ShareVault Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

Customer service oriented, simple solutions for complex tasks, cost effective Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this point we have had no issues and any questions have been easily solved or communicated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Need for safe, secure and efficient viewing of watermarked information with other companies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Esteban D Romero of ShareVault

Hi Lisa,

ShareVault loves keeping it simple! :) And we are glad you found our current pricing cost-effective. The number one complaint we hear about legacy data rooms is that they are too expensive.

Have you had a chance to try out our upgraded dynamic watermarking feature? Last year we implemented the ability to adjust the transparency of the watermark. Now documents that are light don’t have to be overpowered with a dark watermark so the text is legible.

Let us know if you’d be open to a 5-minute demo: steve@sharevault.com.

ShareVault Overview

What is ShareVault?

The ShareVault virtual data room makes it easy for you to securely share confidential documents with third parties. Backed by the experience of billions of dollars in deal transactions, ShareVault is the preferred virtual data room for M&A, Asset Sales, Fundraising, Licensing/Partnering, and Board Collaboration. Thousands of large, medium and small companies, VCs, investment bankers, law firms and accountants rely on ShareVault's simple and secure platform for streamlined due diligence. Compared to consumer-grade solutions, ShareVault virtual data rooms offer many features that give you control and document intelligence with the highest level of document protection and monitoring available.

ShareVault Details
Arabic, Bengali, Czech, Danish, Greek, English, Persian, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Armenian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Mongolian, Punjabi, Polish, Spanish, Thai, Chinese (Simplified), Tibetan

ShareVault provides the best cloud based document sharing platform and Virtual Data Room. It's easy to use and has all security features that businesses need.

ShareVault is the clear leader in feature completeness for secure external document sharing, and taking into account the total cost of ownership (TCO), it provides the most cost-effective solution.

ShareVault
2003
Los Gatos, CA
@ShareVault

ShareVault Videos

ShareVault Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the ShareVault community
Have you used ShareVault before?

ShareVault Reviews

Showing 20 ShareVault reviews
Already have ShareVault?
Grant Manager
What do you like best?

With ShareVault, it is very easy to upload and tag items, assign appropriate permissions, and access reports. Setting up automatic email reports of weekly access logs was straightforward. One great feature is that regardless of document type uploaded, ShareVault converts it to PDF--removing an extra step. The set up is also aesthetically pleasing, which makes it nice to work with (although sometimes I do wish they had a dark mode).

There are a few small quirks in the software that can be frustrating at times, but the staff is always amenable to suggestions for potential improvements. I really like how they are willing to spend the time with organizations to help them figure out how to make the software work best for their goals. The software is super flexible to work with many types of businesses and endeavors and I trust it for confidential document sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few minor issues in reporting style and group assignment that we would prefer to be arranged a different way, but this is something we have discussed with ShareVault and they might be able to integrate in the future. Until then, they have provided us some ideas with how to work around it. Another minor frustration is the page reloading rate, which can get annoying when you are trying to upload and tag multiple documents quickly. Please note, however, that I have not yet reported this issue so there is a chance that it could be resolved in future iterations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think ShareVault is a great product with a fantastic support team. It may have a few quirks, but I definitely believe it to be worth the cost, as the security and document control options are top notch. They can prevent screenshotting and printing of documents. They can add a legal disclaimer and personalized watermarks. When a non-admin views a document on ShareVault, they cannot share it through screen share on Zoom. The only way someone can copy items from a company's ShareVault would be to take a low quality picture of their screen from a different device, so documents feel wholly secure. The features also make it easy to use and save time in some instances. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do like that it keeps a log of uploads and deletions. This was an unexpected but nice feature for our internal document control. I also like how easy it is to duplicate permissions between different groups. We can also get into really granular document control for specific parties and that has been super helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Zachary Sonnenschein of ShareVault

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for your thorough review!

We are happy to hear that your team has been making use of our robust security features and comprehensive reporting logs. As a customer-centric company, we are always looking for feedback and feature requests from our clients and appreciate your contribution!

Regarding the page reloading rate, this is not something I have heard from other users and we would love to dig deeper. Please contact us at support@sharevault.net

Partner, Chief Operating Officer
What do you like best?

ShareVault is highly secure, with mandatory 2FA available for all users and admins, and multiple layers of security. And it is highly accessible and reliable - me , my team, and my clients are all able to access ShareVault at any time via web browser. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

ShareVault has consistently improved the application so that it runs fast and smoothly - would like to see them continue this trend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ShareVault has provided a highly-secure document repository to share a set of documents with clients from dozens of different companies. ShareVault gives our clients nearly instantaneous access to multiple years worth of documents. ShareVault is a valuable self-service portal which decreases email traffic and increases satisfaction for clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Zachary Sonnenschein of ShareVault

Hi Jack,

We appreciate the review and are happy to hear that your team has been enjoying the service over the years!

As you mentioned, we are constantly looking to improve our application and are excited for what we have planned over the year. If you’d like to learn more about our 2021 roadmap, you can reach me at Zach@ShareVault.com.

QA Specialist
What do you like best?

Clients have raved of the ease of use of Sharevault in locating and opening documents. Sharevault provides easy access for document uploading and customer service is A+ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Have not found anything that I dislike yet. System is great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since we are performing virtual audits due to the current pandemic, Sharevault allows us to easily share files with clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Zachary Sonnenschein of ShareVault

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for trusting ShareVault to support your virtual audits. We are a customer driven company and are happy to hear that we have been hitting the mark for your team!

EI
What do you like best?

Granular controls, quick and helpful customer support, has all the features that any data room manager would need Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More complicated than general solutions like Box, takes a little time to figure out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ShareVault has worked well for us and we are standardizing on it as our virtual data room for due diligence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've used it three times for deal due diligence. Gives us very good control on sharing documents, viewing activity and managing privacy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Zachary Sonnenschein of ShareVault

Hi There,

Thank you for your feedback!

I am happy to hear that we have been able to support your team throughout multiple deals. Have you been using our account administration update? This feature allows you to create new data rooms, monitor your usage and easily set up new transactions.

Our clients are using this feature to quickly set up projects as they surface. If you’d like a quick demo on how this is done, please contact me at zach@sharevault.com

AH
What do you like best?

2SV - great security; user friendly interface; good functionality Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

can be slow and sometimes error lose connection Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VDR - sharing confidential documents with external parties Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in ShareVault
AB
What do you like best?

The tech assistance availability and friendliness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The docusign connector limitations. Can be tricky to get set-up properly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to store records securely and electronically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Zachary Sonnenschein of ShareVault

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback!

Our number one priority is to delight our customers with our people, product and processes and we are happy to hear that you have had a great experience with our support team.

I’d love to learn more about your thoughts on our Docusign connector and loop my product team in on potential improvements! Feel free to contact me: Zach@sharevault.com

EVP R&D
What do you like best?

Their support organization is the best I have ever experienced. I have many years of experience in the life sciences industry using data room for due diligence. ShareVault is the best I have worked with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints. The functionality is there and they respond quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check it out and make sure their file conversion works. There are some formats they can't handle Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using ShareVault as a secure data room for our Series C financing and for Partnering Due Diligence. We've had about 80 uses in our area with no issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Esteban D Romero of ShareVault

Hi John,

Thank you for trusting ShareVault with your Series C and the partnering due diligence! We are a market-driven customer-centric company and it's a “must” for us to provide the best customer service. I’m happy to hear that you appreciate the support our team provided.

I'd love to learn more regarding the unsupported files you mention. We currently support ~300 hundred file formats and plan to continue adding new types on a regular basis. Please feel free to email me: steve@sharevault.com. Thank you!

AE
What do you like best?

Share Vault is a wonderful system to use if you are trying to share and collaborate on documents in a safe and secure area. You can add users and place restrictions or parameters around them. You can place a viewing only feature on users allowing them to view the document(S) only. They will be unable to share, screenshot, save, print, download, or forward to someone. You are also able to run reports on all users to see where they send documents and how long they spend on something. They give every user a confidentiality notice so they have to agree to not share the files and documents that they view. As the administrator you are able to manage the documents into files and separate folders. You have the ability to structure it however you want to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You are unable to upload larger content like videos. There will be no way to play or save them since they are such large files. We are unable to merge and integrate this with our current in house systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend looking at their website and products to see if this is what you need. They have a 24/7 support team and have the ability to schedule a live demo and trial for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are currently looking to implement and have done a trial and demo with the staff. It has been great. We will deploy in the next 3-4 months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Esteban D Romero of ShareVault

Hi there,

We appreciate the excellent review. Have you heard about our recent update with the upgraded reports page? It now features the ability to schedule reports, and it provides improved visual insights for reporting. Let us know if you’d like a quick demo of all of our new functionalities.

While video is undoubtedly on our road map, we currently have a proof of concept I’d love to get your thoughts on. In addition, we offer an API that can be used to integrate systems we don’t provide a direct connector to; for example, an in-house system. Please reach out or visit us online to learn how we can help.

UA
What do you like best?

I see the Share Vault as a tool that helps connect those who need to collaborate on projects. It has many resources set up to learn and use this services which is great. I work on many joint projects so this is a wonderful resources for teams to use who are working on documents together in real-time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Whomever starts the project should be able to grant rights to those sharing a document the ability to print the document with a signature and dated form that can be easily added with some terminology about the rights and regulations of granting printing rights. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If I had a say in using this sort of product to my executive team then I would suggest it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A problem sharevault would solve for me would be having the most current data and changes from the rest of the team in a real-time environment. I see why the life sciences and litigation would find this useful, but I work for a government contract in research and development and I can see many useful ways to use this within our classified walls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Investment Banking Analyst
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Easy to use, and very easy to navigate through the software. Definitely recommend to any beginner trying to get into the industry Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There weren't as many features as I would like. Please add a few more. While i say this, it is a step in the right direction and will continue to get better as it grows. These interviews are a great step Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This was very easy, It was nice to use this program when I first started my job. Getting used to the software this is definitely the best program to us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Checking through deals, which was made easier through the software. Definitely helps keep you organized with all of your data in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I appreciate the range of features that sharevault offers. Compared to many of the other data room services sharevault offers a large range that are valuable in a variety of situations. Sharevault has also shown a dedication to update their services to fit our needs as a company, including technical support and helping us understand our business better, so much as initiating research efforts to optimize storage of unique file types that are extremely uncommon. Through projects like this Sharevault has demonstrated a commitment to improving user experience and utility of their platform which I find to be a hallmark trait of a high quality company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While I recognize the utility of the tag structure I find it might be helpful if there was a more intuitive or user friendly feature to allow for document tiering or staging for diligence processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use sharevault across a number of domains, it acts as our archive for internal documents and functions as a platform for partnering efforts and document sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Esteban D Romero of ShareVault

Hi, Evan! You would really get a kick out of ShareVault 4.1, here’s a link to a blog that talks about some, but not all, of the new features:

We are the only data room that allows you to tag documents. The benefit of tagging is that you only have to upload a document once, but it can be viewed in multiple categories within the index. If you make an update to the document it will be reflected across every location it’s referenced and tagged. This feature saves our clients time and money because they don’t have to upload and update the document multiple times, which would use up more storage than necessary.

I’d welcome a conversation to explore how we can make this functionality better and easier to use. Please feel free to send me an email, and we can chat: steve@sharevault.com.

Chief Operating Officer
Consumer Goods
What do you like best?

ShareVault's ability to control and monitor access to our data room, including the straight forward setup of new users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Glitchy cross platform performance with certain browsers like Safari when trying to upload files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Secure and controlled access to specific sets of data to outside parties for due diligence reviews. We are also using it internally for data sharing of information that is already in ShareVault rather than using other data sharing services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Esteban D Romero of ShareVault

Hey, Mike! Thank you for trusting ShareVault to secure the confidential documents you used for due diligence. Hopefully, the ease of use, deal intelligence, and mobile applications had a positive impact on your deal value. We strive to accelerate due diligence to maximize valuations and increase overall productivity and efficiency with our solution.

I’d love to dig deeper into the cross-platform performance glitchiness you experienced. This isn't something we typically hear about from our other users and may be something you no longer experience with our latest UI. Please feel free to reach out: steve@sharevault.com.

AB
What do you like best?

ShareVault is so easy to use, just drag and drop. The tagging allows us to upload one document and share with different stakeholders without crossover. The system we used before would have us upload a separate document for each stakeholder and charge us for the duplication of that data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Sometimes i miss tagging an item when I upload it (drag and drop) and have to go back and tag it. Maybe that could be more intuitive though once I realize I missed it very easy to apply tag. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Invest in a package a little larger than you think you need. Once you see how easy it is you will end up using it more Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We share documents with Auditors, outside council, and for due diligence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Esteban D Romero of ShareVault

Thank you for your review! Biotech companies especially love our tag-based index and our inter-document hyper-linking. We’re currently the only data room with both of these features. Have you tried using our eCTD viewer for INDs yet?

The tag-based index is very powerful but does require some getting used to, especially when making the switch from a legacy data room. Many of our customers were unaware that there was something better out there before we introduced them to ShareVault’s tagging feature.

Executive Director, Clinical Research
Biotechnology
What do you like best?

ShareVault has a very user-friendly interface. Navigation is intuitive and simple. Limited to no training is needed to use the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice to add increased granularity to user access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to finalize and share documents within the company. The audit trail provides us enough comfort in who's doing what, while still allowing the end user to view what they need easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Esteban D Romero of ShareVault

Hi Amanda,

We're glad to hear you found ShareVault intuitive and easy to use. Although you didn’t require training, please know that both you and your end users are always welcome to request 1:1 training or to call into our 24/7 support line. Our mission is always to delight customers with our people, product and process.

In your feedback, you mention that it would be nice if we offered granular user access. Have you tried using our customizable policies? ShareVault is one of the most customizable data rooms in the market.

Please let us know if it makes sense to review together: steve@sharevault.com

AP
What do you like best?

The system is very intuitive, easy to use eg drag and drop features, and has great functionality. Support from the company has been great too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some third party users have experienced some interface problems but Sharevault has been on hand to support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

While primarily used for due diligence purposes, it is also acting as a great depository for our company files Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Esteban D Romero of ShareVault

It’s great to hear that you’re not only using our solution for due diligence but also as a corporate repository. Our mission is to delight our customers with our people, product and process. I’m glad you enjoyed your experience with our 24/7/365 support team. Last year we added customer success, a level higher than traditional support to help with onboarding and maximizing value. The goal is to ensure we have a positive business impact by increasing productivity and efficiency, in addition to boosting revenue while reducing operating expenses.

AM
What do you like best?

Very supportive of startups with flexible commercial arrangements in line with matching investment cash flow.

Excellent administration support.

Excellent technical support via their international phone help.

User friendly data managing platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

User interface could be simplified, however the tech savvy seem to have no problems with quickly utilising software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to track access to our secure proprietary company data.

This enables us peace of mind when dealing with investment entities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Esteban D Romero of ShareVault

Thank you for the compliment and for trusting ShareVault to provide you with “peace of mind when dealing with investment entities.”

We have recently made several improvements to our platform, including a new user interface that is even more intuitive and easy to use. Please let us know if you’d be interested in a demo of ShareVault 4.1: steve@sharevault.com.

CEO
Pharmaceuticals
What do you like best?

We like the easy to navigate interface, quick upload, being able to upload 1 file and tag it to multiple folders to save storage space. The customer service has also been great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have more customizable fields for individual groups. An example is one of our clients wanted to receive updates every time a new file was uploaded to a particular folder. However, if you turn on the alert, it emails everyone that has access to that folder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sharing secure information regarding our drug development plans to investors and potential partners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Esteban D Romero of ShareVault

Hi Jonathan,

The ability to upload documents quickly and render them even faster is very important to ShareVault. We are glad you found value in how snappy and responsive our solution is. We strive to have a positive business impact on customers by making them more efficient and productive so they can focus on the important stuff and not have to worry about the technology used to facilitate the transaction.

I’m all ears and would love to better understand your thoughts on adding more customizable fields for groups. Please email us and we’ll chat soon: steve@sharevault.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Easy to learn and train file upload and management, user and group management, and data access tools. Find it particularly useful and easy to load eCTD format documents like INDs or NDAs. Also like the "fine control" you have with respect to printing and downloading, plus tracking and reporting functionality that provides good visibility and a traceable record into data room activity. Clearly competitive on all fronts with the other leading e-data room providers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Overall user interface is a bit dated, but understand that a significant "face-lift" is in process. Clear that Sharevault has focused on function over form, which overall is a good thing. Only other limitation is that a live internet connection is currently required to access and view documents -- for the most part not a major issue, but have had user requests to be able to download docs and review offline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Primarily use to support diligence activities of all types be it in support of financing activities, licensing or other partnership discussions. Have also used in lieu of Box and other file sharing applications to securely share large files with consultants and service providers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Esteban D Romero of ShareVault

Great news! ShareVault 4.1 addresses every point listed in your feedback. Last year we launched a new User Interface (a ShareVault face-lift) and this year we implemented offline access. We are the complete package, function and form. ;)

We specialize in large files. Legacy data rooms tend to have restrictions on the size of the files you can upload. We're glad you found this and our eCTD viewer useful for INDs and other large documents.

UF
What do you like best?

I love this product and have loved it ever since it came out. I have had absolutely 0 problems with this product. It's a great way to store private information within a company or even a family! The versatility is fantastic. I highly recommend this to anyone using drop box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing, 11/10 product. Very underrated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep using this product! Possibly tell others about it also.. great alternative to drop box. This app appears to have great potential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Security has been no issue and simple communication and transfer of data is a huge bonus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Esteban D Romero of ShareVault

Wow, 11/10 is terrific! Thank you very much for the compliment!

When you have a free moment, I suggest checking out our latest update, which highlights some of the ways we are continuously improving and innovating:

We pick up where companies like DropBox, Box, Office365 and SharePoint leave off. We provide connectors to those tools to make it easy to sync documents into ShareVault so they can be secure and easily shared with third parties.

UA
What do you like best?

the program is great...enjoy everyone about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This question is not applicable. I enjoy the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

n/a Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

n/a Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Esteban D Romero of ShareVault

We are glad you have enjoyed our platform, and we appreciate the positive review!