SeekOut Reviews & Product Details

US
What do you like best?

Seekout Robot- Great feature of how it pulls the data required with candidates in the geographic area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not having all the candidates information. ie: emails, numbers. some of the information seekout pulls, is dated or not an active email. My team then has to go through other layers of scraping data to find current information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding more candidates than sourcing on the job boards and LinkedIn. Benefits- not a confirmed benefit yet. ROI, no placements made from Seekout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SeekOut Overview

What is SeekOut?

SeekOut is the most trusted talent intelligence platform that enables them, modern recruiter, to find and engage with qualified candidates fast. With SeekOut’s intuitive AI-powered search technology, recruiters and sourcers can tap into underutilized talent pools of millions of global profiles, discover skilled candidates with unprecedented speed and precision, and engage with them instantly by obtaining the right contact information in a single click. - Untapped Talent for Digital Transformation Gain access to 100s of millions of candidates from untapped talent pools including public profiles, GitHub, papers and patents, employee referrals, company alumni, candidates in your ATS, and more - Best-in-industry AI Talent Search Engine Quickly and accurately search top talent using advanced AI/ML techniques, direct search, custom Boolean and power filters Diversity Sourcing, Analytics, and Unconscious Bias Easily create diverse slates with highly qualified female, Hispanic, African American, and veteran candidates, and build an actionable recruiting strategy to meet your company’s diversity and inclusion goals - Talent Analytics for Data-Savvy Recruiters Deeply analyze talent pools and be a strategic advisor to the hiring managers and management - to enable more informed decision-making - Reliable Contact-info & Messaging: Engage & Hire Successfully engage with qualified candidates and receive faster responses with SeekOut’s verified contact information, hyper-personalized content and automated drip campaigns - Unified Solution: Passive, Alumni, Referrals, and ATS Rediscovery Refresh and rediscover the candidates you’ve already seen in your ATS, and search up-to-date profiles using SeekOut. Hire faster and more effectively by leveraging your team’s network and connections, via SeekOut

SeekOut Details

SeekOut is a recruiter-friendly tool for sourcing passive candidates with diversity filters, 1-click contact info, and easy bulk exports.

“SeekOut has clearly separated itself from
its competitors. Their GitHub sourcing takes
candidate profiles that once got lost in a sea
of buzzwords and brings them to the top of
the pile based on real world relevance. Their
focus on diversity with dedicated filters is a
game-changing sourcing feature for
recruiters and hiring managers."
-- Mario Linares, Executive Recruiting Director at VMWare

SeekOut
Bellevue, WA
@seekouthq
428 Twitter followers

SeekOut Videos

SeekOut Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the SeekOut community
Have you used SeekOut before?

SeekOut Reviews

Showing 164 SeekOut reviews
Already have SeekOut?
Head of Talent Acquisition
What do you like best?

Unlimited characters in keyword/boolean search gives a HUGE advantage over LinkedIn. Also having access to contact information without being reliant on someone adding me back as a connection is powerful. We priarily used LinkedIn for reaching out to passive candidates but Seekout is a much better tool for both effectiveness as well as cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The AI tool doesn't really work. It's not a big deal because the keyword and power filter's is my preferred search method anyways. You are supposed to be able to plug in a job description and the three most important traits in the candidate you need and the results aren't optimal. In fact they were pretty far off from what I was looking for. That being said, do not let these comments cause you to not consider SeekOut for reaching passive candidates. It's still a GREAT and valuable tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SeekOut allows me to reach candidates that I wasn't able to access through LinkedIn recruiter. Also the email database seems to be on point so far. We are primarily using it to reach candidates that often aren't active on job boards such as Indeed and ZipRecruiter. In this case public tax and audit accountants from senior level and up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Sourcer
What do you like best?

The AI Matching and the grading of the matches it gives you so that it learns what you are looking for as you are sourcing. VERY EFFICIENT!! I also LOVE all the filters available to a search and how easily you can narrow your research or "re-expand" your view without having to make your initial search specific. You have the ability to cast a wider net and then sort through what you are capturing to find the exact matches without spending hours on perfecting a search string. I love that I can pick what format I am wanting the excel doc when exporting candidates. I like all the power search for RNs! I like the diversity filters and other filters that are similar, I have never seen filters like that in any other system we have tested! I like the vastness of the system, I feel like I use it frequently and I still haven't seen all that it can do. Using Seekout has definitely brought some fun and excitement back into everyday sourcing. When I want to source LinkedIn I find myself going to Seekout first instead of other platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Every time you log in the search resets, I wish you could have preset filters that you use all the time. Wish you could see who has contact info and who does not based on a filter. I want my search results to include "# has contact info available" instead of searching and then requesting and waiting for the results and then parsing out the candidates who don't have contact info. I would like if I could set up auto searches within a project that put new candidates in even if I am not performing the search consistently. I would like if you could export candidates in the search function using Talemetry formatting without having to add them to a project first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely do not waste any time contemplating trying this system out! You will love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love that most of the info is current and up to date and gets updated when a candidate updates their info on LinkedIn. That is super helpful. When sourcing in CRMs or ATSs you never know if the candidate has pursued other positions since the last time they applied or updated their resume. Also I source passive candidates so I love that these candidates could be actively seeking other jobs now or may no be at this time. I also like that I can see where the candidates in my search are working currently and I can use that information to help me source more effectively in other systems like CRM and ATS because it tells me where most of the candidates are located or what company has the candidates I like the most for a opening we have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
What do you like best?

The messaging platform is by far the most effective tool I have seen. Being able to go after targeted searches and also have tools to help aide the search and messaging helps a ton. Also the cost of the tool is a great price point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only concern I have had is the formatting can get a little quirky on messaging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Working in Talent Acquisition and Recruiting you usually don't like to give away too many secrets but I do standby Seekout as an excellent tool for those looking to hire talent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Its simple the problems it is solving for me is bringing in talent. The caliber of talent I have been able to find with this tool over the past couple of years has been excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Corporate Recruiter
What do you like best?

Out of all of the sourcing tools I've seen throughout my years as a corporate recruiter, Seek Out is bar the best. The Power Filters and Diversity Tags are something that I've never seen and are truly exceptional in adding to my sourcing tools! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I could change one thing, it would be the ability to contact candidates from Seek Out directly and have the email or call go thru. I've run into some roadblocks of the candidate's information in Seek Out not be valid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to source for diverse candidates by using the diversity tags. I've never seen something like this in a sourcing tool. It helps my organization attract more diverse talent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I can target my search to be as broad or as specific as I like! Being able to source candidates on a really specific level ensures the best use of my time and the best chance at finding a good fit. I am also thrilled with the ability to eliminate unconscious bias when reviewing candidates - love that feature! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far the team has been really good about answering any technical issues. I was disappointed that there was a limit to how many people I could reach out to as that wasn't explained during the sales phase - but the team addressed that with us and ultimately we're thrilled with the product.

It also doesn't integrate with our applicant tracking system - which isn't ideal - but when we switch to one of the more supported platforms I imagine that will eliminate the issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a small team it has greatly increased our reach and allowed us to find more passive candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

Seekout uses Artificial Intelligence and learns from the user. The more you use it, the better it gets. It also allows integration of other databases so you only have to look here instead of opening multiple tabs for search. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tool is hard to navigate for beginners. Since there are a lot of features, it can be overwhelming for a first time user Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The tool is a great supplementary for your personal network. The insights that the tool provides is useful and more extensive than other tools, and the good thing about SeekOut is while it integrates data, it also provides the profiles so that you can validate the data yourself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The instant insights provided by SeekOut are more in-depth than others. This is quick data that you can share with hiring managers in the initial stages of the recruitment process to drive efficiency and to be able to look for candidates in the right direction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

Ability to search specific diversity groups (females, hispanic, etc.), security clearances, etc. Also, able to pull candidates out into a spreadsheet (so much easier to share a list of candidates with a Hiring Manager than LinkedIn). Also pulls from other places like Github and can search for Scientific and Engineering people specifically. Will get you contact info as well. Has an insights tab similar to LinkedIn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes contact info is not always accurate or a bit old. There is a slight lag in accuracy with LinkedIn. If someone changes their profile it is not an immediate update in Seekout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You must try at least a demo! It is a fantastic tool that TA or Sourcing can benefit greatly from! It will help your team become a better talent advisor as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Filling the funnel, talent sourcing, candidate pipelining and finding/hiring great people! You have much better search results than with LinkedIn! Sharing immediate information with your TA team and /or hiring managers. The ability to pull out information about the candidates and upload into various ATS's is a huge benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Principal Technical Sourcer
What do you like best?

The Insights, AI Matching, and the power filters are all really great features. Also, the GitHub search function is a great way to partner with engineering teams. Learning who top contributions are and engaging with them through the engineering team is a great feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I know it's limited to what tier of account you have, but having unlimited contact credits and export credits would be very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend time to learn all the ways to use SeekOut to its full potential. There are a lot of ways to utilize the certain functions of SeekOut for example you can use the GitHub search function with engineering hiring leaders to review the code of Senior Engineers. Or, if you are looking to open a new office locations or hire in a remote location you can use SeekOut's insights to pull the data and have data driven conversations with leaders within your organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Seekout's Insights has helped show data to hiring leaders when it comes to talent mapping and researching skillsets across the global. Having the ability to drill down into the data as well as provide diversity data is a huge benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of HR & Talent Acquistion
What do you like best?

It is extremely user friendly - both in the website and the Chrome extension. the UI is great also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any strong dislikes aside from the limit of 500 contacts per month but Seekout is obviously a for-profit tool so I understand the limit. I would also like if it was possible to combine multiple projects into one large project to track overall sourcing efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can handle the cost - it is a great tool to utilize. Will it do ALL the work for you, no. It is great though, especially for niche roles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have attained several benefits primarily around identifying candidate information. I am a Technical Recruiter/Sourcer and SeekOut is the most reliable tool for relevant and up to date contact information. I don't have significant problems other than just minor things. For example, if you do an AI search on the website, it creates a new project even if the search is for an existing project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Service Delivery Director
What do you like best?

An intuitive design, with strong power filters and a focus on Diversity & Inclusion. Backed up by an engaged and supportive customer success team.

SeekOut have been a fantastic partner as we look to diversify our reliance on LinkedIn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Still a young company with lots of room for improvement and a large development pipeline, but they listen to feedback and take it onboard. It is great to be on the journey with them.

The majority of the data is through LinkedIn, so cost becomes a major differentiator here. Better scope outside of LinkedIn would certainly improve SeekOut's place in this market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A solid replacement for LinkedIn Recruiter (especially the RPS/Lite offerings). Offers much more flexibility for our Sourcing Teams to identify, engage and deliver prospective talent. The analytics and contact data toolset allows us to consider SeekOut as our platform across a number of our Workforce Tech Channels.

Our ability to provide diverse sourcing solutions through either "Blind Hiring Mode" or proactive power-filters as been an excellent addition to our solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Talent Builder for Hematology, Oncology, Immunology, Data Science & E-Commerce
What do you like best?

The best thing I like about SeekOut is that it is AI. I think the capability gives the tool a lot of advantage and maneuvers compared to other recruiting software out there. It pulls in a lot of information about a prospect in just a click. I also like that it can also pull in the contact information about the prospect, which we all know LinkedIn does not do unless you're connected to the person. Another I like is that it pulls in studies or research papers linked to the prospect. That is very useful for me especially that I'm working in the Immunology space here at Johnson & Johnson. It allows me to better qualify prospects in a way that it validates the scientific expertise of that person which is very heavy on our side of things. I also like the Diversity filters as well which allows you to filter through gender or ethnicity, etc. Last thing I would like to share about SeekOut that I love is the way the job title filter works. Say you type in a search, it will automatically give you the job titles that were actually captured in that specific search that way you don't have to blindly include or exclude job titles. It gives you all the title and you can just tick off the job tittle that appeared in the search that you do not like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more people that does not have a Linkedin account. See, a lot of the profiles in SeekOut while having rich information, a lot of them have LinkedIn accounts - which is fine. However, I'm expecting to see more people that doesn't have Linkedin - like people from universities, research centers, company websites, conferences, professional organizations, etc.

I strongly feel that with SeekOut's AI capability, they can make this happen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

So, I would advise that you ask for a demo trial first before purchasing. Experience it first and see for yourself the amazing features before you decide to buy it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SeekOut solves our issues with Contact information Generation, Diversity Hiring and Talent Intelligence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Manager, Recruiting & Sourcing
What do you like best?

Seekout allows a recruiter to obtain contact information easily along with a full picture of the candidate. For technical candidates its rare for these results to be unavailable which is a competative advantage. Other tools I have used start out strong but can't maintain it. Seekout has continued to maintain a high level of accurate and detailed information it continues to expand into other countries, sectors and regions. I Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything. Getting used the the new UI was the biggest issue I have had. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When it comes to sourcing tools they are typically have short lives of effectiveness. I have not found that to be true with Seekout. They continue to improve on the product and maintain a high level of accuracy of data. All that with a GREAT customer success team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Original reason to evaluate the tool was to get contact information but during the evaluation the diversity and blind searching functionality sold the tool.

My team of 8 all used it regularly and rated it the top tool desired each year when reviewing tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Specialist, Talent Acquisition
What do you like best?

The algorithm is great! It shows a completely new set of candidate than on Linked In. I love all the custom filters to search by. It's so refreshing to see new talent vs. looking at the same profiles over and over again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish when I clicked on a profile it would take me to Linked In Recruiter directly vs. public profile. I understand why it cannot- however would be the only thing I'd change! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love having a second place to source and build a pipeline. The reporting is much more simple to use and it's great to be able to gather email address and contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

SeekOut provides a more robust and comprehensive way to identify talent across multiple public profiles including GitHub. The advanced filter capabilities reduce the need for complex Boolean searches. The ability to specifically target women and other underrepresented groups is a must-have for today's sourcing needs. An additional critical feature is the ability to identify and receive email addresses and phone numbers associated with profiles which eliminate the need to send LI inMails or invest in additional email identification tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little getting used to when searching for candidates in non-USA locations. You need to first select the continent in one field and then the specific country in another field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to search GitHub profiles and target women and underrepresented groups in my sourcing. Additionally, SeekOut has a multiple-stage drip campaign feature enabling you to automate initial candidate outreach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

excellent ability to get both contact information (email and phone) for selected profiles, then to also add to campaign to contact larger groups in form letters or of course just with a personal/custom email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

unfortunately, some (which is more than I would like, especially with a smaller qualified search group of profiles) email is not valid (i.e. gets bounced back) which is not helpful, but this may be no fault of seekout and simple nature of how these emails are acquired - still overall the value of the tool for the $ investment is highly valuable, even if some emails for some search results are not valid Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

seekout is a fantastic value for smaller companies with limited recruiting budgets such as ours, with strong return on investment over the next best alternative (i.e. LinkedIn Recruiter) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Sourcer
What do you like best?

Power Filters, Expert search, Cloning feature and ability to grab contact info. In addition to a WEALTH of options to find candidates on various platforms. SeekOut is a one stop sourcing shop! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of integration with email but that's not to fault of company, it's blocked from IT :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having a diverse pool of candidates, that's a top focus always! The People Insights feature has been a game changer as well as the ability to search social networks. Gives us the opportunity to continue to go beyond the box in our hunt for TOP talent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruiter
What do you like best?

I love all of the filters that can be used to really narrow your search. And the ability to see profiles that I could not find anywhere else! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of options in the platform, and that can be daunting if you're not really familiar with the platform. The trainers are awesome though and super helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dont think twice! Just do it - you wont regret it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am uncovering many more diverse candidates than I have ever been able to in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like Seekout for it's effective search that results maintaining the quality of people with respect to the targeted skills. I like some of the features like: People insights, Power filters that allow you to customize your searches and allow you to build your sourcing strategy based on the inputs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Even though i save my searches , when you log back in and go to your history, i find so many links of my searches, the recent one being highlighted would help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Seekout is a great recruiting tool that results in effective search maintaining the quality of people with respect to the targeted skills. I like some of the features like: People insights, Power filters that allow me to customize my searches and allows me to build sourcing strategy based on the inputs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to map the talent well, get market intel, share these data with the hiring teams and build my strategy around it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Insights Consultant
What do you like best?

SeekOut is very easy to use. It also summarizes the data which can be easily used to create insights report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

whenever you change the region of your search, the search strings gets reset. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you're not sure, ask for a product demonstration so that you'll see the amazing functions of SeekOut. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using SeekOut to have another look on the talent supply on each region, country, or position. it aggregates data from different sources, which can give you a rough estimate of the landscape.

SeekOut also provides the data which can be easily exported to an excel report. This saves time in terms of checking the data one by one and typing it on an excel data sheet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UV
What do you like best?

* Clean UX for candidate profiles and provide all the information you would want to see on a peoples' backgrounds (Github/Publications)

* Easy to onboard and learn

* Customer service was helpful and open to feedback

* Thoughtful search functions

* Valuable for very complex niche searches

* Great functions for searching Github Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* Stale Data, this is a big one; I can't imagine being able to move entirely away from LinkedIn

* The AI doesn't work, and the quality of matches is subpar Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This helps solve complex niche roles, making it easier to find people with specific skills faster. Additionally, it unlocked new ways to find diverse talent, which generally could get overlooked on LinkedIn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Functionality and the variety of search options; different platforms, boolean, power filters, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Robot AI search. It's nothing against SeekOut specifically, I just feel that they aren't accurate on any platform unless you are searching for generic roles. I'm also a bit of a stickler for personally reviewing profiles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it and you won't be sorry! When heading up TA functions internally, I was trying to repurpose our LinkedIn budget for SeekOut. There's a lot on the platform that you tend to start using one part (mainly sourcing) then end up using the other bits like contact info and email automation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lower spend with a very high return. Broad visibility of candidate pools. Diversity hiring. Talent analytics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sourcer
What do you like best?

The ease of sourcing and being able to see the candidate's LinkedIn profile and personal contact information all in one location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We haven't been using the platform long enough to say we dislike anything yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to find multiple touch points that we can have with the candidates. We are able to email, text, call, export to our database, view their background or click a link that takes us directly to the candidates LinkedIn profile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

P
What do you like best?

Seekout works great as a dual system with LinkedIn Recruiter/Premium. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you don't have a LinkedIN premium account, you are unable to retrieve the candidate's contact information without using your SeekOut tokens. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend taking advantage of the training sessions and classes offered to assist in using this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I do not have the ability to directly search based on security clearance level, I have yet to solve my hiring need problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talent
What do you like best?

The Github coder scores and skill tagging functions are tremendous. The ability to also filter for diversity talent is a significant differentiation against other recruiting platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes positions aren't fully up to date, but that tends to be rare. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to build pipeline quickly, SeekOut is a great way to do it - the Github coder scores are a wonderful way to really zoom in on how active someone is from a hands-on coding perspective, as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Steroids for Sourcing! Have built strong candidate pipelines in far less time than it takes to cold-source on LinkedIn, and seems to generate higher level technical talent on aggregate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.