Scribd Reviews & Product Details

Graphic & Event Designer
What do you like best?

I first discovered Scribd when looking for a tool to embed my own pdf files on public platforms. Now I love the near limitless access it gives me to unique content and digital publications.

I have been able to find exclusive documents and printables that I wouldn't have stumbled upon or been able to access elsewhere. I like that Scribd promotes community of sharing and networking by providing free document access when you upload your own documents.

Scribd Premium membership offers one of the most competitive e-reading experiences I've been able to find with unlimited access to ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines for less than $10 a month. This is cheaper than Audible's membership that includes only 1 free book and comparable to KindleUnlimited except with more publishing house titles versus indie or self-published ones. I find myself using Scribd to read on topics in all aspects of my life from business development and growth to educating my children.

They also offer a very generous referral program where you can earn free months of membership which means even greater savings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find Scribd to excel at the service they offer.

While I love the fact they have so many books that I can't access with my Kindle Unlimited subscription, I don't think they've attracted the indie/self-publishing market as well as Amazon so avid readers like me would probably want both memberships to be able to access all the titles we want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a wonderful tool to share documents or files in a public platform, find unique papers, articles, or printables or simply access affordable digital publications (books, magazines, audiobooks) from the publishers, then Scribd is the right choice for you. It has something to offer for the individual consumer and business person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I originally began using Scribd to upload and embed pdf files before services like Google Drive were developed. Now Scribd has progressed with the times to help me address my audiobook fix without breaking the bank. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scribd Overview

What is Scribd?

Scribd is a digital library platform. Users can publish, read, or discover books and documents. Scribd can be accessed via mobile or web.

Scribd Details
Discussions
Scribd Community

Scribd
2007
San Francisco, CA
@scribd
Answer a few questions to help the Scribd community
Have you used Scribd before?

Scribd Reviews

Showing 16 Scribd reviews
Already have Scribd?
Faculty
What do you like best?

Scribd is very easy to use and that's the most important thing for me. you can get everything from books, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts, research papers, and all under one dashboard which makes it very user friendly. I started using Scribd all by accident actually, when collage, I needed to complete a research paper and found the site searching for it. later it seemed interesting and decided to go for the trial and never looked back since, it's now my go-to website for any books or audiobooks. the Scribd subscription also gave me access to other amazing services like peak, curiosity stream, and Pandora for free which is awesome. the service is also fairly priced so everyone can use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the android app that much but for the fact, I'm not a fan of reading books on mobile phones, maybe that's that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Scribd is really amazing, since I started using it back in college, I'm a huge fan of the service and recommend it to anyone who is interested in reading. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scribd is an online service that provides books, magazines, audiobooks, and all at an affordable price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Scribd
Analista de proyectos
What do you like best?

1.- You can access from your pc and your mobile without any problem.

2.- The app for reading electronic books works well.

3.- You can find books, texts and audiobooks in different languages.

4.- The website works well and is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1.- Expensive for so many repeated and incomplete documents. Even for his collection of books and audiobooks it seems expensive compared to other platforms with more variety (example amazon).

2.- You cannot access or read books on any platform other than scribd, which is problematic for me since I use kindle for my electronic books.

3.- It has no integration with ereaders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In my time as a student and even now it has allowed me to get out of trouble by finding some documents or specific information that I need quickly, but the bad thing is that usually many of the documents have several copies and even many are incomplete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Scribd is a great way to read things without having to pay per book read or wait to receive a book from a library or book exchange. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I can’t find something I’m looking for on scribd but overall the selection is very strong. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scribd helps you receive books very easily. It can be tough to locate what you need normally so to have Scribd available saves you both time and money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Almost all the books that I need can be found on scribd Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Scibd should be able to compare the number of pages of files that we upload with the number of pages that we will read when we are free users. because after we upload the file, the preview page that can be read is limited, and asks us to upload the file again for the next preview, even though the file pages that we have uploaded are more than the total pages that will be read. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Many books or documents that are very difficult to find in libraries or even in big book stores, can easily be found in Scribd Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gerente de oficina
What do you like best?

It is a great tool in which I can have my documents written in PDF or web pages that I consider important, I can adapt it to several formats and open in several operating systems, it is really interesting because it is like a virtual library where you can save all the readings of my interest and share them with whoever you want at the time you want in a very easy way Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You need legal permits to make certain publications and you will always run the risk of losing everything if the company decides to close so I recommend always having a backup of everything you keep there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For its effectiveness and the time that I now at certain times recommend its use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having all the reading of your interest at hand and in one place is a great advantage when it comes to reading some important document to make a decision at a certain time, accelerating work without creating setbacks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Associate
Retail
What do you like best?

The wide variety of books and the ease of searching the website are the best features of this website. I almost feel like I am getting lost in a library or book store when I am searching the Scribd website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about the site. Everything is pretty wonderful. I hope Scribd does not have plans to change. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

100% would choose this website every time to meet my and my business needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scribd has made it easier to find books and manuals that relate to the day to day life of working in different business. Some benefits that Scribd has brought to my business is just the various reading material to help expand the knowledge of my coworkers and I. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

It is easy to use, you can have more audiobooks per month then, for example, Audible and a decent amount of books per month with a sizeable database of good books with nice recommendations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it does not have some of the books I was looking for and for example, B&N or Amazon have. They still have a good bunch of books but not all audiobooks, for example, Audible offers, sometimes also the quality is worse and choppy and not that enjoyable to listen to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want an inexpensive service that offers both books and audiobooks, Scrib is definitely something you should look into. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Personal development and education in topics related to the business and clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Services Manager
What do you like best?

It is a great app for listening to audio books and digital news papers. I like the efficiency of the app and the amount of resources available in it. There is a lot of material to use in Scribd for personal and professional purposes. I like how convenient the app is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it is only audio books and news papers. I don't like having many apps and would rather merge music, audio books, podcasts and news paper at one platt form. Also, sometimes the app is confusing when searching for a new material. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is great if you know that the material you are looking to use is all on the app. If not, it might be a headache to find your material.I would reccomend looking at the material online and see if the material you are looking for is on the plattform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to conveniently educate myself with the material in improving my work and myself personally. I like being able to listen to work related audio books while driving to meet clients and business meetings. The news papers are also a great resource when researching a matter to solve business problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I appreciate that Scribd has a wide variety of book and magazine titles, which have been very useful to share with the teenage Fellows I work with when we assign readings. The Fellows have commented that the platform is really easy to use on their computers and phones, and so far we have been able to find all of the material we needed directly on Scribd. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing I dislike about the product - everything has worked well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No recommendations - the product is pretty self explanatory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scribd solves the problem of providing books and magazine articles to a large number of students at once, especially on their mobile devices to avoid excessive paper waste by printing. We had also previously come up against the issue of entire books and articles not being accessible online, but this has been aided by using the Scribd service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

easy to just start listening on your computer without having to download the file etc I like the save for later option making it easy to keep track of what you want to read / listen to later. Great selection of whats recommended for you based on what you've borrowed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the genres aren't very easy to search and there are limited categories listed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it, easy listening to encourage staff on their commute to listen and continue their professional development and awareness of the larger industry and technology evolution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping up to date with leadership & management ideas and innovation, developing our mid level team and encouraging and learning and personal development culture. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

International Baccalaureate Teacher, Middle Years Program
What do you like best?

I like how Scribd tailors your book recommendations that are applicable for your interests or work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes find the navigation of the site a bit complicated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend looking into recommendations that Scribd provides and exploring various genres because their database is very broad and they provide support if you need to find a certain book or need to find a book that can answer a specific question, namely for research purposes or even for your own interests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In terms of research, Scribd has helped us broaden our book selection and accessibility of different genres for global research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

This is one of the easier to use reading subscriptions I have used. I like that I was able to try it free for 30 days, and have since used it to access hundreds of ebooks and audio books that I listen to to advance in my knowledge for my career. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Just like with any service, there are some books that I would like to access that have no been available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to use Scribd to further my knowledge of child psychology while still being at work, without having to attend conferences. I look at it as professional development for under $10 a month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I liked how the setup is like an online library and the site is very easy to read from and find a variety of sources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the zooming feature because the toggle doesn't work very well and trying to zoom on a dated source and ending up with a lower quality, pixelated page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding sources without going through much trouble to find an accurate, valid source. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like being able to use Google search and find documents within Scribd that were published. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To obtain a document, you need to upload one of your own. Some people upload documents that are not of value to the public. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to find specific documents that may be specific to a certain topic (i.e. schoolwork, study guides, etc.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations
Primary/Secondary Education
What do you like best?

The Scribd app is incredibly easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No complaints about Scribd at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Absorbing information about all different things - wellness, psychology, and religion and spirituality! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.