ServiceSkills.com

4.7

ServiceSkills.com is a Web-based Customer Service & Team Building, Training elearning

Work for ServiceSkills.com?

Learning about ServiceSkills.com?

ServiceSkills.com Reviews

Richard (Dick) B.

"Service Skills including Telephone Doctor"

What do you like best?

There are a variety of topics that can be customized to individual users who need to learn the skill or you can assign to an entire group to discuss the topics together.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really- the list of sessions is pretty extensive depending on what is purchased

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We use the individual training sessions as an agenda item each day with one "leader" assigned to discuss the salient features of the session or skill and then highlight how the skill may be used in real customer interactions. The ability to discuss as a group has led to better comprehension and practical use of the topic throughout the Support organization. At times we will tie back a current topic to an earlier one to show how these skills being learned can be complimentary to one another and broaden their professional skill "toolbox".

I have new hires out of college in the support role who are learning professional skills from the Service Skills sessions that they might not have heard before.

In my company, we assign a particular session to "a leader" who discusses at a group meeting the subject matter and then the group discusses how to use that skill in everyday dealings with customers or reference how they may have used that skill in an recent interaction with a customer.

We also stress that many of the skills, although presented in a business environment, are life skills to be utilized in other aspects of their career and life.

With so many organizations cutting back on formalized training, Service Skills provides a cost efficient means to teach important skills for success.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ServiceSkills.com
Showing 51 ServiceSkills.com reviews
Lori D.

"Excellent SoftSkills Training"

What do you like best?

We implemented the Serviceskills.com modules a year ago to provide softskills training for a learner base of 200 employees. We deployed the modules via our internal LMS and were able to provide training for our employees during the work day in small chunks without having to attend an all day off-site seminar or workshop. Everyone in the organization was talking the same language and putting into practice the skills that are taught . Topic and key points were discussed in weekly staff meetings to reinforce the concepts. We gave a cummulative test after all modules were completed to establish a base-line and identify topic retention. We feel strongly about the concepts that are contained in the modules and feel it is something that will be repeated on an every other year basis with our employees. The content is easy to understand and good for all areas of business - not just people interacting with external customers on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that we disliked about Serviceskills.com. The content speaks for itself. It's engaging and provides an excellent opportunity to get the softskills training with re-inventing the wheel and developing something in-house.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't be disappointed. The content is great and provides excellent softskills training.

Our organization has a 20 hour training requirement for employees that are non-management. This program allowed us to train a large amount of users without disruption to day to day productivity. We were able to deploy the training in multiple locations in the US and Central America. We can hear the results when you listen to daily customer care phone interactions.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ServiceSkills.com
AR
Administrator in Retail

"Great Out-of-the-Box Training Solution!"

What do you like best?

Vast selection of training modules, curricula, and skillsets. We're able to set up curricula for specific topics, such as phone-based customer service, performance reviews, coaching, etc. Or we can set up competencies-based curricula by mixing and matching courses from different ServiceSkills program.s

What do you dislike?

The videos are set in offices. Since most of our employees are retail, it doesn't really fit their scenery, even if the topics covered are universal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great product for anyone who needs engaging and entertaining training modules or videos for training in customer service, sales, call center, employee relations, communication skills, professional courtesy, and particularly leadership and coaching.

We're training folks on best practices for customer service and phone skills. It's particularly helpful for young people who don't have the best people-skills. ServiceSkills offers excellent training in customer service, phone skills, sales, call center, employee relations, communication skills, professional courtesy, and particularly leadership and coaching.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Chris S.

"Great Training Tool "

What do you like best?

We introduced the Serviceskills.com platform roughly a year ago to supplement our internal training and on-boarding processes. There are several different modules to the platform that relate to various different divisions of our business to reinforce the necessary soft skills for a customer driven business. The lessons have been very valuable to our expanding workforce as we add multiple representative to our tech support call center, administrative staff, and remote technical positions. The follow up materials provided to tie the lessons back to real day to day situations are also a great benefit. We have implemented these in team meetings, and employee performance reviews. Without having to reinvent the wheel, we were able to plug and play a training option that works very well for a business going through significant growth to ensure consistency in both a basic training capacity, and ongoing education for longer term employees.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing about the system I don't like. It is very user friendly, easy to track progress from an admin perspective, and has easily assigned tracks and can also be highly customized depending on the position of the user.

We have been able to develop a soft skills consistency among all departments across the company. We have been able to increase positive feedback from customers regarding interactions with staff both over the phone and face to face.

Jeff F.

"ServiceSkills helps make our customer service best in class"

What do you like best?

One of the things I love about the ServiceSkills courses is the diversity of the curriculum. There are interactive courses, videos, and simulations, so our employees are exposed to a variety of styles. Plus, the training is broken down into small modules, which makes it easier for employees to use.

What do you dislike?

Some employees have found some of the content "cheesy" but overall feedback has been positive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get demos on the various course series. They are very different so you'll want to make sure you have all the info before you make a decision.

We need to make sure our employees are getting consistent training so using a tool like ServiceSkills is perfect. We can provide a mix of in-person training that our in-house instructors provide with the self-paced ServiceSkills training in a way that is cost effective and efficient.

Adam K.

"ServiceSkills/TelephoneDoctor trained me - now it trains my team"

What do you like best?

Service Skills/Telephone Doctor is the best program I know of to train service agents to create positive, authentic, human experiences for customers. Nancy Friedman's "Telephone Doctor" content is the gold standard in how to communicate professionally by phone. I know Fortune500 companies with thriving Service Departments who use this content, and my small team of 40 are passionate users - it's great for companies of all sizes and industries. It's geared toward contact centers and reception services, and I've experienced it both as an agent (it's how I was trained to work in Customer Service 15 years ago) and as a contact center manager (it's the only phone skills training my department uses today). I don't know anyone who has experienced this training that hasn't become a stronger professional and better communicator. Highly, highly recommended.

What do you dislike?

While I don't dislike anything about the service, I do hope their ongoing efforts to keep the content up-to-date were broader-reaching and faster coming. Our industry is changing more rapidly every year, and channels like chat, AR and VR are poised to dramatically change the delivery of human service experiences. While we know the basic principals are the same (be available, treat me courteously and respectfully, care about my perspective, etc.), the tools and mechanisms are evolving quickly. Would love to see SS remain a top-tier instructional package in this new era.

We dramatically up-leveled our new agent training process with ServiceSkills. Agents learned more and were ready for prime time faster than with our old in-house stuff (I've worked in several contact centers, and am restricting the scope of my answers to my current environment). We also use it for supportive or remedial training for agents who seem to struggle with various aspects of consistent, quality service delivery.

Jody Lynn S.

"Acclaimed Structured Training Program "

What do you like best?

A structure program that is grounded in basic customer service soft skills. Often veteran agents need a refresher course to help them emphasize the positives and eliminate some of the old baggage they have acquired over time. Nancy Friedman is extra icing on the cake as many of us remember her as the providing some of the basic fundamentals for Customer Service.

What do you dislike?

We haven't experience any of the downsides from the programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

First, I think that there should be a variety of training programs for your employees. There should be training on demand, organizational training, personal development and all these factors or programs contribute to employee retention. Often we take for granted that a person has the necessary skills and training to do their jobs, however we are all challenged to improve and keep exceeding customer expectations. You can never be too well trained.

First and foremost we have a complete training program. A program that can be expanded and allows for individual employee growth through the various levels. We measure the participation via deadlines and module scores as a part of the monthly metrics on the Customer Service dashboard.

Benjamin J.

"Service Skills elevates any team to the next level"

What do you like best?

Service Skills online training is short and fun to follow. I make every employee do service skills at point of hire and annually for a refresher. I love the emails I get from service skills with 2-3 minute refresher courses in them and they make a great "Focus Friday" topic to talk about at our meetings. Service Skills staff is beyond friendly. We can send an email to the staff and they will respond within minutes. We see service skills as a partner in our business. They check in with us to see what they can do to help us succeed. Lastly service skills has plenty of online tools to help aid in reinforcing the Service Skills Training.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of a thing that I dislike about Service Skills.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They provide a trail. If you are in doubt reach out to their success team. They will provide you with direction and implementation techniques to help you succeed with Service Skills

We use service skills to help training our Customer Service reps, Leads, Supervisors, and Managers to be better agents, and help problem solve. We have seen a reduction in escalations, a increase in our Customer Satisfaction scores, and more importantly higher conversion on our calls.

Dave U.

"Effective and fun customer service learning tool"

What do you like best?

The courses are relevant and fun to go through. The concepts are short and to the point. The humor makes it fun to learn.

What do you dislike?

The admin screen can be confusing without using the training manual

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perfect tool to supplement your current quality assurance program. Modules are relevant and fun to watch. Humor goes a long way.

I oversee a phone center. We have our own quality assurance program and the courses match perfectly with skills that need focus. Team members enjoy the courses and absorbing the information vs rushing through the course.

Brian C.

"Found Everywhere, Always useful"

What do you like best?

Covers the basics of phone etiquette

Reinforces expected behavior

Equips consultants for hard situations they are guaranteed to encounter.

What do you dislike?

Nothing negative to say.

The only reason we are not currently using ServiceSkills is due to budget constraints out of my control.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ServiceSkills.com is rapidly becoming a prerequisite to being in the Service Industry and particularly in call centers, rather than a differentiator. I started in contact centers 11 years ago and have been at 3 different companies. All of them used ServiceSkills.com's line of Telephone Doctor videos as a supplement to their phone training. To be successful you have to cover the material that Telephone Doctor does so well. Why speed time and money reinventing a wheel that Nancy Friedman has already perfected?

Basic training needs for contact center consultants. Saved time in development and delivery of basic materials.

Zac C.

"Great All Around Service Training"

What do you like best?

ServiceSkills has proven to be an extremely user-friendly platform that covers a wide variety of topics. From an admin perspective, course setup and catalog creation are a breeze. From a user perspective, the courses are simple to navigate and the user manual provided by ServiceSkills helps answer any questions that may come up. We implemented the first learning path just under a year ago and are excited to move forward from here!

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find any problem areas with the training program.

ServiceSkills has been added to our new employee onboarding plan to ensure that consistent soft skill training has been provided to each member of our Customer Service team.

Gregory T.

"ServiceSkills - Online Learning Made Affordable and Convenient"

What do you like best?

All the tools to track and evaluate employee training are here. A one-stop shop for verification as well as tools to ensure training is being put to use. Being able to assign courses so I can specifically target deficiencies is a great bonus!

What do you dislike?

I had asked about a report that I was having issues with, and they actually created a new one for me that is easier to use!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have recommended it to my peers in other similar businesses with whom I am NOT in direct competition. I would not give my direct competition this information :) I recently met with several of the people whom I had recommended this to and every one of them thanked me and saw the same value I did.

It has been beneficial in giving a standard for the customer service team to follow. Before ServiceSkills our training in actual useful tools was inconsistent and lacking substance.

Shirin M.

"ServiceSkills has worked WONDERS in our organization!"

What do you like best?

I like how I can assign courses to my Customer Service team based on individual need. My ServiceSkills manager, Ronnie Titus, is AWESOME and is always available to lend support when needed.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all! Any questions I have, or challenges I encounter, are quickly and fully addressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the Bronze/Silver/Gold path course brackets. They are awesome!

I currently utilize the ServiceSkills program to assist in the training of my Customer Service team. The courses are customizable and are VERY relevant to the current challenges of an inside sales/customer service team. I have seen vast improvement in response time, email correspondence, and adaptability.

David R.

"ServiceSkills is great training"

What do you like best?

I began using ServiceSkills at a previous company and realized the value of providing the "soft skills" training to my employees. When I started at my new company, one of the first things that I did was begin a training program using ServiceSkills. We use it now as part of a continued teaching tool during post case closure review. During the Quality Assurance review of random cases for all representatives each week, we use ServiceSkills to build upon things that are being done well and as training for items that need to improve.

I have seen and heard a buzz in the office with people talking about these videos. The videos may be corny at times, but the messages and principles are very valuable. It has been a tremendous asset to our company.

What do you dislike?

The admin interface is a bit old fashioned and I can't do changed in bulk.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend using ServiceSkills to train your employees on customer service skills. This training and the results we have seen have been extremely valuable to our organization and we see it in our customer satisfaction and Net Promoter scores.

As a telephone service provider, we have a lot of beginning support representatives. Because of this, they are untrained in customer handling skills. ServiceSkills has given them the training to become successful. When we first began the training program, customer satisfaction scores were averaging 65%, week-over-week. Now, we are averaging 98% week-over-week.

Janell Y.

"Great way to strengthen your skills"

What do you like best?

We were able to use our employees’ strengths and hone in on making them better. This enables us to ensure that all our employees are all performing beyond their goals and at the same time enjoying their work environment. This is definitely a great way for employees to share and strengthen their capabilities.

What do you dislike?

better if we could see and generate more reporting options. we could then use that to gauge the overall performance of our employees. Other than that our performance has increased and the training was excellant

I wanted to push my employees out of their comfort zone while using their existing strengths. This program really helped us do that. Interactive training on our own time was great.

Tanya C.

"Positive reinforcement training for call center reps."

What do you like best?

Teaching agents how to handle tough customer service issues by providing the best resources to turn a bad call to a Great call! Easy for agents to use, one agent said to me "If I have a challenging call I like to go watch a service skill to calm me down" they use videos to start their day as well! Easy to use the administer the product for training. Education that provides service based skills online, very easy to use.

The Service Skills staff is always willing to answer questions and assist when needed with a smile!

What do you dislike?

No dislikes from here, with the wide variety of training videos there is something for everyone!

Customer service, how to respond to challenging situations as well as having empathy for our customers.

My leads have improved their leadership skills by watching the leadership series.

"Gets the Job done!"

What do you like best?

It’s simplistic. You long on and you are off and running. The courses are easy to follow and they serve as great surface level introduction to the life of a customer service rep.

What do you dislike?

Videos aren’t the best. They’re a little bit cheesy however they do serve a purpose. They are short and to the point, which helps to overcome what’s lacking in the creativity department.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need quick training for CSRs or a resource for refreshment, this is where it is at.

It helps to have a resource to refresh yourself on when encountering certain situations. Definitely a great resource for early CSR’s.

Keith F.

"Excellent for on demand learning!"

What do you like best?

We love the "What to say when" modules with their quick video examples. They are relevant, helpful, and easy for leaders to apply to their teams in day to day situations.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found any components of this product to be without value.

This provides excellent onboarding tools for our help desk, support teams as well as our unit managers and district leaders. This has given us a portfolio of solutions to help our leaders better manage their teams.

"Its all right here!"

What do you like best?

I love the variety of courses and scenarios covered. Service skills really understands the challenges of the workplace.

What do you dislike?

Some of the modules are very involved. It would be nice to have a few shortened courses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its so affordable, why not try it. You will love it.

The lifelike videos help my teams understand the actions they and their teammates display. Sometimes its hard to explain to an Associate that their behavior is bullying or negative, but they can recognize it in the characters of the videos.

"Great Customer Support!"

What do you like best?

Ease of assignments and the length of them are just perfect for our team to do the courses assigned each month in plenty of time

What do you dislike?

The new website takes some getting use to

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend this product to any insudtrry dealing in Customer Service. The assignments are easy and fun to do and the level of support from our Service Skill rep is AMAZING!

Customer service skills - It has been interesting to hear staff use the skills they are learning!

Steve R.

"We're on year two of using this service and enjoy it thoroughly"

What do you like best?

I like that I can base a lot of what our team should be doing by using these skills. It makes us more uniform as a company. Everyone is on the same page. These videos cover so many scenarios that it's nearly impossible that something else comes up that you can't handle. And even if something does come up, by using what you learned you should feel confident that these training videos can get you prepared.

I also like that they are always updating. We just renewed recently and got the new emails series. Something that is EXTREMELY important in my company.

What do you dislike?

I think the Admin access and interface could be a little cleaner. It seems a bit outdated, but this is hardly a complaint of mine. It works well for what it needs to do. Maybe could just use a bit of polishing up?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do your homework. I was torn between a few places when I landed on ServiceSkills.com. What I found is there are a lot of motivational type speaker programs out there that really don't get to the core of training.

Everyone is now on the same page in the company. They know what to say to each customer situation and when to say it. I've seen it develop in my team over the first year.

Maplesden S.

"Great customer service and products!"

What do you like best?

The content is amazing and the online learning features short videos with short quizzes that really help us keep skill levels up in a busy call center.

If we need help Margie and her team are right there, ready to help us out. Our experience has been fantastic and we have increased engagement and learning, resulting in better call quality.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! This has been a great experience for us. We had a hiccup with our LMS but Danny quickly got us set up in a branded site and it has worked better than I could have expected. The site is very easy to learn and use.

We have struggled with finding enough time available in a busy call center for process and policy training so to be able to offer an endless content library where courses and chapters can be taken has alleviated the time issue and empowered our agents to take their own professional development into their own hands.

Lisa E.

"Customer Service Training "

What do you like best?

What I like best about ServiceSkills is the ease of use. I have over 350 team members currently enrolled in the program, some through Android and iPad tables others through PC's and finally a portion using laptops all find the program easy to navigate while completing their monthly assignments.

Additionally, the Team at ServiceSkills has been great to work with, always willing to listen to new ideas enhancing their products and services in an effort to keep the content fresh for the end-user.

What do you dislike?

The reporting capabilities within the system are rudimentary and could use updating. Additionally, updating a participants accounts in some cases (such as fixing a spelling error) requires the assistance of the ServiceSkills team instead of an Administrator being able to update a participants account "on the fly."

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the necessary steps to show your team the value of this training not only to the organization but to them personally. Gaining your teams buy-in will create a successful Customer Service Training experience for your entire organization and potentially help reshape your culture and the service you provide to your customers.

Partner with the ServiceSkills Team, allowing them to better understand your organizations challenges as well as your desired outcome. You will find that the ServiceSkills Team is not only responsive but well trained and capable of providing a positive training experience, while working within the constraints of your users and organization.

The business challenge we faced was how to bring a heightened awareness of the customer service basics to our team without having to conduct monthly seminars or webinars interrupting our daily business.

The benefits we've realized are an increased awareness of good and bad service and the impact both have with internal and external customers. This heightened awareness specifically related to internal customers and the service we provide one another has helped to refocus our efforts to a more respectful and collaborative environment.

The surprising aspect of the training has been how the members of our team have found value in the program not only professionally but personally. Many have shared personal customer service experiences highlighting what the service provider did right or wrong.

Chad E.

"Small changes that make a dramatic impact"

What do you like best?

Nancy has an enthusiastic and infectious personality. While watching her speak you will feel engaged and entertained. Everything she says makes sense. She proved that subtle changes in the way we speak to our customers have a dramatic impact on their experience. After watching her speak my company implemented the "Telephone Doctor" training. Our customers have never been happier

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that some of the actors int he training videos are a little corny, but hey, it's not prime time TV.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Everything looks good. Keep up the good work. I might also recommend training on texting, social media iterations, and replies to online reviews.

We speak to customers everyday. By adding or eliminating a few words from our communications we are able to provide a better experience to each customer... Especially in our Tech Support department where those team members are taking inbound calls from customers that have specific questions.

Wendy F.

"Telephone Doctor is an excellent fit for our call center"

What do you like best?

The content and platform are very well targeted for our needs. Unlike other training options we have offered our employees in the past, they actually enjoy the presentation style, and feel the content is highly relevant and useful in their daily job responsibilities.

What do you dislike?

I don't outright dislike anything. We were offered multiple delivery platforms, so we could choose that which worked best for us. The pricing is very reasonable, and the content is well produced. More a la carte pricing options might have made the package an even better fit, as we ended up paying for some courses we didn't envision having a need for to access others that we did want. Even considering this, however, the package deal was reasonable, and well worth the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Would recommend without reservation. The sales and implementation staff are highly responsive and the helpful. We had no problems with the implementation at all. Very smooth.

We needed a more comprehensive and professionally developed soft skills training program for our staff.

We are seeing an increase in CSR awareness and execution of proficient call handling with regard to customer experience.

CI
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great content & the best support! "

What do you like best?

I like that the content is relevant to our business. I also like that Ronnie Titus is like a service ninja and answers me within minutes of an email!

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see some healthcare specific content if possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Better & easier reporting & tracking tools.

Healthcare call center/scheduling content.

Consistent customer service training across all Access Center groups is providing our agents with valuable tools and our clients with a reliable experience no matter where they call. We had a huge compliment yesterday when a member of congress told us that the service our group provided was far and above our predecessor.

Learn more about ServiceSkills.com

ServiceSkills.com Videos

ServiceSkills.com Downloads

Learning about ServiceSkills.com?

* We monitor all ServiceSkills.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.