Scripted.com Reviews & Product Details

OW
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have submitted articles for clients through the scripted platform. These have expanded my portfolio and allowed me to branch out into some topics that I haven't had the opportunity to cover before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use. Payments are prompt. The latest additions of direct messaging with clients, the ability to establish relationships with clients, and the marketplace for pitching ideas have been wonderful and made the writing process more enjoyable. It's a great addition to a freelance business, especially if you are just getting into it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pay is competitive, but not as high as I receive from some other work. However, the platform now lets you enter your own pay rates, so rates are getting even more competitive.

You don't always know where your articles end up unless the client shares them with you. So it's not guaranteed that you'll be able to use articles you submit as samples for your portfolio. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Pitches are your best chance to get assignments. Jobs that come up as available get taken up fast, and if you don't have a long history with a lot of reviews, you won't get first dibs on the jobs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scripted.com Overview

What is Scripted.com?

Scripted's easy to use platform strives to connect businesses to industry expert freelance writers. Through this members only marketplace, businesses can easily find the perfect writer for their written content needs.

Scripted.com Details

Founded in 2011, Scripted is the leading provider of original written content.

Scripted, Inc.
2011
Las Vegas, NV
@getscripted
Answer a few questions to help the Scripted.com community
Have you used Scripted.com before?

Scripted.com Reviews

Showing 25 Scripted.com reviews
Location
Already have Scripted.com?
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have only used Scripted as a writer provided services for their clients. Many of my clients are repeat customers or those who have been referred to me by Scripted staff. This allows me to have ongoing relationships with great clients to who I'm pleased to provide quality services to meet their business and marketing needs. My goal for joining Scripted as a writer was to build up my online credibility and published writing samples as well as to supplement my small business income for when things were going slower than anticipated. At times, Scripted is my only source of income, and it allows me the flexibility to work around my schedule while working remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love Scripted as a writer because I can pick and choose the projects to write as well as set my own rate. If you're a reliable, favored and quality writer, then Scripted staff will often invite you to bid on specific projects and/or directly assign you to projects. It's important to have a detailed profile so that they know your areas of expertise and interest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really haven't had any complaints about Scripted. Their process is more than fair - writers can set their own prices and bid on projects of their choosing. Sometimes, the editing process takes a long time, which requires you to check the website frequently (I haven't been able to figure out how to get notified when something needs to be revised - this is something I just haven't taken the time to contact support about). Other than that, initially, I didn't like the fact that you had to wait several weeks to receive payment on completed projects; however, they have just come up with a reward system so that writers who maintain the top tier can receive payment immediately without waiting. I really like the new feature that they implemented. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Anyone from beginners to experts can benefit from using Scripted as long as they're writing is top-notch. It's a great way to connect with a wide range of clients in many industries without having to pay astronomical fees or subscriptions. There never seems to be a lack of quality and good-paying projects to bid on as seen on many freelance platforms. I haven't experienced the client-side of Scripted, but I can tell you that many that I have worked with keep coming back for more on a regular basis. Not everyone is accepted to write for Scripted, so clients can be confident that their jobs will be handled by the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scripted has helped me to connect me with clients in an easier and cheaper way than if I went out and tried to find clients on my own. The web platform is set up so that I can easily search through projects and decide on ones that I'd like to pitch. The pitching process is simple, straightforward and relatively easy with the flexibility to approach projects the way a writer likes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations/Account Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Looking into their platform to see if it would suit my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The concept is good and it looked like a good service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They take your credit card for a free trial, first of all, which I think is shady to begin with. When the trial was about to expire, I DID receive an email saying the trial was expiring but I must have missed it. The company then proceeded to bill my credit card $200/month for 7 months without a single invoice or payment receipt being sent to me. When I asked for a refund, they could clearly see that I have never used the platform and refused to give me ANY refund at all. Not happy and I feel like this is a horrible way to do business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I wouldn't recommend them because they don't like treating people fairly and are clearly out for their own gain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Scripted is a great platform that allows freelance writers to generate income from their wordsmithery skills. Clients are made up of many tech and digital marketing providers, along with a diverse range of other opportunities. Their process is fair and based on putting in the work to win the clients. When you do, you'll build a solid reputation and earn well. Their rates are the best around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing about Scripted.com is that you can set your own rates, and work remotely to deliver writing to the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Scripted.com has a platform that can sometimes make things feel a bit slow. You will need to spend time looking into each opportunity and forming your pitch to match their needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Use it to support your income. Or, if you put the work in and win plenty of clients, it could become a main source of income. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scripted.com allows writers to make a good additional income while working with some impressive clients. Good relationships can be built, and your hard work will be rewarded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

As a freelancer, I love working with Scripted. I get paid on time, the pay is excellent, and the work is fun. For those who stated the pay was low, perhaps they were new because veterans make a very competitive rate. Scripted is my full-time employment and I couldn't be happier with their interaction, clients, and pay scale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The pay, the clients, and the ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Everything works exactly how I like it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits are that I make good pay and can work at my own pace and hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I needed an article written about content marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I do like that you get access to several proposals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the entire process, their UI, their customer service, their writing quality. Here's what happened. It was my first time ordering an article from them. I received several proposals. I chose the one that sounded the best. The best part of the whole thing was the proposal itself. The article, when it came through, was poorly written, poorly formatted, not at all researched. It was going to cost about $300 for a fluff piece. So I was going to reject the article. I got an email saying I could reject it up to a certain date. Great. On that date, I went to reject it and it had processed my payment and automatically accepted the article. Turns out that there was somewhere that said I had to accept it by 9AM. And it was now 1pm. So I emailed them and said hey this was my first time using this, i was going to reject the article, but didnt realize I had to do it by a certain time, could I please reject it, return it and get a refund. After many (5+) emails back and forth, the representative was short, and it was a no go. I ended up rejecting the article (ie, NOT GETTING OR USING THE ARTICLE AT ALL) and being charged 300 bucks. I will never try them again or recommend them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

My advice is stay as far away as possible. Their business practices are shady and desperate. If they had refunded me I would have tried them again and possibly spent 10s of 1000s with them. Instead, they kept my $300 and I'll never be back or recommend. And I'm pretty well connected in the content marketing space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem I was trying to solve was to outsource content. I would have used this service extensively had I had a better first experience with them because the problem they solve is actually one that I had and still have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Needed some basic copy and technical writing done Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nothing, it was extremely disappointing and I feel like I was a victim of a scam Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

DO NOT DO THE TRIAL - they will automatically charge you and will not refund even on zero activity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Stay away, scam and not quality service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None stay away Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Copywriter and Editor
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have been writing for Scripted since 2014, and I have never had a bad experience. The beauty of this platform is that I can focus on writing - my primary (and really only) interest. I don't have to market, mess with setting rates and chasing payments, and the technology is there and ready to go. The Scripted Account Managers do a great job attracting and retaining high-quality clients, and the support staff is second-to-none. I can count on fast resolutions to any issues that come up. All in all, a perfect 10. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

No need to deal with the money side - payments magically appear in my account on-time, every time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any complaints. The expectations are clear and fair - on-time, high-quality work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Pay attention to feedback and areas of expertise for the writers you select for your project. The only clients I have ever heard complaints from started with writers who lacked experience in their industry, so the job wasn't initially completed to their satisfaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love to write, and I enjoy having a flexible second job. Scripted makes that simple - when and how much work I do is up to me, and the Scripted folks handle all of the logistics of running a business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GF
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We used Scripted for over 4 years to curate posts for our small business blog Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked the blog idea section which they removed this year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The entirely new operating platform they sprung on us 3 months after we signed an annual contract. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used Scripted for years and was always happy with their service, then they pushed us to sign up for an annual contract, saying it would save us money and we'd get free blogs (which wasn't true, it's a credit that barely covers the cost of one blog) and then three months later they changed their entire platform, turning what took 15 minutes in the past into a 1-2 week process. While maybe for some other companies the new process is better, for our purposes (mostly the removal of the blog ideas section) it was a complete nightmare. We tried it for another few months, but not only did the cost of each blog increase significantly, the quality also diminished greatly. Now they won't refund us for the rest of our annual contract for a service we're never going to use. We feel we were completely duped by Scripted. We would've never signed up for an annual contract had they told us they were going to change their entire platform three months after, and I'm sure they planned it that way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Securities Fraud Analyst and Business Intelligence Analyst
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Since 2013 I've utilized the Scripted platform to fulfill a wide variety writing projects, including hundreds of long-form blog posts on the topics of data science, business intelligence, SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, machine learning, Tableau Server, Periscope Data, Mobile App development, SDKs, a wide variety of coding languages, cryptocurrency, blockchain technology, complex legal topics, environmental science, public relations, marketing, the list goes on.

More recently the pieces have been heavy in the tech, data science, business intelligence, SQL and developer space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very clean, high-quality content and highly experienced writers who know the ins and outs of tech, data science, coding and law. I've been impressed to find writers who skillfully produce content on specialized topics in the tech, data science and app development fields.

The client reps are kind, ready to help and communicative to ensure the writing guidelines are clear and precise. I'm impressed with the variety of experts they have in their pool of writers -- and their flexibility to produce high-quality content with a much faster turnaround than other services I've used.

Before finding Scripted I've worked with a lot of other content platforms, but none of them delivered Scripted's level of organization and quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Any time edits or rewrites were needed the Scripted staff were quick to respond and get the feedback required to get the content up to speed. Very satisfied. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Tell the writers if you want any special requests. These guys are pros, and they'll surprise you what they can do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I run into a lot of content bottlenecks. A lot of content needs to get written *fast*. When deadlines pile up, I find myself spending a lot of time on Scripted. The platform allows me to get all the content written and done the way I want it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Writer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I'm a freelance writer on Scripted, and they helped me grow my career as a writer while working on some pretty cool projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

While the money is a great benefit of Scripted, the wide range of projects and the ability to grow is what I like best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Everything is great so far. It's helping me grow my career. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm helping customers grow their business and spread awareness about their services and offerings. That's pretty cool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Professional Writer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I've been working with Scripted.com's writing platform for over seven years. Throughout that time, I've found a wide variety of interesting jobs, as well as clients eager to present new work opportunities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the new platform and how easy it is to manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found a way to respond to comments clients make to writers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Each time I have an issue I need to resolve, the writer support is excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We signed up with Scripted.com in April to try to expand our content production capabilities and outsource part of it. It was a terrible experience, we had to rewrite every collateral from scratch (one draft looked like it was written by a bot). We requested cancellation, but they didn't comply. We realized 3 months later that they were still charging our card and refused to refund us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nothing, we regretted signing up for this service. We cancelled after 2 months but they charged us for five (they kept our subscription alive even after cancellation). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Really poor content: on the first piece that we requested, we sent a few paragraph with what we would like the writer to cover. His first draft was literally our overview with a few generic words added.

- Charged us after cancellation: we requested cancellation in July. After submitting the request, they offer us 2 free month to see if we would return. At the end of the two months, they restarted charging the credit card without notice or confirmation. We realized it 3 months later.

- Poor customer service: their support person (John) refused to refund us, even though he could see that we submitted request of cancellation and that we never used it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Avoid if you don't want to end up with poor quality content and be charged even after you submit the cancellation request. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Programmer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Este programa es bastante sencillo de usar. El pago se efectúa de una manera rápida. Las últimas mejoras han sido bastante buenas, entre ellas el poder enviar mensajes a cualquier usuario, así como las relaciones con clientes. Todo esto ha hecho que el proceso de escritura sea más llevadero y agradable. Sin duda es un magnífico software para poder empezar en este mundo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Creemos que lo mejor es la facilidad de encontrar escritores y contactar con ellos. Realmente la interfaz es muy fácil de usar y cualquiera que sepa un poco de ordenadores puede hacerse con ella en muy poco tiempo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

El servicio al cliente es bastante malo. Les hemos escrito varios correos y no han sido capaces de responder a ninguno a tiempo, tardan bastante. Por otra parte hemos intentado contactar con ellos mediante teléfono pero nunca nos lo han cogido. Creemos que para el precio excesivo que vale este programa deberían de tener un soporte acorde. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

En el mercado hay muchos servicios de creación de contenido, pero después de usar scripted.com sin duda lo recomiendo a cualquiera que esté en este negocio. El precio y la calidad ofrecida están a la par, por lo tanto animo a todo el mundo a utilizarlo al menos una vez y ver como funciona. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I started using scripted for select clients and found it incredibly intuitive, easy to use, and well-designed. The occasional updates are always well-thought out and never interfere with the usage for long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. It is by far the most user-friendly content management software system that I have ever used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although the updates aren't bad compared to some other systems I've used, they do happen rather frequently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GA
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

When hiring freelancers to write blog posts or email chains or even design advertising media, scripted.com was able to find the best people for the job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to find exactly the kind of freelancer you are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I had one complaint, it would simply be that it takes a while to get used to the formatting of the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I love Scripted, it is an incredible resource that enables us to outsource copywriters and freelance writers for our content marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The quick turnaround and the accessibility and ease of providing feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price by format can be a little steep but for small companies or one time use, I think it is exceptionally accessible to small organizations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GF
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

RUN AWAY! Needed content for a web page. Zero interaction Horrible onboarding, not clear about the way it works. Refused work and membership and still got charged Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nothing. The process, the service, the delivery, the customer service. The whole thing is a disaster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything, from start to refund request. They just send you whatever they want over a 2 week period Everything is a disaster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OW
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I am always looking for new ways to market myself as a copy editor and this is one of the sites I found. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very clean site that's easy to use and quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more positions offered for my area of expertise Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Make sure this isn't the only company you are using to source jobs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GE
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Marketing for new clients for online school Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the available resources and staff Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a little unpersonal with someone you don’t personally know. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Charitable Catalyst, Marketing
Non-Profit Organization Management
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Signed up for the free trial and article. They accidentally charged me for the article (finally refunded that) and then even when I called and asked to have membership canceled they did not process the cancelation and have refused to refund the membership fee they charged me in error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nothing, I dislike the customer service and the membership model. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The customer service has been horrible. They never answer the phone and the email support is slow and rude. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

This company if not a scam is poorly run. I cannot express how disappointed I have been with their service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Strategic Advisor
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Scripted is a great resource to curate content in an easy-to-use system. The quality of writing has been great and the admin dashboard is informative and extremely easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

There is an annual fee in addition to the cost per content piece requested. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

There are plenty of content creation services out there, but I've had a good experience with scripted.com so far factoring int he cost and quality of content delivered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I signed up under them as a freelance writer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Having good options of companies and businesses to work with Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Payment isn’t very fair for the expertise and experience asked for Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

It’s good to get quick and cheap work for small businesses; not the best option for freelancers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Digital Strategist
What do you like best?

Content makes the world go around, and while there are many mills, Scripted.com does offer higher quality posts. It's easy to use and you can definitely find talented writers who can provide the content needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With quality comes price, and Scripted.com is a little more expensive than other products out there. They also recently updated their website and some of their FAQ pages are now broken or don't redirect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We create so much content at our agency, and Scripted.com allows us to keep the flow of content coming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Subject matter experts at low cost - ease of use, responsive administator and dashboard readiness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sloppy work, not enough lead time, not enough follow-up to make a compelling project close. Scripted is expensive, too but they don't pay their writers what they charge clients. They pocket a large percentage as I filled out an application to apply to be a freelance writer. It's about $25 a post. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Consider hiring subject matter experts - actual writers with experience working with industries and products/services aimed at your target audience. A content service / farm is best for general posts, but not nearly as in-depth for decisions consumers need to make or moving consumers down the funnel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Need for SMEs to create quality content.Some verticals were missing real subject matter experts - not just peronsonal finance, but financial advisors were needed to write engaingly on topics that neophytes cannot dispense knowlege. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Marketing
Internet
What do you like best?

Very easy to use interface, great customer service, and the actual end product is quite nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can take a bit of time to find a few writers that really hit the spot, but that is to be expected. Hard to knock them or their tech for that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Try it and see if it's a good fit, at their prices it's worth it, and no commitment is required Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need quality written content on a continual basis in order to drive inbound leads, assist with SEO, and to develop a presence as a thought leader in our category Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.