Shotcut

4.0

Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor.

Work for Shotcut?

Learning about Shotcut?

Shotcut Reviews

Megan B.

"Amazing Video Editing Software"

What do you like best?

I have been trying to find an open source video editor for a while. After many disappointments, I have been blown away by Shotcut. It took the odd format my screencap software used. It allowed for audio filters. Splitting video was easy. I love this software

What do you dislike?

I admit, I did not know where to add my video segments at first. The playlist is a bit confusing and when the app first opens, You don't immediately get a timeline. But I figured it out in less than 10 min so I'm not bothered by it.

Producing course videos, editing, improving sound quality

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Shotcut
Showing 19 Shotcut reviews
Jyothika J.

"Open Source video editor"

What do you like best?

It is one of the best video editor software which is very easy to use and install. It includes different feature and tools for the good functioning of software. It helps in producing quality material with these features. It supports different formats of video, audios etc. for trimming, cutting and overlaying, Each new file can be stored as a different project so that it is easy to access the older files. It is easy to use that the features are very easy ti understand and use.

What do you dislike?

It really don't have much negatives but I think the beginners may find little difficult to use but if they try understanding each features this would be the best software for video editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have been using this software for my office works which makes me more easier to edit the videos and also adding audios and texts. I 100% will recommend this software to people around since it is also a open and free source platform.

I have been using this software for my pathway video editing so that I could trim and cut the video portion which I need for my work purpose. I feel it very easy and makes my work faster for formatting the video and adding text and audios. The features are very easy to access and different tools helps in improving the video quality.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Shotcut
Sumeet M.

"There's no better video platform than Shotcut"

What do you like best?

It's a free editor which saved our lot's of money and as it is open source so there are constant update and improvements.

What do you dislike?

We wish if it has some more features and template similar to other commercial video editors. As it's free and open source so getting the desired support is little bit time consuming as such.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can save money and efforts in trying Shotcut before buying any commercial video editor.

We have a dedicated Youtube channel i.e., RTIwala TV for which we need to do a lot of video editing for our videos of all formats. Secondly, as we're a remote first startup so we can provide Shotcut to as many teammates as possible for no extra cost.

What Video Editing solution do you use?

Jose M.

"Let's Talk About ShotCut."

What do you like best?

ShotCut is a software that serves for video editing and conversion, it is intuitive, so it is not difficult to use and you can learn it yourself, it is compatible with several video formats and because it is easy to use, there are several tutorials that teach the main tools of the program.

What do you dislike?

Shotcut does not have many effects resources for video and it is a heavy software, so for some users it is slow on their computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it for all those users who want to edit their videos in an easy, fast and simple way.

Thanks to ShotCut I have been able to edit my videos for presentations in the area of ​​medicine.

Michael E.

"Simplest, easiest, and really free video editor "

What do you like best?

Very fast learning curve, easy to use, all the basic functions. True open source - not freemium, no upgrade pitches, no ads.

What do you dislike?

Interface is a little unusual, a few "standard" features seem missing, e.g., the ability to dial frames one at a time while seeing the audio bars, auto settings to output to Youtube. These may even be there but I couldn't find them. Processing was also a little slow. But these are minor compared to overall capabilities and ease of use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for part-time editors

Need easy to use occasional video editor for instructional vids.

AM
Agency in Machinery

"Best Cross- Platform Video Editor "

What do you like best?

SHOTCUT is reliable, that makes editing task simple and effective.

you can alter its source codes to creat high quality, esaly integrated, and secure application.

the software is also free.

I like the most thing about SHOTCUT is a popular image format such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TGA ect. well showing images.

video effect was good, and more video filter

there are many thing was good.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing more nagative thing but when we are using the first time than some problem face in understanding and learn about SHOTCUT software, otherwise, this software was hardly using the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, sure i will tell you every one to use this SHOTCUT editor

I have used the software when i made a video for social media i could trim and cut the video portion which i need. i feel very easily use the SHOTCUT video editor. feature are very easy to access

Megan B.

"Amazing Video Editing Software"

Producing course videos, editing, improving sound quality

User in Media Production

"Pretty good for home use, not quite ready for pro use"

What do you like best?

Very easy to edit video. Simple interface allows you to get editing right away. Shotcut plays most video codecs without any problem, where other programs require additional codecs that cost extra.

What do you dislike?

Putting titles on clips in Shotcut is one of 2 major drawbacks. It treats titles as a filter on a clip. If you want it to go over multiple clips it becomes difficult.The other major issue for pros, is that it doesn't read the clip timecode.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a good editing program for home videos, Shotcut is a good, free, program that works on Windows and Mac. For professionals it's not really up to par, except in emergencies.

While I wouldn't use Shotcut for a pro project at this point, if I was stuck where I couldn't use my Premeiere Pro, I know that I can download and use Shotcut in an emergency.

Hossein m.

"Create Software for Creating Quality Videos"

What do you like best?

This software is great, you can make quality videos easily. The software is easy to use and allows you to compile videos clips, make edits to the clips, add music, and so much more and so good for anithings you like that edit !

What do you dislike?

The software was incredible at putting clips together and making a smooth transition from one clip to another, it did however take some doing to get it just right. The final product was also real choppy when previewing it, so always had to export to see what it actually looked like, which wasnt choppy at all

Recommendations to others considering the product:

make quality videos easy

make quality videos

"Best Opensource tool for Video Editing"

What do you like best?

Extensibility: As an Opensource tool, I like the fact that Shotcut is cross-platform compatible. It has a smooth user interface, transitions and quick at rendering videos in any format. Another cool feature is the ability to recover your edits even after a crash or power outage. Attaching and detaching both video and audio in an efficient way. also, it has Excellent GPU features which I find amazing.

What do you dislike?

.Sometimes during editing, the video jumps or skips some parts. The online community is not much proactive as expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need not only Quality videos but also a cross-platform tool Try Shotcut.

Quick and High-quality editing of business ads.

"Very Useful Easy editing software"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Shotcut is that it is very advanced yet simple when it comes to the interface. It feels really nice when you get to do a lot of things without struggle.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I find lacking is a very rich interface. It can be improved with a very immersive user interface. I hope this will come up with some updates soon.

I find editing videos easier.

User in Construction

"Shotcut"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the excellent many customizable filters and the precise well designed interface.

I like that it’s free, therefore an inexpensive alternative to other video editing apps and it doesn’t have ads popping up.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that there are not any premade export profiles for different kinds of devices.

Shotcut allows me to edit my videos for my small business by adding and combining customizable filters to stand out from other business videos. I can easily trim and move my clips around to best fit my marketing video because this is such a user friendly program.

UF

"Extremely use to advertise your Business - shortcut "

What do you like best?

It's easy to make a better video about your business and Advertisement, open source software is better than license software, it has a great auto-recovery system which comes in handy, The filters are really powerful, Despite the interface being fairly basic, if you just want to edit sections of a video this is really easy.

What do you dislike?

Having edited my video and saved it, it took a bit of figuring out that it then needed encoding and saving, but that process went smoothly and the result was good, Support website is not help

Advertising our business vlog

"The most acessible Video Editor for Everyone"

What do you like best?

The full featured side of the software and the multi platform capability.

What do you dislike?

Some minor bugs here and there, but not a deal breaker (after all is totally free)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The best free editor for everyone who is starting to create videos.

Creating videos and helping my clients to create better videos

"Shotcut || Great Open source video editing software"

What do you like best?

- The best thing about "shotcut" is that it's free.User can make a video in a couple of minutes also the drag and drop feature is very useful.

- HD (4K) quality videos can also gets edited through this open source software.

- Another cool feature is that the edits can be recovered even after outage of power and Splitting video is easy through this software.

What do you dislike?

Bit complicated need to watch some tutorial videos before using this software.

Rapid open source software with effortless video editor.

"There's no one batter video platform the shotcut"

What do you like best?

This one editor software was free like no one.

This software is open source so there are constan improvement.

What do you dislike?

I wish if it has new more features and functions. as it is free and open source so getting the disire support is little bit time.

We have dadicated social midia i.e, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook.

We need to a lot of things for our video editing.

Need easy to use video editor for social medias

I
Internal Consultant

"You get what you pay for sometimes"

What do you like best?

Decent option for free editing and rendering videos now that Windows Movie Maker is gone

What do you dislike?

The interface and level of control you get feels very overwhelming and "open source", needs a bit more UX consideration

Recommendations to others considering the product:

we eventually moved to OpenShot and have been relatively happy, but both take more time to learn than WMM or iMovie

offering a free editing software on PC for users

"Great Editing Platform"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use. It supports many codes of video and audio formats.

What do you dislike?

At this moment there is nothing that I dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great product to use. It is easy and the price is perfect.

Supports popular image formats such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TGA, TIFF, WebP as well as image sequences

UG
User in Government Administration

"Great video editor for Mac users"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, has a ton of features not found on free software, and provides assistance to create awesome video content.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see software that provides suggestions and how to videos to help get the most out of the software.

Marketing.

UB
User in Banking

"Well designed interface"

What do you like best?

Excellent file format support.Fully customization filters

What do you dislike?

No ready-made export profiles for different devices

Editing videos

Learning about Shotcut?

* We monitor all Shotcut reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.