ServiceSkills Reviews & Product Details

ServiceSkills Overview

What is ServiceSkills?

ServiceSkills.com is a curated collection of online learning courses which empower your staff to improve customer satisfaction, enhance teamwork, boost workplace respect and manage more effectively. This proven soft-skills training is delivered via our award-winning online portal or as LMS courses, for installation on your organization’s Learning Management System. Whether your goals include new employee orientation training, customer service skills development or strategies to help staff cooperate more effectively, ServiceSkills.com improves the way your team communicates with customers and coworkers. Topics include the full spectrum of customer service, client retention, team building, employee relations, email etiquette, conflict resolution, diversity, bullying, respectful workplace issues and management development topics. Our training features video lessons, quizzes, answer feedback, key point reminders and certificates of completion. A robust administrative management system empowers your managers to monitor performance, recognize gaps and track progress.

ServiceSkills Details
English, French, Spanish

ServiceSkills.com is a Web-based Customer Service & Team Building, Training elearning

America's premier provider of communication training skills. ServiceSkills.com℠ eLearning and Telephone Doctor® Customer Service Training offer proven SaaS training solutions which help organizations increase service levels and build communication skills for bottom line results.

ServiceSkills.com

ServiceSkills Downloads

ServiceSkills Reviews

Showing 61 ServiceSkills reviews
Already have ServiceSkills?
What do you like best?

Service Skills has excellent quality and content in their eLearnings. The format and style is extremely easy to follow and take in new information. Their quizzes are well-written and the techniques demonstrated in each course are extremely valuable, along with being cross-functional as well.

Not only does Service Skills have very high quality content and videos, but they also provide leader guides to most of their courses, as well as PDFs that contain descriptions and pertinent details regarding each course, i.e. length of time, key highlights of the material, etc. These resources helped me as the corporate trainer determine which courses and/or series of courses would be best for our departments to take throughout the year. For example, Service Skills provided multiple leadership/management series to choose from, and I was able to plan out accordingly which series would be best for our leadership team to increase their skill set. Same for their customer service courses.

The techniques and best practices that are taught in the eLearnings were top-notch, i.e. Five Forbidden Phrases, Essential Telephone Skills, Six Cardinal Rules of Customer Service, Six Steps to Service Recovery, and much more. Service Skills also provides built-in Learning Paths that can be utilized for different job positions, and they allow the capability to customize and create our own Learning Paths too.

Helen Stokes, our Client Success Manager, has been fantastic and always so helpful! She is very knowledgeable and available any time that we had a question or needed assistance, and always so incredibly friendly and easy to work with. It’s been a pleasure having her as a partner in utilizing the Service Skills site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside that we encountered with Service Skills was running out of new eLearning courses to take. We’ve had a relationship with Service Skills for 3 years, and after our Client Services department consistently taking courses throughout each year (average 1 course/month), we’ve run low on new courses to take. So our only suggestion would be to expand their course library. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a wonderful product for companies who need engaging, entertaining, easy-to-understand training modules or videos for customer service, call center, internal employee relationships, professional courtesy, and leadership/coaching/management. Just be sure to note how many courses are available to compare with how many courses you will need for your work groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Service Skills has helped us improve and enhance our team members’ customer service skills immensely over the years. To date, our customer survey results and NPS score with our clients is in the world-class range, and Service Skills has had a big hand in that. Their courses, resources to supplement the training, and the variety of techniques taught in their courses all has benefited our company greatly over the last few years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I received the following outstanding comments from my employees who participated in ServiceSkills on-line training:

Of all the online training I’ve done for any job I’ve had this training was the easiest to go through while still successfully imparting the knowledge I needed to learn. Even though it felt like I went through the training quickly, the ideas discussed in the video stuck with me and I immediately started seeing situations in which I could deploy skills discussed in the videos.

The videos are light on “fluff” and heavy on content. It’s the best thing a busy employee could ask for when doing any type of training that takes them away from their normal workflow on any given day.

________

I have really enjoyed this and learned more than I thought I would! Especially the Customer Service Training. There were several different tips that I have since picked up. For example, saying ‘Happy to help!” instead of “No problem!”

I think more workplaces should have training similar to these because it’s easy to forget that each customer has a unique experience with you, or that coworkers should treat each other as customers.

________

I thought the courses were very relevant and current. I enjoyed the variety of visuals too – from real life to animation. I learned a lot and they actually got me hyped up about customer service.

The phone training was REALLY good. Probably the best I’ve ever seen. Lots of great tips and techniques to use.

________

The service skills training was a great way to gain helpful tips that I can apply to different forms of communication both in and out of the workplace.

________ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to dislike, the training was very successful for our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem was how to provide soft skill customer service instruction to our mostly technical staff. The format of the training was a perfect fit and allowed to to train our entire company with minimal disruption to productivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Every interaction (business or personal) is better when you apply the customer service techniques presented in the Telephone Doctor series! The mods are relevant regardless of your age or experience. They provide a wonderful base of knowledge and allow everyone who takes them to walk away learning something new!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The new Sales mods (A-Z) are a bit more tedious to work through as opposed to the old sales mods (A-H; I-Q; and R-Z). It would be helpful if there was a way to roll from one to the next without having to go all the way out.

We would also love to see the addition of WAH (Work at Home) mods...those that would prepare the students with pertinent information and insight into the remote world of opportunities! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You truly do not know what you are missing until you take the time to delve into the Service Skills content. You have helped train every one of our graduates to-date! Thank you!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since customer service is not something that is taught in school, many people enter the workforce not knowing how to properly take care of their customers. Our program introduces them to the basics in order to help prepare them for remote work. Telephone Doctor has been a cornerstone of our program since we started in 2013. Even those who thought they knew it all, walked away from our training course praising the curriculum! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I loved the different scenarios they provided for each training. Watching how the different scenarios played out made the trainings more valuable and gave a much more understanding of how and why we should provide service a certain way. The trainings also pointed out the "not so obvious" bad habits my team and I had and provided ways on how we can change those habits. Ronnie Titus, our consultant, was very helpful and made things run smoothly. Ronnie was not too pushy but was very consistent in making sure my team and I had all we needed to be successful throughout our experience. She was a great consultant! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were some courses that had many chapters and it was a lot of information to take in and remember for the training quiz. I would also like if the Administrator had more capability of the account (changing due dates, changing passing grade). Also maybe creating a quick "Get to Know Your Customer Service Style" to better understand the training courses that Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ServiceSkills was very helpful and eye opening for my team and I on how to better assist our constituents and understand their wants and needs. It's also helped with communication within the team and being proactive with daily duties. As for me, learning how to better manage a team, setting goals including the follow up and having those tough conversations as well as giving praise when its due. This program has a variety of trainings from Customer Service styles to How to be a Better Team Member to Management Styles and I think this training can be very beneficial and valuable for a number of our departments here at PanCAN. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief of Police
What do you like best?

Our employees are assigned videos to view on a regular schedule. Employees have the ability to select when they view the assigned videos based on their own work schedule and during non-critical times. The videos are not too long so it doesn't take up a lot of time and employees are not inhibited from viewing them. Very large variety of topics available, and all are easily transferable and relevant for any industry. Service Skills customer service is top notch. Our representative walked us through every element and roll out, facilitating a successful program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is the cost. It would be nice if the cost was a little lower. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are not sure or on the fence, I highly recommend a trial account; you won't be disappointed. There are a wide variety of videos that cover a multitude of customer service topics. All of the topics are easily transferable to just about any industry. Service Skills customer service is excellent. Account representatives are always friendly, accessible and helpful before signing an agreement. The real test is how they are after you sign an agreement. After signing our agreement, our account representative has always been friendly, accessible and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have identified customer service training needs, and Service Skills has video training that covers all of those needs. Our staff enjoy the videos, and they have a achieved a higher level of confidence when dealing with challenging customer service issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Experience Learning Specialist
What do you like best?

Our partnership with ServiceSkills has allowed us an opportunity to improve soft skills within our organization and offer better customer experiences! The ability for remote learning has been invaluable during the corona virus pandemic as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to dislike! We can't wait to see new offerings as soon as they are available. The ServiceSkills team has been very supportive in any needs that we may have! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ServiceSkills is helping our new employees that have never worked within the Customer Service field before. It's given them the tools they need to be successful with customer interactions before they enter their new positions! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EU
What do you like best?

The personalized service to help with our training program was priceless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't dislike anything about the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are working on improving our soft skills, and have seen an improvement in customer interactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Care Center Manager
What do you like best?

The e-Learning courses from Service Skills are top notch. I manage a Contact Center and have used the videos as part of training curriculum. I also have my team utilize the videos for coaching and continuing education. I really enjoy the fact that new content/series are added intermittently. It keeps the information fresh and relevant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes about the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Classic videos such as "From Curt to Courteous" and "Sales A- Z" have been highly influential across my team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

The videos are very relevant to the topic and support the lesson being taught. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike, other than maybe more of them! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use the Service Skills courses to help a very technical minded industry understand the value of soft skills. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Vast selection of training modules, curricula, and skillsets. We're able to set up curricula for specific topics, such as phone-based customer service, performance reviews, coaching, etc. Or we can set up competencies-based curricula by mixing and matching courses from different ServiceSkills program.s Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The videos are set in offices. Since most of our employees are retail, it doesn't really fit their scenery, even if the topics covered are universal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great product for anyone who needs engaging and entertaining training modules or videos for training in customer service, sales, call center, employee relations, communication skills, professional courtesy, and particularly leadership and coaching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're training folks on best practices for customer service and phone skills. It's particularly helpful for young people who don't have the best people-skills. ServiceSkills offers excellent training in customer service, phone skills, sales, call center, employee relations, communication skills, professional courtesy, and particularly leadership and coaching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Management Consultant
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

A structure program that is grounded in basic customer service soft skills. Often veteran agents need a refresher course to help them emphasize the positives and eliminate some of the old baggage they have acquired over time. Nancy Friedman is extra icing on the cake as many of us remember her as the providing some of the basic fundamentals for Customer Service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We haven't experience any of the downsides from the programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

First, I think that there should be a variety of training programs for your employees. There should be training on demand, organizational training, personal development and all these factors or programs contribute to employee retention. Often we take for granted that a person has the necessary skills and training to do their jobs, however we are all challenged to improve and keep exceeding customer expectations. You can never be too well trained. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

First and foremost we have a complete training program. A program that can be expanded and allows for individual employee growth through the various levels. We measure the participation via deadlines and module scores as a part of the monthly metrics on the Customer Service dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The eLearning courses from ServiceSkills are the very best training available for improving Customer Service. I have seen very good training over the years but nothing comes close to the quality of the content our company now enjoys from ServiceSkills. Nancy knows this business and she helps everyone discover "the secrets". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have found nothing negative to dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

nothing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, Training and Compliance Freight Services
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
What do you like best?

We implemented the Serviceskills.com modules a year ago to provide softskills training for a learner base of 200 employees. We deployed the modules via our internal LMS and were able to provide training for our employees during the work day in small chunks without having to attend an all day off-site seminar or workshop. Everyone in the organization was talking the same language and putting into practice the skills that are taught . Topic and key points were discussed in weekly staff meetings to reinforce the concepts. We gave a cummulative test after all modules were completed to establish a base-line and identify topic retention. We feel strongly about the concepts that are contained in the modules and feel it is something that will be repeated on an every other year basis with our employees. The content is easy to understand and good for all areas of business - not just people interacting with external customers on a daily basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that we disliked about Serviceskills.com. The content speaks for itself. It's engaging and provides an excellent opportunity to get the softskills training with re-inventing the wheel and developing something in-house. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't be disappointed. The content is great and provides excellent softskills training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our organization has a 20 hour training requirement for employees that are non-management. This program allowed us to train a large amount of users without disruption to day to day productivity. We were able to deploy the training in multiple locations in the US and Central America. We can hear the results when you listen to daily customer care phone interactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, Client Services
What do you like best?

Service Skills/Telephone Doctor is the best program I know of to train service agents to create positive, authentic, human experiences for customers. Nancy Friedman's "Telephone Doctor" content is the gold standard in how to communicate professionally by phone. I know Fortune500 companies with thriving Service Departments who use this content, and my small team of 40 are passionate users - it's great for companies of all sizes and industries. It's geared toward contact centers and reception services, and I've experienced it both as an agent (it's how I was trained to work in Customer Service 15 years ago) and as a contact center manager (it's the only phone skills training my department uses today). I don't know anyone who has experienced this training that hasn't become a stronger professional and better communicator. Highly, highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While I don't dislike anything about the service, I do hope their ongoing efforts to keep the content up-to-date were broader-reaching and faster coming. Our industry is changing more rapidly every year, and channels like chat, AR and VR are poised to dramatically change the delivery of human service experiences. While we know the basic principals are the same (be available, treat me courteously and respectfully, care about my perspective, etc.), the tools and mechanisms are evolving quickly. Would love to see SS remain a top-tier instructional package in this new era. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We dramatically up-leveled our new agent training process with ServiceSkills. Agents learned more and were ready for prime time faster than with our old in-house stuff (I've worked in several contact centers, and am restricting the scope of my answers to my current environment). We also use it for supportive or remedial training for agents who seem to struggle with various aspects of consistent, quality service delivery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Commercial Analyst
Plastics
What do you like best?

ServiceSkills has proven to be an extremely user-friendly platform that covers a wide variety of topics. From an admin perspective, course setup and catalog creation are a breeze. From a user perspective, the courses are simple to navigate and the user manual provided by ServiceSkills helps answer any questions that may come up. We implemented the first learning path just under a year ago and are excited to move forward from here! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find any problem areas with the training program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ServiceSkills has been added to our new employee onboarding plan to ensure that consistent soft skill training has been provided to each member of our Customer Service team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

One of the things I love about the ServiceSkills courses is the diversity of the curriculum. There are interactive courses, videos, and simulations, so our employees are exposed to a variety of styles. Plus, the training is broken down into small modules, which makes it easier for employees to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some employees have found some of the content "cheesy" but overall feedback has been positive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get demos on the various course series. They are very different so you'll want to make sure you have all the info before you make a decision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need to make sure our employees are getting consistent training so using a tool like ServiceSkills is perfect. We can provide a mix of in-person training that our in-house instructors provide with the self-paced ServiceSkills training in a way that is cost effective and efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The courses are relevant and fun to go through. The concepts are short and to the point. The humor makes it fun to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The admin screen can be confusing without using the training manual Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perfect tool to supplement your current quality assurance program. Modules are relevant and fun to watch. Humor goes a long way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I oversee a phone center. We have our own quality assurance program and the courses match perfectly with skills that need focus. Team members enjoy the courses and absorbing the information vs rushing through the course. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Sonic Services
Entertainment
What do you like best?

We introduced the Serviceskills.com platform roughly a year ago to supplement our internal training and on-boarding processes. There are several different modules to the platform that relate to various different divisions of our business to reinforce the necessary soft skills for a customer driven business. The lessons have been very valuable to our expanding workforce as we add multiple representative to our tech support call center, administrative staff, and remote technical positions. The follow up materials provided to tie the lessons back to real day to day situations are also a great benefit. We have implemented these in team meetings, and employee performance reviews. Without having to reinvent the wheel, we were able to plug and play a training option that works very well for a business going through significant growth to ensure consistency in both a basic training capacity, and ongoing education for longer term employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing about the system I don't like. It is very user friendly, easy to track progress from an admin perspective, and has easily assigned tracks and can also be highly customized depending on the position of the user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to develop a soft skills consistency among all departments across the company. We have been able to increase positive feedback from customers regarding interactions with staff both over the phone and face to face. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CH
What do you like best?

I like that the content is relevant to our business. I also like that Ronnie Titus is like a service ninja and answers me within minutes of an email! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see some healthcare specific content if possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Better & easier reporting & tracking tools.

Healthcare call center/scheduling content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Consistent customer service training across all Access Center groups is providing our agents with valuable tools and our clients with a reliable experience no matter where they call. We had a huge compliment yesterday when a member of congress told us that the service our group provided was far and above our predecessor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Ease of assignments and the length of them are just perfect for our team to do the courses assigned each month in plenty of time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The new website takes some getting use to Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend this product to any insudtrry dealing in Customer Service. The assignments are easy and fun to do and the level of support from our Service Skill rep is AMAZING! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer service skills - It has been interesting to hear staff use the skills they are learning! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I love the variety of courses and scenarios covered. Service skills really understands the challenges of the workplace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the modules are very involved. It would be nice to have a few shortened courses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its so affordable, why not try it. You will love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The lifelike videos help my teams understand the actions they and their teammates display. Sometimes its hard to explain to an Associate that their behavior is bullying or negative, but they can recognize it in the characters of the videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Covers the basics of phone etiquette

Reinforces expected behavior

Equips consultants for hard situations they are guaranteed to encounter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing negative to say.

The only reason we are not currently using ServiceSkills is due to budget constraints out of my control. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ServiceSkills.com is rapidly becoming a prerequisite to being in the Service Industry and particularly in call centers, rather than a differentiator. I started in contact centers 11 years ago and have been at 3 different companies. All of them used ServiceSkills.com's line of Telephone Doctor videos as a supplement to their phone training. To be successful you have to cover the material that Telephone Doctor does so well. Why speed time and money reinventing a wheel that Nancy Friedman has already perfected? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Basic training needs for contact center consultants. Saved time in development and delivery of basic materials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

That it is so helpful and enlightening for New as well as "seasoned" CSR's. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I can't remember how to add and set up New CSR's, but I love that Ronnie is always willing and available to help me out! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our long experienced CSR's have been stating that they have applied a lot of the skills and found very helpful

and enlightening. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account relations and satisfaction has improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Manager
Education Management
What do you like best?

We were able to use our employees’ strengths and hone in on making them better. This enables us to ensure that all our employees are all performing beyond their goals and at the same time enjoying their work environment. This is definitely a great way for employees to share and strengthen their capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

better if we could see and generate more reporting options. we could then use that to gauge the overall performance of our employees. Other than that our performance has increased and the training was excellant Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I wanted to push my employees out of their comfort zone while using their existing strengths. This program really helped us do that. Interactive training on our own time was great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It’s simplistic. You long on and you are off and running. The courses are easy to follow and they serve as great surface level introduction to the life of a customer service rep. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Videos aren’t the best. They’re a little bit cheesy however they do serve a purpose. They are short and to the point, which helps to overcome what’s lacking in the creativity department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need quick training for CSRs or a resource for refreshment, this is where it is at. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps to have a resource to refresh yourself on when encountering certain situations. Definitely a great resource for early CSR’s. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.