SendGrid Marketing Campaigns

SendGrid Marketing Campaigns

Build meaningful connections with smart email marketing.

Work for SendGrid Marketing Campaigns?

Learning about SendGrid Marketing Campaigns?

SendGrid Marketing Campaigns Reviews

Ask SendGrid Marketing Campaigns a Question
Showing 152 SendGrid Marketing Campaigns reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about SendGrid Marketing Campaigns
Praneeth K.

"SendGrid Stands tall in this segment"

What do you like best?

SendGrid is easiest of tools to setup the marketing campaigns and the best part of SendGrid is absence of 2-step verification which any marketer would love amidst of GDPR norms. The delivery rate in SendGrid is on higher side when compared to leading players in this market. We were pleased by the open rate and the responses which we achieved through SendGrid till date. This platform came to our rescue when others failed us with the advent of new norms which demands opt-in from the receiver's side.

What do you dislike?

Though SendGrid has got all bell and whistles for email campaigns, it doesn't have email template builder which is as flexible when compared with other players. The most irritating thing of SendGrid is it doesn't allow you to upload any document as attachment nor have a cloud space to upload and share the link. Free trial period is given only one for one month which I feel is not enough to assess the tool completely,this should have been atleast 2 months in my observation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SendGrid is versatile tool to send marketing emails at affordable price. I'm amazed by the delivery rate which is the unique selling proposition of this platform.

SendGrid helps us to send across our marketing emails globally at desired time. When it comes to monetary model, it is one of the most affordable service among the competitors.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Adeyemo O.

"SendGrid is the best Email Marketing Tools."

What do you like best?

SendGrid provides cloud based email delivery services that assist companies with transactional email management while at the the same time abiding by anti spam regulations. Sending emails using a cloud based SMTP server has numerous benefits for startups and growing businesses. It helps in saving your time by reducing the work load. The service manages various types of email including shipping notifications, friend requests, sign up confirmations and email newsletters.

Sendgrid also also allows businesses to track emails opened by the receiver, bounces, unsubscribes, and spam reports without any use of code. It avoid relegation to the spam folder and rejection by email servers.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing enough to say about the disadvantage of SendGrid. Sometimes when you suddenly add contacts just more than the limit, your contact limit may exceeded and your company has to meet an unexpected expense from SendGrid.

In our company we are using SendGrid marketing campaign for sending transactional emails to our contacts. It also helps in creating email templates.

Gabriel S.

"A top-level transactional email platform that's worked well for us"

What do you like best?

I like being able to send personalized emails with SendGrid Transactional templates. We just provide the name attribute which comes very handy to send emails. For this purpose, I have used SendGrid Python APK. It gives a lot of analytics as well like whether the mail has been opened or clicked or went into spam. Tracking the mail was also super easy from SendGrid.

What do you dislike?

The Python documentation of SendGrid is very poor. The Github repo contains consider the number of issues also. I have to build and customize the Python code on my own. I think Sendgrid should give more time to resolve these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for the transactional Email service provider, Email management go for SendGrid. It contains free tier for certain limits after that the cost is not much as compared to other options available. But if you want to go for full marketing campaigns you should look for other options.

We've benefited from SendGrid's easy implementation. The delivery rates have been high and we can create quality emails with much effort by using email templates. The email design tools are actually quite intuitive and easy to use, so when we need to make edits, it isn't much trouble for us to go in and make them. We have greater service satisfaction since our emails help to keep people more in the loop with initial information that they can follow up on if needed.

Radhika M.

"Best Email Marketing Software"

What do you like best?

It is very useful for sending marketing emails for any kind of business. It fast , reliable and easy to use software. There is no need of technical knowledge for using this software.No technical knowledge is required. It has pre templates which we just needs to edit and our email is ready. There are lots of templates available which are easy to customise. Drag and drop is a great feature. Uploading contacts is very easy even we can segment the contacts.It also allows to test emails before we send to the final customers. It helps to make any changes instantly. Segmentation is great feature which allows to sending emails to different type of customers.A/B testing helps to know which variations of campaigns are performing better.This is a must email marketing software for every kind of business. Reporting are very accurate and it helps to make good decision for next email marketing campaigns. Overall I strongly recommend to use this software and give it a try for your email marketing.

What do you dislike?

The UI is little complex. Sometime the emails are getting scheduled instead of sending it instantly. More ready made templates based on different categories needed to add in the website for easy customisation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely I recommend to use this software for your marketing campaigns. It really save your time and increase customer response.

This is great platform to reach to customers. It helps to analyse the user behaviour after sending the campaigns. It is very useful for making proper decisions on email marketing. It helps to save time

Jesna P.

"Sendgrid for sending mails to thousands with just one click. "

What do you like best?

SendGrid is a very useful tool for every business. SendGrid makes the marketing campaign much more easier. Delivering email through Sendgrid improves email inbox delivery and enhances email open rate which will finally result on email marketing. It has a good deliverability rate which ensures the delivery of your campaign to the respective clients. Adding contacts also a very easy task in sendgrid, all you need to do is provide data in CSV format. It also shows how many persons have click and opened the campaign.

What do you dislike?

Telling about the cons of Sendgrid, one thing I noticed that there are many chances of human errors while adding contacts. So when the limit of contact exceeds you need to pay more money. It is also difficult to get what kind of email people want to get.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I will recommend this for email marketing

I m using Sendgrid for sending new campaign and information to existing clients and also for catching new customers.

Alejandro C.

"Reliable and very easy to use email marketing tool"

What do you like best?

I like the way you can create segments on contacts lists based on many factors and rules. It is very easy to set up and very helpful when you have a big contact list with different types of clients in it. You can use "and" "or" rules to add more personalization to the segments.

What do you dislike?

I find the way to add contacts quite difficult for a person that doesn't work with CSV formats or that doesn't know how to transform a list that is in columns to a CSV that can be read by Sendgrid.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a big list of users, and different segments in it, Sengrid is a tool for you. The value for what you pay in terms of number of emails you can add and emails sent in their different plans is very good. The template builder is easy and very straight forward to use. Just drag and drop, and fill in the blanks.

I have many types of clients and users in my platform and being able to segment them into smaller groups and targets is great. It is also not expensive for the number of features and contacts I can have compared to similar tools, plus we also use it for our automated email service so it's a one-stop show for us.

Derrick B.

"Makes our email campaigns much more efficient"

What do you like best?

SendGrid has tools that allow us to optimize our bulk emails in many ways. They have professional design tools and templates that we can use to create and edit very sharp and engaging emails. Their system helps to boost our chances of emails actually getting through to recipients. Though it was a bit confusing for me to use at first, I ultimately didn't need an advanced technical background in programming or computing to use it effectively. There are many handy online guides to help me through tricky steps.

What do you dislike?

The pricing to expand our sending capacity was a bit on the high end. We have to manage our contacts and sift through our leads to make sure we have the best chances for conversion. Getting started was a bit intimidating and it took me a while to really get a hang of using SendGrid. It wasn't too bad, but I would say that it was more complicated than using lots of other marketing software I've tried.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say that SendGrid is a great choice for email marketing optimization. I'd recommend starting out with one of their templates to get an idea of the general formatting that is presumably effective.

SendGrid has helped to increase conversion rates of our marketing campaigns. They provided us with solid and comprehensive analytical data to give us a thorough understanding of user activity and backgrounds. We can use much of the data to help refine our digital and traditional marketing campaigns and optimize the email formats of future email blasts.

Charles G.

"An overall solid digital marketing platform"

What do you like best?

The best thing about SendGrid is its user-friendly interface and effectiveness for creating campaigns for our customers. You can make everything according to your customers’ preferences and create the most suitable and interesting email campaigns. Also, the software is powerful enough to cope with various tasks at the same time and is easy to set up. We could basically start working immediately.

What do you dislike?

The biggest negatives are that there are some confusing issues with email design. The emails often don't look the same in edit mode, the preview mode and after sending them out via an email campaign. Moreover, SMTP integration is a quite complicated procedure. Despite the robust design, it takes some time and knowledge to use effectively, so it can basically be difficult for the beginners to manage right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly feel that SendGrid is an effective platform for email marketing. I would definitely recommend this software for people who are connected to marketing. It is a great tool for the creation of effective and successful email campaigns.

SendGrid is a multi-functional service that has really helped us with email marketing. We are provided with many important tools for emailing like real-time analysis, reputation monitoring and more. We've benefited from SendGrid's main purposes, which are to improve and simplify email marketing and organize general business processes.

Festa A.

"The powerful cloud based Email delivery system for Email Marketing. "

What do you like best?

We use sendgrid for sending transactional email campaigns such as welcome mail, notifications, marketing campaigns and other kind of important mails to our clients. Email marketing has become very much easier through this.

Sendgrid virtually eliminates the complexities that usually happen while sending corporate emails on a large scale. The deliverability and compliance of this system need to be appreciated. SendGrid delivers a huge volume of email effectively. We can create our own campaigns and can send these campaigns to bulk Email IDs at a time. It is the ideal tool for email service for business.

Through Sendgrid you can track how many of them opened your message, and whether they clicked on the link you provided within the mail.

What do you dislike?

The disadvantage I noticed is that the pricing. Sometimes when while adding contacts then the minimum criteria exceeds they charge more price. So a person who doesn't know this limitation may add more contacts for sending the campaign and therefor the business may met an additional expense there on sendgrid.

We are using sendgrid for sending bulk emails for our users and clients. And also for Email marketing campaign.

Jyothika J.

"Easy to use Email Marketing Software"

What do you like best?

It is a very simple software which helps in growing business. I includes number of features which helps out in providing best layouts according to our interests. It also provides free trials which includes all the needed features, makes the beginners understand more about its usage. It include different templates and also plenty of tools. It contains a dashboard which is a percentage bar for measuring our reputation which is updated daily. It is very useful in sending mails in bulk in single click. And one more thing is it has features like can be viewed in mobile view, PC and also done through coding.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much of the negatives to come with, the only thing is sometimes it shows technical errors like when I click send campaign button it won't immediately move to the campaign page and shows its status of scheduling like whether the campaign has send or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would 100% recommend this software mainly for small business people to grow their business. Like it helps them to present their business requirements and all features in a well mannered way.

In our company it helped us in reaching many business connections for our business growth. It is actually a easy way of reaching people around and presenting our business in an easy and understandable way. One of the main advantage of this software is sending it in bulk to different emails. And also I could view my percentage bar which helps me in knowing the amount of mails send and those ones bounced.

Harikumar P.

"Best Email Marketing Software"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid is very easy to use Email marketing software available in the market. It offers two types of email such as Marketing and Transactional. To use Sendgrid no coding skill is required since it offers easy to drag and drop feature to design the email. There are a lot pre build template available so we can easily edit and change it according to our need. The contacts can be uploaded into segments to it will be easy to filter contacts and send campaigns to different groups. It also offers A/b testing to test different versions of the same campaign.The emails are responsive so it will be compatible with all devices. The report helps to get an insight about the performance of various campaigns and plan our activities accordingly.There is also feature to a test email before sending the final campaign.Overall I Love using Sendgrid

What do you dislike?

The free version allows only 12k emails to 2k contacts.In order to send more emails and to huge number of contacts you need to upgrade.The pricing is high. Sometime the email gets delayed. After sending the email , if you want to do editing you need to do duplication of the campaign so in the dashboard there will be a lot duplicated campaigns.The report section can be improved and give more insights in a graphical representation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend to use Sendgrid for your marketing campaigns. You can stat with a free credits and as your contacts increases you can upgrade the package. It is easy to use and deliver the mails to inbox.

It is easy to send marketing emails to customers. It also helps to design the campaigns and schedule each campaigns for various days. You can analyse the performance of each campaign and understand which the user behaviour. It really help to send instant marketing mails to large number of audiences.

Matt P.

"Great service for a great price"

What do you like best?

SendGrid delivers email better than any other vendor we've used for less than half of the price. We were easily able to integrate our current services and get set up very quickly. We've also been able to improve our deliverability, understand the issues we're facing with specific providers, and use tools to improve the quality of the messages and content that we're sending out.

What do you dislike?

The UI isn't as idiot-proof as some of the other services, but we're able to easily figure things out, walk clients through the dashboard, and see all of our metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SendGrid is an awesome provider. It's a little more hands on, but you're able to do so much more than with a lot of other providers. I'm excited to see what comes of their new partnership with Twilio.

We're able to easily deliver our clients message to as much of their audience as is possible. We've been able to build a good relationship and decrease our spam complain rate while increasing deliverability.

Dara R.

"Great emailing site."

What do you like best?

SendGrid is a great emailing site. I've been using them for almost 3 years now. I love the way you can track the open and clicks for each email campaign you send. I also love the way you can customize the design of the emails. Unlike MailChimp where you can't change the columns. With SendGride, I'm able to add columns anywhere I want and I don't feel limited in the design options

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to mass remove people who unsubscribe from the list instead of removing them one by one.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product. I've worked with other email programs and by far I like this on the best. Once you get a campaign setup that you like, you can duplicate that campaign, make changes and send for another campaign.

I needed to be able to send emails for specials, new products and updates to my clients. SendGride offers a great solution for this. Once my email list got so big, my old email program couldn't handle it. That is when I was on a search for a new solution.

Doug W.

"Good mass email delivery tool, and getting better."

What do you like best?

SendGrid is developing more features that make them better.

When we first signed up a couple years ago, we had to jimmy-rig a way to dynamically adjust the number of rows in an email (such a an invoice with multiple line items). We embedded a whole HTML table into a single substitution tag. It worked, but it's not what it was meant for. But they recently released a new feature called Dynamic Templates that solves this exact problem.

That is an example of their continued focus on bettering their product. They are the kind of people you want to partner with when choosing who to trust with such a crucial part of your business, and what tool to build into your application.

What do you dislike?

If you don't purchase a dedicated sending IP address, you get randomly pooled in with other senders. This by itself is okay since I choose not to pay for the dedicated IP. What would be great is if SendGrid would look at your particular sending reputation contribution and experience and "graduate" you up to a pool of customers who also have an excellent sending reputation contribution. This way you can work your way into a pooled IP with a better reputation - reward the good apples.

Similarly, they could offer a Transactional Email only type of account with no access to the Marketing emails section. Transactional Email has high open rates and should have extremely high deliverability. Pooling these similar customers on the same shared IP address would help the overall shared sending reputation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For a premium in transactional deliverability rates and template creator quality, also try Elastic Email.

With SendGrid, our application can send email as fast as our server creates them.

Stacy B.

"User friendly, cost-effective, and the best option for our small business!"

What do you like best?

The design editor used to create marketing campaigns is very user friendly, and for the options that our small business was looking for, SendGrid offers the best pricing! It is also very handy that we can pay for what we need since our email volume varies from month to month.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more robust preference center integrated with SendGrid that could monitor user preferences in terms of how much email they'd like sent and what lists they'd like to be on.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SendGrid offers a lot of documentation to assist with setup and learning, so make good use of it!

We've been able to send a wide variety of marketing campaigns and create some awesome-looking templates! Monitoring the success of the campaigns is easy with the metrics displayed directly in the campaign view.

Ben L.

"Marketing Templates & Transactional Emails all in one place"

What do you like best?

One stop email solution for my product - we don't have to manage a separate marketing database and transactional email service.

What do you dislike?

-Lack of "drip" campaign and retargeting triggers when comparing to marketing automation platforms like Hubspot.

-The UI can be a bit buggy sometimes (button clicks/front end state seem to get out of phase with their backend when toggling settings), but always corrects itself after a browser refresh

-The "Activity Feed" feature suddenly changed from 30 days of logs to only 3 days within our package. This was pretty annoying to have a feature you use regularly suddenly become an upcharge opportunity.

We are a startup that needed both a way to send marketing (one-off) emails to our users as well as in-app triggered transactional emails for things like resetting a password. Sendgrid packages both of these in one easy to use app at an affordable price. The fewer systems to maintain and manage data across the better. We actually migrated from Mailgun since it only does transactional emails (or did at the time).

Vladimir M.

"Что такое настоящая клиентоориентированность, точно знает SendGrid"

What do you like best?

Я напишу этот отзыв на русском языке. Сделаю это потому, что в сети очень мало информации о компании SendGrid, на моем родном языке. Считаю необходимым подчеркнуть этот факт именно потому, что я сам плохо владею английским, и перевод отдельных статей, страниц и функций программы занимает у меня много времени. Итак, месяц назад я начал пользоваться услугами компании SendGrid через SMTP. Очень понравилось то, что во время тестового периода, можно отослать 40000 писем бесплатно. Эта цифра как раз подходила для моей компании. В моей клиентской базе несколько десятков тысяч получателей и время от времени они колучают от меня почту. Для рассылки писем мы используем скрипт написанный одним из наших коллег. Тестовая рассылка прошла хорошо, но в один из дней случилось страшное. Скрипт рассылки завис. Об этом я узнал от моих клиентов которые стали звонит мне и говорить о спаме. Я тут же связался с офисом и выяснил, что мы больше не контролируем скрипт и сколько писем и кому ушло тоже не известно. Наш хостер упорно молчал. Я тут же обратился в SendGrid и предупредил о том, что я стал спамером. Это случилось не намерено, И я просил выслать мне логи рассылки, что бы я мог оценит масштабы бетствия и принести свои извинения клиентам. В голове крутились мысли, что по моей вине моя рассылка и вместе с ней SMTP неминуемо попадет в блеклисты. SendGrid прислали мне фалй с логом рассылки. Некоторые из моих клиентов получили по 200 с лишним писем одинакового содержания. Лимит на рассылку был исчерпан, а это на тот момент более 30000 писем. Мы начали обзванивать клиентов и извиняться за спам. Вскоре со мной связались администраторы SendGrid и в качестве помощи подарили возможность отправить 20000 бесплатно. Я был в шоке. Я - спамер, хоть и не намеряно. Испортил репутацию компании и тут люди проникаются проблемой, входят в положение и дарят возможность реабилитироваться. При чем я об этом не просил. Это я называю клиентоориентированность и праввильнее - человечность. С таким положительным отношением я не сталкивался ранее никогда. По этому когда я читаю вопросы типа "Порекомендуете ли компанию SendGrid по 10 бальной шкале?"я отвечаю 100% да. Более того, уже порекомендовал и буду рекомендовать всем своим клиентам. Таких компаний мало. Их нужно ценить.

What do you dislike?

Мне все понравилось. Плохого сказать ничего не могу.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Пользуйтесь услугами копмании SendGrid. Это удивительные люди которые помогут вам быстро и от души.

SendGrid компания, которая относится с пониманием к проблемам клиентов.

UF
Un-attributed

"Great way to send well designed marketing emails."

What do you like best?

I like the tracking of open rates and click rates. I also like that they allow you to do A/B testing and it auto selects the better performing one. The other thing I like is that there is an option to switch to code mode, for a more customized approach.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot to learn if you are new. One of the things I think can be improved is that you have to choose a template or code mode.... but you can't go back and forth. Also, some of the A/B testing is done automatically, but you don't have 100% control

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great platform for sending and managing marketing campaigns. It will take some time to familiarize yourself with what it can do. Ultimately a great product with great visibility of stats.

Communicating with current customers. Sending surveys to customers. Also we use it to communicate weekly updates for internal employees. We can tell who opened the email, so we know how effective an email campaign is.

Geena C.

"SendGrid made Email delivery simplified."

What do you like best?

The powerful cloud based solution of SendGrid helps you in sending transactional and marketing Emails. SendGrid offers domain authentication, compliance and deliverability coaching and proactive ISP outreach to ensure that you achieve optimal inbox delivery.

All you need to do while using SendGrid is that create marketing campaigns for your company using the templates provided, and your contacts, then send your marketing campaign through sendgrid in just one click. Another positive comment about SendGrid is that while you send mails through this platform, there are less chance of being it moved to "Spam" of the receiver. You can send mails through Sendgrid from your business mail address, so the receiver never get to know about that you send the mail to many contacts through Sendgrid.

What do you dislike?

What dislikes about Sendgrid is that there are limitations for adding contacts. If the limitation for adding contact exceeds you need to pay penalty on it.

Our company is using SendGrid for sending bulk mails.

Mark R.

"Don't use sendgrid. "

What do you like best?

Nothing, they banned me after using the service for 12 hours.

What do you dislike?

I started developing using sendgrid to make write some email forwarding code. After about 12 hours, I was banned. I emailed them asking why, and here was their response:

"Thank you for contacting SendGrid Support! I would be happy to help you!

I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles logging into your account, I know that is very frustrating.

SendGrid leverages many different vetting techniques and as such we've determined that you're not a good fit for our platform. Because of this, we will not be able to activate your account. Our system does not provide myself or other members of Support with details regarding decisions made in the sign-up process. As such we are not able to provide any more information to you.

I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Josh Fink

SendGrid Support""

So basically, sendgrid banned me immediately for reasons they weren't willing to tell me and gave no followup actions. They didn't budge on mentioning any of the reasons why they wouldn't let me have an account, or any followup steps. Sendgrid sucks. Do not use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't use it.

Email forwarding with some processing of emails before they're created.

Swetha J.

"Best platform for Email Marketing Campaign.."

What do you like best?

As I was running my start up business, Sendgrid is very much helping me for making my job easy and thus for my business development. It simplify the way of sending mails to your large amount of clients. You can create your own campaigns according to your style and ideas. So first of all you need design your campaign, depending on your editor selection. It has a very simple user friendly interface to build your email marketing campaigns. It really amazing tool for sending marketing campaigns. Easily add your contact list via CSV upload or can send to already added contacts in sendgrid. There are less chance for moving your mail to "spam" while sending mail through CSV. So that it will capture the attention of receiver.

What do you dislike?

The things I dislike about Sendgrid is that sometimes the Email doesn't get delivered to the customer just because of IP blocks, but it will not happen every time, only chances are there.

I am using Sendgrid for making announcements, email marketing etc.

Un-attributed

"Smooth to use, pricing friendly, would love a better drag and drop editor"

What do you like best?

We like the way pricing is built out and the ease of uploading and managing contacts. We're very excited about Ads programs and automation. VERY excited for automation, we very much need the ability to set up drips without engineers.

What do you dislike?

We have a great need to be able to set up drips without having to bring in our engineers or use a tool like Zapier. We'd like to see more integrations with marketing tools. Mail Chimp is integrated with most everything, we'd like to see Sendgrid grow to that point.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has a very flexible API for your engineering team. They are headed in the right direction for those that aren't too tech savvy. I believe there will be more integrations in the future. We're trying it out with Landing Lion right now.

We are using it to keep constant touch points. It's been great for getting product visibility out there on a weekly basis.

Harimohan S.

"Easy to use, Easy configuration, Budgeted plans"

What do you like best?

SendGrid app is a great tool for any organization for their emailing solution in terms of marketing and transactional emails. SendGrid is very easy in configuration as minimum need for support documents.

you can manage lots of things like white listing of domains and support IDs, email templates, reporting etc. Tech support is always available. there are multiple budgetary plan you can choose according to your requirement.

What do you dislike?

Improvement is always better than the things running as usual. so reporting system could have been better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I always recommended to others to use Sengrid.

We have transactional emails which is based on auction platform. in our case the delivery of emails to customer should be immediate so that they can participants in running auction.

more number of participant in a auction resulted better dealing on your products. this is beneficial for our customer's customer.

Stephen U.

"Affordable and easy to integrate and start using"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid is an extremely easy to use SMTP solution. They have affordable plans that allow you to scale up your business easily. They make setup very simple which makes a really quick to implement. Sendgrid is also designed very nicely, they have a beautiful product that is powerful enough to handle anything you might throw at it.

What do you dislike?

An SMTP integration is not something a beginner should take lightly. There is a certain degree of difficulty and you should be aware of that before starting and allot yourself an appropriate amount of time to be able to get this set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare with similar products and be aware of the learning curve that is involved with installing third-party SMTP integrations.

I am currently using Sendgrid as my SMTP integration for my marketing software. It handles the delivery of all of the emails that get sent out through my marketing software. It sends automated emails as well as email broadcasts.

Zee G.

"Cheaper than most but not too user friendly"

What do you like best?

It's more affordable than MailChimp, price-wise when it comes to the number of subscribers and emails per month. Our developers also said that it was convenient for them to set up on the backend side for confirmation emails sent, for example, once the mobile app user has registered.

What do you dislike?

If it's more affordable price-wise than MailChimp, it's certainly that much less user-friendly for those of us who are not developers (who don't think code but rather "What you see is what you get" kind of mindset).

I haven't talked much to their support, but the help section of the website is explained in such complicated terms that it took me a while to go through the process step-by-step (and I've used a ton of various online services and tools, so it's not like this is my first one...)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

1. Depending on your requirements for the email marketing, this may (or may not) be your instrument of choice. If you have lots of subscribers and low budget, it's a good one to use (plus developers like it... so you won't have the hassle there...)

2. SendGrid has drag-n-drop templates. They aren't as intuitive and user-friendly as MailChimp, but it's a convenient thing where you don't have to reinvent the wheel. Just make sure that you doublecheck all the fonts because sometimes they might be changing throughout the email (when it's already sent), so be sure to send tests beforehand.

3. If you change something in the source code of the text area (I like to get rid of the additional tags that import themselves somehow and mess up my designs), the area might be converted to HTML source. So, simply click "Remove Format" and THEN edit your fonts and everything.

We use SendGrid for one of our client's products for email marketing. Every two weeks, we send out a digest with news and updates, and because the user database is quite large, MailChimp was too expensive for this particular task. Also, we use transactional emails for the web and mobile apps.

Lori C.

"Useful for companies who send out large quantities of emails"

What do you like best?

SendGrid has a nice user interface. It is very straightforward and provides the necessary tools needed to get a campaign out to our customers.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of the design editor. I know there are many issues when it comes to responsiveness with some email vendors but the email never looks the same in the editor, preview mode, or actually viewing the email after it is sent. This definitely is something they need to work on.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I never had any issues when uploading our own HTML into the code editor. It is only the design editor that gives me a headache sometimes. On another note, the global unsubscribe feature is great to have because it provides a safety net when uploading a new list each week and not catching all those that unsubscribed.

We send out two to three emails a week to our customer base of nearly 250,000 people. This is one of our biggest lead generators so we like these emails to have great content and look nice.

Jeremy N.

"Disappointing support"

What do you like best?

When it works, it works just fine. Easy to use. I would recommend for marketing emails, just not transactional emails.

What do you dislike?

Support leaves a lot to be desired. The company seems to not treat issues with any significant urgency. We got burned (and ultimately switched services) after they introduced a bug that caused emails not to be delivered, and I contacted support 3 separate times with no resolution on any of them. The emails ultimately ended up being dropped because they didn't figure out the problem before the 72 hour timer expired. On the up side, I've always gotten through to somebody on live chat over the years, and on easy issues, they were able to get them resolved fairly quickly. To me, though, I can't bank my business on an company that fails to follow up and resolve issues that they themselves caused.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a transactional email solution, I would strongly consider other options that provide better support and higher visibility into what is going on with individual emails.

SendGrid is a cheap and easy way to send emails from non mail servers but maintain visibility into the traffic and pass DKIM/SPF/DMARC checks. We've used it for Linux servers, phone/voicemail systems, copy machines, etc.

Un-attributed

"Sendgrid: The CONS outweigh the PROS for the inexperienced marketer."

What do you like best?

The best thing Sendgrid has going for it as a bulk mailer is that you can import a large list of contacts without much fuss or refusal like other well known auto responders. Also, it is free to use for sending a limited number of emails/month that you send, which is a nice benefit.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, setting up a basic email marketing campaign is too complicated unless you have a great deal of experience. The tutorial videos are generally vague and I haven't found their support to be of much help in explaining sections I didn't understand. And beware of their Acceleration Program. They completely lack follow through on this program's benefits and promises.

They stress deliverability, which is a huge benefit over most other emailing software sites. But there again, if you lack a solid background in sending engaging emails, it can be quite frustrating and time consuming.

Twin A.

"Simple, Powerful, and Effective"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn, navigate, and create effective email campaigns with powerful metrics! I suggest this software to anyone that needs to get emails out without having to immerse themselves in code language. A sigh of relief even for developers not to have to crank out code for every line of instruction.

The performance metrics are fabulous - with delivered, unique opens, unique clicks, and unsubscribes in a simple view. You can drill down further into geographic locations, device type, category stats, mailbox stats and browser stats.

Definitely recommend!

What do you dislike?

Unsubscribe tags use long form code in the emails that are difficult to remove. The software spits out an email with a bunch of long form hypertext that makes the email look unprofessional at the end of a newsletter. This wasn't always the case. Since SendGrid migrated from a newer beta version to the live version, some quirky errors started to show up from customers still using the legacy version.

It would be beneficial for customers to reach support without having to leave feedback in a forum. I know we live in a digital age, but there is just something about stellar customer service when you can pick up the phone and speak to a fluent native language speaking representative.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely use this software if you want to get emails out consistently, simply, and effectively.

Consistent, effective email campaigns with a strong set of deliverability metrics, clicks, and suppressions. Monitoring success rate of emails, keeping contact list clean, and promoting products via email.

Garth P.

"Initially very positive, but vaguely disappointing"

What do you like best?

The transactional mail service concept. Don't use marketing mail as Mailchimp do this much better and frankly are a better company all round (business concept/pricing breaks/interface/support) in what they do, plus they have an affiliate program.

What do you dislike?

As a small business which caters to small business, it is a big jump between the entry level essentials to something with a dedicated IP address and ability to whitelabel.

Interface is easy enough to use though not stellar, but documentation, and getting to it and support is not well designed or integrated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Well, I recommended Sendgrid for their free and then entry level product $1/mth and will continue to do so as long as that continues. But the jump to $99/mth for a reseller/combined account situation just doen't make commercial sense to us, and there's no affiliate structure. I look for commercial quality products that offer me a business advantage and in turn I can make money from from my clients, but it has to be at a price point that makes sense.

avoiding the use of web server mail or maintaining IP rep. easier tracking reporting on mail delivery

Megan K.

"Easy to use and stellar support"

What do you like best?

SendGrid's marketing campaigns UI is incredibly intuitive. I've used a few email marketing systems in the past and SendGrid has one of the most intuitive UIs that I've come across. Most of my time in SendGrid is spent managing lists, creating email templates, building and deploying campaigns, and email reporting -- all very easy to accomplish with minimal need to reference support documentation. When I have needed to reach out to support, I've always received a response quickly and was able to resolve my question or issue in the same day.

What do you dislike?

We hit a maximum number of lists within our SendGrid account, requiring us to remove old lists before new ones could be created.

SendGrid makes it easy to deliver timely, well designed emails to our customers.

Un-attributed

"Excellent for form tracking to make sure clients receive emails from their website"

What do you like best?

For years, we had issues with our client's email servers randomly rejecting email leads from their website. When we created the site, we would test out the forms and the client would receive them, but randomly, after months of working, the client would not recieve an email or two from their website. This was frustrating for us because we are an SEO company and want to make sure every lead we bring to the client is seen. Sendgrid does an excellent job at showing us what web forms were filled out that day and if they bounced, dropped, or received by the client. We rarely get drops now thanks to SendGrid, and if we do, we can see them right away and rectify the issue!

What do you dislike?

This program does exactly what we'd like it to do - no complaints here!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

love the app!

Making sure our clients receive emails from their websites is essential to our retention rates - If they don't get leads, they will not be satisfied with our work. Sendgrid gives us the piece of mind knowing that our clients are getting all of the emails they should off of their website!

Dallas H.

"Very helpful so far..."

What do you like best?

Their team's eagerness to get us on-boarded and help in testing. As a startup, they gave us a very generous discount to take their complete product for a test drive for a year.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be a little glitchy at times in the campaign builder. Not bad, but little problems can make it frustrating.

We use sendgrid primarily for their transactional email. I work with the Dev team to define events and triggers, and design the emails myself. While I can't claim to understand all that goes on behind the scenes, I've been told that their framework has been very easy to integrate with, and designing the email has been a breeze.

Kathy K.

"Reliable marketing campaigns that land in the InBox"

What do you like best?

SendGrid emails are easy to set up, they help manage our domain reputation so that the emails land in a person's inbox, and we can easily program emails to deliver through an API.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a more robust email template editor. It's finicky and the HTML it generates is verbose.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the API Libraries provided by their team

We send all our transactional emails to our health plan members and employers through this platform. We can easily see who received our emails, clicks, opens, etc.

Russell S.

"Great for transactional email"

What do you like best?

Transactional email service is top notch. Lots of options for sending including the ability to delay sends and replace variables in email. Reliable delivery and options to ensure that you can brand your links.

Simple one-off marketing campaigns are great.

There is a solid design tool for emails for folks not comfortable with coding their own.

What do you dislike?

Needs better support for logic and looping in email code.

Drip campaigns aren't supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great service. Solid delivery

We send transactional email to customers to encourage reengagement and to facilitate communication. We have had great open and click through rates resulting in a better customer experience and better engagement numbers.

Rony C.

"Great for transactional email!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to integrate, and has lots of docs to have a great newbie experience.

What do you dislike?

Their shared ips suck. They are flagged as spam by various spam checkers. If you are serious about your business, you will have to get a paid private ip, which I think is ok given there is no free lunch.

One thing I have never got to work is spam report alerts. I simply never get them, even though the hard bounce alerts work well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are great for sending transactional emails. Their email marketing efforts are still not up for the job, so for that I would suggest using other email marketing provider such as getresponse, mailchimp, drip, etc for marketing emails. Use the right tool for the right job.

Sending transactional email is their core, and that is what we use them for. It's simple to implement and we seem to get good delivery rates. However, sometimes I find out our emails go straight to the spam folder, while they are signaled as delivered. But I sort of think it is impossible for Sendgrid to correctly track that our emails are in the spam folder.

Jim H.

"Stole my Money"

What do you like best?

it looked cheap - but was too hard to use and then they stole my money

What do you dislike?

they stole my money off me. made it impossible to close the account, by not sending verification emails when they say they have, then they keep charging your card each month. like thieves.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They do not let you close your account, then keep taking money from your card each month

Also near impossible to use- takes days to set up due to various authentication systems, which then dont work when you try to cancel. They are thieves in my view. Professional thieves.

nothing at all . they stole my money off me and will not let me close the account

Adam C.