Silent Auction Pro Reviews & Product Details

Executive Director

"Great Event Fundraising Software"

What do you like best?

I like the online/mobile bidding piece of the software. It is easy to enter donation and information, the system helps with the increment suggestions and starting bid suggestions as well. There were things we always use to put off until the last because it was so time consuming to decide a starting bid for each auction item.

I also really like that the software provides the ability to do both tickets and online bidding. Being able to separate out ticket types, offer a variety of choices (food options/t-shirt sizes, etc.) helps us to accurately capture who supported our event. Another really great thing about Silent Auction Pro is the price. After researching many companies Silent Auction Pro was the most reasonable with all of the different things they offered. Also, I feel like they truly care about the success of our event. Their staff is very knowledgeable and interested in making our event the best that it can be.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about this software that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely take a look at their demos. They make their system very accessible when you're looking at different options, so take advantage of that. Also, talk with one of their staff. They are very knowledgeable and have run different events themselves.

We have seen an increase in the amount of money we bring in from our Silent Auction. It makes the bidding experience so seamless and easy. We don't have to hassle with bidders about whether someone bid the correct increments, etc. We have realized the benefits of our planning committee being able to socialize and enjoy the event and not worry about the Silent Auction. Other benefits include the event attendees overall enjoyment with online bidding and wanting to be a part of the event.

What is Silent Auction Pro?

Simplify every aspect of running your event! Eliminate check-in / check-out lines, store credit cards, sell tickets, Online, mobile, paper, live auction bidding options. Manage contacts, track donations, create auction bundles and printed material, write thank you letters and more. Simple, affordable and powerful event management software for any organization. Includes FREE phone support, FREE night of event support, video tutorials and more. Call: 888-691-5993 x1. We're here to help!

Silent Auction Pro Screenshots

Silent Auction Pro Reviews

1-25 of 95 total Silent Auction Pro reviews
Most Recent Silent Auction Pro Video Review
Auction Coordinator

"Very easy to learn and use"

What do you like best?

The 'back office' support from Silent Auction Pro is amazing. They are quick to respond and very easy to work with. In addition, the videos for how to use the software are very well done and easy to understand!

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that we disliked. I would like if some of the items from the more expensive packages were offered ala carte (like the after event reports). But that is not a deal breaker for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the Basic package level first. You can make changes to which package you want as you go along.

Previously we have had a more create-as-we-go-along approach to each dinner auction held. We were looking for greater portability in auction coordinating. Meaning, we want to be able for someone to walk in the door and be able to understand what was done in previous auctions and be able to carry it forward with little to no difficulty. One of the best things about Silent Auction Pro is the support team and the support videos!

Event Co-Chair

"Great auction software, outstanding customer support"

What do you like best?

Our guests loved bidding on their mobile devices and we made much more money from our silent auction. We particularly loved the automated winner text notification and giving them the opportunity to self check-out/pay, making it all so much faster and easier. From the point of view of the auction administrator, it made my life much easier with no last minute pulling an all nighter to produce bidding sheets, etc. The customer service was superb and personalized. Someone always answered my calls/emails, no matter the hour and helped resolve the issue(s) I was having or if they couldn’t, they referred it to the developer who is the owner and soon afterwards all was resolved. I loved the reminders ahead of the event to ensure all was moving along smoothly and the personal calls to check in were very much appreciated. I felt fully supported at every step.

What do you dislike?

It was definitely challenging learning a new system but it was worth the time and effort. There were a few little quirks that need resolving and these I have shared with the developer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I would definitely recommend using this software to others. There is no doubt that we brought in more money using Silent Auction Pro. Pay attention to detail on the front side and the event will run seamlessly.

Events Manager

"Easy to learn and use!"

What do you like best?

The program was easy to learn and use. Very intuitive! Our members had a really easy time purchasing tickets for an event and looking at auction items. Use at the event made check-in a breeze and quick. teaching the volunteers to use the software was easy and it was great to have a demo database that couldn't get messed up. It was nice to not have to practice on our database.

What do you dislike?

Once a member purchased a table or ticket there was no way for them to go back in and modify it. There also isn't an app for phones yet which would be nice. There is a way to put a shortcut on your phone which makes it work like an app but no app yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend using this product. From their support staff, the the ease of use, to the training, to the use at the event, it is by far the best program out there!

Time savings, better data tracking, faster check-in/out.

Public Relations Consultant
Public Relations and Communications

"Easy to create consistent branding"

What do you like best?

This was our school's first attempt at an online auction, and I was impressed by how easy it was to use Silent Auction Pro. As the graphic desiger for the event, it was super easy to upload our event logo to various SAP pages and forms. Being able to maintain a consistent graphic identity with the printed and social media communications we created gave our event a professionalism we haven't had before.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a thing. I did not use as many functions at the rest of my team members, but the ones I used were easily understood and used.

The program allowed us to extend the reach of our school's auction fundraiser to friends and family members of our community who would not be able to attend the event due to distance or other factors.

"Very Good Web-based Fundraising Solution!"

What do you like best?

Once the user account was set up, bidding and checkout were seamless. Was able to process all but three payments and processed these after the fact with an authorized credit card. Users seem to not have a problem with it at all! Customer service is great! They answered the phone and were able to help me immediately every time I called.

What do you dislike?

Because everything was web-based, it was hard to load auction items over the phone because everything was so small. Also, apparently credit cards weren't requires/authorized when entered so we weren't able to check everyone out immediately. Hopefully that's a setting that we can change in the future. Setup was pretty tedious as well but hopefully that was a one-time issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be diligent with your set up. Also be mindful that entering auction items may take a while longer

Check out at the end of our auction was very quick and painless. We didn't have to handle any money and the buyers seemed to like it as well.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

Never having used an event management software before, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. The team at Silent Auction Pro was absolutely wonderful! Not only was I provided with extensive training on all of the different components of the program but they also made sure to keep me on track by sending me reminders and checklists on what event components I needed to have ready by what date. This is by far the best customer service experience I have ever had. The program is quite intuitive though there was a bit of a learning curve for me.

What do you dislike?

I have only used the program for one event so far but look forward to using it for future events. The only feature I really wish could be added is the ability to import excel spreadsheets. It would make the import of donors and donations much easier and less time-consuming.

The program has some great analytical features built into it so that I am now able to see which types of auction items my guests prefer. This information helps tremendously in growing the event in the future since my committee will be able to focus on items we know are highly sought after.

"Excellent Auction Software"

What do you like best?

Been using the software for 5 years now and find it easier and easier to use. The demo site is awesome if I need to experiment to make sure I understand what needs to be done, and great for my volunteers to play with prior to using it at our event. Support is OUTSTANDING!! Cannot say enough about the support factor. Had minor glitch at our Saturday auction, emailed the issue on Sunday, and Jim and his staff worked on it all day Sunday to get the issue resolved. If I have a question on how to do something, they reply to emails almost immediately. The system keeps track of everything! I like that we can print donor thank you letters with ease. I would HIGHLY recommend Silent Auction Pro.

What do you dislike?

There's so much the system does, it takes some practice to get used to everything it offers, but the more you use it, the slicker it gets!! I wish there was a way to reset donation item numbers back to zero each year, however, the fact that the numbers keep getting bigger (I'm now working in the 4,000's for donation numbers) is a minor annoyance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I checked out 3 other auction software programs and was nervous with going to a system that needed internet connections. It's been absolutely awesome to use, and pleasurable to work with the folks at Silent Auction Pro. I can't say enough good things about the software and the support.

The problem of manually doing a fundraising auction was a huge pain. Silent Auction Pro makes it much easier, and quicker! It produces on the spot reports letting people know what they won immediately!

"Silent Auction Pro Review"

What do you like best?

Fairly easy system to learn. Check in and check out was very easy

What do you dislike?

not being able to see individual reports. Ex: just sponsorship reports

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think this was a good system to work with. I am a Special Events Manager, so I use auction software frequently. There is always room for improvement. I think it would be helpful in Silent Auction Pro to be able to pull special reports- such as JUST sponsorships, or just ticket sales.

Overall, it was fine to work with. I found it slightly more difficult than other software I have used in the past. However, I can say that their staff is TOP NOTCH and was there any time of day to answer any questions that I had- which I had ALOT working with a new system that I was not used to.

With our event, we did not use mobile bidding as the school did not want to. This is a MUST for the next auction our school has.

President
Financial Services

"Silent Auction Pro is an Excellent Tool for Fundraisers"

What do you like best?

The program has all of tools a fundraising team could ask for, and more. I especially like the way I am able to get information in various formats to help manage bidders, seating assignments, ticket purchasers and attendees. The program does require a bit of time to get familiar with so that you know where to go to get the info you need. Fortunately, the support is excellent. Wait times are very quick and staff are conscientious in following up with you and even going above and beyond to make sure your event is a success. I cannot rate their support highly enough! Overall, they are a great partner throughout the event planning and execution cycle!

What do you dislike?

Not as intuitive as it possibly could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of their excellent support

Holding our biggest fundraiser for our non-profit. Reducing costs, managing guests and ensuring expenses and revenue are properly tracked and accounted for.

"Silent Auction Pro is the software to choose!!"

What do you like best?

There are many things that I liked about the software. Some of my favorite features are the reporting, easy navigation and setup features that were used for our online ticket sales. We did not use the bid number feature but have learned from this year; we will want to use that feature next year. Silent Auction Pro makes everything so easy. However, the one thing that makes them outstanding is their customer service. Anytime I had a question, they were there and they were there with the answer I needed.

What do you dislike?

There is not a perfect software for anything, everyone knows that. There are a couple of little things I would like to see differently but we will work together to come up with a solution for those items before the next event!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Silent Auction Pro is extremely professional, reliable and overall a fantastic software. The customer service is the best, especially when you talk to them several times on the day of your event. I was overly stressed about many things leading up to our event but my software was the one thing I had no worries about. I knew I could make a phone call or send an email and have a response immediately.

We used the software for our online ticket sales, tshirt sales and for tracking all of our donated items. Donation entry was easy and the reporting feature was great! We have learned that not using bidder numbers is a mistake, and we plan to implement that into our event next year.

PTO President

"SAP took our school fundraiser into the digital age :)"

What do you like best?

The things I liked best about SAP was that it expanded our reach to people that did not attend our event, therefore raising more money for our school. Also, I think it made it possible for parents to socialize at our event more since they didn't have to be running back and forth to check on silent auction items. It made check-out so fast and easy, people loved to be able to do it on their phones, and knowing instantly which items you won was awesome.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that was challenging was that with learning a new system it's a big learning curve, so I think this first year took a lot more time in figuring things out. Next year things will be so much easier, all our contacts are already loaded, past auction info in the system for reference, and we have already learned most of the ins and outs of the system now. With that said the SAP team was really helpful, we all called and emailed questions a lot and they were all so helpful and supportive of our event.

We had been asked for a few years if we could do an online auction for people that can't attend our fundraising event, or don't want to and we finally were able to make that happen! We raised more money with the help of the online system.

Non-Profit Organization Management

"Silent Auction Pro - Met All Needs at a Great PRice"

What do you like best?

Silent Auction Pro offers all the functions we need for our annual event -- ticket sales, silent and live auction management, fund-a-cause management, and even coordination of payment for participation in games like Heads or Tails. The event/customer service representative checks in frequently and is always helpful. The CEO is also accessible and follows up personally, if needed. I can't imagine getting this level of functionality and customer service at a better price.

What do you dislike?

We had to learn how to manage certain functions - sponsor ticket sales, reconciling potential duplicate entries. However, there were videos and instructions that made learning this easy, and our event representative was easily accessible if we wanted someone to talk us through a process.

Silent Auction Pro has simplified ticket sales and auction management and allowed us to try mobile bidding, which we loved. Our auction and Fund-A-Cause proceeds increased this year as we transitioned to mobile bidding for the first time.

Partner

"The best value software with a minimum learning curve for our Rotary CLub"

What do you like best?

After an extensive search three years ago, we decided on SAP (Silent Auction Pro). It was the best decision we made. We have used it for three years and could not be more satisfied. It has totally eliminated many of the mundane manual process in running a Golf Fund Raiser for our Rotary Club.

What do you dislike?

They still have a few bugs but they are constantly fixing it. The issues are so minor that we hardly notice it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Given the Price/Benefit, this solution for a small non profit is by far the BEST.

Organizing a 100+ person event every year for a small community service Rotary Club is a major undertaking and SAP has helped in our efforts. The best part is being able to bring back any history from the prior years. This is HUGE.

Grants Manager
Government Administration

"Silent Auction Pro has drastically improved our school auction experience and profit!"

What do you like best?

The Silent Auction Pro team thinks of everything for you! As an elementary school auction co-chair, with a full-time job and two kiddos . . . putting on a school auction is a huge undertaking, and not my primary area of expertise, obviously! Silent Auction Pro has helped us transition from a paper only auction to a mobile bidding auction over the past several years. Their customer support is stellar. Always available to walk me through any question and figure out even the smallest question or concern. Their staff even searched for any potential problems the week of auction, found one and fixed it for me! They also helped trouble shoot bidder issues that popped up at the last minute. Truly excellent customer service! AND, their pricing is very competitive!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing in particular I dislike about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Silent Auction Pro was a huge help for our nonprofit auction. Reasonably priced, with outstanding customer service!

Silent Auction Pro helped us transition from a paper based to a mobile bidding auction seamlessly - saving time and increasing profit! Our customers were huge fans of the mobile bidding, and the ability to check themselves out!

Account Manager
Sports

"GREAT SOFTWARE! ESSENTIAL FOR ANY AUCTION!"

What do you like best?

The only reason our event was a such a HUGE success for us was Silent Auction Pro. You all provide great assistance and information to run an event. I have been extremely impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of your entire staff. Vantiv was an easy setup for the payment processing.

The thing we loved about SAP was the online and mobile bidding. Online and mobile bidding increased our revenue by nearly 200%. The system is so easy to manage, setup, and use... it is just crazy. The customer service is second to none.

Truly, a must for any auction...

If you wanna take your event to the next level, SAP is the way to go!

We love it and are sticking with SAP from here on out!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike! As with any software, you must spend some time to get familiar with the system. Great customer service was there at every phone call of every minute before, during, and after the event! Service second to none!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GET IT! You won't be disappointed!

Use every option they have including the online/mobile bidding!

It will take your event to the next level!

Streamlining checkout at our event. This was huge! People just checked out and paid as soon as the auction was over via their phones! NO MORE LONG LINES AT CHECKOUT AND NO MORE PAPER! A HUGE SUCCESS!

Fundraising & Logistrics Assistant
Higher Education

"Great & I hope to be able to use the software again next year for our event!"

What do you like best?

The customer service rep assigned to my case was FANTASTIC - in fact, she reached out to me more than I had to reach out to her. Whether I had a quick easy question or a BIG confusing question, I also felt more confident after talking to her.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback, and it isn't even really a drawback, is that the software can do SO much that I didn't even take advantage of. I am hoping that after learning the basics this time around, I can dig a little deeper next year and use more of the reports and functions that are available to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free trial option and really play around to learn all that is available with the software. And take advantage of the customer rep assigned to you - Becca was the best!

Safe & secure place to store and update contact information. Easy reports. Easy bid sheets. Streamlined check in and check out process.

Non-Profit Organization Management

"Easy to use with a professional look!"

What do you like best?

The support provided by the team kept me moving forward. The were always quick to respond an get me the info I needed. The software is easy to use and pretty intuitive, once you spend a bit of time becoming familiar with it. Pricing was very fair.

What do you dislike?

I felt a bit on my own initially, like I had to figure it all out by myself, but once I reached out for assistance it was all great. I now realize that all I had to do was ask for help, the the staff was very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate. It's great, easy to use, and will make you look like a pro!

We needed to raise fund from outside our normal constituents. Holding an online auction was the ideal way to accomplish this, and with this software, it was easy and looked very professional.

Retired
Gambling & Casinos

"Very professional and easy to work with "

What do you like best?

The quick response to any question no matter how small or if we asked it before they were always ready to assist and wanted our experience to be the best and yes it was the best. The were eager to help and we felt that we had found a great partner to assist us. I would recommend them without any reservations. If you are looking for a online auction partner pursue Silent Auction Pro you will not be disappointed

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that we disliked. Our first venture into online auction and it was great .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes with out reservation

We have been doing a Silent Auction for over 10 years and we always wanted to take it up a notch and going online did just that took us to the next level.

"500 Guests and 200+ Auction Items and all went Smoothly!"

What do you like best?

Our first time using Silent Auction Pro at our non-profit gala with 500 guests. It went very smooth for our 1st time. We did have a Silent Auction Pro staff member on site to quickly handle non-standard charges. The Kiosk/Proxy bidding makes it easy for those that do not want to use their mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. There are a couple of things I would do different, such as add a new tag in Contacts to differentiate attendees from other contacts but nothing in the software that we disliked.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We purchased the software in November and the gala was in February. In that short time we learned the product, setup and configured all our guests, donors, donation and auction items. Learning is easy and the online help and YouTube videos are good.

The results are instant. Check-out is a breeze. No long lines.

Hospital & Health Care

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

This is terrific software, especially for a smaller nonprofit. What sold the software to us is that when I inquired about it online on a Saturday, I got an immediate phone call from the owner of the company and software developer. This was very typical of all interaction with this company throughout our use of the software - we got immediate responses from support when we had questions, they understand that auctions happen on weekends and support needs to be available then, and when we found a few quirks in the software they were repaired immediately, often by the developer personally. We previously used Greater Giving and BidPal; all three have features that I like and don't like, but overall SilentAuctionPro is by far the best value for the price. The a la carte pricing is a huge benefit for nonprofits like ours that cannot use all features (i.e. online bidding). Overall, from last year to this year (BidPal to SilentAuctionPro), we went from about 100 to 195 attendees, from $25K gross to $45K gross, and from our worst checkout ever to our best. The instruction files, help menus, videos, etc were by the far the best of any nonprofit software we have used. We were invoiced after the auction for the software, which could be of great benefit for a nonprofit just starting out with their first auction.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to have a website where people can enter their own donations and have them populate as donation items in the system. There were a few quirks like the system not liking quote marks and ampersands. I would like for there to be a bit more explanation on the page about the security of registering your card as many of my guests weren't comfortable doing so at the time of ticket purchase. It would also be great to have more customization options for the ticket sales page. Because of the way we run our auction, I would very much prefer to be able to assign bidder #s to a household rather than to an individual, but this would have been fine if we had noticed it earlier and planned accordingly. I would also like to be able to customize a bit more on the receipts, include ticket descriptions, etc. I would have set up our fixed price items differently than we were advised to as I don't think it was the best option for our auction and was a bit of a hiccup, but in fairness it was something we didn't get to in advance and did on the fly, so it would have been avoidable with a little planning. Although the reports are generally pretty great, I did have to piece together a few to get to what I needed which could be a pain for someone with less Excel experience. Really minor, but because we can't use online bidding, I print our bidsheets on carbonless paper. Would very much prefer that the half sheet option printed as a 2up because I ended up reformatting them in Adobe to save printing cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely do your homework on auction software before going with one, especially if you have quirky needs. They all have different little quirks and strengths and weaknesses. Ideally, request a trial usage of the software and make sure it does everything you need. Enter sales, print receipts, etc.

We run a gala event at a horse farm, with a silent and live auction, ticket sales, item sales, and donations. We have limited internet and power capabilities and need a software product that makes administration simple and quick.

"Silent Auction Pro makes our Silent Auction Stress Free!"

What do you like best?

I love that our families are able to enjoy the event and not puppy guard the items they are bidding on. The mobile bidding option makes it easy for people to sit at their table with their friends, rather than hanging out by the silent auction. With the ability to set a proxy bid, it is easy for our families to support our organization with their max bid. Finally, we have so many people who are able to bid on our items without physically being at the event. This is probably the best feature in my opinion, but the stress free checkout is great too.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that was a little annoying at first to get used to was that every attendee at the event gets a bidder number. As most spouses only want one number for the event, it is always a little bit of an effort at check in to see which number they want to use, and then link the credit to that one.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you take the phone calls from the Event Coaches as they can help you with so many different questions. They are there to help your event succeed!

We are a small private school with limited staff resources. SAP allows me to run the event and save man power and hours worked by offering the simplified check out at the end of the night as long as you collect cell phone, email and credit card information at check in.

AC

"Great Program and Awesome Service!"

What do you like best?

I found this system to be very user friendly. The few times that I had questions or needed assistance, the Silent Auction Pro team was quick to respond and made things much more simple than I was trying to make it. This was our first time doing an online silent auction and I feel that this was PERFECT for us! I was also very pleased with the ability to post pictures and lengthy descriptions with the items we were auctioning off. The payment process for the auction winners was wonderful! They were able to quickly pay and the reports that the system provided to us truly made delivery and follow up easy for us.

What do you dislike?

The only issue that I had was that this system seems to be set up for those who are having "an event" along with the silent auction. Sometimes, that made things a little confusing for me as we were only doing the online auction. A couple of little changes could be made for those who do not have events so that there are options for both types.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an Online Silent Auction program for your organization - you cannot do any better than this!

We are a small Kiwanis Club which does not have many options when doing fundraising. A lot of other programs tend to be geared towards large clubs and organizations - Silent Auction Pro was not. The benefits are simple - Ease Of Use, Great Customer Service, Awesome Auction Site = Income For Us To Better Serve Our Community.

Sr Sales Director/ Marketing Manager

"Silent Auction Pro has streamlined our events!"

What do you like best?

I love this that software handles everything for our entire event, not just the silent auction. We use it for ticket sales, to print out bid sheets and info sheets for our auction, to keep all the records and reports, for check out, for sending emails and letters to attendees and donors, and for generating tax receipts for donors.

What do you dislike?

When I do come across something I don't like or think could be improved I simply let them know at Silent Auction Pro and they are always willing to improve things based on my feedback. Their customer service is excellent!

I have solved the problem of having to use several different programs to run my events. It is also a benefit that all the information on donors and attendees is saved from each event. That makes subsequent events easier.

"Using this system took our event to a whole new level."

What do you like best?

We are a day and boarding school, so using mobile bidding allowed our parents from around the world and around the country to participate in the silent auction even though they could not attend the event.

What do you dislike?

For people who are not tech savvy, there is a learning curve getting yourself set up to participate in mobile bidding. Some of our parents and grandparents became frustrated the first year and missed the social aspect of checking on the bidding sheets.

Tracking profit margins on items, who paid the night of the event, who still owes for items they "won" at the auction, exactly where you stand on any given day on ticket sales,, etc are all positive aspects of this program.

Property Manager
Real Estate

"Best customer support around"

What do you like best?

This is a very user friendly platform, which allows for ease of use and training. There are a ton of how to's in the help section, if you can't find what you need in that section, their customer support team is top notch. We will be using this software for years to come.

What do you dislike?

Getting to different places within the software is a bit time consuming. It would be helpful to have frequently used shortcuts, placed within the software to be able to jump around quicker.

Having a one stop shop type of software has greatly simplified our fundraising efforts. this system is easy to use and can be used from processing tickets sales, to running reports and much more.

Silent Auction Pro Pricing