Semrush Reviews & Product Details

AM
What do you like best?

Its workflow from content research to creation saves me a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to say what I dislike because SEMrush is very good at evolving the tools in the light of user feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SEMrush is an indispensable part of my digital marketing arsenal. It could be yours, too. Why don't you try SEMrush's free trial and see if it works for you? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SEO and Content Marketing problems for my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi, thank you so much for your review! Great to know you enjoy Semrush tools!

Semrush Overview

What is Semrush?

Semrush is an online visibility management and content marketing SaaS platform that enables businesses to optimize their online presence across all key channels. Semrush data and insights are trusted by 6,000,000 marketing professionals and over 1000 top media outlets worldwide. With more than 50 tools within the software, data for more than 140 countries, integration with Google and task management platforms, Semrush is now must-have software for digital marketing teams across the world.

Semrush Details
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Online Visibility and Content Marketing SaaS Platform

Our software helps marketers in companies of all sizes and industries to optimize their online visibility across key channels (from Search to Social Media and PR) and create engaging content for their users. Our reach data allows to discover great opportunities for growth, while workflow and tracking solutions help users to constantly run experiments and accurately measure results.

Semrush
@semrush

CEO at SEMrush

Semrush Videos

Semrush Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Semrush community
Have you used Semrush before?

Semrush Reviews

Showing 1,141 Semrush reviews
Showing 1,141 reviews
Already have Semrush?
Marketing Coordinator
What do you like best?

I really enjoy how well-rounded SEMrush's platform is. The software provides just about everything our digital marketing agency needs for our day-to-day operations. I really love the progress they are making on the social media management tool. There's lots of insightful charts that SEMrush is putting together that make analysis fun and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the on-page SEO tools are solid. What needs improvement is the off-page tools like Link Building and Brand Monitoring. I believe there's lot of room for SEMrush to improve the link building tool by adding more modifiers like name of the person being emailed, fields for signatures, ability to insert images or GIFs. A direct inbox function with the tool so I don't have to use my actual inbox in unison with the link building tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SEMrush is helping our team quickly analyze the SEO landscape for our clients and competitors. It's also helping us streamline much of our link building outreach and expanding the number of publishers we can effectively reach per month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Jason, thank you for sharing your review! Your feedback on Link Building tool is much appreciated and passed to the team. We're happy to know you enjoy our tools!

AW
What do you like best?

Overall, Semrush is a really solid search engine optimization and search engine marketing tool that gives you all the key data you'll need for a successful SEO project. ... But overall, Semrush is a very good solution that provides you with the key information you'll need to improve your search rankings. I love the competitive research capabilities of SEM Rush. I can easily see historic search or display ads of the competition and derive their strategy from the information that SEM Rush provides. SEM Rush also has other great features like monitoring the health of a website and social media reporting. It saves my team a lot of time. The SEO improvement suggestions are great - you do not need to look around and try to figure out what to correct when you are working with a large website and thousands of pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a whole lot that I dislike about this tool. Sometimes, features that I really want to use are at another subscription level. I wish that more features came with a lower subscription price. I also wish that there were more role-based logins to trim down what people see and only show them the data and features that relate to their role. An example of this is the SEO writing assistant. I also wish there was more control over the date ranges of the data presented. Some of the menus are not intuitive and I wish the UI was more intuitive. There is a lot of overlap with the different tools/sections. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is a great value for the money. I have used many digital marketing tools and you should use this as part of your martech stack. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to automate some reporting, easily monitor site health beyond Google Search Console and use the data to create effective strategies. It saves us a lot of time and allows us to be more agile. We are able to connect multiple systems and have one concise view of the monitoring data. SEM Rush is also able to provide us with very valuable competitive research and keyword planning for future initiatives. We are launching several new digital initiatives and this tool has informed us of how to approach each project with a clear direction. Our management is able to make informed decisions with data and in the world of Big Data, having the right data is the most important problem that SEM Rush solves for our planning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Alana, thank you for sharing your review! Your feedback is much appreciated. We're happy to know you enjoy our tools!

Digital Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

I mostly use SEMrush for Keyword analysis and Industry research. I have also set up projects to track the health of our site and I find it very useful when SEMrush sends me warnings of loss in ranking due to google algorithm changes. I also use the writing assistant feature to assess the quality of blog posts. I use SEMrush to monitor our competitor's activities and see how we fare compared to them. Whenever we go for partnerships with other businesses or agencies, I use SEMrush to check their traffic data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far in my use, I don't have any major complaints against it. Some people complain about the price. I haven Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Marketing is fast evolving as is the supporting technology. It is a great toolkit to keep in your arsenal to make objective, data driven decisions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We shifted our website to DIVI 2 years ago - our traffic did not decrease much but our conversions fell drastically. I used SEMrush to diagnose how we lost our ranking in top 3 positions for majority of our keywords. I love the historical data SEMrush was able to provide me.

I also use it to keep track of organic and paid competitors to our sites. And adjust our budget and efforts accordingly. SEMrush also helps me identify SEO opportunities Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Tahsin, thank you for sharing your review! Your feedback is much appreciated. We're happy to know you enjoy our tools!

SEO Executive
What do you like best?

Doing a complete Website Audit is always a daunting task for me, but SEMRUSH has made it very simple. It turns around the whole boring process of SEO into very useful forms, which can be easily understood. Loves SEMRUSH reporting features for my personal clients, All essential reporting options are available in a single place. I would hardly recommend at least SEMRUSH's Guru Plan for everyone who is struggling with his website SEO performances. Cheers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Yeah, It's costly, I mostly use Guru Plan. But I love its features. Definitely Unique from other intelligence marketing tools in the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I hardly recommend SEMRUSH to all webmasters who are struggling with their obsessed SEO processes. I personally believe that SEMRUSH can fulfill your all requirements related to Competitors Analysis and a better approach is taking over them. Use SEMRUSH to level up your SEO game and impress your clients with customized and handsome reports on a daily and monthly basis. Cheers. Happy Crawling! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Keyword Research for all my Projects, GMB precise location reporting is definitely a valuable asset for my clients.

- Competitors Keyword Gap analysis is a nifty feature I use for every single website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Amna, thank you for sharing your great review! We're happy to know you enjoy our tools!

Digital Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

SEO analytics is the best part of the product. Amount of information they can provide in enormous. You still have to know how to use this data and where to look for it. Once you know all ins and outs this tool becomes very powerful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

UX is not very intuitive. There is a lot of data in the product that they can provide. You would have to invest time to get to know all of products capabilities. They try to make it up with a lot of free webcasts and training videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A lot of marketing team members will benefit from SEMRush. There are features for your SEO, SEM, writers and social team members. You would need an expert on the team to help coworkers to find information in the product and explain to them how to find it. If you master it there are a lot of strategies with which SEMRush's data can help you with. May be start small with outlining what information you are looking for then expend in to other features of the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps to get SEO information on the corporate website and see what are the competitors doing. With social channels part of SEMRush it saves so much time on the analysis of the social media channels for the company vs competition. Content portion of the product helps out writers do speed up research and SEO optimization of the blog posts. SEM is very hand too. It provides good intelligence on what competition is doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Alexandre, thank you for your review! Your feedback is really appreciated. I will pass you thought on our UI/UX to the team. Great to know that you enjoy our tools and insights!

COO
What do you like best?

Semrush identified areas on our website that needed attention. It allows us to understand why \we are not ranking with Google in the search engine process. We had page issues, critical errors, broken links, missing tags.

Semrush's system is great at identifying missing keywords. Backlinks that were broken and need to be fixed, allow us better relationships with our community. it helped us with monitoring social media posts and enable us to see what was working and not working. The site audit supports the weekly goals of continued progress.

Set weekly targeted goals and monitor progress by continuing to use the audit tools for our site. The benefit from the additional business is being realized by the additional traffic and exposure of the site status. This allows us to continue to manage our site and identify problems before they become an issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit of a challenge to manage all of the information that you can monitor. Take good notes so that you can remember how to navigate the menu. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

they offer educational webinars to keep you up to date on new information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were losing traffic and speed, Semrush audits are a game-changer. It helped us identify that we lost a number of keywords during a website transition. our traffic is up as well we are reestabishing our keywords. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Martha, thank you for sharing your review! Your feedback is much appreciated. We're happy to know you enjoy our tools!

Web Marketing & SEO
What do you like best?

Powerful tools that help make sure you're always on top of your website's SEO health. SEMrush is a great way to keep all of your SEO efforts organized into one place. Some tools like content creation assistance can be great for team members with limited SEO experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

SEMrush is a robust tool and that sometimes means that features can be hard to find or sometimes how tools are categorized can seem odd. Also, it's hard to tell if multiple tools are synergizing/communicating properly. Transferring or tracking data between tools doesn't often feel like it works as it should. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think if you want to invest in a SEO tool this is the one to invest in. There may be cheaper options, but they don't compare to the suite of tools that this provides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use SEMrush to monitor our site's overall SEO health, track/find potential keywords, and measure how our current keywords are performing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Tyler, thank you for sharing your review! Your feedback is much appreciated. We're currently working on improving our UX and rethinking the interface logic. We're happy to know you enjoy our tools!

SEO Expert
What do you like best?

Magic tool is my favourite part of SEM rush tool. I just love the way i can easily get results while doing a keyword research with the option to add keywords or to exclude unwanted keywords. Then i love how easily i can check the competitor pages and the keywords they are ranking for.

Currently im required to use Keyword Planner for my work but i cant just use Keyword planner as its not complete as SeM rush so i use first sem rush and then i recheck some keywords through Kw planner.

I kindly recommend SEM rush to everyone who wants to do their SEO job without big headache. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Im not sure what i dislike since currently everything i need i just love! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Feel free to try other similar tool and compare them with the SEM Rush Magic Tool and you will see how easy it is to find relevant keywords using SEM Rush. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Im currently just researching keywords and checking the keywords that competitor pages are ranking for.

The benefits i have is that it saves my time and hassle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Jovanka, thank you for sharing your review! Your feedback is much appreciated. We're happy to know you enjoy our tools!

Marketing Consultant/Owner
What do you like best?

There are so many reporting options available. So much data. I find myself being drawn more to the competitors and ranking distribution. My clients love seeing where they are compared to their competitors and how we can target specific strategies to benchmark against their competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I definitely don't like the fact that we have to continue to upgrade or pay more for reports that should be included... $20/extra per month per local ... why not just add to the subscription. It seems like I am being asked quite a bit to purchase add-ons or more. My monthly bill is already at almost $300 a month and I'm just a small start-up at the moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Again, love the competitors ranking position. But along with the site audit report and the content analyzer I'm able to go back to the client and give them details on what needs to be fixed in order to meet benchmarks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Rebecca, thank you for sharing your review! Your feedback on plans and pricing is much appreciated - I will pass it to our team. We're happy to know you enjoy our tools!

Digital Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

My favorite parts of SEMrush are the site audit tool & the SEO writing assistant. I have had a few training sessions with the team at SEMrush and they were very knowledgeable. I really enjoy the ease of reporting and the ability to create data rich reports at ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had SEMRush for over a year now and I have only really learned how to use about 30% of the tools available.

Also many of the tools dont work because my websites are location.crowneplaza.com and it only works for crowneplaza.com

I have had a few training sessions with the team at SEMRush and they were very knowledgable. however, they moved through things very fast and i was not able to keep up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SEMrush comes highly recommended by me. It is a fantastic tool with everything I could ask for. However it is something that you will need to commit your time to. You will need to learn how to use it and that has taken some time for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving issues with my websites on page SEO.

I am solving issues with my reporting and the quality of my reports.

I am solving issues with my SEO writing ability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Mark, thank you for your review! Your feedback on the tools is really appreciated. Please note that we have a free Knowledge Base with description of all tools and workflows - it is updated regularly and can be a great help!

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

I can do all my analytics work on one platform: Google Analytics, Google Adwords, SEO.

--Much easier format that is updated more frequently than competitors. I have used AhREFS, moz.com, SpyFu, etc. This platform always seems to be superior for my needs. I previously worked on the agency side, and used it there too. So now I have used it on both client-facing and agency-side. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price for smaller business owners leaves no room for negotiation. Agencies, which have multitudes of clients have a price difference not substantial enough. A program that I use called Drift.com has a small business membership, where it's just one user and a certain amount of times you can log in a month. Works great for a growing business. You can really streamline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quick, succinct keyword research. The results work for both Adwords and SEO. Building the website becomes easier as well because you know so much on the front end.

I would love the time to be able to dive into the social media aspect of the platform but have not taken that leap quite yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Kaitlyn, thank you for your review! Your feedback is really appreciated.

Marketing Consultant
What do you like best?

I like Semrush because it offers a complete suite of everything you need to have for your digital marketing efforts. Most still see it as an SEO software. And while it has an SEO component, you can't limit it to it only. I particularly love the content marketing toolkit where it allows you to research, create, audit, and scale your entire content production. Then it also has integration for social media which allows you to post and schedule ahead of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike about Semrush is the UI. It does get a bit of getting used to. I also wished it has some sort of user onboarding when you first sign up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I initially started to use Semrush as a keyword research tool. But my needs have transformed over the course of using it. Now, I'm using Semrush as part of my workflow—from researching keywords, tracking competitors, to creating content and collaborating with other writers, to posting on social media, and even for building links. All these inside Semrush. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Ariel, thank you for your review! Your feedback is really appreciated. I have passed you thoughts on UX/UI - we're working on improving it right now!

SEO/ SEM/ Social Media Specialist, Talent Acquisition
What do you like best?

EVERYTHING that SEMrush offers to online marketers. I am mostly using it for doing competitive research, keyword research, and technical SEO (Site Audits). Love how they enhance current features and come up with new ones every now and then based on trending topics. I love to attend their SEO webinars as well as informative blogs. I can't imagine my day at work without using this amazing tool. I have used a couple of other tools as well but the way SEMrush represents data in reports is so easy to understand and it's so helpful to improve our digital marketing strategies based on the explanations & suggestions they provide for each topic in the tool itself. Also, it offers the best subscription prices compared to any other tool in the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of at this point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. Search Engine Marketing is incomplete without this amazing tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Running Site Audits on a regular cadence help me identify issues that I should work on next to improve my website in terms of providing the best user experience and improving rankings.

Competitive Research helps me keep eye on competitor's SEO and SEM strategies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Drashti, thank you for an amazing review! Your feedback on the tools is much appreciated. We're happy to know you enjoy our insights and features!

Owner
What do you like best?

Easy to use toolset even for the inexperienced. The toolset provides immesurable information that can be used to improve your website and search engine presence. For a quick overview of your website, the dashboard provided by Semrush gives you quick data on your position tracking, including visibility, keywords, your last site audit, onpage SEO checker, backlink audits, traffic analysis, top pageviews, Google Search Console performance, and more. Access to deeper dives are available with single clicks on whatever category you select - for example with Site Audit, you simply click on the site health graphic and you can quickly see how your website health has changed, the number of errors significantly impacting your website, the warnings on things you should address, and notices on additional work you can do to improve your website. The guesswork is taken out of improving your website. Semrush provides you with exactly what you need to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The toolset can be a bit overwhelming for a newcomer. There are lots of resources provided by Semrush such as onscreen tips, blogs, ebooks, SEO Academy, webinars, and more that help - it will take a newcomer time to learn the power of this tool. Would like to see the tools sorted by sequence for newcomers to the SEO world. For example, If you are new to SEO, do this first, this second...etc to begin gettnig the biggest bang. Skip the sorting sequence for all experienced folks to get right to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Semrush is not a cheap tool. I was hesitant about paying for my first subscription, but now that I have begun to use the tool and see what it can do for my business, I see its value will be multiples of the subscription price. Without Semrush, I'd be sinking with no idea what to do to improve performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a non-technical person who is building out a website, there are so many things to do that it becomes overwhelming. In addition, without Semrush, there would be no chance for me to understand what is preventing my website from being found and performing well. The Semrush toolset provides deep levels of information on what is going well and what is going wrong. The toolset also tells me what actions to take in order to improve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from SEMrush of Semrush

Hi Paul, thank you for sharing your review! Your feedback is much appreciated. We now have our tools sorted by toolkits - so you can have all the tools for particular tasks in one place. It would be hard organising them by experience levels - each SEO has their own focuses and tasks. Instead, we have lots of blog posts with checklists - there detailed description on how to do the points with our tools. Also, for the beginners our Knowledge Base with how-to workflows can be helpful.

Search Marketing Specialist