Seeking Alpha Reviews & Product Details

Product Manager
What do you like best?

For me, Seeking Alpha is a platform to review, evaluate and contribute investment ideas to a community of stock market investors. I like that Seeking Alpha categorizes the different opportunities (i.e. what's trending, IPOs, ideas), has an active community of folks willing to discuss the pros/cons of each idea and that there are easy ways to contribute your own perspective (and therefore being part of the broader community). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the platform doesn't meet me where I am at in the investment journey. When I am considering different investment ideas, it helps to understand the broad context (industry dynamics, competitive factors, etc.), hear high quality debates and then have a clear way to take action. Right now, I find myself clicking around through the site to find ideas. From there, I am not sure if I can trust the folks that are contributing the ideas and even discussing from there. While the openness of the platform is definitely a big pro - the trust factor is still a question mark for me which leads me to hesitate before pulling the trigger on a given investment idea. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem is that I don't have time to actively bring investment ideas to the table & quickly evaluate them. Despite any cons, Seeking Alpha does bring ideas to the table and gives me enough information to chew on so that I can make a decision. I have made 5+ investments over the past year through the ideas I found on the platform - I do not believe I would've been led on to these ideas without the product.

The other problem is that it's hard to determine the financial sentiment of a company among retail investors. This is especially useful when we're doing competitive analyses for new products our company is evaluating. Helps us understand what we might be getting into and what types of questions come up among investors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Seeking Alpha Overview

What is Seeking Alpha?

Seeking Alpha is an industry leader in mining the wisdom of the crowds for insights on every topic of interest to investors. It provides analysis, news, and data to stock market investors, via our website and mobile apps. Seeking Alpha is a fun, dynamic, family-like environment, full of intelligent, innovative, and entrepreneurial-minded individuals.

Seeking Alpha Details

Seeking Alpha
2004
New York, NY
@SeekingAlpha

Answer a few questions to help the Seeking Alpha community
Have you used Seeking Alpha before?

Seeking Alpha Reviews

Showing 18 Seeking Alpha reviews
Already have Seeking Alpha?
Owner
What do you like best?

There was nothing helpful with Seeking Alpha Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Signed up for the trial and cancelled within a week. Still got charged $250. Called back to ask what was going on. Was told i never cancelled. Argued for 30 minutes and it was like talking to a rock. never listened to a word I said. Then I called my credit card company to dispute the charge and they take it off. Then a few weeks later I find SA has charged me again. This is a racket. First i find their stock service crappy and then try to get out and they keep charging your card. my advice is to run from this company as far as you can. The phone operaters are dishonest and they are a ripoff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stay as far away as possible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Can't get them to refund my money for a service i cancelled within 10 days of signing up. They offered a free trial period of 30 days with refund but once they got my money I cancelled 10 days later and they refuse to refund my money. Seriously fraudulent business. I mean come on, do they figure in the introductory theft on their bottom line? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

With a wide range of topics, there is almost nothing in the investment world that isn't discussed by the contributing analysts. Each offers their own perspective on the condition and direction of the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Having signed up for Seeking Alpha, you will be bombarded by a continuous stream of offers to subscribe to every flavor of investing newsletter under the sun and there seems to be no way to restrict the onslaught of daily emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If all you want is access to a ton of information and insights from people in the investments world, then Seeking Alpha is a great product. Be prepared to spend a lot of time sifting through articles to get what you want. If you are looking for direction and don't want to have to spend hours a day on research, then there are many better ways to go about getting it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For every opinion offered on Seeking Alpha, there are two other contradicting opinions as well. Since there is no single direction being offered, a subscriber must spend a lot of time reading through a lot of material to gain a broad perspective. From there, the reader needs to make their own decisions on how they want to proceed. For me, the greatest benefit is the diversity of opinion and varied insights. It has given me some ideas to pursue and some potential investments to investigate further. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accounts Payable Coordinator
What do you like best?

I like that they are able to update me on a daily basis on what is going on in the world with the companies I own. It is helpful for me to get email notifications when something happens with a stock that I am looking to purchase and if anything substantial happens with that company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I do not like about Seeking Alpha is that fact that some of the information may be relevant to the company but it is not very effective for example it may be in the business sector, but it does not really affect that company. If there was a way to filter news that impacts the companies I own it would be a much better system to use for analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems I am solving with Seeking Alpha are information on the company and confirming it with other sources to feel more comfortable with my investment that I am considering making in the future. It may give me some insight as to what is happening in the company that may deter me from actually submitting my capital to that company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Seeking Alpha offers unparalleled analysis of micro and marco market trends. I personally find the comments written by other users to be of the most value. Other users leave intelligent and well-informed opinions that help guide my thought processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside of using Seeking Alpha is ability of some highly active users to troll authors who offer opinions that meet their disapproval. I enjoy seeing divergent opinions, but moderators could do more to keep the playing field fair. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend remembering that Seeking Alpha analysis is subjective. You must make your own decisions, but collecting divergent opinions from Seeking Alpha can be very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Seeking Alpha to inform my investment decisions for both short and long term decisions, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Economist
UF
What do you like best?

the ease at which you can navigate this site. very easy to understand and tremendous information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

limited free information, with premium, you get real time news, trading info, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

great access (with premium) to live features...news, trading ideas, etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

Investment Research is made available to individual investors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Research does not fit my investing strategies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Access to a different view of investment research Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer service
What do you like best?

It is a great platform that helps you in giving your ideas for multiple occupations which others can use for themselves for the promotion. Thus is a great innovative and creative tool where you can share your genius ideas around the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I like this tool a lot. Sometimes the notifications get a bit annoying but still this is a great software for use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is crazy in usage but its so fun at the same time. Gives you amazing and superb ideas fro your investment. the features are amazing so does the installment. Very useful for entrepreneurs. I recommend it to everyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This tool id very assisting specially in the investment ideas. It tells you about the latest requirements and today's latest analysis and reports about profits and loses which gives you an insight. Thus you can use it and apply it in you work and business as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Author
What do you like best?

Writers on Seeking Alpha provide a wide range of perspectives and interpretations of the investment world. Almost no matter how niche your interest is, you’ll find timely, relevant information here. The app also does a good job of allowing the user to set up alerts on key stocks and indicators. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the writers on Seeking Alpha are really just there to publish teaser stories. They intend to attract people to their paid websites elsewhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go thru the process of setting up desired alerts. Also, use the feature that allows multiple portfolios, it helps! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The tool provides excellent access to smart points of view on investment ideas. I use it to gather perspectives on investment options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Seeking Alpha is a concentrated and reliable source for in-depth news on stocks and current marketplace occurrences. Their analysis goes beyond sensationalist reporting and is rigorous in nature, but there is still the option for the user to receive their news in digestible portions, such as the Wall Street Breakfast podcast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI / UX of Seeking Alpha can be a little difficult to navigate at times - the site contains a lot of information, but finding the information that pertains to what you're interested in can take some time. Additionally, the layout appears a bit awkward on desktop, with a lot of white space and disjointed formatting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Seeking Alpha has helped immensely with introducing students to the world of financial investing, particularly with emphasizing researching stocks and reading analysis. Although it can be a difficult concept to grasp at first, having all the relevant news and trends available in one platform helps students become more comfortable with linking what is happening in the world as a whole to the movements in the markets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Seeking Alpha has been my go-to site for stock market information for close to 10 years now. I'm able to keep track of stocks I'm watching and get real time alerts based on my chosen criteria. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The data feeds are not real time for most instruments. This is common for most sites like this, but wish that would change. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Seeking Alpha I'm able to keep track of my many stocks and ETFs that I follow in one a convenient dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The coverage and the multi-perspective view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can find number of unfiltered reports and ideas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it as an additional source of research, it is useful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I want to get more information and know other managers ideas I read the reports there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to set up key stocks and follow aanalysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Could use better sub industry and industry overviews. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it to keep a pulse of public companies relevant to my day to day. Very good quick insight on financial performance of followed companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I like the diverse opinions on the site about a variety of stocks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I find it hard to widdle down the interesting articles from the one sided ones Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We use the product to get a perspective on investments. I find it helpful to see what others think, especially when they disagree with me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I find it a good source to hear a variety of opinions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IF
What do you like best?

Seeking Alpha makes trading stocks easy. I’ve worked in investment banking my entire career, and yet seeking alpha is the best tool for personal research outside and inside the workplace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The premium content always seems to interest me but not consistently enough to pay for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Seeking alpha has allowed me to create strong analysis in determining my portfolio makeup Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I absolutely love the podcast transcripts and the financial data was digestible. I also really appreciated their market insights. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly i didn’t love the user interface. Wasn’t the most well designed site or easy to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was looking for quick financial data and occasional market insights for business development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Seeking Alpha is easy to use and provides expert information on a variety of information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometime the articles can be too technical. It would be helpful if there was content geared to people with less knowledge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Seeking Alpha. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Seeking Alpha helps me fill gaps of knowledge and learn exponentially. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

It provides a lot of insightful articles Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to search specific articles Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Investment and planning decisions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.