SchoolAuction.net

SchoolAuction.net

SchoolAuction.net is a web-based software to help school auction teams plan, manage and run school fundraising auctions.

Work for SchoolAuction.net?

Learning about SchoolAuction.net?

SchoolAuction.net Reviews

Ask SchoolAuction.net a Question

"First Time User - Great Product"

What do you like best?

The Customer Service was fantastic. The entire School Auction Team was great to work with and very helpful. The built in help reference section was also invaluable. It was easy to find the information we needed and easy to understand the instructions.

What do you dislike?

The import integration between School Auction and Etapestry was tricky to use. While it does work it became easier to manually import the majority of transactions. I was hoping for a smoother process. That said, I am not sure any other product out there wouldn't have the same draw back.

This was the first time we used online bidding for our silent auction and it went really well. There was a user learning curve for our staff and volunteers, but we are glad we went with SchoolAuction. Their software simplified the bidding and check out processes greatly and freed staff and volunteers to focus more on creating relationship with attendees

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about SchoolAuction.net
Showing 86 SchoolAuction.net reviews
Natasha C.

"Great Community Fundraising Tool"

What do you like best?

It's a user-friendly system, and they made it even more intuitive by adding tooltips that describe each functionality. Also, the amount of direct support we get is phenomenal.

What do you dislike?

The first time setting up the system can be time consuming, getting familiar with all the features and customizing it to your event. But as we've attested to, in subsequent years it gets easier. You are more attuned to the systems potential, and also you can migrate over as much or as little of your previous year's data as you need, then customize it to suit the venue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The level of support with this product is unparalleled. You always get an answer, and they help walk you through every step.

The auction site allows us to reach beyond our normal client base. And it's very easy for a first time user to figure out how to bid. Also, the customization is a nice benefit.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about SchoolAuction.net
Jill T.

"First time live auction user"

What do you like best?

I loved the local connection, the ease of use and setup, the ability to generate letters directly, and the ability to take and hold credit cards for easy checkout. It was a really nice software to use for our first live auction experience.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could have exported data using a .csv or other file to set it up for ease of entry into our other databases rather than having to enter by hand. It would have been nice if they used one of our other payment processes but overall, we were happy with the built in and the rates were reasonable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an awesome system for small to medium nonprofits looking to efficiently scale up into more efficient event management. It's a very easy system to learn and use, with a quick learning curve for volunteers and staff members. Also really excellent for offices which have divergent levels of technological comfort.

We needed to be able to process credit cards and be able to store them at check in. The ability to check people in and track attendance was also highly helpful. We were moving from a paper-based system to a computer based system and SchoolAuction.net helped us to bridge the gap with a user friendly software allowing our small staff to run a large event.

What Nonprofit Auction solution do you use?

Kathryn F.

"Intuitive and lots of support"

What do you like best?

Good help info and videos as well as quick response from customer support.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any real troubles yet. My challenges have more to do with my own time constraints and being a one-person development shop. The customization of the site as far as graphic design is a bit challenging for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SchoolAuction.net makes it easy for a first time auction administrator to get started and build the necessary structure for the event. The flow chart is helpful as are the help articles and videos. There are many standard reports that support detailed analysis of your event. Mobile bidding is a nice addition. The option to self-check is useful in reducing lines on event night.

We are a small, private school that uses SchoolAuction.net for our fundraising dinner as well as our annual gala/auction. I appreciate being able to process payments, track guests, and accurately track the performance of each revenue stream at the auction. I'm new in my position this year and being able to thoroughly and accurately review what happened last year is crucial to planning and performance this year.

Ed S.

"The great and not so great of using SchoolAuction.net"

What do you like best?

Our school has a Gala auction with paper sheets for bidding. Given our demographics we are not likely to move to a full online or mobile only auction. So, being able to print all our bid sheets, certificates and descriptions is fantastic. We also love having the catalog available online after the live event. This has definitely increased our revenue as people continue to purchase items after the live event has ended. We also love the mobile/online payment option. 80+% of people have paid for their winnings within one day of the auction closing! Not having to chase people down for payment has been great.

What do you dislike?

The biggest money makers at our party are parties and experiences. These are great since we are able to host multiple people for a party and collect from all of them as opposed to one winning bidder. SchoolAuction.net is okay at allowing for multiple sign ups and multiple winners. But it has no means of following up with winners. We have to manually track all the parties, participans and send out reminders which is a lot of work. It would be nice to be able to use the data that is already there in the software to do all of our party follow ups. Also, we create a print catalog and while we are able to export all the catalog entries, we still have to spend a great deal of time reformatting the entries so that the catalog looks decent.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very good product and a great value for the price. We have definitely recouped the cost and more from how much more we were able to offer and raise during the auction. I would take advantage of the trial and see if it fits the style of auction you are hosting.

Business problems solved - since we are a PTA and all volunteer, the software has been great in helping reduce the amount of volunteer labor needed to run the auction. The biggest benefit is recovering 80% or or more of our payments online and rapidly.

Lora K.

"Signing on with SchoolAuction was a win for our school!"

What do you like best?

SchoolAuction has a user friendly interface for both the event creators and the event attendees. We saved an enormous amount of time this year and it was a relief to not train volunteers on cumbersome software. We also did not need to hire a back office team to run the event! Our team was able to use SchoolAuction efficiently ourselves and it allowed everyone to enjoy the event that we worked so hard to produce.

What do you dislike?

A few more post-auction specific reports might be useful. Otherwise, it was really great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It was a huge bonus to our school. Highly recommend it!

We needed fewer volunteers and required less time spent on learning software. It was a huge benefit in a small school that has fewer families to pull from for volunteer opportunities.

L. H.

"Successful Auctions Thanks to SchoolAuction.net"

What do you like best?

SchoolAuction.net delivered a reliable, customizable, mobile-friendly platform & end user interface. It was easy to setup with the ability to bring over past donors and payment gateway information from past events, provided excellent support, reliable performance, helpful reports and the ability to easily contact winning bidders with a follow-up email.

What do you dislike?

Improvement to the winning bidders’ confirmation email is needed to clearly inform the person where and when their item must be picked up. (This may be an improvement that an administrator can do when the event is setup…that’s where SchoolAuction.net’s responsive support comes in handy!)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SchoolAuction.net gave us the ability to affordably run online auctions and a live auction over the past 3 years that were each profitable events. It enables us to continue hosting auction fundraisers that focus on promoting our local merchants with no distracting third-party ads. Excellent support!

Andrew H.

"Schoolauction.net is a wonderful system with great support"

What do you like best?

The pre-event support was wonderful, I had a great phone call with one of the owners and the tech support was always quick to respond. And the website itself was very easy to use!

What do you dislike?

Setting up the credit card gateway was by far the most difficult aspect of it. This was not the fault of Schoolauction.net, but it was due to the complexity of the CC systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the test system alot, really get familiar with it as this prepares you for anything that comes up the night of the event.

We saw immediate reports from our auction which was extremely beneficial. Also the self check out garnered several very positive reviews from our guests.

Nicole S.

"Easy to Use Cloud Based Auction Software"

What do you like best?

Schoolauction.net has amazing support, is easy to use and works for up to 3 events per year. We use it to sell tickets for other smaller events throughout the year. I find the processes easy, and we captured a lot of donor data and information this past year as a result.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it is difficult to find where to edit certain pages on the website we use to sell tickets and get donations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is amazing!

We are able to see multiple people using the software at once. With the other auction software we used in the past, it was difficult to use and could only be on one computer.

"First Time User - Great Product"

Patti M.

"After 4 years and 27 events, I am a huge fan of SchoolAuction.net!"

What do you like best?

The software is very intuitive and easy to use. It includes all of the features that we could ever want and improvements continue to be made to make for the very best user experience. Also, it is important to our organization to be able to run multiple events sites at the same time and SchoolAuction.net does that.

What do you dislike?

There are small things about the way the system works that could be improved such as each time you log in, you have to re-customize each page to show the fields that are most important to you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My initial research showed that this software is a very good value for the price.

This software is the complete package for every aspect of putting on a silent auction. It has made us more professional and allowed us to be able to print a custom receipt at the end of the event for each attender.

AP
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"SchoolAuction.net meets our Gala and Auction needs to the max."

What do you like best?

I've used SchoolAuction for a year now as a Development Manager for a school. We have a spring Gala and auction each year, so having a system that is easy to use, easy to train and smooth throughout the busy preparatory season and post-Gala season is super important. I am grateful for the wonderful support at SchoolAuction.net site. They are timely, friendly, helpful and honestly go beyond the call of duty in my opinion. I've found the whole system streamlined, whether it tickets, admin duties, donors, donations but the thing that I most appreciate about SchoolAuction is how easy the catalog was to produce and to show off to our families. The night-of tasks were also very easy to work with, as was the follow up after the event. I appreciated the extra attention I got during the event week as well.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I don't have any qualms at all.

SchoolAuction helps us manage and organize and account for all the incoming monies associated with our largest school fundraiser of the year. Having a system where I can instantly click a button, and give our sponsors or ticket holders a ready answer, is huge. The benefits were huge, during the event week and following. It made all the follow-up duties streamlined and focused.

Cara M.

"Very User Friendly"

What do you like best?

After using an overly complicated auction software for a couple of years, SchoolAuction.net was such a refreshing change for us last year! It's very volunteer-friendly, but powerful enough to do everything we needed. The event night portion was a breeze and I was able to train our volunteers in less than 10 minutes. I also loved that all the credit card processing was online so I didn't have to batch process the credit cards the next day. I look forward to using the software at our next event!

What do you dislike?

I do wish that you could indicate on a donor record when a thank you and receipt has been sent. I have to keep track of that on a separate spreadsheet. I also wish there was a little more customization in the reporting and printed materials.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We have loved our experience so far with SchoolAuction.net and definitely recommend it to other schools that host auctions.

We host a silent & live auction at our gala every year. We have used other auction software in the past that was not user friendly and was too difficult to train volunteers. Schoolauction.net fills that need for us. It has all the features that we need and not a lot of extra stuff that we don't. Volunteers are comfortable using the system as well. The event night software is great!

Jennifer H.

"Good software for school gala"

What do you like best?

The categories, the reporting, the database creation, and the ability for users to put it all on their credit cards were wonderful features. The ability to print an invoice after the event that shows everything they spent money on and how much is tax deductible is great. I also was able to put our sponsor names on the invoices.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the live display that showed the current bids for online bidding. We had a large number of items, so it had to scroll through the items to show current bid, so it took forever for guests to know what something was at if they wanted to know quickly. Otherwise, they had to go to each item individually on their device to see what it was at. I am hoping their is a hidden setting I'm unaware of to make this better for next time!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time for users to understand how to categorize each item they enter. Mistakes will affect the live view reporting during the event and wrap up at end. You can always fix after the fact, but it will affect totals. Also, have credit card swipers for registration. Having to manually enter into software at event will hold up registration line. Also, if doing live online bidding, check mark the box that allows guests to put in a max bid. It will automatically increase guests bids as they get outbid. We did not see this setting prior to event and feel like we left money on the table. However, it IS a feature of this software!

We needed a way to collect money online, report it based on a variety of different variables, and invoice at the end. The database creation was so worth it for us. The first step to digital reporting for this school and it was amazing!

Dan L.

"User Friendly, Event Organization Platform! : ) "

What do you like best?

School Auction is a user friendly auction tool! Our organization has used School Auction for four years and counting!

I've looked at other firms and really appreciate the value for cost, and the friendly support. Even for small questions, the email response is prompt, helpful and to the point! : )

I really value the extra capacity the software brings to automate and centralize so many auction functions- from the online purchases to tickets to food choices- this is useful for our records and for our tracking.

One feature I most appreciate is the data analysis that School Auction provides- its software provides easy to use charts to help detail how money is spent, and on which items. This easy to use data tracking helps us in our debrief of events.

What do you dislike?

School Auction has been very effective! This isn't so much a dislike as observation - for the night of activity, the software is very intuitive. To get the best use of the software, it takes time for the lead staff or volunteer to become familiar. The early that someone takes time to learn and use the training videos, the better off you will be! Don't wait until the week or so before to crash course- Your volunteers are counting on you to do your best, and the more you know the software the more you can help.

Our goal was to identify user friendly software to automate many of the key functions at our annual fundraiser.

With School Auction, we've been able to build a consistent, useful pattern of activity, and can compare data easily year over year.

On the Night Of, School Auction's team is available for any phone call support, and in the lead up to the event are super responsive for email. The tool is great to organize both ticket purchases and gala auction items, and a useful assist to track data.

Stephanie M.

"A smooth, organized, and user-friendly experience!"

What do you like best?

The reports available following the conclusion of the auction provided valuable insight into spending trends that will help us make improvements to future events.

What do you dislike?

The price of the program includes the option for online or mobile bidding, but this is not something my organization is unlikely to ever use. A fee scale with different features for varying prices would be beneficial for smaller organizations working with limited funds.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it!! You won't regret it at all.

The program allows my team to coordinate our efforts from anywhere. Our previous auction software was cumbersome and not cloud-based, so this program allowed us to use technology to its full advantage to make improvements to the planning and implementation of our event.

Joe C.

"Great system for our Auction and other Parish Events"

What do you like best?

Support from SchoolAuction team is always timely and helpful. Online ticket sales, mobile bidding and online checkout has made using this system so easy and made our events much easier.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a mass item edit screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When I evaluated various options many years ago, SchoolAuction came out on top. I'd recommend it highly.

Used to use a different online bidding system vendor who came in with staff to manage event. We now can do it ourselves (after some training of bidder support volunteers) and save about $4K a year by doing it ourselves.

Kalynn T.

"Great Product for school silent auctions"

What do you like best?

Mobile bidding

Easy to use and navigate

Custom website

What do you dislike?

More control over emails

Some ability to edit bids at the admin level for users who don't use computers well.

Canceling orders was tricky.

Our elementary school has been using Schoolauction.net for a number of years. Each year they have improved the software to add more functionality. They have wonderful customer service.

As this is my second year running our event I have a better idea on what we want and need. I researched other options this year and came back to schoolauction.net. The features they offer vs the competition are on point but the largest selling point for me was the flat price. As a PTA knowing what to budget and spend is essential to running my event and raising the most I can.

AN
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Overall Great Product"

What do you like best?

Best part of using SchoolAuction.net was the ease and thoroughness of setup on the admin panel. The customization components were simple to find or edit. The customer service was also top notch. Very responsive and thorough.

What do you dislike?

The worst part of using SchoolAuction.net was linking and unlinking bidders at check-in. Although the steps were clear to follow, it took valuable time at check-in. An easy fix for this would be disabling the linking bidder option during registration, but allowing guests to link AT the time of check-in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I did not use any of the table settings so I cannot comment there. But we used the mobile bidding software and it worked great.

Needed a simple way to hold an auction for donors with ages ranging from 22-60. This was simple for all.

Andrew C.

"Awesome Auction Software"

What do you like best?

We went from a dated off-line software package to SchoolAuction.net. Transition could not have been easier. The software interface is very clean and easy to navigate. Instead of passing excel files around to people and then entering data into our old software, everyone could do their part online from home. Training staff on software was extremely easy. The site also has very good documentation if you need help.

We hooked the software into one of their partner credit card processors (they have many with very good fees as well). Again, everything was very straightforward.

Day of the event: Check-In was a breeze. Bought some cheap credit card readers off of Amazon and "vaulted" patrons credit cards. Entering of final bids was again very easy. Check-out, which used to consist of extremely long lines, was basically eliminated with the mobile check-out feature.

I really have nothing negative to say about this software or company.

What do you dislike?

We honestly did not have any complaints about the software from our volunteers. The guests raved about how quickly we were able to get them in and out of check-in and check-out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't regret using this software to run your event.

We needed software that supported multiple users, especially in the weeks leading up to our event. This software exceeded our expectations.

AM
Administrator in Media Production

"SchoolAuction.net Review"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the ability to utilize the software for all our fundraising events, allowing us to sell all tickets online, as well as track sales, donations, and event data for future years.

What do you dislike?

The system is a bit clunky when it comes to "web design" features and customizing the main page. Unless you are a professional web designer, there are limits to how jazzy you can make your home page with images and colors.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you do a lot of fundraising events to which you need to sell tickets, log donations, and create an auction for bidding this is excellent software and will help exceed your fundraising goals.

We are reducing our carbon footprint dramatically by converting virtually all sales and fundraising to the online portal.

jane w.

"School Auction has been very dependable with a high quality of service and training."

What do you like best?

School Auction is very quick to answer needed questions and to respond to any training needed.

What do you dislike?

We had an issue with they updating the day of our auction.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I is definitely possible to do your own auction with School Auction software. We do a mobile auction and it works very well. Our check in and check out is very easy now.

We have been able to cut our mobile auction needs and cost to only our own staff and volunteers with the School Auction software and team helping us.

Maura W.

"Easy to use Auction Software!"

What do you like best?

I've been putting on auctions since the 90s when I started out with Architype Software, and then it got bought out and we used a different program for 15 years until we discovered Tofino (now called SchoolAuction.net). It is easy to use, has great tech support, is constantly improving its system based on user feedback. They won me over nearly 8 years ago and I am never going back to any other system.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, they have improved each year so anything I didn't like or found difficult is now gone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great for volunteers and for folks who are new to the auction world because of its ease of working with it and great customer support.

SchoolAuction.net helps us make our auction easy for bidders to access - they can checkin with their phones, see our items online, make donations if they can't attend - it is easy to navigate and helps us maximize the money we raise.

Angela H.

"Terrific Auction Site"

What do you like best?

Tech savvy people can forgot that nonprofit volunteers are often unfamiliar or intimated by web tools. This auction software is designed for all tech abilities, and is intuitive enough that anyone can use it while still being feature-rich.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! The customer service is so amazing and responsive that whenever I've had an issue, they either correct it our offer a useful workaround.

Our earlier nonprofit auctions were very cumbersome, and required our volunteers to be very familiar with software systems. Now anyone can handle the system.

Kate F.

"Don't attempt an auction without it!"

What do you like best?

Personalized service and support. Plus, they have print features for EVERYTHING. No need to create a certificate/voucher in the absence of a tangible item at auction.

What do you dislike?

It'd be great to be able to run more reports (like a sold list by item). Also, the ability to sync up with an existing payment/credit card merchant. As far as bookkeeping is concerned, it's a bit of a pain to have to use a new credit card processing system and account for the way they separate fees and such if it's a departure from how you normally operate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't attempt an auction without it!

Have you ever tried running an auction/event just using an Excel spreadsheet? It's a nightmare and you're doomed to fail :)

Alisa M.

"Best Auction Software out there"

What do you like best?

I have chaired auctions for our school before using this software and since using this software. Never again would I use anything else. I love the fact that it is web-based, multi-user functionality and works with tablets and phones.

What do you dislike?

The cost is high for a small school like ours. But, I told our PTO that I would not help with the auction unless we use it.

We hold an annual auction for our school. The ease of use, the multi-user functionality, the ability to capture payment information before closing out are all benefits of the software.

Learn more about SchoolAuction.net

Learning about SchoolAuction.net?

* We monitor all SchoolAuction.net reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.