I can't think of anything it doesn't have or wished it would do Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to see where our competitors are excelling so that we can match them in those areas as well as see where we are bearing them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Manager (COO Deputy)
What do you like best?

SimilarWeb allows us to easily kept posted about traffic changes on our competitors and having a clear an accurate view of our market share.

It also give us useful insights about where getting traffic from and which opportunities there are from SEO, referrals or optimized SEM investment.

It’s a useful tool not just for MK department but also for sales or IT.

Comparison with direct competitors based on SimilarWeb data is included in our sales presentations.

The customer support team is also outstanding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be perfect having more metrics on Apps analysis.

Since it’s basically focused on web analytics it has arrived late to the app analysis and the data shown, more and more useful with each deployment, is not yet complete enough as for being a substitute to specific tools in App analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Similarweb to Benchmark the market and include in our presentations for the sales force the leadership position of our webs.

Similarweb is also helping us identifying how effective is our effort in SEO.

With G4J, Similarweb has provided a easy way to identify which webs have benefited more from this change in Google search results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IM
What do you like best?

I enjoy looking at the keywords and competitors. very valuable for our line of work. The ability to quickly generate usage reports is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Website Technologies section is extensive but I have noticed it is incomplete when comparing results against Ghostery. Still very helpful but being incomplete is a tad disappointing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are many problems in our line of work but primarily:

how many users visit the websites

how users get to the websites

what is the competitive landscape

what technologies are websites using

We are easily able to paint a picture of website behaviours that we can report to our managers and members Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The platform is incredibly well designed and easy to use. I love that I don't need to read a help guide or contact support when using new features and trying to answer a questions. It's really intuitive. I also love the competitive data we get about other apps and websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I have no dislikes. The platform is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Understanding web traffic and bounce rates of competitors, seeing trending sites in certain categories, looking at app store performance data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PR Manager
What do you like best?

the easy, user-friendly look & feel with efficient data-exploration. Often it is hard to consolidate every information at one place but similarweb offers great dashboard Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

details for crypto websites are often in lack - but understandable given the niche industry Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

effectiveness along analysis weigh more than its price Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

market research and regions realisation. good for competitor analysis Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.