ShareVault Reviews & Product Details

ShareVault Overview

What is ShareVault?

The ShareVault virtual data room makes it easy for you to securely share confidential documents with third parties. Backed by the experience of billions of dollars in deal transactions, ShareVault is the preferred virtual data room for M&A, Asset Sales, Fundraising, Licensing/Partnering, and Board Collaboration. Thousands of large, medium and small companies, VCs, investment bankers, law firms and accountants rely on ShareVault's simple and secure platform for streamlined due diligence. Compared to consumer-grade solutions, ShareVault virtual data rooms offer many features that give you control and document intelligence with the highest level of document protection and monitoring available.

ShareVault Details
Arabic, Bengali, Czech, Danish, Greek, English, Persian, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Armenian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Mongolian, Punjabi, Polish, Spanish, Thai, Chinese (Simplified), Tibetan

ShareVault provides the best cloud based document sharing platform and Virtual Data Room. It's easy to use and has all security features that businesses need.

ShareVault is the clear leader in feature completeness for secure external document sharing, and taking into account the total cost of ownership (TCO), it provides the most cost-effective solution.

ShareVault
2003
Los Gatos, CA
@ShareVault

ShareVault Videos

ShareVault Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the ShareVault community
Have you used ShareVault before?

ShareVault Reviews

Showing 6 ShareVault reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have ShareVault?
Grant Manager
What do you like best?

With ShareVault, it is very easy to upload and tag items, assign appropriate permissions, and access reports. Setting up automatic email reports of weekly access logs was straightforward. One great feature is that regardless of document type uploaded, ShareVault converts it to PDF--removing an extra step. The set up is also aesthetically pleasing, which makes it nice to work with (although sometimes I do wish they had a dark mode).

There are a few small quirks in the software that can be frustrating at times, but the staff is always amenable to suggestions for potential improvements. I really like how they are willing to spend the time with organizations to help them figure out how to make the software work best for their goals. The software is super flexible to work with many types of businesses and endeavors and I trust it for confidential document sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few minor issues in reporting style and group assignment that we would prefer to be arranged a different way, but this is something we have discussed with ShareVault and they might be able to integrate in the future. Until then, they have provided us some ideas with how to work around it. Another minor frustration is the page reloading rate, which can get annoying when you are trying to upload and tag multiple documents quickly. Please note, however, that I have not yet reported this issue so there is a chance that it could be resolved in future iterations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think ShareVault is a great product with a fantastic support team. It may have a few quirks, but I definitely believe it to be worth the cost, as the security and document control options are top notch. They can prevent screenshotting and printing of documents. They can add a legal disclaimer and personalized watermarks. When a non-admin views a document on ShareVault, they cannot share it through screen share on Zoom. The only way someone can copy items from a company's ShareVault would be to take a low quality picture of their screen from a different device, so documents feel wholly secure. The features also make it easy to use and save time in some instances. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do like that it keeps a log of uploads and deletions. This was an unexpected but nice feature for our internal document control. I also like how easy it is to duplicate permissions between different groups. We can also get into really granular document control for specific parties and that has been super helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Zachary Sonnenschein of ShareVault

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for your thorough review!

We are happy to hear that your team has been making use of our robust security features and comprehensive reporting logs. As a customer-centric company, we are always looking for feedback and feature requests from our clients and appreciate your contribution!

Regarding the page reloading rate, this is not something I have heard from other users and we would love to dig deeper. Please contact us at support@sharevault.net

AH
What do you like best?

2SV - great security; user friendly interface; good functionality Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

can be slow and sometimes error lose connection Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VDR - sharing confidential documents with external parties Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in ShareVault
AB
What do you like best?

The tech assistance availability and friendliness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The docusign connector limitations. Can be tricky to get set-up properly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to store records securely and electronically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Zachary Sonnenschein of ShareVault

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback!

Our number one priority is to delight our customers with our people, product and processes and we are happy to hear that you have had a great experience with our support team.

I’d love to learn more about your thoughts on our Docusign connector and loop my product team in on potential improvements! Feel free to contact me: Zach@sharevault.com

AE
What do you like best?

Share Vault is a wonderful system to use if you are trying to share and collaborate on documents in a safe and secure area. You can add users and place restrictions or parameters around them. You can place a viewing only feature on users allowing them to view the document(S) only. They will be unable to share, screenshot, save, print, download, or forward to someone. You are also able to run reports on all users to see where they send documents and how long they spend on something. They give every user a confidentiality notice so they have to agree to not share the files and documents that they view. As the administrator you are able to manage the documents into files and separate folders. You have the ability to structure it however you want to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You are unable to upload larger content like videos. There will be no way to play or save them since they are such large files. We are unable to merge and integrate this with our current in house systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend looking at their website and products to see if this is what you need. They have a 24/7 support team and have the ability to schedule a live demo and trial for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are currently looking to implement and have done a trial and demo with the staff. It has been great. We will deploy in the next 3-4 months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Esteban D Romero of ShareVault

Hi there,

We appreciate the excellent review. Have you heard about our recent update with the upgraded reports page? It now features the ability to schedule reports, and it provides improved visual insights for reporting. Let us know if you’d like a quick demo of all of our new functionalities.

While video is undoubtedly on our road map, we currently have a proof of concept I’d love to get your thoughts on. In addition, we offer an API that can be used to integrate systems we don’t provide a direct connector to; for example, an in-house system. Please reach out or visit us online to learn how we can help.

UA
What do you like best?

I see the Share Vault as a tool that helps connect those who need to collaborate on projects. It has many resources set up to learn and use this services which is great. I work on many joint projects so this is a wonderful resources for teams to use who are working on documents together in real-time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Whomever starts the project should be able to grant rights to those sharing a document the ability to print the document with a signature and dated form that can be easily added with some terminology about the rights and regulations of granting printing rights. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If I had a say in using this sort of product to my executive team then I would suggest it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A problem sharevault would solve for me would be having the most current data and changes from the rest of the team in a real-time environment. I see why the life sciences and litigation would find this useful, but I work for a government contract in research and development and I can see many useful ways to use this within our classified walls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Investment Banking Analyst
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Easy to use, and very easy to navigate through the software. Definitely recommend to any beginner trying to get into the industry Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There weren't as many features as I would like. Please add a few more. While i say this, it is a step in the right direction and will continue to get better as it grows. These interviews are a great step Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This was very easy, It was nice to use this program when I first started my job. Getting used to the software this is definitely the best program to us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Checking through deals, which was made easier through the software. Definitely helps keep you organized with all of your data in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.