Scribble Maps Reviews & Product Details

Scribble Maps Overview

What is Scribble Maps?

Scribble Maps is an easy to use online GIS/Mapping platform that has a very low learning curve to help you make better decisions. Upload spreadsheets, filter data, geocode, route optimize, create annotations, collaborate, measure distances, create interactive maps, visualize and more! Our team portal lets teams collaborate and work together on maps and with a host of exporting options, Scribble Maps can integrate with existing work flows to bring geospatial capability to your entire organization.

Scribble Maps Details

Used by students, hobbyists, governments, and even the military. Easily create embeds, images, and map data for free.

We strive to put our customers first. Our mission is to make mapping accessible and we do this by providing great support, listening to customer feedback, and providing all of this at an affordable cost. Our product is the result of over 10 years of improving through direct customer feedback. We offer small to medium businesses a tremendous ROI for making spatial decisions. We take pride that our product is used by everyone from children in grade school to GIS PhDs.

Scribble Maps
2009
N/A

Scribble Maps Videos

Scribble Maps Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Scribble Maps community
Have you used Scribble Maps before?

Scribble Maps Reviews

Showing 41 Scribble Maps reviews
Already have Scribble Maps?
Guest Relations Staff - Usher
What do you like best?

Scribble maps is absolutely the best mapping tool out there on the world wide web. It has an easy interface that is easy to learn, and enables you to draw lines on maps, which comes in handy. I use it to create trail maps, driving directions, and hiking routes. Its a superb tool. I would highly recommend investing in the Scribble maps Pro as well as it gives you unlimited maps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I do wish you would have a feature enabling us to chat with other online users of scribble maps, and also maybe a way to message other users, share maps on twitter/facebook easier, etc. etc. and create a scribble maps community online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using scribble maps to create hiking trail routes. And am creating an Across Massachusetts trail network, so I am using scribble maps to highlight the routes etc.. I like the different color options which enable me to put in all the trails and designate sections as off trail on road etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jonathan Wagner of Scribble Maps

Hey thanks for the feedback! Believe it or not Scribble Maps is pretty old and at one point we had all of that. We had an internal chat, we had map rankings etc.. What we found though is that for various reasons they were not used as much as we wanted them to be and so we spent a lot of time on the community features and it was distracting us from just making maps easier. So we decided to instead to facilitate sharing more than an internal community. When you save a map there is a "share URL link" you can use that to share to facebook and twitter and on twitter it is interactive.

However maybe having some quick buttons to share the current map you are working on is not a terrible idea, we will take a look at at that.

Head of SC&L (GM of RAK Group Supply Chain Operations, EHS & Logistics)
What do you like best?

The simplicity of using, the Report , the maps formats of export. the Distance planners and the foldering system. For the past 7 years, tried lots of other options and this is the one that i always come back to .. registering and paying for the pro license worth every penny. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Just need improvement in the export reports and its GUI ... the data is there but need some more "cosmetic" look. happy to help with ideas Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not search more, i already searched for the past 7 years, tried lots of other options and this is the one that i always come back to .. registering and paying for the pro license worth every penny. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I manage a 1 Million sqm facility of Open Space Stockyards. so it is always my go to map planning and tactical work environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jonathan Wagner of Scribble Maps

Thanks so much for the amazing feedback! Exports have always been a pain point for us mostly because we are restrained to a certain degree of what we can do by Google's tech. However, if you have ideas we would love to hear them. We read all customer feedback that comes through the support system. We have so much stuff we have to do regularly that we can't do everything immediately but if it is a good idea, we add it to the pipeline.

What do you like best?

Scribble Maps enables the user create very customised maps of specific locations or regions using different map layers/views such as terrain, traffic or google maps.

The various tools and functions are useful in helping our team to plot GP surgeries in different regions with their patient population boundaries, which is useful in planning for future practice developments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike. I think a help bar which gives a key for what the different tools are used for would be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A very useful resource, and the tutorials are helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The plotting of practice premises on maps helps to us to identify the number of practices within a certain location and the patient populations they serve. This informs future planning development projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Asst. OPD Operations Manager - French Markets (Eastern Ontario & Québec)
What do you like best?

The software offers a very user-friendly interface while maintaining solid core features required from a GIS tool. The import/export capabilities work very well, and they offer the ability to geocode for a reasonable price within the application.

The sharing features are crucial to our use case, and they enable us to share our reports with external users at a click of a button. We also use their embedded feature on other business intelligence platforms that allow us to integrate reporting.

Scribble Maps also offers a high level of customizability to maps we create. Whether you are a minimalist that requires only the basic elements to your mapping reports, to the embellish individuals that have multiple layers, this tool is very versatile and answers many use cases.

I highly recommend this solution to any individual or organization that wants a lean but powerful mapping tool with an easy-to-navigate UI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software would require some additional improvement on certain features.

We have found that the data analysis features come short to meet our organizational requirements. We also believe that there should be further team sharing features at a better pricing structure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend any individual or organization to properly review their use cases for any GIS/Mapping software. Many other solutions on the market offer highly technical features that are not required on a daily basis. The cost of such software can often be wasteful.

The Scribble Maps support team is an amazing resource to answer any questions or concerns you might have. A trial of the product always works better when you utilize real data to consider a product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leveraging this software in recent years has made a huge impact on our organization. We have the ability to utilize our existing data and build dynamic mapping reports to make effective business decisions.

Scribble Maps have also introduced the requirement of having a solid mapping solution to many various teams in our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jonathan Wagner of Scribble Maps

Thanks for the absolutely amazing feedback. We are currently working on developing a viewer seat which will come at a large discount to the regular pro-basic. Also if there is any data analysis features you require, just let us know what you are looking for and we can look to build it into our operations and analysis panel.

What do you like best?

Drawing polygons, which can be exported for further geospatial processing in my legacy system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike in scribble maps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you work with maps for any business use case, scribble maps makes it super easy to visualize, organize in the cloud and let you export data for further processing in you legacy system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Removing manual work when planning a distribution with new zones (polygons). In a traditional way, I would be required to work with a physical map and enter place by place.

Possibility to collaborate with peers, by sharing the map is a big help, since a planning a distribution is usually an iterative task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jonathan Wagner of Scribble Maps

Thanks so much for letting us know how you use us?

UU
What do you like best?

I love the functionality of Scribble Maps to generate a detailed and precise map that can be used for a variety of purposes. Not only is it effective but the tools provided are easy to learn and manipulate to create a map for your personal or general use. Best of all it can be generated into a PDF format for a professional look and further expand the customization using the PDF tools that can be provided. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing I do not like about scribble-maps is locking a segment or line is very hard to backtrack since once it is locked you cannot right click on it to undo the lock. This proves very strenuous especially when working on a big map it becomes hard to find that certain segment within all the overlays. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems I have solved using Scribble maps is backtracking and data purposes. I have been able to accurately draw out a map of a job I have been scouting and can easily backtrack information and location of what I am mapping and can easily be found with just a click of a button. These benefit in fulfilling job requests in a short amount of time minimizing backtracking and easily compiling information into one map. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jonathan Wagner of Scribble Maps

So I just thought I would let you know that thanks to this feedback we rolled out a fix. So now when you select the edit tool there is a new checkbox that says "disable locks" this will temporarily let you disable all locks. So what you can do is turn this on, right click on the overlay and go to "locate overlay" this should save you a ton of time in the future.

What do you like best?

Easy to use- I was able to create an account, upload data and start clicking and creating! This gives us a great visual overview of all our locations. Straightforward process to import numerous locations at one time with a *.csv file. Simple to draw polygons to differentiate distinct regions and create and color my own labels for them. It's also great to include my own user-created map markers. I was able to share the map I selected (I preferred that to sharing everything I was working on) It is an added bonus that I am able to share my work with encryption. I love that the map loads quickly, and I can edit and save countless versions of the same map. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

i would like more consistent flag size when zooming in and out. I have not had much luck with a large printable map that looks exactly the way i would like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I wholeheartedly recommend Scribble Maps. Once you come across it, and give it a shot, there is no need to look for anything else. This has so many more features and perks that I haven't even gotten to experience yet! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main reason i purchased Scribble Maps was to be able to see a great overview of all our locations. I am able to quickly and easily center the map on one location and find those nearby locations. I know where our techs are and which locations they can swing by when needed. An unexpected benefit was to be able to see how close our locations are grouped for each of our maintenance technicians. We found a few locations in which we were better served to swap technicians. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jonathan Wagner of Scribble Maps

Shrink on zoom can be a little tricky because it starts shrink 1 level out from where you turn it on. We have some ideas on how to improve this in the future including allowing you to set the start level for the shrink on zoom.

Director of Security
What do you like best?

The ability to use multiple symbols to coordinate directions/info Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Zoom capabilities are limited. No middle ground between clicks. Big dislike: unable to copy symbols; i.e., circles, and use the copied object several times on the map. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to give cusomers an overview of our complex which can be very difficult to provide verbal directions. The map with directionals helps solve these issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a very intuitive and user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not allow me to use common keyboard shortcuts to make edits to the maps (ie. the delete button does not delete the selected component) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We help organize parking for events with many different building locations and parking locations. Scribbles maps provides us with the ability to identify key information for specific events in relation to major landmarks to better serve our event guests. The tool is easy to use and easy to customize and the best way to make our customers feel good about their event ahead of the day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In a parking department having custom maps provided for different events is a value added service for our customers. We are also using it to make planning and proposals visual and interactive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jonathan Wagner of Scribble Maps

So we started adding some other key combinations. We added ctrl+F which will immediately take you to the search bar. The delete button suggestion makes sense. We are going to take a look at that.

What do you like best?

The user interface is easy - I spent hours trying different map software and all other maps were too difficult to use or did not outline areas correctly. I like that it does not show all the local points of interest or restaurants like google maps - that tends to make maps look cluttered. I also liked that you can directly save the map as a PNG versus having to screenshot the map. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the image quality was a bit higher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to create professional looking and personalized maps for my companies presentations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jonathan Wagner of Scribble Maps

Thanks for the positive feedback! The image quality has been a thorn in our side just because we are restricted by the underlying tech. The good news is that there are improvements coming so hopefully we will be able to up the image quality further.

What do you like best?

working in groups and layers and its hidden option Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Google map can not be used in 3D map like Google Earth, it would really help to navigate it in 3D format. Also, high-resolution printing should be accessible to individuals without charging a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest people who constantly use maps, should use scribble map to build your map data in an organized manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can manage and locate my properties by specific areas giving them reference numbers. it saves a lot of my time, as I have to redo my area maps for every new property query. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jonathan Wagner of Scribble Maps

We hope to add 3D in the future. That said KMLs produced in Scribble Maps can be easily exported out for use in Google Earth!

Associate
What do you like best?

I like the integration with Google Maps. I appreciate the ability to add custom map labels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to use keyboard shortcuts for common commands. I would like to be able to search by cross streets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Scribble Maps seems like a decent replacement for DeLorme Street Atlas Plus, which unfortunately stopped updating in 2015. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a commercial real estate appraiser, and I was searching for a replacement to DeLorme Street Atlas Plus, which stopped being updated in 2015. Scribble Maps seems to fit the bill so far, but the learning curve is steep without keyboard shortcuts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Editor
What do you like best?

Layering function, has allowed me to create very complex mapping systems for archaeology. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface is alittle dated, looks like it was developed around a decade ago Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to zoom into features to a high resolution - you've also removed some map types (e.g. pirate) that i was using without notifying me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Value Stream Manager
What do you like best?

Free Demo from the company before any purchase was made. Tools are simple to use. Range of export and import options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No real down sides. I think auto locating trace lines to rivers, lakes and other objects would be a cool feature if it could be added. At the moment it work very well with roads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating a map of parish for a local project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner
What do you like best?

Easy interface and intuitive controls and flexible output. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some processes (like numbering locations) can be clunky. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Providing "live" location maps to clients (for outdoor media) - updating can be done behind the scenes without having to resend graphic files. Mapping geo-locations - outputting jsons is much easier than putting coordinates in excel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Engineer
What do you like best?

Clarity and speed of the menu and the selection of maps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the printing option and the pdf options are not very good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Contact support if any questions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

quick user friendly and effective maps to share Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Manager Flight Operations, Fleet Application Engineer
What do you like best?

The Professional account enables important tools used daily and ensure quick replies re any concerns or snags. Providing commercial and financial departments with visual insight resulting from operational limits has proven extremely valuable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Minor issues only. The main issue I have and have raised with Scribble Maps; is the difficulty and time consuming exercise of drawing of ovals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Providing staff with no operational experience clear and simple insight as to aircraft limitations and abilities Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jonathan Wagner of Scribble Maps

Thanks, we are working on a lot of vector data stuff now. Hopefully we can also improve the oval drawing for you as well.

What do you like best?

I use Scribble Maps as a realtor & it allows me to easily add & subtract details as needed. The variety of maps is also helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not knowing what all the Save features do on the MENU. I imagine there is a FAQ where I could go to learn more... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Explore the Toolbar a ton to fully understand the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating my own maps has solved my problems of cutting & pasting existing maps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jonathan Wagner of Scribble Maps

Thanks for the feedback. If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to click the "get help" button. We have customer service reps that will usually respond within 24 hours. Outside of that we are constantly updating help.scribblemaps.com

UL
What do you like best?

As a trial lawyer, I often need to show the jury a map of the scene or a route. Scribble Maps is far superior to other tools, like Google Maps, for making maps for presentations. It's easy to show multiple routes in different colors and to highlight points of interest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could download even higher resolution maps for printing. Current resolution limits print size. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before Scribble Maps, it was virtually impossible to show different routes on the same map. Further, you can control the line size on roads, so you can make roads that are not on your route, more or less visible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jonathan Wagner of Scribble Maps

Thanks ya. The resolution is pretty much locked with what you can see on your screen because of the underlying tech. That said what others have done with some success is they have used third party upscaling services so that they can make the label sizes on roads etc.. larger.

What do you like best?

That I can draw on the map to show where has been knocked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The printing of the maps needs some work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Where my workforce has knocked streets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

photographer
What do you like best?

The rings! We can share with our clients mileage rings that help tell them what they will pay for mileage it if is outside of our normal driving range. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When you zoom out, if you don't pin the point, you lose the point, and you have to retype it. The user interface could be more up to date and modern. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

update user interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can give accurate mileage for drives to homes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Assistant to the CEO
What do you like best?

I like the variety of things you can do with Scribble Maps, you can pretty much "map" anything you want! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does take a little bit to figure out what all can be done, so make sure you spend time researching or get someone to give you a demo! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sign up for the free demo, it's SUPER helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm not solving any problems, but I'm definitely making my life easier by being able to map out what I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The thing that is most helpful is the staff and how quickly they respond to your questions and the program is very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any negative experiences when dealing with Scribble Maps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The staff has gone above an beyond. The have scheduled team training, listened to our suggestions, and even implemented the use of tools that are valuable to what our company needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

Love the region fill feature. Makes it simple to hone in a map to a certain area or emphasize a place's importance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price point is high. I mean there are no comparable services, but for my use I wish there was a less expensive version. Essentially, I use it to draw possible routes for a new road and then I use the region fill show the areas that will be impacted. I wish the Road Snap Function would work from further out as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating good quality maps. Used to I would just use paint and draw on a copied google map. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jonathan Wagner of Scribble Maps

We always recommend our annual pro-basic which works out to being around $14/month which we think is a really good value. Some other important things regarding price is we believe in grand-fathering. We never retro-actively increase prices for those with existing contracts. Also we never delete data, so you can pay for 1 month or 2 months a year only and you don't have to worry about us deleting your maps.

What do you like best?

Having the option to use multiple maps and transfer files from other sources is a big help, a lot of customization options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Forgetting to hit the save button after three hours of work. No auto save. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the main benefits is able to share your maps with non-customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jonathan Wagner of Scribble Maps

We have a rolled out a couple things that will hopefully help people in the future not lose work. The first is just a quick 25 minute notice that alerts you that your work has not been saved. The second is when saving a map for the first time we default the "auto-save" check box to be on which starts the 5-minute auto-save process.